PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Developing Bray

cdcox
09-15-2013, 08:03 PM
I keep hearing about how great of a prospect Bray is and that he will develop into a our franchise QB at some point.

Bray has a live arm, no doubt, but beyond that he is extremely raw.

He's not a student of the game -- he didn't really improve during his time at Tennessee. He has a bad reputation as far as attitude and work ethic. So he's not going to develop on his own.

The third string QB doesn't get a lot of attention during the season. The coaches are all focused on getting the starter ready. I'm not aware of any special QB whisperer that Andy Reid keeps on his staff.

I would love to see Bray develop, but I'm not sure how that happens for him. Those of you that think he will be starting in 3 years, what is the pathway? What will turn him from being an underachiever to an NFL franchise QB?

O.city
09-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Alot of it is on him. He's gotta be a sponge and be constantly working to get better

mcaj22
09-15-2013, 08:06 PM
we just played against a former UDFA/3rd team scout QB today in Tony Romo

Romo sat for like 3 years as a 3rd stringer/place holder for the kickers.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Its a shame NFL Europe isn't around anymore. Bray would be perfect for that.

Canofbier
09-15-2013, 08:08 PM
we just played against a former UDFA/3rd team scout QB today in Tony Romo

Romo sat for like 3 years as a 3rd stringer/place holder for the kickers.

Man, I always forget that about Romo. He's not HOF or anything, but I always felt that he was a better player than many fans give him credit for.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:09 PM
We shouldn't just settle on Bray. Draft a kid next year in the first round.

Canofbier
09-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I think the hope is that going undrafted humbled him and that Smith's work habits and attitude rub off on Bray while he rides the bench.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 08:10 PM
I keep hearing about how great of a prospect Bray is and that he will develop into a our franchise QB at some point.

He's not a student of the game -- he didn't really improve during his time at Tennessee. He has a bad reputation as far as attitude and work ethic. So he's not going to develop on his own.

The third string QB doesn't get a lot of attention during the season. The coaches are all focused on getting the starter ready. I'm not aware of any special QB whisperer that Andy Reid keeps on his staff.

I would love to see Bray develop, but I'm not sure how that happens for him. Those of you that think he will be starting in 3 years, what is the pathway? What will turn him from being an underachiever to an NFL franchise QB?

We've got three offensive coaches (Reid, Pederson, Nagy) who are probably spending a ton of time with QBs. Two experienced veteran QBs probably showing the ropes in terms of leadership and film study. I wonder if Chilly spends any time with him too.

And I'm sure nobody's spending much time with Chase Daniel and that Smith, to some level, is veteran enough to need less coaching than most.

Long story short, I don't think we have to worry about Bray not getting enough quality coaching or attention.

chief4life
Alot of it is on him. He's gotta be a sponge and be constantly working to get better

Bray has the goods he just has to get his footwork down and learn as much as he can from Andy Reid. He is in a good spot and it will take time be patient. :thumb:

BigBeauford
There really is no rush. Alex still is on contract and we are winning games. It might be cliche to say, but Bray is truly in the best position to succeed.

BryanBusby
09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
He played for Derek fucking Dooley. The fact he landed on the final roster is a miracle and just maybe Andy can salvage years of bad coaching Bray received.

chief4life
09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
We've got three offensive coaches (Reid, Pederson, Nagy) who are probably spending a ton of time with QBs. Two experienced veteran QBs probably showing the ropes in terms of leadership and film study. I wonder if Chilly spends any time with him too.

And I'm sure nobody's spending much time with Chase Daniel and that Smith, to some level, is veteran enough to need less coaching than most.

Long story short, I don't think we have to worry about Bray not getting enough quality coaching or attention.

This :thumb:

cdcox
09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
He played for Derek ****ing Dooley. The fact he landed on the final roster is a miracle and just maybe Andy can salvage years of bad coaching Bray received.

This is the only thing that gives me a bit of hope. Maybe he got nothing from the Tennessee staff and really is more absorbent than your average rock.

Psyko Tek
09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
we will be drafting to late for that to do us any good
32nd is no where to pick a QB

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM

Beyond dumb

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Beyond dumb

You're beyond dumb and a coward.

ILChief
09-15-2013, 08:35 PM
He needs to beat Daniel for the #2 job next year. Then challenge for the starting job the following year

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 08:37 PM
You're beyond dumb and a coward.
And you're just a fucking jackass.

This team needs help at the CB, WR and TE position.

Ignoring those until the third round would be beyond fucking stupid.

In addition to that, you're spending a draft choice on a player that won't see the filed for at least a year, if not longer.

But of course, I've come to realize that your stupidity has no bounds, so your dumbassery isn't shocking.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:38 PM
As you're just a ****ing jackass.

Ignoring those until the third round would be beyond ****ing stupid.

In addition to that, you're spending a draft choice on a player that won't see the filed for at least a year, if not longer.

But of course, I've come to realize the your stupidity has no bounds, your dumbassery isn't shocking.

I don't want to get in it with you asshole I'm in too good of a mood for beating the Cowboys so you can just fuck off.

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
I think Brad Childress is our QB Whisperer. I can't think of any other thing he would do for the staff.

Chris Ault is an adviser to Reid, and Reid is his own senior offensive assistant.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
As you're just a ****ing jackass.

Ignoring those until the third round would be beyond ****ing stupid.

But of course, I've come to realize the your stupidity has no bounds, so your dumbassery isn't shocking.

YOU'RE FUCKING COWARD FULL OF EXCUSES NOT TO EVER DRAFT AND TAKE A CHANCE ON A QUARTERBACK WITH OUR TOP PICK

FUCK OFF TRUE FAN COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 08:40 PM
And you're just a fucking jackass.

Ignoring those until the third round would be beyond fucking stupid.

But of course, I've come to realize the your stupidity has no bounds, so your dumbassery isn't shocking.

It's pointless to use specific names at this point because nobody knows how the college QBs will stack up, but what if THAT QB is available to us in the 1st round?

We've got to take him. Can't afford not to.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 08:40 PM
YOU'RE FUCKING COWARD FULL OF EXCUSES NOT TO EVER DRAFT AND TAKE A CHANCE ON A QUARTERBACK WITH OUR TOP PICK

FUCK OFF TRUE FAN COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief. You're a fucking idiot.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Good grief. You're a ****ing idiot.

You get in it with anybody who wants to draft and develop a quarterback with our first pick. You're just an asshole and everybody knows it.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I've wanted to draft and develop a quarterback for over 25 years of watching Chiefs and being my favorite team fuck face McCloud so fuck the fuckitty fuck off asshole.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Also Dane McDouche NO ONE here currs if you think I'm and idiot. You think everybody is an idiot that doesn't agree with you. Get the fuck over it you are not special here you are not any better than any other poster here.

GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE YOU'RE A PATHETIC MISERABLE ASSHOLE.

You aren't just an asshole to me but to who ever wants to spend a top draft pick on a fucking quarterback.

milkman
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM

Homerism..................................duhhhhhhh.

Rasputin
Should just change Dane McClouds name to Carl Peterson because if we have it his way we will never draft a first round quarterback.

RealSNR
Trent Green was 34 years old when we passed on Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith will be almost 30.

The difference is Alex Smith doesn't play with the 32nd ranked defense. We absolutely need to take a shot if a great QB is sitting there when we pick.

milkman
09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Beyond dumb

No, it isn't.

If you don't have a QB, you don't have any chance.

bigjosh
09-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Should just change Dane McClouds name to Carl Peterson because if we have it his way we will never draft a first round quarterback.

repped.

DaneMcCloud
No, it isn't.

If you don't have a QB, you don't have any chance.

So, the Chiefs don't have a quarterback?

bigjosh
Trent Green was 34 years old when we passed on Aaron Rodgers. Alex Smith will be almost 30.

The difference is Alex Smith doesn't play with the 32nd ranked defense. We absolutely need to take a shot if a great QB is sitting there when we pick.

you're repped too!

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:11 PM
It's pointless to use specific names at this point because nobody knows how the college QBs will stack up, but what if THAT QB is available to us in the 1st round?

We've got to take him. Can't afford not to.

I believe that Reid and Dorsey will disagree.

Brandon Flowers, the Chiefs best cornerback, was toasted today by Bryant. While I grossly underestimated Denver's offense, it's very clear that Flowers, Smith and Robinson will not match up with Thomas, Thomas and Welker. I dread the Denver games at this point.

Additionally, Fasano and Kelce have been disappointments and while Avery is "okay", if the Chiefs want to compete for championships, they're going to need their "own" Andre Johnson, Dez Bryant, etc. opposite Bowe.

They just spent a second round pick on a QB and will (likely) spend a second round pick on a QB in May. The only way I believe the Chiefs would take a quarterback in the first round is if Smith completely shits the bed from this point forward or suffers a career ending injury.

It's just not realistic, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:13 PM
You aren't just an asshole to me but to who ever wants to spend a top draft pick on a fucking quarterback.

This is complete nonsense.

Typical.

Rasputin
09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
repped.

Thank you :)

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
They just spent a second round pick on a QB and will (likely) spend a second round pick on a QB in May. The only way I believe the Chiefs would take a quarterback in the first round is if Smith completely shits the bed from this point forward or suffers a career ending injury.

I'm sure Alex Smith will play pretty well for the rest of his Chiefs career, but the issue of how long that will last might come sooner than we think.

He's had multiple concussions already. His next one could be his last.

Ace Gunner
09-15-2013, 09:16 PM
"Branden Albert = QB Wisperer"

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm sure Alex Smith will play pretty well for the rest of his Chiefs career, but the issue of how long that will last might come sooner than we think.

Like I said, I could see them drafting a QB in the first if Smith suffers a career ending injury.

I can't see them taking a QB if Smith continues to play well throughout the season, especially with their glaring needs.

And for the record, I'm talking "realistically", not what I would do personally.

O.city
09-15-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm not too terribly worried about flowers, dez made some really tough catches today. He's obviously gonna have to be better, but we know what we got there.

I think it's a little premature to say what we do or don't have at the te spot, I think Kielce is still dinged.

But As of right now, Sammy Watkins would get vote

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm not too terribly worried about flowers, dez made some really tough catches today. He's obviously gonna have to be better, but we know what we got there.

Dude, there is every reason to worry. Demaryious Thomas is a beast. Julius Thomas is a beast. Welker is Welker. And the Chiefs have to face them all twice this year, with a QB not named Romo and is named Manning.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to see the Chiefs beat by four TD's against Denver. They're scary and our CB's do not match up well.

I think it's a little premature to say what we do or don't have at the te spot, I think Kielce is still dinged.

I was a fan of Fasano and Kelce but they have been disappointing to say the least. Andy Reid has always made the tight end a huge part of his game plan so if either fail to impress this season, there's no doubt he'll look to upgrade.

Sannyasi
09-15-2013, 09:25 PM

The difference is Alex Smith doesn't play with the 32nd ranked defense. We absolutely need to take a shot if a QB is sitting there when we pick.

I don't think Reid or Dorsey would shy away from taking a QB in the first if there is a guy available at our pick who makes sense for our system. Reid knows how important the QB position is in the NFL. But you don't want to be in a spot where you HAVE to take whatever QB is available, and the Chiefs aren't in that position anymore.

We can afford to be selective. Not every first round QB is the next Aaron Rodgers. I don't want to see the Chiefs draft some guy just because they haven't in a while.

milkman
09-15-2013, 09:26 PM
So, the Chiefs don't have a quarterback?

Are you new here?

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't think Reid or Dorsey would shy away from taking a QB in the first if there is a guy available at our pick who makes sense for our system. Reid knows how important the QB position is in the NFL. But you don't want to be in a spot where you HAVE to take whatever QB is available, and the Chiefs aren't in that position anymore.

We can afford to be selective. Not every first round QB is the next Aaron Rodgers. I don't want to see the Chiefs draft some guy just because they haven't in a while.

People really seem to like this class a lot. If there IS an Aaron Rodgers there when we pick, we're no more scrapped for starting CBs than we are starting QBs.

O.city
09-15-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm saying I'm not worried about flowers ability.

The broncos are a scary team for sure, and I'm not rally sure how we will match up with them, but outside of dez today in the first half, we matched up with a pretty darn good skill group in its own right.

I assume they'll put smith on Thomas, Abdullah and co on the slot and flowers on decker? Or maybe flowers down in the slot.

We're just gonna have to hope the pressure gets home first

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Are you new here?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm saying I'm not worried about flowers ability.

The broncos are a scary team for sure, and I'm not rally sure how we will match up with them, but outside of dez today in the first half, we matched up with a pretty darn good skill group in its own right.

I assume they'll put smith on Thomas, Abdullah and co on the slot and flowers on decker? Or maybe flowers down in the slot.

We're just gonna have to hope the pressure gets home first

There is no team in the league that I like less than Denver but I'm not sure if I've seen a more complete team in at least a decade.

Their offense is unreal and Von Miller and Champ Bailey haven't played a down yet.

I do believe that Thomas, Thomas and Welker will score multiple touchdowns versus the Chiefs.

Clay was right: It's going to be ugly.

Sorter
09-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Dude, there is every reason to worry. Demaryious Thomas is a beast. Julius Thomas is a beast. Welker is Welker. And the Chiefs have to face them all twice this year, with a QB not named Romo and is named Manning.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to see the Chiefs beat by four TD's against Denver. They're scary and our CB's do not match up well.

I was a fan of Fasano and Kelce but they have been disappointing to say the least. Andy Reid has always made the tight end a huge part of his game plan so if either fail to impress this season, there's no doubt he'll look to upgrade.

Sean Smith vs. Welker has got to be one of the worst matchups available this year, if it transpires.

Dat short area quickness. ROFL

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Gonna have to hope for injuries. Luckily we get them later in the year. Plenty of possibilities

O.city
09-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Sean Smith vs. Welker has got to be one of the worst matchups available this year, if it transpires.

Yeah that doesn't sound like a good idea. I assume he'll cover Thomas.

Wonder if berry could cover welker?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:38 PM

I may have to go the beach that day for a bike ride and miss my first Chiefs game on TV or in person since 1988.

I don't think I've ever dreaded a game as much as our first versus Denver.

Mav
09-15-2013, 09:39 PM

They don't have any qb gurus?

Doug Pedersen was an integral part of Donovan McNabbs growth. Matt Nagy the qb coach is well respected, Chris Ault, Andy Reid himself, Brad Childress, Alex Smith, Chase Daniel.

How many more gurus do you need?

There hasn't been one report that has said that Bray hasn't been a model citizen. The proof of GROWTH as you said was in the 4th preseason game.

yeah, its against guys who wouldn't be in the league more or less, but, he showed pocket awareness, he showed the ability to go through progressions.

Not sure where this absolute that he hasn't been everything that he wasn't in college comes from.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:39 PM

Keep in mind, Demaryious is 6'3 and Julius is 6'5.

It's likely to be a hideous day.

O.city
09-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Going to have to be extremely physical with them and get pressure I guess.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:46 PM

It's tough for a 5'9 guy to get physical with a 6'3 guy that has 30 pounds of muscle on him.

Denver's offensive line has been very good, which of course is helped by Manning's decision making and release.

Prepare yourself for an ugly day.

Sorter
09-15-2013, 09:47 PM

I may have to go the beach that day for a bike ride and miss my first Chiefs game on TV or in person since 1988.

I don't think I've ever dreaded a game as much as our first versus Denver.

I'd say moving Flowers into the slot is probably the best chance for success.

However, I'm not very high on Dunta. It's quite possible he turns into a monster and completely exceeds our expectations.

Right?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd say moving Flowers into the slot is probably the best chance for success.

However, I'm not very high on Dunta. It's quite possible he turns into a monster and completely exceeds our expectations.

Right?

I think Parker has a better chance than Dunta

:D

milkman
09-15-2013, 09:48 PM

There's always been the myth that you pay for it when you bring pressure on Manning.

The reality is that you can get inside Manning's head and disrupt his timing if you get consistent pressure and hits.

My plan anytime facing Manning would be to bring the heat.

O.city
09-15-2013, 09:50 PM
There's always been the myth that you pay for it when you bring pressure on Manning.

The reality is that you can get inside Manning's head and disrupt his timing if you get consistent pressure and hits.

You've got to get there though.

Iirc, his numbers against the blitz are pretty remarkable. If we can get there with 4 or 5, that is how well beat them.

milkman
09-15-2013, 09:54 PM

Iirc, his numbers against the blitz are pretty remarkable. If we can get there with 4 or 5, that is how well beat them.

Watching Poe's growth, I fully expect him to abuse the interior.

cdcox
09-15-2013, 09:55 PM
They don't have any qb gurus?

Doug Pedersen was an integral part of Donovan McNabbs growth. Matt Nagy the qb coach is well respected, Chris Ault, Andy Reid himself, Brad Childress, Alex Smith, Chase Daniel.

How many more gurus do you need?

There hasn't been one report that has said that Bray hasn't been a model citizen. The proof of GROWTH as you said was in the 4th preseason game.

yeah, its against guys who wouldn't be in the league more or less, but, he showed pocket awareness, he showed the ability to go through progressions.

Not sure where this absolute that he hasn't been everything that he wasn't in college comes from.

I don't think the Chiefs QB gurus spend a whole lot of time working with Bray during the season. They are talking to Alex, Bray gets to look over his shoulder. Alex gets 90% of the snaps with the offense. Chase gets all the rest. Any snaps Bray gets is with the scout team, which just decreases the time he has to learn our system.

Of all the priorities that the Chiefs QB gurus have during the week, I doubt spending quality time developing Tyler Bray is in the top 20.

And Bray hasn't shown himself to be a great student of the game, so he's going to get less out of the elbow rubbing experience than most.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM
There is no team in the league that I like less than Denver but I'm not sure if I've seen a more complete team in at least a decade.

Their offense is unreal and Von Miller and Champ Bailey haven't played a down yet.

I do believe that Thomas, Thomas and Welker will score multiple touchdowns versus the Chiefs.

Clay was right: It's going to be ugly.

Divisional games are always tough. I predict a slug fest.

Sorter
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM
I think Parker has a better chance than Dunta

:D

This may or may not have been my expression on his forced fumble today.

http://animalsarejustlikestars.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/plotting.jpg

cdcox
09-15-2013, 09:58 PM

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to draft CBs to stop a 38-year old QB who will be retired by the time they reach their primes. We should be drafting with our eye 3 years into the future with every pick.

keg in kc
09-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Just because he wasn't a student of the game doesn't mean he can't become one.

Boon
09-15-2013, 10:03 PM
To concede the game to Denver already shows ignorance.
A couple of injuries to any team will change their fortunes.

That's why they play the games!

Mav
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I don't think the Chiefs QB gurus spend a whole lot of time working with Bray during the season. They are talking to Alex, Bray gets to look over his shoulder. Alex gets 90% of the snaps with the offense. Chase gets all the rest. Any snaps Bray gets is with the scout team, which just decreases the time he has to learn our system.

Of all the priorities that the Chiefs QB gurus have during the week, I doubt spending quality time developing Tyler Bray is in the top 20.

And Bray hasn't shown himself to be a great student of the game, so he's going to get less out of the elbow rubbing experience than most.

In fairness, we don't know what kind of student he has been with the Chiefs.

He still is studying with the qbs, and im sure that during the week, he is studying tape with Alex and Chase. There is only so much he will do on the field that's true, but I think that running the scout team, is good for him.

He needs reps, he needs reps while learning how to correctly play the position at a professional level. And then he will have all offseason.

Then, he is only an injury away from getting far more reps.

I think its a golden situation.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 10:05 PM

True. As does players not currently playing returning to the field. As was stated, Denver is doing what they are without Bailey or Miller.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I don't think it makes a lot of sense to draft CBs to stop a 38-year old QB who will be retired by the time they reach their primes. We should be drafting with our eye 3 years into the future with every pick.

You're not drafting a CB to match up with a QB, you're drafting him to match up to elite receivers within the division that have elite size.

5'9 doesn't match up with 6'3, as evidenced by today.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 10:08 PM

So you're predicting that Denver has injuries but the Chiefs won't?

Okay.

Sorter
09-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Okay.

LMAO

Boon
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM

Okay.

That statement is as stupid as your concession.
Go to the beach and ride your bike. Boy.

kysirsoze
09-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Divisional games are always tough. I predict a slug fest.

This is really the Chiefs' only shot. I would be fucking ecstatic to split with you guys this year. At this point I'm seriously worried that no one can beat the Broncos. If you guys go undefeated I... ... I just don't think I could handle it.

Sorter
09-15-2013, 10:22 PM
This is really the Chiefs' only shot. I would be ****ing ecstatic to split with you guys this year. At this point I'm seriously worried that no one can beat the Broncos. If you guys go undefeated I... ... I just don't think I could handle it.

Don't worry, they'd lose their first playoff game.

It's science.

The Franchise
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Also Dane McDouche NO ONE here currs if you think I'm and idiot. You think everybody is an idiot that doesn't agree with you. Get the fuck over it you are not special here you are not any better than any other poster here.

It's not just Dane that thinks you're an idiot.....don't worry.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM

It's science.

LMAO

cdcox
09-15-2013, 10:26 PM

You're both correct. Manning's 2012 splits

QB rating without pressure: 116
QB rating with pressure: 55
QB rating when blitzed: 104
QB rating when not blitzed: 106

Blitzes are fine as long as they bring pressure. Pressure is the key.

kysirsoze
09-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I don't want to get in it with you asshole I'm in too good of a mood for beating the Cowboys so you can just **** off.

And then...

YOU'RE ****ING COWARD FULL OF EXCUSES NOT TO EVER DRAFT AND TAKE A CHANCE ON A QUARTERBACK WITH OUR TOP PICK

**** OFF TRUE FAN COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!

You get in it with anybody who wants to draft and develop a quarterback with our first pick. You're just an asshole and everybody knows it.

I've wanted to draft and develop a quarterback for over 25 years of watching Chiefs and being my favorite team **** face McCloud so **** the ****itty **** off asshole.

Also Dane McDouche NO ONE here currs if you think I'm and idiot. You think everybody is an idiot that doesn't agree with you. Get the **** over it you are not special here you are not any better than any other poster here.

You aren't just an asshole to me but to who ever wants to spend a top draft pick on a ****ing quarterback.

:hmmm:

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2013, 11:58 PM
It's as simple as what I've been saying since day one in his Jr year. If he takes his craft seriously he'll be a super star QB. If he doesn't he'll be out of the league within 4 years.

Tribal Warfare
09-16-2013, 12:01 AM

The way he scrambles and runs for yards he maybe on the 2013 ACL crew, because defenders will try to put a killshot on Alex which lead to his concussion last year also.

WhiteWhale
09-16-2013, 12:07 AM

IF by 'bring pressure' you mean 'blitz' then it's not a myth. The numbers substantiate it. Manning TORCHES blitzing teams.

New Orleans didn't beat manning with pressure, even though they were a blitzing team. New England clowned Manning for a decade without bringing blitzes. Both utilized more 3 man rushes and TIMELY blitzes to disrupt Manning. Great example is NO in the superbowl. 3 man rushes all night long, but it was the well timed blitz play that caused him to throw the game away on that final drive.

Pressure blitz happy defenses get raped by Manning and always has. His post season struggles have almost always been because teams DO NOT blitz him heavily. Even when he lost to the Steelers they were dominating him with 3 man rushes and almost gave the game away in the 2nd half when they started bringing blitzes.

Simply 'bringing pressure' is not a solution to the Manning problem. The only real way to stop him is to pressure him consistently... but you can't do so by throwing the house at him. You need the base pass rush to be effective or he's going to kill you.

scho63
09-16-2013, 12:13 AM
I really could care less about Bray at this point. I just want to focus on who's playing and keep winning!

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't think anything ever comes of Bray, he was undrafted for a reason. The only reason KC fans have an infatuation with him is because they are starved for any young QB that comes along regardless of talent or potential to succeed as a starter in the NFL.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:39 AM
The way he scrambles and runs for yards he maybe on the 2013 ACL crew, because defenders will try to put a killshot on Alex which lead to his concussion last year also.

It did? Actually, no it didn't.

he got his concussion on a qb sneak.

That jo lonn dunbar hit that everyone assumes gave him a concussion, wasn't the hit that actually did.

But, I agree. he needs to get down if he is going to run. Doesn't need to be super man backwards flying through the air.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:42 AM
I don't think anything ever comes of Bray, he was undrafted for a reason. The only reason KC fans have an infatuation with him is because they are starved for any young QB that comes along regardless of talent or potential to succeed as a starter in the NFL.

Disagree. Qbs slip through the cracks all the time.

Bray was a victim of poor interviews, poor college tape, and an historically bad draft class.

He landed into the perfect situation. You cant honestly watch that packers preseason game, and go, gee, this guy should of been undrafted.

Matt Scott, cut, tyler Wilson, cut, Landry Jones looked like crap in the preseason as did Ryan Nassib. No one can say that if a draft was redone, that those guys would go before Bray.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Disagree. Qbs slip through the cracks all the time.

Bray was a victim of poor interviews, poor college tape, and an historically bad draft class.

He landed into the perfect situation. You cant honestly watch that packers preseason game, and go, gee, this guy should of been undrafted.

Matt Scott, cut, tyler Wilson, cut, Landry Jones looked like crap in the preseason as did Ryan Nassib. No one can say that if a draft was redone, that those guys would go before Bray.

If you're actually a Niner fan you should know preseason means absolutely nothing when it comes to game time on Sundays. Remember a certain somebody named Nate Davis who wowed us all with his arm strength and preseason prowess?

vailpass
09-16-2013, 12:59 AM

It's science.

Peyton has never won a super bowl?

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:01 AM
If you're actually a Niner fan you should know preseason means absolutely nothing when it comes to game time on Sundays. Remember a certain somebody named Nate Davis who wowed us all with his arm strength and preseason prowess?

I remember lots of things. I remember Scott Tolzien destroying the 49ers, I remember Kap looking like garbage.

But, the difference with Bray, is that I watched him get progressively better.

Plus, the skill has always been there. He just needed to grow up, and needed coaching.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Peyton has never won a super bowl?Wasn't he talking about KC?

vailpass
09-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Wasn't he talking about KC?

No. Unless I misunderstood?

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I remember lots of things. I remember Scott Tolzien destroying the 49ers, I remember Kap looking like garbage.

But, the difference with Bray, is that I watched him get progressively better.

Plus, the skill has always been there. He just needed to grow up, and needed coaching.

Lighting up a 3rd sting defense in the 4th preseason game when neither team gives a shit means absolutely nothing.

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Lighting up a 3rd sting defense in the 4th preseason game when neither team gives a shit means absolutely nothing.

Stats yes. But making reads, going through progressions, is something that can help in development.

Just seeing improvement.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Stats yes. But making reads, going through progressions, is something that can help in development.

Just seeing improvement.

It takes a lot more than just making a couple throws to be a starting QB in the NFL, if Bray ever amounts to that I'll be very surprised.

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:22 AM
It takes a lot more than just making a couple throws to be a starting QB in the NFL, if Bray ever amounts to that I'll be very surprised.

Fair enough. I was like that too. I didn't think after Kaps first preseason that he would ever be where he is at. I think Bray is in a situation and has the tools to succeed. o:-)

Also, I am bit of a Bray homer, and have been for a long time.

Sorter
09-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Peyton has never won a super bowl?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

:)

vailpass
09-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

:)

PFM isn't blind. :)

Sorter
09-16-2013, 01:55 AM
PFM isn't blind. :)

ROFL

vailpass
09-16-2013, 01:56 AM
ROFL

Grats on your win today, good to see the West represent.

Sorter
09-16-2013, 02:05 AM
Grats on your win today, good to see the West represent.

You know, you're the first person to congratulate me on my fantasy football victory.

I appreciate it.

vailpass
09-16-2013, 02:07 AM
You know, you're the first person to congratulate me on my fantasy football victory.

I appreciate it.

Welcome. Rodgers went off for me today as did J. JONES. SCORED 153, high for the week so am extra$10.

Sorter
09-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Welcome. Rodgers went off for me today as did J. JONES. SCORED 153, high for the week so am extra$10.

I scored like 150 or something. Stevan Ridley is doing his damnedest to ruin my fucking team. He's killing morale and not producing.

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 05:44 AM

I want to draft Manziel...

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 05:44 AM
'I care about how your FF team is doing' said no person ever.

rico
09-16-2013, 05:54 AM

I'm on the Manziel wagon myself. If he entered the draft in 2014, I'd love to nab him even though we do have CB/TE woes that need to be addressed. Kid reminds me of some sort of Favre/Brees hybrid.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Tyler Bray.

rico
09-16-2013, 06:10 AM
Tyler Bray.

Cali Cool. I'll love it if this kid ends up being the man.

Rasputin
09-16-2013, 06:36 AM

Me 2 :thumb:

& fuck the haters.

rico
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Me 2 :thumb:

& **** the haters.

If we somehow ended up drafting Manziel in 2015 draft, I would be excited as hell about our QB tandem. Smith (presumably), Bray/Manziel.....awesome.

Chiefshrink
09-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Bray's definitely got the tools(arm and athletic ability), he just needs to develop a good 'tool box'(brains and emotional maturity) to be successful and bring it all together:thumb:

Rasputin
09-16-2013, 08:03 AM
If we somehow ended up drafting Manziel in 2015 draft, I would be excited as hell about our QB tandem. Smith (presumably), Bray/Manziel.....awesome.

I'd like to think Manziel would be able to beat out AS & anyone if we snag him in the first round that would be cool as fuck.

I know it wont happen that way so fuck off Dane this post isn't for you asshole. Just wishful thinking.

Doing good rico how bout yourself? :thumb:

Chiefshrink
09-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Manziel.....awesome.

Very rarily do people change their stripes, you can't change,"It's ALL ABOUT ME"!! He is like a smaller white version of Michael Vick athletically but with a lesser arm and much bigger ego that won't be tolerated at the NFL level. He is 20 and still has a chance to grow up but will he ? I say he won't. He is an unchecked silver spooned kid and unchecked silver spooned kids rarily change:shake:

Compare his ego to Wilson,RGIII and even Kaep who has had his ego moments of late but overall is a humble kid as well and is learning.

BlackHelicopters
09-16-2013, 08:15 AM

LMAO

Rasputin
09-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Very rarily do people change their stripes, you can't change,"It's ALL ABOUT ME"!! He is like a smaller white version of Michael Vick athletically but with a lesser arm and much bigger ego that won't be tolerated at the NFL level. He is 20 and still has a chance to grow up but will he ? I say he won't. He is an unchecked silver spooned kid and unchecked silver spooned kids rarily change:shake:

Compare his ego to Wilson,RGIII and even Kaep who has had his ego moments of late but overall is a humble kid as well and is learning.

I'd say there is less than 0% this team would draft him anyways. No guts no glory but I can understand all the reasonings to pass on him much like excuses for any other quarterback too much risk.

I may change my mind about him but for now I think he would be fun to root for him as a Chief for the fun factor of having him as our quarterback and see if he can be as exciting as he is to watch now.

Also to piss off the haters of drafting a quarterback and be fun for media talk.

Red Gorilla
09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
I really could care less about Bray at this point. I just want to focus on who's playing and keep winning!

Me too. He's completely irrelevant. It's like we have this giant NY Strip, baked potato, and a wonderful salad but, people want to talk about the parsley on the plate. It's fucking lame.

Chiefshrink
09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
I'd say there is less than 0% this team would draft him anyways. No guts no glory but I can understand all the reasonings to pass on him much like excuses for any other quarterback too much risk.

I may change my mind about him but for now I think he would be fun to root for him as a Chief for the fun factor of having him as our quarterback and see if he can be as exciting as he is to watch now.

Also to piss off the haters of drafting a quarterback and be fun for media talk.

Agreed. IF he keeps tearing it up at the D1 level and this hurry up Chip Kelly offense keeps growing in the NFL with other teams he will be hard to resist taking in the draft for sure. He would be perfect for Kelly's O.:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Prepare yourself for an ugly day.

Not necessarily. The game in Arrowhead was close last year. 17-9

RealSNR
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
I scored like 150 or something. Stevan Ridley is doing his damnedest to ruin my fucking team. He's killing morale and not producing.

In the season when Belichick straight up cut Randy Moss midseason, I swore that I'd never depend on another Patriots player as a fantasy starter outside of Brady. Ever again. Belichick's too much of a psychotic dweebazoid, and I have no doubt that a lot of the player benching/cutting he does half the time doesn't actually make his team better at all.

That's not stopping me from trying to nab a piece of Kenbrell Thompkins or Aaron Dobson, but they're like, my last reserves on the bench.

Rasputin
09-16-2013, 12:16 PM
If anything happens to Alex Smith I don't want to see Chase Daniels on the field so I don't curr if it would be premature to put Bray on the field or not. It wouldn't hurt him to get that playing time as an UDFA. Playing time isn't going to stunt his growth any but give him something to work on to improve over.

I don't want to see Chase Daniels if he ends up being our QBOTF I'm really going be pissed and they would keep him in there if he struggles or not. Bray may need some bench time but **** Chase Daniels as our number 2 quarterback.
I much rather watch Bray and see what he got.

Also please don't bother with your stupid ****ing facepalm crap Dane it is so ****ing old I know you think I'm and idiot and probably others do too so just shut the **** up quoting me. Or just fist yourself with that facepalm you dick. If you can't understand this~ Leave me the **** alone asshole is what I'm saying. I'm in a damn good mood for beating the Cowsluts and don't need you shitting on my parade.

saphojunkie
09-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Fuck Manziel. Dude is Tebow 2.0.

Dave Lane
09-16-2013, 12:36 PM

OR first overall or middle first or ever because next years class will be way better and its risky to take a QB. Better take someone elses backup thats pretty good then we know what we have.