PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RIP Dick Stanzi

Mr_Tomahawk
08-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Suck It Iowa Homers.

Titty Meat
08-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Never played a regular season game. Hilarious.

Canofbier
08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
At least he still has his patriotism. RIP

Hammock Parties
08-25-2013, 06:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EhjdyWb.jpg

Rasputin
08-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Smells like someone died

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy204/Forager/wellbye.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Forager/media/wellbye.gif.html)

cdcox
Wikipedia not updated yet.

Hammock Parties
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/stanzi7.gif

Mr_Tomahawk
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
So Tyler is going to play most of the Packers Game?

Canofbier
08-25-2013, 06:22 PM

Q

Baby Lee
08-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Pouring out some Gatorade in Memorium

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eCGoA-dZBzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020
08-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Gotta laugh at all the "Stanzi is the 2nd best option for this team and should be backing up Smith", "Put Bray on the PS to keep Stanzi" and "Stanzi has yet to be given an opportunity to show what he's made of, even though it's his 3rd season" people.

Not even good enough to make it passed the 1st cut.

TribalElder
08-25-2013, 06:27 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/stanzi7.gif

longer pass than Alex Smith has thrown as a Chief

ROFL

Canofbier
Gotta laugh at all the "Stanzi is the 2nd best option for this team and should be backing up Smith", "Put Bray on the PS to keep Stanzi" and "Stanzi has yet to be given an opportunity to show what he's made of, even though it's his 3rd season" people.

Not even good enough to make it passed the 1st cut.

Who the fuck was saying that?

thursday will be the Bray show.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Who the **** was saying that?

I said that, and I'm not wrong on any of those points.

Right now, Chase Daniel is complete garbage and we walk into the season with him being our backup while Bray develops. Stanzi is a complete longshot to be a capable starter, but I feel more comfortable with him as a backup than Daniel.

And Bray needs time. He shouldn't sniff the field at all this year if we can help it.

And no, Stanzi did not get a fair shot. He should have started the last 6 games last year, but was boycotted by two douche bags in charge who were trying to keep their jobs.

the Talking Can
08-25-2013, 06:37 PM
no hot dog vendor loved america more

Canofbier
08-25-2013, 06:39 PM

Right now, Chase Daniel is complete garbage and we walk into the season with him being our backup while Bray develops. Stanzi is a complete longshot to be a capable starter, but I feel more comfortable with him as a backup than Daniel.

And Bray needs time. He shouldn't sniff the field at all this year if we can help it.

And no, Stanzi did not get a fair shot. He should have started the last 6 games last year, but was boycotted by two douche bags in charge who were trying to keep their jobs.

I was horrified when we signed Daniel this offseason, and thus far he hasn't done much to prove me right. We have nothing but preseason performances to go off of, and Daniel >> Stanzi in that regard.

As for Bray: he has some of the best physical tools available for a pocket QB, and that's not something you can say about anybody else on our depth chart (Stanzi included). If both Stanzi and Bray are long-shots, you have to keep Bray for the potential he has, since we already have what I (and many others) believe to be a dependable but low-ceiling backup in Chase.

the Talking Can
08-25-2013, 06:41 PM
in memorium:

When I went into to see why Stanzi was so good in our ratings, it wasn't just one good thing (it never is to achieve the scores the future elites ultimately did). It's just that Stanzi is well above average in every metric we judge, with no red-flags or outliers. His numbers parallel nicely against the best of today's NFL QBs data in college. When I started filtering Stanzi's metrics in our system and considered similar QBs around his height and weight...out popped Tom Brady.

http://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm

lewdog
http://i.imgur.com/OtgDKwk.gif

|Zach|

Crazy

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I was horrified when we signed Daniel this offseason, and thus far he hasn't done much to prove me right. We have nothing but preseason performances to go off of, and Daniel >> Stanzi in that regard.

As for Bray: he has some of the best physical tools available for a pocket QB, and that's not something you can say about anybody else on our depth chart (Stanzi included). If both Stanzi and Bray are long-shots, you have to keep Bray for the potential he has, since we already have what I (and many others) believe to be a dependable but low-ceiling backup in Chase.

There's no doubt that you have to groom Bray to be the QBOTF (and keep trying for QBs in future years). I don't have any illusions that Stanzi is anything but a huge longshot to be a starter. I think he could definitely be a capable backup. Bray easily has the highest upside.

Daniel has been terrible this preseason, no matter what the #'s say. Maybe Dorsey sees something I don't, because he is not a guy I want as my go-to guy in a pinch.

Tribal Warfare
08-25-2013, 06:47 PM
There's no doubt that you have to groom Bray to be the QBOTF (and keep trying for QBs in future years). I don't have any illusions that Stanzi is anything but a huge longshot to be a starter. I think he could definitely be a capable backup. Bray easily has the highest upside.

Daniel has been terrible this preseason, no matter what the #'s say. Maybe Dorsey sees something I don't, because he is not a guy I want as my go-to guy in a pinch.

Are you saying you're not David Copperfield?

Munson
08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Add him to the list of Pioli draft busts.

-King-
08-25-2013, 06:56 PM

You have to actually try to have consistently bad takes like you have.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 06:58 PM
You have to actually try to have consistently bad takes like you have.

Chase Daniel has been terrible. I'm sorry if people's attachment to him being from Mizzou is clouding people's judgment.

nychief
08-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Goodnight sweet Stanzi city.

zigbazah
08-25-2013, 07:02 PM
This guy couldn't beat out Cassel, Croyle and Palko. Talk about taking something to the grave...

Buzz
08-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Chase Daniel has been terrible. I'm sorry if people's attachment to him being from Mizzou is clouding people's judgment.

Did you even watch the game, Chase was not that bad, kept the overtime drive alive by scrambling and threw a decent pass in the end zone for the overtime win?

Easy 6
08-25-2013, 07:12 PM

I have O problems with this statement, its all true.

He should've had a shot, but even the guy who drafted him was too gutless to atleast give it a shot, if for nothing else but to prove to himself that he'd made a good decision on the guy... he thought the mighty Quinn might somehow save him.

Pioli was doomed either way, but **** man... atleast take a chance on your handpicked guy, he didn't even have the guts to do THAT.

stonedstooge
08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
I have O problems with this statement, its all true.

He should've had a shot, but even the guy who drafted him was too gutless to atleast give it a shot, if for nothing else but to prove to himself that he'd made a good decision on the guy... he thought the mighty Quinn might somehow save him.

Pioli was doomed either way, but **** man... atleast take a chance on your handpicked guy, he didn't even have the guts to do THAT.

Crennel made those decisions

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Did you even watch the game, Chase was not that bad, kept the overtime drive alive by scrambling and threw a decent pass in the end zone for the overtime win?

Chase Daniel isn't overly fast. He's not going to win games with his legs. So no, I don't care if he's breaking off big runs against third team defenses.

I watched the game. I didn't just look at the stat line. And I've been watching him closely all offseason. He isn't just antsy under pressure, he downright panics, takes way too many sacks, and he hasn't even been accurate on the simple stuff. Sorry, I haven't been one bit impressed with him. For a guy that's supposed to be a guy who can seamlessly plug in, he sure looks unprepared.

ILChief
08-25-2013, 07:21 PM
http://www.botchthecrab.com/post_images/captain_america_is_dead.jpg

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 07:21 PM

I disagree. Given how much we've learned about Pioli micro-managing, and how much he was clinging to save his job, I am pretty sure Pioli had a lot of influence. They were probably both morons. Like I said, I think Stanzi was a longshot, but I would have liked to have cut him based on seeing what he could do in real games.

zigbazah
08-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Stanzi fans are tweeting this pic. LMAO

http://i41.tinypic.com/16k5e8g.jpg

Ace Gunner
08-25-2013, 07:25 PM
all part of the prosperity friends
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbu6wc8Hmd1qc0bo2o1_500.gif

Easy 6
08-25-2013, 07:26 PM

No no no, Crennel didn't go get a honeybun and diet pepsi from the hallway machine without the express written approval of Herr Pioli.

Buzz
Chase Daniel isn't overly fast. He's not going to win games with his legs. So no, I don't care if he's breaking off big runs against third team defenses.

I watched the game. I didn't just look at the stat line. And I've been watching him closely all offseason. He isn't just antsy under pressure, he downright panics, takes way too many sacks, and he hasn't even been accurate on the simple stuff. Sorry, I haven't been one bit impressed with him. For a guy that's supposed to be a guy who can seamlessly plug in, he sure looks unprepared.

Well, I haven't followed him and to me he showed heart and wanted to win. His biggest problem is he's about 3" too short. Sorry, he looked better to me than anything we had at quarterback last year.

stonedstooge
I disagree. Given how much we've learned about Pioli micro-managing, and how much he was clinging to save his job, I am pretty sure Pioli had a lot of influence. They were probably both morons. Like I said, I think Stanzi was a longshot, but I would have liked to have cut him based on seeing what he could do in real games.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FHgzDZrNpvA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Rasputin
08-25-2013, 07:27 PM

Why would Pioli hold back Stanzi? Stanzi was picked to be the next Tom Tom Brady. I think you are over thinking the evil genius that Snott Pioli was. He sure wasn't going save his job by playing Brady Quinn.

Hammock Parties
08-25-2013, 07:27 PM

Link? LMAO

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Why would Pioli hold back Stanzi? Stanzi was picked to be the next Tom Tom Brady. I think you are over thinking the evil genius that Snott Pioli was. He sure wasn't going save his job by playing Brady Quinn.

There is no explanation for why Stanzi never saw the field last year. That's not a comment on Stanzi. That's commentary that you had a garbage veteran QB starting who had no upside starting over a young longshot who we know nothing about.

The only reason you can justify is that Quinn was going to make you look bad, but if Stanzi struggled, he'd make the Chiefs look absolutely terrible.

Bewbies
08-25-2013, 07:29 PM

LMAO

jd1020
08-25-2013, 07:32 PM
There is no explanation for why Stanzi never saw the field last year. That's not a comment on Stanzi. That's commentary that you had a garbage veteran QB starting who had no upside starting over a young longshot who we know nothing about.

The only reason you can justify is that Quinn was going to make you look bad, but if Stanzi struggled, he'd make the Chiefs look absolutely terrible.

Keep fightin that fight!

LMAO

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Keep fightin that fight!

LMAO

What fight? How can anyone deny that Stanzi should have started the last 5 games or so? Is that seriously even a question?

jd1020
08-25-2013, 07:35 PM
What fight? How can anyone deny that Stanzi should have started the last 5 games or so? Is that seriously even a question?

Who fucking cares about a career 3rd string QB that sucks ass besides you?

Buzz
08-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Wow

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Who ****ing cares about a career 3rd string QB that sucks ass besides you?

Because he's a young QB, and we had opportunities to give him live snaps, but chose instead to start a guy we knew was completely terrible and had no upside. And now we cut him with no information on how he would have fared in live snaps.

I'm not even close to a Stanzi fan. I think there was a 95% chance he would have sucked. But given that we had an opportunity to see if maybe he had a longshot chance, and instead punted to protect people's jobs, that's offputting.

Easy 6
08-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Who ****ing cares about a career 3rd string QB that sucks ass besides you?

Pioli should've had the guts to start his man at the end of a wasted season, there was absolutely nothing to lose, except in piolis mind.

You're a ****ing arch jackoff, just wanted to make sure that was crystal clear.

jd1020
08-25-2013, 07:41 PM
I'll be sure to get a full 8 hours of sleep in honor of Stanzi's removal.

-King-
08-25-2013, 08:26 PM

Yah, 26/40 for 245 yards and a TD is so terrible.

You're a dumbass.

jd1020
08-25-2013, 08:30 PM

You're a dumbass.

But Stanzi wouldn't cut his hair, so....

I wonder if he made a bet that he wouldn't cut his hair until he was cut.

DeezNutz
08-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Because he's a young QB, and we had opportunities to give him live snaps, but chose instead to start a guy we knew was completely terrible and had no upside. And now we cut him with no information on how he would have fared in live snaps.

I'm not even close to a Stanzi fan. I think there was a 95% chance he would have sucked. But given that we had an opportunity to see if maybe he had a longshot chance, and instead punted to protect people's jobs, that's offputting.

No information? I have a pretty decent guess that he was so fucking terrible in practice that multiple coaching staffs (not to mention pretty much every single reporter to see him play in camp and practice) thought he was shit.

He doesn't get a participation ribbon. I don't think the Chiefs "punted," but they have an obligation at least to try to win, and playing a clown like Stanzi is a disservice to the rest of the team.

gblowfish
It'll be hilarious is Alex Tanney sticks with Dallas.....

Strongside
What is the staff going to do with all of the leftover shampoo and conditioner?

jd1020
08-25-2013, 08:35 PM
What is the staff going to do with all of the leftover shampoo and conditioner?

Donate it to Dunta and McCluster.

gblowfish
08-25-2013, 08:42 PM
That dude had a gravy ride last year. I don't feel bad for him at all. Now he's got to go earn a spot somewhere.

milkman
08-25-2013, 09:31 PM

I have no attachment to Missouri, or Daniel, so you can be certain of myobjectivity when I tell you that you're a moron.

Lex Luthor
08-25-2013, 10:12 PM

I agree with nearly all of your takes, but this take is ridiculous. I saw enough of Stanzi last year in the preseason to conclude that he was ****ing horrible. Compared to what Stanzi showed us last year, Chase Daniel looked like Johnny Unitas out there.

You're pretty much on your own in this thread. You're coming off like Loneiguana in the thread about raising the minimum wage for burger flippers.

You might want to rethink this.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree with nearly all of your takes, but this take is ridiculous. I saw enough of Stanzi last year in the preseason to conclude that he was ****ing horrible. Compared to what Stanzi showed us last year, Chase Daniel looked like Johnny Unitas out there.

You're pretty much on your own in this thread. You're coming off like Loneiguana in the thread about raising the minimum wage for burger flippers.

You might want to rethink this.

I have re-thought it. My original post was kind of dumb and came off the wrong way. I'm not at all impressed with Stanzi, but I'm really not impressed with Daniel. I don't care what his stat line says. There are quite a few red flags and I think he's going to get buried if he has to see time. I don't like walking into the season with Daniel as our #2 guy.

But we'll see. Andy Reid knows his backup QBs so there must be something he's seeing.

chiefzilla1501
08-25-2013, 10:35 PM

You're a dumbass.

Good. Glad we're bringing up stat lines in these kinds of games. The TD pass was impressive. Other than that, what throws bring you confidence about the guy vs. what throws made you nervous? The guy gets really happy feet when there's any hint of pressure and it's even worse because he can't throw over the pressure (which is why he's already had several tipped passes). Almost all his passes have been set, 1-read throws and he looks very uncomfortable if he has to progress past that or a checkdown. And he bailed himself out several times by running. He'll never get away with that against first team defenses.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't bring up stat lines. Let me know what plays impressed you. What I see is a guy who's going to look really bad when the pocket is even slightly bad, and who will be only mildly accurate when the pocket is clean. And unlike other QBs, isn't fast enough to consistently buy time or yards with his legs.

BlackHelicopters
08-26-2013, 04:54 AM
Stanzi: we hardly knew ye.

rico
08-26-2013, 05:11 AM
I still believe in Stanzi. I mean, remember how stacked the odds were against him in the 4th quarter vs Indiana in 2009...he defied logic there....and in many other instances that season... I mean, maybe he will clear waivers and we will utilize him on the practice squad....and on the practice squad, he really shows something! He really shows his versatility mimicking other teams' systems!!! It can happen!!!! Reid may discover that we may have the diamond in the rough that he didn't initially know was there!!!! He may wake up some day, ungay himself and not feel the urge to put his "difficult to locate due to excessive fat" penis in Daniel's chin-butt!!! Maybe?!?!?! Maybe he will quit trying to find his penis!!!! Maybe Alex Smith will have a season-ending injury early this season and Daniel could like....get hit by a train!?!?! And Stanzi can back up Bray....that'd be cool, I like Bray!!! And if Bray struggles, he may need time to grow, and maybe he can learn behind Stanzi!!! Maybe, just maybe.........

Oh **** it!!!!! **** YOU ALL!!!! STANZI CITY CHIEFS 4 LIFE!!!!

http://replygif.net/i/347.gif

Hammock Parties
08-26-2013, 05:13 AM
The only question now....is Stanzi better than Geno?

-King-
08-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Good. Glad we're bringing up stat lines in these kinds of games. The TD pass was impressive. Other than that, what throws bring you confidence about the guy vs. what throws made you nervous? The guy gets really happy feet when there's any hint of pressure and it's even worse because he can't throw over the pressure (which is why he's already had several tipped passes). Almost all his passes have been set, 1-read throws and he looks very uncomfortable if he has to progress past that or a checkdown. And he bailed himself out several times by running. He'll never get away with that against first team defenses.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't bring up stat lines. Let me know what plays impressed you. What I see is a guy who's going to look really bad when the pocket is even slightly bad, and who will be only mildly accurate when the pocket is clean. And unlike other QBs, isn't fast enough to consistently buy time or yards with his legs.
You realize you just contradicted yourself? What is it? Does he bail himself out running or is he unable buy time or yards with his legs?

And what tipped passes? What games are you watching? Are you making stuff up?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
08-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Charlize Danielz will be an excellent backup

Lzen
08-26-2013, 07:06 AM

I definitely don't have any attachment to MU and I thought Daniel did pretty well against the Steelers. Sure, it was against 2nd/3rd stringers but hey, so was the talent he was working with against the Steelers.

As for Stanzi, I'm pretty sure he sealed his fate last preseason. Did you even watch those games? And don't think I'm saying this because I'm some kind of basher. I wanted him to succeed. But he looked like absolute garbage last year in preseason. And frankly, he hasn't really done much of anything this year.

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2013, 07:26 AM
You realize you just contradicted yourself? What is it? Does he bail himself out running or is he unable buy time or yards with his legs?

And what tipped passes? What games are you watching? Are you making stuff up?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yesterday, he bailed himself out 4 times on a non-designed run that ended up picking up big yardage. Pretty sure most of those were on 3rd and long. He's not slow, but he's definitely not fast (and not as fast as Alex Smith). He won't be able to do that against first team defenses.

There were 2 or 3 passes that I remember that were tipped at the line. No, I'm not making that up.

Rausch
08-26-2013, 07:28 AM

That seems more appropriate for the Pioli era...

chiefzilla1501
08-26-2013, 07:52 AM
I definitely don't have any attachment to MU and I thought Daniel did pretty well against the Steelers. Sure, it was against 2nd/3rd stringers but hey, so was the talent he was working with against the Steelers.

As for Stanzi, I'm pretty sure he sealed his fate last preseason. Did you even watch those games? And don't think I'm saying this because I'm some kind of basher. I wanted him to succeed. But he looked like absolute garbage last year in preseason. And frankly, he hasn't really done much of anything this year.

The wording I used on Daniel is a little strong. I like when CP can put me in my place. Yes, I remember Stanzi, and he was terrible last year. The more I think about it, the more I think I overreacted.

Still, I don't think Daniel is very good.

King_Chief_Fan
08-26-2013, 07:54 AM
The only question now....is Stanzi better than Geno?

i suspect that you are better than Stanzi.....let's suit you up!

-King-
08-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Yesterday, he bailed himself out 4 times on a non-designed run that ended up picking up big yardage. Pretty sure most of those were on 3rd and long. He's not slow, but he's definitely not fast (and not as fast as Alex Smith). He won't be able to do that against first team defenses.

There were 2 or 3 passes that I remember that were tipped at the line. No, I'm not making that up.

Just rewatched the game. Chase had no balls tipped at the line.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Where are the dumbasses that said they would keep Stanzi and put Bray on the practice squad...aturnis?

rico
08-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Where are the dumbasses that said they would keep Stanzi and put Bray on the practice squad...aturnis?

I said it about Daniel, but not Bray.

chiefzilla1501
08-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Just rewatched the game. Chase had no balls tipped at the line.

There was a tip early in the third but it resulted in a catch. When I rewqtched the game, chase didn't play too bad. So I've taken back the comment that he was terrible. I still think his first two preseason games were really bad and raised some red flags. But the third fame certainly showed he's a capable backup. And yeah, whereas chase has this game to state his case, stanzi was bad in pretty much every game, so adding chase looks like it will be a good upgrade at backup.

Frosty
08-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Donkhater was one of the main ones arguing that Bray should go to the PS.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9831418&highlight=Bray#post9831418

-King-
08-27-2013, 10:23 AM
There was a tip early in the third but it resulted in a catch. When I rewqtched the game, chase didn't play too bad. So I've taken back the comment that he was terrible. I still think his first two preseason games were really bad and raised some red flags. But the third fame certainly showed he's a capable backup. And yeah, whereas chase has this game to state his case, stanzi was bad in pretty much every game, so adding chase looks like it will be a good upgrade at backup.

He was 6/6 in the second preseason game.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
08-27-2013, 10:40 AM
He was 6/6 in the second preseason game.
Posted via Mobile Device

He took 3 sacks in 9 pass attempts. In an offense that is pure dink and dunk. His third game was fine. I own that as a dumb comment. But his first two games llead me to believe he is completely skittish when under pressure.

DJ's left nut
08-27-2013, 03:19 PM
HE LIVES!!!

Claimed by the Jags!

Go get some, Hero.

Ace Gunner
08-27-2013, 04:02 PM
he'll be safe there

Frosty
08-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Chiefs play Jax week 1.

Coincidence?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Cockmon just rocked out to real american

Sorter
08-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Stanzi was/is the hero KC deserves. Just not the one it needs right now.

nychief
08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Now Stanzi will be cut twice in one preseason.

Tribal Warfare
08-28-2013, 06:20 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y5ecvBaqHBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if it hasn't been posted yet

Mr_Tomahawk
10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider16h
Jaguars sign guard Jacques McClendon and quarterback Ricky Stanzi, cut wide receivers Jeremy Ebert and Tobais Palmer

Didn't the Jags already sign Dick?