PDA

View Full Version : Football Johnny Football vrs Alabama

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Whether you love him or hate him it's gonna be a fun game to watch, He was the only one to beat Bama last year and Saban will be out for revenge. If Johnny prevails tomorrow you will absolutely be unable to deny his awesomeness. Go aggies !

Cannibal
09-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Dude, I have to think you'd like to replace your hog penis with Manziel's and you'd be just fine with that!

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Bama is going to destroy Johnny Football.

Consistent1
09-13-2013, 06:27 PM

I'd have to think so too. They are going to want revenge. Should be a fun game to watch.

vailpass
09-13-2013, 06:30 PM

I like Manziel a lot but it's definitely a tough game for them. Bama doesn't rebuild, they just reload.

TambaBerry
09-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Bama's O-line is terrible though. I think Bama rolls to, fuck Manziel he sucks anyways.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-13-2013, 06:54 PM
A&M's offense is better than last year. Manziel looks great from the pocket in limited play. don't count them out.

petegz28
09-13-2013, 06:55 PM

God I hope so...then he can be just Johnny. I get so sick of the "Johnny Football" crap

BigBeauford
09-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Texas A&M is missing their X-Factor for this game.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Luke+Joeckel+2013+NFL+Combine+Z8afwFjvQ2Hl.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Bama's O-line is terrible though. I think Bama rolls to, **** Manziel he sucks anyways.

HeHe. Your and Idiot. Johnny Manziel doesn't suck and it's so funny when dumbasses say that shit. People are jealous of Johnny Manziel !ROFL

RobBlake
09-13-2013, 07:12 PM
HeHe. Your and Idiot. Johnny Manziel doesn't suck and it's so funny when dumbasses say that shit. People are jealous of Johnny Manziel !ROFL

Johnny is good playing against College players. He isn't going to be worth crap in the NFL as a QB, and that's a guarantee. He's a future Slot WR or something

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Johnny is good playing against College players. He isn't going to be worth crap in the NFL as a QB, and that's a guarantee. He's a future Slot WR or something

I expect you work for the city and drive a garbage truck every Saturday , am I right ?

RobBlake
09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I expect you work for the city and drive a garbage truck every Saturday , am I right ?

Actually, I'm a paralegal, so you can shove your pretentious bullshit along with..let see..whatever farm animal you give toss salads too up your ass.

Now that we have expressed our pleasantries.
If you think Johnny is a good college QB, i can see why.. but if you think he will be the next russel wilson or something in the NFL then i have a gate i can sale you.

BigBeauford
09-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Manziel has potential Eric Crouch written all over him.

NewChief
09-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Hog Farmer's Manziel love is his best troll job to date.

mikeyis4dcats.
09-13-2013, 07:32 PM
i'm pulling for an A&M win and a career ending injury to Manziel

kcchiefsus
09-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't care for Bama but I hope they break Manziel in half.

TribalElder
09-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Johnny Pillowchewer can't get raped fast enough. I will have to take a week off from sports media if he somehow pulls out a win.

Brock
09-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I like it when he wins. It pisses off the boring old farts around here.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Actually, I'm a paralegal, so you can shove your pretentious bullshit along with..let see..whatever farm animal you give toss salads too up your ass.

If you think Johnny is a good college QB, i can see why.. but if you think he will be the next russel wilson or something in the NFL then i have a gate i can sale you.

Umm. That would be pigs Mr. paralegal. The thing about Manziel is people don't like him basically because he has the ability to run. He has worked this offseason to become more of a pocket passer and go through more reads before resorting to fleeing like a gazelle. He is a student of the game. His touch on intermediate as well as long passes are as good as any other college QB. People just hate on him because they don't know him. Only what the bullshit the media has put on him and he comes across as arrogant to some, but that's not true. The people around him, the people that know him are behind him 100 %.

I think my neighbors dumpster is full and tomorrows Saturday .

kysirsoze
09-13-2013, 07:37 PM

LMAO OWNED.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Hog Farmer's Manziel love is his best troll job to date.

Shuddup !

J Diddy
09-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Alabama is gonna line up on him like his name is andy dufresne and they are the sisters.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 07:43 PM

Oh yeah, and if you're a paralegal that would incenuate you're pretty smart , but I would think that using your first and last name as a username is ,well, kinda dumb.

Sorter
09-13-2013, 07:50 PM

No way a paralegal has this poor of writing skills and still has a job.

I've seen Frazod's writing and it's leagues beyond whatever useless drivel you continue to spew on this board.

Reaper16
09-13-2013, 07:56 PM
I think Alabama's defense will be prepared. But Jonathon of Football can make that preparation irrelevant if he throws down the field with accuracy while running like he did last season against the Tide.

Alabama fans should be concerned about the offense being able to hang in there if the game becomes a 20+ point affair. Alabama's young offensive line was putrid against VaTech. To be fair, 3/5 of the lineman were starting their first game, and the Hokies might have the best or second best front 7 that Alabama will play all year. But still, putrid. McCarron had little time to complete throws and they could not run no matter how hard they tried.

If the o-line has gel'd during these two weeks of practice, then Alabama wins. If not, A&M could win by double digits.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2013, 08:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9665459

RobBlake
09-13-2013, 08:44 PM

I've seen Frazod's writing and it's leagues beyond whatever useless drivel you continue to spew on this board.

You're just as equally stupid as your counter part in hog. The other part to the saying "great minds think alike", is "stupid minds think alike", and you fit that bill. This is probably due to your lack of ability to analyze our scenario and the context that we are on a message board. Which said message board is centralized around football and not English writing abilities. You are prob. what we call in the law field an "indigent", and would immediately refer you to a nonprofit organization to get legal advice due to you most likely having insufficient funds to pay for legal services. Does it look like I give an eff how about structure, grammar.. i.e syntax, on a board such as this? Save your time from a predictable smart ass reply. It wouldn't surprise me if you come up with an argument that suits one of a prepubescent boy who got his debating skills from indulging in frivolous YouTube arguments -- which was prob from videos titled: Why Do I Suck at Trying to Play the Piano?

Oh yeah, and if you're a paralegal that would incenuate you're pretty smart , but I would think that using your first and last name as a username is ,well, kinda dumb.
This isn't my first/last name. It's an athletes name.

Sorter
09-13-2013, 08:54 PM
You're just as equally stupid as your counter part in hog. The other part to the saying "great minds think alike", is "stupid minds think alike", and you fit that bill. This is probably due to your lack of ability to analyze our scenario and the context that we are on a message board. Which said message board is centralized around football and not English writing abilities. You are prob. what we call in the law field an "indigent", and would immediately refer you to a nonprofit organization to get legal advice due to you most likely having insufficient funds to pay for legal services. Does it look like I give an eff how about structure, grammar.. i.e syntax, on a board such as this? Save your time from a predictable smart ass reply. It wouldn't surprise me if you come up with an argument that suits one of a prepubescent boy who got his debating skills from indulging in frivolous YouTube arguments -- which was prob from videos titled: Why Do I Suck at Trying to Play the Piano?

I guarantee I'm far less intelligent.

Also, this was hilarious.
eff

LMAO

RobBlake
09-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I guarantee I'm far less intelligent.

Also, this was hilarious.

LMAO

o:-)

Just for you sweetie :)

kcxiv
09-13-2013, 08:58 PM

My neighbor is a garbage man, dude is living large. Easy money with not a fucking worry in the world financially. Just has to be up early as fuck. lol Plus, for me, when i have extra garbage, i just ask him and he will swoop buy and pick it up on none trash days. lol

RobBlake
09-13-2013, 08:59 PM
My neighbor is a garbage man, dude is living large. Easy money with not a ****ing worry in the world financially. Just has to be up early as ****. lol Plus, for me, when i have extra garbage, i just ask him and he will swoop buy and pick it up on none trash days. lol

I'm in central cali too.. didn't realize they make that much in these parts lol.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 09:50 PM
This isn't my first/last name. It's an athletes name.

You do realize that identity theft is a serious felony, right?

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 09:52 PM
I mean, sheesh. You're a goddamn paralegal. You're around that shit all the time.

Raiderhater
09-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Umm. That would be pigs Mr. paralegal. The thing about Manziel is people don't like him basically because he has the ability to run. He has worked this offseason to become more of a pocket passer and go through more reads before resorting to fleeing like a gazelle. He is a student of the game. His touch on intermediate as well as long passes are as good as any other college QB. People just hate on him because they don't know him. Only what the bullshit the media has put on him and he comes across as arrogant to some, but that's not true. The people around him, the people that know him are behind him 100 %.

I think my neighbors dumpster is full and tomorrows Saturday .

Actually, I spent several years running a bar in his home town. I have never met him personally but, do know a couple members of the extended family. I even spent Thanksgiving with some of the family a couple of years ago. The "family business" is pretty well known around Tyler, TX. His attitude strikes me as an indirect result (indirect because I have no reason to believe he is involved in it) of being spoiled and used to getting away with what the hell ever he wants.

The media isn't telling the full story but, they are not that far off from the truth.

Prison Bitch
09-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Should be a great game. Manziel is the most compelling collegian in a long time, way more than Tebow imo

Dave Lane
09-13-2013, 11:25 PM

Honestly, isn't a paralegal like a 6 week mail order course. It's a glorified secretary.

vailpass
09-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Honestly, isn't a paralegal like a 6 week mail order course. It's a glorified secretary.

not at all, not in a good program.

Sorter
09-13-2013, 11:37 PM
not at all, not in a good program.

Like vail stated, I think it depends on the location/organization.

vailpass
09-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Like vail stated, I think it depends on the location/organization.

When I was in grad school at Denver university I dated a girl that was in the paralegal program. It was 2 years of intensive study. She was smart as a whip. Coincidentally she did her undergrad at what was then SWMSU. Hot little thing. Paralegal is a respectable profession.

RealSNR
09-13-2013, 11:50 PM
When I was in grad school at Denver university I dated a girl that was in the paralegal program. It was 2 years of intensive study. She was smart as a whip. Coincidentally she did her undergrad at what was then SWMSU. Hot little thing. Paralegal is a respectable profession.
I'll betcha RobBlake wasn't in that program.

vailpass
09-13-2013, 11:52 PM

That bastard never would have made it.

Sorter
09-13-2013, 11:54 PM
That bastard never would have made it.

ROFL

the Talking Can
09-14-2013, 07:08 AM
i'd give anything to see manziel do the 'pay me' gesture towards Saban after a big play...

ChiTown
09-14-2013, 07:11 AM
i'd give anything to see manziel do the 'pay me' gesture towards Saban after a big play...

And then, hopefully, someone would administer a 12 Gauge blast into the side of Johnny Douchebags helmet. It would be for the good of all humanity

the Talking Can
09-14-2013, 07:11 AM
And then, hopefully, someone would administer a 12 Gauge blast into the side of Johnny Douchebags helmet. It would be for the good of all humanity

taking things a wee bit serious

edit

i don't root for either team, i just like to see people piss saban off

ChiTown
09-14-2013, 07:30 AM
taking things a wee bit serious

edit

i don't root for either team, i just like to see people piss saban off

Look, I think it would be great for ratings.....

BlackHelicopters
09-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Tyler Palko>Johnny Football

Prison Bitch
09-14-2013, 09:08 AM

Really? A football player pisses you off that badly?

Ain't like Manziel is getting sued for vicious assault on another student. Like Sabans daughter did

SPATCH
09-14-2013, 09:22 AM

Jesus, man.

AndChiefs
09-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Tyler Palko>Johnny Football

Now you're just talking crazy.

mdchiefsfan
09-14-2013, 09:47 AM

So you're a secretary? :D

Dayze
09-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Smart and Saban have had an entire yr to plan for this. Might be bad news for Johnny. Though, A&M is a fucking loud ass place

Brock
09-14-2013, 09:51 AM
"He's a massive douche!!" /roots for nick saban

TribalElder
09-14-2013, 09:56 AM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130820154203/theevilliouschronicles/images/8/8a/Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Mav
09-14-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't dislike Alabama.

I do dislike Johnny Manziel even if I do actually like the Aggies.

ROLL TIDE........

MrGiggity
09-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Johnny Football deserves to be castrated.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I hope the Alabama defense hits Manziel so hard he literally sits down on the field and cries.

not really sure why since i don't like Alabama

i guess i just find Manziel annoying and douchey

Bob Dole
09-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I hope the Alabama defense hits Manziel so hard he literally sits down on the field and cries.

not really sure why since i don't like Alabama

i guess i just find Manziel annoying and douchey

He's the Phillip Rivers of college football?

Deberg_1990
09-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Manziel truly seems like a punk, but he does bring some excitement to the college football scene. Love him or hate him, you can't turn away.

It's funny, he's equally as divisive as Tebow was/is, yet for completely opposite reasons.

09-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Manziel truly seems like a punk, but he does bring some excitement to the college football scene. Love him or hate him, you can't turn away.

It's funny, he's equally as divisive as Tebow was/is, yet for completely opposite reasons.

Ive seen quite a few Texas A&M hats and shirts as Ive been out and about here in SA. The new UT!

okcchief
09-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I dont like Johnny Football, but hate the NCAA way more. I enjoy the way he's rubbing it in their face.

GO HEISMANBERG!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Johnny Football rocks !

GoChargers
09-14-2013, 12:37 PM
I despise both teams, but since I love a good TexAgs meltdown, I guess I'm begrudgingly rooting for Bama.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2013, 12:41 PM
He's the Phillip Rivers of college football?

good call!

ModSocks
09-14-2013, 12:50 PM
No matter who we root for, we are rooting for the bad guy. So...Imma root for a 'bama loss and a battered and bruised Manziel.

Predarat
09-14-2013, 12:52 PM
"When the Alabama D gets JohnnyFootball in a dogpile, it'll be some fun. He'll wish his father never met his mother" -Ben Gardner

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Wow ! they just said some tickets are going for $10,000 on the open market and parking passes $300

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Heh. Johnny sure sucked on that first drive !

Deberg_1990
09-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Wow ! they just said some tickets are going for $10,000 on the open market and parking passes $300

That's nuts. I heard a few celebs flew in to watch the game as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
09-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Durr durr...I don't like that Johnny foozball cuz he disrespects the game with his jabbering and hand throwing and I just don't like it!

Buck
09-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Who do the chuefs vrs this week?

Buck
09-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Fuck, come on Bama.

Buck
09-14-2013, 02:00 PM
This Manziel guy is pretty good.

In58men
Manzel is good.

KCUnited
This could get out of hand.

siberian khatru
09-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Bama is fucked

In58men
09-14-2013, 02:01 PM
This Manziel guy is pretty good.

Dangerous on the run and throwing.

Can put defenses in tough situations. He's growing on me.

Consistent1
09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
This surprises me hardcore so far.

Buck
09-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Dangerous on the run and throwing.

Can put defenses in tough situations. He's growing on me.

I wish that he would keep his swagger on the field. Not that people would like him any more, people hate Rivers.

Pablo
09-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I wish that he would keep his swagger on the field. Not that people would like him any more, people hate Rivers.Manziel hasn't thrown any toddler-like temper tantrums yet. If he does that I might start to hate him a bit more.

Fairplay
09-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Go Johnny!

Fairplay
09-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Should be a great game. Manziel is the most compelling collegian in a long time, way more than Tebow imo

I agree, he's good for college football brings attention to the sport.

I like his character.

jspchief
09-14-2013, 02:57 PM
That might be the worst call I've ever seen in football.

Nzoner
09-14-2013, 02:58 PM
That might be the worst call I've ever seen in football.

No shit

Dayze
09-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Fucking unreal the way tht rule is written.. Yup we fucked up, but the penalty still stands.

Demonpenz
09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
A and M is done.

GloryDayz
09-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Fuck Johnny... I hope there some 7-year-old Alabama fan in the joint. I'll go back to hating them later. Right now I hope they hang another TD on Team-Johnny!

09-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Manziel whips his dick out. No clean shots on the guy when many were predicting pain for JFF against Bama. Good running, good passing... One of the greatest of all-time.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 05:32 PM
**** Johnny... I hope there some 7-year-old Alabama fan in the joint. I'll go back to hating them later. Right now I hope they hang another TD on Team-Johnny!

He acquitted himself well today.

FD
09-14-2013, 05:38 PM
He played very well overall, but the two costly picks lost them the game.

09-14-2013, 05:41 PM
He played very well overall, but the two costly picks lost them the game.

I was thinking it was the defense. The second pick was Meh. First one was silly. If Jaquay Williams doesnt convert on the fade against SHSU, the play is never called. Stupid to target a freshman there, IMO. And just a bad throw overall

okcchief
09-14-2013, 05:43 PM
College football would be better if there was an attempt to play defense.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2013, 05:46 PM
I was thinking it was the defense. The second pick was Meh. First one was silly. If Jaquay Williams doesnt convert on the fade against SHSU, the play is never called. Stupid to target a freshman there, IMO. And just a bad throw overall

Yep, the defense let them down.

BigRedChief
09-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Fuck Johnny... I hope there some 7-year-old Alabama fan in the joint. I'll go back to hating them later. Right now I hope they hang another TD on Team-Johnny!The dude was great. Couple of bonehead throws but the dude is obviously a gambler. More gambles worked out today. He ran into the teeth of Bama. He's not scared of them.

He reminds me of the old school swagger of Ali, Namath. If you can back it up, its not arrogance.

The dude deserves a defense.

Brock
09-14-2013, 06:06 PM
5 tds, 450+? Seriously, a cfb badass.

09-14-2013, 06:10 PM

Manziel ballwasher here

don't forget rushing, bro!

550+

Also helped up Bama defenders and stuff!!! Sportsmanship- thatz all that matterz lol

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:11 PM

Yeah that should be enough to win any game.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2013, 06:11 PM
I want manziel under Reid fuck it

BigRedChief
09-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah that should be enough to win any game.Against one of the best defenses in the nation? Yep, no way you should lose that game.

It's a crime to have a defense that bad with a QB that talented.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Manziel doesn't have an NFL body. Don't think he could take the punishment.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Against one of the best defenses in the nation? Yep, no way you should lose that game.

It's a crime to have a defense that bad with a QB that talented.

Trent Green just shivered

09-14-2013, 06:18 PM

He doesn't really take huge hits with his elusiveness and pocket awareness. Lots of smart runs, whether going OOB or getting down. I guess that should change in the NFL, but he's becoming much more of a pocket QB.

Brock
09-14-2013, 06:19 PM

Russell Wilson says whats up

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2013, 06:19 PM

:banghead:

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:20 PM

How much smaller is JM than Brees, Montana?

Hammock Parties
09-14-2013, 06:21 PM

Russell Wilson is short, but he's a lot thicker.

Raiderhater
09-14-2013, 06:25 PM

And so did I.

Brock
09-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Pfft. That guy's going to the nfl. As a qb.

Reaper16
09-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Well, that's not how I saw that game going. I never expected Mike Evans to utterly destroy every cornerback he lined up against (except for Deion Belue, who got injured on that scramble-prayer play in the first half). Bama won like zero 50/50 balls that were thrown up to Evans.

Manziel is awesome. Sumlin is awesome. His scheme with Manziel's talent is Saban kryptonite. Unfortunately for TAMU, a merciless run game is their kryptonite. This game would likely have been a two-score one at worst if Yeldon never fumbled at the goal line. That said, it only served to balance out the INTs a bit. These two teams were evenly matched in that they couldn't stop each other. Alabama outlasted them.

09-14-2013, 06:27 PM

Well this was obviously the plan B for facilitating the discussion. I guess the whole '2-weeks for Saban' thing didn't work out so well.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:29 PM

no question.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2013, 06:30 PM

I have no doubt. But he's not a first round prospect.

Raiderhater
09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

I wouldn't be so sure.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2013, 06:32 PM
How much smaller is JM than Brees, Montana?

According to Wikipedia, he's 6'1, 210.

Probably closer to 5'11, 190. We'll know for sure at the Combine.

Brock
09-14-2013, 06:32 PM

He was a second round prospect before the season. Yeah, I'll take that bet.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:33 PM
According to Wikipedia, he's 6'1, 210.

Probably closer to 5'11, 190. We'll know for sure at the Combine.

Thanks.

ChiefAshhole20
09-14-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm interested to see how long he'd last without a top OL though

Mav
09-14-2013, 06:53 PM

Exactly who I was thinking of. Also, he cant be much skinnier than RG3.

I don't like the kid, but he can ball.

BigRedChief
09-14-2013, 07:56 PM
I have no doubt. But he's not a first round prospect.No way in hell 32 teams pass on him. Way too much upside. The bills took EJ manuel based on a possible upside.

FloridaMan88
09-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Talk about a wasted opportunity by Texas A&M... you score 42 points and put up 600+ yards of total offense against the #1 team in the country and still can't win.

Raiderhater
09-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Talk about a wasted opportunity by Texas A&M... you score 42 points and put up 600+ yards of total offense against the #1 team in the country and still can't win.

At home, no less.

09-14-2013, 08:09 PM
As far as wasted opportunities... Manziel is Dennis Dixon or John Parker Wilson for A&M. This is just the beginning. I'm not worried about losing 2 or 3 games this year. If he comes back, great.

Ace Gunner
09-14-2013, 08:12 PM

he plays big in big games -- he's gonna be a first rounder. I'm thinking middle pick right now.

he's got good feet and big hands, throws a nice spiral, good touch. reminds me of Brees.

09-14-2013, 08:20 PM
he plays big in big games -- he's gonna be a first rounder. I'm thinking middle pick right now.

he's got good feet and big hands, throws a nice spiral, good touch. reminds me of Brees.

He doesn't even make the top 10 among prospects, according to some on CP

B_Ambuehl
09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Ryan Tannehill played with a lot of the same players Manziel played with, and couldn't do 1/4 as much with them. The increased value of similar offenses in the NFL, and complete domination by similar dual threat QBs like Kaepernick, Wilson, etc. will increase Manziels value even more. If Chip Kelly does well in Philly, Sumlin will likely be heading up an NFL offense next year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2013, 09:03 PM
I fucking hate Manziel, but today convinced me that the guy can likely play in the NFL, which chaps my ass to no end, because it has likely turned a 3-4 year ESPN blowbang into a 12 year one.

Pablo
09-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I fucking hate Manziel, but today convinced me that the guy can likely play in the NFL, which chaps my ass to no end, because it has likely turned a 3-4 year ESPN blowbang into a 12 year one.I don't have any hatred for Manziel, but I did question his ability to play at the next level. Like you, after this game, I am convinced he'll be able to.

Dude made some great throws today. I'm not even talking about the circus plays, but that ball he threw out of the endzone for a 95 yarder was beautiful.

DeezNutz
09-14-2013, 09:07 PM
I like him. Swagger, arrogance...don't give two fucks. He's a big-time player, and until someone shuts him up, they have to suck it.

Fritz88
09-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Is he a first round talent?
Posted via Mobile Device

09-14-2013, 09:09 PM
I like him. Swagger, arrogance...don't give two fucks. He's a big-time player, and until someone shuts him up, they have to suck it.

D-Generation X! Bow to the masters

Pablo
09-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Is he a first round talent?
Posted via Mobile DeviceIf the draft was held tomorrow, absolutely.

I don't know if he'll keep slinging the ball this well all year, but he did just put the best defense in college football on their ass. So I imagine he'll put up some video game numbers and look damn good doing so.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I like him. Swagger, arrogance...don't give two ****s. He's a big-time player, and until someone shuts him up, they have to suck it.

Yep. Like him or not the kid is good.

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 09:11 PM
That Evans kid impressed me more. Half of Manziel's throws were jump balls basically slung up in his general direction, and Alabama just couldn't stop him.

Pablo
09-14-2013, 09:13 PM
That Evans kid impressed me more. Half of Manziel's throws were jump balls basically slung up in his general direction, and Alabama just couldn't stop him.Yeah, there were quite a few floaters that Manziel got bailed out on. But there were a ton of other huge plays he made to offset those.

09-14-2013, 09:14 PM
That Evans kid impressed me more. Half of Manziel's throws were jump balls basically slung up in his general direction, and Alabama just couldn't stop him.

The ball placement was scary good. Not just jump balls like Denard Robinson. No denying Evans' talent though

beach tribe
09-14-2013, 09:25 PM

Wilson is like a tree trunk.

houstonwhodat
09-14-2013, 09:42 PM
I hope the Saints draft him for when Drew retires.

Fritz88
09-14-2013, 09:46 PM
I hope the Saints draft him for when Drew retires.

Is Drew retiring this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

houstonwhodat
09-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Is Drew retiring this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

3 or four more years.

God knows he doesn't need the money.

Saul Good
09-14-2013, 10:24 PM

...my ass

vailpass
09-14-2013, 10:27 PM
...my ass

If he continues at this pace he's going high...

GloryDayz
09-14-2013, 10:28 PM
The dude was great. Couple of bonehead throws but the dude is obviously a gambler. More gambles worked out today. He ran into the teeth of Bama. He's not scared of them.

He reminds me of the old school swagger of Ali, Namath. If you can back it up, its not arrogance.

Yes, he did.. I still hate him...

Sorter
09-15-2013, 12:03 AM
While I had seen very little of Manziel before this game (LA Tech and Bama last year), I was definitely impressed.

RobBlake
09-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Im interested how his game will translate to the pro level. He needs to beef up, work on the mental aspect of the game. He undoubtedly has natural athletic ability. I just don't see him exploding in the nfl right away if at all but time will tell

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Heh.. Love the way this thread turned out. Lots of haters appear to be lovers now. The dude has so much natural talent it's unbelievable. If he had not thrown the int in the Endzone there's a high probability A&M would have beat them again. Manziel has such great touch on intermediate and long passes it's what seperates him from other QB's. I sure wish he would end up a Chief but we'll have to give up a ton to move from 32 into the top 5.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 02:27 AM
While I had seen very little of Manziel before this game (LA Tech and Bama last year), I was definitely impressed.

I watched him today with a fairly critical eye. He's young so my observations may not apply if he stays another year, which IMO, he should.

He's a gamer. It's too bad he's not three inches taller and built better because he could be a Favre like QB.

That said, he most certainly has an eye for the game. He can read defenses. He devolves into "Sand Lot" football at times but like Favre, he somehow finds a way to succeed.

He puts too much air under the ball on long passes but that may be by design. He runs around too much for the Pro game because he'll easily get sacked.

I'm excited to see how he builds upon today's game.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Manziel
464 yards passing
98 rushing
5 TDs
2 Ints

GloryDayz
09-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Heh.. Love the way this thread turned out. Lots of haters appear to be lovers now. The dude has so much natural talent it's unbelievable. If he had not thrown the int in the Endzone there's a high probability A&M would have beat them again. Manziel has such great touch on intermediate and long passes it's what seperates him from other QB's. I sure wish he would end up a Chief but we'll have to give up a ton to move from 32 into the top 5.

Don't think we said we now love him, many of us still want to see his talented ass have his shit pounded into the ground. Like a lighter version of the way I feel about Manning.... No doubt he's awesome, I still hope the shove a splintered pole up his unlubricated ass...

That being said, I think questions of parts of his game translating into the NFL are legitimate.

But there's not doubt, short of an injury he will be playing on Sundays and he will know where early in the evening of whichever draft he chooses to go in.

Now THERE'S an interesting question... He's banned from making money (duh!!), he's proven about as much as he can to impress scouts in his way of playing the game (certainly more than most college QBs can say!), and he's a press and opposing team target (both have more downside than upside at this point in the game).... How long before he decides to play on Sundays? I think there's a lot of sound logic and smarts behind his making this his last year at A&M if he has a season even close to last year's..

Based on reality, life and him being a target for getting injured, if he's my son I tell him (IF HE HAS ANOTHER YEAR THAT'S EVEN CLOSE TO LAST YEAR'S), head to the NFL and secure your future (forever) with, if nothing else, a signing bonus.

GloryDayz
09-15-2013, 08:08 AM
I watched him today with a fairly critical eye. He's young so my observations may not apply if he stays another year, which IMO, he should.

He's a gamer. It's too bad he's not three inches taller and built better because he could be a Favre like QB.

That said, he most certainly has an eye for the game. He can read defenses. He devolves into "Sand Lot" football at times but like Favre, he somehow finds a way to succeed.

He puts too much air under the ball on long passes but that may be by design. He runs around too much for the Pro game because he'll easily get sacked.

I'm excited to see how he builds upon today's game.

Interesting take, but I'd recommend he go before he gets hurt. Just too much downside risk in playing in a league that hates its prime actors making money.

But I see your point, just think injury is too close at hand to stay passed this year.

Molitoth
09-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Last season we saw way too much running from him which turned me off. I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but after looking at the numbers and reading the praise, I will be paying attention the rest of the season.

GloryDayz
09-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Last season we saw way too much running from him which turned me off. I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but after looking at the numbers and reading the praise, I will be paying attention the rest of the season.

He was very mobile again. Not always to run (not like Vick of RG-III), but he was fine with being flushed from the pocket.

mikey23545
09-15-2013, 09:56 AM
The dude was great. Couple of bonehead throws but the dude is obviously a gambler. More gambles worked out today. He ran into the teeth of Bama. He's not scared of them.

I have to admit Namath's attitude was the first thing I thought of as well.

He'll throw what looks like a backbreaking interception, and then come back and throw two awesome touchdown passes.

ChiTown
09-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Really? A football player pisses you off that badly?

Ain't like Manziel is getting sued for vicious assault on another student. Like Sabans daughter did

YEAHZ! I wuz totally sereeuz!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAMMMER!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2013, 10:32 AM
I want manziel under Reid **** it

I'm with you Mr. MotherFucker

highBOLTage
09-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Former NFL executive of the year, Scott Pioli, just said he wouldn't draft Johnny on NBC's football show.
Probably look for someone's backup instead: I hear Minnesota has a good one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, fuck that garbage-time punk.

Shit...

Pushed....

IN.