PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Smith inspires Chiefs with running, passing and toughness

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Good read - I especially like reading what his teammates have to say about him

Welts creased Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith’s forehead. The bridge of his nose was bruised. His left elbow was flaming red.

If anyone personified what it took to slug out a 17-16 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, it was Smith.

Smith led the Chiefs in rushing with a career-best 57 yards against a Dallas defense that was crowding the line of scrimmage with the intent of stopping running back Jamaal Charles.

Smith was under constant pressure from Cowboys pass rushers DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher but still completed 21 of 36 passes for 223 yards, two touchdowns, and perhaps most important, no interceptions.

“In the trenches, when it’s time to buckle up, he’s all in,” said wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who caught Smith’s second touchdown pass. “You should see the look in his eyes when he’s demanding … and controlling the offense. I never had a quarterback like that.

“He’s tough, he’s not going to back down …”

Smith showed his toughness early when he executed the read option on the first play of the game, called his number and picked up four yards. And Smith showed his courage on the opening drive when on a third-and-13 from the Dallas 35, he sprinted toward the right sidelines, and as he lunged for the chains, was flipped over on his back.

He gained 17 yards and a first down.

“That was a first for me,” Smith said of the head-over-heels tumble. “I’ve never done anything like that. I was just kind of put in that situation, and I thought (the receivers) did a great job of adjusting from route running to all-of-a-sudden blockers on the perimeter.

“I knew I was close to the down marker, so I saw (cornerback Brandon Carr) kind of going low, and then I was in the air.”

Said coach Andy Reid: “I’m glad he flipped over backward that way. He did it with grace …”

Smith’s dive for the first down sent a message to his teammates in a game where yards came grudgingly.

“That inspires you,” said offensive tackle Branden Albert, who returned to the game after suffering a shoulder injury. “My quarterback putting his guts on the line, we’ve got to put our guts on the line. He did a good job making plays for us. The first half he carried us. We had to calm down as a whole, me included.

“We started protecting better, and things started coming together. He did a good job keeping us together in the first half.”

Some of Smith’s runs were by design because of what Dallas was showing.

“We had a few option plays,” said Reid. “We knew Alex had to be a factor in the run game and with the option game, where we have the extra person (Smith) against that eight-man front.

“And then when he had some chances to scramble, there were some nice lanes there, and he took advantage of that. That’s his game.”

Smith would scramble again on the opening possession for 13 yards to the 2, setting up a 2-yard touchdown flip to Charles. He finished the first half with seven carries for 49 yards.

“The (pass) protection was great in the first quarter, especially on the opening drive,” Smith said. “I saw a lot of (Cowboys) backs turned and running … I saw a lot of big lanes to run through.

“It’s not something you’re thinking about, it just kind of happens. All of a sudden you’re taking off. With the kind of style defense they were playing, there were a lot of backs turned toward me and a lot of green grass.”

Smith gave the Chiefs the lead for good with his 12-yard touchdown pass to Bowe. That score was set up when he hit Donnie Avery for the biggest offensive play of the game, a 31-yard hookup.

Bowe ran a delayed route across the middle and broke free untouched for the touchdown.

“That’s how it should be when you have a great quarterback to put the ball on the money,” said Bowe. “I got lost in the middle … we ran it in practice, and it worked every time. “

The two touchdowns on Sunday were the Chiefs’ fifth in five trips inside the 20 this season. Last year, they ranked last in touchdown efficiency inside the 20 at 27 percent.

“Coach Reid always says, all your strengths and all your weaknesses show up down there in the red zone because it’s tighter, it’s faster, and all the windows are smaller,” Smith said. “It’s something we put a lot of emphasis on. We practice hard, we practice fast. The way we practice throughout the week in the red zone is fast, game-like tempo and speed, so that helps.”

The Chiefs also appreciate the importance of not turning the ball over. And after turning it over an NFL-most 37 times last season, they’ve yet to give the ball away this season.

Credit Smith, whose 20 interceptions over the last three-plus seasons are the fewest among NFL starting quarterbacks.

“He doesn’t force things that aren’t there,” said fullback Anthony Sherman. “He knows who’s open, and he has enough speed and makes things happen with his feet when they’re not open.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/15/4484019/smith-inspires-chiefs-with-running.html#storylink=cpy

a pp roach
09-15-2013, 10:03 PM
he ran early and often and wasn't afraid to jump over guys and take hits. not exactly what he's in the game to do, but any way we get offensive production is good.

great clutch in the red zone like bowe said

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
All I can think of when reading this is what is it like to have a leader vs a boss

Hammock Parties
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
The right tackle of QBs.

mikey23545
09-15-2013, 10:06 PM
But but but - he doesn't have a chocolate penii!

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Alex needs to get real comfortable with the idea of throwing the ball to receivers in tight spaces.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2013, 10:09 PM
I can't wait until he plays with a broken pinky, for reals.

Imon Yourside
09-15-2013, 10:10 PM

Alright already, I admit I had a huge boner for Geno. I still like the guy, but Alex Smith is the man. He isn't perfect, He isn't going to throw for 5 td's but he's got guts and guts is good enough for me.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:10 PM

LMAO

Mav
09-15-2013, 10:11 PM
I can't wait until he plays with a broken pinky, for reals.

How many more wins before you are on the bandwagon bro?

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
How many more wins before you are on the bandwagon bro?

Stop feeding the troll :LOL:

Seriously tho - I really like what his team mates are saying - the very definition of a leader

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Alright already, I admit I had a huge boner for Geno. I still like the guy, but Alex Smith is the man. He isn't perfect, He isn't going to throw for 5 td's but he's got guts and guts is good enough for me.

Wanna word that differently?

Matt Cassel had guts too

Psyko Tek
09-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1

with the KC D I think this will work
don't you Gochiefs

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Matt Cassel had guts too

:spock:

Mister fetal position at the slightest hint of a pass rush had guts?

Imon Yourside
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM

Matt Cassel had guts too

Matt Cassel was a grade A Pu$$y. I'm serious I have been impressed with Alex Smith, in a Steve Deberg kind of way.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM

A lot of people thought he had guts in 2010. Thought he was Mr. Tough after his appendectomy.

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 10:17 PM
A lot of people thought he had guts in 2010. Thought he was Mr. Tough after his appendectomy.

Yep. This.

People used "tough" to describe him because they couldn't think of any good QB descriptors that make him out to be a competent pro.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:18 PM

I think there is a huge difference between playing right after a medical procedure (and folding under a pass rush) vs going out and commanding respect from your team mates by getting dirty with them

-King-
09-15-2013, 10:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUP3LqcCcAIPpyS.jpg:large

DenverChief
AND

a huge difference between fans/commentators saying you are tough vs your team mates saying it

AussieChiefsFan
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUP3LqcCcAIPpyS.jpg:largeThat actually looks really epic.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:20 PM

very cool :thumb:

pr_capone
09-15-2013, 10:21 PM

Dude came back 4 days after having his appendix ripped out and didn't miss a game. Guts wasn't his problem... it was his complete lack of talent.

Carlota69
09-15-2013, 10:21 PM

I love the all red uniforms. Bad ass!!!

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Dude came back 4 days after having his appendix ripped out and didn't miss a game. Guts wasn't his problem... it was his complete lack of talent.

BFD - guts comes from plays on the field - he had a medical procedure and came back and played like shit for the next 2 years

Hammock Parties
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM
I think there is a huge difference between playing right after a medical procedure (and folding under a pass rush) vs going out and commanding respect from your team mates by getting dirty with them

Uh, remember when Cassel defended Jackie Battle?

Everyone thought he was so badass!

Same bullshit.

Make throws, or GTFO.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 10:27 PM
BTW I'd bet Harbaugh is rethinking trading Smith away right about now

Mav
09-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Uh, remember when Cassel defended Jackie Battle?

Everyone thought he was so badass!

Same bullshit.

Make throws, or GTFO.

BTW I'd bet Harbaugh is rethinking trading Smith away right about now

JUST CHUCK IT DEEP BRO!!!

Anyone seen Kaeps stat line?

WhiteWhale
09-15-2013, 10:39 PM

Nah man.

Clearly everyone on this forum could fight a bear after having their appendix removed.

This is a forum of incredible bad-asses.

kcfanXIII
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
I feel like I'm on my way to admitting I was wrong about smith. He has definitely started to win me over. Not ready to admit it yet, but I'm getting there.

WhiteWhale
09-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I feel like I'm on my way to admitting I was wrong about smith. He has definitely started to win me over. Not ready to admit it yet, but I'm getting there.

He is exactly the QB I thought he was so far...

I still doubt it's enough to make us a champion, but he's a nice accurate guy inside 10 yards and he knows how to do things like look off defenders and pump fake defenders. He just doesn't have that aggressiveness that I really like in QB's.

His ability to run for 1st downs is something that could be seen in SF.

pr_capone
09-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Nah man.

Clearly everyone on this forum could fight a bear after having their appendix removed.

This is a forum of incredible bad-asses.

Exactly. The guy's glaring faults are more than enough to kick him over without having to make stretches to find others.

BFD - guts comes from plays on the field - he had a medical procedure and came back and played like shit for the next 2 years

No, clutch comes from plays on the field. Guts is having another person open your body to remove an organ... then playing professional football the following 4 weeks.

JF08
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1

with the KC D I think this will work
don't you Gochiefs

KC should have the #2 scoring defense after tomorrow's game. Yes, I think it will work.

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Exactly. The guy's glaring faults are more than enough to kick him over without having to make stretches to find others.

No, clutch comes from plays on the field. Guts is having another person open your body to remove an organ... then playing professional football the following 4 weeks.

Sounds more like stupidity to me but whatever floats your boat

KChiefs1
09-15-2013, 11:28 PM
That actually looks really epic.

I need that hanging in my man cave.

l4z4rd
09-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Looks like Smith is still uber efficient in the red zone.

Iconic
09-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Just wait till all the homers watch Vick and co hang 30 unanswered points on us and Smith tries to battle back with a bunch of 5 yard passes and frantic scrambles. He'll really inspire everyone then!

DenverChief
09-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Just wait till all the homers watch Vick and co hang 30 unanswered points on us and Smith tries to battle back with a bunch of 5 yard passes and frantic scrambles. He'll really inspire everyone then!

Quoted for reference

AussieChiefsFan
09-15-2013, 11:51 PM

Quoted for reference2rd

Iconic
09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
I'll be waiting to eat crow Thursday.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23mg6a.jpg

opposition
09-15-2013, 11:56 PM

Last time he played Philly he was down 23-3. Ended up winning.

Iconic
09-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Last time he played Philly he was down 23-3. Ended up winning.

Last time he played Philly he had a Superbowl caliber 49er team behind him.

buddha
09-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Where are all of the CP "experts" who spent the past six months serenading us about how Alex Smith sucks, has always sucked and will always suck?

What sucks is to spend half the year spouting mindless bullshit and not waiting to see how this guy would do HERE with this staff.

Personally, I know most of that group doesn't have the grit to admit they were wrong, but I'm guessing most people would settle for STFU and enjoy the ride.

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 12:11 AM
I'll be waiting to eat crow Thursday.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23mg6a.jpg

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Where are all of the CP "experts" who spent the past six months serenading us about how Alex Smith sucks, has always sucked and will always suck?

What sucks is to spend half the year spouting mindless bullshit and not waiting to see how this guy would do HERE with this staff.

Personally, I know most of that group doesn't have the grit to admit they were wrong, but I'm guessing most people would settle for STFU and enjoy the ride.

14 pts

WhiteWhale
09-16-2013, 12:13 AM

I'll probably wait more than 2 games before putting him in the ring of honor, but you do what you want.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 12:14 AM

Really? Because that super bowl caliber team you speak of went 6-10 the year before with almost the exact same roster. Get a real coach and wow look what Smith and the rest of the team was able to do.

keg in kc
09-16-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm not sure which "experts" that angry dude was referring to, but Alex Smith so far has been exactly what most of us people with "negative" perceptions suggested that he would be. (Although, speaking for just myself, he's throwing for a lower completion percentage than I expected, and has more TDs than I expected) All in all, basically his play is exactly what everyone who's ever watched him play expected: extremely conservative. And adequate.

He hasn't been bad, he's made some real good plays, but like the offense as a whole, he's been a bit schizophrenic, and seems to just go in the tank for long periods of time. He eventually needs to play better, as does the rest of the unit, if this team's going to contend. Case in point: so far the team has punted 17 times in two games. That ain't good. They had the ball 8 times in Dallas territory today yet somehow only managed 17 points. That's got to get better, too.

No, I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. And no I'm not saying don't enjoy the wins. I'm just pointing out a few areas for improvement. Hopefully they get there.

And at the end of the day, while he wasn't the direction I would have chosen, I do want Alex Smith to be better than I expected. Because I want the team to win.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:25 AM

No he didn't. he had essentially THE VERY SAME defense, with a lot worse offensive weapons with him.

Braylon Edwards was OUT, Adam Snyder was the starting right guard. Vick destroyed the offense. He had like 400 yards passing. Yet, Alex went toe to toe with them.

Make sure when you look at this box score, check the RECEIVERS he was throwing to. The Chiefs are every bit as good as that right now. Id even say better.

You are such a troll.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311002021

Iconic
09-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Really? Because that super bowl caliber team you speak of went 6-10 the year before with almost the exact same roster. Get a real coach and wow look what Smith and the rest of the team was able to do.

Yeah, And that same team kicked Smith to the curb for a rookie.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure which "experts" that angry dude was referring to, but Alex Smith so far has been exactly what most of us people with "negative" perceptions suggested that he would be. (Although, speaking for just myself, he's throwing for a lower completion percentage than I expected, and has more TDs than I expected) All in all, basically his play is exactly what everyone who's ever watched him play expected: extremely conservative. And adequate.

He hasn't been bad, he's made some real good plays, but like the offense as a whole, he's been a bit schizophrenic, and seems to just go in the tank for long periods of time. He eventually needs to play better, as does the rest of the unit, if this team's going to contend. Case in point: so far the team has punted 17 times in two games. That ain't good. They had the ball 8 times in Dallas territory today yet somehow only managed 17 points. That's got to get better, too.

No, I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. And no I'm not saying don't enjoy the wins. I'm just pointing out a few areas for improvement. Hopefully they get there.

And at the end of the day, while he wasn't the direction I would have chosen, I do want Alex Smith to be better than I expected. Because I want the team to win.

They are winning. Also, changing a losing culture, takes time. No, not years, but perhaps maybe more than two weeks?

Offenses, usually are behind the defenses. The Chiefs talent is mostly on the defense. If you did a list of the Chiefs 10 best players, only three of them I would wager you could definitely say are on the offense.

Charles and Bowe Albert. Berry, Poe, DJ, Flowers, Houston, Hali, DeVito.

The defense should be ahead of the offense. But the offense will get better. Eventually the run game will get going.....

Im just stunned by how much Andy is one having Alex throw, and how much he is having Alex run.

Thought Alex would have more picks doing that. Although, he could of had at least one today.

DenverChief
No he didn't. he had essentially THE VERY SAME defense, with a lot worse offensive weapons with him.

Braylon Edwards was OUT, Adam Snyder was the starting right guard. Vick destroyed the offense. He had like 400 yards passing. Yet, Alex went toe to toe with them.

Make sure when you look at this box score, check the RECEIVERS he was throwing to. The Chiefs are every bit as good as that right now. Id even say better.

You are such a troll.

BOOM goes the dynamite

AussieChiefsFan
Yeah, And that same team kicked Smith to the curb for a rookie.I wouldn't call 2 2nd rounders, "the curb".

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:31 AM

wasn't a rookie. was a second year player. he was also the head coaches hand picked qb......

You are just a troll. Its fine not to like a guy.

But, its not cool to lie.

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 12:31 AM

People make dumb decisions all the time...

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:32 AM
People make dumb decisions all the time...

LMAO

keg in kc
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
They are winning. They are. My point was that I don't think that will continue without improvement. I believe that, at some point this season, we'll have games contingent upon the performance of the offense. That wasn't really the case in week one or week two. They were games where "enough to get by" was all we needed. I think it's a safe bet that at some point we'll need more.

(And frankly, we should expect more all the time, but that's another discussion)

Now, I do expect them to improve. It is still very early in the year. However...all I have to go on at this point is what's happened on the field so far...

pr_capone
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Sounds more like stupidity to me but whatever floats your boat

How quickly we forget. 2010 was the year KC made it into the playoffs. Had Kasl not returned, Croyle would have started in his place for the last 3 games of the regular season. Croyle wouldn't have beat either the Rams nor the Titans.

If Kasl doesn't return, KC doesn't go to the playoffs. Yeah... we didn't go anywhere in the playoffs but we got there nonetheless.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:37 AM
They are. My point was that I don't think that will continue without improvement. I believe that, at some point this season, we'll have games contingent upon the performance of the offense. That wasn't really the case in week one or week two. They were games where "enough to get by" was all we needed. I think it's a safe bet that at some point we'll need more.

(And frankly, we should expect more all the time, but that's another discussion)

Now, I do expect them to improve. It is still very early in the year. However...all I have to go on at this point is what's happened on the field so far...

Oh. I agree. I can tell you right now, Thursday could get VERY ugly. People are going to overreact. I hate Thursday games. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Chiefs lose by 14+.

But I still think that by November, the Chiefs will be much better on offense.

An offensive Juggernaut? No, but much more consistent. They are still learning each other. The oline needs to gel, Alex has to gain more trust in his guys. Guys need to get healthy. Kelce, still don't know why they didn't use Hemmingway more today.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 12:38 AM

All of these players are in their first year of Reid's offense, not just Smith, you should expect them to get better and more efficient as time goes on.

keg in kc
09-16-2013, 12:40 AM
All of these players are in their first year of Reid's offense, not just Smith, you should expect them to get better and more efficient as time goes on.As I just said...I do expect them to improve. It is still very early in the year. However...all I have to go on at this point is what's happened on the field so far...

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Oh. I agree. I can tell you right now, Thursday could get VERY ugly. People are going to overreact. I hate Thursday games. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Chiefs lose by 14+.

But I still think that by November, the Chiefs will be much better on offense.

An offensive Juggernaut? No, but much more consistent. They are still learning each other. The oline needs to gel, Alex has to gain more trust in his guys. Guys need to get healthy. Kelce, still don't know why they didn't use Hemmingway more today.14+? That would be quite significant. Again, I'm not saying we win this, but remember, Philly is also coming of a short week, hell theyre coming off two short weeks.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:43 AM
14+? That would be quite significant. Again, I'm not saying we win this, but remember, Philly is also coming of a short week, hell theyre coming off two short weeks.

Shrugs. I just hate the Thursday games. its such a huge advantage for the home team.

Plus, I don't know how beat up the Chiefs are. Fasano nicked, Albert nicked.

How healthy can they get in three days?

09-16-2013, 12:44 AM
14+? That would be quite significant. Again, I'm not saying we win this, but remember, Philly is also coming of a short week, hell theyre coming off two short weeks.

and why the NFL would do that to any team is completely beyond me.

keg in kc
09-16-2013, 12:44 AM
and why the NFL would do that to any team is completely beyond me.Player safety is a priority, didn't you hear?

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Shrugs. I just hate the Thursday games. its such a huge advantage for the home team.

Plus, I don't know how beat up the Chiefs are. Fasano nicked, Albert nicked.

How healthy can they get in three days?Yeah, the home field advantage for Philly is the one main thing that bugs me, but other than that, they're in the same boat as us. I know we joked about this before, but seriously, isn't Vick nicked up again as well?

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 12:46 AM
As I just said...I do expect them to improve. It is still very early in the year. However...all I have to go on at this point is what's happened on the field so far...

Of course, but what has happened so far is 2 wins and 0 losses. Fans should be encouraged that even in these early stages when the offense isn't all there the team is still pulling out victories.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah, the home field advantage for Philly is the one main thing that bugs me, but other than that, they're in the same boat as us. I know we joked about this before, but seriously, isn't Vick nicked up again as well?

I don't know. Its stupid to put these players in this situation.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 12:47 AM
and why the NFL would do that to any team is completely beyond me.One thing I was thinking about earlier, was that wouldn't it be great if we had football on more days of the week instead of condensed all into one or two days. It'd be great - When watching other teams. The downfall would be that no one would want it to be THEIR team playing on that odd day, they'd just want some random other two teams playing in order to tide them over until sunday.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't know. Its stupid to put these players in this situation.True. I mean, at least if it was like a Saturday to give them more time. Especially when the two teams are so far apart geographically.

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 12:51 AM
How quickly we forget. 2010 was the year KC made it into the playoffs. Had Kasl not returned, Croyle would have started in his place for the last 3 games of the regular season. Croyle wouldn't have beat either the Rams nor the Titans.

If Kasl doesn't return, KC doesn't go to the playoffs. Yeah... we didn't go anywhere in the playoffs but we got there nonetheless.

I dont understand how that equates to guts - once again I believe that GUTS are a product of what you do one the field (head first dives for first downs, Trent Green Blocks (http://vimeo.com/31683))

Iconic
09-16-2013, 12:51 AM

You are such a troll.

Morgan is a very serviceable slot receiver who's racked up almost 2500 yards in the span of 5 years. Crabtree was considered the top receiver in his draft class and was drafted 10th overall. Vernon Davis is widely considered one of the best TE's in the league, same for Gore at the running back position, and Tedd Ginn Jr. is more then solid for a third wide out.

Also, With the exception of Aldon Smith and Eric Reid the 2011 and 2013 starting defensive lineup is the exact same.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2011_roster.htm

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Morgan is a very serviceable slot receiver who's racked up almost 2500 yards in the span of 5 years. Crabtree was considered the top receiver in his draft class and was drafted 10th overall. Vernon Davis is widely considered one of the best TE's in the league, same for Gore at the running back position, and Tedd Ginn Jr. is more then solid for a third wide out.

Also, With the exception of Aldon Smith and Eric Reid the 2011 and 2013 starting defensive lineup is the exact same.

So is Avery and Bowe with Charles widely considered one of the best RB's in the league - BTW Ginn didn't catch a pass that game - so what is that point? Oh wait maybe Smith is good?

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
True. I mean, at least if it was like a Saturday to give them more time. Especially when the two teams are so far apart geographically.
yeah, something has to give. They are all about team safety, but this is stupid. Basically, they don't get a day off, they have to install Monday and Tuesday, and travel Wednesday. That's BEYOND STUPID.

that was week four, new offense, off of a lock out, on the road against the DREAM TEAM.

The defense gave up 400+ to Michael Vick, and Alex Smith still won.

and no. Its not the same with the exception of Aldon and Eric Reid.

Soap is gone at d tackle as well.

It also was the 4th game together starting, for first time starters Isaac Sopoga, Ray McDonald, Navarro Bowman, cast offs in Whitner, and Carlos Rogers. Its not that simple. There is a lot that goes into a football team, and game. Josh Morgan is the 4th, or 5th receiver given the day in Washington. He was asked to be the number two at that time. Also, Crabtree, wasn't crabtree until 2012 when he got mentored by Randy Moss.

This is not apples to apples. The bottom line is. You said that the eagles were going to run amuck.

I provided proof that even if that is THE CASE, that the Chiefs will be okay.

So, you can feel free to back track, step back, regroup and try again.

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:00 AM
So is Avery and Bowe with Charles widely considered one of the best RB's in the league - BTW Ginn didn't catch a pass that game - so what is that point? Oh wait maybe Smith is good?

Id also say that TODAY, compared to that season for the 49ers, the defense is AHEAD of where that defense was. Considering that week two of that season the Cowboys DESTROYED the 49ers secondary.

Iconic
09-16-2013, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't call 2 2nd rounders, "the curb".

You're right, I'd prefer to call it- we just got hustled.

wasn't a rookie. was a second year player. he was also the head coaches hand picked qb......

You are just a troll. Its fine not to like a guy.

But, its not cool to lie.

It doesn't change the fact that Alex got outplayed by a kid who sat the bench for a year and a half.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:02 AM
It doesn't change the fact that Alex got outplayed by a kid who sat the bench for a year and a half.Which automatically makes him worthless?

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Id also say that TODAY, compared to that season for the 49ers, the defense is AHEAD of where that defense was. Considering that week two of that season the Cowboys DESTROYED the 49ers secondary.

I don't claim to know a hell of a lot about the 49ers but I do know that the talent of that team offensively is comparable to the talent of this team now...the only thing we really miss is an elite TE and in all honesty our "platoon" at the position is being very adequate right now

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:03 AM
You're right, I'd prefer to call it- we just got hustled.

It doesn't change the fact that Alex got outplayed by a kid who sat the bench for a year and a half.

If that is how you want to see it.

That isn't factual though. Alex Smith was replaced because of play. He was replaced because the guy he got replaced by just happens to be better.

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 01:03 AM

Rivers - Brees

Brees must suck

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't claim to know a hell of a lot about the 49ers but I do know that the talent of that team offensively is comparable to the talent of this team now...the only thing we really miss is an elite TE and in all honesty our "platoon" at the position is being very adequate right now

I don't really consider Vernon to be "elite". I think that the Chiefs tight ends if they ever get healthy can be very comparable.

Vernon while having elite speed, and size, is very suspect with his hands. Hes a straight body catcher, and that has always bothered me.

AussieChiefsFan
Rivers - Brees

Brees must suck^

Mav
Rivers - Brees

Brees must suck

Brett Favre- Aaron Rodgers.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Brett Favre- Aaron Rodgers.Montana - Young

or is that going too far? :D

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Montana - Young

LMAO

Bledsoe - Brady

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Montana - Young

Lol, im not that guy. Works for me.

Iconic
09-16-2013, 01:14 AM
that was week four, new offense, off of a lock out,

The entire NFL was facing similar obstacles.

on the road against the DREAM TEAM.

They went 8-8. Not nearly as dreamy as we thought.

The defense gave up 400+ to Michael Vick, and Alex Smith still won.

Fair enough.

It also was the 4th game together starting, for first time starters Isaac Sopoga, Ray McDonald, Navarro Bowman, cast offs in Whitner, and Carlos Rogers. Its not that simple. There is a lot that goes into a football team, and game. Josh Morgan is the 4th, or 5th receiver given the day in Washington. He was asked to be the number two at that time. Also, Crabtree, wasn't crabtree until 2012 when he got mentored by Randy Moss.

The Dream team had a ton of new faces as well?

This is not apples to apples. The bottom line is. You said that the eagles were going to run amuck.

Yes, they probably will. Alex won't be able to keep up.

I provided proof that even if that is THE CASE, that the Chiefs will be okay.

Wrong, you provided proof about the San Francisco 49ers being okay- not the Chiefs.

So, you can feel free to back track, step back, regroup and try again.

I'll do that anyways. I'm sleepy.

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Iconic. What about the Chiefs defense has led you to believe that the Eagles are going to RUN AMUCK?

The Redskins got blasted by the Packers just as poorly as they did by the eagles.

The Chiefs just held a great passing team to 16 points.

I don't see it. The short week, is the only reason I think the eagles will win this game. Not because the eagles are a better team. They aren't.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Yes, they probably will. Alex won't be able to keep up.
Against the Eagles D? Why not?

Oh you mean with their offense. If our D plays at all like it did today, they can keep the score from getting out of control like you suggest it will.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Iconic. What about the Chiefs defense has led you to believe that the Eagles are going to RUN AMUCK?

The Redskins got blasted by the Packers just as poorly as they did by the eagles.

I don't see it. The short week, is the only reason I think the eagles will win this game. Not because the eagles are a better team. They aren't.Official prediction? :D

But honestly, if the Eagles do win, I don't think it'll be due to the short week. They have had short weeks as well. I think it would be due to the travel and away game.

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Official prediction? :D

But honestly, if the Eagles do win, I don't think it'll be due to the short week. They have had short weeks as well. I think it would be due to the travel and away game.

I haven't looked up exactly what it was. But, so far this season, the Thursday night game home team, is 2-0, and im pretty sure it was lopsided last year as well.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:32 AM
I haven't looked up exactly what it was. But, so far this season, the Thursday night game home team, is 2-0, and im pretty sure it was lopsided last year as well.Damnit. Well, it'll be as good a time as any to make that 2-1.

Mav
09-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Damnit. Well, it'll be as good a time as any to make that 2-1.

I agree hehehehe. im going reverse psych this week.

hehe. EAGLES BLOW OUT. :evil: night guys.....

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:38 AM
I agree hehehehe. im going reverse psych this week.

hehe. EAGLES BLOW OUT. :evil: night guys.....:thumb:

Iconic
09-16-2013, 01:45 AM

I don't see it. The short week, is the only reason I think the eagles will win this game. Not because the eagles are a better team. They aren't.

Because they are the anti-chiefs. High scoring potent offense with a below average lackluster defense. To beat them you have to pass vertically. Something Smith just isn't uncomfortable with. Also because it's a short weak and Chip Kelly is a wild card.

Against the Eagles D? Why not?

Oh you mean with their offense. If our D plays at all like it did today, they can keep the score from getting out of control like you suggest it will.

I don't doubt our D's ability. I doubt they will be able to hold for four quarters- that's what I doubt. They won't be rested enough from all the O's 3 and outs. This is a fast paced Chip Kelly offense we are going up against and it's on the road. We are talking about a newly acquired average Alex Smith going into Lincoln Stadium and being able to outscore Michael Vick. This is the same guy who couldn't even snap the ball on time at HOME. All I'm saying is... unless Smith comes out gun slinging we will probably lose.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:53 AM
I had a look at the numbers of what Mav was talking about.

Out of the 62 TNF games played since 2006, 36 of those have been won by the home team.

Now, that's only about 58%. So, not quite as big a margin as Mav suggested.

However, the last couple season have seen the home teams win a lot more than the away teams. Could just be coincidence. Not going to look into it much further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network_Thursday_Night_Football_results_(2006%E2%80%93present)#2012_season

Sorter
09-16-2013, 02:06 AM
I had a look at the numbers of what Mav was talking about.

Out of the 62 TNF games played since 2006, 36 of those have been won by the home team.

Now, that's only about 58%. So, not quite as big a margin as Mav suggested.

However, the last couple season have seen the home teams win a lot more than the away teams. Could just be coincidence. Not going to look into it much further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network_Thursday_Night_Football_results_(2006%E2%80%93present)#2012_season

Is it just slightly higher or something crazy, like 85%+?

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Is it just slightly higher or something crazy, like 85%+?

Well, in 2012 it was about 8/13 wins for the home teams. 6/8 wins for home teams in both 2011 and 2010 I think.

JCharles1981
09-16-2013, 02:34 AM
he ran early and often and wasn't afraid to jump over guys and take hits. not exactly what he's in the game to do, but any way we get offensive production is good.

great clutch in the red zone like bowe said

Which is something that former QB's like Cassel, Bono, Grbac, and Huard were scared to do out of fear they'd get injured.

DenverChief
09-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Which is something that former QB's like Cassel, Bono, Grbac, and Huard were scared to do out of fear they'd get injured.

Exactly. No guts no glory

Eleazar
09-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Geno fluffers laugh at the Trent Green comparisons, but that article could have been written about Green in most ways.

Alex today is like a 3-4 years younger version of Green, but with a higher ceiling. More natural ability.

The Bad Guy
09-16-2013, 04:44 AM
You have to pass vertically to beat the Eagles?

What?

Eddie Royal scored 3 TDs on WR screens.

I don't know why anyone debates this complete moron. The first football take he has on this board that's accurate will be his first.

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 04:47 AM
You have to pass vertically to beat the Eagles?

What?

Eddie Royal scored 3 TDs on WR screens.

I don't know why anyone debates this complete moron. The first football take he has on this board that's accurate will be his first.I wish I would have known that when Iconic was explaining why we're going to lose.

In that case.
To beat them you have to pass vertically. Something Smith just isn't uncomfortable with.:LOL:

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 05:42 AM

I remember him once jumping INTO the arms of an oncoming pass rusher, no lie.

the Talking Can
09-16-2013, 06:19 AM
he put up almost 300 combined yards and 0 turnovers...he deserves his props

it is amazing how clearly defined a player he is: no turnovers, lots of punts

those are connected, he makes the available plays and takes no risks..easy to see why a coach would love him, and why we have to have a bad-ass defense (which it seems we do, and which is clearly our dominant side)

our offense still feels kind of punchless to me, and terrible on 3rd downs, but Dallas was worse

Bowe is never going to get fed the way Bryant gets fed, even though I think Bowe has a little bit of dominant ability in him that we aren't tapping

and this is a tangent, but our draft class so far hasn't given us much...we could really use a few quality snaps from Davis and Kelce, and more from Fasano

stonedstooge
09-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Game planning to feature your quarterback running the ball, for a quarterback who has never played a complete season due to injuries. What could go wrong?

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 06:24 AM

folks were saying this same shit prior to yesterday's game... oooops. nlm

the Talking Can
09-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Bowe's post game sounded like he was going to start crying he was so happy with the new regime...i bet he shares a cheeseburger in private with Reid, with soft music

opposition
09-16-2013, 06:35 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1193731/alexsmithblood.gif

opposition
09-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Game planning to feature your quarterback running the ball, for a quarterback who has never played a complete season due to injuries. What could go wrong?

First Niner in history to play all 16 games. Fail.

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 06:37 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1193731/alexsmithblood.gif

can these gifs be shrunk down to fit avatar size?

Anyway, something I was thinking of....

The run game was concerning, but I have to wonder if the problems were more a product of poor playcalling. What's with all of the slow developing run calls? They are great when they have time to work (duh), but in this last game, that just wasn't happening. The backfield was getting violated too quickly for those to work... why not some quick-hitters up the A gaps?

I felt as if the pass pro really let me down. I don't know if we just are not getting the hot-routes down yet or what. Seems Alex isn't as frequently finding that hot route, and I have to wonder if receivers are not sure of what they are supposed to do.

Anyway, it's awesome that KC can win games as this offense evolves. I hope each week it can improve and get hot late in the season for a legit playoff shot.

( defense of course is stout, but I expected better from Flowers on the deep verticals... and was surprised that Romo wasn't harassed more by the front 7 )

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Bowe's post game sounded like he was going to start crying he was so happy with the new regime...i bet he shares a cheeseburger in private with Reid, with soft music

This is great to hear, as occasionally, Bowe seems rather... lackadaisical on the field. I hope he is fully plugged in.

Imon Yourside
09-16-2013, 06:40 AM

LMAO That's just Bowe though.

Wallcrawler
09-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Thursday's game will be a good measuring stick to see how far this team has come from last season.

When you look at it, the Chiefs have every reason to go into the tank and drop this one to the Eagles.

The short week leaves very little time to prepare or to rest, and they have to travel to Philadelphia to play the game. They are coming off of a tough win to match their entire win total from last season.

Nobody would be surprised if they weren't able to pull off 3 straight wins with two of those games being on the road. That's a tall order for ANY football team in the NFL, let alone having the third game played on a Thursday by the team that was the worst in the league a year ago.

Andy Reid is going to be a huge factor in this game. For starters, you know the Chiefs want to get this win for him being that this is his former team in his former home stadium.

Next off, Andy knows that team. The offense especially. Im sure he has some juicy details to impart to Bob Sutton to help slow down Vick, Jackson, and McCoy. He knows DeSean Jackson is a hothead, and what presses his buttons.

If the Chiefs can somehow go into Philadelphia and get this win, it really would be huge for them. The leadership of Alex Smith and Andy Reid will really be put to the test with this one.

Lex Luthor
09-16-2013, 06:53 AM
LMAO That's just Bowe though.

Bowe knows football.

the Talking Can
09-16-2013, 06:54 AM
the chiefs have to sustain drives, chew clock, and control field position to beat the eagles...and score 28 pts, probably

opposition
09-16-2013, 06:57 AM

Tried doing that for you but it didn't work as I thought it would. Just shrunk it down to a picture not a gif.:(

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Tried doing that for you but it didn't work as I thought it would. Just shrunk it down to a picture not a gif.:(

Yeah, tried it once with Irfanview, but animated pictures wouldn't shrink down. All's well though... :shrug:

ayleswbj
09-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Smith will never let the Eagles play at that frantic pace, its what he does really well. Long sustained drives. He is to smart to let it happen. Right now the Chiefs O-line is bad, But I think the more they are together their gonna be real good by mid season. I stated on here before what huge Smith fan I am. Watching Sundays game was like a blast from the past. Smith running for his life with a leaky O-line. The thing is, you can see the talent in them. Its just a matter of playing together and getting on the same page without always having to look around an communicate. Same with the line he had in SF. At one point they were real young and leaky, but now just really good. Happy for you Chiefs fan! Smith and Co. will get much much better. He will have those 70% completion days real soon. IF he can be kept upright. Remember he is also in another new Offense, better as each day goes by.

SeeingRed
09-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Smith is a leader who has paid his dues in the NFL and come into his own as one of the better QBs in the league. Ok so maybe he is the 3rd best QB in the AFC West...but maybe he proves to be even better as the season rolls along. He doesnt give the ball away, has a good completion % rate and has the respect of his team. 3 very important factors for success in the NFL. If he can bring us back home from Phili 3-0 will eveeybody jump on board the Smith bandwagon? I hope so. I like this guy...the way he handled that situation in san fran last year showed alot about his character

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 07:35 AM
Alex is STILL not playing quite as well as I know he can... but I try to remember that this offense will take more time to really come together... and though adequate in talent, doesn't exactly have outstanding weapons.

(love Bowe and Charles, but I can easily see a 1st rd wideout as they pick next draft)

This team really needs to work on some I-form power runs when in 3rd and short. Shotgun for this is not the way.

Rukdafaidas
09-16-2013, 07:50 AM
One of these is Alex Smith's career stats. One is matt cassel's. Can you tell the difference?
One of these is Alex Smith's career stats. One is matt cassel's. Can you tell the difference?
2-0
0-2
:)

Chiefshrink
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Alex needs to get real comfortable with the idea of throwing the ball to receivers in tight spaces.

Nah, he needs to get comfortable scrambling for the rest of this season and hitting receivers on the the run because the majority of our O-line is not good pass blocking or run blocking especially when your QB leads the team in rushing for yesterday's game.

But I do feel shades of the "Lenny stare down" from Bowe's comment:thumb:

Dayze
09-16-2013, 07:57 AM
"...I've never had a QB like that before"

LMAO FU Castle

Marcellus
09-16-2013, 08:02 AM
LMAO only CP would have people still attempting, very poorly, to compare Alex Smith and Matt Cassel.

Bunch of ****ing idiots here.

LMAO

Clay has been ducking and dodging like a champ. Cassel had 1 TD, 2 INTs and 243 total yards through the first 2 games in 2010 but yea this is just like that.

LMAO No chance the offense could, gasp, improve from where they are now.

Red Gorilla
09-16-2013, 08:04 AM
It is wonderful to have a real QB who can lead. Leadership is the most important thing for a QB imo. The other guys gotta believe.

buddha
09-16-2013, 08:06 AM
LMAO only CP would have people still attempting, very poorly, to compare Alex Smith and Matt Cassel.

LMAO

Clay has been ducking and dodging like a champ. Cassel had 1 TD, 2 INTs and 243 total yards through the first 2 games in 2010 but yea this is just like that.

Perfectly put. There is no comparison, and if any of you find yourselves rooting against Smith just so you can come back to CP and tell us, "I told you so...", go drive into a lake and end it now.

Pathetic.

Halfcan
09-16-2013, 08:42 AM
All summer you guys have bitched and moaned about Alex-but he has proved you all wrong. Time to Man up and stop being fair weather fans.

Halfcan
09-16-2013, 08:43 AM

LMAO

:thumb:

Halfcan
09-16-2013, 08:44 AM
It is wonderful to have a real QB who can lead. Leadership is the most important thing for a QB imo. The other guys gotta believe.

:thumb: the Offensive line has been terrible- I hope we see some major improvement this week!

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I am watching this 2nd quarter now, and some of these Smith completions are just getting out in time. 4 man rushes, and the OL is getting shoved back quickly... amazing that more passes (or his arm) wasn't hit/knocked down by the DL in this one.

... and what's up with that RB Cyrus Grey or some shit? one-hand dropping that awesome 3rd down pass in quarter 2? MUther****er!

Beef Supreme
09-16-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm glad that we won, and I hope we keep winning, but Alex Smith needs to play better than he has so far.

Halfcan
09-16-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm glad that we won, and I hope we keep winning, but Alex Smith needs to play better than he has so far.

:doh!: You are right, we should have 3 wins right now if it wasn't for Alex and his poor play. lol

The O line was supposed to be a strenght-but so far they have sucked-not to mention failing to pick up the Blitz on 3rd down. We need to make some changes.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Alex Smith absolutely kept us in the game until we could get some other things going.

Alex Smith in the 1st half
Defense getting turnovers in the 2nd half

Mav
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM

Really?

You should check 2011.........:thumb:

Beef Supreme
09-16-2013, 10:40 AM
:doh!: You are right, we should have 3 wins right now if it wasn't for Alex and his poor play. lol

The O line was supposed to be a strenght-but so far they have sucked-not to mention failing to pick up the Blitz on 3rd down. We need to make some changes.

I've never been a fan of the Smith hire, but I have been optimistic about it and I haven't been tearing him down on the boards. I want him to play well, and you are correct, he could use some more help from the offensive line.

But don't be a dumbass. Smith needs to play better, and so does the rest of the offense, if we want to win consistently.

Mav
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Anyway, something I was thinking of....

The run game was concerning, but I have to wonder if the problems were more a product of poor playcalling. What's with all of the slow developing run calls? They are great when they have time to work (duh), but in this last game, that just wasn't happening. The backfield was getting violated too quickly for those to work... why not some quick-hitters up the A gaps?

I felt as if the pass pro really let me down. I don't know if we just are not getting the hot-routes down yet or what. Seems Alex isn't as frequently finding that hot route, and I have to wonder if receivers are not sure of what they are supposed to do.

Anyway, it's awesome that KC can win games as this offense evolves. I hope each week it can improve and get hot late in the season for a legit playoff shot.

( defense of course is stout, but I expected better from Flowers on the deep verticals... and was surprised that Romo wasn't harassed more by the front 7 )
Do you remember the start of the 2011 season?

The offense was quite lethargic to start the season. Really lethargic against the seahawks week one. Ted Ginn pretty much rescued us in that game with his kick and punt return in the second half, and in week two against the Cowboys minus Crabtree who didn't play, and Braylon who got hurt on his one catch, the offense did just enough to keep the team in the game and get it to over time?

The offense of course will get better. Its brand new for all involved. im not worried. Even if they lose on Thursday. At least then they will have 10 days to put the pieces back together and work on building things.

Of course he does. Everyone needs to play better. Brandon Flowers got absolutely TORCHED yesterday, I don't see anyone panicking though.

Mosbonian
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
I heard someone on one of the call-in sports shows make the comment yesterday that if KC could steal one from Philly this week, they stand to have a chance to be 7-1 or 6-2 going into Week 9 at Buffalo. ( I am guessing they believe we lose to Tenn and/or Houston possibly)

I'd like to dream that could be true, but I am worried that one of these home games we play over the next few weeks will come back to bite us.

Mr. Laz
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
I heard someone on one of the call-in sports shows make the comment yesterday that if KC could steal one from Philly this week, they stand to have a chance to be 7-1 or 6-2going into Week 9 at Buffalo. ( I am guessing they believe we lose to Tenn and/or Houston possibly)

I'd like to dream that could be true, but I am worried that one of these home games we play over the next few weeks will come back to bite us.

tennessee and buffalo are both better than most people think

we have to keep improving or we will eventually struggle

our offensive line is poor right now

Mosbonian
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
tennessee and buffalo are both better than most people think

we have to keep improving or we will eventually struggle

our offensive line is poor right now

I see us losing in Tennessee and I am nervous about how a decent QB like Schaub at Houston could pick us apart. But Schaub has also been known to fold when rushed so if we get after him like we did Romo we might be able to take him off his game. But we also have to stop their run game.

We need to take full advantage of having the heavy home schedule the first nine weeks and defend home turf. If we do that then we give ourselves a chance.

O.city
09-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Schaub and the texans aren't as scary as they were last year, they should realistically be 0-2 right now. The titans look to me a lot like the 2010 chiefs.

Say what you want about him, but romo might be the 2 or 3 best pocket passing qb we face this year ad we were fantastic disrupting the guy.

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Do you remember the start of the 2011 season?

The offense was quite lethargic to start the season. Really lethargic against the seahawks week one. Ted Ginn pretty much rescued us in that game with his kick and punt return in the second half

Very small point of contention: we were actually winning that game already, so I for one don't like to read comments like this.

Mav
09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Very small point of contention: we were actually winning that game already, so I for one don't like to read comments like this.

we were up 19-17, when Ginn returned that kick off, our offense had done nothing in the second half, and the seahawks had all of the momentum.

It completely broke their spirits, and then he followed it up with a punt return a minute later.

I have no problems myself giving credit where it is due.

Sandy Vagina
09-16-2013, 11:28 AM
we were up 19-17, when Ginn returned that kick off, our offense had done nothing in the second half, and the seahawks had all of the momentum.

It completely broke their spirits, and then he followed it up with a punt return a minute later.

I have no problems myself giving credit where it is due.

credit is one thing... stating that Ginn rescued us? yeah dude... that's something else. ;)

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2013, 11:29 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kuQfVzVDmdo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mav
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
credit is one thing... stating that Ginn rescued us? yeah dude... that's something else. ;)

I felt rescued lol.

I felt like it was the Rams game from 2010 all over again. My optimism was dying inside lol.