PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Albert shoulder sprain, Fasano Ankle sprain, Flowers knee inflammation

Mr. Laz
09-17-2013, 12:00 PM
RED ZONE
Chiefs’ Branden Albert has shoulder sprain and is expected to play Thursday
September 16
BY RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said offensive left tackle Branden Albert has an AC sprain in his shoulder but should be available to play on Thursday night at Philadelphia.

“He’s a little sore today,” Reid said of Albert, “but I think he’ll be OK.”

Reid also said tight end Anthony Fasano had an ankle sprain and cornerback Brandon Flowers has some inflammation on a knee but was hopeful they’d be ready to play.

Albert left Sunday’s win over Dallas early in the second quarter but returned after missing just four snaps. Second-year man Donald Stephenson replaced Albert for those plays.

Fasano also left the game but returned. The Chiefs are carrying three tight ends on the active roster, but rookie tight end Travis Kelce has yet to appear on an offensive play this season because of a knee bruise.

To reach Randy Covitz, s
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/16/4485439/chiefs-branden-albert-has-shoulder.html

gblowfish
09-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Fasano was gimping around quite a bit on Sunday. He didn't look good at all. Wonder if Flowers knee had anything to do with his poor coverage on Bryant?

cosmo20002
09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RED ZONE
Chiefs’ Branden Albert has shoulder sprain and is expected to play Thursday
September 16
BY RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said offensive left tackle Branden Albert has an AC sprain in his shoulder but should be available to play on Thursday night at Philadelphia.

“He’s a little sore today,” Reid said of Albert, “but I think he’ll be OK.”

Reid also said tight end Anthony Fasano had an ankle sprain and cornerback Brandon Flowers has some inflammation on a knee but was hopeful they’d be ready to play.

What about the 3rd-degree burns he suffered all day?

Discuss Thrower
09-17-2013, 12:16 PM

Fuck you for beating me to that.

BigBeauford
09-17-2013, 12:26 PM
*Huff puff* BECAUSE HE GOT BURNT BY DEZ BR.....fuck!

Chiefspants
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM
LOL, DID FLOWERS EVER GET ICE FOR THOSE BURNZ HE HAD ON SUNDAY.

P.S. Dez is Albert Einstein.

Direckshun
09-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Fasano was gimping around quite a bit on Sunday. He didn't look good at all. Wonder if Flowers knee had anything to do with his poor coverage on Bryant?

Flowers wasn't covering Bryant poorly, so much as it was a terrible matchup for him.

Flowers play is physical and to play as uncomfortable deep into the receiver's bubble at all times as possible.

Dez is making his career being amazing at those things, and oh yeah, is a physical Adonis on top of that.

RealSNR
09-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Half of those "burns" on Flowers were when he had perfect coverage on Bryant.

Not sure WTF a corner with his physical stature is supposed to fucking do.

Dayze
09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
we should've drafted Dez. Thanks Carl

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
I hope one of those g'damn TEs can step up and play worth a shit. Back in August, we were pumped for having 3 very solid TEs in the stable... now? not much o nuthin'...

Dayze
09-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Fear The Beard

HonestChieffan
09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Figured Flowers to be in the burn ward after his flameouts in first half

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 01:39 PM
I hope one of those g'damn TEs can step up and play worth a shit. Back in August, we were pumped for having 3 very solid TEs in the stable... now? not much o nuthin'...

yep Falsesano has been terrible

mcaj22
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
who else was going to cover Dez on this team

its our best CB vs their best WR. We have no other #1 CB. That's what we get for drafting a RT at 1.1 and not the best available secondary help

Pasta Little Brioni
09-17-2013, 03:17 PM
The secondary has been fine

Ace Gunner
09-17-2013, 03:20 PM
The secondary has been fine

but but but they gave up a single TD in the last two games :D

Pasta Little Brioni
09-17-2013, 03:22 PM
That dude bitches about everything

Titty Meat
09-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Flowers wasn't covering Bryant poorly, so much as it was a terrible matchup for him.

Flowers play is physical and to play as uncomfortable deep into the receiver's bubble at all times as possible.

Dez is making his career being amazing at those things, and oh yeah, is a physical Adonis on top of that.

Bullshit post.

Titty Meat
09-17-2013, 03:31 PM

its our best CB vs their best WR. We have no other #1 CB. That's what we get for drafting a RT at 1.1 and not the best available secondary help

Yeah we really needed a 3rd CB #1 overall

mcaj22
09-17-2013, 03:32 PM

i was defending Flowers

Ace Gunner
09-17-2013, 03:34 PM

man it is hard being number 2 :D

Easy 6
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
What in the hell happened to our "damn good looking" group of tight ends?

It went from a supposed strength to weakness in the blink of an eye, I was really counting on those three to help make up for our shallow WR group.

DJ's left nut
09-17-2013, 03:46 PM

Not sure WTF a corner with his physical stature is supposed to fucking do.

One of them was.

The other ones were just Bryant getting a step on him. Moreover, he was absolutely abused on the play that Bryant dropped.

Flowers is a damn good CB but he was just a step behind Bryant all day Sunday. He had one play where Bryant simply beat him despite good coverage, but that was the exception rather than the norm.

mikey23545
09-17-2013, 03:59 PM
According to Blob Gretz, it looks very unlikely that Fasano will play at all, and Kelce is still limited in practice...

DonInDenver
09-17-2013, 03:59 PM

Nobody, but double coverage might have helped.

Easy 6
09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
According to Blob Gretz, it looks very unlikely that Fasano will play at all, and Kelce is still limited in practice...

Damn, that hurts... someone better have the trainer give them a "special shot" and gut it out.

RealSNR
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM

It went from a supposed strength to weakness in the blink of an eye, I was really counting on those three to help make up for our shallow WR group.

I don't know many people who thought this was a damn good group of TEs except for Mitch Holthus and Kendall Gammon.

A rookie, a gimp, and an average middle-of the-road free agent. That's what we had in training camp. Then ditched the gimp for some perhaps slightly promising but mostly meh training camp cuts.

Not much has changed.

Easy 6
09-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I don't know many people who thought this was a damn good group of TEs except for Mitch Holthus and Kendall Gammon.

A rookie, a gimp, and an average middle-of the-road free agent. That's what we had in training camp. Then ditched the gimp for some perhaps slightly promising but mostly meh training camp cuts.

Not much has changed.

Eh, before Moeaki broke one too many times I thought it was solid at the least, and plenty of folks here were pretty excited about that group, don't recall anyone saying "elite group" so I summed it up as "damn good looking" for the post.

If that phrasing was a stretch, then i'm sure most expected a damn bit better than what we've gotten thus far.

RealSNR
09-17-2013, 04:16 PM
One of them was.

The other ones were just Bryant getting a step on him. Moreover, he was absolutely abused on the play that Bryant dropped.

Flowers is a damn good CB but he was just a step behind Bryant all day Sunday. He had one play where Bryant simply beat him despite good coverage, but that was the exception rather than the norm.
I counted 2 or 3 where he overran his coverage by a step or two, then in coming back to the ball just couldn't get any position whatsoever in fighting for the ball. Dez jumped over him like he wasn't even there. That's not terrible, and against mortal WRs, most QBs wouldn't throw those passes.

DJ's left nut
09-17-2013, 04:23 PM
No question - Dez is a tough matchup for Flowers.

But some of these weren't exactly like when he got beat by Andre Johnson a year or two back - he was right there and AJ just took it away.

This was him being simply outperformed physically. Once it was Dez's leaping ability and sheer height. A couple other times it was Dez just being quicker/more agile.

It gets to a point I made several years ago w/r/t Carr when so many people were bagging on him (before the rest of the board caught up) - Carr has never been an appreciably worse cover corner than Flowers, it was just that when Carr got beat in coverage it was mental so it had a tendency to look awful. When Flowers gets beat in coverage, it's because he's simply not that fast, not that strong and not that quick. He's whip smart and hard-nosed, but the dude's physically limited out there. He appears to have done everything right so we excuse him failing to get the job done because a better physical specimen simply outperformed him.

In the end, beat is beat. Dale Carter suffered from the same perception - he made plays Hasty couldn't make on his best days...then he'd turn around and make a mistake that Hasty wouldn't make. Meanwhile Hasty would get beat by guys simply being better athletes than him. Fans wouldn't hold Hasty's failures as heavily against him as they would Carter's because they looked far less stupid. Fans don't sally stupid.

But beat is beat and Flowers got beat like a drum by Dez Bryant. And while Jackson isn't nearly as strong as Dez, if Flowers doesn't do a lot better job getting his hands on him, Jackson will blow right the hell past Brandon this week.

Ace Gunner
09-17-2013, 04:26 PM

the starter is contributing nicely, the back up got cut and the rook is struggling & dinged up. I bet they bump Harris up before this season ends.

Easy 6
09-17-2013, 04:43 PM
the starter is contributing nicely, the back up got cut and the rook is struggling & dinged up. I bet they bump Harris up before this season ends.

I wouldn't call 4 catches in 2 games all that nice, i'm sure its part of the reason Alex has targeted 9 and 7 different receivers, respectively.

He wasn't some world beater in miami, but I definitely expected moar.

mcaj22
09-17-2013, 04:49 PM

But some of these weren't exactly like when he got beat by Andre Johnson a year or two back - he was right there and AJ just took it away.

This was him being simply outperformed physically. Once it was Dez's leaping ability and sheer height. A couple other times it was Dez just being quicker/more agile.

It gets to a point I made several years ago w/r/t Carr when so many people were bagging on him (before the rest of the board caught up) - Carr has never been an appreciably worse cover corner than Flowers, it was just that when Carr got beat in coverage it was mental so it had a tendency to look awful. When Flowers gets beat in coverage, it's because he's simply not that fast, not that strong and not that quick. He's whip smart and hard-nosed, but the dude's physically limited out there. He appears to have done everything right so we excuse him failing to get the job done because a better physical specimen simply outperformed him.

In the end, beat is beat. Dale Carter suffered from the same perception - he made plays Hasty couldn't make on his best days...then he'd turn around and make a mistake that Hasty wouldn't make. Meanwhile Hasty would get beat by guys simply being better athletes than him. Fans wouldn't hold Hasty's failures as heavily against him as they would Carter's because they looked far less stupid. Fans don't sally stupid.

But beat is beat and Flowers got beat like a drum by Dez Bryant. And while Jackson isn't nearly as strong as Dez, if Flowers doesn't do a lot better job getting his hands on him, Jackson will blow right the hell past Brandon this week.

that AJ push off was some bullshit years back

eDave
09-17-2013, 04:51 PM
So in the end, what are we going to do?

Throw deep more?
Run more?
Will our QB be the leading rusher?

RealSNR
09-17-2013, 07:03 PM

I'm not worried about DeSean. Flowers would get schooled by Jacoby Ford years ago, but I think this shit is different now. He's in a better system and is looked to attack at the line of scrimmage on every down.

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 07:10 PM
yep Falsesano has been terrible

Oh, I wouldn't say terrible... but definitely underwhelming. Scary to think KC might be fielding two scrub TEs this Thursday. :doh!:

The Bad Guy
09-17-2013, 07:10 PM

You wanted to take Dee Milner at 1 or DJ Hayden?

Wow.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Dez Bryant is one of the 3 best receivers in this league.

He's beaten a lot of corners.

I'm not going to have a heart attack about Flowers being one of them.

notorious
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Albert left Sunday’s win over Dallas early in the second quarter but returned after missing just four snaps. Second-year man Donald Stephenson replaced Albert for those plays.

Worst 4 snaps ever.

mcaj22
09-17-2013, 07:17 PM
You wanted to take Dee Milner at 1 or DJ Hayden?

Wow.

I would have taken anyone over Fisher to be honest

Sandy Vagina
09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/17/4742420/chiefs-eagles-injury-report-anthony-fasano-kansas-city-

Did not practice: TE Anthony Fasano (ankle)

This remains the KC Chiefs No. 1 injury concern heading into the Philadelphia Eagles game on Thursday. Here's the situation at tight end:

No. 1 tight end Anthony Fasano has an ankle sprain and we have no idea if he will be able to play or not. He hasn't practiced in either of this week's practices. There has been no indication from Reid what will happen here.

No. 2 tight end Travis Kelce has hardly played this season because of a knee injury. He has been active but he hasn't been playing. He's an unknown.

Titty Meat
09-17-2013, 07:44 PM

Flowers is a 4.5-4.6 guy that's why he fell to round 2. Still a very good CB.

RealSNR
09-17-2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/17/4742420/chiefs-eagles-injury-report-anthony-fasano-kansas-city-

Kelce is probably our best blocking TE, as sad as that is. I think his injury hurts us worse than Fasano's.

Direckshun
09-17-2013, 07:56 PM
I would have taken anyone over Fisher to be honest

mjac wanted Joeckel!

Direckshun
09-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Flowers should reel Jackson in, by the way. DeSean Jackson doesn't play Flowers' physical game (that Dez Bryant absolutely thrives in).

I expect something like 4 catches for 35 yards from Jackson.

trndobrd
09-17-2013, 09:40 PM

I'm actually impressed that Flowers held Dez Bryant to only 4 catches for 41 yards after the 1st quarter. Nice to see that Bob Sutton can make adjustments (haven't seen that happen on the Chiefs sideline in a while) and we have a #1 CB who doesn't lose his cool.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2013, 10:00 PM

NO HEZ SUDDENLY TURRIBLE/Herp-derp crowd.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2013, 10:01 PM

This. Some of the responses to Flowers performance are just fucking ludicrous. If you can't look at the body of work, then maybe you don't NEED to have a take regarding B-Flo.

Titty Meat
09-18-2013, 12:02 AM
NO HEZ SUDDENLY TURRIBLE/Herp-derp crowd.

Flowers coverage on Bryant was terrible and George wasn't calling Flowers a terrible player you fucking moron.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:05 AM
mjac wanted Joeckel!

We plan to burn him at the stake after the Raider game...

09-18-2013, 12:35 AM

Not sure WTF a corner with his physical stature is supposed to ****ing do.

Well obviously commit a penalty. Duh. :D

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Well obviously commit a penalty. Duh. :D

Another unmentioned point: he doesn't do that very often.

09-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Another unmentioned point: he doesn't do that very often.

Something else that makes him a great corner.

xztop123
09-18-2013, 12:46 AM
I dont know if Flowers is going to thrive in the man press 0 blitz system

it will be worth watching, but i said earlier this year that while Flowers is the better CB, Sean Smith might actually be the best performing one in THIS system

Revis has similar build as Flowers(albeit faster) and did it well, so it's worth watching

KCrockaholic
09-18-2013, 12:49 AM
McGrath better be ready...

Make Dorsey look like a genius for bringing him on board at last second like he did with Ron Parker so far. Jalil Brown would've never made a play like that in the Dallas game.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:49 AM

it will be worth watching, but i said earlier this year that while Flowers is the better CB, Sean Smith might actually be the best performing one in THIS system

Sean Smith looked very Bartee this last game.

In position to make a play but no ability to read the WR to know when the ball is coming or prevent the catch.

Smith has the ability to stick like glue to almost any WR out there but as soon as QB's learn he has 0 awareness they'll pick on him like Routt...

KCrockaholic
09-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Sean Smith looked very Bartee this last game.

In position to make a play but no ability to read the WR to know when the ball is coming or prevent the catch.

Smith has the ability to stick like glue to almost any WR out there but as soon as QB's learn he has 0 awareness they'll pick on him like Routt...

No one gets picked on like Routt. Routt is his own class of bad. Sean Smith isn't nearly as bad as that.

keg in kc
09-18-2013, 12:52 AM
The concern with Flowers in man is a valid one. We'll see how it plays out.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:54 AM
No one gets picked on like Routt. Routt is his own class of bad. Sean Smith isn't nearly as bad as that.

They both have the same (huge) weakness...

Rausch
09-18-2013, 12:55 AM

He'll be fine.

KCrockaholic
09-18-2013, 01:19 AM
They both have the same (huge) weakness...

He did a good job in the 49ers pre season game reading the WR to make a play then. Getting his head turned around and making the play. He's not a bad CB, but he won't get picked on until the Giants game. Actually... Dunta Robinson will be the one getting picked on in that game.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 01:21 AM
Actually... Dunta Robinson will be the one getting picked on in that game.

If healthy, and Robinson won't be the no 2...

Sorter
09-18-2013, 02:20 AM

Revis has similar build as Flowers(albeit faster) and did it well, so it's worth watching

Holy fucking shit, Batman.

wat dah fuck iz a man press 0 blitz system? Is that like, cover 1 or cover 5?

Are you anticipating no more than 4 rushers when this team plays press man?

Also, if you could educate us all on this system your think is the downfall of Flowers' career, I'd love to read it. Learning is a wonderful thing.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Holy ****ing shit, Batman.

wat dah **** iz a man press 0 blitz system? Is that like, cover 1 or cover 5?

Are you anticipating no more than 4 rushers when this team plays press man?

Also, if you could educate us all on this system your think is the downfall of Flowers' career, I'd love to read it. Learning is a wonderful thing.

Sir, holster that smite...

Sorter
09-18-2013, 02:23 AM

Totally. It isn't like Flowers has been playing press man almost exclusively on 3rd down for the majority of his career.

I mean, it definitely isn't a staple of Romeo, Belichick and Saban's defenses to play press man on 3rd down and/or against passing personnel in fairly obvious situations.

Rausch
09-18-2013, 02:29 AM
Totally. It isn't like Flowers has been playing press man almost exclusively on 3rd down for the majority of his career.

I mean, it definitely isn't a staple of Romeo, Belichick and Saban's defenses to play press man on 3rd down and/or against passing personnel in fairly obvious situations.

You know, I prefer this whole air of superiority thing over pics of some teen with too much mascara.

Dude, slow play. Slooooooooooooooow play this...

milkman
09-18-2013, 07:45 AM

This might force the Chiefs to use more WRs, which means we'd seev more Junior Hemingway.

Might work out for the best.

BlackHelicopters
09-18-2013, 07:47 AM

He put some neosporin on it. He will be fine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Flowers coverage on Bryant was terrible and George wasn't calling Flowers a terrible player you fucking moron.

I didn't say shit about George, you Nebraska-lovin' fuckstain.

CupidStunt
09-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Flowers is questionable. Whether he can handle DJax 1-on-1 or not, it'll be a real struggle to win without him.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Who starts if Flowers can't go?

RealSNR
09-18-2013, 10:12 AM

Ron fucking Parker! :rockon:

Chiefs=Champions
09-18-2013, 10:33 AM
This might force the Chiefs to use more WRs, which means we'd seev more Junior Hemingway.

Might work out for the best.

According to Arrowhead Pride, Hemingway had a total of 4 offensive snaps. That's far too low imo..

Also Catapano had 0 defensive snaps. I thought he looked good against the jags, id like to see him get more snaps on 3rd downs and passing situations.

Chiefs=Champions
09-18-2013, 10:34 AM

LMAO

mdchiefsfan
09-18-2013, 10:39 AM
McGrath better be ready...

Make Dorsey look like a genius for bringing him on board at last second like he did with Ron Parker so far. Jalil Brown would've never made a play like that in the Dallas game.

http://media.kcchiefs.com/media/155917/mcgrath_sean.jpg

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 10:44 AM

I wonder if his feelings are hurt and he's pussing out about Jackson. Desean torched him last time and he's exactly the kind of WR he struggles against. Probably not but, it makes me wonder.

Robinson and he has done well against Jackson in past three years.

RealSNR
09-18-2013, 10:58 AM
According to Arrowhead Pride, Hemingway had a total of 4 offensive snaps. That's far too low imo..

Also Catapano had 0 defensive snaps. I thought he looked good against the jags, id like to see him get more snaps on 3rd downs and passing situations.
Catapano was in the Jacksonville game because Bailey was injured.

Chiefs=Champions
09-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Catapano was in the Jacksonville game because Bailey was injured.

Yep. Still impressed me though.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Yep. Still impressed me though.
why?

people were talking Catapano up after the Jags game too.

i'm not a huge state guy, but as far as i can tell Catapano has tallied no recordable stats in the 2 games of this season. No tackles, no assists, no pressures ..... no nothing.

How impressive can he be?

seems like fan driven rumor/hope more than anything of substance

Red Gorilla
09-18-2013, 11:33 AM
why?

i'm not a huge state guy, but as far as i can tell Catapano has tallied no recordable stats in the 2 games of this season. No tackles, no assists, no pressures ..... no nothing.

He was the 4th down red zone hero at the end of the Jags game. That's where the hype comes from.

milkman
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
why?

So, Rhode Island?

Chiefs=Champions
09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
why?

He did a pretty good job at applying pressure. He's a rookie with tremendous upside. Id like him to get more snaps. improving on his zero snaps shouldn't be hard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I wonder if his feelings are hurt and he's pussing out about Jackson. Desean torched him last time and he's exactly the kind of WR he struggles against. Probably not but, it makes me wonder.

Robinson and he has done well against Jackson in past three years.

I wonder if the paint chips from grade school you ate are finally kicking in?

Nightfyre
09-18-2013, 08:29 PM
why?

Maybe you should watch a game every once in a while, rather than just looking at the recorded stats.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Maybe you should watch a game every once in a while, rather than just looking at the recorded stats.
oh GFY

I've watched every snap of every game, all year ... including preseason.

Instead of just answering the question of why? giving opinions/examples you have to be a snarky fucking bitch. As usual btw .. always a dick, always.

Nightfyre
09-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Laz, you need to learn to take a ball-busting without wiping your bleeding vagina all over the board. Watch the Jags game and watch Catapano. He collapsed the pocket on several occasions.