PDA

View Full Version : Football Who will be the first NFL coach fired this season?

Al Bundy
09-15-2013, 10:47 PM
My best bet is it will be Schiano down in Tampa. They are heading for a 3-13 type of season. Who else you got?

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Rivera

The Franchise
09-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Jason Garrett

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Rivera
Garrett
Schiano
Rex
Frazier
Whoever Tennessee's coach is

Probably won't be fired but should if his team underperforms again: Kubiak

Dante84
09-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Rex for sure.

TimBone
09-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Gotta think Rivera or Schiano at this point.

Psyko Tek
09-15-2013, 10:54 PM
depends on next week but garrett
coughlin

RealSNR
09-15-2013, 10:56 PM
coughlin

Coughlin? No chance.

kysirsoze
09-15-2013, 10:56 PM
coughlin

Coughlin? What?

kysirsoze
09-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Gotta think Rivera or Schiano at this point.

Yep. Could go either way, but I'm leaning towards Schiano.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Rivera:thumb:

Mike Shula should never be allowed to coach in the NFL, again.

Psyko Tek
09-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Coughlin? What?

giants lost 2 looked like shit in both

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Rivera
Garrett
Schiano
Rex
Frazier
Whoever Tennessee's coach is

Probably won't be fired but should if his team underperforms again: Kubiak

Tennessee? Really? That team has been a big surprise. Clubbed the Steelers last week and hung in really tight against a good Texans team.

Coach
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
What about Shanahan for Washington? They have been terrible so far.

kysirsoze
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM

http://www.proflagsandbanners.com/images_products/new_york_super_bowl_champions_banner_67138sma.jpg

http://www.nflgolfshop.com/images/NYG%20Super%20Bowl/champ_sign.gif

kysirsoze
09-15-2013, 11:08 PM

He might be in trouble, but not mid season. Not even Dan Snyder is that much of a fuck up.

GordonGekko
09-15-2013, 11:09 PM

It would never happen, but Coughlin could probably absorb an 0-16 type season.

The NYG defense is horrendous though, no excuses.

GordonGekko
09-15-2013, 11:11 PM

This is actually one I was thinking about, but seriously doubt Snyder would cut his coach.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM

He's safe. His QB is coming off of an ACL. He didn't play a snap until last Monday night.

He's got plenty of slack, IMO.

Coach
09-15-2013, 11:29 PM
He's safe. His QB is coming off of an ACL. He didn't play a snap until last Monday night.

He's got plenty of slack, IMO.

That's what I keep thinking, but if Washington keeps losing... anything is possible in my opinion.

GoChargers
09-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Hopefully it's Rivera - we need him back in San Diego in his old defensive coordinator job.

chefs fan in omaha
09-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Mack Brown. Texas has the ego of an NFL team

KevB
09-16-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't think he'll get canned during the season, but I think Jim Schwartz is on the hot seat if Detroit doesn't go to the playoffs. Losing games like today is a move in that direction.

Mav
09-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Fuck the coach. Can we just implode the entire BROWNS ORGANIZATION?

And Al Bundy. No, its not going to be Schiano. They are going to trade or bench freeman, and go with Glennon, that will get Schiano at least through the end of the season.

AlexSmithDynasty
09-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Ron Rivera

DTLB58
09-16-2013, 04:24 AM
That's what I keep thinking, but if Washington keeps losing... anything is possible in my opinion.

Like benching RG3 and starting Kirk Couisons so they have a chance to win?

It's obvious Robert isn't healthy yet, Shanahans ego might get in the way though. But getting their arse kicked 50-7 in the first half combined in the first two games isn't gonna cut it.

Eleazar
09-16-2013, 04:39 AM
should be Schiano.

I don't think Rex is going to get canned in-season

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 05:03 AM
I don't think Rex is going to get canned in-season

Dude's been coaching his brains out - his defense is back, and he's 1-1 with a rookie starting...

I wouldn't worry about sexy Rexy.

Rivera, on the other hand...they flashed a graphic yesterday during the Carolina game, stating that Carolina has blown SEVEN 4th qtr leads since Rivera has been HC. That's a stunning indictment of how terribly coached that team is.

ChiliConCarnage
09-16-2013, 05:28 AM
My best bet is it will be Schiano down in Tampa. They are heading for a 3-13 type of season. Who else you got?

The Bucs gave up 16 in a loss to the Saints. I think they're headed to a new QB but everything else on that team seems to be working.

I think it's Rivera. Cam's contract is up next season (I think). They need to get that figured out. It clearly isn't going in the right direction now.

Bob Dole
09-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Mack Brown. Texas has the ego of an NFL team

And the salary.

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 05:37 AM
I think it's Rivera. Cam's contract is up next season (I think). They need to get that figured out. It clearly isn't going in the right direction now.

SEVEN blown 4th qtr leads since Rivera took over.

Chief Roundup
09-16-2013, 05:57 AM
It would never happen, but Coughlin could probably absorb an 0-16 type season.

The NYG defense is horrendous though, no excuses.

Someone must not watch much TV or have a very good memory. Coughlins job has been in question every couple of years. He might not survive this time.

Chief Roundup
09-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Norv Turner has a pretty good shot at it as well.

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 06:12 AM
Norv Turner has a pretty good shot at it as well.

Huh??

You DO know that Mike McCoy is the HC in San Diego now, yes??

Chest Rockwell
09-16-2013, 06:18 AM

The losing isn't the problem, the way they're losing is. Rat Sr. might be safe, but I can totally see Snyder trying to get him to take Kyle up to the altar on Mount Moriah unless the offense gets a pulse.

Everyone is in full-on meltdown mode out here and I'm LMAO.

Worst sports fanbase in the country. There are some die hard skins fans, but due to the transient nature of the area it's a huge frontrunning town. DC Untied actually probably has the best fanbase in the area because nobody goes to soccer matches except for people who actually like soccer. Since I've been here I've seen this "Everyone on the wagon!!!...Wait, FUCK these guys!" thing with the Caps, the Nats, and in about a week or two I'm guessing it'll happen with the skins if something doesn't drastically change.

I love the tears of unfathomable sadness. Sooooo delicious.

MotherfuckerJones
09-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Ill go with schiano with the Buccanneers.

the Talking Can
09-16-2013, 06:51 AM
cheeonyou's tough guy schtick is a joke...he thinks he's The Chin

i bet the locker room - to a man - hates him..

Wallcrawler
09-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Rivera is on a scary ass trend of losing games that they should have in the bag, which is more infuriating than losses that your team never led in at all.

With EJ Manuel's comeback, that was the ninth game under Rivera that the Panthers have dropped when leading the game in the fourth quarter.

You don't keep your job if you cant close out games and put teams away.

whoman69
09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
As soon as I saw the topic I thought Schiano.

KC_Lee
09-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Munch is safe in TN. Bud Adams is too cheap and crazy to pay the rest of Munch's contract if he gets fired.

Schiano in TB gets my vote.

09-16-2013, 07:33 AM

They started out that way in 2007 and won the Super Bowl.

09-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Rex Ryan will be fired

Chiefshrink
09-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Rivera

This !

Chiefshrink
09-16-2013, 07:43 AM
They started out that way in 2007 and won the Super Bowl.

And since won another and why he won't be fired. Been there done that we'll get our manure together and be fine:thumb:

BlackHelicopters
09-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Rivera

9er guy
09-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Mack Brown....wait. What was the question?

Red Gorilla
09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Shiano - he is Haley part two. He talks discipline and smart football and the team does the opposite. They have lost all respect for that guy. Speaking of Haley, I don't think he makes it through the season either. He could get fired tomorrow.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Munch is safe in TN. Bud Adams is too cheap and crazy to pay the rest of Munch's contract if he gets fired.

Schiano in TB gets my vote.

I'm confused about why Tennessee is even inthe conversation. Munchak hasnt been bad. Tennessee has a solid defense, are grooming Jake locker to be a qbotf, and have played solid football this season. They're 1-1 and honestly should have beaten Houston but let the fame slip away.

rabblerouser
09-16-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm confused about why Tennessee is even inthe conversation. Munchak hasnt been bad. Tennessee has a solid defense, are grooming Jake locker to be a qbotf, and have played solid football this season. They're 1-1 and honestly should have beaten Houston but let the fame slip away.

yeah, Tennessee is for real - they won last week and hung tough this week against a team that some people are saying could rep the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Schiano is still cleaning up the Raheem Morris mess, plus has no QB, so he gets a pass.

Rex Ryan is coaching is face off, and is 1-1 w/a rookie QB.

Ron Rivera...is not a head coach. and will be fired before week 12.

bank on it.

KC_Lee
09-16-2013, 09:14 AM

Think of it like this; The Titans are in the Gunther Cunningham following Marty portion of the franchise’s history. Longtime coach (Fisher) is replaced by a assistant coach already on the coaching staff. TN has not extended Munch's contract either. Another 6 - 10 / 5 - 11 season and he's gonzo.

As for Locker, I see his ceiling being Alex Smith on his best day. Unless TN is running the ball effectively Locker cannot put the team on his back and win a game.

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Think of it like this; The Titans are in the Gunther Cunningham following Marty portion of the franchise’s history. Longtime coach (Fisher) is replaced by a assistant coach already on the coaching staff. TN has not extended Munch's contract either. Another 6 - 10 / 5 - 11 season and he's gonzo.

As for Locker, I see his ceiling being Alex Smith on his best day. Unless TN is running the ball effectively Locker cannot put the team on his back and win a game.

I think that's fair, but for being the third year taking over a really struggling team, he's actuallydone pretty good. I wouldnt be a fan of him being my coach or locker being my QB, but if the team keeps playing as they have he's earned his job.

wazu
09-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Shiano - he is Haley part two. He talks discipline and smart football and the team does the opposite. They have lost all respect for that guy. Speaking of Haley, I don't think he makes it through the season either. He could get fired tomorrow.

Hearing him talk the other day he sounded like Pioli. Talking about achieving excellence in everything the organization does, even outside of football.

It's a flawed message. If you tell everybody to focus on everything, they end up focusing on nothing.

mcaj22
09-17-2013, 05:40 AM
yeah, Tennessee is for real - they won last week and hung tough this week against a team that some people are saying could rep the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Schiano is still cleaning up the Raheem Morris mess, plus has no QB, so he gets a pass.

Rex Ryan is coaching is face off, and is 1-1 w/a rookie QB.

Ron Rivera...is not a head coach. and will be fired before week 12.

bank on it.

Raheem Morris never had guys like Revis, Gholdson, Grubbs, Jackson, etc

all the guys paid huge contracts and brought in for Schiano and he cant produce, with a stud first round pick RB. Raheem had Lagarette fucking Blount for crying out loud. They have all the high priced guys. Raheem Morris never had that.

Schiano will be fired, all the talent they brought in and that guy's ego is like Piolis, his way and hes never wrong

Cheater5
09-17-2013, 05:56 AM
:thumb::thumb:Hearing him talk the other day he sounded like Pioli. Talking about achieving excellence in everything the organization does, even outside of football.

It's a flawed message. If you tell everybody to focus on everything, they end up focusing on nothing.

MTFing werd.

ChiefsFanatic
09-17-2013, 06:54 AM
This is actually one I was thinking about, but seriously doubt Snyder would cut his coach.

He did fire a proven winner after an 8-8 record his first year, just because some veteran players whined about having to practice. Then he replaced the proven winner of NFL games with Steve Spurrier. So, Snyder is dumb enough to do anything.

jerryforeverrice80
09-17-2013, 07:07 AM
I'm thinking tampa bay coach.

BigMeatballDave
09-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Speaking of Haley, I don't think he makes it through the season either. He could get fired tomorrow.Will Karen Kornacky show up at the press conference and ask them if they thought about his family before terminating him?

Mr. Laz
09-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Todd Haley

Mav
09-17-2013, 11:30 AM
At this point, its got to be Schiano. After two games, Josh Freeman is asking for a trade, and Darrelle Revis is publicly unhappy with him.
hes a dead man walking.

TEX
09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Todd Haley

This.
The Steelers offense looks like the Chiefs used to when Haley was calling the plays. Dude got lucky having Warner, Bolden, & Fitz on the same team. Since then, he hasn't done squat.

As far as HC's go, it's gotta be Schiano in Tampa.

salame
09-17-2013, 11:47 AM
If haley makes it through week 6 it's a crime

salame
09-17-2013, 11:47 AM
of passion

tman
09-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Ron Rivera
Mike Munchak
Greg Schiano
Jason Garrett