PDA

View Full Version : Football Seriously **** the NY Jets

lcarus
08-27-2013, 01:11 PM
All the sports media talks about now is the stupid fucking New York Jets and that shitstain Mark Sanchez, that shitstain Geno Smith, and that tub of lard head coach. Give me a break. If these 3 assclowns were in Kansas City, NOBODY WOULD GIVE IT A FUCKING SINGLE MENTION. I don't remember the media giving so much as a fucking whisper about the Jets a few years ago.

ptlyon
08-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Jets fans ate the 3rd most loyal

Mav
08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
All the sports media talks about now is the stupid ****ing New York Jets and that shitstain Mark Sanchez, that shitstain Geno Smith, and that tub of lard head coach. Give me a break. If these 3 assclowns were in Kansas City, NOBODY WOULD GIVE IT A ****ING SINGLE MENTION. I don't remember the media giving so much as a ****ing whisper about the Jets a few years ago.

Oh, while I completely agree with you, they have always been in the news. For what reason? I have no idea, but especially since Rex took over and started guaranteeing super bowls, and then last year with Tebow, they have been all over the Jets nuts.

I cant even watch Espn at all, and I wont watch NFL network right now because all they do is talk about it.

All this talk about a whats going to be a 3-13 football team, is just awesome.

Between that and the Redskins drama fest between Rg3, and shanahan. Its just a merry fuck tard of a time on all networks.

RealSNR
08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Crazy Todd was just as if not more entertaining than Rex. He never got any mention by the media except the "There's a lot of shit being talked about you" thing.

National sports media needs to get their heads out of their asses. They're missing some really great stories here.

nychief
08-27-2013, 01:16 PM
it is NY.

Chief Roundup
08-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Oh, while I completely agree with you, they have always been in the news. For what reason? I have no idea, but especially since Rex took over and started guaranteeing super bowls, and then last year with Tebow, they have been all over the Jets nuts.

I cant even watch Espn at all, and I wont watch NFL network right now because all they do is talk about it.

All this talk about a whats going to be a 3-13 football team, is just awesome.

Between that and the Redskins drama fest between Rg3, and shanahan. Its just a merry **** tard of a time on all networks.

Haven't heard anything about theses 2 having any issues. Info please.

In58men
08-27-2013, 01:17 PM
You can change the channel and listen to people bitch about Manzel giving out autographs for money.

Rasputin
08-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Meh let the media make a mockery of the Jets who fucking cares? I'd rather not get the attention they get while we suck and embarrass ourselves on our own merit.

Rasputin
08-27-2013, 01:20 PM
That's what they get for have a "RYAN" for a HC. fuck the RYAN coaching family.

Dinny Bossa Nova
08-27-2013, 01:23 PM
The Jets are a great franchise. They are doing it the modern NFL way. They are not afraid to take chances on quarterbacks in the top rounds. They fire general managers if they don't produce.

It is this forward kind of inovation coupled with Geno's ceiling that makes me believe they will clearly be the NFL's greatest Dynasty. Tom Brady has got to be headed down the other side someday.

Right?

Dinny

lcarus
08-27-2013, 01:24 PM
The "big story" will be the Sanchez/Geno thing, until they realize that Geno sucks worse than Sanchez. Then, naturally, Rex will get fired and then they can start discussing who the next HC/QB combo will be.

Sorter
08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
The Jets are a great franchise. They are doing it the modern NFL way. They are not afraid to take chances on quarterbacks in the top rounds. They fire general managers if they don't produce.

It is this forward kind of inovation coupled with Geno's ceiling that makes me believe they will clearly be the NFL's greatest Dynasty. Tom Brady has got to be headed down the other side someday.

Right?

Dinny

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90/mattelmagic8ball/magic8ball/doubtful.jpg

Mav
08-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Haven't heard anything about theses 2 having any issues. Info please.

RG3 playing to the media that he wants to play in preseason, Shanahan says no, RG3 says he agrees one day, says he still thinks he should play the next day, Shanahan says they are on the same page, they hug, cuddle, rinse repeat......

Prison Bitch
08-27-2013, 01:33 PM
it is NY.

No matter how you try and explain to folks here that we are 1/10th the size of that market and hence should get 1/10th the media coverage, they never want to hear it.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 01:36 PM
No matter how you try and explain to folks here that we are 1/10th the size of that market and hence should get 1/10th the media coverage, they never want to hear it.

I totally understand that. It's a fact. They're just going way overboard with the Jets at the moment.

Rasputin
08-27-2013, 01:38 PM
I totally understand that. It's a fact. They're just going way overboard with the Jets at the moment.

People are more interested in train wrecks in this case its a plane crash mid-air but still people want to see it burn.

Ace Gunner
08-27-2013, 01:41 PM
http://beauchampart.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tv-off-gif-3-frames-sequence-extended-compressed.gif
the same button that turns that shit on also turns it off

lcarus
08-27-2013, 01:43 PM
People are more interested in train wrecks in this case its a plane crash mid-air but still people want to see it burn.

Agreed but the sad part is, the train hasn't even taken off yet.

Easy 6
08-27-2013, 01:44 PM

Yep, if even a team as bad as Jacksonville was up there, they'd get the same headlines.

They could put elways arena league team in butt**** new jersey and they'd get 24/7 press.

Ceej
08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
I bet the draftubators are enjoying seeing Mark's face on ESPN all day.

FAP FAP FAP!!

Chief Roundup
08-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Man it is the "Howard Stern Affect" Negative news is better than positive news. Created news is better than real news. The belief that you are watching disaster unfold is drawing to people. If you get New Yorkers talking football pretty soon people are arguing and hitting the stats to base their arguments. New York is very diverse. So getting New Yorkers talking football gets people talking about more than just the Jets and or Giants.
It is all just creating traffic to their TV channel or their website. They are making themselves money by sensationalizing the story. Making everyone feel like they are watching "The Great Collapse".
People don't want to miss out.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Man it is the "Howard Stern Affect" Negative news is better than positive news. Created news is better than real news. The belief that you are watching disaster unfold is drawing to people. If you get New Yorkers talking football pretty soon people are arguing and hitting the stats to base their arguments. New York is very diverse. So getting New Yorkers talking football gets people talking about more than just the Jets and or Giants.
It is all just creating traffic to their TV channel or their website. They are making themselves money by sensationalizing the story. Making everyone feel like they are watching "The Great Collapse".
People don't want to miss out.

Yep. Sadly, there was a pretty god damn great collapse in Kansas City last season. If we were a NY team, god damn, the media would have jizzed in their shorts.

HoneyBadger
08-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Jets fans ate the 3rd most loyal

Ate the 3rd most loyal what?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?1

Chief Roundup
08-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Yep. Sadly, there was a pretty god damn great collapse in Kansas City last season. If we were a NY team, god damn, the media would have jizzed in their shorts.

I for one and DAMN GLAD we were not covered in the same manner last year. It was hard enough without that type of constant media harping ass coverage. I wouldn't want it constantly thrown in my face how bad we were and how horrible EVERYTHING was.
I would hate to be a J E T S fan right now. I wouldn't be able to have the TV on probably.
To me that is where the real problem is at, the media. The Chiefs as well as many other franchises don't get the coverage they deserve. While others get more coverage than they deserve. Nature of the beast.

ptlyon
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Ate the 3rd most loyal what?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?1

Ha. Are. ARE. F'n Swype.

blaise
08-27-2013, 02:09 PM
They're the Jets. It's what they do - be a clown show.

Marcellus
08-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I bet the draftubators are enjoying seeing Mark's face on ESPN all day.

FAP FAP FAP!!

LMAO

BlackHelicopters
08-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Jets Planet! Nice ring to it.

kcxiv
08-27-2013, 03:27 PM

Big city train wreck they are doing what they ate supposed too for ratings. I don't agree with it but I understand it. Then again most of my sports TV time is with mlb network. They are by far the best. If u like baseball which I do.

vailpass
08-27-2013, 03:28 PM
It's the largest media market, what do you expect?

lcarus
08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
It's the largest media market, what do you expect?

Maybe more talk about the Giants? Hell I don't know, but it's irritating.

vailpass
08-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Maybe more talk about the Giants? Hell I don't know, but it's irritating.

See your point.

Bugeater
08-27-2013, 04:20 PM
I listened to about an hour of sports talk radio last Saturday afternoon. The topics during that timeframe...Jets, Giants, A-tard, and Dodgers.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 04:22 PM
I listened to about an hour of sports talk radio last Saturday afternoon. The topics during that timeframe...Jets, Giants, A-tard, and Dodgers.

I went to lunch a few hours ago. Turned on sports radio for about 5 seconds. I heard "Rex Ryan" and turned it off. Jesus.

WhiteWhale
08-27-2013, 04:55 PM
All the sports media talks about now is the stupid ****ing New York Jets and that shitstain Mark Sanchez, that shitstain Geno Smith, and that tub of lard head coach. Give me a break. If these 3 assclowns were in Kansas City, NOBODY WOULD GIVE IT A ****ING SINGLE MENTION. I don't remember the media giving so much as a ****ing whisper about the Jets a few years ago.

Seriously?

The media talk about the Jets all the goddamn time. They talked about them all the time when Herm was there. They talked about them all the time when Parcells was there. Remember the saga with Mangini? They've gone ape shit with Ryan.

The media talking about the New York Jets a lot is nothing new. It's always been like this.

Dylan
08-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Rex Ryan on spectacular display of a meltdown after Sanchez was hurt in the preseason game - combative - is a bad omen for things to come if the team does not live up to expectations.

Turning his back on the media during his press conference on Saturday will haunt Ryan for years to come. The only thing that shields coaches and players in New York is winning championships - You slide down in this town, the New York media generally takes care of the rest.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Vig7jrSswvM/UhyQM_JlzLI/AAAAAAAADvw/5OIE4b5Otbc/w426-h567/Front-0827+copy.jpg

Dylan
08-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Honestly, I feel bad for the Jets.

Ryan created this mess with the New York press two years ago.

Gov. Christie was an idiot for getting involved and going after New York Daily News Manish Mehta, Jets beat reporter, on his coverage of Ryan's meltdown during Saturday's press conference.

It is important to note that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is a Cowboys fan but a friend to Rex Ryan.

cardken2
08-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Keep it in prospective, You're Kansas City...Middle America...the East and West Coast Media doesn't care about you till you win. Small market vs Big Market, short and Sweet...Go Jets

Rasputin
08-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Rex Ryan is the biggest dufass in football right now. He deserves what he gets.

This actually distracts from Eli playing like shit during preseason and their offensive struggles so that maybe they can go undercover and fix their issues with out much of the scrutiny that the Jets are taking on.

That goes for the rest of the NFL teams the Jets are making headlines and teams can make themselves look better.

I'd rather fly under the radar up until the playoffs then blow teams away. No need to paint a target on your team.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
I'd rather have a 3-way with Octomom and John Goodman's corpse on pay-per-view.

notorious
08-27-2013, 05:50 PM
And ESPN is wondering why their ratings are tanking..........

TribalElder
08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
The jets are an acrobatic abortion of a prom night dumpster baby, what do you expect?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Why the fuck do you care whether or not the Chiefs get media coverage? For all the bitching people do about the media, they sure do feel a need to be validated by them.

notorious
08-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Why the **** do you care whether or not the Chiefs get media coverage? For all the bitching people do about the media, they sure do feel a need to be validated by them.

Our teams all suck major fucking ass. Why in the fuck should the media give our teams any attention?

Dylan
08-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Seriously?

The media talk about the Jets all the goddamn time. They talked about them all the time when Herm was there. They talked about them all the time when Parcells was there. Remember the saga with Mangini? They've gone ape shit with Ryan.

The media talking about the New York Jets a lot is nothing new. It's always been like this.

I disagree.

Edwards always got along well with the media covering the Jets.

Ryan’s big mouth and trash talking delivers little for his team and Jets fans. The media will allow you to fail once or twice – after that; you no longer are fooling anyone.

I hope that Geno Smith studies his press card talking points on how to handle the media. That is not to say he cannot engage with the them – He just cannot take what they write to heart.

Additionally, if Smith has a girlfriend, now would be a good time to get married.

blaise
08-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Why the **** do you care whether or not the Chiefs get media coverage? For all the bitching people do about the media, they sure do feel a need to be validated by them.

It's one of the worst sports complaints. "Where's our respect!" Win games, who cares what else happens.

Dylan
08-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Keep it in prospective, You're Kansas City...Middle America...the East and West Coast Media doesn't care about you till you win. Small market vs Big Market, short and Sweet...Go Jets

So, are you saying the only teams the media cares about are teams that resides on the east and west coast and wins Super Bowls? Very interesting.

It has been reported multiple times that the Giants are very happy to fly under the radar - Locally and nationally.

The sports media always wind up looking like fools at the end of the season with all their posturing and constant predictions. I look at it as the ‘kiss of death.’

TribalElder
08-27-2013, 06:52 PM
With the farmers almanac predicting a cold storm at the Super Bowl this year in new York how many analysts are ruling out manning face based on his total suck age in the cold weather

Dylan
08-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Peyton is headed to the Super Bowl?

TribalElder
08-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Peyton is headed to the Super Bowl?

Yes, he will be watching LMAO

TribalElder
08-27-2013, 06:56 PM
From papa johns suite
http://www.papajohns.com/franchise/images/thumb_news-peyton-franchisee.png

lcarus
08-27-2013, 06:57 PM
I wasn't complaining about how they get attention and we don't. I know the drill. They're just going way overboard at the moment and it's frustrating. But of course I like to point out how if the same thing was happening in KC, the media wouldn't care. That isn't whining that's just stating a fact.

Dylan
08-27-2013, 06:58 PM
TribalElder: LMAO

Rasputin
08-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I wasn't complaining about how they get attention and we don't. I know the drill. They're just going way overboard at the moment and it's frustrating. But of course I like to point out how if the same thing was happening in KC, the media wouldn't care. That isn't whining that's just stating a fact.

Yes, but at the same time if all that drama was happening here would you want to constantly hear about it? Fuck that noise.

Al Bundy
08-27-2013, 06:59 PM
ESPN lacks any creativity. All the people who are in charge there know is New York, Los Angeles, Boston and Miami. They are just lazy and simply aren't creative enough to cover the entire country.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Yes, but at the same time if all that drama was happening here would you want to constantly hear about it? Fuck that noise.

I wouldn't want to. Nope.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2013, 07:06 PM
ESPN lacks any creativity. All the people who are in charge there know is New York, Los Angeles, Boston and Miami. They are just lazy and simply aren't creative enough to cover the entire country.

It's called "ratings"

Nightfyre
08-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Yes, he will be watching LMAO

He probably already bought his tickets - and has paramedics on standby for when he chokes on his hot dog.

Rasputin
08-27-2013, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't want to. Nope.

That is my point. During the time of Pioli/Haley I found it quite embarrassing to hear all of what was happening then talk about the candy wrappers and spy cameras or tapping phone conspiracy it was like WTF is going on here? I'd much rather hear good news than bad new about the Chiefs any day of the week. OTOH I love hearing shit about Raider or shit about Broncos or any other team in the NFL. They can be bashed all day every day. So I'm happy keeping the Chiefs out of the network spectrum but it is good to hear good news once in a while that makes headlines.

MMXcalibur
08-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Short answer: Ratings

Medium length answer: New York

Longer answer: New York = ratings

You can do what I, and I'm sure a lot of people have done though: don't turn on ESPN except for live games. They see you tune in, they're going to keep feeding us the same senseless crap they always have. This is why Skip Bayless is allowed to troll the airwaves, unabated.

Bambi
08-27-2013, 07:23 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1185301_10102800479518491_1360568113_n.jpg

Al Bundy
08-27-2013, 07:32 PM
It's called "ratings"

I know.. but a lot of it comes from a serious lack of creativity on ESPN's part.

ClevelandBronco
08-27-2013, 07:38 PM

Are you upset because the media think there's currently a story in New York or because the rest of the country just doesn't give a shit about the Chiefs no matter what happens? Both?

lcarus
08-27-2013, 07:40 PM
I don't have many options down here. Its either national sports press or fuckin Sooners/OsU Cowboy talk. Sad fact is, I like listening/watching sports news and what not. I just wish it was less TMZ and more fact based news. Talk about what all teams are doing with cuts and their draft picks and signings and injuries. Sure theres some of that rarely, but the last couple weeks have been seriously heavy with the Jets circus.

notorious
08-27-2013, 08:01 PM
You guys are looking at this the wrong way.

Imagine, just for a moment, if ESPN fisted the Chiefs over and over when Cassel, Palko, and Quinn were our QB's and Crennel/Pioli ran the franchise.

I wouldn't be able to listen to the radio if the Chief's dirty laundry was constantly being aired.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 08:04 PM

Imagine, just for a moment, if ESPN fisted the Chiefs over and over when Cassel, Palko, and Quinn were our QB's and Crennel/Pioli ran the franchise.

I wouldn't be able to listen to the radio if the Chief's dirty laundry was constantly being aired.

I don't want a fist, but a vigorous pinky finger at just the right angle would satisfy me.

notorious
08-27-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't want a fist, but a vigorous pinky finger at just the right angle would satisfy me.

You just haven't lived yet.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 08:09 PM
You just haven't lived yet.

Well I live in shitty Tulsa, OK. Nothing to do here but take drugs and get pinky fucked.

notorious
08-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Well I live in shitty Tulsa, OK. Nothing to do here but take drugs and get pinky ****ed.

I got drunk and went to Crawpappy's (back when it was cool), Sutures, and Night Trips.

Danny Bob's came a little bit later.

Not exciting, but not horrible, either.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I got drunk and went to Crawpappy's (back when it was cool), Sutures, and Night Trips.

Danny Bob's came a little bit later.

Not exciting, but not horrible, either.

Ah I remember Crawpappys. Been a long while. I live a block away from Suture's now. Rarely go there though.

Marcellus
08-27-2013, 08:20 PM

No shit.

notorious
08-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Ah I remember Crawpappys. Been a long while. I live a block away from Suture's now. Rarely go there though.

Crawpappy's used to be the shit. I loved the people there, and the women weren't too shabby.

I visited a few friends from flight school 3 years ago and we went to Pappy's and it sucked ass.

Sutures had decent women. Both of those bars were owned by the same person BTW.

lcarus
08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Crawpappy's used to be the shit. I loved the people there, and the women weren't too shabby.

I visited a few friends from flight school 3 years ago and we went to Pappy's and it sucked ass.

Sutures had decent women. Both of those bars were owned by the same person BTW.

Oh yeah? Did not know that. Now whenever I need a couple beers I go to Twisted Lizard. Only because its right next to my trophy store.

ClevelandBronco
08-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey! Chiefs news!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/jaguars-claim-ricky-stanzi-off-waivers/

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2013, 09:08 PM
I know.. but a lot of it comes from a serious lack of creativity on ESPN's part.

That's completely untrue.

ESPN caters to the large markets because that's where the viewers live. If ratings are high, they can charge more per minute to advertisers. If ratings are low, they have to reduce their prices.

There are more than 20 million people in the Los Angeles basin alone. That's more than the combined populations of Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa combined.

And that's just one city.

Al Bundy
08-27-2013, 09:11 PM
That's completely untrue.

ESPN caters to the large markets because that's where the viewers live. If ratings are high, they can charge more per minute to advertisers. If ratings are low, they have to reduce their prices.

There are more than 20 million people in the Los Angeles basin alone. That's more than the combined populations of Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa combined.

And that's just one city.

I am aware of the demographics. ESPN is just being lazy. It's the "Hey we don't have to work on any stories, let's just throw the Jets on the TV and millions of dopey Jets fans will watch." I do know that it doesn't matter how good your team is, if you aren't from a few select markets you might as well not exist. No big deal to me, I don't watch ESPNY at all.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2013, 10:07 PM
I am aware of the demographics. ESPN is just being lazy. It's the "Hey we don't have to work on any stories, let's just throw the Jets on the TV and millions of dopey Jets fans will watch." I do know that it doesn't matter how good your team is, if you aren't from a few select markets you might as well not exist. No big deal to me, I don't watch ESPNY at all.

I don't watch ESPN, period, unless it's a MNF game or an important college game.

And the sound is always off.

:D

Speaking of college football, who's ready for some Gus on Fox?

notorious
08-27-2013, 10:12 PM

"Oh!"

Dylan
08-28-2013, 01:03 AM
ESPN doesn’t talk about the Giants. When they do, they never mention the positive aspects of the team. Thankfully, ESPN follows the Cowboys.

On the other hand, the Jets seem more interested in headlines than winning. You have Mark Sanchez Butt Fumble. Sanchez dancing butt naked with two women go viral. Then you have the Butt Stumble - Sanchez dropped back to throw, his feet got tangled and falls on his butt. Then, Sanchez having sex with a 17-year old love affair revealed. You have Sanchez eating a hot dog on the sidelines in Miami. Then, Sanchez fashion statement, wearing a green headband to match the team’s colors.

Who can forget Tim Tebow’s shirtless run across the Jet's practice field in the rain in slow motion.

Lastly, let us not forget the ringmaster – Rex Ryan, master of ceremonies.

This is worth mentioning - Ryan’s decision to put Sanchez in harm’s way is even more overwhelming considering the first string quarterback was behind a third and fourth-string offensive line. What Ryan did has to be one of the dumbest moves in football history. Ryan’s decision was reckless and irresponsible.

Step right up folks. Pick up the hammer and ring the bell. Everyone is a winner.

NJChiefsFan
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Short answer: Ratings

Medium length answer: New York

Longer answer: New York = ratings

You can do what I, and I'm sure a lot of people have done though: don't turn on ESPN except for live games. They see you tune in, they're going to keep feeding us the same senseless crap they always have. This is why Skip Bayless is allowed to troll the airwaves, unabated.

Yep.

I don't watch ESPN, period, unless it's a MNF game or an important college game.

And the sound is always off.

:D

You see the Gus commercial on FOX1?