PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: Bills fear Kevin Kolb’s concussion may be career-ending

chiefs1111
08-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 25, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Kevin Kolb
AP
The news on Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb, who left Saturday’s preseason game with a head injury, appears to be very bad.

Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills are concerned Kolb’s concussion may be career-ending, and they’re proceeding with that in mind.

The concussion suffered on Saturday was at least the third of Kolb’s career, and in today’s NFL, multiple concussions are taken very seriously.

The Bills are acting like a team that expects to have a real need at quarterback: They signed Matt Leinart and traded for Thaddeus Lewis today. NFL teams have to reduce their rosters to 75 players by Tuesday, and the Bills wouldn’t add two quarterbacks at a time when they have to cut down elsewhere if they weren’t worried about the availability of both Kolb and EJ Manuel, the first-round pick who suffered a preseason knee injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/report-bills-fear-kevin-kolbs-concussion-may-be-career-ending/

DaFace
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Damn, gotta feel for the guy. Hopefully Alex doesn't get his brain scrambled again any time soon.

Deberg_1990
one of Milkmans top offseason QBs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat Elvis
We should cut Stanzi immediately so he has a chance to catch on with the Bills. That, or try to get any pick for him possible....

chiefs1111
Sure glad the Chiefs didn't go after him

WhawhaWhat
The Matt Leinart era begins!

BlackHelicopters
08-25-2013, 06:06 PM
The Matt Leinart era begins!

Multiple playoff appearances

ReynardMuldrake
08-25-2013, 06:20 PM
A career-ending preseason injury? That has to massively suck.

08-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Ricky Stanzi landing spot.

TribalElder
08-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Ricky Stanzi landing spot.

This

MotherfuckerJones
08-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Would love to trade stanzi there

TribalElder
08-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Would love to trade stanzi there

he was cut

Canofbier
08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Damn, gotta feel for the guy. Hopefully Alex doesn't get his brain scrambled again any time soon.

My thoughts exactly. Although he never really lived up to the hype, he always struck me as the kind of guy who knew that and worked hard to disprove it. This is a pretty shitty way to go.

Rain Man
08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
he was cut

That makes it all the more attractive.

On a side note, Buffalo has a major quarterback problem. I wonder what kind of QB they could get for Fred Jackson in a trade.

chiefs1111
08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
The Bills also traded for qb Thaddeus Lewis from the Lions.

Setsuna
08-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Propaganda to start their first round bust Manuel.

KC Hawks
08-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Well, he'll always have that one good game against the Chiefs.

Easy 6
08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Bills fans should be having wild celebrations, no more controversy... get the Manuel kid in there and start a fresh new era.

MotherfuckerJones
08-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Propaganda to start their first round bust Manuel.

ROFL just stop talking. Geno really killed it last night huh?

TEX
08-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Enough already Kevin, you're hurt to damn much to ever be counted on.I loved uou at UH, but not in the NFL because you CANT STAY HEALTHY.

keg in kc
08-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Stanzi was cut. Bills are red, white and blue. Destiny!

Dunerdr
08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Hes fine they just know he sucks and dont want to look like the bad guys.

milkman
08-25-2013, 08:30 PM
one of Milkmans top offseason QBs.
Posted via Mobile Device

God damn, some of you people are fucking dense.

Eleazar
08-25-2013, 08:34 PM
"I would have rather had Kevin Kolb..."

milkman
08-25-2013, 08:37 PM
"I would have rather had Kevin Kolb..."

Another dence fuck.

Ace Gunner
08-25-2013, 08:43 PM
dense

well maybe the Chiefs can go up there an take a win away come nov. 3rd

Deberg_1990
08-25-2013, 08:47 PM
God damn, some of you people are ****ing dense.

The amazing Drew Stanton!

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/stantoooooooon.gif?w=471&h=267

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2013, 08:49 PM
God damn, some of you people are ****ing dense.

Don't worry he will be the douche that starts we should have drafted pick a player over Eric Fisher in the future thread.

Eleazar
08-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Another dence ****.

It seemed pretty unequivocal, you said you'd have rather signed Kevin Kolb than Alex Smith didn't you?

milkman
08-25-2013, 09:03 PM
It seemed pretty unequivocal, you said you'd have rather signed Kevin Kolb than Alex Smith didn't you?

It not a hard concept to grasp, except for simpletons.

I didn't fucking care who, you dipshit.
I named names of free agents I could remember.

Anyone would suffice, as long as we weren't trading 2 high picks for mediocre game manager.

Titty Meat
08-25-2013, 10:04 PM
The amazing Drew Stanton!

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/stantoooooooon.gif?w=471&h=267

Lol

Setsuna
08-25-2013, 10:16 PM
ROFL just stop talking. Geno really killed it last night huh?

LMAO you sound ridiculous. You just can't stop responding to my posts. I don't like you in that way. I watched him every year against Florida, FSU's biggest game bar none on their schedule and he sucked every time. Go troll someone else.

Rain Man
08-25-2013, 11:06 PM
So is it potentially career-ending because it's his third, or because he's vegetative in a room somewhere?

MotherfuckerJones
08-25-2013, 11:15 PM
LMAO you sound ridiculous. You just can't stop responding to my posts. I don't like you in that way. I watched him every year against Florida, FSU's biggest game bar none on their schedule and he sucked every time. Go troll someone else.

I'm not trolling. Fuck you. You're a jags fan. Don't act like you're a fucking chiefs fan and starting blowing clay about Geno.

RealSNR
08-25-2013, 11:16 PM

I've been told by just about everybody on here that there was no good option for a QB this year, and that Alex Smith was the best we could do. I was told that no, it wasn't Andrew Luck, but it'd be an improvement from Cassel. And when the issue of the outrageous compensation we paid for him was brought up, I was told, "We had no choice. That's what the best QB of the offseason cost us."

It sounds like we made a bad investment on Alex Smith, right? That's what I and so many others are saying. Two 2nd round picks? You bet your fucking ass that's a shitty investment for what we're getting.

A bad investment is a bad investment. That's why it makes the most sense to go shit cheap in a bad year, and make a GOOD investment some day.

That's what Kolb and several others gave us. Cut the losses this year, go out there with just some QB, then try again next year.

It kind of sucks to look at a team like Oakland shitting around with their awful QBs with the knowledge that they're gonna get first dibs on a potentially really good QB, and that they basically started from the same shit position we were in during 2012. One of us shat our load, spent a fortune on Alex fucking Smith, and will be 8-8. The other is going to be fucking awful, but won't have to deal with Alex Smith at all.

We could have had a future without Alex Smith, too. But noooooo.

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2013, 11:27 PM
I've been told by just about everybody on here that there was no good option for a QB this year, and that Alex Smith was the best we could do. I was told that no, it wasn't Andrew Luck, but it'd be an improvement from Cassel. And when the issue of the outrageous compensation we paid for him was brought up, I was told, "We had no choice. That's what the best QB of the offseason cost us."

It sounds like we made a bad investment on Alex Smith, right? That's what I and so many others are saying. Two 2nd round picks? You bet your ****ing ass that's a shitty investment for what we're getting.

A bad investment is a bad investment. That's why it makes the most sense to go shit cheap in a bad year, and make a GOOD investment some day.

That's what Kolb and several others gave us. Cut the losses this year, go out there with just some QB, then try again next year.

It kind of sucks to look at a team like Oakland shitting around with their awful QBs with the knowledge that they're gonna get first dibs on a potentially really good QB, and that they basically started from the same shit position we were in during 2012. One of us shat our load, spent a fortune on Alex ****ing Smith, and will be 8-8. The other is going to be ****ing awful, but won't have to deal with Alex Smith at all.

We could have had a future without Alex Smith, too. But noooooo.I think players like Charles have earned the right for us to TRY to put a competent QB out there to help him. Hey, if we lose out, you get your wish of a high pick QB. If we don't, that's certainly a step in the right direction, no?

Jiu Jitsu Jon
08-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Gee. Well it's a good thing they signed Matt Leinart. He leads the NFL in most Facebook photos of self with chicks in the hot tub.

RealSNR
08-25-2013, 11:41 PM
I think players like Charles have earned the right for us to TRY to put a competent QB out there to help him. Hey, if we lose out, you get your wish of a high pick QB. If we don't, that's certainly a step in the right direction, no?
What if Alex puts us into purgatory?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2013, 03:19 AM

No one wants to own that. Sunshine and lollipops only!

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2013, 07:45 AM
We're Chiefs fans. We'll take it in the ass. And like it.

Per usual.

TEX
08-26-2013, 08:04 AM
So is it potentially career-ending because it's his third, or because he's vegetative in a room somewhere?

It's his 3rd (that they are counting) It also goes back to his college days at the University of Houston.

Rausch
08-26-2013, 08:05 AM

It sounds like we made a bad investment on Alex Smith, right? That's what I and so many others are saying. Two 2nd round picks? You bet your ****ing ass that's a shitty investment for what we're getting.

It kind of sucks to look at a team like Oakland shitting around with their awful QBs with the knowledge that they're gonna get first dibs on a potentially really good QB, and that they basically started from the same shit position we were in during 2012. One of us shat our load, spent a fortune on Alex ****ing Smith, and will be 8-8. The other is going to be ****ing awful, but won't have to deal with Alex Smith at all.

We could have had a future without Alex Smith, too. But noooooo.

I'd take Carson Palmer as a short term (two year) solution until we find that young guy we feel comfortable turning the team over to...

Marcellus
08-26-2013, 08:18 AM

What if Geno Smith puts us into Purgatory?

What if Bowe, Charles, Flowers, and Hali lose 2 more years of their career with no shot at anything.

I find it hilarious that people like you cant entertain the possibility that Alex Smith could do exactly what he did in SF which is play well enough to be a contender.

The expectation Reid and Dorsey have when they traded for Smith is not 8-8 or 9-7.

Dayze
08-26-2013, 08:32 AM

Per usual.

LMAO

"Moon River...."

chiefs1111
08-26-2013, 08:44 AM
News just keeps getting worse for the Bills. Starting CB Stephon Gilmore will miss up to 8 weeks with a wrist injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/gilmore-to-miss-eight-weeks-with-handwrist-injury/

Rain Man
08-26-2013, 09:32 AM
It's his 3rd (that they are counting) It also goes back to his college days at the University of Houston.

It's hard to imagine that any NFL player hasn't had three concussions in high school, college, and the pros. But I guess the "that they are counting" part is the key.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Per usual.

Speak for yourself. I'll mercilessly hate on these motherfuckers until they win a Super Bowl their way, or wise the fuck up and do it MY way.

the Talking Can
08-26-2013, 05:52 PM
and the Marrone era starts...

The Buffalo Bills plan on starting undrafted quarterback Jeff Tuel in their regular-season opener if fellow rookie EJ Manuel cannot play, coach Doug Marrone said Monday.

The Bills host the New England Patriots in their opener on Sept. 8.

If Jeff Tuel starts for the Bills in Week 1, he will become the first undrafted rookie quarterback in the common draft era (since 1967) to start a season opener, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

"Right now we're planning on Jeff Tuel playing the first game and we're working with EJ to get back as quickly as possible," Marrone told reporters, according to the team's website. "Meaning New England. Right now that's how we're going about planning on doing it until we know more about where EJ is."

If Tuel does indeed start in Week 1, he will become the first undrafted rookie quarterback in the common draft era (since 1967) to start a season opener, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

"That's cool," Tuel said, according to the team's website. "It would definitely be an honor if that's the case. I'm surprised that I'm the first, but if that's the case it's a cool thing."

Manuel remains sidelined after undergoing a minor procedure on his left knee last week. Marrone said that while he hopes the 16th overall pick will be ready to play in Week 1, the team will make preparations for Tuel to start.

"[Manuel's] working back so he's actually starting to move around now, which is a good sign," Marrone said, according to the team's website. "Then it's just a matter of how he heals and then when he's back he'll be our quarterback."

Tuel went 10-for-17 for 63 yards in Saturday's preseason loss to the Washington Redskins, replacing Kevin Kolb, who left with a concussion that now has him sidelined indefinitely.

The Bills are proceeding as though Kolb's concussion, which was termed "serious," could be career-ending, a league source told ESPN.

Kolb will undergo a battery of tests, and the Bills do not want to rush him back even if he can continue his career, the source said.

The Bills signed free-agent quarterback Matt Leinart and traded with the Detroit Lions for quarterback Thad Lewis on Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9601766/buffalo-bills-plan-start-jeff-tuel-qb-week-1

Rain Man
08-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Tuel is looking at Tom Brady and Kurt Warner and thinking, "This is how it all started for those guys."

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Maybe the Steelers can trade Gradkowski, J Parker Wilson or Laundry Jones. Heaven knows Big Ben isn't a concussion away from a drooling Cassel.

the Talking Can
08-26-2013, 06:04 PM
and they open against the pats...rough

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Speak for yourself. I'll mercilessly hate on these motherfuckers until they win a Super Bowl their way, or wise the fuck up and do it MY way.

You are on a Chiefs message board.

Your prostate has taken a beating.

Simply Red
08-26-2013, 06:08 PM

Per usual.

Gross bro. and also gayEEEEEEEEE - NTTAWWT.

J Diddy
08-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Speak for yourself. I'll mercilessly hate on these mother****ers until they win a Super Bowl their way, or wise the **** up and do it MY way.

Objective?

No

Consistent?

Definitely.

J Diddy
08-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Gross bro. and also gayEEEEEEEEE - NTTAWWT.

Didn't you always sport pink sweaters?

Simply Red
08-26-2013, 06:11 PM

I own nothing pink

mdchiefsfan
08-26-2013, 06:54 PM

It's salmon!