PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Just got back from the game...

Mr_Tomahawk
08-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Could have put a #7 jersey on Smith and fooled me.

Our awesome o-line was getting worked by the 9ers 2nd team.

We have no wide receivers.

The starting defense is a lot more fun to watch. Lots more pressure being applied to the QB.

The 9ers had the better Daniels...

Bray was able to accomplish as much as the previous 2 QBs in the 2 minute drill...not much. Give the kid a chance to get into rhythm next time....

5-11.

mlyonsd
08-16-2013, 10:06 PM

The starting defense is a lot more fun to watch. Lots more pressure being applied to the QB.

Bray was able to accomplish as much as the previous 2 QBs in the 2 minute drill...not much. Give the kid a chance to get into rhythm next time....

5-11.Uh, yeah.

Bowser
08-16-2013, 10:07 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/HLPHades/ImageMacros/ohnoes.gif (http://s293.photobucket.com/user/HLPHades/media/ImageMacros/ohnoes.gif.html)

Fritz88
08-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Sweet
Posted via Mobile Device

Three7s
08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
I really have no idea how this team could win 5 games. I think 2 is pretty generous.

AussieChiefsFan
08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Pretty much.

CaliforniaChief
08-16-2013, 10:11 PM
The over-reactions on this board are predictable, and yet they make me laugh every time I read them.

Chill out, folks.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-16-2013, 10:12 PM
The over-reactions on this board are predictable, and yet they make me laugh every time I read them.

Chill out, folks.

Where is the overreaction in my post...?

jd1020
08-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Where is the overreaction in my post...?

In before "it's just preseason."

Ace Gunner
08-16-2013, 10:13 PM
how was the play calling

In58men
08-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Couldn't have said it any better. Kelce sucks balls.

CaliforniaChief
08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
I was speaking more to the 2 wins is generous comment.

But we do have a wide receiver, and I would say 2.

We just aren't going there.

notorious
08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Vf5Sl.gif

Mr_Tomahawk
08-16-2013, 10:15 PM

How many of our starting wide receivers caught a ball tonight...?

aturnis
how was the play calling

Midseason form.

Three7s

Let me know when we throw the ball downfield.

GloryDayz
08-16-2013, 10:18 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/HLPHades/ImageMacros/ohnoes.gif (http://s293.photobucket.com/user/HLPHades/media/ImageMacros/ohnoes.gif.html)

http://www.maleenhancementnow.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Embarrasing-erection-293x300.jpg

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2013, 10:20 PM

Chill out, folks.LOL This. Same reactions every year. Most of which are justified.

I'll wait until the games count before throwing my tantrum.

Dave Lane
08-16-2013, 10:24 PM
LOL This. Same reactions every year. Most of which are justified.

I'll wait until the games count before throwing my tantrum.

Save up dude I want it to be epic!

CaliforniaChief
08-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Who knows why they aren't throwing to WR's? Are they getting separation, or are the QB's just not looking at them? Are they just running vanilla stuff? I have no idea. What I do know is that people are freaking out entirely too soon. Obviously they'll have to crank it up to be successful, but I think Andy Reid knows that.

Three7s
08-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Who knows why they aren't throwing to WR's? Are they getting separation, or are the QB's just not looking at them? Are they just running vanilla stuff? I have no idea. What I do know is that people are freaking out entirely too soon. Obviously they'll have to crank it up to be successful, but I think Andy Reid knows that.
I've seen this same scenario every year since the Vermeil era. Amazingly, not even I can recall a 1st team offense that REFUSES to at least complete a pass over 10 yards in 2 games.

Bowser
08-16-2013, 10:28 PM
From what little I've seen of these first two games, it seems to me that they are running the most basic parts of a WCO. Dump offs, screens, WR bubble screens, draws, TE out routes....

I'm just not concerned right now. Maybe I just don't care as much as I used to? Eh, whatever....

Gonzo
08-16-2013, 10:32 PM
JFC Every year. LMAO
Really? C'mon people. You know everything is going to be very vanilla In the preseason. They were trying to evaluate TE's and RB's tonight. Get with me next week and tell me how bad they sucked. Then I might believe you.

In58men
08-16-2013, 10:37 PM
JFC Every year. LMAO
Really? C'mon people. You know everything is going to be very vanilla In the preseason. They were trying to evaluate TE's and RB's tonight. Get with me next week and tell me how bad they sucked. Then I might believe you.

We're vanilla every game we play, don't be so blind lol. Nothing has changed this offseason. We got a mediocre QB who was benched by the likes of JT O'Sullivan, David Carr, Tim Rattay and Shaun Hill lol. Now all of sudden he's the answer? Give me a ****ing break. All it is, is just a nice fairy tale they want you to believe.

Bearcat
08-16-2013, 10:45 PM
JFC Every year. LMAO

Let me guess, we were going 11-5 after that one drive last week and now it's 5-11 after a couple of drives tonight. This place never disappoints. LMAO

In58men
08-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Let me guess, we were going 11-5 after that one drive last week and now it's 5-11 after a couple of drives tonight. This place never disappoints. LMAO

Never once did I say 11-5 lmfao. All season I've been saying 8-8. After the disaster I witnessed today, I think 6-10 is a fair argument.

In58men
08-16-2013, 10:49 PM
JFC Every year. LMAO

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/egesy5yz.jpg

Not everything is vanilla bro

BigMeatballDave
08-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Never once did I say 11-5 lmfao. All season I've been saying 8-8. After the disaster I witnessed today, I think 6-10 is a fair argument.

You just cannot ever predict a season on preseason play.

Detroit Lions, 2008.

In58men
08-16-2013, 10:52 PM
You just cannot ever predict a season on preseason play.

Detroit Lions, 2008.

I've seen this play calling every preseason and every game. Do you think Alex Smith is going to come out throwing the rock 8 yards or more a play? Get me a break.

Sorter
08-16-2013, 10:55 PM
JFC Every year. LMAO

Personally, I don't think it is efficient to only evaluate 2 position groups in an entire game but that might just be an individual preference. :)

Ace Gunner
08-16-2013, 11:03 PM
If I were to put a finger on it, I'd say the OL couldn't get much done and it wasn't just being overmatched, it looked like there was confusion on the blocking schemes during quite a few plays early on. Also, Hudson continues to get pushed into the QB's lap regularly.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2013, 11:06 PM

None that Alex Smith can play with, anyway.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Meanwhile teams like the Pats are kicking ass in preseason...Brady was 11 for 12...but don't worry, it's just preseason! Brady won't be good this year.

Torrey Smith caught a 77-yard TD pass last night...but just preseason! He won't be going HAM on secondaries this year.

bevischief
08-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Did you have sex with your man crush?

Simply Red
08-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Chaze Mcdaniels got JACKED UP! LOL - I'm just here watching it 'delayed'

Three7s
08-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Meanwhile teams like the Pats are kicking ass in preseason...Brady was 11 for 12...but don't worry, it's just preseason! Brady won't be good this year.

Torrey Smith caught a 77-yard TD pass last night...but just preseason! He won't be going HAM on secondaries this year.
Something tells me people are gonna be owning up A LOT to us within a few months. Not like I care, but it's still amazing how people fall for the same schtick every year.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Something tells me people are gonna be owning up A LOT to us within a few months. Not like I care, but it's still amazing how people fall for the same schtick every year.

This whole fucking fan base is naive as fuck. You can sell them spray-painted shit and they'll believe it's gold.

The Hunts knew what they were doing...

luv
08-16-2013, 11:42 PM
So, is Bray the new Stanzi?

Sorter
08-16-2013, 11:43 PM

Edit: No.

And his hair is so dreary and boring.

TribalElder
08-16-2013, 11:44 PM

Not yet, Stanzi has thrown a touchdown pass as a chief in arrowhead stadium. (unlike the other QBs on the roster)

Sorter
08-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Not yet, Stanzi has thrown a touchdown pass as a chief in arrowhead stadium. (unlike the other QBs on the roster)

I revise my statement.

luv
08-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes.

So, people here will be bitching about Alex Smith, demanding to give Bray more playing time, and probably calling for either Andy Reid or John Dorsey's head by the end of the season. Just bracing myself for what will be ChiefsPlanet this year.

Sorter
08-16-2013, 11:49 PM
So, people here will be bitching about Alex Smith, demanding to give Bray more playing time, and probably calling for either Andy Reid or John Dorsey's head by the end of the season. Just bracing myself for what will be ChiefsPlanet this year.

Yes to the first 2, doubtful for the 2nd unless we end up 4-12/worse ala the first season under the Chiefs previous regime.

luv
08-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Yes to the first 2, doubtful for the 2nd unless we end up 4-12/worse ala the first season under the Chiefs previous regime.

You're much more optimistic about this place than I am. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Save up dude I want it to be epic!

It doesn't matter; Lil' Davey won't learn from it.

Sorter
08-16-2013, 11:58 PM
You're much more optimistic about this place than I am. :)

I think the call for the Marie Antoinette treatment won't arise unless a Qb isn't selected early in the draft (or Bray/Daniel/Smith/Stanzi emerge as viable, long term options).

Sorter
08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
It doesn't matter; Lil' Davey won't learn from it.

Question.

Weren't Dave and Marcellus both one of the earlier supporters of geno and continued to do so until the draft?

i recall Fat Elvis being lumped in there as well but more flaky, for lack of a better term at the moment.

luv
08-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I think the call for the Marie Antoinette treatment won't arise unless a Qb isn't selected early in the draft (or Bray/Daniel/Smith/Stanzi emerge as viable, long term options).

I'll give you Dorsey, but they'll want Andy Reid gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Question.

Weren't Dave and Marcellus both one of the earlier supporters of geno and continued to do so until the draft?

i recall Fat Elvis being lumped in there as well but more flaky, for lack of a better term at the moment.

Yep. And then once Smith was sewer-lined in to Arrowhead, out came the vintage "Peeholi knows best/Cassel was the best option"/Lil' Chiefy True Fan Bullshit.

So shocking.

Tribal Warfare
08-17-2013, 12:12 AM

I hate making excuses concerning Bray's play like Cassel or Alex supporters, but Newsome didn't help him with the out route where he passed it high but Newsome should've been able to snag it. All the rest was Tyler, and his faulty mechanics that'll need to be fixed. As I said before within 4 year window Bray will either be a superstar or he'll be out of the league.

FloridaMan88
08-17-2013, 12:16 AM

Can't accurately determine how good the Chiefs WR's are with Alex Cassel at QB.

BlackHelicopters
08-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Condolences

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 02:20 AM

You mean like the 3 drops early on? Especially fucking Baldwin's drop.

Simply Red
08-17-2013, 03:38 AM
Question.

I was nice to Fat Elvis WAY too long - horribly poster.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 05:33 AM
Question.

Yes, I was. Sweet Homo is a dipshit.

I basically gave up on Geno soon after the Alex trade was announced.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 05:35 AM
Yep. And then once Smith was sewer-lined in to Arrowhead, out came the vintage "Peeholi knows best/Cassel was the best option"/Lil' Chiefy True Fan Bullshit.

So shocking.

You are truly retarded.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 05:39 AM
I'm convinced Sweet Homo cocksmoker is missing some chromosomes.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 06:16 AM

No, other than Bowe, there is nothing.

bevischief
08-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Did you make out with your hero?

KCUnited
08-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Guys, we already know what we have in Bowe, we need to see what this Anthony Fasano guy has though.

TEX
08-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Baldwin should be CUT immediately. That drop he had hit him in stride and is the type of catch EVERY WR must make. He was SCARED to haul it in for fear of getting hit. GOODBYE PUSSY.

Kalce has NO BUSINESS playing till GARBAGE Time because he DROPS EVERYTHING. At this point he hasn't shown anything that says he belongs in the NFL. Thank goodness for Anthony Fasano.

Brandon Albert has been in the league far too long to have his ass handed to him the way he did last night.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Our vanilla offense is not very good compared to other teams vanilla offenses. Happy now?

And 5-11 is an improvement from 2-14....right?

Last night I did not see a good team.

TEX
08-17-2013, 07:08 AM
No, other than Bowe, there is nothing.

This.

TEX
08-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Our vanilla offense is not very good compared to other teams vanilla offenses. Happy now?

And 5-11 is an improvement from 2-14....right?

Last night I did not see a good team.

But the Chiefs lost far more individual battles than they won.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 07:18 AM
The worst NFL team of 2012 just played a Superbowl team with one of the best defenses in the league.

What were people expecting?

TEX
08-17-2013, 07:20 AM
You mean like the 3 drops early on? Especially ****ing Baldwin's drop.

Exactly. The WR's are more of the problem, no doubt.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-17-2013, 07:28 AM
The worst NFL team of 2012 just played a Superbowl team with one of the best defenses in the league.

What were people expecting?

That was last year...

Kyle Orton and a jamaal charlesless chiefs team beat an undefeated defending Super Bowl champion packers team a few years ago.

There is no excuse for this team not to move the football against that defense last night other than we are not very good.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 07:38 AM
There is no excuse for this team not to move the football against that defense last night other than we are not very good.Sometimes, the Preseason excuse is a valid one.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Sometimes, the Preseason excuse is a valid one.

So there is no concern that our line couldn't hold their assignments...?

It's just preseason, they will try harder during the regular season, right?

Playcalling can use the "it's preseason" excuse, play execution can not.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 07:56 AM
So there is no concern that our line couldn't hold their assignments...?

It's just preseason, they will try harder during the regular season, right?

Playcalling can use the "it's preseason" excuse, play execution can not.

There are a number of legitimate reasons for what we saw last night.

The major one being that their defense is better than our offense.

It's also a new offense for this team. They are going to make mistakes.

The fact that this team had a fluke win against the packers two years ago means nothing.

bevischief
08-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Seriously?

In58men
08-17-2013, 08:19 AM
There are a number of legitimate reasons for what we saw last night.

The major one being that their defense is better than our offense.

It's also a new offense for this team. They are going to make mistakes.

The fact that this team had a fluke win against the packers two years ago means nothing.

New? What was different from last season? Looks like the same shit.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 08:26 AM
New? What was different from last season? Looks like the same shit.

New system, idiot.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 08:26 AM
New? What was different from last season?

I hope that is sarcasm.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Meh, I'm not ready to abandon ship yet. Always amazes how worked up people get over preseason games. I'll wait until the real bullets fly in Sept. before I make any sort of judgement.

In58men
08-17-2013, 08:29 AM
New system, idiot.

So that's the excuse we're using this season?

In58men
08-17-2013, 08:31 AM
All we're doing is throwing check downs out of different formations lol. Not sure what in missing here. Sure we take snaps out of the WC and pistol now, but all the passes look the same. I don't see a big difference.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 08:37 AM
We still throw check downs just from a different formation. Not sure what in missing here. Sure we take snaps out of the WC and pistol now, but all the passes look the same. I don't see a big difference.

The point is that the entire offense is learning a new offensive scheme that includes new blocking schemes. Players are going to miss assignments.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 08:38 AM
The point is that the entire offense is learning a new offensive scheme that includes new blocking schemes. Players are going to miss assignments.

You're only going to confuse her.

In58men
08-17-2013, 08:40 AM

Okay, so when we're like 1-4 are we still going with this excuse or do we draw the line somewhere?

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Okay, so when we're like 1-4 are we still going with this excuse or do we draw the line somewhere?

Because of the new system, they will very likely start slow.

Do you expect them to start 5-0?

In58men
08-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Because of the new system, they will very likely start slow.

Do you expect them to start 5-0?

I expect competition and I didn't see that one bit.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 08:53 AM

It's a 2-14 team. They aren't going to win the Superbowl this year. It's the first year of a new regime, and I'm going to give them a long leash regardless of the decisions they make that I don't agree with.

Look, my opinions on the aquisition of Smith are well documented. That being said, I'm not going to give up on the season in week 2 of the preseason. I don't wait 8 months to watch NFL football, only to declare the season a failure at the first glimpse of struggle.

You're being a huge vagina about this team all to prolong your pouting over Alex Smith. If you've already made up your mind on the 2013 Chiefs, then stop fucking watching them and stop wiping your vaginal leakage all over this message board.

In58men
08-17-2013, 08:55 AM
It's a 2-14 team. They aren't going to win the Superbowl this year. It's the first year of a new regime, and I'm going to give them a long leash regardless of the decisions they make that I don't agree with.

Look, my opinions on the aquisition of Smith are well documented. That being said, I'm not going to give up on the season in week 2 of the preseason. I don't wait 8 months to watch NFL football, only to declare the season a failure at the first glimpse of struggle.

You're being a huge vagina about this team all to prolong your pouting over Alex Smith. If you've already made up your mind on the 2013 Chiefs, then stop ****ing watching them and stop wiping your vaginal leakage all over this message board.

Enjoy your same mediocre Chiefs and hand-me-down quarterbacks.

Raiderhater
08-17-2013, 08:58 AM

You're being a huge vagina about this team all to prolong your pouting over Alex Smith. If you've already made up your mind on the 2013 Chiefs, then stop fucking watching them and stop wiping your vaginal leakage all over this message board.

Spot on.

King_Chief_Fan
08-17-2013, 09:00 AM
All we're doing is throwing check downs out of different formations lol. Not sure what in missing here. Sure we take snaps out of the WC and pistol now, but all the passes look the same. I don't see a big difference.

wide receivers don't get open, the line can't block....

Raiderhater
08-17-2013, 09:01 AM

There is a time to be rebels and there is a time to show some support. We rebelled last season demanding change. We got most of the change we demanded. In light of that, I think it is only appropriate to give the team a chance to see what they can accomplish.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 09:02 AM

Versus enjoying nothing?

How is crying like a bitch 12 months out the year a better option, and what do you think its going to accomplish?

I want the Chiefs to be great as much as anyone. I just don't see the point in declaring it all a massive failure in the second preseason week of a regime.

BlackHelicopters
08-17-2013, 09:03 AM

We will wait until the season is over and we are 3-13.

Hoover
08-17-2013, 09:11 AM
My thoughts on the game.

1. Perhaps the most significant addition to the Chiefs roster of coaches is Toub. I love the fact that I enjoy watching out special teams again.
2. The offensive line sucked last night. Lots of pressure up the middle. I'm not freaking out, but it was a little disturbing.
3. Frankly its hard for me to be upset at Alex Smith because he had people in his face all night. That said, Baldwin and some other receivers dropped some good passes. That is that's not acceptable, not Smiths play.
4. Where is D-Bowe? Thought it was interesting commentary on his route running by Green last night. Said he needed to flatten out his route when the QB is in trouble. So true.
5. I'm not a fan of dink and dunk, but at least Smith can move the chains by making quick decisions if his WRs are not open. Smith's timing on the check down is 100 times faster that MC.
6. I think Sutton is going to be a good DC. I like the way this defense plays.
7. How funny is it that Reid brings a couple guys with him in Demps and Jordan and they are more productive than anyone Pioli brought in from the pats.
8. I'm glad Davis got a lot of reps last night, but I think Draughs is a better runner. Davis is probably better right now in the passing game.
9. Chase Daniel had a much better game last night.
10. I think Fasano, Smith, and DeVito are all going to pan out.

Halfcan
08-17-2013, 09:22 AM
My observations before I fell asleep on the coach in the 4th quarter-lol

Baldwin- perfect ball, hit him in the chest and he drops it. Can't get separation and looks slow. Not sure how he can make this team- terrible camp and still can't catch. Time to move on.

T Jack- I might be wrong but it was him that let Gore around the end for the huge run play to start the game. He gets pushed around and then hits the Qb for a 15 yard penalty? Time to move on.

Agnew- Nice put block- but still can't cover anyone. Cya

O-line... wow that was pitiful, Albert looked terrible- several plays let guys run right by him. Every single Blitz worked for the 9ers.

Robinson- would have been burned on a TD in the 1st but SuperKape way over threw it. Then hurts his shoulder celebrating? Cya

Defense Grade- C gave up way to many yards. Poe dominated so did Berry. gave up way to many rushing yards even minus the big play. Couldn't contain the QB on 3rd downs.

Offense- F Too many dropped passes, terrible blocking, didn't open up holes in the run game. It is sad when it looks like the 9ers just televised the Blue Print to shut this team down- and it is only preseason. Chase still getting passes knocked down and shows no leadership. Bray seems to have the tools- time will tell.

Special Teams- A plus. Big returns for 2 weeks in a row. Great blocking. Kicking game looks great. Dustin might get to break his punting record if the O is going to play like this.

Coaching- D. Offense was predictable. I will Give Andy a pass on the first 4 down in our side of the field- that was gutsy and it worked. The second time in the 4th cost us the game. 9ers were totally shutting us down and had all the momentum in the game- Nobody thought it would work and running another draw type flip run/ busted no blocking play was doomed. The Chiefs did not make any adjustments in the second half and continued to get pushed around.

Announcers- I like Green but his Rose Colored Glasses need to come off a bit. To say it was a GREAT crowd just as the cameras panned a half empty stadium was pretty funny. Then Neil Jones in the parking lot talking about Awesome food and shows a nearly half empty plate with some chewed up rib bones made me laugh. They pimped Alex several times saying his stat line was Not as bad as it looks because of the dropped passed-LOL Yes Trent it was that bad.

Red Dawg
08-17-2013, 09:30 AM
I think Dorsey has done what he could do to fix the roster this season. Staff is fixed and our DB depth is better. We lack at WR badly. Bowe is it and then there is nothing on the outside to rely on. Maybe Avery can pull a miracle and be better than advertised.
Smith is no super star but it will be nice not to have a bunch of int's and fumbles losing games.

Ace Gunner
08-17-2013, 09:52 AM

Baldwin- perfect ball, hit him in the chest and he drops it. Can't get separation and looks slow. Not sure how he can make this team- terrible camp and still can't catch. Time to move on.

T Jack- I might be wrong but it was him that let Gore around the end for the huge run play to start the game. He gets pushed around and then hits the Qb for a 15 yard penalty? Time to move on.

O-line... wow that was pitiful, Albert looked terrible- several plays let guys run right by him. Every single Blitz worked for the 9ers.

Robinson- would have been burned on a TD in the 1st but SuperKape way over threw it. Then hurts his shoulder celebrating? Cya

Defense Grade- C gave up way to many yards. Poe dominated so did Berry. gave up way to many rushing yards even minus the big play. Couldn't contain the QB on 3rd downs.

Offense- F Too many dropped passes, terrible blocking, didn't open up holes in the run game. It is sad when it looks like the 9ers just televised the Blue Print to shut this team down- and it is only preseason. Chase still getting passes knocked down and shows no leadership. Bray seems to have the tools- time will tell.

Special Teams- A plus. Big returns for 2 weeks in a row. Great blocking. Kicking game looks great. Dustin might get to break his punting record if the O is going to play like this.

Coaching- D. Offense was predictable. I will Give Andy a pass on the first 4 down in our side of the field- that was gutsy and it worked. The second time in the 4th cost us the game. 9ers were totally shutting us down and had all the momentum in the game- Nobody thought it would work and running another draw type flip run/ busted no blocking play was doomed. The Chiefs did not make any adjustments in the second half and continued to get pushed around.

Announcers- I like Green but his Rose Colored Glasses need to come off a bit. To say it was a GREAT crowd just as the cameras panned a half empty stadium was pretty funny. Then Neil Jones in the parking lot talking about Awesome food and shows a nearly half empty plate with some chewed up rib bones made me laugh. They pimped Alex several times saying his stat line was Not as bad as it looks because of the dropped passed-LOL Yes Trent it was that bad.

Baldwin needed to catch that, for sure, but I wouldn't give up on him any more than giving up on Bowe when he dropped the easy ones.

Tyson J plays LDE, which is the side Gore took when the run play began. So, TJ actually stuffed the play and the rest of the team came in there as support on the pile. Gore peeled off the play and that is when DJ should have been waiting, but he was out of position and Gore went flying past.

With the one gap scheme, DJ needs to stay in position or this team is going to give up a ton of big plays on the ground this year.

It is so hard to let the play develop and wait for it to come to you before you go make the tackle -- it seems impossible for DJ. All that speed and athleticism is wasted when he doesn't play smart ball.

If he had simply stayed in position, away from the pile and waited for the runner, he could have tackled Gore for lil to no gain. That's what good backers do.

Albert was disappointing, to say the least. He doesn't know this offense, obviously. Holding out was a bad idea.

jspchief
08-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Agree DJ is the goat on the big Gore run. He stays home and that's a tfl instead of a big gain.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Baldwin needed to catch that, for sure, but I wouldn't give up on him any more than giving up on Bowe when he dropped the easy ones.

ROFL Okay

You are so delusional when it comes to Bowe.

This is Baldwin's THIRD season.

Red Beans
08-17-2013, 10:00 AM
There is a time to be rebels and there is a time to show some support. We rebelled last season demanding change. We got most of the change we demanded. In light of that, I think it is only appropriate to give the team a chance to see what they can accomplish.

Well said.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 10:00 AM

Look in the mirror bro. You've been taking for the Chiefs sorry schtick for 20yrs.

BlackHelicopters
08-17-2013, 10:02 AM

5-11.

3-13

Pablo
08-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Chaze Mcdaniels got JACKED UP! LOL - I'm just here watching it 'delayed'I did rewind it a couple of times for the lulz. Dude got fucking smashed.

Chris Meck
08-17-2013, 10:03 AM

I agree. He just doesn't have it.

I believe T Jack plays the left side, so that was Devito's mistake in containment. That roughing penalty was bullshit. T Jack, while not ever being able to live up to a #3 overall, has looked pretty solid and is actually getting some push in the pass rush. He's been a solid run defender for awhile.

I saw good and bad from him. He did get burned some, but also made some nice plays. You can't just jettison every young player that makes some mistakes.

Agree. They do not appear to be communicating well.

He hurt his shoulder when he landed on it. Kap overthrew it due to the pressure. Robinson looks like a solid nickel corner pickup so far. Methinks you overreact.

I would agree. I think individuals are getting a little TOO aggressive and not staying within what is already a very aggressive system. It's early, it's preseason, and guys are excited. I think it's entirely fixable. Agree on Poe, I think the lightbulb has gone on for him. Berry looks great in this scheme(s). Also thought Bailey flashed at times, which is good news. I disagree with you on TJack, and I thought N. Johnson, Abdullah, and Sean Smith all played well. Smith looks like a great addition. He mugs guys at the line.

Agreed. The dropped passes are inexcusable. I'll chalk it up to jitters for now, but it's got to stop. Daniel does look lame. Bray looked pretty confused, though. The blueprint to beating all out blitzes will be Charles in the flat and he didn't play, so I'm not panicking.

Toub looks like a great hire.

It IS preseason. They're not going to get too far into the playbook.

Well, minus the 3 drops, he'd have a line more like 10-16 for 100 or so yards. That's not horrible, to be fair. Still, not a good performance.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 10:06 AM
I was nice to Fat Elvis WAY too long - horribly poster.

This

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Well, minus the 3 drops, he'd have a line more like 10-16 for 100 or so yards. That's not horrible, to be fair.

And I bet we still wouldn't have scored a TD.

And homers would have pointed to that decidedly "average, yet not shitty" stat line to defend Alex.

So thank god for those drops.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 10:07 AM
You are truly retarded.

Or accurate...

Chris Meck
08-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Tyson J plays LDE, which is the side Gore took when the run play began. So, TJ actually stuffed the play and the rest of the team came in there as support on the pile. Gore peeled off the play and that is when DJ should have been waiting, but he was out of position and Gore went flying past.

With the one gap scheme, DJ needs to stay in position or this team is going to give up a ton of big plays on the ground this year.

It is so hard to let the play develop and wait for it to come to you before you go make the tackle -- it seems impossible for DJ. All that speed and athleticism is wasted when he doesn't play smart ball.

If he had simply stayed in position, away from the pile and waited for the runner, he could have tackled Gore for lil to no gain. That's what good backers do.

Albert was disappointing, to say the least. He doesn't know this offense, obviously. Holding out was a bad idea.

good football post. I agree with everything except Baldwin. The difference with him and Bowe is that by year 3, Bowe had shown something to go along with the bad. Baldwin's done nothing positive at all. He looks slow, for being big, he can't fight off press coverage, and he doesn't catch anything. He's terrible.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 10:14 AM
The difference with him and Bowe is that by year 3, Bowe had shown something to go along with the bad. B

Let's get real: Bowe showed something by his first GAME.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Or accurate...

Funny how people will align themselves with dipshits because they share the same agenda...

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:17 AM
And I bet we still wouldn't have scored a TD.

And homers would have pointed to that decidedly "average, yet not shitty" stat line to defend Alex.

So thank god for those drops.

Maybe we wouldn't of scored a TD but at least the offense would maybe have been in rhythm. You're all forgetting how nasty the 49ers front 7 is

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 10:19 AM
You're all forgetting how nasty the 49ers front 7 is

They could have been a lot nicer to Alex.

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:24 AM
They could have been a lot nicer to Alex.

Ya they could have :)

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Next week is another good test.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 10:40 AM
You are truly retarded.

And yet I called your bullshit perfectly.

Sometimes, the Preseason excuse is a valid one.

Sometimes, I scratch my balls.

TEX
08-17-2013, 10:42 AM
good football post. I agree with everything except Baldwin. The difference with him and Bowe is that by year 3, Bowe had shown something to go along with the bad. Baldwin's done nothing positive at all. He looks slow, for being big, he can't fight off press coverage, and he doesn't catch anything. He's terrible.

Totally agree. The sooner he's gone, the better. It wont take much for an upgrade. He is terrible. Bowe had shown SO much more after year 1, nevermind 3. Shoot, Sly Mo showed way more after year 1 as well. In fact, I can't think of any high drafted KC WR who showed less than Baldwin.

Molitoth
08-17-2013, 10:55 AM

This fanbase will give every excuse until they have run dry. Unfortunately the last regime lasted 4 years.

Halfcan
08-17-2013, 12:52 PM

Tyson J plays LDE, which is the side Gore took when the run play began. So, TJ actually stuffed the play and the rest of the team came in there as support on the pile. Gore peeled off the play and that is when DJ should have been waiting, but he was out of position and Gore went flying past. With the one gap scheme, DJ needs to stay in position or this team is going to give up a ton of big plays on the ground this year.

I thought I was confusing T Jack on that play- the TV coverage was terrible and it was hard to see who was doing what.

Yep you are right about Albert- he looked very lost- blocking the same guy while another defender ran right by him-lol

I hope they watch a LOT of tape this weekend and get this thing fixed- what a Train Wreck!

O.city
08-17-2013, 12:54 PM
The cut back was more on tamba not keeping containment, more than DJ.

In58men
08-17-2013, 01:01 PM
This fanbase will give every excuse until they have run dry. Unfortunately the last regime lasted 4 years.

Yep, all of our impact players will be old and we'll have to start replacing them at that point.