PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid Presser

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 07:16 PM
This place is losing its burst

Ok, so Dunta (Robinson) was really the only one that didn’t make it to the game. He was excused for personal reasons. The guys that were banged up just a bit here were (Anthony) Fasano, he has an ankle (injury) and he’ll have an x-ray tomorrow. He continued to play, just a little sore. Branden Albert hurt his shoulder when he was down there, but he was able to continue. (Mike) DeVito had a stinger, he came out for a little bit and he’s a bit sore. The crowd was unbelievable today. I mean they just made it about impossible for the Cowboys to hear. That’s a good Cowboys football team; I think time will tell you that as the season goes on. I appreciate the resolve of our football team, just pushing through. Obviously, there were some ups and there were some downs, things in crucial situations, those young-guy mistakes here and there and the guys didn’t let any of that get them down. They just kept pushing through and I thought they did a nice job. The two turnovers, I thought, were huge. I think that Preston Road Trophy is huge, too.”

Was there any revelation to how the guys responded like that?

“They fought. That’s what they did. They kind of put everything else out of the picture and just fought. There are certain games where you just have to do that. There are going to be highs and lows when you play a good football team. If you get caught too high or too low, you’re in trouble and they didn’t do that. They just kind of put their heads down and kept going. That might be what I’m proudest (of). They just didn’t have those high highs or low lows.”

Were you curious to how they were going to respond to adversity?

“I’m curious, they’re curious. We haven’t been down this road. We’re experiencing it all together and that’s ok. That’s how you come together as a team; you have to go through all these different experiences and just keep battling. Am I surprised? I’m not surprised, I’ve been around them. You never know until you’re there, right?”

Knile Davis had some trouble out there. Why did you decide to put him back in?

“Well, (Quintin) Demps was tired. He’d been out there that whole period. Knile (Davis) was put in there and he was supposed to catch the football and do what he’s supposed to do. You’re put in that role and you’re a professional. You practice it and get in there and do the right thing. We’re fortunate that we got the ball back.”

How did you feel about Alex in the last three minutes?

“I’ll tell you, I think he did great. But, I also think that big o-line did great. Those guys—they banked on him and then 25 (Jamaal Charles)—what are you going to say? Here’s a guy that is out a practice and a half this week and he said give me the ball, we need to end this thing the right way. Tough kid, good player.”

How would you evaluate Alex Smith in the first quarter?

“We had a few option plays we ran. We tried to involve him—they have a very good defense and so, we knew he would need to be a factor in there. They were packing the box on us. (Dallas Defensive Coordinator) Monte (Kiffin) went with a lot of single-safety-middle, which is a bit tough to run on. So we came out and we threw the ball. Alex (Smith) was going to be a factor in the run game. We went with the option game, where we got that extra person. That gave us that eight-man front and it worked out ok. When he had chances to scramble, there were some nice lanes there and he took advantage of that. That’s his game.”

Where was your heart when he flipped over there?

“I’m glad he flipped over backwards that way. He did it with grace.”

What about the takeaways?

“You hang with me long enough, it's takeaways and points. On both sides of the ball, we keep it nice and simple. We try to eliminate the turnovers and we try to score points on offense. The opposite way, don’t let them score and have some takeaways and normally good things happen. There’s a lot of emphasis on that and the guys are doing a nice job. I’m not sure we didn’t have a chance for another turnover, with Eric Berry, that was a heck of a play. That’s one of those bang-bang (plays). You have (Umpire) Tony (Michalek) back there, who is a phenomenal official and that’s a bang-bang call. That one could have, I think, gone either way.”

How are you feeling about Philadelphia?

“I mean, I haven’t gotten there yet. I’m still on this one. I’m going to go back and take a look at their film and we’ll take it from there. I’m going to tell you this right now, it’s not about me, it’s about our football team. That’s the way it’s going to remain throughout the next few days, when we have the opportunity to play them.”

What was the key defensively?

“Listen, the guys played hard. I think they did a good job.”

What about Brandon Flowers?

“I’m proud of Brandon (Flowers), because he battled the whole game. That’s a great player right there. Right when you thought it was at the point, and dognabit, he came back and gutted it up and played like a winner. He was unbelievable. He made some big plays down the stretch. He’s going to catch some balls, I don’t care who you put on him, he’s going to catch some balls. You double him up, and then you’ve got the other guys you have to deal with, that’s what they want you to do. Brandon went out and I think he battled his heart out.”

How did the defense come together?

“I think they’re doing a good job.”

What does it mean to your defense to have a player like Dontari Poe?

“You’re in a 34-front and it starts with that guy right there, then you kind of build off from there. He’s showing that he’s a heck of a football player, these last two weeks. I think you’ve seen a pretty dominant force in there. I’m proud of him.”

What does it mean to have a season home-opening win?

“They came out and there was a Sea of Red out there. It was crazy and our players felt that. They wanted to dress in red for the fans and so they asked me about it and I talked to (John) Dorsey about it. He gave us the ok on it, to do that, and the players feel that. Believe it or not, they feel it, especially when the ground is shaking. When our fans are going, you can feel that field and it just kind of rumbles, it’s crazy, but (an) awesome feeling.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Andy-Reid-Press-Conference-Transcript/41e18fa0-b197-45fc-ad46-b02c3640f508

DaFace
09-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Good read. I've kind of stopped reading these the past few years because our coaches have seemed like idiots, but Andy might turn me around.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Good read. I've kind of stopped reading these the past few years because our coaches have seemed like idiots, but Andy might turn me around.

Agreed - it got old hearing the same thing over and over - especially after a loss - hopefully we won't have to endure one of those for a few more weeks :thumb:

Mav
09-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Chiefs win, beat a team that has been slurped by the media all week, and all you read on this forum is people pissing and moaning over the qb play.

Gotta love it. Good read, thank you for the break.

Chiefspants
09-15-2013, 07:33 PM
LMAO - "He did it with grace"

petegz28
09-15-2013, 07:33 PM
“They came out and there was a Sea of Red out there. It was crazy and our players felt that. They wanted to dress in red for the fans and so they asked me about it and I talked to (John) Dorsey about it. He gave us the ok on it, to do that, and the players feel that. Believe it or not, they feel it, especially when the ground is shaking. When our fans are going, you can feel that field and it just kind of rumbles, it’s crazy, but (an) awesome feeling.”

This gets you excited

Raiderhater
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM

This.

COchief
09-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Ha, sounds like he gave Davis quite the light-up there. Will be interesting to see that on video to see his tone/expression. I about shit myself when that idiot dropped the ball in that situation.

ReynardMuldrake
09-15-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm just glad we have a coach that washes his hat.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Chiefs win, beat a team that has been slurped by the media all week, and all you read on this forum is people pissing and moaning over the qb play.

Gotta love it. Good read, thank you for the break.

:thumb:

JohnnyHammersticks
09-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm just glad we have a coach that says "dognabit".

fyp

wink91wink
09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
He's right about Poe, he has liked like a straight up force the first two weeks.

Buehler445
09-15-2013, 09:07 PM

This. Again, it bears repeating, Fuck Pioli. God forbid we actually talk about the game.

It's like reading chinese to see Reid say he's proud of guys.

09-15-2013, 09:11 PM
This gets you excited
Making certain the fans follow through for the next home game.

xztop123
09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Single high safety... cant run.... yet this forum thinks theres some conspiracy or Reid is simply ignoring the run in spite of ample opportunity.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Single high safety... cant run.... yet this forum thinks theres some conspiracy or Reid is simply ignoring the run in spite of ample opportunity.

Some people need to check their vaginas for sand

Simply Red
09-15-2013, 10:08 PM
I like the use of 'listen' when Andy kicks off his sentences and emphasizes points. He says "man" a lot too.

lcarus
09-15-2013, 11:19 PM
I like the use of 'listen' when Andy kicks off his sentences and emphasizes points. He says "man" a lot too.

He says "listen" a bit too much for me. We're listening doggonnit!!

Bob Dole
09-15-2013, 11:29 PM
What happened to, "I don't know. I'm not sure until I look at the tape."?

Simply Red
09-15-2013, 11:34 PM

LMAO yes, really!

Man, though; Andy really likes giving the fans props. :clap:

CaliforniaChief
09-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Jerry Jones has a huge hard-on for Andy Reid. Talk about throwing your own coach under the bus:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Jones-Reid-Got-The-Most-Out-Of-The-Game/8bdb2bca-f50f-4e25-a0af-fd3cc3f5ebcf

WhiteWhale
09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm just glad we have a coach that washes himself.

FYP

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:33 AM
FYP

He is not washing himself. He hasn't been able to wash the crack of his ass in years. He goes through a car wash to get that done.

HemiEd
09-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Well said, I agree 100%. I put yesterdays victory on Reid, he did an awesome job managing the game and is humble as heck. We haven't had a coach with humility since Dick Vermeil.

Dragonocho
09-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Jerry Jones has a huge hard-on for Andy Reid. Talk about throwing your own coach under the bus:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Jones-Reid-Got-The-Most-Out-Of-The-Game/8bdb2bca-f50f-4e25-a0af-fd3cc3f5ebcf

Wow. He stood there and praised the Chiefs fans and coach.

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Wow. He stood there and praised the Chiefs fans and coach.

Well...he may be an asshole, but Jerry Jones is not an idiot - he knows how they got beat.

the Talking Can
09-16-2013, 06:37 AM

shit, it's like remembering a suppressed trauma

Wallcrawler
09-16-2013, 07:10 AM
What about Brandon Flowers?

“I’m proud of Brandon (Flowers), because he battled the whole game. That’s a great player right there. Right when you thought it was at the point, and dognabit, he came back and gutted it up and played like a winner. He was unbelievable. He made some big plays down the stretch. He’s going to catch some balls, I don’t care who you put on him, he’s going to catch some balls. You double him up, and then you’ve got the other guys you have to deal with, that’s what they want you to do. Brandon went out and I think he battled his heart out.”

Loved this part here. Everyone was kinda shitting on Flowers during the game. In hindsight, the 3 big catches by Bryant ended up being the only big plays for the Cowboys offense. There was that big drop by Bryant that really could have turned the game, but he couldn't make the play for whatever reason. By leaving Flowers on Dez one on one, we were able to take Miles Austin and Jason Whitten completely out of the game, crushed their rushing attack and only surrendered one TD, and two long ass field goals.

When you look at the TD that Bryant caught, I really believe that Kendrick Lewis was supposed to drop and help Flowers out on that play, just by the way that Flowers was playing him. Flowers looked pretty upset with Lewis after the play was over as well.

Flowers did just about as well as anyone could expect. I don't think there are very many teams that play Dez Bryant man to man with no help.

Wallcrawler
09-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Well said, I agree 100%. I put yesterdays victory on Reid, he did an awesome job managing the game and is humble as heck. We haven't had a coach with humility since Dick Vermeil.

The big difference between Andy and Dick is that Andy will send your ass packing if you cant perform on the field, not just continue to let you play out the season because you complimented his wife's cooking.

Dick was a great coach and a great guy. He just couldn't separate business from personal relationship.