PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs work out free agent center

DenverChief
09-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Didn't see it posted anywhere - couldn't find any other source

free agent center who was recently cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers will work out with the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday. Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that center John Malecki will work out for KC on Monday.

The Steelers just lost center Maurkice Pouncey to what appears to be a serious knee injury. There was speculation that the Steelers would re-sign Malecki, who was cut last week. Alas, that is apparently not the case.

This news actually came down last week, via Aaron Wilson. But the actual workout is going down on Monday.

Malecki has experience with the Titans, Browns, Bucs, Steelers and Redskins in his brief NFL career.

Is this your usual run-of-the-mill free agent workout or is this an indication that something is not right at center? Malecki also has experience at guard so you have to consider that angle as well. Chiefs starting right guard Jon Asamoah did not play in the game due to a calf injury. Geoff Schwartz started in his place.

I don't know what to make of this news yet but it's raised my eyebrows a little.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/9/4710576/kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent-center-workout-steelers

Fairplay
09-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Bring him in for a look

salame
09-10-2013, 12:52 AM
he could be a chuef

BlackHelicopters
09-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Always try to improve

allen_kcCard
09-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Sign him and then immediately dangle him in front of the Steelers with an e-mail attachment pic of Pouncey going off on a cart.

MotherfuckerJones
09-10-2013, 10:54 AM
@MikeGarafolo: Titans worked out 3 LBs today: Jamar Chaney, Tyrone McKenzie and Leroy Hill. No word on a signing yet. Bengals, KC interested in Hill too.

Strongside
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Guys. I heard Ty Law is in town. Pat Surtain too.

Bugeater
09-10-2013, 11:04 AM
he is most certainly the final piece to our championship puzzle

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm not surprised. Hudson should be the starting left guard and Allen should be a backup. The real problem is that Kush isn't ready to start at center and if he were to go down, the line would need to be re-shuffled again, which messes with chemistry.

Asamoah can't return to the lineup soon enough. The Chiefs need much better inside blocking and running lanes if Charles is to have successful games against teams with good perimeter players.