PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Since our interior O-line sucks......

Chiefshrink
08-31-2013, 02:53 PM
does Reid attempt to bring in Danny Watkins his 1st rd 2011 pick in hopes that Watkins works out here and improves our O-line thus Reid saves face as well ? Watkins has to be better than Allen/Hudson I would think :shrug:

nychief
08-31-2013, 02:54 PM
No/thread.

KC Hawks
08-31-2013, 02:55 PM
He'll probably retire.

Titty Meat
08-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Will Shields

Chiefshrink
08-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Will Shields

Sure if he wants. But I did read where Waters still wants to play.

okiedokieokoye
08-31-2013, 04:13 PM
We only have a million to spend under the cap, will he even be affordable?

mcaj22
08-31-2013, 04:15 PM
We only have a million to spend under the cap, will he even be affordable?

no, hes a former first round pick that has to pass through waivers with that salary. chiefs would have to do some major restructuring or have something up their ass to claim him.

that said he is better than Jeff Allen, Hudson etc

Rasputin
08-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Sure if he wants. But I did read where Waters still wants to play.

That is water under the bridge, but I heard that JJ Cowboy Saltlicks was interested in his service.

aturnis
09-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Why did he get cut?

Sorter
09-01-2013, 01:30 AM
no, hes a former first round pick that has to pass through waivers with that salary. chiefs would have to do some major restructuring or have something up their ass to claim him.

I believe he's a 1st round pick under the new CBA and with cuts the chiefs would have enough to sign and then possibly re-srtucture.

As far as the logic of bringing him in, it could be the reasoning for Reynolds release (although Reynolds could work as a swing tackle as well, if my sac memories serve me right).

DaneMcCloud
09-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Why did he get cut?

Because he's awesome and Chip Kelly just can't deal with awesome

Sorter
09-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Because he's Mormon and Chip Kelly just can't deal with Mormons

FYP.

aturnis
09-01-2013, 01:41 AM
FYP.

ROFL

TEX
09-01-2013, 01:42 AM

Clearing waivers starts in KC. I hope they claim him.

T-post Tom
09-01-2013, 01:42 AM
No. He's a bust. But Dorsey will have DJ Williams signed soon as our new TE. There's your 53 man roster. (Unless Andy wants Clay Harbor.) Could see the phins pursuing these two as well.

CupidStunt
09-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Word is the reason he's sucked is that he doesn't give a shit about football. If so, hard to justify giving him a roster spot over ANYONE. He probably doesn't even wanna be claimed. I'm sure his 1st round contract had enough guaranteed coin to sort him out for life.

milkman
09-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Why does Reid need to save face?

Rausch
09-01-2013, 07:13 AM
I didn't know our interior O line sucked...

Skyy God
09-01-2013, 07:47 AM
No. He's a bust. But Dorsey will have DJ Williams signed soon as our new TE. There's your 53 man roster. (Unless Andy wants Clay Harbor.) Could see the phins pursuing these two as well.

I had forgotten Harbor was a MSU product.... my guess is it's him.

rabblerouser
09-01-2013, 08:10 AM

well, you read it here first!!

BlackHelicopters
09-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Jeff Blackshear.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2013, 12:12 PM
does Reid attempt to bring in Danny Watkins his 1st rd 2011 pick in hopes that Watkins works out here and improves our O-line thus Reid saves face as well ? Watkins has to be better than Allen/Hudson I would think :shrug:

GET...

THE FUCK...

OUT!

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 02:06 PM

I haven't seen anything in the preseason to say that it did.

And I have no reason as to why people are concerned with Hudson. He looked absolutely balls out against the Saints and thought he did just fine in the other games.

BlackHelicopters
09-01-2013, 02:20 PM

Breaking news!

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Word is the reason he's sucked is that he doesn't give a shit about football. If so, hard to justify giving him a roster spot over ANYONE.

Yes so much so that Reid's first hand conversation with him say's otherwise so 'The Word' must have it wrong AGAIN !:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 02:43 PM

And I have no reason as to why people are concerned with Hudson. He looked absolutely balls out against the Saints and thought he did just fine in the other games.

We ran 70% pass plays this pre-season, did you see the other 30% of run plays just absolutely tear it up or at least dominate and get 4-5yds a pop ? Did you see Hudson/Allen against N.O/San Fran/Pitt ? They got manhandled and why any carries between the tackles went for not. These are upper eschuland D lines especially San Fran if we are going to compete at that level. Pull up the play by play stats of the first half of run plays from the Pitt game and count all the 'No gains' we had. There was only one 11yd run.

Take off your 'homer eyes' and put on some real 'critical objective football eyes'
and go back and watch snap for snap all 3 pre-season 1st team interior O-line play and they pushed NOBODY around whatsoever but rather got pushed back a lot !!

Maybe Watkins can help maybe not, but at least it's trying to fill a need we desperately have IMO.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Did you See Knile and Jamaal light it up between the tackles this pre-season or at least dominate at 4 to 5 yds a pop this pre-season ? Neither did I :rolleyes:

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 03:23 PM
We ran 70% pass plays this pre-season, did you see the other 30% of run plays just absolutely tear it up or at least dominate and get 4-5yds a pop ? Did you see Hudson/Allen against N.O/San Fran/Pitt ? They got manhandled and why any carries between the tackles went for not. These are upper eschuland D lines especially San Fran if we are going to compete at that level. Pull up the play by play stats of the first half of run plays from the Pitt game and count all the 'No gains' we had. There was only one 11yd run.

Take off your 'homer eyes' and put on some real 'critical objective football eyes'
and go back and watch snap for snap all 3 pre-season 1st team interior O-line play and they pushed NOBODY around whatsoever but rather got pushed back a lot !!

Maybe Watkins can help maybe not, but at least it's trying to fill a need we desperately have IMO.

That's pretty knee jerk if you ask me.

We were running a lot of screens and shit and obvious run plays were obvious.

You also didn't see a lot of pulls or traps by the o-line.

Sorry, but I don't echo your sentiments about the offensive line. The only bad series that they had was the first one with the 49ers. That's it. And I certainly didn't see Hudson getting manhandled like you imply.

RunKC
09-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Hudson got worked against the Saints and the 49ers.

The gif that Clay had of Alex Smith not throwing it to DMC in New Orleans was a clear example of Hudson getting his ass kicked.

I'm concerned.

RunKC
09-01-2013, 03:31 PM
here's what I was referring to Sac.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/wtfalex.gif

Hudson got destroyed here.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 03:31 PM
That's pretty knee jerk if you ask me.

We were running a lot of screens and shit and obvious run plays were obvious.

You also didn't see a lot of pulls or traps by the o-line.

Sorry, but I don't echo your sentiments about the offensive line. The only bad series that they had was the first one with the 49ers. That's it. And I certainly didn't see Hudson getting manhandled like you imply.

And why you have the reputation you have and why you couldn't see the Danny Watkins signing ahead of time:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 03:34 PM
here's what I was referring to Sac.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/wtfalex.gif

Hudson got destroyed here.

totally agree about Hudson getting destroyed there BUT Smith still could have made that throw don't you think? Where the yellow circle becomes visible is where Smith should have released the ball IMO.

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 03:37 PM
And why you have the reputation you have and why you couldn't see the Danny Watkins signing ahead of time:rolleyes:

My reputation, sir, is impeccable.

And I have no problem with the Watkins signing. Pretty much expected it if he was released from the Eagles, as he was. Much the same as I called the Reynolds signing when Reid first got here.

It's not like you are fucking Nostradamus, though it seems like you would like to be recognized and treated as such. Should we all bow down to your prognosticating power, oh sayer of soothes?

Both are now on the practice squad, which was a very good move.

However, neither are going to be replacing Hudson at center.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 03:39 PM
totally agree about Hudson getting destroyed there BUT Smith still could have made that throw don't you think? Where the yellow circle becomes visible is where Smith should have released the ball IMO.

Hudson gets "destroyed" there because Asamoah comes in from the right and pushes Hudson's man off him, allowing his momentum to carry around Hudson and into the pocket.

Hudson had his guy locked up until that happened. Hell, you've got five offensive linemen standing in the middle of the field and Hudson is the only guy still trying to maintain a block on his guy.

If you want to bitch about that play, you better bitch about Asamoah versus Hudson.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 03:44 PM
My reputation, sir, is impeccable.

And I have no problem with the Watkins signing. Pretty much expected it if he was released from the Eagles, as he was. Much the same as I called the Reynolds signing when Reid first got here.

It's not like you are ****ing Nostradamus, though it seems like you would like to be recognized and treated as such. Should we all bow down to your prognosticating power, oh sayer of soothes?

Both are now on the practice squad, which was a very good move.

However, neither are going to be replacing Hudson at center.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Nah, I'm no prophet and have been wrong several times but I have also learned along the way.

But your 'Narcissistic Homer Eyes' precede you and I have no ill will towards you personally my friend. Just please improve your 'football eyes'.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Hudson gets "destroyed" there because Asamoah comes in from the right and pushes Hudson's man off him, allowing his momentum to carry around Hudson and into the pocket.

Hudson had his guy locked up until that happened. Hell, you've got five offensive linemen standing in the middle of the field and Hudson is the only guy still trying to maintain a block on his guy.

If you want to bitch about that play, you better bitch about Asamoah versus Hudson.

This proves you have no 'football eyes'. Hudson gets bull rushed all to hell and Asamoah who recognizes this helps out but Hudson does NOT HAVE THE FEET,QUICKNESS or the strength to stay with the block to keep the defender off Smith's ass. But Smith f'd up IMO by giving up on the play too soon because he still could have thrown that pass which is not a good sign giving up on plays too soon.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Anyone pushing for more O-line at the top of this upcoming draft should be neutered.

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 04:04 PM
This proves you have no 'football eyes'. Hudson gets bull rushed all to hell and Asamoah who recognizes this helps out but Hudson does NOT HAVE THE FEET,QUICKNESS or the strength to stay with the block to keep the defender off Smith's ass. But Smith f'd up IMO by giving up on the play too soon because he still could have thrown that pass which is not a good sign giving up on plays too soon.

I am sorry sir, but I see it differently.

It is a three man rush with the Saints dropping eight into zone coverage. The Chiefs are in a straight block with Smith in a three step drop. Hudson does get bullrushed, but he's got his man in front of him and he recovers only to find Asamoah has pushed his man around him, with the defenders momentum fuelled by Asamoah's untimely redirection able to carry him past Hudson's left and into the pocket.

Hudson is still able to recover and attempts to keep his hands on his man, but the extra inertia provided by Asamoah proves too much, enabling the defender to redirect Smith out of the pocket and to the right.

And Smith did not give up on that pass play. The LCB was sitting in zone coverage on the corner and was going to jump the play. It was a heady understanding of the coverage where Smith wisely chose to throw the ball away and live for another play - which they did.

I believe that your two main criticisms are unfounded and improperly placed. I beseech you to take a more objective approach to analyzing the play, free of the now obvious negative bias you possess.

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Anyone pushing for more O-line at the top of this upcoming draft should be neutered.

Well, it is a nice draft for offensive linemen.

Both Lewan and Matthews are superior prospects to their 2013 Michigan area and Texas A&M counterparts.

And when you add in guys like Gabe Jackson, Cameron Erving and Cyrus Kouandijou, it's a pretty solid looking offensive line draft for the first round.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Well, it is a nice draft for offensive linemen.

Both Lewan and Matthews are superior prospects to their 2013 Michigan area and Texas A&M counterparts.

And when you add in guys like Gabe Jackson, Cameron Erving and Cyrus Kouandijou, it's a pretty solid looking offensive line draft for the first round.

I will fucking kill you if this goes down.:harumph:

Saccopoo
09-01-2013, 04:20 PM
I will ****ing kill you if this goes down.:harumph:

Actually, now that I think about it, where the Chiefs will be picking if the season goes to plan and they end up with a 8-8 to 11-5 record, I think that Cyril Richardson of Baylor would be the most value pick that they could make, especially if the interior of the offensive line is as weak as some of these people believe.

(And, in actuality, I think that they could upgrade either Allen or Asamoah if they continue to struggle.)

Richardson is an absolute mountain of a man with surprising agility who has played LT, but is more suited to the interior. He should be the first guard taken in the 2014 draft.

Though, WR Sammy Watkins out of Clemson would also be a viable pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Actually, now that I think about it-

LALALALALALALALALALALALAICANTFUCKINGHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEARYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULALALALALALALALALALA...

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I am sorry sir, but I see it differently.

Hudson does get bullrushed, but he's got his man in front of him and he recovers only to find Asamoah has pushed his man around him, with the defenders momentum fuelled by Asamoah's untimely redirection able to carry him past Hudson's left and into the pocket.

Hudson is still able to recover and attempts to keep his hands on his man, but the extra inertia provided by Asamoah proves too much, enabling the defender to redirect Smith out of the pocket and to the right.

And Smith did not give up on that pass play. The LCB was sitting in zone coverage on the corner and was going to jump the play. It was a heady understanding of the coverage where Smith wisely chose to throw the ball away and live for another play - which they did.

Recovery by Hudson ??? Seriously after getting bull rushed ????? I didn't see the recovery and neither did Asamoah otherwise he wouldn't have attempted to aid. After Asam aids Hudson, Hudson neither has the quick feet or the strength to stay with the 'inertia' as you say to stay with the block.

Smith can't make that throw ? Seriously ???? Look at it again. With Smith having to adjust to a brisk roll out with the WR following him and actually coming towards him starting at the 5 yd line and finishing at the 10 yrd line, that back deep corner never comes up and besides he is waaaay too deep to jump that route for as fast as that play developed between Smith and the WR. I have played QB and I still make that throw every time because I recognize that CB is too deep to jump the route because of the speed of the play and the WR is actually coming towards me which walls off the CB even if he tried.

Keep diggin that hole.

Red Gorilla
09-01-2013, 07:23 PM
He'll probably just go back to fire fighting. That seems to be his passion anyway.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 08:52 PM
He'll probably just go back to fire fighting. That seems to be his passion anyway.

Well there are plenty of fires to put out on our interior O-line:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Well there are plenty of fires to put out on our interior O-line:D

trollololololololol:shake:

Chiefshrink
09-01-2013, 08:58 PM
trollololololololol:shake:

Pot meet kettle !:D

Direckshun
09-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Sac pretty much owns everybody in this thread.

O.city
09-01-2013, 09:03 PM
We didnt sign Watkins. We sent barkevious Watkins to the practice squad

milkman
09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm still waiting for the idiot thread starter to tell me why Reid needs to save face.

RunKC
09-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Sac pretty much owns everybody in this thread.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Why did he get cut?

ROFL

Because he sucks

DaneMcCloud
09-02-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm still waiting for the idiot thread starter to tell me why Reid needs to save face.

I'd rather not speak for that dipshit but Watkins was a first round pick of Reid's when he was running the personnel department and making the final decisions.

Red Gorilla
09-02-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't think interior o-line is as bad as people are making out.