PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who's going to backup Jamaal Charles???

CoMoChief
08-02-2013, 02:48 PM
What happens if Charles gets hurt? Or how about just subbing in for him to give him some breathers. Certainly Reid isn't going to pull a Herm and run JC into the ground like Herm did to LJ.

What if Kniles Davis continues to struggle with holding onto the football?

He won't be subbed into games if that shit keeps up, no matter how much talent he potentially has. You simply can not turn the ball over in the NFL and win consistently in the NFL.

Reid won 't put up with that shit man. Who's going to sub in for Charles? Draughn and Gray gonna be able to hit the ground running?

Sorter
08-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Cyrus.

He fucked up those guys in a trailer park up north a few times.

ModSocks
08-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Draughn & the rook

O.city
08-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Um, Davis has had a really good camp so far and IIRC has fumbled 2?

Sorter
08-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Draughn & the rook

Draughn is gross.

:)

Messier
08-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Reid will put up with it if he thinks he'll improve. He has. Davis is the top back behind Charles.

CoMoChief
08-02-2013, 02:58 PM

He runs upright and with the ball exposed. Everyone tries to strip you in the NFL. It's gonna be a problem if it doesn't change.

O.city
08-02-2013, 03:00 PM
AD runs upright as well. Thats not really a problem.

Ball security can be taught.

He's more in the mold of DeMarco Murray anyway. He's not going to be running guys over, he's a speed back in a power backs body.

Dante84
08-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Davis is going to beast.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tV6hW2ggiO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus
08-02-2013, 03:06 PM
What if Bowe breaks his neck and DJ has a foot amputated?

Sorce
08-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Cyrus.

He ****ed up those guys in a trailer park up north a few times.

:clap:

BlackHelicopters
08-02-2013, 03:08 PM
What if Bowe breaks his neck and DJ has a foot amputated?

The sky is falling

WhawhaWhat
08-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Knile Davis

9er guy
08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Whoever he is, he better be solid. Cause Smitty's not shy about checking to the run.

FlaChief58
08-02-2013, 03:16 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gC637PdFwg8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief_For_Life58
08-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Cyrus the virus

RealSNR
08-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Reid has never had a problem before with sacrificing occasional fumbles for outstanding production. I suppose that compromise will get reached occasionally if your starting RBs are as shitty as Duce Staley and Correll Buckhalter

You can probably count on Davis getting the carries if Charles is out.

If not, I've been dying to set loose Cyrus 50 Shades of motherfucking Gray

MMXcalibur
08-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Davis is going to beast.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tV6hW2ggiO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hate how every highlight package needs to come packaged with shitty music.

Easy 6
08-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm fine with either guy, but would give the edge to Gray just because he's a year older and wiser... i'm just thrilled that we have reeeally speedy corp back there, all of them are 4.4 or better.

If the line can open some holes, we're going to gouge peoples eyes out.

mikey23545
08-02-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm fine with either guy, but would give the edge to Gray just because he's a year older and wiser... i'm just thrilled that we have reeeally speedy corp back there, all of them are 4.4 or better.

If the line can open some holes, we're going to gouge peoples eyes out.

I hope we're not going to be licking their eyes out...

-King-
08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Charles > Davis > Draughn > Gray

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Replacing Tomas Jones's replacement Peyton Hillis?
How about a bread box with a broken lid?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-02-2013, 05:35 PM
The RB depth is not something to be concerned about. I'm really hopng Davis gives us that Return game threat under the Bears old ST coach that we can rely on.

Red Dawg
08-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Davis is going to beast.

Yes he is. Our game will no drop when he spells out JC.

milkman
08-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Charles > Davis > Draughn > Gray

Cyrus Gray has outstanding vision and patience.
I can not comment on Davis, but I would not be at all surprised, given Gray's talent, if he comes out of the preseason as the #2 back.

Rasputin
08-03-2013, 10:30 AM

That can't be true. Kniles said he will never ever fumble again.

Hoover
08-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Davis is the perfect backup for Charles.

Now its not like when LJ backed up Priest, but I think he's the most promising backup we have had in quite a while.

Rausch
08-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Davis is the perfect backup for Charles.

Now its not like when LJ backed up Priest, but I think he's the most promising backup we have had in quite a while.

Charles
Grey
Davis...

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2013, 11:11 AM
What is Priest up to nowadays....

Rasputin
08-03-2013, 11:12 AM
What is Priest up to nowadays....

Eating Nachos.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Eating Nachos.

That was in the ballpark I was looking for, but not creative enough ;) Can I give half a rep?

Rasputin
08-03-2013, 11:57 AM
He is home eating nacho and cheese that the midgets bring him.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2013, 11:59 AM
He is home eating nacho and cheese.

I would have accepted:

Headspokesman for Macho Nachos.
Swimming in a vault full of nacho cheese sauce.
Running face first into a nacho tree.

Rasputin
08-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Ok he is down by the pool wearing a Casual Pouch eating Nacho Cheese that a midget wearing a Casual Pouch brought him.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Ok he is down by the pool wearing a Casual Pouch eating Nacho Cheese that a midget wearing a Casual Pouch brought him.

OK, Casual Pouch is fucking gold....so much to Hootie's delight...rep

He COULD have been swimming in a pool of nacho cheese sauce though. Yeah, that's the ticket.

jspchief
08-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Imo draughn is going to be hard to shake from the #2 spot. The guy runs hard south. Reminds me of law firm.

Don't think he'll ever be great, but is consistent/reliable enough to stick around.

-King-
08-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Cyrus Gray has outstanding vision and patience.
I can not comment on Davis, but I would not be at all surprised, given Gray's talent, if he comes out of the preseason as the #2 back.

I would. He hasn't done anything since he was drafted. He may have been good in college, but that hasn't translated to the pros. He got injured last year and couldn't do anything. And from what I'm seeing from the TC reports, Draughn is getting more reps and impressing more than he is.

-King-
08-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Imo draughn is going to be hard to shake from the #2 spot. The guy runs hard south. Reminds me of law firm.

Don't think he'll ever be great, but is consistent/reliable enough to stick around.

Pretty sure Davis has the #2 spot locked up by now. He's getting more reps with the 1s than everybody other than Charles.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Heres a good article that explains some things concerning the RB 's

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chasing-Down-the-Kansas-City-Chiefs-RBs/58e677bc-c9d4-46e8-ac9d-91347d35ec70

Chasing Down the Kansas City Chiefs RBs

KCChiefs.com

Email @KCChiefs_Reid
aaJamaal Charles, Anthony Sherman and Shaun Draughn discuss the teams RBs

As the sun has now set on a beautiful evening in St. Joe, the Kansas City Chiefs are soon to call it a night as well, but not before having the option for a team snack in the cafeteria. Likely taking part in an extra fueling session for tomorrow morning's practice is the Chiefs RBs group, coached by Eric Bieniemy.

Following Friday's practice, I watched coach Bieniemy leading his guys in some blocking drills, using the sled. Rep after rep, from last year's leading rusher Jamaal Charles to rookies Knile Davis, Braden Wilson, Toben Opurum and Jordan Roberts, as well as Anthony Sherman and Shaun Draughn, each back, regardless of fatigue, began and finished the drill strong, because of their leader, Bieniemy.

"He means a lot," Charles said of Bieniemy.

"He's been around the game a long time; he's been around great players before and we take a lot from his knowledge of the game and he wants the best for us. I know he's a good dude and has a good heart. He wants us to go out there and play and give it everything we've got, every time we step on the field."

Also in the RBs group is Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman, who from the day he arrived via trade with the Arizona Cardinals, has fit right in.

"I love this group of running backs," Sherman said. "We're a close-knit family; we hang out, goof around and we're around each other 24-7, so, you have to be brothers."

Sherman also shared what enjoys most about one of the backs he blocks for, Jamaal Charles.

"He's a great running back," Sherman said. "He's got great vision and speed. He knows where the hole is going to be and he makes you look better as a blocker, because he sets up your blocks."

Many have asked about Chiefs RB Shaun Draughn, who stepped in admirably last season and looks to have an even greater impact in 2013. Draughn looked strong again today, continuing his strong camp campaign.

"Hey man, I feel great," Draughn said. "When people saw me for the first time at camp, they were like, 'You look a lot looser than what you were.'"

I second exactly what others observed about Draughn.

He's looked very fluid, in all aspects of his game, running, blocking and receiving, hitting the holes within a blink and making explosive moves laterally.

The former Tar Heel described what role the Chiefs RBs play in coach Reid's offense.

"Receiver, lineman, tight end, runner, everything," Draughn said. "That's really the reality of it; we do everything on the field. It's like were not just running backs, we're receivers and blockers at the same time."

Pro Bowler Jamaal Charles agreed.

"We all can play different positions," Charles said. "So, every time we get the call, we have to make a play."

That's exactly what coach Bienemy is expecting, from the entire group, including RB Cyrus Gray, who is anxious to return to the field after recovering from what coach Reid described as "foot soreness".

Easy 6
08-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Once all of these new guys gel, i think this offense is going to be much more explosive than many people think...

Capable quarterback

A great corp of backs

Solid corp of tight ends

A pro bowl receiver and a few other decent pieces, with the possibility of picking up another guy after the cuts.