PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs work out 2 players

MotherfuckerJones
09-11-2013, 05:25 AM
@caplannfl: Former Bears and Dolphins G Lance Louis and DT Marvin Austin worked out for the Chiefs.

FlaChief58
09-11-2013, 05:31 AM
It's so refreshing to have a GM who doesn't just sit on his ass after the season starts

CoMoChief
09-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Wasn't this guy (Austin) supposed to be a 1st rd draft pick but had character issues on that loaded UNC team (by loaded I mean lots of NFL talent on that team) which eventually caused him to fall into late 2nd rd.

malachi47000
09-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Wasn't this guy (Austin) supposed to be a 1st rd draft pick but had character issues on that loaded UNC team (by loaded I mean lots of NFL talent on that team) which eventually caused him to fall into late 2nd rd.

Found this article from April 2011....
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/681266-2011-nfl-mock-draft-carolina-panthers-take-cam-newton-auburn-qb-at-no-1/entry/73384-2011-nfl-mock-draft-all-32-first-round-picks-marvin-austin-to-packers
With the final pick in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers will select Marvin Austin, a defensive tackle out of UNC.

"For his size, Austin is one of the quickest defensive tackles in the draft. His quick feet allow him to scoot around blockers and find gaps to fill. While his sack numbers were not as high in college as they could have been, Austin is still developing some of his moves and figures to be able to push offensive linemen into their quarterbacks throwing lanes.

Austin does not always fight through double teams and occasionally gives up on plays, but his speed allows him to track runners down from behind. Good coaching should allow Austin to reach his potential and keep his motor on at all times.

The Packers will likely lose a couple of defensive linemen this offseason. Austin could reinvigorate the line and set up Dom Capers' defense for a Super Bowl return."

CoMoChief
09-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Found this article from April 2011....
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/681266-2011-nfl-mock-draft-carolina-panthers-take-cam-newton-auburn-qb-at-no-1/entry/73384-2011-nfl-mock-draft-all-32-first-round-picks-marvin-austin-to-packers
With the final pick in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers will select Marvin Austin, a defensive tackle out of UNC.

"For his size, Austin is one of the quickest defensive tackles in the draft. His quick feet allow him to scoot around blockers and find gaps to fill. While his sack numbers were not as high in college as they could have been, Austin is still developing some of his moves and figures to be able to push offensive linemen into their quarterbacks throwing lanes.

Austin does not always fight through double teams and occasionally gives up on plays, but his speed allows him to track runners down from behind. Good coaching should allow Austin to reach his potential and keep his motor on at all times.

The Packers will likely lose a couple of defensive linemen this offseason. Austin could reinvigorate the line and set up Dom Capers' defense for a Super Bowl return."

for some reason I thought the Giants drafted him.

*edit* ( I didn't click your link...didn't know that article was to a bleacher report mock draft )

O.city
09-11-2013, 06:10 AM
We've signed someone, cause its being said on twitter that our reported cap number went from 5.9 to 2. Something

BigMeatballDave
09-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Who's getting cut?

mdchiefsfan
09-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Hot damn, Dorsey is working his ass off. I love it.

BlackHelicopters
09-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Always try to improve.

KCrockaholic
09-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Marvin Austin I like.

Chiefshrink
09-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Yes it is nice to see the GM never resting and always keeping the edge. What was the reason for Austin not catching on somewhere?

TEX
09-11-2013, 07:01 AM
It's so refreshing to have a GM who doesn't just sit on his ass after the season starts

And who doesn't talk shit about getting the "Right 53",and then do NOTHING to acquire them.

thabear04
09-11-2013, 07:28 AM
for some reason I thought the Giants drafted him.

*edit* ( I didn't click your link...didn't know that article was to a bleacher report mock draft )

Giants did draft him in the 2nd round. I don't know why it said Packers draft him.

The Franchise
09-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Austin was always injured for the Giants....I believe.

O.city
Maybe a flier on Austin?

Lex Luthor
Giants did draft him in the 2nd round. I don't know why it said Packers draft him.

Read the post that you quoted. Mock draft from Bleacher Report.