PDA

View Full Version : Football Egomania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 7

Rain Man
09-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Homina homina homina homina. VOTE! Homina homina homina homina.

Dartgod
09-10-2013, 02:54 PM
In B4 pole.

BlackHelicopters
09-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Humble men all.

Rain Man
09-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I went with:

#1 - Jim Brown. When you keep telling a guy that he's the best football player ever, he eventually comes to believe it.

#2 - Lester Hayes. I may be biased, because this is perhaps the most objectionable human being who ever donned an NFL uniform. It's between him and Romanowski for that particular title. Anyway, he had two good seasons and thought he was the greatest thing ever when all he did was attack people.

#3 - Joe Namath. I'm sure there's ego there, but I think for the most part he just went along with what was handed to him. I can't blame him.

#4 - Champ Bailey. To be honest, the only objectionable thing I've seen about him is his uniform.

vailpass
09-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Champ is as humble a guy as there is, dude never runs his mouth.

Predarat
09-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Joe and Lester

Halfcan
09-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Great story about Jim Brown...

He was a Bad dude and after football, probably even during his career- wanted to get into boxing. He was friends with Ali who was the Champ at the time. He got this idea to stage a fight and make millions off it. Ali refused. Brown persisted and really thought he could beat Ali.

So Ali told him to come have lunch with him and have a talk. Brown persisted, so finally Ali stands up and says-"Okay Jim hit me with your best punch- right in the face." Brown refused thinking he would hurt him. Ali persisted so finally Brown stood up and takes a swing- Missing badly. He tries again- Ali ducks. Tries again- Ali fades. Brown gets pissed and starts swinging and does not even lay a hand on him.

Brown is humbled and never pursued fighting again.

vailpass
09-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Great story about Jim Brown...

He was a Bad dude and after football, probably even during his career- wanted to get into boxing. He was friends with Ali who was the Champ at the time. He got this idea to stage a fight and make millions off it. Ali refused. Brown persisted and really thought he could beat Ali.

So Ali told him to come have lunch with him and have a talk. Brown persisted, so finally Ali stands up and says-"Okay Jim hit me with your best punch- right in the face." Brown refused thinking he would hurt him. Ali persisted so finally Brown stood up and takes a swing- Missing badly. He tries again- Ali ducks. Tries again- Ali fades. Brown gets pissed and starts swinging and does not even lay a hand on him.

Brown is humbled and never pursued fighting again.

never heard that. Great story. Pimpin ain't easy.

Red Gorilla
09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Champ Bailey?

Bwana
09-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Jim Brown without question.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Any NFL player that files a lawsuit either 1) against the NFL or 2) against a video game, most likely has an ego problem.

Rasputin
09-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Champ Bailey?

What is scum bag, douche bag, bag of shit? For $800 Alex.

Old Dog
09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
#2 - Lester Hayes. I may be biased, because this is perhaps the most objectionable human being who ever donned an NFL uniform. It's between him and Romanowski for that particular title.

While I didn't like him on the field, the few times I met him, Romanowski was (still is as far as I know) a really good guy off of it.

Rain Man
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
While I didn't like him on the field, the few times I met him, Romanowski was (still is as far as I know) a really good guy off of it.

I had no idea that you were involved in the prescription drug trade.

Rain Man
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Namath and Jim Brown move on.