09-15-2013, 04:17 PM
2nd straight game with a blocked kick

Davis fumbled

I don't think McCluster gets as much as he should on punts

penalty that messed up good Colquitt punt inside the 5

Mama Hip Rockets
09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Word up.

Also, they need to start returning some kicks like they did in the preseason.

MotherfuckerJones
09-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Special teams hasn't been special. I expect it to get better, I figured Succop would have it blocked it was almost a 60 yd FG

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Paula Abdulha can skull**** and AIDS tree.

BlackHelicopters
09-15-2013, 04:22 PM
The fumble that wasn't was scary as hell

siberian khatru
09-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Does anybody trust Knile Davis with a football in his hands? Anybody?

Wallcrawler
09-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Seriously. WTF was this guy doing in the game at that point?

You know Alex Smith was having some playoff flashbacks right there.

If Dallas recovers that fumble, the meltdown would have been legendary.

BlackHelicopters
09-15-2013, 04:26 PM

Bueller? Bueller?

scho63
09-15-2013, 04:33 PM

It's rarely in his hands, more often on the ground :doh!:

scho63
09-15-2013, 04:38 PM
The difference between the preseason and regular season is light years apart.

What the hell has happened? :hmmm:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Kniles is completely Daffney with a football.

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Miss me?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Terrance+Copper+Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Chicago+8ucE3Gg3j1dl.jpg

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 04:56 PM

We cut our top 3 special teams guys, and the 1 guy (Hartman) who was all over the field on punt/field goal blocks. I'm still surprised that people on CP were so insistent it wouldn't make a difference. I took a lot of shit for it too.

It's not just our return game. Our coverage unit has been terrible. 22 yard punt return and a 35 yard kickoff return.

bricks
09-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah they gotta do something with the blocking units.

Dallas guy came in untouched blocking that field goal attempt and last week same shit Jag guy comes in untouched to block the punt. I'd like to see some adjustments with the blocking units.

-King-
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I don't know why they put Knile in for the most important KR of the game. That was stupid.

FWIW, McCluster is 2nd in the league in punt return yards and 7th in punt return average.

Buehler445
09-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Bueller? Bueller?

Don't fucking look at me. I didn't want his fumbling ass in the game either.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't know why they put Knile in for the most important KR of the game. That was stupid.

FWIW, McCluster is 2nd in the league in punt return yards and 7th in punt return average.

I think he's permanently lost that spot. Put Demps in. If somebody gets injured during the season, promote Hammond and put him in.

-King-
09-15-2013, 05:03 PM
I think he's permanently lost that spot. Put Demps in. If somebody gets injured during the season, promote Hammond and put him in.

Demps was returning early in the game. That's the only time Knile was put back there. I don't know what they thought would happen.

bricks
09-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Do you guys think McCluster has bad vision?

It seems that way when I watch him.

TEX
09-15-2013, 05:06 PM
We cut our top 3 special teams guys, and the 1 guy (Hartman) who was all over the field on punt/field goal blocks. I'm still surprised that people on CP were so insistent it wouldn't make a difference. I took a lot of shit for it too.

It's not just our return game. Our coverage unit has been terrible. 22 yard punt return and a 35 yard kickoff return.

Exactly this. I said as much too when we picked up all those new guys off waivers. I think in the long term we will be ok on Special Teams. We are improved in other areas because of the additions. Case in point, yhe TE we got from Seattle had a goof catch today BUT totally failed on the blocked FG.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Do you guys think McCluster has bad vision?

It seems that way when I watch him.

He's actually been much better at PR than he gets credit for. But I agree that he makes some pretty questionable choices in field vision.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2013, 01:29 PM

stats really don't matter either way

when i watch i see running lanes and space that McCluster doesn't take

he's not terrible but he misses stuff imo

i think put Knile back to return kicks because Demps was playing more on defense and they didn't want him tired.

FlaChief58
09-16-2013, 01:35 PM

They turned over a lot of that part of the roster after final cuts. Give them a little time to gel and I believe they'll improve

-King-
09-16-2013, 01:39 PM
stats really don't matter either way

when i watch i see running lanes and space that McCluster doesn't take

he's not terrible but he misses stuff imo

i think put Knile back to return kicks because Demps was playing more on defense and they didn't want him tired.

Well of course you see running lanes. You're watching through a camera that's above the field. Players don't see things the way we do. Especially on fast action plays like punt returns.

And the Knile thing is right. I think it was Knile said that Demps was getting a lot of snaps and was tired, so they put Knile back there. Should have put McCluster back tbh.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Well of course you see running lanes. You're watching through a camera that's above the field. Players don't see things the way we do. Especially on fast action plays like punt returns.

And the Knile thing is right. I think it was Knile said that Demps was getting a lot of snaps and was tired, so they put Knile back there. Should have put McCluster back tbh.
i'm not gochiefs, you don't have to defend McCluster ... i didn't say he sucked

when you see open space to the left and to the right but McCluster runs into the middle and gets tackled, it's frustrating though.

Many returners do a better job of seeing/feeling open space than McCluster.

I think Demps is better ... i think that Hammond/drummond? guy that got cut showed some vision that DMC doesn't.