PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Avery vs Hemingway

T-post Tom
09-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Put Avery in the slot & give JH at shot @ the #2. Avery is better suited to the slot. At least for one whole game. See what happens. (Do not care if he's a 7th round pick.)

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Put Avery in the slot & give JH at shot @ the #2. Avery is better suited to the slot. At least for one whole game. See what happens. (Do not care if he's a 7th round pick.)

Don't like this idea. Avery brings a speed element and deep threats that none of our guys can. I like Hemmingway but his role is as it should be, as a possession slot guy.

Rausch
09-15-2013, 05:56 PM
I like the talent where it is.

My argument would be how it's being used...

Ace Gunner
09-15-2013, 06:03 PM
he could be the #2 next year, but this season they're going with the veteran Avery and letting Hemingway work for his reps. I think this is the right way to do it.

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Why does everybody shit on Avery? When we traded Baldwin and it was assumed that he was the starter, everybody was like, "OHHHH GOOOOOOOD OUR RECEIVERS SUCK!!! BRANDON LLOYD PLZ!!"

Avery's a pretty fast guy. Not every team in the league has a player like him.

Hemingway will get there. He'll get his chances on the field if he just keeps at it.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Why does everybody shit on Avery? When we traded Baldwin and it was assumed that he was the starter, everybody was like, "OHHHH GOOOOOOOD OUR RECEIVERS SUCK!!! BRANDON LLOYD PLZ!!"

Hemingway will get there. He'll get his chances on the field if he just keeps at it.

If anything, Hemingway should be taking reps away from McCluster. Unless you find a way to get him the ball in space or move him around pre-snap, McCluster is just a guy (even when you do those things, he hasn't yet proven he can do much with opportunities given).

T-post Tom
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM

Not crapping on Avery at all. Just think he's being misused. Better at the slot. If not... he needs be in motion more often.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-15-2013, 06:09 PM
2 and 0

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Not crapping on Avery at all. Just think he's being misused. Better at the slot. If not' he needs to be in motion more often.

He's the only guy we have that can really stretch the field. You're absolutely right -- to get the best use out of him, we have to have passes where we actually take shots downfield.

T-post Tom
09-15-2013, 06:11 PM
2 and 0

Brilliant. :spock:

KCrockaholic
09-15-2013, 06:11 PM
he could be the #2 next year, but this season they're going with the veteran Avery and letting Hemingway work for his reps. I think this is the right way to do it.

If he's the #2 next year we didn't do shit in the off season and Alex Smith is fucked.

T-post Tom
09-15-2013, 06:13 PM
He's the only guy we have that can really stretch the field. You're absolutely right -- to get the best use out of him, we have to have passes where we actually take shots downfield.

He seems to struggle when getting jammed at the line. More motion?

-King-
09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
What's wrong with Avery out wide? And McCluster hasn't been bad out of the slot either.

ChiefsFanatic
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM

I agree. I didn't like seeing Jenkins instead of Hemingway. It shoul not matter what round a player is drafted in. I like Hemingway. Avery seems a little slender to be a #2. Maybe if he was taller. I was pretty frustrated with the lack of a rushing game until late, and all the passes that went towards the side line instead of downfield. If we dont run the ball against the Eagles they could score 40 points.