PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pro Football Focus...now with preseason ratings!

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
This should be a fun month. o:-)

Sterling Moore SUX!

http://i.imgur.com/18JZLpI.jpg

Can't wait to get the reports on our 6th string scrubs.

There will be outrage if anyone with a positive rating is cut. Outrage!

The Bad Guy
08-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Yay. More amateur analysis.

tecumseh
08-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Check it owwtt.

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2013, 03:29 PM

NFL teams subscribe to them, the Broncos are one of those teams.

AustinChief
08-08-2013, 03:31 PM
NFL teams subscribe to them, the Broncos are one of those teams.

They subscribe for the snap counts and other stats that a monkey could keep track of. Not for anything close to analysis. Unless they are morons.. wait, the Broncos.. ok yeah never mind. Seriously though, would you trust some random kid's "interpretation" of a play if you were an NFL coach? Because to work for them there are no requirements that you know shit about football.

LoneWolf
08-08-2013, 04:12 PM
They subscribe for the snap counts and other stats that a monkey could keep track of. Not for anything close to analysis. Unless they are morons.. wait, the Broncos.. ok yeah never mind. Seriously though, would you trust some random kid's "interpretation" of a play if you were an NFL coach? Because to work for them there are no requirements that you know shit about football.

Look, everybody. Somebody who gets it.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2013, 04:25 PM

I think having a non-biased grading site like PFF could be useful to teams. And why would a team subscribe to PFF when they have access to Stats Inc and have people in their own building jotting down snap counts? I think they agree with PFF's grades for the most part.

And it takes a lot of time and dedication to work for PFF, Direkshun was considering applying for a job with them before he realised how much time he would have to give up to do it.

Their grades can't be that far off when the DPOY has the highest grade on the site.

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2013, 04:27 PM
And look at the contracts... a lot of people don't know who Rashod Jones is but he just got a $30M extension and is the 3rd highest rated safety on PFF

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
And look at the contracts... a lot of people don't know who Rashod Jones is but he just got a $30M extension and is the 3rd highest rated safety on PFF

PFF really knows their shit.

I'm proud to be a member.

Deberg_1990
08-08-2013, 04:31 PM

Your probably one of the idiots who grades players.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I think having a non-biased grading site like PFF could be useful to teams. And why would a team subscribe to PFF when they have access to Stats Inc and have people in their own building jotting down snap counts? I think they agree with PFF's grades for the most part. And it takes a lot of time and dedication to work for PFF, Direkshun was considering applying for a job with them before he realised how much time he would have to give up to fo it.

Their grades can't be that far off when the DPOY has the highest grade on the site.

Stats inc doesn't (or at least didn't) count every snap that every player was on the field for. PFF was the first to do that. Of course a monkey can do that. That is exactly the kind of shit they ARE good for and worthwhile to NFL teams.

And sorry but you obviously don't have a clue how PFF works. I may be wrong on how they currently run things but just a few years ago it was a handful of guys, many who knew very little about football, watching a set number of games and basically guessing at certain "stats." There was ZERO oversight. It's not like they had 5 guys watch the same games and then they threw out the outliers and took an average of what they saw. Nope. One dude who may or may not know jack shit. The fact is, without the ALL-22 footage and a certain knowledge of the plays themselves then you are going to be wrong about a ton of shit. Simple things are easy sure but what about missed blocks? How the fuck do these random assholes know what the actual blocking assignments are?

Do your research, much of what they do is a fucking joke.

TribalElder
08-08-2013, 04:34 PM
How negative will the Vikings new #7 be after this weekend

ROFL

Hammock Parties
Your probably one of the idiots who grades players.
Posted via Mobile Device

No.

I also know the difference between "You're" and "Your."

Deberg_1990
No.

I also know the difference between "You're" and "Your."

I know a loser when I see one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I know a loser when I see one.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you don't wish to discuss PFF, I suggest this isn't the thread for you.

BigMeatballDave
08-08-2013, 04:36 PM

Fuck them. How can they possibly rank JC so low?

1500 yards behind shit QBs?

mcaj22
08-08-2013, 04:37 PM

are you saying that idiot GM of the Dolphins and King Carl gave Jones a 30M extension because

they saw he was rated 3rd on PFF?

Lol give me a break, any fan of the game football can watch the Dolphins defense and see on Sunday that "Damn that Safety of theirs is a good young player"

It does not take a moron to figure this out. Just because he's not a known

Brandon Flowers is a great CB. Outside of KC everyone probably thinks that name is the lead singer of a band called the Killers and not a great NFL CB.

PFF doesnt mean shit for contracts of lesser known talent. That's what teams have FOs for, FOs arent just made up of a GM, President, and Owner.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Fuck them. How can they possibly rank JC so low?

1500 yards behind shit QBs?

I look forward to debating the sport of professional football with you in 2013.

mcaj22
08-08-2013, 04:40 PM
lol

BigMeatballDave
08-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I look forward to debating the sport of professional football with you in 2013.

Answer the fucking question, troll.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Answer the fucking question, troll.

Nastiness is a turn off for me. I need to recover.

SAUTO
08-08-2013, 04:44 PM
So these billion dollar corporations are using guys that sit on their couch to decide who to give massive contracts to?

Pure comedy gold
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2013, 04:59 PM
are you saying that idiot GM of the Dolphins and King Carl gave Jones a 30M extension because

they saw he was rated 3rd on PFF?

Lol give me a break, any fan of the game football can watch the Dolphins defense and see on Sunday that "Damn that Safety of theirs is a good young player"

It does not take a moron to figure this out. Just because he's not a known

Brandon Flowers is a great CB. Outside of KC everyone probably thinks that name is the lead singer of a band called the Killers and not a great NFL CB.

PFF doesnt mean shit for contracts of lesser known talent. That's what teams have FOs for, FOs arent just made up of a GM, President, and Owner.

That's not what I was saying... The Dolphins may not even know about PFF. I was just saying that PFF's grade was correct, it's not like PFF gave Jones a middle of the road grade, he graded out as a top 5 safety and the Dolphins paid him like a top 5 safety.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 05:06 PM
he graded out as a top 5 safety and the Dolphins paid him like a top 5 safety.

Yep.

PFF knows their stuff.

They also pretty much accurately predicted Jake Long would leave Miami. He had a very disappointing rating last year.

Not surprisingly, the Dolphins dumped him.

tecumseh
08-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Hey, it's a free market enterprise. If one feels it has value, they buy. If not, no. so what do they have that the others don't. Or can a 19 yr old intern do it for a blowme sammich?

AustinChief
08-08-2013, 05:07 PM
That's not what I was saying... The Dolphins may not even know about PFF. I was just saying that PFF's grade was correct, it's not like PFF gave Jones a middle of the road grade, he graded out as a top 5 safety and the Dolphins paid him like a top 5 safety.

And there are plenty of grades they give that show a guy to suck and that guy also gets a big contract. They have about as much validity as any random CP member's opinion. ok, any random CP member who actually knows anything about football... so you and Clay are excluded. :D

-King-
08-08-2013, 05:18 PM
The damning thing is that they watch regular tv feeds for their "analysis". So on any given play, they pretty much have to guess what most players on the field are doing because you can't see them on the tv feed.

Halfcan
08-08-2013, 06:08 PM

ROFL You crack me up!

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2013, 06:24 PM
The damning thing is that they watch regular tv feeds for their "analysis". So on any given play, they pretty much have to guess what most players on the field are doing because you can't see them on the tv feed.

Their initial grades come from the TV broadcast and once All22 film is available they grade it again and tweak their grades as necessary.

-King-
08-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Their initial grades come from the TV broadcast and once All22 film is available they grade it again and tweak their grades as necessary.

Link?

13) Do you use coaches’ film, or TV broadcasts for your analysis? How can you see what players are lined up where?

We use TV broadcasts for both the analysis and the player participation data. We’ve been asked a lot how therefore is it possible to determine who was on the field in every position through TV pictures. Surely that just isn’t possible? Well, just because something is not easy doesn’t mean it is impossible. Firstly, the high definition picture from which we work is excellent, and that gives us the best starting point outside of coaches’ film, which isn’t attainable outside of NFL offices.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/faq/

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Link?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/faq/

From the founder of PFF....

1 person grades day 1, 2nd person grades day 2, third compares with A 22 and finalizes day 3. 11 NFL teams now take data https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/365617098976141312?p=v

AustinChief
08-08-2013, 06:49 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/365617098976141312?p=v

So 3 people who have no qualifications and can't possibly know what is supposed to be happening on any given play! Wow, BRILLIANT!

And like I said, they do have some useful info (snap counts, etc) that NFL teams are happy to have but most of their "stats" are garbage.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
So 3 people who have no qualifications and can't possibly know what is supposed to be happening on any given play! Wow, BRILLIANT!

And like I said, they do have some useful info (snap counts, etc) that NFL teams are happy to have but most of their "stats" are garbage.

It was cool that they thought Jake Long sucked, and so did the Dolphins, though. Don't you think?

AustinChief
08-08-2013, 08:18 PM
It was cool that they thought Jake Long sucked, and so did the Dolphins, though. Don't you think?

Hell even I thought he sucked last year. Not exactly a tough call on that one. I think he simply gave up on the Fins.

Baby Lee
08-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Direkshun was considering applying for a job with them before he realised how much time he would have to give up to do it.

Maybe if they paid $!5/hr.

spades
08-08-2013, 10:53 PM
pff is not that great. the evaluators have no idea certain responsibilities of players.

it is fun to read for fans but it should be taken with a huge grain of salt

bigjosh
08-08-2013, 11:08 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/bigjosh006/imagesCACZESSO_zps966e81e3.jpg

bigjosh
08-08-2013, 11:09 PM

hey when the grades for the chiefs come out after the game tomorrow, share them here. im interested to see them.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-08-2013, 11:29 PM
The hilarious thing is PFF LOVES Alex Smith. Clay and the donco homers ignore it though.

Hammock Parties
08-08-2013, 11:31 PM
The hilarious thing is PFF LOVES Alex Smith. Clay and the donco homers ignore it though.

I don't ignore it. You have to understand the ratings and what they mean, though. Alex Smith is an efficient guy who avoids mistakes, so naturally his rating is high. Unfortunately that doesn't mean he's a playmaker.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Can you dig it suuuuuuckaaaaaaa!!!!! *SPINAROONI*

MotherfuckerJones
08-08-2013, 11:35 PM

ROFL

Sorter
08-09-2013, 12:56 AM
While their analysis is nice and with best intentions in mind, it's really not fantastic unless you have a fundamental understanding of a team's offense/defense and know what play was called.

Additionally, you have to be cognizant that teams have different variables (stems as an example) and aware of sight adjusts/hots. I know that that's something PFF could never even attempt to cover accurately without detailed insight, which is something I doubt any coach is giving away (despite how most teams utilize similar principles for SAs throughout the NFL & college). That's just one aspect.

Also, when you start factoring in stunts and additional team specific responsibilities, their analysis becomes quite a bit more unreliable.

Some of the statistics they do compile though are useful.

DaneMcCloud
08-09-2013, 01:16 AM
You have to understand the ratings and what they mean, though

LMAO

You're such a fucking tool.

KCrockaholic
08-09-2013, 02:29 AM
I enjoy being a member as well. I don't pay the $27 because I'm getting bullshit statistics. These guys have multiple members go over each game and recheck each statistic they configure.

I know because I charted a certain Chiefs playoff game for them 3 years ago and I couldn't continue once I realized how much work would go into each game I charted.

Yeah, I tried out for PFF, and although they were fine with keeping me, I realized I didn't have the time for it.

aturnis
08-09-2013, 08:12 AM
So these billion dollar corporations are using guys that sit on their couch to decide who to give massive contracts to?

Pure comedy gold
Posted via Mobile Device

Come on man. You may not think PFF is all that great, but how on earth do you jump to the conclusion that anyone even suggested such a notion?

aturnis
08-09-2013, 08:18 AM

Is ridiculous to assume they pay PFF for something as simple as snap counts when they already have guys taking those within they own organizations.

-King-
08-09-2013, 08:48 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/365617098976141312?p=v

So basically, the third person watching all 22 doesn't do any analysis?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
08-09-2013, 08:49 AM

I think Knile Davis should start. Cant have an average player like Jamaal Charles starting.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf
08-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I think Knile Davis should start. Cant have an average player like Jamaal Charles starting.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't understand the ratings system, man. You've got to take the statistics down into your nerdery and really break them down to understand why Charles is an average player. Don't you know that statistics compiled by a bunch of nonathletic geeks that have never played the game are the tits. As long as you know how to crack the code all your football questions will be answered.

AustinChief
08-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Is ridiculous to assume they pay PFF for something as simple as snap counts when they already have guys taking those within they own organizations.

Um, that's kinda the point. The teams that pay for PFF DO NOT have their own people doing the drone work of counting each snap every player participates in and other simple metrics. That is why PFF is useful to them.. and that is pretty much the ONLY reason it is.

Titty Meat
08-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Um, that's kinda the point. The teams that pay for PFF DO NOT have their own people doing the drone work of counting each snap every player participates in and other simple metrics. That is why PFF is useful to them.. and that is pretty much the ONLY reason it is.

Surprised those teams couldn't hire an intern or have a quality control coach do it.

AustinChief
08-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Surprised those teams couldn't hire an intern or have a quality control coach do it.

Of course they could but why hire an employee to do monkey work when you can have PFF do it for you at a HUGE cost savings. It's not like you need any quality control on the simple stats. It's the one thing PFF has value in and NFL teams are smart to use them for it.

hometeam
08-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I want to see PFF rating on this Agnew guy~