PDA

View Full Version : Life For those who take zyrtec, claritin, or allegra?

NewChief
09-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Have you ever experienced depression from them?

I didn't realize this was a known deal until a friend recently posted about it. I then started realizing that I also feel some of the described effects when I have to take them for multiple days at a time.

Ace Gunner
09-04-2013, 09:11 AM
if you end up shooting yourself, do it through your heart so we can study your lib brain :D

gblowfish
09-04-2013, 09:11 AM
I take a Claritin every day.
I thought it was the Chiefs and Royals that had been causing my depression. Go figure.

Saul Good
09-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Not really, but Zyrtec made me go into stages of suddenly being overwhelmingly tired. I can see how that could have easily created a "depressed" feeling as well.

NewChief
09-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Not really, but Zyrtec made me go into stages of suddenly being overwhelmingly tired. I can see how that could have easily created a "depressed" feeling as well.

I don't get really physically tired on them (I probably drink way too much caffeine for that effect), but I get really, really unmotivated. That then exacerbates the "depression" because I don't take care of the shit I need to get done, leading to more anxiety, leading to more avoidance, etc...

I'm not prone to this kind of behavior, either. I'm usually very cognizant and capable of kicking myself out of funks by changing behaviors (make myself work out, take care of thing that are nagging at me, eating better, etc..).

Saul Good
09-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I get to where I can't keep my eyes open and have to shut the door to my office and put my head down for a bit. I didn't realize what was causing it until someone else mentioned that Zyrtec makes her tired.

Frosty
09-04-2013, 09:29 AM
I get to where I can't keep my eyes open and have to shut the door to my office and put my head down for a bit. I didn't realize what was causing it until someone else mentioned that Zyrtec makes her tired.

I get that almost every day and don't take Zyrtec. :(

I didn't get depressed taking Zyrtec but it did make me gain weight so I haven't taken it in years.

BlackHelicopters
09-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Kansas City sports fan is depressed. Breaking news.

Pablo
09-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I take Flonase and Claritin pretty much daily for some shitty allergies and I've never really noticed too much of an issue with either. I decided to stop taking Claritin for a couple of weeks to see if I really needed it a couple of months back. That was an awful decision.

I used to take Zyrtec, but that shit will put you to sleep throughout the day. Zyrtec works fine for some people, but it just puts me in a sleepy haze for the most part.

Pablo
09-04-2013, 10:05 AM
And even if I noticed some sort of depression set in and my only options were that or taking allergy medicine. I'm taking the medicine. Being able to breath, not sneezing every five minutes and not having itchy, red eyes are more important to me right now.

NewChief
09-04-2013, 10:05 AM
I take Flonase and Claritin pretty much daily for some shitty allergies and I've never really noticed too much of an issue with either. I decided to stop taking Claritin for a couple of weeks to see if I really needed it a couple of months back. That was an awful decision.

I used to take Zyrtec, but that shit will put you to sleep throughout the day. Zyrtec works fine for some people, but it just puts me in a sleepy haze for the most part.

Zyrtec was the one that seemed to have the least adverse effects to me. Claritin wired me out. Allegra made me kind of disassociated feeling (like underwater). I thought Zyrtec was the miracle, as I didn't have any really noticeable, pronounced effects.

Now, though, I'm thinking that it might be worse for me than the others.

Omaha
09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I haven't ever noticed any side effects from them.

Predarat
09-04-2013, 11:05 AM
take a pill, then a pill to conteract that pill, and then another, and another. It seems to never end.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
This thread is depressing

Ming the Merciless
09-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I have taken claritin on and off for a long time, and never experienced any depression side effects that I have known of...

Im sure I have had bad and good days, or been bummed out....but I never noticed any differences while on claritin.

The only problem with claritin is you build up a tolerance to it, and then for me i needed to take 10mg instead of 5mg for it to work...which causes my mouth and eyes to be a little dry.

Sorter
09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
This theory would be interesting to test.

I wonder if allergy shots would have a difference.

Radar Chief
09-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I’ve taken all three and never experienced depression.
I get hair crawl, jitters and troubles sleeping but never depression.

TLO
09-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Zyrtec makes me tired. But is the best at relieving my allergy symptoms.
Allegra doesn't work for me.

Claritin on the other hand does some funky stuff to me. Makes me very light headed and has led to panic attacks. Different medications effect each person differently.

bevischief
09-04-2013, 04:40 PM
i have talking Allegra for years with no problem.

kcxiv
09-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I take flonase everyday . if not I get an annoying cough and itchy throat.I sneeze everyday some days are terrible. Get swollen glands. I can deal with it all cept the cough that shit sucks. Flonase is king lol4R They gave me claritin as well I never took it though. I live in a place where allergies are terrible. I don't think the flonase does anything to me. A little sleepy maybe.