PDA

View Full Version : KU 09/10/13 The day KU BB came a calling! The circus has started !

ROYC75
09-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Up to this day, my grandson has only generated minimal attention from any college or college basketball scouts. As an 8th grader playing varsity ball last year, curiosity was there but all the talk was smaller, D-II schools or lower D 1 teams, hey it was early. I wanted all of the talk to come in a couple of years but all of this is likely to change after today.

Got word today that the KU staff has made contact to Jordan's HS BB coach. Granted, it's just a formality, but once wind starts by 1 major college BB program, the sails are pretty much set from this point forward by all of the other college programs jumping on board.

The recruiting circus has officially started for the kid, it's all up to him now.

LoneWolf
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Happy for your grandson, but I think the practice of actively recruiting grade school kids and freshman/sophomores is fucking ridiculous. I would like to see some kind of rule where a kid has to be at least sixteen before he can be contacted by any school.

Red Dawg
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Oh yeah baby! Kid is going to get paid and laid. Snapp'in necks and cash'in checks.

ROYC75
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Happy for your grandson, but I think the practice of actively recruiting grade school kids and freshman/sophomores is ****ing ridiculous. I would like to see some kind of rule where a kid has to be at least sixteen before he can be contacted by any school.

That is the one thing I feared too, it's early. Yet there are several kids his age talking to schools. He tells me not to worry about it, he has 4 years of HS left. I tell him that by his Jr year it's best to have a selected few and minimize the circus act because the talk is going to be a lot to handle.

His HS coach today told them there is a very good chance he starts as a Freshman. ( BTW, he moved back to Ga from Ky this year after the custody hearing between his parents )

HolyHandgernade
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
They actually moved the "grade at which you could recruit" a kid down to protect the kid. There are no "rules" prior to the age of recruitment and kids who were obvious talents were getting "illegally recruited" before they entered high school. Moving the official recruiting age down actually put restrictions on recruiter's contact with the kids. I know it seems backwards at first, but the intent was actually to help limit the contact with the younger phenomenal talents. Congratulations on the recruitment, hope he gets what he wants!

Bambi
09-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah baby! Kid is going to get paid and laid. Snapp'in necks and cash'in checks.

lol

Titty Meat
09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Sorry guys he's going to be a Husker

ROYC75
09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
They actually moved the "grade at which you could recruit" a kid down to protect the kid. There are no "rules" prior to the age of recruitment and kids who were obvious talents were getting "illegally recruited" before they entered high school. Moving the official recruiting age down actually put restrictions on recruiter's contact with the kids. I know it seems backwards at first, but the intent was actually to help limit the contact with the younger phenomenal talents. Congratulations on the recruitment, hope he gets what he wants!

You are correct, even I have to watch what we say. As for Jordan, I'm happy for him and sad too. He ( who lived with me for 12 yrs ) is growing up and happy that he is chasing what he wants, his dream of the NBA.

The kid has exceptional speed & athleticism, with his size now he would be a WR if he decides to play football again. He dropped football this year to focus basketball.

ROYC75
09-10-2013, 09:39 PM

ROFL

Very slim chance, not going to say never because I'll see to it, it is his choice where to go, but a Husker is not even a blimp on the screen.

ArrowheadHawk
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
ROFL

Very slim chance, not going to say never because I'll see to it, it is his choice where to go, but a Husker is not even a blimp on the screen.

Probably more like a blip?

Buehler445
09-10-2013, 09:42 PM
ROFL

ROFL

I hope you understand the Irony of your mistype.

Anyway, that's exciting for the kid. Tell him to make damn sure his grades are in order. Crappy ACT = Juco.

RustShack
09-10-2013, 09:47 PM
You can have him, Iowa State will just take Rashad Vaughn

ArrowheadHawk
09-10-2013, 09:50 PM
You can have him, Iowa State will just take Rashad Vaughn

And KU will continue to spank that ass!

Dave Lane
09-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I sincerely suggest for the sake of your grandchild's future, that you tell them both his father and grandfather are deceased.

Chief_For_Life58
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
pics of grand....daughter?

ROYC75
09-10-2013, 11:44 PM
I sincerely suggest for the sake of your grandchild's future, that you tell them both his father and grandfather are deceased.

Talking out yur butt again I see. You haven't a clue as to what you think you know about any of this, but keep trying.

ROYC75
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
ROFL

I hope you understand the Irony of your mistype.

Anyway, that's exciting for the kid. Tell him to make damn sure his grades are in order. Crappy ACT = Juco.

Yep, a goof on the typo and grades are a priority.

Imon Yourside
09-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Congrats on that buddy, the blimp line was funny too. :)

CrazyPhuD
09-11-2013, 12:08 AM

I'd doubt he likes cornholes enough to be a husker.:p

teedubya
09-11-2013, 01:37 AM
If he becomes a Jayhawk... and misses some a key shot, we are so going to lambast your ass!! LOL.

Congrats, though, bro!

farmerchief
09-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Cool! How neat to be associated with this young mans BB journey! Great news, if the Hawks are showing some interest.

RobBlake
09-11-2013, 06:43 AM
my cousin got scholarships to go play fb at most of the west coast colleges.. usc, ucla etc.. but chose texas a&m *stupid, but whatever* and ended up blowing that chance...just don't let anything get in his head. Keep him humble, determined, and passion for the game up

BlackHelicopters
09-11-2013, 06:47 AM
College hostesses for all!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-11-2013, 08:14 AM
my cousin got scholarships to go play fb at most of the west coast colleges.. usc, ucla etc.. but chose texas a&m *stupid, but whatever* and ended up blowing that chance...just don't let anything get in his head. Keep him humble, determined, and passion for the game up

He's the Smash baby

gblowfish
09-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Oklahoma State will get him laid...

ROYC75
09-11-2013, 08:36 AM
If he becomes a Jayhawk... and misses some a key shot, we are so going to lambast your ass!! LOL.

Congrats, though, bro!

I here ya. KU would be awesome, but it's his call on where he goes. The kid has a lot of athletic ability, who gets it out of him and how much he puts into it is the next question. I did all I could to get him to this level, it's all on him now, he has 4 years to define who is to be.

RockChalk
09-11-2013, 09:12 AM

Was your cousin the QB who quit to go run the family farm? I think I've heard this story before

Mr. Laz
09-11-2013, 09:16 AM
:clap:

ROYC75
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Jordan Terry, Fr. 6'5 1/2" 165lbs
Archer High School
Lawrenceville, Ga. ( Hey, He already has Lawrence in mind, right ? )

Some of his biggest attributes are....

Very athletic .....long legged, very fast end to end
Defensive minded .....blocks, steals, in your face D. Good lateral movement
Good FT shooter ... 70% or better
Good rebounder, esp. the offensive glass
Good fade away shot
Good cut & shoot touch
6'5" and still growing
uses 2 hands around the rim, finishes well.
Turns it up when he plays against better competition

Things to work on .....

Dribble drive, penetrating with the ball
Catching the ball clearly every time, times he wants to go to fast
slow 1st step ( but much improvement last 2 years ) , sometimes can he get left behind on guarding quicker 3' & 4's - His length really helps here.
Needs to pay well all the times against any competition.
Still needs to earn not to take plays off, immaturity issues,(will get better )
Needs to get stronger down low( muscle build for strength and stamina )
Needs to develop a good outside shot, (outside of 15' from the rim,) draw the defense away from the rim to go with his athletic ability.

He has a high ceiling guys, as I said, it's all up to him now to continue to his steady progress each year.

The talent is there, the mind is improving each year as much as the skill set

Buehler445
09-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Archer High School
Lawrenceville, Ga. ( Hey, He already hip Lawrence in mind, right ? )

Good fade away shot
Good cut & shoot touch
6'5" and still growing
Turns it up when he plays well against better competition

Things to work on .....

slow 1st step ( but much improvement last 2 years ) , sometimes can he get left behind on guarding quicker 3' & 4's - His length really helps here.
Needs to develop a good outside shot, (outside of 15' from the rim,) draw the defense away from the rim to go with his athletic ability.

He has a high ceiling guys, as I said, it's all up to him now to continue to his steady progress each year.

Talent is there, the mind is improving each year as much as the skill set

6'5 165? The weightroom is that kids friend.

Nightfyre
09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
He's a freshman in high school. He hasn't even started to fill out. LMAO

Sorter
09-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Congrats.

Get some of that TV monies, if you can. Stick it to the NCAA.

Just make sure nothing gets released until after he's in the NBA, of course.

Eleazar
09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I hope he's got the size to brawl with those football players! :D

RobBlake
09-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Was your cousin the QB who quit to go run the family farm? I think I've heard this story before

no he was a 6'3-6'4 LB from LA area. this was early 2000's

HemiEd
09-12-2013, 05:59 AM

He is slow and can't jump? Why would KU have contacted him?

ChiTown
09-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Archer High School
Lawrenceville, Ga. ( Hey, He already has Lawrence in mind, right ? )

Good fade away shot
Good cut & shoot touch
6'5" and still growing
Turns it up when he plays against better competition

Things to work on .....

The talent is there, the mind is improving each year as much as the skill set

Nice! Congrat's Roy!

Get that kid in the weight room, STAT! My Son is the same age, 6'2.5" and 165. I thought he was skinny, but dayyyyum!