PDA

View Full Version : Football I will never complain about our announcers again.

Rain Man
08-24-2013, 10:40 PM
By coincidence, I have now seen two Cardinals preseason games with their hometown announcing team. Their color guy is Ron Wolfley, who used to be a fullback for them and I think a couple of other teams.

It's almost impossible to fathom this, and I never thought I would utter these words, but Wolfley may actually be a worse announcer than Randy Cross. This guy is scary bad. It's like listening to a WWE wrestler who got an honorary Ph.D. and thinks he should now use big words. Plus, he gives nicknames like crazy that are terrible, uses metaphors that are abominable, and likes to use "insider" language that I don't think is real.

He just described a receiver as "a ladder with lips". I am at a loss to describe how bad this guy is. He's the announcing equivalent of ... well ... the Arizona Cardinals.

Buck
08-24-2013, 10:46 PM
You should hear Fouts trying to do play by play.

Rain Man
08-24-2013, 10:54 PM
"Sometimes you're the paddle and sometimes you're the pledge." Wolfley likes alliteration.

Rain Man
08-24-2013, 10:55 PM

I'd like to hear Bernie Kosar do a game, too. It seems like he could be entertaining in a train wreck sort of way.

lewdog
08-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Definitely, Rain Man. This guy is over-the-top and just tries to string together unrelated words to describe events.

He's the NFL equivalent of Rex Hudler for the Royals. But he may actually be WORSE than our Hud!

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Definitely, Rain Man. This guy is over-the-top and just tries to string together unrelated words to describe events.

He's the NFL equivalent of Rex Hudler for the Royals. But he may actually be WORSE than our Hud!

Speaking of Rex is that really his voice? Lol sounds like he's pushing out a turd

ThaVirus
08-24-2013, 11:16 PM
"Sometimes you're the paddle and sometimes you're the pledge." Wolfley likes alliteration.

LMAO I heard that one. I actually like that analogy but his voice is so bland, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think he'd be a good color commentator.

Eleazar
08-25-2013, 05:24 AM
I heard this too. It was so bad it was really the only reason I didn't change the channel!

BlackHelicopters
08-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Hudler is a top ten all time announcer.

LiveSteam
08-25-2013, 10:01 AM
He sounds just like Jesse

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ukonSlCZSTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9er guy
08-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I'd like to hear Bernie Kosar do a game, too. It seems like he could be entertaining in a train wreck sort of way.

Lexxi Silver!

Bowser
08-25-2013, 10:23 AM
The Steelers preseason announcing guys were pretty blah as well.

Dayze
08-25-2013, 10:31 AM
The Pittsburgh sorts radio guy is horrible. Madden

Sfeihc
08-25-2013, 10:40 AM
The Steelers preseason announcing guys were pretty blah as well.

You guys don't know how lucky you are you didn't have to listen to this crew. The play-by-play guy called the blocked FG a blocked punt three times. Chiefs have a new pass rusher as well his name is Hamba Tali. :doh!:

Eleazar
08-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I thought the guy sounded like Jesse the Body too. It reminded me of that first XFL game where Jesse was color on the TV broadcast

hometeam
08-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Lexxi Silver!

I do not know why you said this, but I thank you for the ensuing google search.

Cannibal
08-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Trent Green must stop saying the word, "utilize". He must've said it at least 30 times throughout the broadcast. It's certainly his "go to" word. I liked Green as a player, not a fan of his color commentary in the booth.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2013, 12:05 PM
By coincidence, I have now seen two Cardinals preseason games with their hometown announcing team. Their color guy is Ron Wolfley, who used to be a fullback for them and I think a couple of other teams.

It's almost impossible to fathom this, and I never thought I would utter these words, but Wolfley may actually be a worse announcer than Randy Cross. This guy is scary bad. It's like listening to a WWE wrestler who got an honorary Ph.D. and thinks he should now use big words. Plus, he gives nicknames like crazy that are terrible, uses metaphors that are abominable, and likes to use "insider" language that I don't think is real.

He just described a receiver as "a ladder with lips". I am at a loss to describe how bad this guy is. He's the announcing equivalent of ... well ... the Arizona Cardinals.

Oh yeah. I lived in Az. for a while, and that dude is teh full on suck. His post game shit is even more horrendous.

keg in kc
08-25-2013, 12:24 PM
I had the radio network on, and I just can't stomach Len Dawson anymore. He's saying the exact same stuff he said 10 years ago. It's like lather, rinse, repeat, no matter who's on the team, who they're playing, always says the same lines.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I had the radio network on, and I just can't stomach Len Dawson anymore. He's saying the exact same stuff he said 10 years ago. It's like lather, rinse, repeat, no matter who's on the team, who they're playing, always says the same lines.

That's kinda sad. But, it's been his job to pimp KC for so long, that it'll always be rainbows and unicorns with Lenny The Cool.

keg in kc
08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
That's kinda sad. But, it's been his job to pimp KC for so long, that it'll always be rainbows and unicorns with Lenny The Cool.It's never really been rainbows and unicorns with him. He basically bitches. Think having to listen to "they need to go on a quick snap" 27 times a games, 16 games a year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-25-2013, 12:37 PM
It's never really been rainbows and unicorns with him. He basically bitches. Think having to listen to "they need to go on a quick snap" 27 times a games, 16 games a year.

Oh yeah, he armchairs no doubt. But, he'll never call the Chiefs or Chiefs QB out like you or I would.

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2013, 12:43 PM

He just described a receiver as "a ladder with lips". I am at a loss to describe how bad this guy is. He's the announcing equivalent of ... well ... the Kansas City Chiefs.

fyp, you're welcome.

Thig Lyfe
08-25-2013, 12:50 PM

I think we all know who should take over for Lenny in the booth...

TTCC BABY!!!

Thig Lyfe
08-25-2013, 12:50 PM
fyp, you're welcome.

Interesting

Rain Man
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
fyp, you're welcome.

John Elway had a 59.3 QB rating in Super Bowls, and his career QB rating is lower than Damon Huard's.

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2013, 01:05 PM
John Elway had a 59.3 QB rating in Super Bowls, and his career QB rating is lower than Damon Huard's.

he was also a SB MVP, an NFL MVP and he's in a first ballot Hall of Fame member. I just find it funny that a kc fan would dump on the Cardinals when the Cards have at least won a few playoff games in the past 10 years.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-25-2013, 01:06 PM
He just described a receiver as "a ladder with lips"

ROFL

Rain Man
08-25-2013, 01:21 PM
he was also the QB of the worst Super Bowl blowout loss ever, an NFL draft-dodger and the only things he ever won were tainted by salary cap cheating convictions. I just find it funny that a kc fan would dump on the Cardinals when Von Miller is involved with murderers.

FYP.

Oh, and Ed McCaffrey faked injuries.

Lightrise
08-25-2013, 01:36 PM
I'll just take the opportunity to gripe about Vern Lundquist AGAIN. I just cannot stand that guy. The NFL Network has a few terrible analysts as well. You can't listen to them. In fact, you practically pray that they won't put someone to sleep before completing a 10 word sentence.

Rain Man
08-25-2013, 02:01 PM
I'll just take the opportunity to gripe about Vern Lundquist AGAIN. I just cannot stand that guy. The NFL Network has a few terrible analysts as well. You can't listen to them. In fact, you practically pray that they won't put someone to sleep before completing a 10 word sentence.

Having seen him for the first time last night, I had no idea that English is not Ladainian Tomlinson's first language. He's from the same country that Shannon Sharpe and Emmitt Smif are from, apparently.

Psyko Tek
08-25-2013, 02:50 PM
That's kinda sad. But, it's been his job to pimp KC for so long, that it'll always be rainbows and unicorns with Lenny The Cool.

really, when I was listening to the fox during the Herm years, I could hear the contempt dripping from his lips as he said the company lines during the game
but I may have been projecting

crispystl
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Buck;9913556]You should hear Fouts trying to do play by play.[/QUOT

F THAT

GordonGekko
08-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Yeah, I watched the Chargers game last night and noticed Fouts doing the play by play and not the color commentary, he was downright abysmal.

AussieChiefsFan
08-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Yeah man. I'm looking forward to hearing Mitch/Lenny for Chiefs games, and the national announcers (Al Michaels etc) during Thursday/Sunday night games.

Buck
08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm hearing Arizona's team for the first time and their color guy sounds like Jesse The Body/The Mind/The Governor Ventura.