PDA

View Full Version : Football Eagles WR Arrelious Benn tears ACL, out 2013

Mr. Laz
08-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Eagles WR Arrelious Benn tears ACL
Aug
8/6/2013 8:09:05 PM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore
Wide receiver Arrelious Benn tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Benn is the third Eagles player to suffered a season-ending ACL injury this training camp. All three injuries -- wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and linebacker Jason Phillips went down first -- occurred on the same field at the Eagles practice facility.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

L.A. Chieffan
08-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Riley Cooper 1 WR

beach tribe
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Man, its like our 2011 disease infected the rest of the NFL.
Please let us stay major injury free.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with the speed of Chip Kelly's practices?

Kiimo
08-06-2013, 07:30 PM
DeSean has to be running around practice like his helmet is made out of nitroglycerine at this point.

beach tribe
08-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Someone needs to invent an awesome knee brace and get mega rich.
It has to be possible...
Batman had one...

Setsuna
08-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Riley better not come back. They better stick to their guns with this. Call Ochocinco and Terrell Owens.

tk13
08-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Chip Kelly - Destroyer of knee ligaments.

Frazod
08-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Better you than me.

http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/fmj3.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2013, 07:36 PM

I've never watched TC footage, so I don't know how hard they go. I don't think it has anything to do with the rapidity of the practice. The only possibility might be if they are cutting harder than they normally do during practice, but I have a hard time believing that NFL players like Benn who are not guaranteed a roster spot wouldn't be busting their ass on every play in TC.

Titty Meat
08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Riley better not come back. They better stick to their guns with this. Call Ochocinco and Terrell Owens.

He already is back dumbass keep up

Sassy Squatch
08-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Brandon Lloyd is available gais. Don't !worry.

Mr. Laz
08-06-2013, 07:40 PM

:doh!:

dumbass

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I've never watched TC footage, so I don't know how hard they go. I don't think it has anything to do with the rapidity of the practice. The only possibility might be if they are cutting harder than they normally do during practice, but I have a hard time believing that NFL players like Benn who are not guaranteed a roster spot wouldn't be busting their ass on every play in TC.

Admittedly, I know very little about ligament damage. I just find it to be an odd coincidence that everyone is raving about the speed of Kelly's practices and they just lost their second receiver in a week to a torn ACL.

Hypothetically, maybe it's easier to run that type of practice with young kids as opposed to NFL veterans with far more wear on the bodies.

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2013, 07:48 PM

:facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Admittedly, I know very little about ligament damage. I just find it to be an odd coincidence that everyone is raving about the speed of Kelly's practices and they just lost their second receiver in a week to a torn ACL.

Hypothetically, maybe it's easier to run that type of practice with young kids as opposed to NFL veterans with far more wear on the bodies.

ACL tears usually occur as a result of sharp, sudden trauma. It's rarely an overuse injury like a pitcher blowing out his UCL (Tommy John ligament). It could merely be a small sample size fluke.

Honestly, if the speed of his practices were the real issue you'd likely be seeing more issues with muscle pulls and strains. It could be the practice field itself.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-06-2013, 07:50 PM

You do know he's back already right?

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2013, 07:51 PM
ACL tears usually occur as a result of sharp, sudden trauma. It's rarely an overuse injury like a pitcher blowing out his UCL (Tommy John ligament). It could merely be a small sample size fluke.

Honestly, if the speed of his practices were the real issue you'd likely be seeing more issues with muscle pulls and strains. It could be the practice field itself.

Thanks!

Dylan
08-06-2013, 07:52 PM
He already is back dumbass keep up

:D

O.city
08-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm wondering if we will eventually find that this new field turf is causing some problems with these tears.

No idea if the were in real turf on this, just bringing itnup

Setsuna
08-06-2013, 07:55 PM
You do know he's back already right?

I did not. With all the outcry I thought it would be longer. I guess it's business as usual.

Ace Gunner
08-06-2013, 07:57 PM
aww, that's too bad (rubs hands together)

Ceej
08-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Quality work by Setsuna in this thread.

Quality man.

beach tribe
08-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Quality work by Setsuna in this thread.

Quality man.

Some people just ALWAYS bring it.

Setsuna
08-06-2013, 08:44 PM
:D

I still got no response from you in that other thread.

Consistent1
08-06-2013, 08:51 PM
I did not. With all the outcry I thought it would be longer. I guess it's business as usual.

I am not a racist. Do not agree with what he said. But did Cooper honestly do anything serious?

Buehler445
08-06-2013, 08:53 PM

It is most certainly going to be discussed ad nauseam. I certainly don't know for sure. I'm no Kinesiologist, but I doubt it. Muscle pulls, tendinitis, etc, yes. Ligament tears, probably not.

If they're hitting this early and nobody else is, it might be a different story.

To be fair, Benn is 24. One year older than a RS Freshman.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2013, 08:54 PM
You do know it's Clayton Bigsby, right? Fuck, that's annoying.

BossChief
08-06-2013, 08:54 PM
That Philly game is going from toss up to likely win in my book.

Setsuna
08-06-2013, 08:55 PM
I am not a racist. Do not agree with what he said. But did Cooper honestly do anything serious?

No. I personally said I didn't care. I was going off how the media reacted to it.

Carlota69
08-06-2013, 09:48 PM

I'm thinking that's it. I know something about torn ligaments, and age, wear and tear may have a lot to do with it. Just speculating, but you may have hit the nail n the head.

Carlota69
08-06-2013, 09:52 PM

That's true, but if you are older and have put a lot of miles on your knees, your ACL could be weak, then add all the sharp and sudden moves with extra sauce like Kelly is using, it could be why. But then again, it could just be coincidence. I tore my ACL in October, and I look at it like I wish I wasn't doing what I was doing when it happened, but my doctor told me it may have happened anyways because I was super active and it's possible it was weak from all the action?
Who knows, but there are a lot of ACL tears this year. Seemingly more than usual, or maybe I'm just more aware lol

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-06-2013, 09:56 PM
That's true, but if you are older and have put a lot of miles on your knees, your ACL could be weak, then add all the sharp and sudden moves with extra sauce like Kelly is using, it could be why. But then again, it could just be coincidence. I tore my ACL in October, and I look at it like I wish I wasn't doing what I was doing when it happened, but my doctor told me it may have happened anyways because I was super active and it's possible it was weak from all the action?
Who knows, but there are a lot of ACL tears this year. Seemingly more than usual, or maybe I'm just more aware lol

Benn and Maclin are 24 and 25 respectively.

BossChief
08-06-2013, 09:57 PM
The receivers they lost in Philly are just kids. They arent old at all.

Edit: dammit Hamas

MotherfuckerJones
08-06-2013, 10:01 PM

Why is that?

DaneMcCloud
08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Why is that?

Because Setsuna is a dumbass

MotherfuckerJones
08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Because Setsuna is a dumbass

ROFL

Carlota69
08-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Benn and Maclin are 24 and 25 respectively.

Fair enough. Maybe it's the field.

Skyy God
08-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Danario Alexander also out with an ACL tear....

AussieChiefsFan
08-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Well those up-tempo practices seem to be workin' for ya Chip.

Al Bundy
08-07-2013, 04:12 AM

Benn was injury prone in Tampa Bay, that's why we traded him for nothing.

Chiefs=Champions
08-07-2013, 04:30 AM
I would suggest that a combination of the field plus fast tempo wouldn't have helped. It may not have been the cause of the actual tears, but surely the added stress would have contributed.

BlackHelicopters
08-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Ban ACL's

Carlota69
08-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Ban ACL's

I can get behind that cause.

MotherfuckerJones
08-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Fuck ya ban those lol

kepp
08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Danario Alexander also out with an ACL tear....

Wow, if there was ever a perfect example of "that guy just can't catch a break", it's him.

notorious
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow, if there was ever a perfect example of "that guy just can't catch a break", it's him.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbCPXLGjTifTVhL8eWZIKaKjpWH0DcIZUEBGPDdkcnbcG0VJ1Jkg

Halfcan
08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Man, its like our 2011 disease infected the rest of the NFL.
Please let us stay major injury free.

:clap:

DJ's left nut
08-07-2013, 10:11 AM
That Philly game is going from toss up to likely win in my book.

If this is a playoff team, that's been a W all along.

Hell, if it's a .500 team, they probably need to win that game.

I still think Dallas tells the tale - win that game and we're off to the races. Now quick, somebody tell me why we can't win that game.

beach tribe
08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
If this is a playoff team, that's been a W all along.

Hell, if it's a .500 team, they probably need to win that game.

I still think Dallas tells the tale - win that game and we're off to the races. Now quick, somebody tell me why we can't win that game.

BEECUZ THEY GOTS TEH ROMOS

Omaha
08-07-2013, 01:28 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.