PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will Dez Bryant Play Sunday????????

Shox
09-09-2013, 02:12 PM
This was just posted over on the Cowboys board.

Posted Today, 02:54 PM
Just got an ESPN update on my iPhone.

Dez Bryant diagnosed with sprained left foot, his for Sunday's game vs. the KC Chiefs is uncerntained. :mellow: Hope this does not turn into a 3-4 week injury that seems to plague this team.

This would be huge break for the Chiefs!!!!!

Update:

Rotoworld has a quote from Dez: "He will play Sunday"

loochy
09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh My God I Don't Know But It Would Be Nice If He Was Out. Then We Can Create The Next Miles Austin With A Coming Out Game.

Skyy God
09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Uncerntained? Did LiveStream write that post?

kepp
09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Uncerntained? Did LiveStream write that post?

Terrible writing...it should be "uncertainteed"

loochy
09-09-2013, 02:44 PM
eh, shouldn't it be unascertained?

CaliforniaChief
09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
I want all of them on the field. I don't want to hear any excuses. I want us to line our best up against their best and beat them.

Saul Good
09-09-2013, 02:54 PM
We're going to win irregardless.

Strongside
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
That foot getting twisted up last night looked nasty. I was surprised he could even walk. Originally I thought it was a broken ankle. I'll see if I can find a gif.

Skyy God
09-09-2013, 02:57 PM

I think you're misunderestimating Dez's impact.

loochy
09-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Rotoworld has a quote from Dez: "He will play Sunday"

However, Dez isn't exactly the brightest one...he may not know WTF he's talking about

Strongside
09-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Tell me this doesn't look serious:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3184747/dez_medium.gif

Saul Good
09-09-2013, 03:02 PM
That foot getting twisted up last night looked nasty. I was surprised he could even walk. Originally I thought it was a broken ankle. I'll see if I can find a gif.

A break can be better than some sprains.

Radar Chief
09-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Just heard on the radio, questionable.

philfree
09-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Just heard on the radio, questionable.

LJ type injury?

Radar Chief
09-09-2013, 03:06 PM

He seemed pretty upset by it, like he knew he’s going out for a while.

Stewie
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM

Unpossible!

loochy
09-09-2013, 03:10 PM
That looked like the type of motion that would result in a high ankle sprain, which are notoriously long and difficult to recover from.

pr_capone
09-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I hope he plays and he is 100%. If we win, I don't want to see it tainted by his not being in the game.

philfree
09-09-2013, 03:11 PM
On a positive note for me I have both Austin and Witten both on my fantasy team. :hmmm: I should prolly just go ahead and bench them both for this game though.

Saul Good
09-09-2013, 03:12 PM
That looked like the type of motion that would result in a high ankle sprain, which are notoriously long and difficult to recover from.

So is my johnson.

FlaChief58
09-09-2013, 03:17 PM
On a positive note for me I have both Austin and Witten both on my fantasy team. :hmmm: I should prolly just go ahead and bench them both for this game though.

This is one of the main reasons why I won't play FF. I just can't bring myself to cheer for the enemys of the Chiefs for the sake of my imaginary team

Easy 6
09-09-2013, 03:18 PM
I hope he plays and he is 100%. If we win, I don't want to see it tainted by his not being in the game.

He can stay in the trainers room for all I care, I just want 2-0.

philfree
09-09-2013, 03:22 PM
This is one of the main reasons why I won't play FF. I just can't bring myself to cheer for the enemys of the Chiefs for the sake of my imaginary team

That's why I'm benching them. I picked up some guys just for this reason though so I'm better off anyway since we're gonna kick their ass!

Radar Chief
09-09-2013, 03:24 PM

Dez was the first receiver I took in the draft. :banghead:

philfree
09-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Dez was the first receiver I took in the draft. :banghead:

The self proclaimed MVP:clap: I'm sorry....

Fritz88
09-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I want him to play. If we handle Austin, Dez, and Witten then we'll be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
09-09-2013, 03:34 PM
We gota stuff the run and let Romo throw 50+ passes. He'll give us opportunities to take the game and we have to be ready for those. We have a good shot to win this game. The cowboys are always up and down.

The Franchise
09-09-2013, 03:36 PM

The Chiefs don't give me a chance to win money every year.....FF does.

pr_capone
09-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Good idea. Then... hopefully McCoy will be out week 3 and Cruz out Week 4. This pattern keeps up all season and we have a great shot at the super bowl.

MotherfuckerJones
09-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I want this game full health. If we win there can't be any excuses.

ChiefGator
09-09-2013, 03:39 PM

yeah, I agree. Romo with bruised ribs and no Dez is fine by me. We'll still be able to gauge our team. If we squeek by that team, then we know we have some more needs. But honestly, with a brand new offense and all new schemes, as many cheap wins we can get over the next six weeks the better.

KCUnited
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Glad we don't play Denver until Von is back.

FlaChief58
09-09-2013, 03:41 PM

I'm not knocking it, it's just not for me

malachi47000
09-09-2013, 03:48 PM
"Bryant said Monday that he expects to play against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 2, but he couldn't commit to practicing Wednesday."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000241469/article/dez-bryant-morris-claiborne-of-cowboys-to-play-through-injuries

Looks like he will be playing but not at 100%

Radar Chief
09-09-2013, 03:52 PM
The self proclaimed MVP:clap: I'm sorry....

Eh, that’s fantasy football. :shrug:
All I can do now is hit the waiver wire and find a Band-Aid to stop the bleeding.

Fritz88
09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I want him to play. If we handle Austin, Dez, and Witten then we'll be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strongside
09-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I hope he plays so that the tube steaks in the media have no excuses when we slap their beloved star girls around like a red headed step-child.

Old Dog
09-09-2013, 04:17 PM

sure they do....bet against them on the money line.

DTLB58
09-09-2013, 04:19 PM
We gota stuff the run and let Romo throw 50+ passes. He'll give us opportunities to take the game and we have to be ready for those. We have a good shot to win this game. The cowboys are always up and down.

That's where they are the most dangerous!

I for one, do not want Romo throwing 50+ passes to Witten, Dez and Austin.

I don't think we will score enough points to beat that.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Yup. Injuries happen. I dont care one bit about the complainers.
They are going to cry and complain about something anyway.

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 04:22 PM
That's where they are the most dangerous!

I for one, do not want Romo throwing 50+ passes to Witten, Dez and Austin.

I don't think we will score enough points to beat that.

The one stat you can look at and have the most probability of saying whether a team won or lost is turnovers.
We need to get an early lead, and then let Sutton sick his dogs on Romo.
He will hand us the game on a platter in Arrowhead.

Sandy Vagina
09-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Could end up hurting his team by playing at far less than 100%. One wrong cut or timing issue, and he's not where he's supposed to be... INT!!!!

Guess I see both sides here... You want your opponent at full strength, so you can feel more pride about beating them.. if you beat them. Then again, you just want your team to get the W.

whatever... he'll play or he won't. As long as KC comes to play hard, they can beat a healthy Cowboys team in Arrowhead.

Kiimo
09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I want this game full health. If we win there can't be any excuses.

I disagree. Pride counts towards nothing. I'd rather be 2-0 than having to deal with other fans or whatever.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Who cares about some OSU flunkie?

beach tribe
09-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Good idea. Then... hopefully McCoy will be out week 3 and Cruz out Week 4. This pattern keeps up all season and we have a great shot at the super bowl.

If we win 10+ games people already have the strength of schedule excuse anyway.
We need as many wins as possible going into the late season games against Denver.
I dont give a rats ass how we get them.

Sandy Vagina
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
If we win 10+ games people already have the strength of schedule excuse anyway.
We need as many wins as possible going into the late season games against Denver.
I dont give a rats ass how we get them.

Yeah, I'm going to go with this. This KC team is only going to get better as they work things out. There is too much "newness" to expect immediate excellence. So the more wins they can pile up as they proceed to get better? Oh yes.. more of the easier wins, please... hope DEZ is out with a shattered ankle.

Gravedigger
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Cowboys NEEDED 6 TO's to beat the Giants by less than a touchdown. If that ball hadn't been tipped right into Carr's hands the Giants would've driven down the field and won the game even with 5 turnovers against them. The game didn't swing the Giants way, it happens. I'm not as concerned as others are about our ability to win this game. If you take care of the ball, you'll beat the Cowboys.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Cowboys NEEDED 6 TO's to beat the Giants by less than a touchdown. If that ball hadn't been tipped right into Carr's hands the Giants would've driven down the field and won the game even with 5 turnovers against them. The game didn't swing the Giants way, it happens. I'm not as concerned as others are about our ability to win this game. If you take care of the ball, you'll beat the Cowboys.

Sounds like Marty discussing Oakland.

salame
09-10-2013, 10:21 AM
chuefs will still win
duh

Nightfyre
09-10-2013, 10:30 AM
The key to beating the Cowboys is simple. Get after Romo.

TEX
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
The key to beating the Cowboys is simple. Get after Romo.

A healthy Kyle Orton just might be better than an injured Tony Romo...But you're correct in saying pressure Romo into making mistakes is a good way to beat them.

MotherfuckerJones
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Romo will give us the game, we just have to take it.

Strongside
09-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I hope to see Romo cupping his earholes like Dan Marino on a nightmare 90's trip to Arrowhead.

saphojunkie
09-10-2013, 11:05 AM
This is definitely a good test. The Cowboys are certainly not world beaters, which was apparent when they were gifted 6 turnovers, including a pick six and a redzone fumble, and still the game came down to the wire.

However, they have talent on both sides of the ball and can get into attack mode if given the opportunity.

We need to move the ball on sustained drives to keep their defense on the field and ours OFF. We also - as everyone knows - need to get to Romo early and often. I am so happy that we got a great pass rush in week one without blitzing DJ or any secondary other than Berry. This is the game to start digging deeper into the defensive playbook.

The best case is for Witten to stay in and block. Even with Witten and Murray, you're still going to have Hali, Houston, or Poe facing one-on-one blocking.

We can easily lose this game. Easily. Dez Bryant and Miles Austin certainly have the ability to run us all over the field. Huge, huge game.

This is why it was so crucial we demolish Jax. Arrowhead needs to feel like this team is capable of beating Dallas. Tickets are going for $300 a pop. Hopefully that hype turns into noise. We need to reclaim our homefield fucking advantage.

Get there early, KC. And have an extra couple beers for me in the parking lot. Let's make that place a madhouse.

kysirsoze
09-10-2013, 11:23 AM

They do if you bet against them.

Pablo
09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Not enough ? in the thread title.

Ace Gunner
09-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Dez won't play, I don't think.

The Chiefs better have a better plan than before for covering Austin though. This is where pass rush will make a diff.

9er guy
09-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Picked up that KC defense in Fantasy. I think they'll play well against Romo and company. Especially at home.

Chief Roundup
09-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes.

A Salt Weapon
09-10-2013, 01:19 PM
A healthy Kyle Orton just might be better than an injured Tony Romo...But you're correct in saying pressure Romo into making mistakes is a good way to beat them.

Orton can't score in the redzone, cowboys are going to need a lot more than field goals to beat us. I guess if they put up 15-20 field goals maybe but that's pretty unlikely.