PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Road Rage Today

NewChief
08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
So our students are back on campus here in Fayetteville, and traffic is crazy as hell. One of our local newscasters was interviewing the Chief of University Police about traffic and such when this happened:

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=3x2&auto_start=0&pf_id=12178&rel=3&show_title=0&va_id=4262345&volume=8&windows=1" width="425" height="330"></iframe>

ROFL

vailpass
08-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Road rage is a bad thing, people get shot. I stay the hell away from it no matter how pissed I get.

Rausch
08-28-2013, 06:32 PM
This is my weakness.

I'm all proud and profound on the "Forgiveness" thread but I'll fucking rip you out of the car and shove that smart phone up your ass in public...

NewChief
08-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Road rage is a bad thing, people get shot. I stay the hell away from it no matter how pissed I get.

I rage inside my car. The worst part is that my kids now rage as well in the car. I have (on average) a five minute commute, and that's a very good thing for my own safety and that of those around me.

Red Beans
08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
I was down there Monday prepping my condo for sale and goddamn it seems like Fayetteville's traffic is just horrendous. Compared to much of NWA anyway...

NewChief
08-28-2013, 06:34 PM
I was down there Monday prepping my condo for sale and goddamn it seems like Fayetteville's traffic is just horrendous. Compared to much of NWA anyway...

It's absolutely awful right now. It will calm down some once all the kids get their books and start skipping classes... but every year at this time of year it's just insane. I can hardly stand to be on the roads.

OnTheWarpath15
08-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Not that it excuses the person in the white car, but I'd love to know the speed limit on that stretch. Seems like the guy in the Escape was flying.

vailpass
08-28-2013, 06:36 PM
I rage inside my car. The worst part is that my kids now rage as well in the car. I have (on average) a five minute commute, and that's a very good thing for my own safety and that of those around me.

5 minutes? Nice. Here in the PHX the drives are a lot longer and there isn't a week goes by without a rage incident. Years ago when I was contracting with Mayo Clinic I saw one of our network engineers pull in and get in a knock down drag out with some stranger off the street. Had to fire him over it. Mellow guy but road rage makes people crazy.

Rausch
08-28-2013, 06:37 PM

This.

The only time I calm down is seeing a vet/purple heart Plate...

NewChief
08-28-2013, 06:38 PM
5 minutes? Nice. Here in the PHX the drives are a lot longer and there isn't a week goes by without a rage incident. Years ago when I was contracting with Mayo Clinic I saw one of our network engineers pull in and get in a knock down drag out with some stranger off the street. Had to fire him over it. Mellow guy but road rage makes people crazy.

I used to commute from Ft. Collins, CO to Cheyenne, WY (about an hour) when we lived in Colorado. Luckily, we were traveling the opposite direction with most traffic, but that drove me crazy. Thankfully, I had a good group to carpool with, so I usually slept if I wasn't driving.

Ironically, just prior to that job, I had a 25 minute bike commute, mostly on single track. That made me very, very happy. The long car commute took a little getting used to, to say the least.

ThaVirus
08-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Not to hijack, but this is probably the most insane road rage incident I've ever seen on film:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AP73XCqVzaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
08-28-2013, 06:40 PM
I used to commute from Ft. Collins, CO to Cheyenne, WY (about an hour) when we lived in Colorado. Luckily, we were traveling the opposite direction with most traffic, but that drove me crazy. Thankfully, I had a good group to carpool with, so I usually slept if I wasn't driving.

Funny what driving does to people. Louis CK has a good bit on it.

Simply Red
08-28-2013, 06:42 PM
now that I have such a fast car - I don't play no shit. :D:p

ThaVirus
08-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I've only ever had one issue with road rage in my life.

I was driving in a Publix parking lot and "cut off" an Eclipse that was passing over my lane. Truth is, he had stopped at a stop sign then accelerated but my lane didn't actually have a stop sign- which I'm guessing is what he assumed.

So they sped up to me a minute later and the passenger was like "You cut us off!" and I'm like "Huh?" and he says it again "YOU CUT US OFF, BITCH!". I was like "*shrug*... My bad". The driver just got this pissed off look and sped off.

With the way the passenger was acting, I'm 100% sure there would have been a physical altercation at the next light had I quipped back.

Not worth it, in my opinion.

Simply Red
Funny what driving does to people. Louis CK has a good bit on it.

he's a true talent - really like his work and I'm a late bloomer of his material.

Rausch
Not to hijack, but this is probably the most insane road rage incident I've ever seen on film:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AP73XCqVzaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Once he (road rager) left the vehicle I'd have floored it and "subdued" him between the bumpers...

NewChief
08-28-2013, 06:47 PM
I've only ever had one issue with road rage in my life.

I was driving in a Publix parking lot and "cut off" an Eclipse that was passing over my lane. Truth is, he had stopped at a stop sign then accelerated but my lane didn't actually have a stop sign- which I'm guessing is what he assumed.

So they sped up to me a minute later and the passenger was like "You cut us off!" and I'm like "Huh?" and he says it again "YOU CUT US OFF, BITCH!". I was like "*shrug*... My bad". The driver just got this pissed off look and sped off.

With the way the passenger was acting, I'm 100% sure there would have been a physical altercation at the next light had I quipped back.

Not worth it, in my opinion.

My worst one was when I was backing out of a parking spot. As I'm backing out, the person in the spot opposite me starts backing out and keeps on backing without ever checking her rear view. I quickly switch from R to D, lay on the horn, and move back into my spot. The dumb bitch then flips ME the bird. Something about the fact that she perceived the fault as mine (when I was in motion and almost out of my spot before she ever started backing up and then I had to do evasive driving to avoid a wreck with her oblivious ass) just infuriated me. I rolled down the windows, gave her a big "**** YOU, YOU DUMB BITCH" and then went about my business.

Oh, but then we both got stuck in traffic leaving the parking lot with me right behind her. That was kind of awkward.

vailpass
08-28-2013, 06:48 PM
he's a true talent - really like his work and I'm a late bloomer of his material.

Yeah he kills.

Al Bundy
08-28-2013, 06:50 PM

That loser should have been cut in half, Christine style.

NewChief
08-28-2013, 06:54 PM

I didn't know they had bath salts in Australia. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
My worst one was when I was backing out of a parking spot. As I'm backing out, the person in the spot opposite me starts backing out and keeps on backing without ever checking her rear view. I quickly switch from R to D, lay on the horn, and move back into my spot. The dumb bitch then flips ME the bird. Something about the fact that she perceived the fault as mine (when I was in motion and almost out of my spot before she ever started backing up and then I had to do evasive driving to avoid a wreck with her oblivious ass) just infuriated me. I rolled down the windows, gave her a big "**** YOU, YOU DUMB BITCH" and then went about my business.

Oh, but then we both got stuck in traffic leaving the parking lot with me right behind her. That was kind of awkward.

ROFL ROFL ROFL I've had that happen more than a couple of times, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has felt awkward when stuck behind them at a light. I'm a very mild mannered, easy going, easy to get along with, motherfucker. Put me behind the wheel of a car though and all bets are off. I go zero to defcom 5 in a heartbeat, and get pretty raw verbally. I've been ready to fight on more than one occasion and am lucky it's never come to that, because best case it leads to criminal charges, and worst case I go into a pine box.

gblowfish
08-28-2013, 07:01 PM
If you add up all the string of town in NWA: Bella Vista to Fayetteville, its about the size of Tulsa, isn't it?

ModSocks
08-28-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't really get road rage but i do get a kick out of it when people rage on me. It's probably not the best thing to do, but i like to taunt them when they get mad, watch them get REALLY mad.

The one thing that does irritate me though is when you are about to switch lanes, have plenty of room to do so, throw on your turn signal....and then the asshole behind you speeds up to close the gap. That's how you know you're just being a dick.

Rausch
08-28-2013, 07:08 PM
If you add up all the string of town in NWA:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Yo! MTV Raps presents!

NSFW

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-MrQtOoQRpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief
08-28-2013, 07:23 PM
If you add up all the string of town in NWA: Bella Vista to Fayetteville, its about the size of Tulsa, isn't it?

Similar. I think we're getting close to 500k for the region. The problem with Fayetteville is that it isn't built to handle that kind of traffic, AT ALL. It especially isn't built to deal with a yearly influx of 25k students around the University area, probably a common problem for college towns.

Psyko Tek
08-28-2013, 07:29 PM

how I deal with PHX traffic, I drive a 74 plymouth, flat black with red rims and headlights,
DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE INSURANCE????

people give me space, and yes I do have insurance
I stay the fuck off the freeway
run surface streets, that way I can see, why I am stopped az drivers will slow down to look at anything

SAUTO
08-28-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't really get road rage but i do get a kick out of it when people rage on me. It's probably not the best thing to do, but i like to taunt them when they get mad, watch them get REALLY mad.

The one thing that does irritate me though is when you are about to switch lanes, have plenty of room to do so, throw on your turn signal....and then the asshole behind you speeds up to close the gap. That's how you know you're just being a dick.

Ohhhhhh the old block jobber...
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
08-28-2013, 07:37 PM
how I deal with PHX traffic, I drive a 74 plymouth, flat black with red rims and headlights,
DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE INSURANCE????

people give me space, and yes I do have insurance
I stay the **** off the freeway
run surface streets, that way I can see, why I am stopped az drivers will slow down to look at anything

Don't know how you can live there and not get on the 101_17_10 at some point but nice job.

lewdog
08-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Don't know how you can live there and not get on the 101_17_10 at some point but nice job.

Yea I don't either. I commute the 101 and I don't think it is all that bad. I do 75-80 in the far lanes and never have problems. It's the tards doing 60 and staying in the far right lane for miles that fuck everything up.

vailpass
08-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Yea I don't either. I commute the 101 and I don't think it is all that bad. I do 75-80 in the far lanes and never have problems. It's the tards doing 60 and staying in the far right lane for miles that **** everything up.

Absolutely. And the HOV lane rocks.

lewdog
08-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Absolutely. And the HOV lane rocks.

I commute by myself so I haven't risked the HOV lane.....yet.

I also commute off rush hour, usually at 6 am and 3 pm. I personally don't find Phoenix drivers all that bad but I am leery of all the un-insured drivers out here. Could make for a real fiasco.

ThaVirus
08-28-2013, 07:53 PM

LMAO Yeah, that's hella awkward.

vailpass
08-28-2013, 07:54 PM
I commute by myself so I haven't risked the HOV lane.....yet.

I also commute off rush hour, usually at 6 am and 3 pm. I personally don't find Phoenix drivers all that bad but I am leery of all the un-insured drivers out here. Could make for a real fiasco.

Good hours. I work from home but take the kids to school, 101/56th street exit. Ever since they put the hov in its been gravy. Agree, most are good drivers but the motorcycles are freaking nuts. Don't get in that hov lane alone, ticket is$500.

morphius
08-28-2013, 08:17 PM
I think my favorite road rage story was when a guy lost it when I honked my horn (just a short "Hey" honk) to keep him from running into me when on a double left turn he slid about 2 feet of his work van into my lane. Then he spent the next 7 miles chasing me, getting right up on my tail, flipping me off over and over, and acted like he was going to follow me home. All I could do was laugh, sorry I didn't help get you fired from your job by having a careless wreck driving a work vehicle. Should have called his work to complain, but figured that to be that much of a punk he must have something else bad going on.

HonestChieffan
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Do 75 in the left lane for a 20 mile stretch anywhere from KC to Columbia and you will see serious rage oubreaks.

Bugeater
08-28-2013, 10:21 PM
What an asswipe...he had to of known he didn't hit the other car, but still gets out and acts like he needs to check out his vehicle when all he really wanted to do was rage.

Rasputin
08-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Awwe man am disapointed in that clip because she paused it like he asked her too. She could have kept filming would have been more fun to watch how he handled that.

BWillie
08-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Sorry about that bro

GordonGekko
08-29-2013, 01:02 AM
In my opinion, road rage is somewhat excusable. Don't get me wrong, it is not worth hurting or killing someone over, but if everyone acted all Mr. Rogers with each other, then people would just take advantage and do whatever they wanted on the roads. If someone almost kills you or seriously hurts you, it is ok to be a little mad about it.

vailpass
08-29-2013, 01:13 AM
In my opinion, road rage is somewhat excusable. Don't get me wrong, it is not worth hurting or killing someone over, but if everyone acted all Mr. Rogers with each other, then people would just take advantage and do whatever they wanted on the roads. If someone almost kills you or seriously hurts you, it is ok to be a little mad about it.

Gun play happens.

WhiteWhale
08-29-2013, 06:08 AM
I drive between 15 and 20 thousand miles per year.

I'd say that people who road rage are annoying as shit. That asshole who just flips everyone off and freaks out in his car every time he's cut off? Get a ****ing grip dude.

Sure, sometimes I get mad at jackasses who almost hit me. I'm no robot.

Rage isn't about being mad. Rage is a behavior. Anger is an emotion. Emotions are what they are. It's a part of being human. Raging is a lack self control. It's just the grown up version of a temper tantrum.

bevischief
08-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Retired people.

BlackHelicopters
08-29-2013, 06:49 AM
I use my middle finger a lot

MOhillbilly
08-29-2013, 08:53 AM
I drive a tractor to work on my own private lane. The commute takes 5 minutes.

It's brutal.

MOhillbilly
08-29-2013, 08:55 AM
I did almost blow a hole in a guy who thought he was gonna get out and fight.

When I drew down with my 44 and he turned around and got back in his truck.

Ya never know who you're gonna run into.

Edit- in spfld

NewChief
08-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I drive between 15 and 20 thousand miles per year.

I'd say that people who road rage are annoying as shit. That asshole who just flips everyone off and freaks out in his car every time he's cut off? Get a ****ing grip dude.

Sure, sometimes I get mad at jackasses who almost hit me. I'm no robot.

Rage isn't about being mad. Rage is a behavior. Anger is an emotion. Emotions are what they are. It's a part of being human. Raging is a lack self control. It's just the grown up version of a temper tantrum.

My rage isn't about getting cut off and things of that nature (because I don't drive on the interstate). It's when you're sitting in a long ass light (the ones that take 2-3 switches before you get through them), and the asshole in front of you sits there when the light turns green because he's texting. Or when it's a place that's a KNOWN difficulty turning left and you absolutely MUST be aggressive and take slight openings if you're actually going to turn left, and some pussy driver sits there, ignoring opening after opening, likely chatting with their passenger or looking down at their phone.

stevieray
08-29-2013, 09:08 AM
I used to enjoy driving.

MOhillbilly
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
:thumb:

stevieray
08-29-2013, 09:19 AM
:thumb:

i think your tractor fell over.

The Franchise
08-29-2013, 09:21 AM
My rage isn't about getting cut off and things of that nature (because I don't drive on the interstate). It's when you're sitting in a long ass light (the ones that take 2-3 switches before you get through them), and the asshole in front of you sits there when the light turns green because he's texting. Or when it's a place that's a KNOWN difficulty turning left and you absolutely MUST be aggressive and take slight openings if you're actually going to turn left, and some pussy driver sits there, ignoring opening after opening, likely chatting with their passenger or looking down at their phone.

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk......I hate that bullshit.

blaise
08-29-2013, 09:40 AM
What an asswipe...he had to of known he didn't hit the other car, but still gets out and acts like he needs to check out his vehicle when all he really wanted to do was rage.

I know. People are a-holes like that. Like, what do you want?

They do the same thing if you back out of a parking space and they have to beep or something. Sit there looking for like 10 seconds. Like, so what? There was no accident. Save the drama act.

Frosty
08-29-2013, 09:43 AM

Or when a moron putts along at 10 under the speed limit and then turns into Mario Andretti when they get to the passing lane (only to go back to slow mo after it's back to two lanes). :#