PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV 2003 Movies. Do you feel old? Used your time well?

BigRedChief
08-31-2013, 07:30 AM
Off Reddit. WTF, where did the time go?

Every movie released in '03 is 10 years old now. so, did you use your time well?

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Finding Nemo
School of Rock
Kill Bill
Xmen 2
Old School
Pirates of the Caribbean
Underworld
Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions
Hulk (Bana)
Terminator 3
The Last Samurai
Bad Boys II
Love Actually

CoMoChief
08-31-2013, 07:31 AM
I thought the Underworld movies were all stupid.

AussieChiefsFan
08-31-2013, 07:37 AM

Every movie released in '03 is 10 years old now. so, did you use your time well?

Finding Nemo
School of Rock
Kill Bill
Xmen 2
Old School
Pirates of the Caribbean
Underworld
Hulk (Bana)
Terminator 3
The Last Samurai
Bad Boys II
Love Actually
That's crazy. Time flies.

Frazod
08-31-2013, 07:40 AM
I thought the Underworld movies were all stupid.

It's not about being smart. It's about Kate Beckinsale's ass in that leather outfit. :drool:

L.A. Chieffan
08-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Some of those seem ancient, others make you think time flies. In related news AP is thirteen years old.

Consistent1
08-31-2013, 08:03 AM
School of Rock was awesome.

BigMeatballDave
08-31-2013, 08:05 AM
Lord of the Snoozefest

CoMoChief
08-31-2013, 08:36 AM
It's not about being smart. It's about Kate Beckinsale's ass in that leather outfit. :drool:

yes she's a babe. Prob in my top 5, which was enough for me to see it but that's it.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2013, 08:37 AM

School of Rock
Kill Bill
Xmen 2
Old School
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Last Samurai
Bad Boys II

All these were excellent and I will stop and watch for at least a few minutes if I'm flipping and they are on. LoTR is good, but a chore to watch at times.

CoMoChief
08-31-2013, 08:38 AM
School of Rock was awesome.

I enjoyed it. Jack Black plays a better dumbass junkie character than anything else though....SoR he wasn't so much that but I still enjoyed it. His best characters were from Saving Silverman and Orange County

Hammock Parties
08-31-2013, 08:38 AM
I'll never forget crying my eyes out at the end of Return of the King.

It was a spiritual experience.

"My friends...you bow to no man."

Such a perfect movie.

MrNightly
08-31-2013, 08:48 AM

Such a perfect movie.

I own the extended editions, DTS of all three of these. Best movies of all time for me. (BTW, i let my mom borrow these the other month, and she had a really hard time watching the originals. With all the extra footage added back in, 30mins, 40mins and over 50mins for them in order) she really enjoyed the films. Helped tie everything together she said.

I hope that the Hobbit trilogy comes close. The first one was off to a good start.

BigRedChief
08-31-2013, 10:50 AM
I hope that the Hobbit trilogy comes close. The first one was off to a good start.Snoozefest.;)

notorious
08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
10 years?

Die Hard is 25 years old. :(

BigMeatballDave
08-31-2013, 11:36 AM

Such a perfect movie.LMAO It made me cry, too.

I fell asleep and fell off the couch and got a concussion from the coffee table.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2013, 11:36 AM

Such a perfect movie.

That was so gay. I thought Sam was gonna tell the little hobbits to take a walk so he could saunter over to Frodo and suck his fucking cock. Now *that* would have been an Academy Award worthy ending

And then, right after the Sam/Frodo suckfest, right before the credits roll, Sam fucking flat out bricks in Frodo's mouth

/Randall

Frazod
08-31-2013, 12:03 PM

Such a perfect movie.

It would have been perfect if it had ended there, instead of dragging on for another pointless half hour while had I pee. :grr:

Hammock Parties
08-31-2013, 12:31 PM
It would have been perfect if it had ended there, instead of dragging on for another pointless half hour while had I pee. :grr:

No. It was beautiful. All of it. Right down to the slow camera zoom on the Hobbit hole door as it fades to black. :crybaby:

Rams Fan
08-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Fuck Matrix Reloaded

And double fuck Matrix Revolutions.

Molitoth
08-31-2013, 02:06 PM
**** Matrix Reloaded

And double **** Matrix Revolutions.

bah, Matrix reloaded was pure awesome.

tredadda
08-31-2013, 02:08 PM
I own the extended editions, DTS of all three of these. Best movies of all time for me. (BTW, i let my mom borrow these the other month, and she had a really hard time watching the originals. With all the extra footage added back in, 30mins, 40mins and over 50mins for them in order) she really enjoyed the films. Helped tie everything together she said.

I hope that the Hobbit trilogy comes close. The first one was off to a good start.

No chance. They made a 3 hour movie based off of each of the three LOTR books. They now made 3 separate three hour movies based off of the Hobbit, which was smaller than any of the LOTR books. Jackson should have just made one movie instead of doing three and taking quite a bit of "creative license" with a classic story.

The Iron Chief
08-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Hell that movie list seems like just yesterday.
At least when I compare it to telling my boys this morning
that the 1st time I kissed their mother was when we went to see..

Back to the Future (1985)

keg in kc
08-31-2013, 02:53 PM
The last 10 years vanished like a fart in the wind.

sd4chiefs
08-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Do you feel old?

Yes

Used your time well?

No, I wasted way to many hours, maybe days on CP.

BigMeatballDave
08-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Fuck Matrix Reloaded

And double fuck Matrix Revolutions.

The Matrix franchise is a billion times better than Lord of the boring-ass rings.

Easy 6
08-31-2013, 05:14 PM
"and then one day you'll find, ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun..."

I've wasted atleast five and a half years of the previous ten in a business i grew to hate with the core of my being, don't regret leaving it, but sure as hell regret not moving on sooner.

Some of those movies seem like just yesterday, its amazing how fast a decade flies by.

Rasputin
08-31-2013, 05:24 PM
10 years?

I can't watch any of the newer ones that they made. I loved the first one, the second I guess was ok but Yepee Kia Yeah Mother Fuckers to the rest.

BigRedChief
08-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Some of those movies seem like just yesterday, its amazing how fast a decade flies by.That was my first thought when I saw the list. :thumb:

Rasputin
08-31-2013, 07:30 PM
The 1997 movie ConAir was on last night & I remembered I hated it 16 years ago as much as I hate it now. Just a horrible movie with Kevin Costn er I mean Nicolas Cage bad acting syndrome.

I had no idea it came out 16 years ago when I watched the movie break apart in mid air.

Frazod
08-31-2013, 07:32 PM
I can't watch any of the newer ones that they made. I loved the first one, the second I guess was ok but Yepee Kia Yeah Mother Fuckers to the rest.

The second one was fucktarded. The third one was okay, the fourth one was meh, I wouldn't even watch the last one.

aturnis
09-01-2013, 01:03 AM
10 years?

Yeah, but Die Hard is the shit.

bigjosh
09-01-2013, 01:11 AM

Such a perfect movie.

http://i.qkme.me/3625bo.jpg

Fairplay
09-01-2013, 01:11 AM
A terrible list of movies, just awful.

Demonpenz
09-01-2013, 01:14 AM
The girl I am dating is born in 94..she wasn't alive when kurt cobain killed himselff

J Diddy
09-01-2013, 01:15 AM
I can't watch any of the newer ones that they made. I loved the first one, the second I guess was ok but Yepee Kia Yeah Mother ****ers to the rest.

The second and third ones made me want to ice pick myself to the eyeball. Live free and die hard I enjoyed--little bit biased I like Bruce Willis, Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant, and Kevin Smith.

I thought 2 was too contrived and three was like Dora the explorer.

J Diddy
09-01-2013, 01:17 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3625bo.jpg

I would disagree. In fact I was so knuckleheaded about this that I didn't got the first 2 until the night before Return of the King came out on video.

It was quite enjoyable, with the 2nd being my least favorite.

J Diddy
09-01-2013, 01:18 AM
The Matrix franchise is a billion times better than Lord of the boring-ass rings.

not even.

Matrix is the same ol plot movie by movie

At least in LOR there's a different element.

Fairplay
09-01-2013, 01:20 AM

Finding Nemo
School of Rock
Kill Bill
Xmen 2
Old School
Pirates of the Caribbean
Underworld
Hulk (Bana)
Terminator 3
The Last Samurai
Bad Boys II
Love Actually

Weekend at Bernies kicked all their ass.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-01-2013, 04:13 AM
They're not real. They're fantasies. The drooping, leaf glogged gutter on the garage is 11 years of real.

Tribal Warfare
09-01-2013, 04:51 AM
The girl I am dating is born in 94..she wasn't alive when kurt cobain killed himselff

or when the 1st Nintendo game console was out too, hell I still wear my Beavis & Butthead T-shirt that was made in '94

Tribal Warfare
09-01-2013, 05:20 AM
It's even more trippy to see that Tombstone and Jurassic Park are 20 year old films.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2013, 06:43 AM
not even.

Matrix is the same ol plot movie by movie

At least in LOR there's a different element.

If by 'different element', you mean 'cures insomnia', then yes. :)

BigRedChief
09-01-2013, 06:53 AM
or when the 1st Nintendo game console was out too, hell I still wear my Beavis & Butthead T-shirt that was made in '94I watched a Beavis and Butthead episode on Netflix last night. It had held up pretty good.

Al Bundy
09-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Have I spent my time well since 2003? Fuck no, I have spent well over half of it here. Oh and LOTR sucks.

BlackHelicopters
09-01-2013, 07:40 AM
I only watch good movies