PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Donnie Avery Expected to be #2 WR

Pages : [1] 2

Dante84
08-15-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm shocked.

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

Donnie Avery is expected to be the Chiefs' No. 2 wideout.
Avery entered camp behind Jon Baldwin at the "Z" receiver position. But Baldwin, a 2011 first-round pick, is "still learning" and has had a "tough" month. That leaves Avery, who best fits as a situational deep threat, as an every-down receiver. It's more trouble for Andy Reid and the Chiefs as they try to install a pass-heavy offense under Alex Smith. Dwayne Bowe is going to be a target monster.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4724/donnie-avery

Deberg_1990
08-15-2013, 10:39 AM
They were speculating on 810 yesterday that the Chiefs might try and trade Baldwin. Who knows?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
08-15-2013, 10:42 AM
what a disaster Baldwin has been.

a bunch of people around here loved that pick too

Rausch
I'm not an Avery fan but I am a fan of anyone starting over Baldwin...

jd1020
No surprise here. Avery is the better compliment to Bowe.

Rasputin
08-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks Pioli

notorious
08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Fuck Baldfoot

bigjosh
08-15-2013, 10:45 AM
It was our first "sexy" first round pick in years.ill admit that I was excited about it.

Just another first round fuck up under pioli

sedated
08-15-2013, 10:46 AM
They were speculating on 810 yesterday that the Chiefs might try and trade Baldwin. Who knows?
Posted via Mobile Device

Who the F would give anything other than a 7th for him? Starting his 3rd year and can't get catches on a team with serious WR issues.

Rausch
08-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Who the F would give anything other than a 7th for him? Starting his 3rd year and can't get catches on a team with serious WR issues.

He'll be out of the league in no more than 2 years...

BlackHelicopters
08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Baldwin is still on the team? Picture this : Bray to Baldwin. Touchdown KANNNNNNNSSSSSSSASSSSSSSSSS CITY!!!!!!

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

For what?

Nobody would be interested: The man was a 1st round pick so he has a high salary, done nothing on the field, and missed games from getting into a fight with a teammate. Nobody is going to want all of that baggage.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 10:49 AM
So we are looking at

Bowe
Avery
McCluster
Richardson
Wylie
Copper?

J Diddy
Baldwin is still on the team? Picture this : Bray to Baldwin. Touchdown KANNNNNNNSSSSSSSASSSSSSSSSS CITY!!!!!!

Bray to Champ Bailey is more likely.

Rausch
For what?

Nobody would be interested: The man was a 1st round pick so he has a high salary, done nothing on the field, and missed games from getting into a fight with a teammate. Nobody is going to want all of that baggage.

He can't learn routes and he can't catch.

Period...

notorious
08-15-2013, 10:51 AM

That would be a great clock running play considering it would take Failedwin 12 minutes to reach the endzone.

Dante84
08-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

We could get a pack of double single-mint gum for him.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I dont think I would take Floyd or Julio Jones if they were on the board, no matter where we pick in the first.

Floyd isnt available enough to warrant a very high pick and Julio Jones drops as many passes as Bowe.

No way Green is there when we pick, but I could see Baldwin being there and if he is, he would be a good pick.LMAO

Chris Meck
08-15-2013, 10:53 AM
But Pioli advised Thomas Dmitrioff to pass on Julio Jones because 'Baldwin is the same guy' and could be had later in the round.

Man, I'm glad that douchebag is gone. Tom Brady made a lot of dumb motherfuckers look like they knew what they were doing this last decade.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 10:53 AM
But Pioli advised Thomas Dmitrioff to pass on Julio Jones because 'Baldwin is the same guy' and could be had later in the round.

Man, I'm glad that douchebag is gone. Tom Brady made a lot of dumb mother****ers look like they knew what they were doing this last decade.

That wasn't Pioli.

TRR
08-15-2013, 10:55 AM
I find that report hard to believe. In reading training camp updates, it seems Avery hasn't spent any time with the 1's in camp. (Although it does sound like he is making plays with the 2's on a consistent basis).
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy

Man, I'm glad that douchebag is gone. Tom Brady made a lot of dumb mother****ers look like they knew what they were doing this last decade.

I think it was Belichick that sold Pioli on on Baldwin.

J Diddy
That would be a great clock running play considering it would take Failedwin 12 minutes to reach the endzone.

Does Holthus have a nickname for him yet?

If not I suggest we just go with The Turd.

Fritz88
08-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Many here liked Baldwin. I think he needs the Haley treatment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
08-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Man, I'm glad that douchebag is gone. Tom Brady made a lot of dumb motherfuckers look like they knew what they were doing this last decade.
Belichick advised against Julio Jones trade
November, 1, 2011
11/01/1111:00AM ET
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

D. Orlando Ledbetter has a very interesting note in his blog. It turns out New England coach Bill Belichick advised Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff against trading up to get receiver Julio Jones in the April draft.

That revelation was made in the book “War Room’’ by Michael Holley. Dimitroff spent years working under Belichick in New England’s front office. When pondering the trade, Dimitroff called his mentor and was told the cost of trading up for Jones was too great.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/26947/belichick-advised-against-julio-jones-trade

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Many here liked Baldwin. I think he needs the Haley treatment.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wanted the Chiefs to pick Torrey Smith because I didn't think Baldwin fit with the team. The moment the Chiefs picked Baldwin I figured Bowe was getting traded, kinda like when the Chiefs picked Fisher this year I figured Albert was getting traded. After Bowe didn't get traded the pick didn't make sense to me. I still think he has a place as a backup to sub in for Bowe and for goal-line plays and I'm not ready to call him a bust given the shit that's been thrown his way. No one is going to look good trying to make circus catches 24/7 but he doesn't make sense as a starter when you already have Bowe.

Sandy Vagina
08-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Whether #2 or #3, I suspect Baldwin and Avery will rotate in for each other enough to make the depth chart label rather meaningless. As long as Bowe is Bowe, JC is JC, and the TE group is solid, the Chiefs will have enough firepower with this particular WR rotation.

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 11:03 AM
I wanted the Chiefs to pick Torrey Smith because I didn't think Baldwin fit with the team. The moment the Chiefs picked Baldwin I figured Bowe was getting traded, kinda like when the Chiefs picked Fisher this year I figured Albert was getting traded. After Bowe didn't get traded the pick didn't make sense to me. I still think he has a place as a backup to sub in for Bowe and for goal-line plays and I'm not ready to call him a bust given the shit that's been thrown his way. No one is going to look good trying to make circus catches 24/7 but he doesn't make sense as a starter when you already have Bowe.

I can say I can agree with this.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Does it really matter with Alex Smith as our quarterback who are wide receivers are.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
08-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Does it really matter with Alex Smith as our quarterback who are wide receivers are.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smith doesn't have a weak arm he's indecisive...

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Whether #2 or #3, I suspect Baldwin and Avery will rotate in for each other enough to make the depth chart label rather meaningless. As long as Bowe is Bowe, JC is JC, and the TE group is solid, the Chiefs will have enough firepower with this particular WR rotation.

You have no idea what you are talking about yet again. Reports are that the tight fucking ends looked better split out than Jon Baldwin. These guys have no ties to him. His ass will be cut.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about yet again. Reports are that the tight ****ing ends looked better split out than Jon Baldwin. These guys have no ties to him. His ass will be cut.

They didn't play him with the 1's all TC just to cut him.

If he doesn't learn how to contribute this year, then he's gone next year, no doubt.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 11:27 AM
They didn't play him with the 1's all TC just to cut him.

If he doesn't learn how to contribute this year, then he's gone next year, no doubt.

They put him with the one's to see if he could live up to his draft position. They aren't going to keep him if he isn't one of the 6 best WR's in camp and by all reports he isn't. They aren't stupid and won't hurt the team to justify that draft position of a guy they didn't draft. That shit left with Pioli.

Brando
08-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Touchdown Geno Smith to Jonathon Baldwin. Your 2015 Calgary Stampeders.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:29 AM
They put him with the one's to see if he could live up to his draft position. They aren't going to keep him if he isn't one of the 6 best WR's in camp and by all reports he isn't. They aren't stupid and won't hurt the team to justify that draft position of a guy they didn't draft.

ROFL

Baldwin was playing with the 1's because he wasn't one of the top 6 receivers on the team.................

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:31 AM
They put him with the one's to see if he could live up to his draft position. They aren't going to keep him if he isn't one of the 6 best WR's in camp and by all reports he isn't. They aren't stupid and won't hurt the team to justify that draft position of a guy they didn't draft.

They could've put him any where to see if he'd live up to his draft position.

As much of a fail as he's been, i seriously doubt he gets cut. Who's going beat him out?

I think the WR corps will look like (In no particular order)

Bowe
McCluster
Avery
Rico Richardson
Baldwin

And either Hemmingway or Wylie. Depends on whether or not Hemmingway can ever get healthy enough to do something.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 11:33 AM
ROFL

Baldwin was playing with the 1's because he wasn't one of the top 6 receivers on the team.................

:facepalm:

We'll know if 2 weeks broski.

jd1020

As much of a fail as he's been, i seriously doubt he gets cut. Who's going beat him out?

Bowe
McCluster
Avery
Rico Richardson
Baldwin

And either Hemmingway or Wylie. Depends on whether or not Hemmingway can ever get healthy enough to do something.

I think Wylie gets cut. He's not returning and he's not playing. With others filling his role what does he do on the team?

Rausch
And either Hemmingway or Wylie.

Both have more upside than Baldwin and both should be seeing more time.

I think as the season goes on they will...

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Bowe
McCluster
Avery
Rico Richardson
Baldwin

Copper is a special teams stud so I think he sticks.

Frosty
08-15-2013, 11:36 AM
The moment the Chiefs picked Baldwin I figured Bowe was getting traded, kinda like when the Chiefs picked Fisher this year I figured Albert was getting traded. After Bowe didn't get traded the pick didn't make sense to me.

I think Pioli drafted Baldwin (over Kaepernick :facepalm:) because he had no intention of re-signing Bowe. Let him play along side Bowe for a year and then have him take over as the #1 when Bowe walked. Then Baldwin missed a bunch of his rookie season so Bowe had to be retained for an extra season.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Both have more upside than Baldwin and both should be seeing more time.

I think as the season goes on they will...

Wylie has more upside than Baldwin?

Uhm...imma have to disagree with that. Wylie is undersized with stone hands. The guy has a slot receiver skillet, and both McCluster and Richardson fill that role better.

I think Wylie is the most likely receiver to be cut since Richardson has emerged.

Baldwin's skill set is interesting enough to give him one last chance to show something.

Guys like Wylie grow on trees.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Copper is a special teams stud so I think he sticks.

If he sticks then he would take either Wylie or Hemmingway's spot.

I think Hemmingway is better than both, but this is two season's in a row now where he hasn't been healthy enough to get on the field.

Carlota69
08-15-2013, 11:39 AM
We could get a pack of double single-mint gum for him.

Yes, but think, we could send him to the Chargers and really fuck up a rival AND GET THE GUM!!!:clap:

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 11:40 AM
LOOK!!! I've created the new Jon Baldwin Merry Christmas action figure. Get yours now before he's cut!

http://s21.postimg.org/gfi04jwsn/Baldwin_s_merry_christmas_action_figure.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Carlota69
08-15-2013, 11:41 AM
LOOK!!! I've created the new Jon Baldwin Merry Christmas action figure. Get yours now before he's cut!

http://s21.postimg.org/gfi04jwsn/Baldwin_s_merry_christmas_action_figure.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

ROFL:clap:

Sandy Vagina
08-15-2013, 11:44 AM

agreed.. the J Diddy humor FTW.

BigCatDaddy
If he sticks then he would take either Wylie or Hemmingway's spot.

I think Hemmingway is better than both, but this is two season's in a row now where he hasn't been healthy enough to get on the field.

Hemmingway is probably heading to the PS is my guess.

hometeam
I don't know that they will cut him this year, but I would not be surprised if they did. This guy has been given every chance and the only thing he has done is sucked.

How much cap room could we free if we cut him?

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I think Pioli drafted Baldwin (over Kaepernick :facepalm:) because he had no intention of re-signing Bowe. Let him play along side Bowe for a year and then have him take over as the #1 when Bowe walked. Then Baldwin missed a bunch of his rookie season so Bowe had to be retained for an extra season.

Bowe was never going to walk. He's a top 10 receiver that any team would love to have.

BlackHelicopters
So....... Pioli was an idiot?

BigCatDaddy

LMAO

Okay, you have 1 funny thing in your unfunny funny schtick

Rausch
Wylie has more upside than Baldwin?

Uhm...imma have to disagree with that. Wylie is undersized with stone hands.

Stone hands?

The guy has a slot receiver skillet, and both McCluster and Richardson fill that role better.

McCluster is fucking Kevin Faulk playing a slot WR. McCluster is a fucking $3it stain and waste of snaps someone else could be getting.

Baldwin's skill set is interesting enough to give him one last chance to show something.

Baldwin's skill set is being tall and black.
He can't catch.
He get's clowned, REPEATEDLY, by smaller CB's he should be pushing around.
He can't run or learn routes.

I'll repeat: THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHERE TO RUN OR SHOW ANY ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO RUN THERE VS. NFL CB'S.

Guys like Wylie grow on trees.

Guys like Baldwin end up in Oakland or under a bridge...

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't know that they will cut him this year, but I would not be surprised if they did. This guy has been given every chance and the only thing he has done is sucked.

How much cap room could we free if we cut him?

None that I'm aware of. He's on his rookie contract thats pretty much all guaranteed. He's not costing that much money and he has something no other receiver on this team has and thats size.

ptlyon
08-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Don't be a Jon Baldwin. Get Direct TV!

Frosty
Bowe was never going to walk. He's a top 10 receiver that any team would love to have.

He may have been tagged and traded instead of walking (though Pioli may have played the compensatory pick game like he did with Carr) but Pioli had no intention of re-signing him for what Bowe was willing to take. That's been documented on here (I think it was The Bad Guy's source).

WhawhaWhat
BEST AVAILABLE NFL FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE (http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense)

Wide Receiver
Brandon Lloyd
Laurent Robinson
Devery Henderson
Michael Jenkins
Deion Branch
Early Doucet
Chad Johnson
Jabar Gaffney
Roscoe Parrish (PR)
Brandon Banks (KR/PR)
Mike Sims-Walker
Sammie Stroughter
Jason Hill
Brian Robiskie
Ruvell Martin
Patrick Turner
Seyi Ajirotutu
Greg Camarillo (PR)
Legedu Naanee
Mardy Gilyard (KR)
Devin Thomas
Adrian Arrington
Michael Clayton
Demetrius Williams
Maurice Stovall (TE)
Jerheme Urban
Jaymar Johnson
Quan Cosby (PR/KR)
Chastin West
Lance Long
B.J. Cunningham

Is there no one on this list that would have better production than Jon Baldwin?

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:50 AM
He may have been tagged and traded instead of walking (though Pioli may have played the compensatory pick game like he did with Carr) but Pioli had no intention of re-signing him for what Bowe was willing to take. That's been documented on here (I think it was The Bad Guy's source).

Pioli didn't "play" the Carr compensatory pick game. Carr walked because he wanted out and Bowe got priority on the Franchise tag.

It's also been noted that Pioli offered more to Bowe than Bowe accepted this year. Bowe simply didn't like Pioli, Cassel... the whole thing.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Stone hands?

McCluster is ****ing Kevin Faulk playing a slot WR. McCluster is a ****ing $3it stain and waste of snaps someone else could be getting.

Baldwin's skill set is being tall and black.
He can't catch.
He get's clowned, REPEATEDLY, by smaller CB's he should be pushing around.
He can't run or learn routes.

I'll repeat: THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHERE TO RUN OR SHOW ANY ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO RUN THERE VS. NFL CB'S.

Guys like Baldwin end up in Oakland or under a bridge...

Yeah, Wylie has stone hands. That was is issue in College and his issue last year.

I won't disagree with you about Baldwin's inadequacies, but 6-5" 4.5 40, 44" Vertical receivers are a bit harder to find than guys with Wylie's skillset.

I agree that Baldwin plays soft. The guy doesn't know how to position himself on those vertical jump balls. For his size, he should play stronger.

As far as his hands, they weren't an issue last season. Seems to be a new issue for him. Last season all we heard about were his amazing acrobatic catches etc.

I might be mistaken, but he looks a little leaner this season. Maybe that will help with his quickness/route running.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Baldwin is a poor man's Mike Williams (USC version)

bigjosh
08-15-2013, 11:51 AM

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/h0z123/repped.gif

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah, Wylie has stone hands. That was is issue in College and his issue last year.

I won't disagree with you about Baldwin's inadequacies, but 6-5" 4.5 40, 44" Vertical receivers are a bit harder to find than guys with Wylie's skillset.

I agree that Baldwin plays soft. The guy doesn't know how to position himself on those vertical jump balls. For his size, he should play stronger.

As far as his hands, they weren't an issue last season. Seems to be a new issue for him. Last season all we heard about were his amazing acrobatic catches etc.

<b>I might be mistaken, but he looks a little leaner this season. Maybe that will help with his quickness/route running</b>.

According to everyone that went to camp is hasn't. 250lb TE's are running better routes out wide than he is.

Rasputin
08-15-2013, 11:52 AM
So much for my theory that his suck was a result of bad quarterbacking from Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:53 AM
BEST AVAILABLE NFL FREE AGENTS - OFFENSE (http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense)

Is there no one on this list that would have better production what Jon Baldwin?

Not IMO. They're all shitty options. Robinson is the only interesting one, but he has that concussion issue and has pretty much flamed out since he had that one season in Dallas.

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Baldwin is a poor man's Mike Williams (USC version)

Baldwin is a poor man's bum.

Rausch
08-15-2013, 11:54 AM

In preseason.

In the regular season he was Bigfoot.

Baldwin has done nothing other than REPEATEDLY get owned by inferior talent and drop passes in the regular season.

I might be mistaken, but he looks a little leaner this season. Maybe that will help with his quickness/route running.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:54 AM
So much for my theory that his suck was a result of bad quarterbacking from Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

Well....we'll see.

I think he'll be more productive, but not productive enough to not be on the roster bubble next season.

I think he'll have a 500-600 Yard season at best, but will need a 800+ to save his job.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 11:55 AM
In preseason.

In the regular season he was Bigfoot.

Baldwin has done nothing other than REPEATEDLY get owned by inferior talent and drop passes in the regular season.

I agree that he can't get open. But i don't remember his hands being an issue last season. Im too lazy to look up his drop %.

Frosty
08-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Pioli didn't "play" the Carr compensatory pick game. Carr walked because he wanted out and Bowe got priority on the Franchise tag.

It's also been noted that Pioli offered more to Bowe than Bowe accepted this year. Bowe simply didn't like Pioli, Cassel... the whole thing.

Sure he did. Everyone of note that he signed last season had been cut instead of a FA because they didn't count when the compensatory cuts were calculated.

Bowe was tagged because Baldwin hadn't progressed (supposedly) due to missing a big chunk of his rookie season. He had no choice because he had nothing else at WR.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Baldwin was constantly leaping trying to make 1 handed grabs last season because no QB on the roster could throw an accurate ball.

BlackHelicopters
Chuck Norris could have this WR situation straightened out in about 15 seconds.

Skyy God

Is there no one on this list that would have better production than Jon Baldwin?

Brandon Lloyd would be a giant upgrade over Baldwin.

Rausch
I agree that he can't get open. But i don't remember his hands being an issue last season. Im too lazy to look up his drop %.

It's not just his hands.

He doesn't know where he's supposed to fucking be...

jd1020
08-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Sure he did. Everyone of note that he signed last season had been cut instead of a FA because they didn't count when the compensatory cuts were calculated.

What does that have to do with Carr?

You think Pioli is the only GM in the league to sign cut players? And guys like Hillis were not cut.

Rausch
08-15-2013, 11:58 AM

Monumental...

Rasputin
08-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Well....we'll see.

I think he'll be more productive, but not productive enough to not be on the roster bubble next season.

I think he'll have a 500-600 Yard season at best, but will need a 800+ to save his job.

Wonder how Todd Haley would have worked him out if he was our WR coach. :hmmm:

Dante84

I'd take Brandon Lloyd.

Rausch

He was...

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Baldwin sucks?

Shocking.

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 12:03 PM

Baldwin's potential and athletic ability is still greater than Lloyd's. If you were looking for a 1 year rental with no upside and very little improved production then sure, go Lloyd. Lloyd doesn't do anything that Avery can't do already.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Baldwin's potential and athletic ability is still greater than Lloyd's. If you were looking for a 1 year rental with no upside and very little improved production then sure, go Lloyd. Lloyd doesn't do anything that Avery can't do already.

It's depth. Something we really need, but I don't know how much is he asking for and if they could even fit him under the cap.

BossChief
08-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Hey Laz...I made that post to throw people in the CP mock off my trail. A "smokescreen" if you will.

I drafted Julio Jones 6th overall in the CP mock and people called the pick a major reach at the time. What spot did Atlanta trade up to get JJ at again?

I did really like Jon Baldwin, though and think he could be good in certain offenses, but he is NOT a WCO WR.

Frosty
08-15-2013, 12:07 PM
What does that have to do with Carr?

Really?

With Carr's big contract, the Chiefs were almost guaranteed a 3rd round comp pick if they didn't sign FAs to replace him (we got a 3rd for Carr and a 6th for Richardson). My original point was that Pioli could have been planning something similar with Bowe since he didn't want to re-sign him. Let him sign a big contract somewhere else while replacing him with Baldwin and reap a 3rd round pick in return. He could have tagged and traded him, too, if he found any takers.

The point was that if Pioli were here this year, Bowe wouldn't have. IIRC, Pioli even made a comment on NFLN that the Chiefs paid Bowe too much this year.

Dayze
08-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I was excited with the pick. seemed like a stud etc.

what a huge disappointment he's been.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Really?

With Carr's big contract, the Chiefs were almost guaranteed a 3rd round comp pick if they didn't sign FAs to replace him (we got a 3rd for Carr and a 6th for Richardson). My original point was that Pioli could have been planning something similar with Bowe since he didn't want to re-sign him. Let him sign a big contract somewhere else while replacing him with Baldwin and reap a 3rd round pick in return. He could have tagged and traded him, too, if he found any takers.

The point was that if Pioli were here this year, Bowe wouldn't have. IIRC, Pioli even made a comment on NFLN that the Chiefs paid Bowe too much this year.

Would have been rough to find a taker for such shitty talent like Bowe, let me tell ya...

Bowe was never going to walk. He would have been traded. You dont "reap" the benefit of a 3rd round comp pick for a guy like Bowe or Carr.

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 12:11 PM

I think it went something like this: "Jon, Thomas Jones said your mother is a whore. I want you to go punch him in the face."
"What coach? He's my teammate; I can't do that."
"Do it now, puss face, or I'll put you so far down the depth chart you'll be sniffing the field from the cheap seats."
"Okay coach."

The fight ensues, Baldwin gets injured, and Haley cackles on the phone to Pioli: "See! I told you we shouldn't have drafted this kid. He's all fucked in the head: He started a fight with a team mate and is out at least 4 weeks."

Then he hangs up and does a little happy dance.

Sorter
08-15-2013, 12:15 PM
I think it went something like this: "Jon, Thomas Jones said your mother is a whore. I want you to go punch him in the face."
"Do it now, puss face, or I'll put you so far down the depth chart you'll be sniffing the field from the cheap seats."
"Okay coach."

The fight ensues, Baldwin gets injured, and Haley cackles on the phone to Pioli: "See! I told you we shouldn't have drafted this kid. He's all ****ed in the head: He started a fight with a team mate and is out at least 4 weeks."

ROFL

Frosty
08-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Would have been rough to find a taker for such shitty talent like Bowe, let me tell ya...

Bowe was never going to walk. He would have been traded. You dont "reap" the benefit of a 3rd round comp pick for a guy like Bowe or Carr.

Yeah, you also don't take a shitty 5-tech DE #3 overall. You are arguing this like a competent GM was in place during this time. Pioli was the only one that wanted Baldwin (most of the rest, including Haley, wanted Kaepernick). You can get a #2 WR later in the draft so it just makes sense that he wanted to swap #1 WRs.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah, you also don't take a shitty 5-tech DE #3 overall. You are arguing this like a competent GM was in place during this time. Pioli was the only one that wanted Baldwin (most of the rest, including Haley, wanted Kaepernick). You can get a #2 WR later in the draft so it just makes sense that he wanted to swap #1 WRs.

You can also find RTs beyond 1.1 too, but who really cares?

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 12:21 PM

I think at the time he was drafted, Pioli just wanted to find another WR to make Cassel's wobble launcher look good. Remember, this was after the Ravens completely locked Bowe out of the game by rolling coverage his way and the Chiefs signed ol' One-Testi off the street to start opposite of Bowe.

But yea, i think had Pioli still been here, Bowe would've walked. They couldn't tag and trade because Pioli woulda used the Tag on Albert. He's already on Record saying that he offered Albert more money than what Dorsey is offering now and that he thought Bowe was overpaid.

Also at the time, a lot of people felt like Bowe was under a lot of heat and that Baldwin was being glamorized by the Pioli propaganda machine. Maybe there was some truth to that.

hometeam
08-15-2013, 12:22 PM
I was excited with the pick. seemed like a stud etc.

what a huge disappointment he's been.

I had not heard of the guy, but looked him up and was content.

Damn what a waste.

Sorter

I bet a little bit of Haley dies inside when he watches the 49ers play.

DJ's left nut

Just yesterday I took a look to see if he was still unsigned.

I don't get it - why haven't we kicked the tires on this guy? Malcontent? He absolutely has talent and has shown that a team that's willing to commit to him can get a lot out of him.

If it's a question of cap space (and it might be), I get it. But surely it's not value - this guy can be a great addition to the team, IMO.

saphojunkie
"Okay coach."

The fight ensues, Baldwin gets injured, and Haley cackles on the phone to Pioli: "See! I told you we shouldn't have drafted this kid. He's all ****ed in the head: He started a fight with a team mate and is out at least 4 weeks."

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1017/2m3mdf4.gif

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 12:23 PM

I don't get it - why haven't we kicked the tires on this guy? Malcontent? He absolutely has talent and has shown that a team that's willing to commit to him can get a lot out of him.

If it's a question of cap space (and it might be), I get it. But surely it's not value - this guy can be a great addition to the team, IMO.

There has to be a reason why the guy can't stay on a team. Maybe he's just a shithead. He's certainly vocal.

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 12:24 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1017/2m3mdf4.gif

That pic is exactly what I had in mind

ROFL

Sorter
08-15-2013, 12:25 PM
There has to be a reason why the guy can't stay on a team. Maybe he's just a shithead. He's certainly vocal.

It's interesting. If McDaniels couldn't handle Marshall and vouched for Brandon, I'm genuinely curious as to what his problem is.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2013, 12:26 PM

I'd go past maybe.

He's probably a shithead. Mouthy and has been on a bunch of teams tends to suggest he's a guy that thinks he's a hell of a lot better than he is and lets you know it.

That said, he's never really been on a team with a clear #1 WR. Isn't there a chance that he straightens up and flies right when he knows he's not the cock of the walk?

EDIT: Hmmmm.....maybe not. He was on the Broncos the year before he broke out when they had Brandon Marshall and Marshall was a clear stud that year. Lloyd sucked in the secondary role.

Fuck, I don't know. I know our #2 WR spot may suck really really badly and Lloyd has shown at least once that he isn't terrible. I still think he's worth checking out.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 12:28 PM
I'd go past maybe.

He's probably a shithead. Mouthy and has been on a bunch of teams tends to suggest he's a guy that thinks he's a hell of a lot better than he is and lets you know it.

That said, he's never really been on a team with a clear #1 WR. Isn't there a chance that he straightens up and flies right when he knows he's not the cock of the walk?

Not if he's a guy that thinks he's a hell of a lot better than he is. He'll be a TO and start screaming at the QB to throw him the ball because he's better and needs the touches for the team to win.

Sandy Vagina
08-15-2013, 12:30 PM
In his early years, Lloyd was a locker room punk that wouldn't work hard at football. He was more interested in his rap music, and got booted from SF. I can't say how the years have changed him or not. His skills had definitely improved over time, though he was always capable of making the circus catch. If his head is in the game, he would be a nice addition.

Renegade
08-15-2013, 12:33 PM
I am not sure Baldwin can even get open versus "Burned Toast" Agnew

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I am not sure Baldwin can even get open versus "Burned Toast" Agnew

You won't have to worry about Agnew too much longer. I hear the league is going to ban him for health reasons. Seems everyone lined up from him catches EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd go past maybe.

EDIT: Hmmmm.....maybe not. He was on the Broncos the year before he broke out when they had Brandon Marshall and Marshall was a clear stud that year. Lloyd sucked in the secondary role.

****, I don't know. I know our #2 WR spot may suck really really badly and Lloyd has shown at least once that he isn't terrible. I still think he's worth checking out.

A local kid to so it seems like a great fit, but it's odd that NOBODY has picked him up yet.

Skyy God
08-15-2013, 12:46 PM

Some combo of cap space, Lloyd wanting $2-3M minimum, and his general rep as a shithead, I'd wager.

Easy 6
08-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Glad to hear this, he's the better complement to Bowe anyway... the speed demon opposite the big bruiser.

DJ's left nut
08-15-2013, 12:47 PM
A local kid to so it seems like a great fit, but it's odd that NOBODY has picked him up yet.

I try to presume that I'm smarter than everyone that does this for a living most of the time, but I'll be damned if they don't go proving me wrong more often than not.

When it's a move that a single GM makes (like Scooter doing Scooter things) I'm fairly comfortable debating it. But man, when every single team in the NFL, including teams with very smart men leading them, agree that this guy isn't someone to have on your team?

Boy, the collective wisdom there sure seems to trump my weekend warrior knowledge, does it not? These guys have to know something I don't.

That's what's kept me from going to gung-ho on Bray and it's certainly why I gave Geno a much longer, more careful look once he started sliding. Usually NFL GMs are pretty smart about who they stay away from.

And when it's an established veteran like Lloyd, they clearly know something we don't.

But like I said...this WR corps sure looks rough. Maybe just this once the sun will smile on the Chiefs and Lloyd will come back around if we give him a shot at playing at home.

RealSNR
08-15-2013, 12:49 PM
The Chiefs are known for making shitty vet WRs work.

See Eddie Kennison, Mark Bradley, Chris Chambers, etc...

Marcellus
08-15-2013, 12:52 PM

Mark Bradley "worked'? 30 and 24 receptions? Dex has better numbers.

I am astounded Lloyd is not on a team.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I try to presume that I'm smarter than everyone that does this for a living most of the time, but I'll be damned if they don't go proving me wrong more often than not.

When it's a move that a single GM makes (like Scooter doing Scooter things) I'm fairly comfortable debating it. But man, when every single team in the NFL, including teams with very smart men leading them, agree that this guy isn't someone to have on your team?

Boy, the collective wisdom there sure seems to trump my weekend warrior knowledge, does it not? These guys have to know something I don't.

That's what's kept me from going to gung-ho on Bray and it's certainly why I gave Geno a much longer, more careful look once he started sliding. Usually NFL GMs are pretty smart about who they stay away from.

And when it's an established veteran like Lloyd, they clearly know something we don't.

But like I said...this WR corps sure looks rough. Maybe just this once the sun will smile on the Chiefs and Lloyd will come back around if we give him a shot at playing at home.

A little digging lead me to this gym. I guess he's just fucking weird.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/03/releasing_brandon_lloyd_for_be.html

Halfcan
08-15-2013, 12:59 PM
He can't learn routes and he can't catch.

Period...

This :clap:

It has been a Long time since we have heard anything positive about him?

Skyy God
08-15-2013, 12:59 PM
A little digging lead me to this gym. I guess he's just ****ing weird.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/03/releasing_brandon_lloyd_for_be.html

Gem, not gym.

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2013, 01:00 PM

Huh? Why would you add Kennison to the other pieces of shit?

RealSNR
08-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Huh? Why would you add Kennison to the other pieces of shit?

Nobody wanted him.

Mav
08-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Not really a surprise. I thought if he could over come his glaring Character issues out of college, that he could be a man amongst boys, but clearly, he just isn't that good.

Donnie Avery on the other hand, a deep threat with a qb who doesn't like to throw the deep ball.......

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Nobody wanted him.

Yes, but Bradley and Chambers did NOT work out.

RealSNR
08-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes, but Bradley and Chambers did NOT work out.

We got more out of them than other teams did.

BigCatDaddy
08-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Gem, not gym.

LMAO Thanks. I'm already thinking about working out after work.

saphojunkie
08-15-2013, 01:12 PM
You know what it sounds like? Sounds like Brandon Lloyd has mild Asperger's. Seriously, who gives a shit if he abruptly leaves in the middle of a conversation. Does he catch all teh footballs? Good.

Mav
08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
You know what it sounds like? Sounds like Brandon Lloyd has mild Asperger's. Seriously, who gives a shit if he abruptly leaves in the middle of a conversation. Does he catch all teh footballs? Good.

Im betting after having to deal with T.O. and Djax, and considering that Brandon Lloyd and Alex Smith didn't exactly get along the first time they played together, that him playing for the Chiefs is less than a long shot. Its a no shot.

TinyEvel
08-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Wait..."Catch of the year" Baldwin has done nothing since? jinxed?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fB48hRWZKxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
08-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear this, he's the better complement to Bowe anyway... the speed demon opposite the big bruiser.

If only our quarterback takes advantage of this.

Mav
08-15-2013, 01:39 PM
If only our quarterback takes advantage of this.

Ugh. he had a very similar receiver in SF in Kyle Williams. He had a very hard time hitting him deep. On two passes against seattle he had Kyle deep, the first one was about 8 yards out of bounds, the second one sailed out of the back of the end zone. Some people blame the finger that he had injured, but, I don't know.

The ball did float a little bit, but, as much of an Alex Smith guy as I am, someone like bowe, who leaves a margin for error because he is so big, fits alex smiff much better.

Oxford
08-15-2013, 01:40 PM
It's not just his hands.

He doesn't know where he's supposed to ****ing be...

"go down the block and catch the "J" bus, have them open the doors at 30th street..... I'll fake to you"

Omaha
08-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Thomas Jones needs to kick his ass again.

Jakemall
08-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Ugh. he had a very similar receiver in SF in Kyle Williams. He had a very hard time hitting him deep. On two passes against seattle he had Kyle deep, the first one was about 8 yards out of bounds, the second one sailed out of the back of the end zone. Some people blame the finger that he had injured, but, I don't know.

The ball did float a little bit, but, as much of an Alex Smith guy as I am, someone like bowe, who leaves a margin for error because he is so big, fits alex smiff much better.

Not going to agree here. While he let a few sail to Kyle, I don't think Alex really trusted Kyle in the 2011 season. Vernon doesn't have the best hands, the ball placement had to be perfect, and Alex was able to work with that.

Chris Meck
08-15-2013, 01:47 PM
That wasn't Pioli.

No, that was. It was some 'Patriot Way' piece where they were discussing how they all still talk to each other and give opinions back and forth.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 01:48 PM
No, that was. It was some 'Patriot Way' piece where they were discussing how they all still talk to each other and give opinions back and forth.

It's already been posted multiple times in this thread how it wasn't, but please continue.

O.city
08-15-2013, 01:49 PM
It was belicheck who told dimitrof

Mav
08-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Not going to agree here. While he let a few sail to Kyle, I don't think Alex really trusted Kyle in the 2011 season. Vernon doesn't have the best hands, the ball placement had to be perfect, and Alex was able to work with that.

This was 2012 bro. The game in San Francisco where the 49ers won in the second half because of the run game, and short quick stuff over the middle.

In the first half of that game he missed Kyle Williams badly, TWICE. Not talking about 11, because Alex didn't really have any chemistry with any receiver, except Josh Morgan.

Jakemall
08-15-2013, 02:00 PM
This was 2012 bro. The game in San Francisco where the 49ers won in the second half because of the run game, and short quick stuff over the middle.

In the first half of that game he missed Kyle Williams badly, TWICE. Not talking about 11, because Alex didn't really have any chemistry with any receiver, except Josh Morgan.

Oh...okay...Seattle game... Not going to put that on Alex..he was still recovering from the hand injury. I don't really look at either the Seattle or Giants game as indicative of his play because of it.

Mav
08-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh...okay...Seattle game... Not going to put that on Alex..he was still recovering from the hand injury. I don't really look at either the Seattle or Giants game as indicative of his play because of it.

While I am inclined to agree that the finger was bothering him, it still is a concern because of the lack of those types of throws to receivers outside the hashes, until he proves that he can do that consistently, it is going to be a nit picked part of his game.

That's just a fair statement in my opinion.

Chris Meck
08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
It's already been posted multiple times in this thread how it wasn't, but please continue.

My mistake.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Yes, but think, we could send him to the Chargers and really fuck up a rival AND GET THE GUM!!!:clap:

i like this idea

aturnis
08-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I think Wylie gets cut. He's not returning and he's not playing. With others filling his role what does he do on the team?

I know. It's like, does he even lift?

aturnis
08-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Hemmingway is probably heading to the PS is my guess.

Doubtful.

Bowe
Avery
Mccluster
Hemingway
Richardson
Copper

If we keep 7 pick from Worthless Wylie and Bustin' Baldwin.

In58men
08-15-2013, 03:44 PM
We have a shitty WR corps

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Doubtful.

Bowe
Avery
Mccluster
Hemingway
Richardson
Copper

Hemmingway is NOT going to take Baldwin's roster spot. No way in hell. The guy hasn't even played in a damn preseason game yet. He can't stay healthy. He'll be lucky to make the roster.

You think a guy who has missed all of his rookie year and the majority of his 2nd year's camp is gonna take the roster spot of a 3rd year 1st round pick who has been taking reps with the 1's all camp?

C'mon man....

aturnis
08-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Hemmingway is NOT going to take Baldwin's roster spot. No way in hell. The guy hasn't even played in a damn preseason game yet. He can't stay healthy. He'll be lucky to make the roster.

You think a guy who has missed all of his rookie year and the majority of his 2nd year's camp is gonna take the roster spot of a 3rd year 1st round pick who has been taking reps with the 1's all camp?

C'mon man....

If anything, Baldwin has been taking #1 snaps in order to motivate Avery. Only explanation. Baldwin has dropped everything thrown his way, can't run routes, can't block and can't beat press. Even been chewed out and denied to second team during practice b/c he sucks so bad and probably didn't know his responsibilities.

Never one have I heard one positive about Baldwin from Reid or in reports. Meanwhile, while healthy, Hemingway caught everything thrown his way and became a favorite target of QB's in camp.

Mav
08-15-2013, 04:09 PM

other than Bowe and Avery, there are a lot of unknowns.

jspchief
08-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Pioli's drafts continue to haunt us.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Sweet God Peeholi sucked.

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Baldwin is clearly a sack of shit, but I cannot kill the pick too badly because I thought it was a sensible one at the time.

Now, the comparisons to Jones were always outlandish, and those were blanket stupidity, but otherwise...

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 04:28 PM
If anything, Baldwin has been taking #1 snaps in order to motivate Avery. Only explanation. Baldwin has dropped everything thrown his way, can't run routes, can't block and can't beat press. Even been chewed out and denied to second team during practice b/c he sucks so bad and probably didn't know his responsibilities.

Never one have I heard one positive about Baldwin from Reid or in reports. Meanwhile, while healthy, Hemingway caught everything thrown his way and became a favorite target of QB's in camp.

Huh? Motivate Avery? Avery is a known commodity not some rookie who needs to be pressed to reach his ceiling. That would be Baldwin if it were anyone at all.

I understand that Hemmingway had a nice week at camp, but this is two years in a row now where the guy can't stay healthy enough to even complete a damn training camp. You think a coach is gonna take that kinda guy over a guy who ultimately has a better physical skill set and higher ceiling....and has actually played in the NFL? I don't.

TEX
08-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Baldwin is clearly a sack of shit, but I cannot kill the pick too badly because I thought it was a sensible one at the time.

Now, the comparisons to Jones were always outlandish, and those were blanket stupidity, but otherwise...

Well I'm not surprised at all. Some of us said BALDWIN was a BUST from day one. He displayed a bad attitude in college and arrived in KC the same way. Dude broke his hand in a locker room fight because he was being a diva. The sooner they cut his ass, the better. Screw all you IDIOTS that said Pioli and the coaches kneuw more. Lol!

Mav
08-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Well I'm not surprised at all. Some of us said BALDWIN was a BUST from day one. He displayed a bad attitude in college and arrived in KC the same way. Dude broke his hand in a locker room fight because he was being a diva. The sooner they cut his ass, the better. Screw all you IDIOTS that said Pioli and the coaches kneuw more. Lol!

I was really hoping that having Andre Reed, and Andy Reid around that would help this guy out....not so much.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Just cut the motherfucker.

Ace Gunner
08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Doubtful.

Bowe
Avery
Mccluster
Hemingway
Richardson
Copper

I like how you're retarted.

TEX
08-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Well I'm not surprised at all. Some of us said BALDWIN was a BUST from day one. He displayed a bad attitude in college and arrived in KC the same way. Dude broke his hand in a locker room fight because he was being a diva. The sooner they cut his ass, the better. Screw all the IDIOTS that said Pioli and the coaches knew more. Pioli & co wete the worst at their jobs the NFL has seen since Matt Millon and his crew. They all were a special breed of idiot.

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Are you sure you said that Baldwin was a bust on day one? You didn't initially like the pick?

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Are you sure you said that Baldwin was a bust on day one? You didn't initially like the pick?

Anyone that says a draft pick other than Tyson Jackson is a bust day one is a fucking idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
08-15-2013, 05:12 PM

I concur.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Well I'm not surprised at all. Some of us said BALDWIN was a BUST from day one. He displayed a bad attitude in college and arrived in KC the same way. Dude broke his hand in a locker room fight because he was being a diva. The sooner they cut his ass, the better. Screw all the IDIOTS that said Pioli and the coaches knew more. Pioli & co wete the worst at their jobs the NFL has seen since Matt Millon and his crew. They all were a special breed of idiot.

Exactly. Picking Baldwin might not have been the only correct way to go, but it certainly was one of them. There is no doubt that WR was the Chiefs biggest need. The Chiefs simply did not have anyone to line up opposite Bowe that even resembled a warm body. At least they can do that on the OL and get away with it. I like the pick. I also would have liked Carimi - that kid looks to be an mauler. The bottom line was the Chiefs were in a good place - made thier choice - and it was a good one.

jd1020
08-15-2013, 05:15 PM

LOL Whoops.

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Anyone that says a draft pick other than Tyson Jackson is a bust day one is a ****ing idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

It was my thought that most posters supported that pick at the time, so I did a bit of looking. And I was right.

Remember that Baldwin was drafted in '11, and Pioli love was in full force on this website. Cassel was a "Pro-Bowler", DMC and Arenas were, allegedly, viable players, etc., and those of us eviscerating Pioli were considered fucking idiots.

Oops. But I won't demand an apology thread.

Brock
08-15-2013, 05:16 PM

LOL

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 05:17 PM

There it is. I was going to let him own it first, so this is why I posed the question instead of linking the post.

We all fuck up in evaluations, TEX. Just the nature of stating opinions on a message board.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-15-2013, 05:20 PM
It was my thought that most posters supported that pick at the time, so I did a bit of looking. And I was right.

Remember that Baldwin was drafted in '11, and Pioli love was in full force on this website. Cassel was a "Pro-Bowler", DMC and Arenas were, allegedly, viable players, etc., and those of us eviscerating Pioli were considered fucking idiots.

I really liked the upside of the Baldwin pick. I was way off.

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I loved the Baldwin pick.

I hope he's cut.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Baldwin should not be cut unless it's for $$ reasons - doubtful
Or there are WRs on the roster with more potential - Extremely unlikely
At least one more season.

OnTheWarpath15
Wow.

Avery a WR2 and McCluster a WR3.

Jesus tapdancing Christ. JC, Bowe and the TE group are going to be targeted a fuckton this season.

OnTheWarpath15

Same here. Picked him for the Jets in the CP Mock.

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 05:23 PM

I'm sorry deez...
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
08-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I loved the Baldwin pick.

I hope he's cut.

I wanted a different WR and I hope he's not cut.

I still see a spot for him on the team unlike other WR's like Wylie.

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 05:26 PM
I wanted a different WR and I hope he's not cut.

I still see a spot for him on the team unlike other WR's like Wylie.
There is a spot if we can just get all db's to play thirty yards off the line.

He is fucking slow getting started
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 05:27 PM

Same here. Picked him for the Jets in the CP Mock.

You bet. That was an easy pick to get behind because Baldwin looked to have a complete physical skill set, and the Chiefs were void of talent behind Bowe. Never would have guessed that he'd look like a varsity player going up against pros. No separation and sloppy routes.

I'm sorry deez...
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO. Thanks, dude.

Mav
08-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Wow.

Jesus tapdancing Christ. JC, Bowe and the TE group are going to be targeted a ****ton this season.

Lol, uh, well yeah......

Rams Fan
Doubtful.

Bowe
Avery
Mccluster
Hemingway
Richardson
Copper

Why the fuck would the Chiefs carry 7 WRs?

jd1020
There is a spot if we can just get all db's to play thirty yards off the line.

He is ****ing slow getting started
Posted via Mobile Device

I see him as more of a situational short yardage/goal-line WR when you want a big body to go up and get the ball or a breather for Bowe.

Guys like Wylie I can't think of any reason for them to be on the team.

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 05:30 PM
JC, Bowe and the TE group are going to be targeted a ****ton this season.

JC and the TEs, anyway...

Mav
08-15-2013, 05:31 PM

Now, he will occasionally throw to Bowe....

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 05:34 PM
I see him as more of a situational short yardage/goal-line WR when you want a big body to go up and get the ball or a breather for Bowe.

Guys like Wylie I can't think of any reason for them to be on the team. he can't beat a jam either.

What good is he at that point?
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
08-15-2013, 05:36 PM
he can't beat a jam either.

What good is he at that point?
Posted via Mobile Device

What good is someone like Wylie when he's worse at his job than like 3 other guys?

Who is going to be a better option to hold out hope for? The youngest/biggest WR on the team or a midget who can be replaced by 15 other guys every draft?

Eleazar
08-15-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't think it's that Baldwin didn't have a first round pedigree or production in college, he just seems to have maturity issues to the point where he can't get out of his own way.

It's going to be hard to pick those kind of guys out before the draft, but you definitely have to try

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
What good is someone like Wylie when he's worse at his job than like 3 other guys?

Who is going to be a better option to hold out hope for? The youngest/biggest WR on the team or a midget who can be replaced by 15 other guys every draft? I'm not arguing for wylie here...

Cut them both. Sign dick is broken randy moss for all I fucking care
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't think it's that Baldwin didn't have a first round pedigree or production in college, he just seems to have maturity issues to the point where he can't get out of his own way.

It's going to be hard to pick those kind of guys out before the draft, but you definitely have to try

The problem is that his skillset didn't carry over well to the NFL. In college, he was typically bigger, faster and stronger than the competition he faced at Pitt. In the NFL, his lack of suddenness doesn't allow him to get open and he doesn't play as strong and aggressive as his frame would suggest.

The guy looks kinda gumpy running around out there. That and he can't seem to locate the deep ball very well, which was suppose to be his best attribute.

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 05:42 PM

He is a slow starter, SLOW. I doubt that has anything to do with maturity, not saying he doesn't have maturity issues either.
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
08-15-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't know shit about Avery other than I've heard he's smokin fast. Hope he pans out. It took us forever just to find a dominant #1 WR. Now it seems we just can't get a good second guy.

jspchief
08-15-2013, 06:10 PM
I seem to remember at least a few people that didn't like the Baldwin pick.

iirc some people felt it was an attempt to replace Bowe, and that he was a bad fit playing alongside Bowe. I also remember his attitude coming up.

Someone should link the thread from his draft pick.

saphojunkie
08-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Meanwhile, Julio Jones is beasting Jimmy Smith.

Sannyasi
08-15-2013, 06:20 PM

As much as I would love to see Bowe get a ton of targets this season, I fear its going to be too easy for opposing defenses to double cover him and shut him down. We just don't really have any other proven weapons in the passing game.

Brock
08-15-2013, 06:21 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244531

Here's a baldwin thread. Pretty positiveall around.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2013, 06:26 PM

JFC...

I just read in the paper today

"This pick has the feel of another Tyson Jackson"

****ing dumbasses...

aturnis
08-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Why the fuck would the Chiefs carry 7 WRs?

B/c most teams carry 6 or 7? :shrug:

chiefs1111
08-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Same here.

Mav
08-15-2013, 07:00 PM
B/c most teams carry 6 or 7? :shrug:

I thought the number was 5, sometimes 6?

OnTheWarpath15
08-15-2013, 07:00 PM
As much as I would love to see Bowe get a ton of targets this season, I fear its going to be too easy for opposing defenses to double cover him and shut him down. We just don't really have any other proven weapons in the passing game.

31st in targets in 2012. (13 games)

8th in 2011.

12th in 2009.

Who were the proven weapons in the passing games those seasons?

aturnis
08-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I thought the number was 5, sometimes 6?

Maybe. Been awhile since I've done a roster prediction.

notorious
08-15-2013, 07:01 PM
He looked slow as hell in his college "Highlight" video FFS.

No acceleration, shitty cuts, etc. Check the draft thread, I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Bambi
08-15-2013, 07:10 PM
So we are looking at

Bowe
Avery
McCluster
Richardson
Wylie
Copper?

:suicide:

Bambi
08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7604880&postcount=73

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-15-2013, 07:13 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7604880&postcount=73

LMAO

:clap:ROFL

Mav
08-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Maybe. Been awhile since I've done a roster prediction.

I could see the Chiefs keeping 5 wr's and running an extra tight end.

Keeping Fasano, Kelce, Moeaki, and Demetrius.

There aren't 6 wr's to make this team....

Simply Red
08-15-2013, 07:16 PM
So we are looking at

Bowe
Avery
McCluster
Richardson
Wylie
Copper?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dhdxxt.gif

notorious
08-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh, PGM.

For punishment you will watch a Syfy original movie marathon.

SAUTO
08-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Sad that Baldwin wouldn't even be able to beat out any of our tight ends
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-15-2013, 07:26 PM
At least Two Yard Thomas saved us the agony of watching Baldfail plod around on the field for a few games.

Eleazar
08-15-2013, 07:30 PM

iirc some people felt it was an attempt to replace Bowe

I think it absolutely was Pioli's attempt to replace Bowe.

Just like with Brandon Carr, and like he would have with Albert, Pioli was going to let Bowe walk for nothing, and replace him with one of his guys. Baldwin was supposed to be him.

If Pioli hadn't been canned, Bowe would have walked anyway, regardless of the fact that Baldwin hasn't worked out.

Just another reason to be glad that skidmark is not in KC anymore

Saccopoo
08-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Wow.

Jesus tapdancing Christ. JC, Bowe and the TE group are going to be targeted a ****ton this season.

Of course they are. As will be the running backs/fullbacks, which has always been a huge part of Reid's offense. Who the #2 WR is isn't that big of a deal - the only real part is him needing to run good routes. And obviously Baldwin isn't that guy.

They are going to use McCluster, Sherman and Davis/Droughn/Gray a ton, especially in the passing game as well as the three/four tight ends.

I'm not bent out of shape whatsoever about who is our #2 WR other than the guy that was supposed to be it was a first round pick.

Deberg_1990
08-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Reid used to take teams to the NFC championship with WRs like Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Freddie Mitchell.

Ace Gunner
08-15-2013, 08:00 PM

that's a iffy thread but I'm reposting the gif thig lyfe put up -- yea, blah blah
http://paperpetual.com/gifs/yeblablah.gif

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:01 PM

iirc some people felt it was an attempt to replace Bowe, and that he was a bad fit playing alongside Bowe. I also remember his attitude coming up.

Someone should link the thread from his draft pick.

I liked it a lot but when he broke his hand fighting Thomas Jones I said "Oh fuck......"

BossChief
08-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Not trying to defend Pioli, but he did trade down before taking Baldwin and with the pick he got for trading down he chose Justin Houston.

It sucks that Baldwin was just another player I pimped that year...shit I said a few times way before the draft that he would probably be the pick.

At least we got Houston.

bigdaddychieffan
08-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Has Avery been doing good at camp? Didn't really hear much about him.

In58men
08-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Avery is garbage. He bounces from team to team for a reason. Nobody wants him. He sucks.

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Not trying to defend Pioli, but he did trade down before taking Baldwin and with the pick he got for trading down he chose Justin Houston.

It sucks that Baldwin was just another player I pimped that year...shit I said a few times way before the draft that he would probably be the pick.

At least we got Houston.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. She's pretty warmed up though.

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Avery is garbage. He bounces from team to team for a reason. Nobody wants him. He sucks.

You are fired up tonight.....

With that being said, I do agree, hes a pretty average receiver. But, that just explains how bad Baldwin is.

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:15 PM

I'm guessing he catches 1 TD this year. You heard it here first folks

jd1020
08-15-2013, 08:16 PM

At least 1 or just 1?

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:16 PM
At least 1 or just 1?

Just 1. Hey he can start his own brand of shoes and athletic gear/apparel. Call it "Just 1"

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I could see the Chiefs keeping 5 wr's and running an extra tight end.

Keeping Fasano, Kelce, Moeaki, and Demetrius.

There aren't 6 wr's to make this team....

Harris is practice squad if he's lucky. Dropped everything thrown to him the other night.

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Harris is practice squad if he's lucky. Dropped everything thrown to him the other night.

that could happen as well.

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm really intrigued by this Sippio kid. We might have found our diamond in the rough here.

In58men
I remember everyone was excited for Ingram and Chambers lol. Avery is the younger version, but suckier.

BossChief
Just cut the mother****er.When I was at camp, they said on the radio that KC is within 500k of the cap.

I'm not sure we have enough room to cut him being that would result in an accelerated cap hit because of his signing bonus.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. She's pretty warmed up though.

His skill set is worthless in a WCO. In this offense, he needs to be able to get open quickly with sharp routes and getting off the line quickly.

His only hope is to make it as a 4th or 5th receiver where he would be on the field in 4 and 5 wide spread formations and matched up on guys that he has a massive size advantage on...but even then his hands suck, so even if he does get open he will more than likely drop the pass.

Basically, he is worthless.

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I think we'll use or second round pick on a WR next year for sure.... Oh wait. :sulk:

Ace Gunner
08-15-2013, 08:23 PM

At least we got Houston.

tru dat

GordonGekko
08-15-2013, 08:23 PM

One of Alex Smith's 17 total for the season. "Verryy niiicceee...." ~ Borat

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:24 PM
I think we'll use or second round pick on a WR next year for sure.... Oh wait. :sulk:

At least you are sure you will win at least 8 GAMES!!!

notorious
08-15-2013, 08:24 PM
We are supposed to compete with Denver with this pile of shit WR group?

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:25 PM

... we'll win just enough to miss out on Marquise Lee. It's perpetual failure. But it's OUR perpetual failure!

Ace Gunner
08-15-2013, 08:26 PM
When I was at camp, they said on the radio that KC is within 500k of the cap.

I'm not sure we have enough room to cut him being that would result in an accelerated cap hit because of his signing bonus.

His skill set is worthless in a WCO. In this offense, he needs to be able to get open quickly with sharp routes and getting off the line quickly.

His only hope is to make it as a 4th or 5th receiver where he would be on the field in 4 and 5 wide spread formations and matched up on guys that he has a massive size advantage on...but even then his hands suck, so even if he does get open he will more than likely drop the pass.

Basically, he is worthless.

that's not true -- keyshawn was slow as **** but fit in Gru's WCO just fine. of course, Gru was with Reid in Philly & GB.

Baldwin isn't getting cut this year, if at all.

he's got to get off the line, he's got to run better routes, but he has a ton of talent.

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:26 PM

I don't wanna sound like a true fan and I sure as shit am fed up with mediocrity being acceptable to this organization, but 8 wins sounds fucking fantastic compared to last year. Hardest season I've had to endure as a fan. First time ever I had a hard time sitting down to watch the games.

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:27 PM
that's not true -- keyshawn was slow as fuck but fit in Gru's WCO just fine.

he's got to get off the line, he's got to run better routes, but he has a ton of talent.

At least I've heard he lost weight and is in good shape.

Eleazar

WR really seems to be just as much of a crapshoot as a lot of the QBs beyond the obvious 1st round guys.

WRs seem to take the longest of any position to learn to compete at the NFL level, doesn't it? I think the difference between the college and pro game is really wide at the position. If you're a running back you can probably contribute right away, but receivers take a while.

You can beat people with speed and athleticism in college, but the DBs in the NFL are all like the best guys you'd see all year in college, even if you played against good competition.

notorious
, but he has a ton of talent.

Not really.

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:28 PM
that's not true -- keyshawn was slow as **** but fit in Gru's WCO just fine. of course, Gru was with Reid in Philly & GB.

Must have misplaced it... or maybe loaned it to that friend who never returns things.

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:30 PM
... we'll win just enough to miss out on Marquise Lee. It's perpetual failure. But it's OUR perpetual failure!

oh, the jets are getting Marquise Lee. It wont even be close....Either them or the Raiders. Maybe you can get Sammy Watkins though.

BossChief
08-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Bowe, Avery and McCluster can all get open in those short and intermediate zones. Avery can take the top off defenses, too.

I don't think those 3 are nearly as bad as most of you make them out to be.

Andy Reid went to multiple NFC championship games with lesser receiving corps.

aturnis
Nope. Lee.

OnTheWarpath15
Reid used to take teams to the NFC championship with WRs like Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Freddie Mitchell.

Yeah, that guy named McNabb had nothing to do with it.

Bowser

At least we got Houston.

I refuse to tell the Bad Guy's Kaepernick story again. It's just too depressing.

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't wanna sound like a true fan and I sure as shit am fed up with mediocrity being acceptable to this organization, but 8 wins sounds ****ing fantastic compared to last year. Hardest season I've had to endure as a fan. First time ever I had a hard time sitting down to watch the games.

You are winning more than 8 games. The Chiefs will make the playoffs this year. This is a really good coached team, and the talent was already there. And Alex Smith has showed that you don't need great receivers to win. The Chiefs defense is going to be much better, the run game is going to be ridiculous. The Chiefs will be fine. Im starting to enjoy the WOE IS ME crowd....

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Nope. Lee.

You don't like Sammy Watkins?

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Not really.

Not a ton of talent, no, but he's tall, long, ridiculous vertical leap, pretty strong for a receiver, acceptable speed and supposedly does have pretty good hands though he hasn't really shown it yet in his limited opportunities. His problems are route running and getting off the line. And basically he seems pretty stupid.

bigdaddychieffan
08-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I think that McNugget is going to have a pretty big year if he doesn't get lit up too many times.

lcarus
08-15-2013, 08:35 PM
You are winning more than 8 games. The Chiefs will make the playoffs this year. This is a really good coached team, and the talent was already there. And Alex Smith has showed that you don't need great receivers to win. The Chiefs defense is going to be much better, the run game is going to be ridiculous. The Chiefs will be fine. Im starting to enjoy the WOE IS ME crowd....

I'm done trying to predict what will happen. I've thought we would be really good and turn out to be the exact opposite, and vice versa. This year I expect average so who the fuck knows.

BossChief
08-15-2013, 08:36 PM

Besides him being a first round pick, what the fuck has Jon ever done in the pros to show he belongs in the NFL?

Seriously.

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm done trying to predict what will happen. I've thought we would be really good and turn out to be the exact opposite, and vice versa. This year I expect average so who the **** knows.

Understood lol.

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Besides him being a first round pick, what the **** has Jon ever done in the pros to show he belongs in the NFL?

Seriously.

Nothing?

BossChief
08-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Bowser, can you imagine if we traded down and took Kaepernick AND Houston?

Wow.

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:43 PM
You don't like Sammy Watkins?

I don't like the possession of marijuana or the possession a of controlled substance.

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Bowser, can you imagine if we traded down and took Kaepernick AND Houston?

Wow.

Why don't you ever ask me if I can imagine stuff?

Ace Gunner
08-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Besides him being a first round pick, what the **** has Jon ever done in the pros to show he belongs in the NFL?

Seriously.

what did I claim he did. srsly.

he could be another Bowe -- brutal down field blocker and dominant across the middle.

I know he's a long shot at this point, but to say he isn't talented is just hate.

DeezNutz
08-15-2013, 08:47 PM

he could be another Bowe -- brutal down field blocker and dominant across the middle.

I know he's a long shot at this point, but to say he isn't talented is just hate.

He cannot be another Bowe because DB was excellent from the jump. Baldwin is going to be out of the league in 3 years.

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:47 PM

Doesn't block. Too big a pussy to go over the middle. Can't catch.

notorious
08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Doesn't block. To big a pussy to go over the middle. Can't catch.

No acceleration, can't make quick cuts.....

Mav
08-15-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't like the possession of marijuana or the possession a of controlled substance.

I understand.

aturnis
08-15-2013, 08:53 PM

Looks like this guy...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQ5NzU2NDQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc2MTcxOA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

http://media.kcchiefs.com/media/38070/baldwin_johnathan-n.jpg

BossChief
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM

Just hate?

FFS I was probably the guys biggest fan on this whole site. I pimped him to no end. Use the search function and search my username with Baldwin going oldest post first.

The difference is that I try to remain objective...even in admitting defeat.

For Jon Baldwin to be anything in this offense would take an epiphany.

Ace Gunner
08-15-2013, 08:56 PM

can't defend him. he has been less than that, really.

but he did have the sense to sit down on his route last friday -- that play clay gif'd.

also, don't discount the fact DBowe caught only 3 TD's last year. it was a really, really painful season to watch, offensively. just complete fail from top to bottom, offensively.

I can recall being stunned when folks said Jamaal was on pace for 1500 yards, and then he got it. I was like, shit... I don't recall much of that. it all seemed so pedestrian.