PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone been to Orange Beach, Alabama?

Mr_Tomahawk
08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Myself, the wife, brother and sister-in-law are trying to plan a 4-5 qucik vacation to somewhere in the states. We are looking to go May-June of next year.

Problem is, we all want different items. I would like to head west to Nappa Valley, or south to New Orleans. Other have mentioned Niagra falls or Yellowstone. Some want beaches. Some want hiking. Some want a night scene while others want a starry sky.

So...in our search, Orange Beach Alabama showed up as one of the "top vacation spots you may not know about".

Anyone been there...? Thoughts?

Feel free to chime in to your favorite vacation spot within the states.... Larger cities like NYC, Chicago, LA...etc., are not an option.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Wikipedo- Tyler Ian Bray (born December 27, 1991 in Orange Beach, Alabama) is an American football quarterback who currently plays for the Kansas City Chiefs.[1] After playing his college football at the University of Tennessee, he declared himself eligible for the 2013 NFL Draft.[2] where he went undrafted primarily due to his perceived lack of maturity

Simply Red
08-10-2013, 08:14 PM
used to be a hooker spot back in the day - that and Phoenex City. They were near Military bases.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Right now we are leaning towards flying down to NOLA spending a couple nights out on the town then heading east to either Orange Beach or Destin for a couple days on the beach...

Trying to keep is fairly priced...

Titty Meat
08-10-2013, 08:15 PM
used to be a hooker spot back in the day - that and Phoenex City. They were near Military bases.

How do u know?

Simply Red
08-10-2013, 08:17 PM
How do u know?

because I used to drive through it all of the time. I've had conversations with people in the know. I know the Dirty like Dane knows the hills.

GESteve
08-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Orange beach is really nice. I live in New Orleans area let me know if I can help

Simply Red
08-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Orange beach is really nice. I live in New Orleans area let me know if I can help

the military folks would go bang broads there - there and Phoenix City.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-10-2013, 08:25 PM

How long of a drive is to Orange Beach from NOLA?

Rain Man
08-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Moab and Arches National Park. You can quote me on this. If you have time, head over to Bryce Canyon as well. It's like nothing you've ever seen.

Great Expectations
08-10-2013, 09:12 PM
I prefer orange Beach over Destin. The are some fun bars, people on the beach, yet it isn't over crowded like Destin. There are some great golf courses there, Kiva Dunes being my favorite.

JoeyChuckles
08-10-2013, 09:19 PM
My grandparents own a condo in Gulf Shores, the next town over. It is a really nice area, kind of Florida without the Florida crazy. And the beaches are white sand and very nice.

Bewbies
08-10-2013, 09:38 PM
**** Destin. Drive 30 more minutes and head to 30A, like Seaside, Rosemary Beach etc. 30A is one of the best stretches of beaches and towns in America. I like Alys beach the best, but Seaside is where they filmed The Truman Show.

That is where to go should you do the FL panhandle.

Simply Red
08-10-2013, 10:54 PM
**** Destin. Drive 30 more minutes and head to 30A, like Seaside, Rosemary Beach etc. 30A is one of the best stretches of beaches and towns in America. I like Alys beach the best, but Seaside is where they filmed The Truman Show.

Rosemary beach is pretty dope.

NewChief
08-10-2013, 10:59 PM

Yes. We go every year to 30a. It's pretty awesome. Great food, gorgeous beaches, lots of fun activities.

Destin is the fucking Branson of the Panhandle m

NewChief
08-10-2013, 11:03 PM
If you do go to 30a, let me know. I've been going there for a long, long time and can give you some pointers for food and such.

beach tribe
08-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Right now we are leaning towards flying down to NOLA spending a couple nights out on the town then heading east to either Orange Beach or Destin for a couple days on the beach...

Trying to keep is fairly priced...

Destin is a little better.
I am a beach enthusiast.
Have been to beaches in multiple states countries and islands.
The pulverized quarts stretch of beach from Orange Beach to past Destin is one of the best in the world.
Little tip: dig a hole and bury your cold drinks and ice in a plastic bag just under that beautiful snow white sand. The ice will never melt and the drinks will stay 35 degrees.
Drive the road along the beach in Gulf Breeze (Pensacola Beach) headed west. It is so beautiful.
If you want a spot of beach all to yourself keep headed that way till you get to Navarre.
I lived on that stretch for 7 years.
Enjoy.

beach tribe
08-10-2013, 11:09 PM

Yuuuuuuup.
That too.

beach tribe
08-10-2013, 11:12 PM
I prefer orange Beach over Destin. The are some fun bars, people on the beach, yet it isn't over crowded like Destin. There are some great golf courses there, Kiva Dunes being my favorite.

Florabama Bar if you wanna see some scantily dressed hot body southern bells.

GESteve
08-11-2013, 12:18 AM
How long of a drive is to Orange Beach from NOLA?

About 3 hours

kcfanintitanhell
08-11-2013, 02:45 AM
I live in Orange Beach...let me know what you're looking for, and I'll try and assist...

T-post Tom
08-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Avoid Destin/San Destin. Overrated.

BlackHelicopters
08-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Tyler Bray has a beach house in Orange Beach. Just sayin'.................

Pitt Gorilla
08-11-2013, 10:40 AM
On my way back from there today. Gulf shores/orange beach are outstanding.

Simply Red
08-11-2013, 01:02 PM
On my way back from there today. Gulf shores/orange beach are outstanding.

Stay away form the Alabama barbecue.

KevB
08-11-2013, 01:08 PM
I took the family to Orange Beach two years ago, had a lot of fun. I'd go back, so I suppose that's as good an endorsement as I can provide. We took a Dolphin cruise and there were dolphins all over the place. Lots of great pics, and the kids had a blast. Also went parasailing for the first time, also a blast.

NewChief
08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Stay away form the Alabama barbecue.

I ate Dreamland for the first time this year. The ribs were pretty amazing. The rest of the Q was average. The ribs, though, were like a freaking steak.

Goshma Ballsich
08-11-2013, 05:35 PM
We stayed in Orange Beach for a couple of days a few weeks ago. Very nice area. We also stayed in Destin right after Orange Beach..the water in Destin was clearer at that time...but Orange Beach wasn't nearly as congested. Both are great imo.

If you like to eat there is also a Lamberts in Foley, Ala. About 10 miles from OB.