PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Offensive line

Pages : [1] 2

RealSNR
08-17-2013, 10:21 AM
WTF is their problem? I'm re-watching the game, and Jon Asamoah looks like a stud on one play and the next it's like the defender punched through his vagina and out his asshole. Jeff Allen looks mediocre all-around. Hudson is pretty good I guess. Fisher is generally pretty bad, and Albert is doing his job, but nothing spectacular.

Please don't tell me we have to go re-draft a bunch of interior offensive linemen. For as talented as these guys are and how I've seen them play in the past, they should NOT be sucking dick like this.

Hope Andy knows what he's doing, because this is a huge fucking issue that needs to be fixed pronto.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Anyone named Dorsey sucks, apparently.

Pablo
08-17-2013, 10:23 AM
It was a pretty efficient raping on the 49ers part. Not encouraging in the least.

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:23 AM
This line will take some time to gel. Hudson coming off injury, Allen in his 2nd year, Fisher is a rookie and Asomoah is inconsistency.

Dr. Van Halen
08-17-2013, 10:24 AM
It's almost like they are getting used to a new system. Weird. I can't explain it. And Fisher is acting like he's never even sniffed a real NFL game before.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 10:27 AM
if you include the missed time because of injury then the Oline is pretty young and inexperienced.

Albert veteran
Allen first year starting
Hudson 1/2 a year starting
Asomoah 1 and 1/2 starting?
Fisher rookie

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 10:27 AM
It's almost like they are getting used to a new system. Weird. I can't explain it. And Fisher is acting like he's never even sniffed a real NFL game before.

sarcasm is your friend

ROFL

RealSNR
08-17-2013, 10:28 AM
When your line is full of experienced talent like we have, a "new system" shouldn't make them suck this bad.

That's a bullshit excuse, much like "Alex Smith just needs to get used to his new team and personnel."

Ace Gunner
08-17-2013, 10:29 AM

:D

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 10:29 AM
When your line is full of experienced talent like we have, a "new system" shouldn't make them suck this bad.

That's a bullshit excuse, much like "Alex Smith just needs to get used to his new team and personnel."
:spock:

milkman
08-17-2013, 10:31 AM
I will be watching the game in about a half hour, but from what I saw last week, neither Asomoah or Allen have any consistency in getting under the pads and gaining the leverage advantage.

TEX
08-17-2013, 10:31 AM
WTF is their problem? I'm re-watching the game, and Jon Asamoah looks like a stud on one play and the next it's like the defender punched through his vagina and out his asshole. Jeff Allen looks mediocre all-around. Hudson is pretty good I guess. Fisher is generally pretty bad, and Albert is doing his job, but nothing spectacular.

Please don't tell me we have to go re-draft a bunch of interior offensive linemen. For as talented as these guys are and how I've seen them play in the past, they should NOT be sucking dick like this.

Hope Andy knows what he's doing, because this is a huge ****ing issue that needs to be fixed pronto.

Well the interior OL are all Pioli draft picks so...

Setsuna
08-17-2013, 10:33 AM
No more alexcuses

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:34 AM

Full of experienced talent? Albert is the only one besides Asomoah. The rest are not. Allen is in his 2nd year, Hudson is coming off an injury and Fishers a rookie. I'm not making excuses they were brutal. But like DJ said last week in the preseason it's never as good or as bad as it seems. We did move the ball at times. Our special teams looks rock solid except for some inexperienced guys letting that punt get blocked. The 49ers were blitzing the shit out of us. Remember that there's no game planning going on for these games.

Rasputin
08-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I didn't see any power strength for Fisher to move bodies in the run game.

MotherfuckerJones
08-17-2013, 10:38 AM
No more alexcuses

Fuck off jaguar fan. Don't jump on this team acting like you know shit or like this team.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Fuck off jaguar fan. Don't jump on this team acting like you know shit or like this team.
this xbillion

Fairplay
08-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Another 2-14 season I can see it already.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 10:40 AM
I didn't see any power strength for Fisher to move bodies in the run game.

he seems to struggle with power so far

Pablo
08-17-2013, 10:41 AM
It's almost like they are getting used to a new system. Weird. I can't explain it. And Fisher is acting like he's never even sniffed a real NFL game before.It's almost like he was #1 overall player and supposedly the most NFL ready prospect there was.

Fuck. Am I crazy for expecting the guy to come in and be good from the get go?

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 10:41 AM

Hope Andy knows what he's doing, because this is a huge ****ing issue that needs to be fixed pronto.
Schwartz needs to be on the first team. I don't understand bringing in a solid lineman like that and not using him.

Fisher isn't nearly as bad as some people want him to be given where he is in the preseason. Regardless of where he was picked.

Alex Smith was probably the worst offensive lineman yesterday. It's a bad sign when a QB that experienced that consistently misses the hot read.

DeezNutz
08-17-2013, 10:43 AM
1, 2, 2, 3, 1.

Your KC offensive line. No excuses.

Pablo
08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Just think how much worse this line would be if the master plan of selling of Albert would have happened.

LOL. It's a process.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Just think how much worse this line would be if the master plan of selling of Albert would have happened.

I've heard that Stephenson is awesome, though. We don't need Albert.

lcarus
08-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I missed much of the game. How did Albert do? Is he the best player on our line right now?

Simply Red
08-17-2013, 10:50 AM
OH CRAP IT'S THE SITH CODE!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/nxobzJA.jpg

lcarus
08-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Also how angry are people going to be when X player taken in the first round makes a big impact on their team and we're stuck with a struggling OT from Central Michigan? If that happens I mean.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2013, 10:51 AM
1, 2, 2, 3, 1.

Horseshit. You need 1,1,1,1,1.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Flustratin'

DeezNutz
08-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Horseshit. You need 1,1,1,1,1.

Fire up the smokers!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Fire up the smokers!

Cue the gif....

RealSNR
08-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Also how angry are people going to be when X player taken in the first round makes a big impact on their team and we're stuck with a struggling OT from Central Michigan? If that happens I mean.

Pretty pissed.

John Dorsey talked endlessly about "getting the pick right" when you have the #1 overall. So did a bunch of people on this forum afraid of taking anything else but an offensive lineman.

Well here we are. We still have a QB who gets jumpy when a blitz comes, and to top it off the #1 overall pick that had to be ready to contribute immediately isn't as NFL-ready as people claimed.

Fisher better improve and he better improve fast. I don't care if that means getting his hand fully healed or going to the testicle store to buy some new ones. He's gotta quit being a slapdick out there.

lcarus
08-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Pretty pissed.

John Dorsey talked endlessly about "getting the pick right" when you have the #1 overall. So did a bunch of people on this forum afraid of taking anything else but an offensive lineman.

Well here we are. We still have a QB who gets jumpy when a blitz comes, and to top it off the #1 overall pick that had to be ready to contribute immediately isn't as NFL-ready as people claimed.

Fisher better improve and he better improve fast. I don't care if that means getting his hand fully healed or going to the testicle store to buy some new ones. He's gotta quit being a slapdick out there.

I really liked Tavon Austin, but apparently taking him at 1.1 was too much of a "reach". There was really no team willing to trade up to 1.1 was there?

Simply Red
Pretty pissed.

John Dorsey is a gimmick. Sadly Carl Peterson is a better business man than Dorsey or Pioli.

I know you don't want to hear it, I even hate typing it out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Mmm...I loves me some recycled Right 53...

Pablo
08-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I missed much of the game. How did Albert do? Is he the best player on our line right now?Albert is easily the best player. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's actually paid attention to the guy his whole fucking career. He's a good LT.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Pretty pissed.

Please point to specific examples. It's easy to stand here and say "he didn't do well." I've watched every single run play. There was one on a 3rd and 1 where he got punched a bit and didn't open the hole like I would have liked, but name another where this "lack of power" negatively influenced the play. I didn't see many plays where he got dominated.

The idea that he isn't NFL ready is a freaking joke. He wasn't lights out, but he held his own against an elite defensive line. In his second ever preseason game.

Simply Red
08-17-2013, 11:04 AM
BTW, is Scott working for NFLn still? Do we have to see his face again all season?

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Albert is easily the best player. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's actually paid attention to the guy his whole fucking career. He's a good LT.

every fucking post around this place is some kind of shot towards someone else

it's like some 5 year old recess ... tag your it ... pulling pigtails

when did this place become full of skirt wearing pussies?

DeezNutz
08-17-2013, 11:05 AM
The Manuel hype train was in full force on ESPN last night. That will be mildly hurtful if any of that is based in reality.

Pablo
08-17-2013, 11:06 AM
every fucking around this place is some kind of shot towards someone else

when did this place become full of skirt wearing pussies?Welcome to CP.

Been here long?

Oh, and fuck off Laz.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Fisher got beat on that fucking 4th and 1 to start the game, too. :facepalm:

lcarus
08-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Albert is easily the best player. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's actually paid attention to the guy his whole fucking career. He's a good LT.

Yeah but all offseason all I heard here was how he's not very good, isn't even a top 15 LT, and should be traded. I say get him signed to a deal soon...

Simply Red
08-17-2013, 11:07 AM

& honestly don't get excited if Bray somehow gets some starts - from day 1 I've outlined that this is Bray's biggest issue. He will squat and poo - if there's any sign of pass rush.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah but all offseason all I heard here was how he's not very good, isn't even a top 15 LT, and should be traded. I say get him signed to a deal soon...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QiHaQZKXE9g/UF14-eA4SWI/AAAAAAAACuU/VHZDNgSw3LI/s640/jill-greenberg-crying-photoshopped-babies-end-times-17.jpg

Pablo
08-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah but all offseason all I heard here was how he's not very good, isn't even a top 15 LT, and should be traded. I say get him signed to a deal soon...You heard that from people that talked themselves into thinking a OT out of Central Michigan was worth the #1 overall.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome to CP.

Been here long?

Oh, and fuck off Laz.
been here longer than you

http://s12.postimg.org/ncha7kla5/image.jpg

jd1020
08-17-2013, 11:10 AM
I can't wait til we are picking replacement linemen for the ****ing 1st/2nd round studded OL we have now. It's already begun with Fisher and he'll be getting replaced in a couple years.

tk13
08-17-2013, 11:11 AM
I just think the Niners are that good, and we aren't. I think you're overthinking it. The Niners are one of the few old school teams that win by just whipping you up front. They completely dominate both lines of scrimmage. And now we're living in a spread offense/more finesse league, so a lot of teams can't handle them.

Look at how terrible we've handled the Raiders at the line of scrimmage the last couple years. They've just mauled us up front at times. I'm not sure our line is that strong against pure power.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2013, 11:12 AM
I can't wait til we are picking replacement linemen for the ****ing 1st/2nd round studded OL we have now.
really .. you can't wait ... you're looking forward to it ... can't wait until we lose a game ... can't wait until someone gets hurt

what other bad thing are you going to be happy about?

you bitch

jd1020
I just think the Niners are that good, and we aren't. I think you're overthinking it. The Niners are one of the few old school teams that win by just whipping you up front. They completely dominate both lines of scrimmage. And now we're living in a spread offense/more finesse league, so a lot of teams can't handle them.

Look at how terrible we've handled the Raiders at the line of scrimmage the last couple years. They've just mauled us up front at times. I'm not sure our line is that strong against pure power.

Over thinking backups demolishing 1st/2nd round picks?

tk13
The Manuel hype train was in full force on ESPN last night. That will be mildly hurtful if any of that is based in reality.

I still haven't seen him play but I watched a bit of NFL Network and they were saying the same thing. They thought he clearly looked like the most ready rookie QB.

Hammock Parties
It was suggested on twitter last night that we need to give Fisher time to develop until he can match up against guys like Parys Haralson.

Am I stupid or should he be hitting the ground running against average guys like that?

Pablo
08-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I think the truefanclap.gif is probably appropriate here. It was an outstanding pick and we just need to wait a couple of months (or years) before everything gels and comes together. Our line is struggling now, but 2014 is looking bright!

Just be optimistic guys. Don't expect a #1 overall pick to look competent.

vailpass
08-17-2013, 11:15 AM
been here longer than you

http://s12.postimg.org/ncha7kla5/image.jpg

:)

Mr. Laz

we lost by 2 points to arguably the best team in the league

one of the best defenses in the league
one of the best defensive lines in the league

but hey ... don't let reality get in the way of you bleeding all over your pink dress

Pablo
Over thinking backups demolishing 1st/2nd round picks?Hey, the niners are good! Second stringers on their team are easily like first stringers for the rest of the league.

jd1020
08-17-2013, 11:16 AM
really .. you can't wait ... you're looking forward to it ... can't wait until we lose a game ... can't wait until someone gets hurt

you bitch

ROFL

Go fuck yourself Laz. You are a joke much like this team.

Spending the #1 overall pick on a RT who was admittedly not the best available at his position, but he has the "greatest potential" and he can't even be bothered to put a hand on a backup.

tk13
08-17-2013, 11:17 AM

6 months ago the Niners were 3 points and a goal line stand from winning the Super Bowl. The Chiefs were the worst team in the league. It's not good... but it's not outrageous either. Their organization is miles ahead of us at this point.

jd1020

but hey ... don't let reality get in the way of you bleeding all over your pink dress

We played "arguably the best team in the league" for about 5 fucking minutes you moron.

Pablo
ROFL

Go fuck yourself Laz. You are a joke much like this team.

Spending the #1 overall pick on a RT who was admittedly not the best available at his position, but he has the "greatest potential" and he can't even be bothered to put a hand on a backup.Hey now. If you aren't spewing happytimecottoncandykittensgumdrops talk, you can get the fuck out of here and stop being such a bitch!

In58men
08-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Andy Reid is soft. Just another Crennel.

Pablo
08-17-2013, 11:19 AM
6 months ago the Niners were 3 points and a goal line stand from winning the Super Bowl. The Chiefs were the worst team in the league. It's not good... but it's not outrageous either. Their organization is miles ahead of us at this point.Yeah. They're a good team. Our line full of high picks and the most NFL ready prospect in this draft should have looked competent.

They didn't.

Red Dawg
08-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Yeah, it's just crazy. Didn't we get Fisher from the Browns.

LoneWolf
08-17-2013, 11:22 AM
I think the truefanclap.gif is probably appropriate here. It was an outstanding pick and we just need to wait a couple of months (or years) before everything gels and comes together. Our line is struggling now, but 2014 is looking bright!

Just be optimistic guys. Don't expect a #1 overall pick to look competent.

What if we just wait until he has actually played a game that matters, you bleeding vagina.

I'm sure the first few times your boyfriend fucked you in the ass he wasn't very good at it, but after a little practice he was an "All-Pro."

chiefzilla1501
Fisher got beat on that ****ing 4th and 1 to start the game, too. :facepalm:

The entire line was driving their defenders left. Fisher sealed his man allowing for the cutback lane right, which Davis slipped through. It wasn't picture perfect blocking, but he didn't get beat. The lane would have been even easier to hit but the fullback gets stood up a bit in the backfield.

lcarus
Damn I really hope things go well for this team and we start winning out of the gate. Or else it's gonna be a damn circus on this board. This fanbase is so jaded and beaten down. Pioli and Cassel years really mentally raped this fanbase.

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Andy Reid is soft. Just another Crennel.

Nice attempt at trolling, but Clay has this area covered.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Rewatched Alice. Two of his three sacks taken were b/c of blitzes. Blitzes he's faced for the past 2 years and should be able to deal with I'm sure. The other was coverage/Fisher.

Virtually all pressure he faced was the result of designed blitzes.

Squandered many opportunities with no pressure or while feeling phantom pressure.

For the most part, the Oline was fine unless being blitzed. That's classroom stuff.

tk13
08-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah. They're a good team. Our line full of high picks and the most NFL ready prospect in this draft should have looked competent.

They didn't.

Our line is talented, but they aren't invincible. As I said... they've struggled with the Raiders size and strength at times in recent years. Well the Niners have all that plus elite speed. They are a deeper, better team than the Chiefs at this point. But in the real world that shouldn't be surprising since they almost won the Super Bowl and we barely won 2 games last year.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Rewatched Alice. Two of his three sacks taken were b/c of blitzes. Blitzes he's faced for the past 2 years and should be able to deal with I'm sure. The other was coverage/Fisher.

Squandered many opportunities with no pressure or while feeling phantom pressure.

For the most part, the Oline was fine unless being blitzed. That's classroom stuff.

This. Like I said, Alex Smith was easily the worst lineman yesterday.

Jakemall
08-17-2013, 11:28 AM

The 49ers OL got eaten alive vs the saints in pre-season in 2011 when they installed the new offense. I think there's still time for it to get better...but holy F that looked bad yesterday.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 11:31 AM
The 49ers OL got eaten alive vs the saints in pre-season in 2011 when they installed the new offense. I think there's still time for it to get better...but holy F that looked bad yesterday.

Just because there is pressure from a pass rush, doesn't mean the o-line was to blame.

How many of the pressures and sacks were due to a bad offensive line versus Alex Smith missing a hot read / taking way too much time to get rid of the ball / having no pocket awareness? Much more of the latter. The offensive line needs to play much better, but much of yesterday's protection problems were Smith's fault.

TimBone
08-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Nice attempt at trolling, but Clay has this area covered.

Sadly, I don't think he's trolling. I think he believes everything he types.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Please point to specific examples. It's easy to stand here and say "he didn't do well." I've watched every single run play. There was one on a 3rd and 1 where he got punched a bit and didn't open the hole like I would have liked, but name another where this "lack of power" negatively influenced the play. I didn't see many plays where he got dominated.

The idea that he isn't NFL ready is a freaking joke. He wasn't lights out, but he held his own against an elite defensive line. In his second ever preseason game.

Dude got bitch slapped for Alice's third sack.

milkman
08-17-2013, 11:37 AM

Alex Smith has to be better at reading that blitz and making the hot read, but Albert clearly missed his assignment on that first blitz.

I know many of us want blame Smith, but from what I've seen thus far, Albert has played poorly.

He's missed assgnments and just been pushedvaround.

lcarus
08-17-2013, 11:37 AM
How much of it was because our WRs suck complete dick? Aside from Bowe we don't have a WR that even gets involved in the game. Unless you count McNugget as a receiver, but he only gets involved if its a short pass designed to get YAC. If we wanna go downfield and Bowe is covered, we're beyond fucked. Is there even a washup WR we can pick up? Someone that can at least occasionally make a catch on 3rd and 10?

milkman
08-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Just because there is pressure from a pass rush, doesn't mean the o-line was to blame.

How many of the pressures and sacks were due to a bad offensive line versus Alex Smith missing a hot read / taking way too much time to get rid of the ball / having no pocket awareness? Much more of the latter. The offensive line needs to play much better, but much of yesterday's protection problems were Smith's fault.

Wrong.
Both Smith and this O-Line have been equally culpable.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Dude got bitch slapped for Alice's third sack.

I have a preseason breakdown in another thread. If we're really going to scrutinize Fisher's night....
-He had one play where he got flat out beat on a speed rush
-Another where he got beat a little by the speed rush, but if Alex Smith gets rid of the ball, that's a non-factor
-He had another where he was bullrushed into Smith. Didn't cause a sack, but influenced the play
-On run blocking, I'm scratching my head on why people are claiming he's getting dominated in power blocking. Pretty tough standard when a game's entire run blocking game is judged on 2 short yardage plays against an outstanding defensive tackle. Plays where he did okay -- not good, not great, but not bad either.

It was an average game. He has to be better, but the doom and gloom or exaggeration that he's not ready is just plain ridiculous.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 11:43 AM

you bitch

He's being quite sarcastic you twit.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 11:45 AM

Funny how you think the score matters.

Ace Gunner
08-17-2013, 11:45 AM
mods -- please move thread to passive aggressive lounge -- thx

Pablo
08-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Funny how you think the score matters.
LMAO

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Wrong.
Both Smith and this O-Line have been equally culpable.

Which is a fair statement, except that people are using this thread to suggest that because the offensive line was bad, that makes Fisher a bust. The agenda's pretty clear.

I didn't pay attention to Albert. Fisher held his own, but had a few valleys. The linemen that concerned me most were the interior. And a lot of what people here are blaming on the linemen were problems Smith could have easily avoided.

New World Order
08-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I am rewatching this game and Eric Fisher looks BAD.

jd1020
08-17-2013, 11:53 AM

He's simply having an average game and holding his own. Just wait til he's playing starters, he'll be dominating.

lcarus
08-17-2013, 11:53 AM
The linemen looked bad because of Smith. Smith looked bad because of the linemen. Smith looked bad because of the receivers. The receivers looked bad because of Smith and the linemen. This could go round and round for days. Lets just chalk it up to the offense played like shit as a whole and move on.

Ace Gunner
08-17-2013, 11:54 AM

thank you for the insight

New World Order
08-17-2013, 11:54 AM
The linemen looked bad because of Smith. Smith looked bad because of the linemen. Smith looked bad because of the receivers. The receivers looked bad because of Smith and the linemen. This could go round and round for days. Lets just chalk it up to the offense played like shit as a whole and move on.

Move on to what? Chiefs dont play for another week.

lcarus
08-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Move on to what? Chiefs dont play for another week.

Royals? Yeah i know...point taken

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 11:57 AM
He's simply having an average game and holding his own. Just wait til he's playing starters, he'll be dominating.

So now the uprights are changing that the expectation is that he should not only be NFL ready, but dominant in his second preseason game?

New World Order
08-17-2013, 11:58 AM
thank you for the insight

Anytime

jd1020
08-17-2013, 11:58 AM
So now the uprights are changing that the expectation is that he should not only be NFL ready, but dominant in his second preseason game?

No one is changing anything. I'm simply mocking your belief that he played "average" against backups.

He played like shit.

Ace Gunner
08-17-2013, 12:00 PM

he's a rook LT playing RT and he's wearing bandages with splints inside on both hands. Stephenson looks even better and more brutal this season, I think they are fine if he has to fill in.

It's Albert I have concerns about -- hope he can get it together in the next two weeks..

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:01 PM
I have a preseason breakdown in another thread. If we're really going to scrutinize Fisher's night....
-He had one play where he got flat out beat on a speed rush
-Another where he got beat a little by the speed rush, but if Alex Smith gets rid of the ball, that's a non-factor
-He had another where he was bullrushed into Smith. Didn't cause a sack, but influenced the play
-On run blocking, I'm scratching my head on why people are claiming he's getting dominated in power blocking. Pretty tough standard when a game's entire run blocking game is judged on 2 short yardage plays against an outstanding defensive tackle. Plays where he did okay -- not good, not great, but not bad either.

It was an average game. He has to be better, but the doom and gloom or exaggeration that he's not ready is just plain ridiculous.

I agree. I do not think he is a bust our sucks. The guy was from Central Michigan. He is seeing greater competition, men with ability and technique he's never seen.

I'm not making excuses for him. But when you see him get beat, is almost obvious he's awkward, as though the switch from left to right isn't natural to him. As athletic as he is, he should get comfortable in time and it should all slow down. I think he'll be done in the long run.

People don't give enough thought to switching sides.

O.city
08-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Albert wasn't good last night.

Lots of exotic blitzes that they've never seen, gotta figure it out. Reid's a good coach and this is a good staff, it will get worked iut

jd1020
08-17-2013, 12:03 PM
It's Albert I have concerns about -- hope he can get it together in the next two weeks..

Meh.

Albert is gone after this year. I couldn't care less about him.

Fisher is the future of this team and so far, throughout camp and preseason, it's not looking good for a #1 overall pick.

Ace Gunner
08-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Meh.

Albert is gone after this year. I couldn't care less about him.

agreed, but Albert could open the door to Chase Daniel -- a door I'd rather keep closed and locked :D

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Which is a fair statement, except that people are using this thread to suggest that because the offensive line was bad, that makes Fisher a bust. The agenda's pretty clear.

I didn't pay attention to Albert. Fisher held his own, but had a few valleys. The linemen that concerned me most were the interior. And a lot of what people here are blaming on the linemen were problems Smith could have easily avoided.

This.

I thought Albert was fine. He only got "beat" once that I recall. That was on a blitz up the middle. The blitz pushed Alive so far back in the pocket that the edge rusher didn't have to get around the edge, and Albert probably assumed he'd run himself straight out of the play, only Smith was clear back there.

Most of the real pressure came on blitzed though.

San Fran blitzed all fucking night.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 12:09 PM
No one is changing anything. I'm simply mocking your belief that he played "average" against backups.

He played like shit.

I've watched Black, Terry, Welbourn, Richardson, and others play Right Tackle. Fisher doesn't play like those guys. He isn't playing like shit. Of course that's going to happen when people pass off the majority of plays where he does his job fine, and then raise a huge stink when he makes a few mistakes.

He's not playing great, but he's doing fine for the level he should be at. But that will never be the case, because the expectations for those who hate the pick are just way too impossible to hit. If he's not winning 95% of the battles by game 1, he'll be labeled a bust.

He's a rookie in the second preseason game of a shortened training camp, switching sides on the line, playing competition far greater than what he's used to. Even injury aside, he's playing fine. Your expectation of him is just outrageous this early on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 12:10 PM
The line may struggle some with Fisher being out of his "natural position", but that doesn't alexcuse a lack of vision and refusing to make the throws.

New World Order
08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Albert wasn't good last night.

Lots of exotic blitzes that they've never seen, gotta figure it out. Reid's a good coach and this is a good staff, it will get worked iut

You call blitzing off the edge and down the middle exotic?

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Alex Smith has to be better at reading that blitz and making the hot read, but Albert clearly missed his assignment on that first blitz.

I know many of us want blame Smith, but from what I've seen thus far, Albert has played poorly.

He's missed assgnments and just been pushedvaround.

I agree on the first blitz. Like I said, classroom stuff. Maybe he didn't realize RB protection was on the other side.

Though Alice has the ability to line him up on the other side when he notices dbs attached close to the line. Probably didn't b/c he's more worried about Fisher vs Aldon Smith on the right side.

Simply Red
08-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm going to relax today and celebrate that ThigLyfe post count.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:22 PM
How much of it was because our WRs suck complete dick? Aside from Bowe we don't have a WR that even gets involved in the game. Unless you count McNugget as a receiver, but he only gets involved if its a short pass designed to get YAC. If we wanna go downfield and Bowe is covered, we're beyond fucked. Is there even a washup WR we can pick up? Someone that can at least occasionally make a catch on 3rd and 10?

I think a lot of people are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the majority of our passing offense is going to be short pass plays designed for YAC.

A lot of the receivers routes were designed solely to clear the short passing zones. In essence, Bowe was a decoy a lot.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Royals? Yeah i know...point taken

Baseball is gay.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
The line may struggle some with Fisher being out of his "natural position", but that doesn't alexcuse a lack of vision and refusing to make the throws.

This is the flag that worries me more. The expectation for Fisher should be that he's going to make plenty of mistakes early on. The expectation for Smith is that he has more than enough experience that these basic mistakes shouldn't still be happening.

Whosurdaddy
08-17-2013, 12:29 PM
alexcuse

Stop.... Jesus Christ.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:31 PM
This is the flag that worries me more. The expectation for Fisher should be that he's going to make plenty of mistakes early on. The expectation for Smith is that he has more than enough experience that these basic mistakes shouldn't still be happening.

Agree completely. Gold Alive to a high standard. Especially against a defense he saw everyday for the last two years.

Nobody ever said Fisher was NFL ready, our that he would dominate our the gate. I know you expect it, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he won't grow into a dominant tackle.

aturnis
08-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Stop.... Jesus Christ.

Don't like it, go to the Coalition. Excuses need to stop.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-17-2013, 12:33 PM
1, 2, 2, 3, 1.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm going to relax today and celebrate that ThigLyfe post count.

Solid.

This.

Stop.... Jesus Christ.

Nevar.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Agree completely. Gold Alive to a high standard. Especially against a defense he saw everyday for the last two years.

Nobody ever said Fisher was NFL ready, our that he would dominate our the gate. I know you expect it, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he won't grow into a dominant tackle.

The problem is that people on this board liked Fisher over Joeckl (even if many wanted Geno instead of either of those guys) and it was because Joeckl was more NFL ready, but had no upside.

Now the uprights are changing, just because people don't like the pick. Suddenly, everybody now expects Fisher to be NFL ready and dominating at a new position.

jd1020
08-17-2013, 12:51 PM
The problem is that people on this board liked Fisher over Joeckl (even if many wanted Geno instead of either of those guys) and it was because Joeckl was more NFL ready, but had no upside.

Now the uprights are changing, just because people don't like the pick. Suddenly, everybody now expects Fisher to be NFL ready and dominating at a new position.

I didn't want either because picking a non playmaker #1 overall is a fucking joke.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Joeckel plays tonight.

He was pretty solid last week. Gonna be interesting to see how he does compared to Fisher in Week 2.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 01:14 PM
I didn't want either because picking a non playmaker #1 overall is a ****ing joke.

You are moving the uprights. I didn't want the fisher pick either. Nor did I want joeckl. That doesn't mean I'm going to root for fisher to fail.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Joeckel plays tonight.

He was pretty solid last week. Gonna be interesting to see how he does compared to Fisher in Week 2.

It was a cp consensus that if we had to choose between the two, almost everyone wanted fisher. And we all we acknowledged it was because of upside even if he was less Nfl ready. So I hardly see why this matters.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 01:20 PM
It was a cp consensus that if we had to choose between the two, almost everyone wanted fisher. And we all we acknowledged it was because of upside even if he was less Nfl ready. So I hardly see why this matters.

Fuck "upside." He's a goddamn #1 pick. He should NOT be getting roasted by average pass rushers.

If Eric Fisher has any more games like last night, chicken little is going HAM.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Fisher has a shoulder injury now, BTW.

Can't stay healthy, can't block Parys Haralson.

RealSNR
08-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Can't stay healthy, can't block Paris Hilton.

FYP

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 01:54 PM

Can't stay healthy, can't block Parys Haralson.

And yet, not a mouse fart about Geno Smith getting injured and playing less than perfect because he's bothered by his ankle injury. Funny how that works. Getting injured once early on is hardly a sign that a guy can't stay healthy. Neither guy is "injury prone" or a pussy because they are injured early on. Give me a fucking break.

And the panic over the game he had is ridiculous. He played like an average Right Tackle. It just so happens that guys like John Welbourn don't get scrutinized snap by snap.

58-4ever
08-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Jesus, I'll come back to this place after week 2. You guys are a bunch of pussies.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 01:57 PM
**** "upside." He's a goddamn #1 pick. He should NOT be getting roasted by average pass rushers.

If Eric Fisher has any more games like last night, chicken little is going HAM.

If people are wanting Joeckl over Fisher now if they had a choice between the two because Joeckl is more NFL-ready, then this is one of the most unbelievably hypocritical comments ever made on CP. The reason nobody wanted Joeckl is because he was a conservative, NFL ready pick who could play right away but had no upside.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 01:58 PM
If people are wanting Joeckl over Fisher now if they had a choice between the two because Joeckl is more NFL-ready, then this is one of the most unbelievably hypocritical comments ever made on CP. The reason nobody wanted Joeckl is because he was a conservative, NFL ready pick who could play right away but had no upside.

I wanted neither.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Jesus, I'll come back to this place after week 2. You guys are a bunch of pussies.

ROFL @ a goddamned Sooner from pussy-assed Overland Park calling me a pussy.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 02:03 PM
He played like an average Right Tackle. .

He was a fucking dumpster fire.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 02:19 PM
I wanted neither.

I didn't either. Most of us didn't. But that doesn't mean people can start changing their arguments. Before the draft, Fisher was believed to be better over Joeckl even though we all knew Fisher was less immediately NFL ready. And now people are changing the uprights.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 02:22 PM
He was a ****ing dumpster fire.

Barry Richardson was getting flat-out burnt on every single passing down. Fisher got beat on one or two, and gave up a coverage pressure in two others. On run downs, there are no battles you can point to where he blew a block -- just some battles where he may not have edged out as the winner.

Exaggeration at its finest. It wasn't a good or bad performance. It was average.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Upside is fine, but Fisher looked slow and plodding on that play where he got beat.

I expect a #1 pick to have elite athletic ability.

The guy was getting his shit pushed in on running plays too. Like, zero push.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Upside is fine, but Fisher looked slow and plodding on that play where he got beat.

I expect a #1 pick to have elite athletic ability.

The guy was getting his shit pushed in on running plays too. Like, zero push.

Feel free to gif those running plays up, because I have no idea what you're talking about. I've watched them. In most cases, he keeps his defender locked and out of the play. In others, he's moving to the second level. The 3rd and 1 was the only play where he got a little beat, but he didn't get destroyed -- he engaged, then a quality lineman put a good punch on him. He is not dominating in the run game, but he's absolutely holding his own. Especially after a pretty good showing in week 1 against New Orleans.

On pass pro, he's not slow and plodding. He had excellent athleticism in college and the combine. He's gotta work a bit on his timing and footwork. That's going to come with snaps and repetition as he adjusts to the right side.

58-4ever
08-17-2013, 02:33 PM
ROFL @ a goddamned Sooner from pussy-assed Overland Park calling me a pussy.

What's your point.... Pussy

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 02:34 PM
On that 4th and 1 play, the RB literally bounced off the defender Fisher was supposed to block. That's bad.

I thought Fisher was supposed to be incredibly strong. He was getting pushed around.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 02:50 PM
On that 4th and 1 play, the RB literally bounced off the defender Fisher was supposed to block. That's bad.

I thought Fisher was supposed to be incredibly strong. He was getting pushed around.

Fisher is firing to his left, as is the entire offensive line. Moeaki is firing to his right.

Either the play was designed for Davis to cutback into that gap between Fisher and Moeaki, or the play was designed to go left but there was a massive wall. Either Fisher was supposed to be out of the play or he was successful in sealing off a cutback lane. So to say that the defender hit him because Fisher didn't do his job is silly. Either the left side did a really horrible job, or Davis didn't cutback soon enough (because the hole was huge and it was there).

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 02:56 PM
The guy didn't seal off shit. He got owned off the snap and ended up on his knees. You are such a dumb homer.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 03:33 PM
The guy didn't seal off shit. He got owned off the snap and ended up on his knees. You are such a dumb homer.

Fisher is firing off the snap left. Asamoah executes pretty much the same exact block, which is basically to seal his guy left. Fisher's job is to do the same. He loses on the initial punch and doesn't get the guy to the left soon enough, but he does it enough to open up the C gap.

And he is on his knees, just as Asamoah is, because he is pushing his defender out of the gap.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 03:55 PM
The guy gets way too much penetration. Fisher isn't in control at all there. He lost. Deal with it.

Sandy Vagina
08-17-2013, 04:00 PM
every ****ing post around this place is some kind of shot towards someone else

when did this place become full of skirt wearing pussies?

Hahaha, so much of THIS. :)

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 04:01 PM
The guy gets way too much penetration. Fisher isn't in control at all there. He lost. Deal with it.

It doesn't matter if he's getting a push left because that's away from where the play was going.

What Fisher did wrong was not win the immediate battle so McDonald is driven out just a smidge too late. But the gap does open. If we're seriously going to get on his case for not dominating that battle against a terrific DT like McDonald, then we are nitpicking. It wasn't a perfect block. I've said that. But it got the job done and he didn't get clowned as you like to claim.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Well, it's cool to see you erring on the side of homer for another season, at least.

Sandy Vagina
08-17-2013, 04:16 PM
This.

I thought Albert was fine. He only got "beat" once that I recall. That was on a blitz up the middle. The blitz pushed Alive so far back in the pocket that the edge rusher didn't have to get around the edge, and Albert probably assumed he'd run himself straight out of the play, only Smith was clear back there.

Most of the real pressure came on blitzed though.

San Fran blitzed all ****ing night.

There would have been no way to know. The Chiefs were bunched up heavy on the left, and it was a clever DB blitz that slipped through clean. The blocking RB was the only player that could have had a shot at getting between QB and DB, but he blocked the interior line and had no clue of the outside rusher.

Instant pressure and there were no immediate hot routes available. Everyone was running with their backs to the QB.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, it's cool to see you erring on the side of homer for another season, at least.

I've said Fisher hasn't been good and have pointed out a few mistakes. It's sad that defending against exaggerated criticism makes you a homer.

Also, I didn't defend the Alex Smith trade and still don't.

Dave Lane
08-17-2013, 04:33 PM
It was a pretty efficient raping on the 49ers part. Not encouraging in the least.

Look as long as we don't play any teams that are any good or that have a winning record we will be fine, why is everyone so worried?

Pablo
08-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Look as long as we don't play any teams that are any good or that have a winning record we will be fine, why is everyone so worried?It's just important that we understand the second string for the 49ers is really, really good. They're practically like their own NFL team and stuff.

Our line and offense looking shitty isn't that big of a deal since it was a really kick ass second team.

I mean, when the bullets start flying for real then we'll see them start to kick the motherloving shit out of second stringers!

TEX
08-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Joeckel plays tonight.

Is he playing the 49'ers? Is he playing a new position? How did the two do at their respective positions week 1?

Either way you're still a little bitch boy...

New World Order
08-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Is he playing the 49'ers? Is he playing a new position? How did the two do at their respective positions week 1?

Either way you're still a little bitch boy...

Yes he is. I believe Joeckel has been lining up at RT and has been impressive at practice.

KCwolf
08-17-2013, 07:23 PM

100% positive ..... Your evaulation = ZERO

Easy 6
08-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Another 2-14 season I can see it already.

Ohhh c'mon... don't put too much into preseason.

10-6 that's the name of the game, i don't expect any less.

Dave Lane
08-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Ohhh c'mon... don't put too much into preseason.

10-6 that's the name of the game, i don't expect any less.

You serious with dat shit?

9er guy
08-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Well we know they can run block.........right?

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes he is. I believe Joeckel has been lining up at RT and has been impressive at practice.

Jfc. This place has gone full retard.

People so hateful of the fisher pick they are now pissy he isn't joeckl, just months after we built a rally to not draft joeckl.

Easy 6
08-17-2013, 08:14 PM
You serious with dat shit?

Dead serious, the available talent with a seriously seasoned coaching staff, plus a losers schedule... yep, i'm serious... I have NO doubt this thing was designed, planned, to win now.

So, win now.

SanDiego49er
08-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I think your O Line will be fine. I like your Tackles a lot. You have some new guys on there. And some young ones like Fisher. It takes time, consistency, continuity and familiarity. They have to be a cohesive unit. That just takes a while. It doesn't happen right away. Give it a little time to gel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2013, 09:49 PM
I didn't either. Most of us didn't. But that doesn't mean people can start changing their arguments. Before the draft, Fisher was believed to be better over Joeckl even though we all knew Fisher was less immediately NFL ready. And now people are changing the uprights.

Fisher and Jokel may prove everyone wrong in the end but if I had to make the call today, I say firmly that the herd mentality about "Linemen being where you spend your high pick in 2013" is about to be proven for the complete stupidity that it truly was and is.

New World Order
08-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Jfc. This place has gone full retard.

People so hateful of the fisher pick they are now pissy he isn't joeckl, just months after we built a rally to not draft joeckl.

I just wish Fisher looked good, he has looked awful. The rally wasn't against Joeckel, but drafting a tackle at 1.1.

chiefzilla1501
08-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Fisher and Jokel may prove everyone wrong in the end but if I had to make the call today, I say firmly that the herd mentality about "Linemen being where you spend your high pick in 2013" is about to be proven for the complete stupidity that it truly was and is.

Let me clear about something...

My preference was to draft Geno Smith. I don't care where he fell. But they didn't. When they didn't, there was a debate about who the drafted tackle should be. By a mile, the preference was for Fisher over Joeckle. Anybody but Joeckl.

So to hear Joeckl's name... c'mon, seriously. YOu may disagree with the 1.1 pick, but Joeckl's name should NEVER enter the conversation.

bigjosh
08-18-2013, 12:28 AM
I just wish Fisher looked good, he has looked awful. The rally wasn't against Joeckel, but drafting a tackle at 1.1.

eh, the books not written yet. im less worried about our o=line than our inept qb play and lack of any real receiving threats.

but still

http://t.qkme.me/3vj20h.jpg

Sorter
08-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Fisher and Jokel may prove everyone wrong in the end but if I had to make the call today, I say firmly that the herd mentality about "Offensive Linemen being where you spend your high pick in 2013" is about to be proven for the complete stupidity that it truly was and is.

FYP.

Sheldon + Poe + Tamba + Houston= Ultimate Godzilla Sloth-esque destruction.

L.A. Chieffan
08-18-2013, 01:15 AM
I think we have a top 5 OL actually. DL too.

SanDiego49er
08-18-2013, 01:25 AM
I think we have a top 5 OL actually. DL too.

Your O Line is good. It needs continuity, consistency, time together. They need to develop some time in together.

Chiefs=Champions
08-18-2013, 05:36 AM
Your O Line is good. It needs continuity, consistency, time together. They need to develop some time in together.

Id prefer them to spend some time out together. We don't need no cabin fever feel me?

RealSNR
08-18-2013, 06:44 AM
FYP.

Tyson Jackson could be relegated to backup depth. Where he belongs. And we could re-sign Albert, keep Winston, and maintain that "continuity" that people claim is so crucially important for an offensive line.

Rausch
08-18-2013, 07:49 AM

I think if Hudson ever plays up to his talent/potential we'll have a top 5 O line even if Fisher busts...

MahiMike
08-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Watching the game, I started to get worried about the OL. Was wondering if this is an Andy Reid issue. Always heard bad things about Philly's OL....hope not.

Then again, SF has a top 5 DL there too...

RealSNR
08-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Watching the game, I started to get worried about the OL. Was wondering if this is an Andy Reid issue. Always heard bad things about Philly's OL....hope not.

And that's astounding to me. Didn't Reid make his mark at Mizzou and with the Packers as an offensive line coach?

Saccopoo
08-18-2013, 10:14 AM
I will be watching the game in about a half hour, but from what I saw last week, neither Asomoah or Allen have any consistency in getting under the pads and gaining the leverage advantage.

Bingo.

This has been Asamoah's problem since college.

As I've stated earlier, I wouldn't bee too surprised to see both Reynolds and Schwartz as our starting guards by the time the season rolls around.

Saccopoo
08-18-2013, 10:18 AM
I missed much of the game. How did Albert do? Is he the best player on our line right now?

Albert got worked. Complete opposite of how he played against the Saints a week previously.

Interestingly enough, the Saints defense seemed to regularly blow up the Raiders offensive line but couldn't do jack squat against ours.

Preseason.

I think it's probably best to reserve complete judgement until the regular season rolls around.

bricks
08-18-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't know why the Chiefs don't go with Schwartz as one of their starting guards? At least he gives you some experience.

I'm not a fan of Allen in the middle. I think he is going to be a bit of a problem this year.

RunKC
08-18-2013, 12:36 PM
FYP.

How is Sheldon looking so far? I haven't been following him.

Squatch
08-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I really liked Tavon Austin, but apparently taking him at 1.1 was too much of a "reach". There was really no team willing to trade up to 1.1 was there?

No team would have ever taken Austin #1. He's just too small.

Squatch
08-18-2013, 02:29 PM

The only thing that would happen is we would end up taking an o-line with our 1st in 2014. It's more than a herd mentality. All coaches and GMs are good with building around the offensive line.

Especially Andy Reid.

Ace Gunner
08-18-2013, 03:37 PM

speaking as a NYG fan, Reid's Philly OL's have been good.

stats;
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 04:04 PM
speaking as a NYG fan, Reid's Philly OL's have been good.

stats;
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/

Not recently.

Ace Gunner
08-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Not recently.

we're all familiar with the loser Reid put out last season. but it was only one out of a dozen successful seasons.

Squatch
08-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Philly's o-lines were usually really good under Reid. Losing Peters killed them last year. They also had other injuries on the line. Tre Thomas and John Runyan were bad asses for years there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 05:05 PM
The only thing that would happen is we would end up taking an o-line with our 1st in 2014. It's more than a herd mentality. All coaches and GMs are good with building around the offensive line.

Especially Andy Reid.

It's a stupid mentality for a team who's QB situation was the worst in the league, bar none. Hell even generational talents like Suh can go full-retard on you. Spending top 10's on fatties is just fucking ludicrous.

O.city
08-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Takes time for an offensive line to gel, these guys are all pretty young. Give it some time

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Give it some time

This is all our stupid fan base has been saying for years.

Nothing ever fucking changes.

O.city
08-18-2013, 05:19 PM
This is all our stupid fan base has been saying for years.

Nothing ever ****ing changes.

Congratulations, you've made football talk pretty slim around here and made the forum pretty unreadable, basically on your own.

If you expect an ol to come together that fast with a complete new system, staff etc, I don't know what to tell you

Pablo
08-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Takes time for an offensive line to gel, these guys are all pretty young. Give it some timeOK. I expect them to be pretty goddamn amazing when they gel then; considering their respective draft slots.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2013, 05:24 PM
If you expect an ol to come together that fast with a complete new system, staff etc, I don't know what to tell you

I expect Fisher to EXCEL in 1 on 1 blocking on the outside, especially against marginal players.

chiefzilla1501
08-18-2013, 05:29 PM

We all know that. I wanted a QB too. We're putting that aside because people aren't comparing Fisher to Geno. They're comparing him to Luke Joeckl. And there was a strong consensus from CP that Fisher should be the guy over Joeckl, if we HAD to choose an o-lineman.

That's not what this is about. This is about the comical turnaround, that the same people who crusaded against Joeckl because he was safe, are now the same ones crusading against Fisher because he wasn't safe enough.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 05:40 PM
We all know that. I wanted a QB too. We're putting that aside because people aren't comparing Fisher to Geno. They're comparing him to Luke Joeckl. And there was a strong consensus from CP that Fisher should be the guy over Joeckl, if we HAD to choose an o-lineman.

That's not what this is about. This is about the comical turnaround, that the same people who crusaded against Joeckl because he was safe, are now the same ones crusading against Fisher because he wasn't safe enough.

Eh, I see your point. That said, neither are generational talents at their respective positions and worth top 10 picks.

hometeam
08-18-2013, 05:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Smh</p>&mdash; Donald Stephenson (@Don59Wayne) <a href="https://twitter.com/Don59Wayne/statuses/369239882234753025">August 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tecumseh
08-18-2013, 06:04 PM
I wasn't in favor of using the 1-1 on the Oline talent in the 13' draft. So what's done is done and I'm puzzled Andy and Co didn't bring in some veteran FA Oline talent to allow a smooth transition. So Stephenson should get some good reps at RT while Fisher solidifies his fecal matter.

SAUTO
08-18-2013, 07:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Smh</p>&mdash; Donald Stephenson (@Don59Wayne) <a href="https://twitter.com/Don59Wayne/statuses/369239882234753025">August 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Sounds like its a bad injury
Posted via Mobile Device

Squatch
08-18-2013, 07:19 PM
It's a stupid mentality for a team who's QB situation was the worst in the league, bar none. Hell even generational talents like Suh can go full-retard on you. Spending top 10's on fatties is just ****ing ludicrous.

Want to root for tanking the season again and see if I am wrong? ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Want to root for tanking the season again and see if I am wrong? ROFL

No. This tanking shit is over. You don't have to tank to get the talent and to build the team. With the right organization, you can pick in the late 20's and 30's, and still kick ass every year.

If this team tanks; please just sell the motherfucker to an owner who will devote every ounce of his life-energies to it.

RealSNR
08-18-2013, 08:20 PM
OK. I expect them to be pretty goddamn amazing when they gel then; considering their respective draft slots.

Allen, Hudson, and Asamoah were Pioli picks. Not a good fit for the offense. We need to draft a whole new offensive line now.

And then give them time to gel.

Be patient, it takes years to get the offensive line EXACTLY right. THEN you can put in a QB and WRs!

Brock
08-18-2013, 08:24 PM
More high picks! Game's won in the trenches!

Psyko Tek
08-18-2013, 09:30 PM

how the fuck did we collect a Jag Hag?

notorious
08-18-2013, 09:33 PM
how the **** did we collect a Jag Hag?

They are called Jagoffs damnit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Who did Setsuna piss off besides Dane, anyway?

aturnis
08-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Let me clear about something...

My preference was to draft Geno Smith. I don't care where he fell. But they didn't. When they didn't, there was a debate about who the drafted tackle should be. By a mile, the preference was for Fisher over Joeckle. Anybody but Joeckl.

So to hear Joeckl's name... c'mon, seriously. YOu may disagree with the 1.1 pick, but Joeckl's name should NEVER enter the conversation.

WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THE TACKLE PREFERENCE CONSENSUS WAS! Stop posting this in every thread. It has ZERO to do with what he looks like on the field. Whether we wanted him, didn't want him or whether we're butthurt about picking him over somebody else has ZERO to do with how he has looked on the field.

He is, based on what we've seen, injury being a factor or not, the 3rd best OT on this team. At BEST.

unlurking
08-19-2013, 07:18 AM
WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THE TACKLE PREFERENCE CONSENSUS WAS! Stop posting this in every thread. It has ZERO to do with what he looks like on the field. Whether we wanted him, didn't want him or whether we're butthurt about picking him over somebody else has ZERO to do with how he has looked on the field.

He is, based on what we've seen, injury being a factor or not, the 3rd best OT on this team. At BEST.
This. The only person I see bring up Joekel is chiefzilla. I may not be seeing arguments from a bunch of Smith nuthuggers I have on ignore (really, what's up with the stalkers?!), but I just see someone making up arguments to bitch about.

TEX
08-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Albert got worked. Complete opposite of how he played against the Saints a week previously.

Interestingly enough, the Saints defense seemed to regularly blow up the Raiders offensive line but couldn't do jack squat against ours.

Preseason.

I think it's probably best to reserve complete judgement until the regular season rolls around.

Generally speaking you're correct. However an ugly trend with the Chiefs is when we see "issues" in preseason, and we attribute them as being preseason,those issues usually become problems during the regular season. This year I'm betting the Chiefs will have OL and WR problems with the OL play improving as the season progresses. The Chiefs are do dead in the water when it comes to WR though.

Chief Faithful
08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I went back and watched he OLine a couple more times. In general one-on-one I liked what I saw with the exception of Glen Dorsey dominating Jeff Allen. Glen Dorsey already looks better for the 49ers then he ever did for the Chiefs. RAC's patty cake defense was a bad period in Chiefs history.

Overall the only thing I didn't like as a group the OL did a poor job of picking up the extra rusher on some fairly basic blitzes. And, the RB's failed at their job of blocking their assigned rushers. They need to get that straightened out now. Good thing the 49ers blitzed a lot so they can get this stuff fixed before game 1. New offensive and blocking schemes are really showing up in the frequent mistakes right now. But, as one-on-one is generally good I have a good feeling the OL will come together a be really good by game 4 or 5.

planetdoc
10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/09/ranking-the-2013-offensive-lines-first-quarter/2/

PFF ranks all the Olines for the quarter of the season.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: -8.2

Stud: He’s not put forth a massive claim to a big contract at the end of the year with six penalties, but Branden Albert (+4.9) is holding up in pass protection.

Dud: Whoever lines up at right tackle. Eric Fisher can take solace in the notion that Donald Stephenson (-12.0) has been much worse.

Summary: Perhaps the one area where the team could really stand to improve. The problem spot is at right tackle where they seem damned with whatever they do, but the run blocking really hasn’t delivered as they would have hoped.

Great Expectations
10-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Who do you think we'd target in the off-season? Any big UFA's available?

planetdoc
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Chiefs will have some new members on the Oline in 2014. Jon A. and Albert will be FA, and I dont think either will be brought back. Schwartz might be brought back if his contract is reasonable.

I expect the chiefs to address the guard position in house (maybe competition among Rishaw Johnson, Rokevious Watkins, Chandler Burden, and possibly Schwartz). It seems like their are alot of Guards on the roster for this time of yr for them to be developing. I also expect the chiefs to draft a tackle in 2014....Reid has a history of drafting big uglies.

Chiefs will be athletic enough at the tackle positions with Fisher and Stephenson, but they need to get stronger up the middle.

After seeing what happened to Joeckel after Jax traded Monroe, I doubt the chiefs would be willing to trade Albert to Miami or any team regardless of how many draft picks a team offers. That being said, I doubt they re-sign him in 2014....they just have too much invested in Fisher.

mcaj22
10-09-2013, 03:33 PM

yea it's called our first round pick of the 2014 draft being the best tackle, guard, or center available

Mr. Laz
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Doesn't Reid have a history of Oline issues?

seems like his Olines in Philly were never playing up to their potential.

scheme? coaching?

Rausch
10-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Chiefs will have some new members on the Oline in 2014. Jon A. and Albert will be FA, and I dont think either will be brought back. Schwartz might be brought back if his contract is reasonable.

I expect the chiefs to address the guard position in house (maybe competition among Rishaw Johnson, Rokevious Watkins, Chandler Burden, and possibly Schwartz). It seems like their are alot of Guards on the roster for this time of yr for them to be developing. I also expect the chiefs to draft a tackle in 2014....Reid has a history of drafting big uglies.

Chiefs will be athletic enough at the tackle positions with Fisher and Stephenson, but they need to get stronger up the middle.

After seeing what happened to Joeckel after Jax traded Monroe, I doubt the chiefs would be willing to trade Albert to Miami or any team regardless of how many draft picks a team offers. That being said, I doubt they re-sign him in 2014....they just have too much invested in Fisher.

I can't see them letting both Big John and Albert go.

That would leave Hudson as the only lineman who doesn't suck out loud...

planetdoc
10-09-2013, 03:38 PM
probably, but that might not be necessary.

Alot of the offensive line problems have to do with them not working as a cohesive unit for very long, inexperience (among Fisher, Allen, and Hudson), injuries, and Alex Smith holding onto the ball too long (he historically holds onto the ball too long). The unit seems to really up their play in the 4th quarter which hints at ability if not consistency.

I expect them to continue to improve as the season goes on.

planetdoc
10-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I can't see them letting both Big John and Albert go.

where will the money come from?

Here are the 2014 FA
spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/2014/kansas-city-chiefs/

I expect the chiefs to try to re-sign Tyson Jackson, Akeem Jordan, Demps, and maybe Schwartz. I also wouldnt be suprised if the cut Dunta Robinson since only his 2013 money was guaranteed. Chiefs are already close to the cap for 2014 and still have to figure out what to do with Alex Smith.

Some is going to overpay for Albert in FA. Teams like Pit and Miami are feeling the pain of having inexperienced and unqualified LTs, and I doubt they will repeat the mistake when someone like Albert will be available.

That would leave Hudson as the only lineman who doesn't suck out loud...

his pass protection has been good, but he has alot of room to improve as a run blocker.

Sandy Vagina
10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/09/ranking-the-2013-offensive-lines-first-quarter/2/

Dud: Whoever lines up at right tackle. Eric Fisher can take solace in the notion that Donald Stephenson (-12.0) has been much worse.

Summary: Perhaps the one area where the team could really stand to improve. The problem spot is at right tackle where they seem damned with whatever they do, but the run blocking really hasn’t delivered as they would have hoped.

Still don't get why KC won't keep Sherman on the field more. He or whichever TE could help out the RT's outside/inside shoulder prior to leaking out as a pass option. Strange to see JC as the single back, and frequently getting dropped for +/- 2 yds. Having Sherman decoy or lead the way would help in the run game too. :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2013, 05:06 PM

I honestly think the talent on the roster exists but they need to figure out who fits where and to continue working together to develop chemistry.

At this point, I'd put Stephenson at left guard and Allen at right tackle.

jspchief
10-09-2013, 07:38 PM
How many times have I seen people around here expecting KC to have "one of the best Olines in the league" based on over-inflating the value of guys like Hudson, Allen, Asamoah, and Stephenson?

The reality is we have bunch of untested guys with no chemistry. Hopefully they grow as a unit as the season progresses.

Ace Gunner
10-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Hudson & Asamoah are running hot/cold every game. that's a big part of this. Schwartz seems to be more consistent, but isn't good at anything. Albert & RT (whomever it is) seem to commit penalties at all the wrong times.

Overall, they aren't doing shit. this team won't go far with this crap up front.

O.city
10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I thought the titans game was their best game overall. Just takes time.

RealSNR
10-09-2013, 07:54 PM
I thought the titans game was their best game overall. Just takes time.
And considering the superior ability of the Titans defensive line over the other defensive lines we've faced, that was a HUGE game.

We'll have to see if the trend continues against Oakland. The Turds aren't as good as Tennessee on the DL, but if we slack off Lamarr Houston will find a way to cause trouble, more than likely putting our offense in one of those funks for 4-5 consecutive drives.

O.city
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
And considering the superior ability of the Titans defensive line over the other defensive lines we've faced, that was a HUGE game.

We'll have to see if the trend continues against Oakland. The Turds aren't as good as Tennessee on the DL, but if we slack off Lamarr Houston will find a way to cause trouble, more than likely putting our offense in one of those funks for 4-5 consecutive drives.

Yep.

Ol is taking time, as we thought it would. They're extremely young, so it's just a patience thing with the group I hope.

O.city
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Snr, how much would it help them to be going up against Sheldon everyday?

Fuck

Direckshun
10-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I like both SNR and O.city.

We should all get drunk together.

I'll wear my formal shorts.

RealSNR
10-09-2013, 08:22 PM

I think O.City is a dad now. He probably has to go do lame stuff like feed and clothe his offspring.

Rausch
10-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I think O.City is a dad now. He probably has to go do lame stuff like feed and clothe his offspring.

Why?

Didn't he reproduce with a woman?...

Rausch
10-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Hudson & Asamoah are running hot/cold every game. that's a big part of this. Schwartz seems to be more consistent, but isn't good at anything. Albert & RT (whomever it is) seem to commit penalties at all the wrong times.

Overall, they aren't doing shit. this team won't go far with this crap up front.

Hudson lost a whole year to injury. This is basically his first year starting...

O.city
10-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Noice.

Imma be moving to springfield next year, you can be my plus 1 to each chief game for my season tickets

JoeyChuckles
10-09-2013, 08:26 PM

It's a trap invite.

O.city
10-09-2013, 08:27 PM

I'm a man.

( but yes, I do that stuff)

Ace Gunner
10-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Hudson lost a whole year to injury. This is basically his first year starting...

true, and we all expect this OL to improve as the season moves along. and I agree -- the TT game was by far their best. but still, they have got to become a more effective group.

Direckshun
10-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Noice.

Imma be moving to springfield next year, you can be my plus 1 to each chief game for my season tickets

Fuck and yes, my friend.

Direckshun
10-09-2013, 08:55 PM
It's a trap invite.

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Please draft more linemen. Pretty please.

RunKC
10-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Next year I'd like us to draft a WR like Jordan Mathews in the first round, but I'd like us to bring in a good FA OL.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
The ol is young and there's talent there. It just needs time.

We need playmaking offensive skill position players.

Like Sammy Watkins

Hammock Parties
10-09-2013, 09:07 PM

Like Sammy Watkins

Don't forget QB.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:09 PM
We don't need no qb, we got bray

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2013, 09:11 PM
We don't need no qb, we got bray

Please don't feed the troll

RunKC
10-09-2013, 09:12 PM

Like Sammy Watkins

Rodney Hudson sucks, unfortunately. He's not built for this offense.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:13 PM

He's been about our best ol the last few weeks and is getting better each week.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Please don't feed the troll

But I've goat lot of old stale bread. What do I do with it?

RunKC
10-09-2013, 09:28 PM
He's been about our best ol the last few weeks and is getting better each week.

You can't be serious

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2013, 09:52 PM

Make toast

milkman
10-09-2013, 09:53 PM
true, and we all expect this OL to improve as the season moves along. and I agree -- the TT game was by far their best. but still, they have got to become a more effective group.

You have, for once, displayed a firm grasp of the obvious.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Make toast

Icky stale toast?

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Icky stale toast?

Then bake it and use it as bread crumbs or croutons.

O.city
10-09-2013, 09:56 PM

I might.

Ill throw some to the birds

Sorter
10-09-2013, 09:58 PM

This.

I've never even though about making my own breading for chicken but I suppose that's viable.

O.city
10-09-2013, 10:00 PM
This.

I've never even though about making my own breading for chicken but I suppose that's viable.

My momma taught me how to make my own chicken breading. Itsa. Southern style. It's awesome.

Sorter
10-09-2013, 10:11 PM
My momma taught me how to make my own chicken breading. Itsa. Southern style. It's awesome.

Supremely jealous.

Saccopoo
10-09-2013, 10:51 PM

Rod Hudson has graded out as the top offensive lineman for this team in nearly every single week so far this season.

What in the hell are you even talking about in terms of him "not built for this offense?"

Sorter
10-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Rod Hudson has graded out as the top offensive lineman for this team in nearly every single week so far this season.

What in the hell are you even talking about in terms of him "not built for this offense?"

It's RunKC bruh.

Saccopoo
10-09-2013, 10:55 PM
It's RunKC bruh.

http://alllayedout.com/Images/Jay_Nod.gif#nod%20gif

Sorter
10-09-2013, 11:01 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxk8o35LQB1qdd8wro1_r1_500.gifhttp://alllayedout.com/Images/Jay_Nod.gif#nod%20gif

Saccopoo
10-09-2013, 11:03 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxk8o35LQB1qdd8wro1_r1_500.gif

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30900000/Jeff-Spicoli-Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High-sean-penn-30972170-400-205.gif

KCrockaholic
10-10-2013, 12:19 AM
After seeing part 2 of the Dorsey post-camp draft class, it'll be interesting to see how Bray ends up. Dorsey has looked like a genius to this point with the young guys.

thabear04
10-10-2013, 12:42 AM

Bread pudding

dannybcaitlyn
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Looks like the O-line is regressing instead of improving. I believe they looked better last year sadly. At least Charles had holes to run through. So is it the scheme we are running? Andy Reid o-line looked pretty bad last year with the Eagles. Did we ditch the zone blocking. I know some of the players are bad but looking at the Jags game with two new tackles at least Henne has been able to make plays down field. Scheme? Fire O-line coach? What gives?

Psyko Tek
10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
John Dorsey is a gimmick. Sadly Carl Peterson is a better business man than Dorsey or Pioli.

I know you don't want to hear it, I even hate typing it out.

don't want or need a bidness man
need a football guy
for 1.1 you should get a out of the box ready player not a project

PunkinDrublic
10-13-2013, 05:05 PM
How about Brandon Albert going out there and playing through some gnarly injuries in the game today. Dude is a fucking warrior.