PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs a Top Ten Team!

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 02:47 PM
New Power Rankings!

Getting some positive attention!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/23697004/nfl-power-rankings-dolphins-chiefs-make-big-jumps-into-top-10

NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Kansas City Chiefs Make Big Impression
Edit content preferencesDone
Jeremy Sickel 2 hours ago

COMMENTARY | The Kansas City Chiefs were one of the bigger questions marks in the NFL entering the 2013 season, and after a 2-0 start have opened some eyes around the league -- particularly those that try their hand at shuffling teams around in their weekly power rankings.

The Chiefs were coming off a 2-14 showing in 2012, but had the makings of a very talented roster; so being exposed as bottom-feeders came as a shock to most. Couple that with an overhaul of the front office, coaching staff and a few key positions on the field (namely quarterback), and expectations for this team were scattered across the board -- being labeled anywhere from a wild-card contender all the way to needing another year to put everything together.

Though just two weeks in, the Chiefs are making headway with those that believed there would be a learning curve with the new regime. And after a convincing road win against the Jacksonville Jaguars and a gutsy home victory over the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City has some rethinking just how good this team can be.

Here is a look at where the Chiefs fare in some of this week's NFL Power Rankings.

Yahoo - Frank Schwab

Schwab has the Chiefs listed at No. 12, up from No. 15 last week.

"Didn't think the Chiefs played all that well either in beating Dallas. But, that's the kind of game they have to win if they want to be in the playoff hunt."

CBSSports.com -- Pat Kirwan

Kirwan jumped Kansas City 10 spots in the rankings, up to No. 7 from No. 17 in just a week's time."The Chiefs were ranked 17th last week after a win over Jacksonville, but beating the Cowboys is a different story. KC has given up 18 points in two games and Alex Smith never turns the ball over. The most touchdowns he's ever thrown in a season is 18 and that will go by the wayside when he reaches 25 this season."

Fox Sports -- Brian Billick

Billick also includes the Chiefs in his top 10, up seven spots from last week's No. 17 ranking.

"In just two weeks, the Chiefs have already matched last year's win total and Alex Smith's four passing touchdowns are already half of what the Chiefs threw for all of last season."

NFL.com -- Elliot Harrison

Harrison moved the Chiefs up nine spots from No. 22 last week, all the way to No. 13 this week.

"Sunday's win over the Dallas Cowboys was ugly, but it was still a win. And hey, big kudos go to cornerback Brandon Flowers, who was beaten early and often by Dez Bryant but proved that the best corners in this business are those who let the bad plays drift into oblivion, along with all of the cruddy dates and hooptie rides they've had. The Cowboys' passing game couldn't rekindle its first-half fire, and with Dontari Poe and Derrick Johnson clogging running lanes, the Kansas City Chiefs were in business. Hate to say it, but Andy Reid won his home opener playing some Martyball."

ESPN.com

ESPN has the Chiefs listed at No. 13, up seven notches from last week's rankings.

"Why are the Chiefs 2-0? Start with Kansas City's defense, which leads the league with 35.4 expected points added in the Chiefs' first two games."

While there still seems to be a wide range of where the Chiefs are ranked this week, a win against the Philadelphia Eagles Thursday night would almost certainly guarantee a top 10 nod across the board entering Week 4. A loss, however, would keep the pundits guessing just exactly where this team really stands among the rest of the league.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2013, 02:49 PM
We're winning without a 100-yard game from Charles or Bowe.

That's pretty impressive given recent history.

cosmo20002
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
ESPN has the Chiefs listed at No. 13, up seven notches from last week's rankings.

Yes! We have a legit shot at a BCS Bowl this year.

mr. tegu
09-17-2013, 02:53 PM

I would say both of those things will be happening on Thursday.

MotherfuckerJones
09-17-2013, 02:53 PM

Hopefully Bowe has 100 rec yds and Charles goes for 200 yds Thursday

mr. tegu
09-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Not yet. Remember, the most important thing is not who you lose to or how you lose, it is when you lose.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-17-2013, 02:57 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

BigCatDaddy
09-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Power rankings were interesting when I was like 10.

Fish
09-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Print em?

DenverChief
09-17-2013, 02:59 PM
We only threw 8 TDs last year? Holy shit I knew we were bad but I had no idea we only threw 8 TDs

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
We only threw 8 TDs last year? Holy shit I knew we were bad but I had no idea we only threw 8 TDs

Yes we have matched the win total and have half the passing TD's already-lol

DenverChief
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
17 touchdowns and 29 turnovers. Holy shit I'm glad I didn't know that till now

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM

Lots of love for Alex in there as well!!! :)

King_Chief_Fan
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM

Not sure how old you are but I can't say that you are all that interesting :D

CupidStunt
09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Offense will need to perk up for KC to maintain these types of rankings. I think they need to get Charles going first and foremost, and PA pass should feed off that a little. Any time Smith faked on Sunday, the Cowboys paid absolutely no regard to it at all. We need to get those LBs biting, especially bad defenses like the Eagles - they'll be all over the fakes if Charles goes 15 for 80+ in the first half.

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 03:08 PM
San Fran still #4 after that beatdown?

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Offense will need to perk up for KC to maintain these types of rankings. I think they need to get Charles going first and foremost, and PA pass should feed off that a little. Any time Smith faked on Sunday, the Cowboys paid absolutely no regard to it at all. We need to get those LBs biting, especially bad defenses like the Eagles - they'll be all over the fakes if Charles goes 15 for 80+ in the first half.

Hopefully the O line will get it together this week. If Hudson doesn't step it up- maybe bring in Kush or someone else?

CupidStunt
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride">@ArrowheadPride</a> Spoke with Charley Casserly for NFC East story. Re: Dallas, he said: &quot;Kansas City's prob gonna win 10, 12 games this yr.&quot;</p>&mdash; Kent Babb (@kentbabb) <a href="https://twitter.com/kentbabb/statuses/380067411380035585">September 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigCatDaddy
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride">@ArrowheadPride</a> Spoke with Charley Casserly for NFC East story. Re: Dallas, he said: &quot;Kansas City's prob gonna win 10, 12 games this yr.&quot;</p>&mdash; Kent Babb (@kentbabb) <a href="https://twitter.com/kentbabb/statuses/380067411380035585">September 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

That may be worse then CoMO predicting 10-12 wins.

Frosty
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM

We are doomed. :facepalm:

Bowser
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM

Casserly then went on in great detail about how stopping the Dawson to Taylor connection is so difficult.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
17 touchdowns and 29 turnovers. Holy shit I'm glad I didn't know that till now

and didnt matt cassel have 19 turnovers by himself in the first 8 or 9 games lol

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 03:20 PM

I predicted 11-5 this year- so I guess I have my Homer glasses on too-lol

The win line in Vegas was 7 games-should have put money on it. :banghead:

Dayze
09-17-2013, 03:21 PM
I think we're going to get smoked this week.

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Offense will need to perk up for KC to maintain these types of rankings.

No, they just need to keep winning

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 03:30 PM

From the mouths of meth heads :bong:

Bowser
09-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Honestly, I fear this as well. If Flowers hadn't been taken to clown school by Dez Bryant, I'd feel a bit better about it all. If there is a weakness with this defense, it is definitely the long ball. And I'm not sure if Alex Smith can play catchup in a shootout.

We HAVE to control the clock, just like San Diego did.

Ace Gunner
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lovhvwFchM1qi3vlco1_500.gif

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Honestly, I fear this as well. If Flowers hadn't been taken to clown school by Dez Bryant, I'd feel a bit better about it all. If there is a weakness with this defense, it is definitely the long ball. And I'm not sure if Alex Smith can play catchup in a shootout.

In

loochy
09-17-2013, 03:42 PM
In

Out

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 03:43 PM

Bryant was getting away with pushing off as well. Flowers will be fine. Although that is 2 weeks in a row they have came right at him? :hmmm:

Bowser
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Bryant was getting away with pushing off as well. Flowers will be fine. Although that is 2 weeks in a row they have came right at him? :hmmm:

It is strange. Flowers is likely the better pure cover guy than Sean Smith, but I guess they'd take a chance against a 5'10 guy over a 6'3 guy.

And that's not to take anything from Bryant. Dude is a hell of an athlete and receiver.

KCUnited
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM

The old saying that the difference between 6-10 and 10-6 is a few bounces of the ball. We've had 2 special teams blocks in 2 weeks that have luckily only resulted in 2 pts. We had a muffed kick last week that bounced right back to Davis. Dez Bryant with 3 steps on Flowers drops a pass. It seems like we are getting some breaks that we haven't in the past.

Easy 6
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM

THIS

I want every RB on the roster touching the ball thursday, Ground and Pound... and that should open up some occasional play action for big chunks.

Marcellus
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Out of curiosity and being serious here , what were your predictions for week 1 and 2 prior to the games?

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 03:53 PM
The old saying that the difference between 6-10 and 10-6 is a few bounces of the ball. We've had 2 special teams blocks in 2 weeks that have luckily only resulted in 2 pts. We had a muffed kick last week that bounced right back to Davis. Dez Bryant with 3 steps on Flowers drops a pass. It seems like we are getting some breaks that we haven't in the past.

Plus we're not turning the ball over at an historic pace

Marcellus
09-17-2013, 03:57 PM

Somewhere buried here in CP there is an article this off season from a guy who used some statistical analysis that determined we should win 10 games this year.

Part of it was we basically lost damn near every fumble we committed or the other team recovered most all of their own fumbles last year and that is not something typically controlled by anything more than luck.

Teams typically way below league average (we were way way under) bounce back the next year to at least league average or better.

The data showed we were a historically bad and historically unlucky team. That probably goes hand in hand as some people say luck is when preperation meets opprtunity.

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Out

I predicted that the Chiefs would get blown out in their first 2 games. I don't see any reason to change now. Chiefs 3 eggles 56

Marcellus
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I predicted that the Chiefs would get blown out in their first 2 games. I don't see any reason to change now. Chiefs 3 eggles 56

Keep the mojo.

Mr. Laz
09-17-2013, 04:00 PM
THIS

I want every RB on the roster touching the ball thursday, Ground and Pound... and that should open up some occasional play action for big chunks.
our running game hasn't been that great

i'm sure there will be plenty of short passes to the RB's though

we need to make sure and get the ball to the RB/WR when they are moving forward instead of stopped. That's when our offense tends to do better. imo

cosmo20002
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM

That is hard to believe. I think one of the most amazing stats ever is how we didn't have a lead (in regulation) until game 9 or whatever it was.

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Keep the mojo.

:thumb:

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 04:09 PM
That is hard to believe. I think one of the most amazing stats ever is how we didn't have a lead (in regulation) until game 9 or whatever it was.

It's unbelievable how bad this team was

Easy 6
09-17-2013, 04:23 PM
our running game hasn't been that great

i'm sure there will be plenty of short passes to the RB's though

we need to make sure and get the ball to the RB/WR when they are moving forward instead of stopped. That's when our offense tends to do better. imo

Yeah, Reids teams have never really been known for a "plow'em down" run game but I think a lot of that is that he rarely asks for it, I think its a good plan for this game, get the linemen revved up for it and I bet they'd do fine.

If not then sure, a short pass is almost the same... but there are times in almost any game when you just GOTTA have the line smash someone and if they haven't really been doing that all game it hard to just flip the switch.

Ground and Pound is probably wishful thinking with Reid, but it would be a good call for this game imo.

aturnis
09-17-2013, 04:25 PM

what a difference a year makes...

RunKC
09-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey Clay...

7. Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs were ranked 17th last week after a win over Jacksonville, but beating the Cowboys is a different story. KC has given up 18 points in two games and Alex Smith never turns the ball over. The most touchdowns he's ever thrown in a season is 18 and that will go by the wayside when he reaches 25 this season.

Hammock Parties
09-17-2013, 04:43 PM
He can't keep up this pace, son. You'll see.

FlaChief58
09-17-2013, 04:50 PM

Exactly, no reason to believe he can keep his ranking as the QB with the highest winning percentage in 2011 and 2012 (until he was replaced due to injury) He sucks and will never take us to the promised land

Buck
09-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Ravens are 11 on ESPN and 12 on NFL

Lol.

GordonGekko
09-17-2013, 04:59 PM

If we're nine games and he has 15, then maybe I will believe.

I honestly think this offense is going to get Charles started, and a lot more td's are going to be spread his way.

7th in the league? I gotta see a few more games before I will really start to believe. The defense is playing all league right now though, and if they keep it up don't see how this ranking could fall much.

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Clay...

7. Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs were ranked 17th last week after a win over Jacksonville, but beating the Cowboys is a different story. KC has given up 18 points in two games and Alex Smith never turns the ball over. The most touchdowns he's ever thrown in a season is 18 and that will go by the wayside when he reaches 25 this season.

I think 28-30 is more likely.

vailpass
09-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Congrats on the rise. Imho rankings don't mean shit including Denver's #1. You're only as good as your next game.

Halfcan
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the rise. Imho rankings don't mean shit including Denver's #1. You're only as good as your next game.

That is true. Must be nice being number 1 though-lol

morphius
09-17-2013, 07:23 PM
I'd still consider us a middle of the road team, but it is nice to see the team get some respect.

vailpass
09-17-2013, 07:25 PM
That is true. Must be nice being number 1 though-lol

2 games in. When we're 8 games in we'll both know a lot more about our teams.

vailpass
09-17-2013, 07:26 PM
I'd still consider us a middle of the road team, but it is nice to see the team get some respect.

And nice to see the West kicking some nfc ass.

mcaj22
09-17-2013, 07:26 PM
there's a lot of teams that either are starting out slow or are actually going to be worse than there were last year, like a large drop off. Teams like the Ravens, Colts, Steelers, and you can probably say the Patriots because they have not played a good team yet and still looked ugly.

I'm sure the Pats will figure it out but maybe the Colts and Ravens have lost too much to keep it together.

That certainly gives the Chiefs a chance to leapfrog some of those teams. We have to separate ourselves from the Titans and Dolphins who are also young rising teams. We need to hang with the Bengals it seems for a WC. That's our competition

Direckshun
09-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Any time Smith faked on Sunday, the Cowboys paid absolutely no regard to it at all.

Yeah... no.

Any guess as to how we scored the game winning touchdown, there, CupidStunt?

ThaVirus
09-17-2013, 07:45 PM
It's still too early to tell, but I'd guess we'll be fighting it out with BAL/CIN, NE/MIA, IND and SD for the wild card spot.

Tennessee looks like they might be one of those pesky teams but I'd guess they end up around 7-9 or 8-8.

crossbow
09-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, Reids teams have never really been known for a "plow'em down" run game but I think a lot of that is that he rarely asks for it, I think its a good plan for this game, get the linemen revved up for it and I bet they'd do fine.

If not then sure, a short pass is almost the same... but there are times in almost any game when you just GOTTA have the line smash someone and if they haven't really been doing that all game it hard to just flip the switch.

Ground and Pound is probably wishful thinking with Reid, but it would be a good call for this game imo.

Yes and it would slow down all those blitzes that our line can't deal with. Smash mouth would be a good strat for this game.

threebag
09-17-2013, 08:23 PM

I think I am getting smoked tonight.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2013, 10:14 PM

I'm just waiting by the tracks, penny in my hand, ready to toss it on the rails when the Axl Express comes crashing in to the Great Kryptonite Wall of Inevitability.

Chiefshrink
09-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Cart before the horse here just a little ?:hmmm:

Dayze
09-18-2013, 07:36 AM

I think you are too. :D

BlackHelicopters
09-18-2013, 07:43 AM

LMAO

BlackHelicopters
09-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Wonder if we can beat 'Bama

tredadda
09-18-2013, 07:57 AM
NFL Power Rankings ultimately useless. The only positive that comes from them is that the higher we rise, the more people take notice and the more notice they take the more coverage we will all see of the Chiefs.

mdchiefsfan
09-18-2013, 08:12 AM
there's a lot of teams that either are starting out slow or are actually going to be worse than there were last year, like a large drop off. Teams like the Ravens, Colts, Steelers, and you can probably say the Patriots because they have not played a good team yet and still looked ugly.

I'm sure the Pats will figure it out but maybe the Colts and Ravens have lost too much to keep it together.

That certainly gives the Chiefs a chance to leapfrog some of those teams. We have to separate ourselves from the Titans and Dolphins who are also young rising teams. We need to hang with the Bengals it seems for a WC. That's our competition

I think Cinci wins that division. I think we need to keep our eyes on Balt/ Pitt for that WC.

Halfcan
09-18-2013, 08:21 AM

Puff, puff, pass- lol:bong:

Halfcan
09-18-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm just waiting by the tracks, penny in my hand, ready to toss it on the rails when the Axl Express comes crashing in to the Great Kryptonite Wall of Inevitability.

:doh!: Such a hater.

Rasputin
09-18-2013, 08:25 AM
I want to take out the NFC East teams if we can this year that would be bad ass. **** that division. They seem to always kick our ass or leave us bruised and beat up it's our turn to **** them up. If we can beat the Eagles we can beat any of them. RGIII is a limp dick and Eli Manning and his offense aren't clicking yet this year so I'm hoping we can get some picks and get the Ws.

We have to earn our ranking, beating the Eagles will justify us being in the top ten. Beating the Jags doesn't do anything but the Cowboys win was a good notch on the belt imo.

vailpass
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
I want to take out the NFC East teams if we can this year that would be bad ass. **** that division. They seem to always kick our ass or leave us bruised and beat up it's our turn to **** them up. If we can beat the Eagles we can beat any of them. RGIII is a limp dick and Eli Manning and his offense aren't clicking yet this year so I'm hoping we can get some picks and get the Ws.

We have to earn our ranking, beating the Eagles will justify us being in the top ten. Beating the Jags doesn't do anything but the Cowboys win was a good notch on the belt imo.

Cowgirls was a good win.

Valiant
09-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Somewhere buried here in CP there is an article this off season from a guy who used some statistical analysis that determined we should win 10 games this year.

Part of it was we basically lost damn near every fumble we committed or the other team recovered most all of their own fumbles last year and that is not something typically controlled by anything more than luck.

Teams typically way below league average (we were way way under) bounce back the next year to at least league average or better.

The data showed we were a historically bad and historically unlucky team. That probably goes hand in hand as some people say luck is when preperation meets opprtunity.

Well I said we would get at least 6wins this year regardless of qb whwn I was including cassel. The team gave up last year. There is good talent.

Guess we will found out with our first tough road test.

Rasputin
09-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Cowgirls was a good win.

As much as I hate the Donks and faggot raiders I'd like the AFC West to start dominate and garner respect like it has had in the past. I think that would service the Chiefs and prepare us for the playoffs better.

I still hate you guys and wish you all Aids and Antifreeze horrific and painful deaths but I can't help that.

I want our rivals to mean something and this division has sucked and needs to step up to the plate for what it really is all about. I hate the NFCE and wont hurt my feelings if the Donks take out the Cowgirls. I'd of course laugh my ass off if you lose but Donks are looking too good anyways.

OnTheWarpath15
09-18-2013, 08:41 AM
So two weeks ago, when we were 23rd or something, Power Rankings were fucking stupid, pointless, etc.

This place never disappoints.

Halfcan
09-18-2013, 12:16 PM
So two weeks ago, when we were 23rd or something, Power Rankings were ****ing stupid, pointless, etc.

They are meaningless, but it has been years since we have been ranked in the top ten of Anything!!

Lets Smash the Eagles and move up!!

ptlyon
09-18-2013, 12:26 PM
They are meaningless, but it has been years since we have been ranked in the top ten of Anything!!

SO untrue. We led in turnovers last year.

Bowser
09-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Ravens are 11 on ESPN and 12 on NFL

Lol.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

whoman69
09-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Too early to make this call. They've beaten one really bad team and another mediocre team.

Halfcan
09-18-2013, 12:38 PM
SO untrue. We led in turnovers last year.

lol Yes you are right. And worst TD % in the Red Zone as well.

CupidStunt
09-18-2013, 01:17 PM
So two weeks ago, when we were 23rd or something, Power Rankings were ****ing stupid, pointless, etc.

PR are always useless, but from a reader perspective, at least the Chiefs moved up after winning a football game, not DOWN.

Direckshun
09-18-2013, 01:41 PM
So two weeks ago, when we were 23rd or something, Power Rankings were fucking stupid, pointless, etc.

Two weeks ago, we hadn't played yet.

Halfcan
09-18-2013, 04:08 PM
PR are always useless, but from a reader perspective, at least the Chiefs moved up after winning a football game, not DOWN.

Yep we moved down after beating the jags and up 7 spots after beating the Cowboys-per ESPN

So when we win tomorrow night- up or down-lol We will have the Best record in the NFL!!

FlaChief58
09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Yep we moved down after beating the jags and up 7 spots after beating the Cowboys-per ESPN

So when we win tomorrow night- up or down-lol We will have the Best record in the NFL!!

I can't wait for all the "what happened to the Eagles" "5 reasons why the eagles lost" "eagles players say they beat themselves" "Chip Kelley says refs cost them points" etc

Halfcan
09-18-2013, 04:49 PM
I can't wait for all the "what happened to the Eagles" "5 reasons why the eagles lost" "eagles players say they beat themselves" "Chip Kelley says refs cost them points" etc

:D Yep it is going to show our D. is legit. This is the game JC breaks some big runs as well.

Mr. Laz
09-18-2013, 04:56 PM
we need our offense to show up big against philly.

Oline needs to keep improving

The Philly D has seen plenty of read/option in practice so i don't think we will be doing that this week. Need to see tons of passes between 5 and 10 yards to keep the ball moving and the Philly Offense off the field.

vailpass
09-18-2013, 06:32 PM
As much as I hate the Donks and pillowbiter raiders I'd like the AFC West to start dominate and garner respect like it has had in the past. I think that would service the Chiefs and prepare us for the playoffs better.

I still hate you guys and wish you all Aids and Antifreeze horrific and painful deaths but I can't help that.

I want our rivals to mean something and this division has sucked and needs to step up to the plate for what it really is all about. I hate the NFCE and wont hurt my feelings if the Donks take out the Cowgirls. I'd of course laugh my ass off if you lose but Donks are looking too good anyways.

Agreed.
And Fuck you too :)

the Talking Can
09-18-2013, 06:58 PM
random stat from espn

Through two games, the Chiefs have had an average starting field position 15.6 yards better than that of their opposition, the best figure in football. And that's not inflated by their game against the Jags, either; they enjoyed that same 15-yard advantage against the Cowboys in Week 2. That's too big of a gap to hold up, but if the Chiefs can remain among the league leaders in starting field-position difference, it would be a huge help for an offense that has been slow to produce big plays.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9688436/bill-barnwell-delivers-nfl-team-team-breakdown

ace gunners!

petegz28
09-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Amazing what happens when you don't turn the ball over and the defense can get off the field.