PDA

View Full Version : Royals sit tight.

Brianfo
07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
You have put your team together Mr Dayton Moore and i have been critical, but they are coming to life. Let them play and don't do anything stupid.

In58men
07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Dodgers >

Bambi
07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm all in. I'm fucking in!

Dave Lane
07-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Man I hope they can keep things interesting till at least Sept for the first time in years.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
SO STOKED GMDM is going to stand pat tomorrow

BlackHelicopters
07-31-2013, 06:57 AM
GMDM= smart.

mdchiefsfan
07-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Man, no offense guys, but I was hoping we could snag Santana from you.

Best of luck in the season. I would love to see an Orioles-Royals WC game.

HemiEd
07-31-2013, 07:04 AM
Baseball is fun again! It has been a very long time.

CoMoChief
07-31-2013, 07:16 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xir_ynJWsH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Three7s
07-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Dodgers >
Hope you enjoy your current hot streak, won't last forever.

alnorth
07-31-2013, 07:25 AM
Looks like everyone's job has probably been saved for one more year. I don't think GMDM or Yost are going anywhere this off-season.

At this point, I think the Royals would have to be REALLY God-awful the last two months for that to change.

ChiTown
07-31-2013, 07:31 AM
Looks like everyone's job has probably been saved for one more year. I don't think GMDM or Yost are going anywhere this off-season.

At this point, I think the Royals would have to be REALLY God-awful the last two months for that to change.

Not unprecedented in this Organization, but I agree.

I would really love to see us pick up another bat/2B, and get Duffy back into the rotation. That would make me feel a little better about maintaining our opportunity to grab a spot in the playoffs.

blaise
07-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Dodgers >

There's probably a Dodgers board for you then.

Dayze
07-31-2013, 07:40 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/618478/major-league-theyre-shitty_medium.jpg

duncan_idaho
07-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Man, no offense guys, but I was hoping we could snag Santana from you.

Best of luck in the season. I would love to see an Orioles-Royals WC game.

I wouldn't. Jim Johnson would clearly own all KC souls and we would have no chance.

tredadda
07-31-2013, 08:04 AM

Never underestimate this team's ability to go on an epic losing streak.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2013, 08:09 AM
need to do something at 2nd base

surely we can do something without selling the Season

has Hoch raised his stock enough to be worth something?

Prison Bitch
07-31-2013, 08:09 AM
Sweet new thread.

tredadda
07-31-2013, 08:12 AM

I think it has for someone looking for a middle reliever. If they are looking for a starter then no he hasn't.

mdchiefsfan
07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't. Jim Johnson would clearly own all KC souls and we would have no chance.

LMAO Is there something I am missing here. Like a background to this Jim Johnson stuff? I saw this in the game threads too. My roommate and I have one for a Royals player actually.

Billy Butler, he hit Brad Bergesen with a liner up the middle a few years back. He was our best pitcher at the time and looked to have real potential. He was out the rest of the year after that. Bergesen came back, well the shell of Bergesen came back the following year. I haven't seen him since that fateful day that he was hit by a batted ball.

So to this day, we refer to him as God Damn-Billy Butler.

Ace Gunner
07-31-2013, 08:19 AM
royal fuck planet

duncan_idaho
07-31-2013, 08:26 AM
LMAO Is there something I am missing here. Like a background to this Jim Johnson stuff? I saw this in the game threads too. My roommate and I have one for a Royals player actually.

Billy Butler, he hit Brad Bergesen with a liner up the middle a few years back. He was our best pitcher at the time and looked to have real potential. He was out the rest of the year after that. Bergesen came back, well the shell of Bergesen came back the following year. I haven't seen him since that fateful day that he was hit by a batted ball.

So to this day, we refer to him as God Damn-Billy Butler.

It stems from ChiefsandOs fan saying earlier this year that Johnson was an elite closer on par with Rivera, Kimbrel etc. and clearly better than Greg Holland.

Antagonism with O's fans goes back farther than that, though...

It's really started based on stuff that happened over the offseason, when Orioles fans were making stupid trade offers (on this board and especially on others) about Billy Butler and Wil Myers.

At one point, someone was trying to peddle Arrieta OR Matusz (not both, just one), Xavier Avery, Pedro Strop for Butler.

Old Dog
07-31-2013, 08:28 AM
LMAO Is there something I am missing here.
Nutshell version:
Twitter Troll has essentially said that Johnson is like Gods gift to baseball after his 2012 season, and folks here like to laugh at him....it's easy picking on the slow kid.

Prison Bitch
07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Exactly as Duncan described. Os fans toss out the stupidest trade ideas on the planet and even the Cards fans remember when they did it with Pujols. "STL needs to get younger! And we have like 8 guys we can trade for just 1. They'd be dumb not to take our offer." Crap like that.

Then they were aghast Tampa got Wil for someone as crappy as James "200 IP & 200 K every year" Shields. Surely they could've give us 3-4 pitchers (who suck hairy ball sacks) to beat that deal?

BlackHelicopters
07-31-2013, 08:31 AM
MOAR pictures Of Getzy's wife please.

Coach
07-31-2013, 08:31 AM
There's only one thing left to do. Win the whole fucking thing.

mdchiefsfan
07-31-2013, 08:32 AM
It stems from ChiefsandOs fan saying earlier this year that Johnson was an elite closer on par with Rivera, Kimbrel etc. and clearly better than Greg Holland.

Antagonism with O's fans goes back farther than that, though...

It's really started based on stuff that happened over the offseason, when Orioles fans were making stupid trade offers (on this board and especially on others) about Billy Butler and Wil Myers.

At one point, someone was trying to peddle Arrieta OR Matusz (not both, just one), Xavier Avery, Pedro Strop for Butler.

:eek: I'll take it!!

tyton75
07-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Not to rain on the parade, but we need to get a stick at 2nd base and maybe even a thumper rotational guy for Right field to even have a shot at making the playoffs. Our pitching staff can't stay on this hot streak for the rest of the season.

mdchiefsfan
07-31-2013, 08:40 AM

We'll trade you Ryan Flaherty for Billy Butler straight up. Am I doing this right?

mr. tegu
07-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Not to rain on the parade, but we need to get a stick at 2nd base and maybe even a thumper rotational guy for Right field to even have a shot at making the playoffs. Our pitching staff can't stay on this hot streak for the rest of the season.

We don't need to trade for RF right now. And are you referring to the hot streak the pitching staff has been on all season?

alnorth
07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Never underestimate this team's ability to go on an epic losing streak.

Oddly, if the Royals had just sort of muddled along all year and coasted to 75 wins, I think GMDM probably would have been allowed to see 2014 through, but now they have done just well enough, and gotten Royals fans to care just enough in August, that if they were to now just inexplicably fall apart and look terrible in September, then he might see a lot of heat.

Rams Fan
07-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Dodgers >

Colletti is a fucking joke.

mr. tegu
07-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Exactly as Duncan described. Os fans toss out the stupidest trade ideas on the planet and even the Cards fans remember when they did it with Pujols. "STL needs to get younger! And we have like 8 guys we can trade for just 1. They'd be dumb not to take our offer." Crap like that.

Then they were aghast Tampa got Wil for someone as crappy as James "200 IP & 200 K every year" Shields. Surely they could've give us 3-4 pitchers (who suck hairy ball sacks) to beat that deal?

I just saw this on ESPNs chat board monitoring the trade deadline from an Os fan. Dyland Bundy and a low profile prospect for Stanton and Jose Fernandez.

Both writers pretty much laughed him off.

HoneyBadger
07-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Colletti is a ****ing joke.

He's put together a pretty good team.