PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos fear Dan Koppen has torn his ACL

Pages : [1] 2

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-28-2013, 01:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Broncos fear Dan Koppen has torn his acl</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/statuses/361565634401808385">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MotherfuckerJones
07-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Fuck Denver

RealSNR
07-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Tragic. I guess.

Setsuna
07-28-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm speechless..... this guy is one of the many people....I had no knowledge of their existence till now.

MotherfuckerJones
07-28-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm sure I'll get another fucking rep message from knowmo ROFL

BlackHelicopters
07-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Sad. Maybe.

DaFace
07-28-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm speechless..... this guy is one of the many people....I had no knowledge of their existence till now.

He was their starting center, so it's not a trivial injury.

BigMeatballDave
07-28-2013, 01:29 PM

LOL Dumbass

GoChargers
07-28-2013, 01:38 PM
The Donks are in freefall... they're real lucky that this division is trash and they get to play the Chargers and Faid four times out of the year.

Is it just me or have there been far more training camp ACL tears this year than usual?

RunKC
07-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Clady is the only good OL they have?

Chiefshrink
07-28-2013, 01:44 PM
The Donks are in freefall... they're real lucky that this division is trash and they get to play the Chargers and Faid four times out of the year.

Agree ! And what I said yesterday in a thread.

Contrary to popular belief across the NFL media/fan base, I have a strong feeling that this season will not be kind to Elway Manning:D

Elway is being exposed for all his covering up that has eventually blown up in his face and his trust with donkey fans is not good right now.
Elway hides Tom Heckert's DUI he received back in May until a drunk Russell ran into a cop car that couldn't be hidden because of the severity of the DUI or else IMO Elway would have hidden Russell's DUI as well. Once the press out here realized that Elway hid Heckert's DUI they got to thinking what else is Elway and crew hiding ? Lo and behold Von Miller ! Elway has been hiding Von Miller's issues of failing 3 drug tests that involve 'weed and amphetamines' that actually started in Von's rookie year that have recently come out in the open now. And this last failed 3rd test happened weeks ago and is already in the appeal stage with Goodell which means Elway has been keeping this 'mums the word' until we have to reveal it. But looking back it was Russell's boner in Breckenridge that started the domino effect of exposing all this coverup crap.

Granted Elway can't totally control his staff or players "off the field crap" but it needs to be exposed immediately when it happens so as to not come off Nixoniesh to the public. The coverup is what always gets you. Somebody needs to give Elway some PR lessons on what to correctly do "when sh** hits the fan" for your company.

But it is enjoyable listening to all these pissed off and highly worried donkey fans begin to actually worry that their season may not get off to a fast start.

And now Koppen goes down-:hmmm:;)

Mr_Tomahawk
Who?

RealSNR
Am I the only one who thinks Clady is the only good OL they have?

Kuper's pretty good. I'd rather have him than Asamoah or Allen.

Other than that, though, no.

Ming the Merciless
07-28-2013, 01:46 PM
motha fuck the motha fuckin broncos

I dont root for people to get injured though...

sucks for them

but still

FUCK the motha fucking broncos

GoChargers
07-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Agree ! And what I said yesterday in a thread.

Contrary to popular belief across the NFL media/fan base, I have a strong feeling that this season will not be kind to Elway Manning:D

Elway is being exposed for all his covering up that has eventually blown up in his face and his trust with donkey fans is not good right now.
Elway hides Tom Heckert's DUI he received back in May until a drunk Russell ran into a cop car that couldn't be hidden because of the severity of the DUI or else IMO Elway would have hidden Russell's DUI as well. Once the press out here realized that Elway hid Heckert's DUI they got to thinking what else is Elway and crew hiding ? Lo and behold Von Miller ! Elway has been hiding Von Miller's issues of failing 3 drug tests that involve 'weed and amphetamines' that actually started in Von's rookie year that have recently come out in the open now. And this last failed 3rd test happened weeks ago and is already in the appeal stage with Goodell which means Elway has been keeping this 'mums the word' until we have to reveal it. But looking back it was Russell's boner in Breckenridge that started the domino effect of exposing all this coverup crap.

Granted Elway can't totally control his staff or players "off the field crap" but it needs to be exposed immediately when it happens so as to not come off Nixoniesh to the public. The coverup is what always gets you. Somebody needs to give Elway some PR lessons on what to correctly do "when sh** hits the fan" for your company.

But it is enjoyable listening to all these pissed off and highly worried donkey fans begin to actually worry that their season may not get off to a fast start.

And now Koppen goes down-:hmmm:;)
You left out how Horseface cost his team Dumervil because he didn't know how to use a fax machine and then tried a last-minute switcheroo on his contract. Horseface is flat-out incompetent and still living off his glory days as a player of when the Donks were the biggest cheaters in football (salary cap cheating, Vaseline, Spygate-style taping).

wazu
07-28-2013, 01:51 PM
And Weigmann's phone rings again.

Pablo
07-28-2013, 01:56 PM
SDB.

Chiefshrink
07-28-2013, 02:00 PM
You left out how Horseface cost his team Dumervil because he didn't know how to use a fax machine and then tried a last-minute switcheroo on his contract. Horseface is flat-out incompetent and still living off his glory days as a player of when the Donks were the biggest cheaters in football (salary cap cheating, Vaseline, Spygate-style taping).

You absolutely correct !! I forgot about that !! Good catch ! Let's hope the Karma keeps coming !!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
07-28-2013, 02:01 PM

you're not far from the truth !!;)

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-28-2013, 02:02 PM

Lilja's probably as well. :)

Chiefshrink
07-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Lija's probably as well. :)

good point !! If the $$ is right !!:thumb:

Eleazar
07-28-2013, 02:05 PM
They sure can't catch a break this offseason, but the whole Jenga tower was always wobbling on that "Manning's neck" block anyway.

MMXcalibur
07-28-2013, 02:07 PM
One Manning neck break away from winning the division at 8-8!

Al Bundy
07-28-2013, 02:07 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 12m

THIS JUST IN: Broncos C Dan Koppen has torn ACL after injuring his knee in practice today. (via ESPN & media reports)

Planetman
07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 12m

THIS JUST IN: Broncos C Dan Koppen has torn ACL after injuring his knee in practice today. (via ESPN & media reports)
Yep.

@AdamSchefter
Tests confirmed Broncos C Dan Koppen tore his ACL, as @Jeff_Legwold reported.

DTLB58
07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
@NFL_ATL: Test confirm Dan Koppen done for year with ACL tear, according to @RapSheet. Broncos now scrambling at center.

Rausch
07-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Dicks.

Suck them...

Chiefshrink
07-28-2013, 02:19 PM
They sure can't catch a break this offseason, but the whole Jenga tower was always wobbling on that "Manning's neck" block anyway.

The funny part is that they could have prevented most of this off the field crap to begin with IF they would have PR'd it the right way. When Von failed the first test you put the heat on him right away from the press. But no, and now they have paid a dear price of potentially 4 games without him as their O-line crumbles.

FlaChief58
07-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Great news for Chiefs fans. Sucks for Dan, buttfuck the donks

Rasputin
07-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Maybe they can turn Jake O'Connell into a center? Just giving them ideas :D

MagicHef
07-28-2013, 02:47 PM
That's a crappy way to end your career.

FD
07-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Report: Dan Koppen tore his ACL

Posted by Josh Alper on July 28, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Broncos Camp Football
AP
The Broncos may be in the market for some offensive line help.

As reported earlier, center Dan Koppen had to be carted off the field with an injury to his leg during Sunday’s practice. Koppen was taken for an MRI right after getting hurt and Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post reports that Koppen tore his ACL.

It’s a big blow for the Broncos, who re-signed with the team in June after center J.D. Walton had surgery on the ankle he broke in 2012. Koppen stepped in for Walton last year, making 12 starts, and was expected to do so again this year, but it would appear that we won’t be seeing him on the field until next season.

Manny Ramirez took over for Koppen on Sunday and he’s the only experienced option currently on the roster. Phillip Blake, a fourth-round choice in 2012, also plays center, but he missed almost all of his rookie season with a thumb injury. Complicating matters on the interior for the Broncos is the ongoing ankle and leg trouble that guard Chris Kuper has been experiencing since breaking his leg late in the 2011 season.

With protecting Peyton Manning as important as ever in Denver, the Broncos will likely be scouring the market for bodies to help them get through camp and beyond without further losses on the line.

That guy is multi-talented.

Rausch
07-28-2013, 02:55 PM
That's a crappy way to end your career.

No one wants to go out a bronco...

notorious
07-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Damnit.

We need Denver, Oakland, and San Diego to be at their best. This division needs to get it's head out of it's ass.

The better everyone else is, the better the Chiefs will be.

Rausch
07-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Damnit.

We need Denver, Oakland, and San Diego to be at their best.

That's funny, I was just thinking the exact opposite...

Saulbadguy
07-28-2013, 03:16 PM
http://blog.downtownny.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Yanks-09.jpg

Pablo
07-28-2013, 03:18 PM
It doesn't matter if all of the starting linemen get injured and Miller gets suspended for the entire season; they're still winning the division.

An old, broke neck fuck is still miles better than our QB and they're going to walk away with the division because of it.

But, I'd definitely take more Bronco injuries.

BossChief
07-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Sucks for them. They had just lost JD Walton to an ankle injury, too...which he just had surgery on.

Jeff Saturday?

Rausch
07-28-2013, 03:19 PM
It doesn't matter if all of the starting linemen get injured an Miller gets suspended for the entire season; they're still winning the division.

LMAO

notorious
07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Pablo is correct.

Manning's line will get away with holding all year no matter who is playing. The NFL needs to protect one of their elite players at any cost.

Just once I would like to see the hold called for Hali in a game..........Manning wouldn't last a quarter.

GoChargers
07-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Plus an elite quarterback can win with a mediocre-to-bad O-line, just look at the last four Super Bowls.

Rausch
07-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Plus an elite quarterback can win with a mediocre-to-bad O-line, just look at the last four Super Bowls.

This is true.

But they don't win with $3itty WR's and no pass rush.

"Strange but true: Last four Super Bowl winners have played in Eagles’ home opener"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/strange-true-last-four-super-bowl-winners-played-160300198--nfl.html

TheGuardian
07-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Good.

Caseyguyrr
07-28-2013, 03:46 PM
stay down bitch

Marcellus
07-28-2013, 03:51 PM

So what you are saying is Rivers isn't elite.

Cool.

notorious
07-28-2013, 04:11 PM
He isn't anymore.

MagicHef
07-28-2013, 04:27 PM
This is true.

But they don't win with $3itty WR's and no pass rush.

"Strange but true: Last four Super Bowl winners have played in Eagles’ home opener"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/strange-true-last-four-super-bowl-winners-played-160300198--nfl.html

So... you don't like NE's chances?

Setsuna
07-28-2013, 04:36 PM
He was their starting center, so it's not a trivial injury.

Oh ok. That's no good. Manning likes to know the feel of his center's balls before he can comfortably run the offense as he sees fit. This could be a problem.

GoChargers
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
So what you are saying is Rivers isn't elite.

Not anymore - I've never denied that. He's fallen off the past two years.

I would still take 2006-2011 Rivers over Alice Smiff though.

Carlota69
07-28-2013, 04:47 PM
When they said the donkey heard a pop in his knee, I knew it was his ACL. I heard the same thing when I tore mine. And it's been a bitch of a recovery. So When I hear or see someone jack their knee, I cringe, then after hearing its a Bronco, I high fived a fellow KC fan;-)

MagicHef
07-28-2013, 04:51 PM

I'd still take current Rivers over Smith.

Pablo
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM

Well, yeah.

Pablo
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
This is true.

Setsuna
07-28-2013, 04:56 PM
When they said the donkey heard a pop in his knee, I knew it was his ACL. I heard the same thing when I tore mine. And it's been a bitch of a recovery. So When I hear or see someone jack their knee, I cringe, then after hearing its a Bronco, I high fived a fellow KC fan;-)

Let's go out for a drink. ;)

Hammock Parties
07-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Stay down, bitch!

rabblerouser
07-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Hahahaha!!

Good.

GoChargers
07-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Current Rivers has essentially turned into Smiff. Panics under pressure, checkdown machine, takes too many sacks, etc.

Simply Red
07-28-2013, 05:19 PM
I don't know who Dan Koppen is - please start including this vital information in the OP if you're going to continue to thread up shit tweets.

PunkinDrublic
07-28-2013, 05:20 PM
The donks are being eliminated from the playoffs one injury or suspension at a time. Gotta love it.:D

patteeu
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
That's weird, I thought I heard he was going to retire this past offseason.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Does not look good. Knowmo broke out the sympathy sock.

FlaChief58
07-28-2013, 05:34 PM
No problem, we just signed our COTF /knowmo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Broncos have agreed to terms with free-agent C Steve Vallos, pending physical.</p>&mdash; Denver Broncos (@DenverBroncos) <a href="https://twitter.com/DenverBroncos/statuses/361623195930992640">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

Setsuna
07-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Stay down, bitch!

Q

MagicHef
07-28-2013, 05:46 PM
That's weird, I thought I heard he was going to retire this past offseason.

He was going to, then decided otherwise.

patteeu
07-28-2013, 05:49 PM
He was going to, then decided otherwise.

Bad decision. Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not going crazy.

listopencil
07-28-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't know who Dan Koppen is - please start including this vital information in the OP if you're going to continue to thread up shit tweets.

He's the guy we used last year because everyone else was hurt.

JoeyChuckles
07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I would like to formally apologize for my fellow fan's insolence in this thread. We are creating a horrible karmic imbalance which I am afraid will wreak havoc on our own chances this year and into the future. Please football deities, have mercy on our souls.

Denver Mike
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
One Manning neck break away from winning the division at 8-8!

You're a fucking idiot. Not a one of you actually thought he'd make it through last season and what do you know he had one of the best seasons in his career.

With Welker in the mix, this year Manning is going to trample your team and any pathetic hopes you have of KC making the playoffs.

Alex Smith, Woop Woop!

Imon Yourside
07-28-2013, 07:09 PM
I would like to formally apologize for my fellow fan's insolence in this thread. We are creating a horrible karmic imbalance which I am afraid will wreak havoc on our own chances this year and into the future. Please football deities, have mercy on our souls.

Karma can suck a dick.

ColinBarton23
You're a ****ing idiot. Not a one of you actually thought he'd make it through last season and what do you know he had one of the best seasons in his career.

With Welker in the mix, this year Manning is going to trample your team and any pathetic hopes you have of KC making the playoffs.

Alex Smith, Woop Woop!

I do agree, we need to give Manning some more respect.... But I don't think Broncos fans should overlook the Chiefs this year..

Imon Yourside
You're a ****ing idiot. Not a one of you actually thought he'd make it through last season and what do you know he had one of the best seasons in his career.

Alex Smith, Woop Woop!

LMAO run along little donkey.

Denver Mike
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I do agree, we need to give Manning some more respect.... But I don't think Broncos fans should overlook the Chiefs this year..

Fair statement. I can talk fairly to fans who don't have their heads up their assholes.

Andy Reid will do a lot for your team. I honestly think he can be a superb coach. Like Shanny in Denver, he needed a good change of scenery.

Denver Mike
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
LMAO run along little donkey.

Chiefs fan's like you are just an embarrassment. Sorry, but it's not my fault your franchise has been a joke the past decade

Imon Yourside
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Fair statement. I can talk fairly to fans who don't have their heads up their assholes.

Andy Reid will do a lot for your team. I honestly think he can be a superb coach. Like Shanny in Denver, he needed a good change of scenery.

Many Donkey fans didn't want Brokeneck last year either as I recall.

GoChargers
07-28-2013, 07:15 PM
You're a fucking idiot. Not a one of you actually thought he'd make it through last season and what do you know he had one of the best seasons in his career.

Alex Smith, Woop Woop!

Salty much? No need to melt down just because your team is a circus.

Imon Yourside
07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Chiefs fan's like you are just an embarrassment. Sorry, but it's not my fault your franchise has been a joke the past decade

Your trolling efforts are weak, I enjoy the mults much better at least they have some originality and don't come off like a broken clock.

notorious
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Karma can suck a dick.

This.

Karma owes us for two years ago when we lost nearly every starter to a season-ending injury.

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Koppen was signed because JD Walton was having ankle issues, JD should be back by Oct or Nov. Guys like Manny Ramirez, Chris Kuper and Phillip Blake can fill in, it's not like they have to make the line calls with The Sheriff behind center.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Horsey Jr. can make any lineman look good...look at Clady

ClevelandBronco
07-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Koppen was signed because JD Walton was having ankle issues, JD should be back by Oct or Nov. Guys like Manny Ramirez, Chris Kuper and Phillip Blake can fill in, it's not like they have to make the line calls with The Sheriff behind center.

Or they could sign a guy who's been bouncing around the league.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23749626/broncos-sign-free-agent-center-steve-vallos

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2013, 08:06 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23749626/broncos-sign-free-agent-center-steve-vallos

I don't know if he's any better than the guys we have already.

vailpass
07-28-2013, 08:07 PM
You poor fuckers. Like you but Damn.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't know if he's any better than the guys we have already.

That bunch of chodes?

TribalElder
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM

Dontari Poe has to be excited

Pablo
07-28-2013, 08:16 PM

Alex Smith, Woop Woop! probably true.

ptlyon
07-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Noted

ptlyon
07-28-2013, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the respect.I myself will wait & see. Til then, have fun losing in the playoffs.

wink91wink
07-28-2013, 09:36 PM

Tim Tebow was your Quarterback 2 seasons ago and you are calling us a joke?

listopencil
07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Tim Tebow was your Quarterback 2 seasons ago and you are calling us a joke?

You made a mult just to say that? Hardly worth the effort.

wink91wink
07-28-2013, 09:40 PM
You made a mult just to say that? Hardly worth the effort.

Actually it was my first post, just found this site a few days ago

Imon Yourside
07-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Actually it was my first post, just found this site a few days ago

Nevermind Listo he hangs out here and is really a Chief fan down underneath that crusty donkey exterior.

listopencil
07-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Nevermind Listo he hangs out here and is really a Chief fan down underneath that crusty donkey exterior.

Hah. Not in a million years. I just can't stand reading retarded homer opinions of my team, and the only board that had a shred of non-homer activity was turned into a mouthpiece for the Mexican board of tourism. So you're stuck with me.

wink91wink
07-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Hah. Not in a million years. I just can't stand reading retarded homer opinions of my team, and the only board that had a shred of non-homer activity was turned into a mouthpiece for the Mexican board of tourism. So you're stuck with me.

haha gotta pick one extreme or the other :thumb:

RealSNR
07-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Taco John doesn't seem like the kind of guy to give in so easily to a government like that.

Tombstone RJ
07-28-2013, 10:33 PM

Kuper is on the PUP list and Blake is having a bad training camp. It appears ManRam is our only hope and of right now.

MagicHef
07-28-2013, 10:39 PM

I haven't seen a Mexican tourism thread on there for a while. Also, there's some good training camp stuff on there right now.

MotherfuckerJones
07-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Kuper is on the PUP list and Blake is having a bad training camp. It appears ManRam is our only hope and of right now.

Everyone's an All-Pro according to NoNo

clyde05
07-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Jeff Saturday will come out of retirement to be with Manning again

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Everyone's an All-Pro according to NoNo

No we just happen to have depth.

Discuss Thrower
07-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Jeff Saturday will come out of retirement to be with Manning again

Reddit-heads have conjectured that only for some to point out that he's lost around 50 lbs and is working the studio circuit.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-29-2013, 06:28 AM

ROFL you consider any piece of shit they sign to be super awesome

MotherfuckerJones
07-29-2013, 06:30 AM

Not as much as you think...who is your starting center?

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Help us ManRam, you're are only hope. lol

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Not as much as you think...who is your starting center?

Manny Ramirez began camp as the starter. He is no Pro Bowler but he started like 10 games for us last year. And who knows, Kuper could always try to transition to center once he is allowed to practice, he was working out with our strength coach during camp yesterday.

loochy
07-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Manny Ramirez began camp as the starter. He is no Pro Bowler but he started like 10 games for us last year. And who knows, Kuper could always try to transition to center once he is allowed to practice, he was working out with our strength coach during camp yesterday.

Starting games does not make one good.

Sabby Piscatelli and Jon McGraw started many games too.

KCUnited
07-29-2013, 07:13 AM
So Denver's had a complete front office meltdown, their star player is smoking himself out of the league, and now this. How is Denver fan koppen with all this?

-King-
07-29-2013, 07:20 AM
So Denver's had a complete front office meltdown, their star player is smoking himself out of the league, and now this. How is Denver fan koppen with all this?

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Starting games does not make one good.

Sabby Piscatelli and Jon McGraw started many games too.

Manny wasn't bad, he had some good games. Koppen or JD Walton would be better but Manny can hold his own. The rest of our OL is pretty studly.

Rasputin
07-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Really sounds like the broncos are on a downward spiral this offseason. Couldn't keep Dumberville & FO drunks running the show.

The center for the donks was a big deal for their O-line stable.

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Bringing Alex Gibbs back will more than make up for losing Koppen. Hillman is getting rave reviews in camp right now because of it.

Rasputin
07-29-2013, 07:46 AM
8-8 could win the AFCW this year.

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 07:47 AM
I get trolled so hard here.

Amnorix
07-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Koppen is pretty good, especially when it comes to communication, setting the blocking, etc., but he's not exactly an irreplaceably awesome center.

MotherfuckerJones
07-29-2013, 08:10 AM

You're the troll

vailpass
07-29-2013, 08:21 AM
8-8 could win the AFCW this year.

No.

loochy
07-29-2013, 08:31 AM

Trolling causes an equal but opposite reaction.

Being a Donks homer on a Chiefs board = trolling

Rasputin
07-29-2013, 08:34 AM
No.

Yes

vailpass
07-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Yes

Fair enough. Can't wait for the season to start. West will be better this year.

DaFace
07-29-2013, 09:02 AM

You only perceive that because you have the football acumen of a 10-year-old ballerina.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 09:04 AM
You only perceive that because you have the football acumen of a 10-year-old ballerina.

LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 09:05 AM

So you think there is a good chance that 8-8 wins the AFCW this year?

ptlyon
07-29-2013, 09:08 AM

You will have 17 wins this year. 16-0 in the regular season then the obligatory one & done in the playoffs.

DaFace
07-29-2013, 09:14 AM

Nope. But of course, I never said that.

Chronic
07-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Watching the Bronocs and Chiefs fight over who's better is like watching a cripple fight

Fansy the Famous Bard
07-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Watching the Bronocs and Chiefs fight over who's better is like watching a cripple fight

but who's the cripple fighting?

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 10:40 AM
You will have 17 wins this year. 16-0 in the regular season then the obligatory one & done in the playoffs.

Math fail.

ptlyon
07-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Math fail.

How so?

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 10:51 AM
How so?

Because we would be 16-1 to go one and done. Unless you thinkt he West will have two 16-0 teams (which is impossible)

You just got Donkey Schooled:eek:

FlaChief58
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
How so?

That would make them 16-1 :facepalm:

Sassy Squatch
07-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Let's all point and laugh at ptlyon

ptlyon
07-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Because we would be 16-1 to go one and done. Unless you thinkt he West will have two 16-0 teams (which is impossible)

You just got Donkey Schooled:eek:

I meant one win in the playoffs then done, but whatever.

ptlyon
07-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Let's all point and laugh at ptlyon

Hey, I was giving Manning benefit of the doubt for actually winning a playoff game this year!

Easy 6
07-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Man what an offseason so far for the donks, looks like it just might be time for the devil to collect on his contract with Bowlen.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 11:05 AM
This is what we get for pinning all our Super Bowl hopes on a center who's about to turn 34. Maybe we can grind out a win or two without him, but I'm not optimistic.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 11:11 AM
This is what we get for pinning all our Super Bowl hopes on a center who's about to turn 34. Maybe we can grind out a win or two without him, but I'm not optimistic.

Koppen is out for the year. He replaced J.D. Walton, who is out for the year. The third center, C.J. Davis was injured Saturday and didn't practice Sunday.

Joke all you want but center is an important position, especially to the QB.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Koppen is out for the year. He replaced J.D. Walton, who is out for the year. The third center, C.J. Davis was injured Saturday and didn't practice Sunday.

Joke all you want but center is an important position, especially to the QB.

Uh, no. Manuel Ramirez has been the starter throughout camp, even when Koppen was healthy. They've been planning on him starting for a while, because Koppen looked like he was going to retire. I've never even heard of C.J. Davis.

Easy 6
07-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Pretty sure those linemen are also just a part of the donks woe's, gotta admit Hef... its been a very inauspicious start so far.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Also, Walton is not out for the year.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Pretty sure those linemen are also just a part of the donks woe's, gotta admit Hef... its been a very inauspicious start so far.

So there's Von (who, in case you hadn't noticed, hasn't been suspended yet), and our backup center? Uh oh.

Sure, the FO drunks were stupid, but at this point those have nothing to do with the product on the field.

RealSNR
07-29-2013, 11:23 AM

You were saying this exact same kind of shit about all your players during the Broncos 4-12 season in 2010.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Uh, no. Manuel Ramirez has been the starter throughout camp, even when Koppen was healthy. They've been planning on him starting for a while, because Koppen looked like he was going to retire. I've never even heard of C.J. Davis.

This article from ABC 7 Denver disagrees

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-starting-center-dan-koppen-leaves-practice-with-leg-injury

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 11:36 AM
This article from ABC 7 Denver disagrees

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-starting-center-dan-koppen-leaves-practice-with-leg-injury

You can tell it's a quality article based on the fact that it doesn't even mention the guy who was expected to start all the way back in June.

www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=857860-broncos-manuel-ramirez-could-enter-camp-as-starter

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 11:57 AM
You can tell it's a quality article based on the fact that it doesn't even mention the guy who was expected to start all the way back in June.

www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=857860-broncos-manuel-ramirez-could-enter-camp-as-starter (http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=857860-broncos-manuel-ramirez-could-enter-camp-as-starter)

Except that he didn't. He didn't even take snaps at center in real practices until today's training camp session.

Furthermore, the guy has never played at center during his NFL career. He's always been a guard.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_23752789/broncos-peyton-manning-takes-snaps-from-manny-ramirez

You don't seem to know much about your team.

Here's another:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4383/player

Cannibal
07-29-2013, 11:58 AM

ROFL

Cannibal
07-29-2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23751073/dan-koppens-knee-injury-big-blow-denver-broncos?source=pkg

This article does state that Ramirez did work at Center during offseason workouts, prior to training camp.

But it also says he gave up 6 sacks in one on one situations last year, the highest on the team.

Manny Ramirez, who made 11 starts at right guard for Denver last year, was at center throughout offseason workouts before training camp. But when Walton was forced to have more surgery, Denver signed Koppen and he was quickly put into the starting lineup.

Ramirez, a powerful blocker in the running game, allowed six sacks in man-on-man situations last season, the highest total on the team. Many defensive coordinators in the NFL say the best way to unsettle quarterback Peyton Manning is with pressure up the middle, so any issues at center would certainly impact the Denver offense.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Except that he didn't. He didn't even take snaps at center in real practices until today's training camp session.

Furthermore, the guy has never played at center during his NFL career. He's always been a guard.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_23752789/broncos-peyton-manning-takes-snaps-from-manny-ramirez

Here's another:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4383/player

Please quote the part of that article that says that he didn't take snaps at center until today. Because, in case you didn't notice, neither article says anything of the sort.

From the OM:
TD was on NFL Network tonight, and said he called Tom Nalen for his take on Man Ram starting at center for the Broncos to begin the season.

I'm paraphrasing, but Nalen told him that it could have been a disaster but it should work itself out since he had been taking the 1st team reps all during OTA's and thus far in TC.

The line calls and continuity w/ PM is the key. He felt that the experience gained throughout OTA's and TC should be enough to carry them over until JD Walton returns.

Clough (man he is painful) just said on 104.3 that he overheard Magazu telling Smyth this morning that Manny was always going to be the starter and Koppen was brought in to be the backup.

Magazu is Denver's OL coach, by the way.

Denver Mike
07-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Salty much? No need to melt down just because your team is a circus.

A bigger circus than yours? Please

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I meant one win in the playoffs then done, but whatever.

Yeah, but one and done has never meant that.

mlyonsd
07-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah, but one and done has never meant that.
Sure it has.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 12:24 PM
You don't bring in 33 year old linemen to be backups after you lose your starting center to ankle surgery.

That's just stupid.

I'll file that under "of course that's what they are gonna say"

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Please quote the part of that article that says that he didn't take snaps at center until today. Because, in case you didn't notice, neither article says anything of the sort.

From the OM:

Magazu is Denver's OL coach, by the way.

That's because Koppen sat out the minicamps and OTA's.

What I said is that this was the first time he'd essentially taken "live" snaps at center and in no way, shape or form was he expected to be the starting center in 2013.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 12:41 PM
That's because Koppen sat out the minicamps and OTA's.

What I said is that this was the first time he'd essentially taken "live" snaps at center and in no way, shape or form was he expected to be the starting center in 2013.

The snaps up until now at TC were not "live," but the ones today were? What do you mean by live?

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 01:23 PM
The snaps up until now at TC were not "live," but the ones today were? What do you mean by live?

In pads, not shorts.

Hey, maybe Ramirez becomes a stud center but after six years in the league, the guy has been a backup for most of career and has logged only 26 starts, all at guard.

To act as if he was the starting center for 2013 is nonsense.

Here's more proof:

Manny Ramirez gets first crack at replacing Koppen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/manny-ramirez-gets-first-crack-at-replacing-koppen/

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Sure it has.

No, it has not.

-King-
07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Quick hits from <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BroncosCamp&amp;src=hash">#BroncosCamp</a>: - Scouted centers closely, none great - Knowshon Moreno best RB - Von Miller, Julius Thomas awesome</p>&mdash; MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/statuses/361918579345592322">July 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Knowshon is the best RB so far?

ptlyon
07-29-2013, 01:33 PM
No, it has not.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=one%20and%20done

-King-
07-29-2013, 01:38 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=one%20and%20done

One and done means One game PLAYED not one game WON.

I think that's how most people think of it regardless of how urban dictionary defines it.

For example: http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/13/peyton-manning-career-playoff-record-9-11-with-eight-one-and-done-postseason-trips/

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 01:39 PM
In pads, not shorts.

Hey, maybe Ramirez becomes a stud center but after six years in the league, the guy has been a backup for most of career and has logged only 26 starts, all at guard.

To act as if he was the starting center for 2013 is nonsense.

Here's more proof:

Manny Ramirez gets first crack at replacing Koppen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/manny-ramirez-gets-first-crack-at-replacing-koppen/

They were in pads Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all of which featured Ramirez playing center for the first string offense.

But maybe you should keep posting things written by guys who haven't been at TC.

-King-
07-29-2013, 01:41 PM
They were in pads Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all of which featured Ramirez playing center for the first string offense.

But maybe you should keep posting things written by guys who haven't been at TC.

They didn't wear pads for the first time until Saturday.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 01:43 PM
They didn't wear pads for the first time until Saturday.

Thanks for the clarification. Apparently that is very important to Dane.

Chief Roundup
07-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Manny Ramirez has a lot of attitude and no one wants him in baseball anymore so the donkos should......Oh wait...

GoChargers
07-29-2013, 01:48 PM
A bigger circus than yours? Please

Well, let's compare:

One team lost one of their best players because the GM couldn't operate a fax machine, another one of their best players will be missing 4 games because he couldn't stay away from the weed and ecstacy, two of their front office executives had DUI's, and their starting center just tore his ACL.

The other team is a more-or-less anonymous suck-ass team with no major controversy now that their dumbass GM and coach are gone.

I'd say the Donks are by far the bigger circus.

vailpass
07-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Losing Koppen hurts. Only good part is it happened early.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 01:53 PM
I find it interesting how the difference between "one dimensional liability against the run" and "one of our best players" was apparently a single fax.

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 01:54 PM
The fax machine was on Dumervil not us. The Broncos waited until 2 minutes before the deadline before faxing the league that they were releasing him.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Apparently that is very important to Dane.

ROFL

Wow, I guess there's quite a bit you don't understand about the NFL.

Up until this point, I thought it was just Knowmo, but maybe it's all Broncos fans.

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 01:58 PM
We went 13-3 with Manny starting 11 games last year... Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll be just fine.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
We went 13-3 with Manny starting 11 games last year... Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll be just fine.

Because playing center is exactly like playing guard

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
It'll be an adjustment for Man Ram, but I think he'll be able to handle it and do a fine job.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
ROFL

Up until this point, I thought it was just Knowmo, but maybe it's all Broncos fans.

So, do Saturday and Sunday count as live?

vailpass
07-29-2013, 02:01 PM
ROFL

Hey man! That's far from the case.

vailpass
07-29-2013, 02:02 PM
It'll be an adjustment for Man Ram, but I think he'll be able to handle it and do a fine job.

I hope so. Center is entirely different than Gaurd. Center runs the OL.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:03 PM

That's pure speculation. In six seasons (96 regular season games), he's only started 25.

At least you're being more reasonable than your Bronco brethren that claim he was the starter all along and that you'll be "just fine" because 13 games were won last year.

PS - This is 2013, not 2012.

MagicHef

LMAO

Do you think Ramirez replacing Koppen will have any effect on how this season plays out for the AFCW?

Quesadilla Joe

Manning calls the protections and Manny has been our backup center for a few years now. If you're worried about QB/center exchanges that shouldn't be a problem, Manning will make sure they rep it until Ramirez can do it in his sleep.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:05 PM
LMAO

Do you think Ramirez replacing Koppen will have any effect on how this season plays out for the AFCW?

I might.

One bad center/QB exchange could affect where your team is seeded in the playoffs (if at all), could affect the outcome of a game, etc.

Considering that Koppen is gone for the season and Walton is reportedly lost for the season, if something happens to Ramirez, the Broncos are in worse shape at center.

vailpass
07-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Manning calls the protections and Manny has been our backup center for a few years now. If you're worried about QB/center exchanges that shouldn't be a problem, Manning will make sure they rep it until Ramirez can do it in his sleep.

Having it happen early so they have time to work together is a plus. Can't deny that it's not a best case scenario though.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM

Dumb

GoChargers
07-29-2013, 02:07 PM
The fax machine was on Dumervil not us. The Broncos waited until 2 minutes before the deadline before faxing the league that they were releasing him.

Horseface waited until 8 minutes before the deadline to send the contract to begin with. He fucked up.

Horseface also tried to change the terms of the contract at the last second. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/03/15/elvis-dumervils-agent-marty-magid-rips-broncos-over-contract-screwup/1991723/) So not only is he incompetent, he's a scumbag too.

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 02:08 PM
That's pure speculation. In six seasons (96 regular season games), he's only started 25.

At least you're being more reasonable than your Bronco brethren that claim he was the starter all along and that you'll be "just fine" because 13 games were won last year.

PS - This is 2013, not 2012.

All battle plans are good until the first shot is fired.

I considered him the weakest part of our line last year. There was a noticeable difference on the right side when he was in compared to a half healthy Kuper. I do believe this though, when there is a guy like Peyton behind center, it's either perform or you won't play. Consequently I think Man Ram will step up his game even more.

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Dumb

Nice insight.

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Horseface waited until 8 minutes before the deadline to send the contract to begin with. He ****ed up.

Horseface also tried to change the terms of the contract at the last second. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/03/15/elvis-dumervils-agent-marty-magid-rips-broncos-over-contract-screwup/1991723/) So not only is he incompetent, he's a scumbag too.

Right...that's why Doom fired his agent right afterwards. No. Doom's agent fucked that up and sat on it all day.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Nice insight.

I've already provided enough for your dumbass.

Center isn't guard. Ramirez wasn't the starting center. He's started 25 games in six seasons. He's far from a sure thing.

The only sure thing in this thread is that you'll say stupid shit.

ModSocks
07-29-2013, 02:11 PM
They have Peyton Manning. They'll be fine.

Quesadilla Joe
07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Horseface waited until 8 minutes before the deadline to send the contract to begin with. He ****ed up.

You have no idea what you're talking about. First off, Elway doesn't negotiate or write up contracts, Mike Sullivan does. The Broncos submitted their final proposal early that morning and gave Elvis a deadline. Elvis didn't get back to them until an hour and a half AFTER that deadline, Elway and Fox were in a personnel meeting when Mike Sullivan came in and told them that Elvis was going to take the offer.

Ugly Duck
07-29-2013, 02:17 PM
LMAO

I read on Orangemane that since the oline coach secretly thought Ramirez was actually better than Koppen, they essentially lost their backup center when Koppen broke. Thus, because their starter should have been the backup center anyway, the Broncos actually improved when Koppen was lost for the season.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:20 PM
I read on Orangemane that since the oline coach secretly thought Ramirez was actually better than Koppen, they essentially lost their backup center when Koppen broke. Thus, because their starter should have been the backup center anyway, the Broncos actually improved when Koppen was lost for the season.

ROFL

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
The "starter" is JD Walton. Not Koppen or Man Ram

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 02:32 PM

Center isn't guard. Ramirez wasn't the starting center. He's started 25 games in six seasons. He's far from a sure thing.

No one ever said he was a sure thing. I was only pointing out how stupid lamenting the loss of C.J. Davis was.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
One and done means One game PLAYED not one game WON.

I think that's how most people think of it regardless of how urban dictionary defines it.

For example: http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/13/peyton-manning-career-playoff-record-9-11-with-eight-one-and-done-postseason-trips/

Yep. And around here, especially.

Ugly Duck
07-29-2013, 02:43 PM
The "starter" is JD Walton.

Well, that oughta learn me to reference a source without checking it....

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:46 PM
The "starter" is JD Walton. Not Koppen or Man Ram

Due to injury, Walton hasn't been the starter for nearly a year.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 02:49 PM
No one ever said he was a sure thing. I was only pointing out how stupid lamenting the loss of C.J. Davis was.

No one? Knowmo thinks Ramirez will be fine.

The bottom line is that the Broncos are on their third center in the past calendar year.

Garcia Bronco
07-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Due to injury, Walton hasn't been the starter for nearly a year.

He's still the starter bro. If he wasn't on the PUP then he'd be the number 1. Count it.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 03:09 PM
No one? Knowmo thinks Ramirez will be fine.

The bottom line is that the Broncos are on their third center in the past calendar year.

I think Ramirez will be fine, too. Am I sure of it? Of course not. However, being on an offense with talent like this one, a single below average player can be gameplanned around fairly easily.

King_Chief_Fan
07-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Bronco's have been plugging and playing players on their teams for years.

If we are expecting the center to be the team's waterloo, I don't know what to say

vailpass
07-29-2013, 03:20 PM

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Peyton Manning is like, what's an offensive line again? That thing I make look good? Oh, got it.

vailpass
07-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Peyton Manning is like, what's an offensive line again? That thing I make look good? Oh, got it.

Heh. Yep. Along with Thomas, Decker, and now Welker.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Heh. Yep. Along with Thomas, Decker, and now Welker.

If the line can protect Manning, the Broncos will likely have a very potent offense.

I don't see them winning more than eleven regular season games, but the offense, provided Monte Ball is an NFL back, should be very, very good.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 04:41 PM
If the line can protect Manning, the Broncos will likely have a very potent offense.

I don't see them winning more than eleven regular season games, but the offense, provided Monte Ball is an NFL back, should be very, very good.

How many games do you think KC will win?

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 04:44 PM

Eleventy-billion

Sorter
07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
This is a dream scenario for Poe.

Meanwhile, Dunta is like " God fucking dammit".

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 04:47 PM

I can't make a prediction yet, as I haven't seen this team on the field.

On paper, 10 wins should be their be floor but considering the offense and defense have completely changed schemes and there's been a huge roster turnover, it's really hard to predict.

I'm really excited to see their preseason games, probably the most excited since Vermeil was hired in 2001.

vailpass
07-29-2013, 04:55 PM

Can't argue with you there. 11 wins is a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing what KC does this season. Hoping the West gets competitive again.

Sorter
07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Can't argue with you there. 11 wins is a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing what KC does this season. Hoping the West gets competitive again.

It would be nice to have a competent division.

ptlyon
07-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Eleventy-billion

And then one & done? :)

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I can't make a prediction yet, as I haven't seen this team on the field.

On paper, 10 wins should be their be floor but considering the offense and defense have completely changed schemes and there's been a huge roster turnover, it's really hard to predict.

I'm really excited to see their preseason games, probably the most excited since Vermeil was hired in 2001.

What chances do you give KC to win the division?

Easy 6
07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
This is a dream scenario for Poe.

Cant Wait to see him used as more than just a space eating dancing bear, he's much too athletic and fast to be used that way... turn that guy loose to penetrate and make offenses react.

Sorter
07-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Cant Wait to see him used as more than just a space eating dancing bear, he's much too athletic and fast to be used that way... turn that guy loose to penetrate and make offenses react.

He got to in sub fronts, I just want to see it happen out of base 3-4 looks. If we can develop a pass rush on base fronts, I'll just be giddy.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 05:10 PM
What chances do you give KC to win the division?

Dude, I can't tell you until I actually see this team perform in preseason.

Easy 6
07-29-2013, 05:12 PM
If we can develop a pass rush on base fronts, I'll just be giddy.

Amen and pass the mustard

Sorter
07-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Amen and pass the mustard

Will dijon suffice?

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 05:13 PM

The Broncos have a tough schedule. Whereas the Chiefs have the Browns and Bills, the Broncos have the Ravens and the Patriots. It's also unlikely they go 6-0 in the division again.

They're going to be a good team. Maybe even a very, very good team. But anything over 12 wins and you're just benefiting from the bad luck of other teams and a shit division.

Easy 6
07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Will dijon suffice?

Indeed it will

vailpass
07-29-2013, 05:27 PM
The Broncos have a tough schedule. Whereas the Chiefs have the Browns and Bills, the Broncos have the Ravens and the Patriots. It's also unlikely they go 6-0 in the division again.

They're going to be a good team. Maybe even a very, very good team. But anything over 12 wins and you're just benefiting from the bad luck of other teams and a shit division.

Again, can't argue with you there. I'm ready for some football. Problem I see for KC is the receiving corp but we'll see what Reid/Smith can do.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Again, can't argue with you there. I'm ready for some football. Problem I see for KC is the receiving corp but we'll see what Reid/Smith can do.

Not much after Bowe, but Avery caught 60 last season.

vailpass
07-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Not much after Bowe, but Avery caught 60 last season.

New regime, New QB. I expect Charles and even McCluster to figure into your passing game now.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Dane, the Chiefs have far too many question marks to have a 10 win floor.

Sorry, but that's just not realistic IMO.

Time will tell, though.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-29-2013, 06:41 PM
I think Dane is spot on Boss. Everyone with a brain knows that not taking care of the football led to the 2 win total last season. They'll be much better than that and with the emphasis on creating pressure on defense, they should force alot more as well. Turning around the turnover differential is the surest way to turning a season around. The Top like 8 teams in the NFC in plus minus had winning records.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 06:55 PM
I think Dane is spot on Boss. Everyone with a brain knows that not taking care of the football led to the 2 win total last season. They'll be much better than that and with the emphasis on creating pressure on defense, they should force alot more as well. Turning around the turnover differential is the surest way to turning a season around. The Top like 8 teams in the NFC in plus minus had winning records.
People keep forgetting about all of the turnovers last year. I'm still in wait and see mode, but this team just has to be betting. A lot better.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm expecting a quality team this year. I'll be disappointed with anything less given the coaching hires and players they acquired.

O.city
07-29-2013, 07:02 PM
There's just so many "ifs" this year.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-29-2013, 07:02 PM

It's the NFL, not Madden. That's just how the league is.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 07:14 PM

No, there isn't.

The Chiefs have less questions than about 20 teams in the league.

They're not top tier, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be in every game and get ten wins.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 07:23 PM
It wasn't just turnovers, though.

CB2 couldn't cover anyone and it's absolutely possible that we didn't upgrade much (if at all) at that spot.
Eric Berry continues to struggle in coverage
Our depth at linebacker isn't very good.
Dante Robinson got burnt all year last year (even Dexter McCluster beat him a bunch of times) and he is penciled in to play a lot of time.
Our wide receivers (outside of Bowe) arent especially good.
Our offensive line will have at least 2 new starters
Outside of Charles, our running backs are somewhat suspect
Andy Reid is a pass first coach that wants to throw the ball 600+ times and we traded for a QB that hasn't ever thrown more than 445 passes in a season and has a total of 81 passing touchdowns in 75 career starts.
Our defensive line isn't a bunch of attacking guys, they are run stoppers that don't move especially well (outside of Poe) and the position group as a whole is in discussion for weakest unit on the team.

Outside of the personnel question marks, we are installing a brand new offense and defense, blocking schemes, philosophies and are basically starting from scratch on both sides of the ball.

I know that limiting turnovers will cure a lot of this teams problems, but there are just too many things that need to fall into place for this team to be branded "10 win floor" just yet.

BigMeatballDave
07-29-2013, 07:25 PM
No, there isn't.

The Chiefs have less questions than about 20 teams in the league.

They're not top tier, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be in every game and get ten wins.

HOMER DANE!

:)

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
I know that limiting turnovers will cure a lot of this teams problems, but there are just too many things that need to fall into place for this team to be branded "10 win floor" just yet.

Agree to disagree.

If this team can't beat the Brown, Jags, Bills, plus the Raiders and Chargers at least once, then you might be right.

But that's five wins, right there. The Eagles certainly don't scare anyone nor do the Titans.

So if they win those seven games (which I think is likely), all they need is three more wins.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 07:43 PM
HOMER DANE!

:)

Fuck being a "homer". It's about the coaching staff, players and logic.

Cannibal
07-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I predicted 11 wins after the Reid hire, free agency and draft. I'm sticking with that. The team was overall pretty good in terms of talent, but had dreadful coaching, offensive play calling and QB play. They've made drastic improvements in all three areas this off season. It's not a homer view, it's a logical view.

MMXcalibur
07-29-2013, 08:17 PM
If John Elway widened his buttcheeks and took a big, steamy dump on Knowmo's dinner plate, he would proclaim that it had a "nutty" aftertaste, clean his plate, and ask for seconds.

DJ's left nut
07-29-2013, 08:54 PM

The Broncos fans I know IRL were ecstatic to be getting Ramirez off the field in favor of Vasquez.

All of the sudden he's going to step in and replace a guy that's started from day 1 in the NFL and has been the leader of SB winning O-lines. Now they're acting like he's been a boss all along.

Koppens a big time loss.

Not against us, mind you (as this team can't generate an interior rush to save its life), but it could very easily cost them a game along the way.

Chief Roundup
07-29-2013, 08:55 PM

If Alex is better than Cassel. If Fisher is better than Winston. If Reid is better than Crennel. If Dorsey is better than Pioli. I would say all of those ifs went in a positive direction.

petegz28
07-29-2013, 09:04 PM
If Alex is better than Cassel. If Fisher is better than Winston. If Reid is better than Crennel. If Dorsey is better than Pioli. I would say all of those ifs went in a positive direction.

The only ? there is Fish. Then again he can't be worse than Winston. And we now have a QB that doesn't shit his pants at the first sign of a possible pass rush.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
The Broncos fans I know IRL were ecstatic to be getting Ramirez off the field in favor of Vasquez.

All of the sudden he's going to step in and replace a guy that's started from day 1 in the NFL and has been the leader of SB winning O-lines. Now they're acting like he's been a boss all along.

Koppens a big time loss.

Not against us, mind you (as this team can't generate an interior rush to save its life), but it could very easily cost them a game along the way.

Yeah, especially since we gave up so much to get Koppen.

No, wait. The Patriots cut him. They must be out of their minds to cut "a guy that's started from day 1 in the NFL and has been the leader of SB winning O-lines."

BossChief
07-29-2013, 09:13 PM
The only ? there is Fish. Then again he can't be worse than Winston. And we now have a QB that doesn't shit his pants at the first sign of a possible pass rush.

Can't be worse than Winston?

Haha. Winston is a top 5 right tackle in this league when healthy. Let's not shit on the guy just yet.

We don't have a QB that shits his pants under pressure?

WHAT?

Alex Smith is one of the most sacked quarterbacks in the NFL in attempts per sack.

If not, the worst.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah, especially since we gave up so much to get Koppen.

No, wait. The Patriots cut him. They must be out of their minds to cut "a guy that's started from day 1 in the NFL and has been the leader of SB winning O-lines."

Who cares what you gave up to get him? How is that relevant?

It's a big loss because the dropoff from him (and JD Walton) to Manny Ramirez is pretty sizable.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Who cares what you gave up to get him? How is that relevant?

It's a big loss because the dropoff from him (and JD Walton) to Manny Ramirez is pretty sizable.

Yeah, that wasn't the point. The point is that there's a reason he got cut from the Pats and was going to retire. The reason is that he's old and not as good as he used to be.

In the end, Ramirez & Vasquez is better than Koppen & Ramirez.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 09:38 PM
How about Koppen and Vasquez?

Cmon.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 09:41 PM
In the end, Ramirez & Vasquez is better than Koppen & Ramirez.

Complete speculation.

You're telling us that plugging in a guard that's started for a mere 25 games (out of 96 eligible) is better than a former All Pro, two time winning Super Bowl winning center?

Seriously?

DJ's left nut
07-29-2013, 09:49 PM

Cmon.

Slow down, you'll give him a headache.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 09:53 PM

Cmon.

Of course that would be preferable. Better yet would be Walton and Vasquez, which may be an option later, for the actual important games.

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Complete speculation.

You're telling us that plugging in a guard that's started for a mere 25 games (out of 96 eligible) is better than a former All Pro, two time winning Super Bowl winning center?

Seriously?

No.

Try reading it again, it's not that hard.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 09:55 PM
As I have ESPN going in the background, they are discussing which injury is the biggest loss to their team on PTI

Maclin to eagles
Pitta to Baltimore
Koppen to Denver

They both said Koppen.

Another point I'd like to make is that as far as Vegas goes, apart from losing your quarterback the one position that sways the point spreads the most...

Center

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 09:57 PM
As I have ESPN going in the background, they are discussing which injury is the biggest loss to their team on PTI

Maclin to eagles
Pitta to Baltimore
Koppen to Denver

They both said Koppen.

Another point I'd like to make is that as far as Vegas goes, apart from losing your quarterback the one position that sways the point spreads the most...

Center

Link?

About the Vegas thing, not the ESPN thing.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 09:58 PM
No.

Try reading it again, it's not that hard.

Yeah, and it's complete speculation.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Link?

About the Vegas thing, not the ESPN thing.

Hey BossChief, link us to an ESPN broadcast going on in your background.

ROFL

Is it the altitude that makes you dumb?

MagicHef
07-29-2013, 10:03 PM

ROFL

You seem to have a really difficult time reading my posts.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 10:06 PM
It is something that Colin Cowherd points out every week during the season.

You can probably listen to Colin Cowherds show from oct 19, 2012 for an in depth breakdown of how Vegas rates positions in order of importance in relation to point spreads.

BossChief
07-29-2013, 10:07 PM

ROFL

Actually, he was pretty clear about what part of my post he wanted to read up on.