PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scouting Report from Philly's Perspective

gblowfish
09-19-2013, 08:47 AM
This from the Philly News:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20130919_Chiefs-Eagles_scouting_report.html

They called our offensive line "solid." Um....tell that to Alex Smith.

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Solid as room-temperature butter.

Mr. Laz
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Our offensive line, being borderline crap, is probably the biggest area of need this year.

run blocking - suck
pass protection - average
blitz pickup - suck

L.A. Chieffan
09-19-2013, 11:05 AM
First round pick again next year!

BlackHelicopters
Our O-Line is a semi solid.

BlackHelicopters
More large men please.

Direckshun
09-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Our offense isn't bad. It torched the Jags when we gave a shit in the first half.

The Cowboys will probably have a Top Ten defense this year.

It's a good offense. It's not explosive. But it'll get the job done most days.

Brock
09-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Draft more fatbodies plz

MIAdragon
09-19-2013, 11:11 AM
It looks solid on paper, we just haven't seen that translate on the field. Worried about Albert and that shoulder tonight.

MTG#10
09-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Damn reading those comments gives me more hope for tonight...the majority of their fans think we're going to have our way with them.

Rain Man
09-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Our O-Line is a semi solid.

Is it a plasma line? Because that would be a pretty cool nickname.

It's interesting that the line is seen as our weak spot, when we're starting 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and a 3rd round pick. It's not like we've neglected the area at all.

I'm hoping that Fisher will move up the learning curve quickly, and Hudson is more or less in his first year starting. The announcers said during the Jags game (or maybe Dallas) that we have the youngest offensive line in the league, so hopefully the line will improve as the year goes on.

joeyknish
09-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Damn reading those comments gives me more hope for tonight...the majority of their fans think we're going to have our way with them.

Not this one. It took Philip Rivers to play near perfect football for the Chargers to win last week. And I think Alex Smith is a poor man's version.

keg in kc
09-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Our offense isn't bad. It torched the Jags when we gave a shit in the first half.It never "torched" Jacksonville at any point in that game. They were incredibly efficient when handed the ball in the red zone. Aside from one sustained drive, they were incredibly inept the rest of the game.

gblowfish
09-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I don't know if this had been posted anywhere in any of the other strings, but this guy likes our chances:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

Coogs
09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Our offensive line, being borderline crap, is probably the biggest area of need this year.

run blocking - suck
blitz pickup - suck

When we had to run against Dallas the last 4 minutes, Charles cranked off 48 yards on 8 carries. That's pretty good. Took the clock all the way down to 16 seconds or so before the Cowboys got the ball back.

Mr. Laz
09-19-2013, 12:36 PM
When we had to run against Dallas the last 4 minutes, Charles cranked off 48 yards on 8 carries. That's pretty good. Took the clock all the way down to 16 seconds or so before the Cowboys got the ball back.
true ... the best our running game has looked so far was the crucial final minutes of the Dallas game.

Hopefully that becomes the norm

Young offensive line needs time

Thig Lyfe
09-19-2013, 12:40 PM

run blocking - suck
blitz pickup - suck

also we need a QB

KCrockaholic
09-19-2013, 01:03 PM
KEEP DRAFTING LINEMEN. EVERY FUCKING YEAR UNTIL THEY GIVE UP ZERO SACKS AND WE RUSH FOR FORTY YARDS PER CARRY.

EyePod
09-19-2013, 01:40 PM
true ... the best our running game has looked so far was the crucial final minutes of the Dallas game.

Well, there's a few things. First, Andy loves to pass the damn ball.

I'd love for us to run it the whole night but it's not going to happen.

2nd, Philly is not good on defense. Their defense is just about as bad as their offense is good.

If we run the ball tonight, we will run it well. That's a big andy reid filled if though.

WhawhaWhat
09-19-2013, 01:41 PM
First round pick again next year!

I agree with this statement.

Halfcan
09-19-2013, 01:44 PM
wow pretty lame

gblowfish
09-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Maybe we try a big dose of Knile Davis tonight?

If he can hang on to the damn ball....

AndChiefs
09-19-2013, 01:48 PM

He can't.

WhiteWhale
Our OL might perform better if Andy Reid at least attempted to establish Charles early in a game.

Coogs

I'm not sure if I really want to find out if he can hang on or not. I feel safer if Gray is in there as the backup.

keg in kc
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure if I really want to find out if he can hang on or not. I feel safer if Gray is in there as the backup.Ditto on pass plays. I don't feel real comfortable with him either protecting or catching.

Coogs
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM

What we really need to see from the O-line is the conversions on the 3rd and short via the run. That is something that has plagued us for years. Once we have that, I believe our offense will start to take it to the next level. Play action passing should become much more effective.

Coogs
09-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Ditto on pass plays. I don't feel real comfortable with him either protecting or catching.

Yep!

Rasputin
09-19-2013, 01:58 PM
When the Chiefs run Insert joke here about Andy Reid's not calling running plays, because it's easy to make. The Chiefs feature Jamaal Charles, who averaged 5.7 yards per carry in his first five seasons. Charles has been limited to 132 yards on 32 carries in the first two games, but he should worry teams whenever he touches the ball. Charles is most dangerous as a big-play threat, and the Eagles were susceptible to long runs in the preseason. They must keep Charles from turning the corner, where his speed could be devastating. He runs in front of a solid offensive line that includes No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher at right tackle. The Chiefs can also use quarterback Alex Smith in the running game. Smith has 12 carries for 82 yards this season. The Eagles need a good game from inside linebackers DeMeco Ryans and Mychal Kendricks.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20130919_Chiefs-Eagles_scouting_report.html#0HxXcKbThoQpCzsI.99

See I get that we are going to a "passing attack offense" (although passing short yards) Andy Reid is stubborn man, no reason he shouldn't be taking advantage of a run game with a top 3 running back in the league. We can still pass but feature JC and he can burst 50 yards on any running play. If we were getting big chunks throwing it deep I wouldn't worry about it as much but we are not doing that. Get the running game going and open up the pass. Why bring in a game manager quarterback to expect him pass on every down that is not his strength?

So far I'm not impressed with our offense but it is still early in the season. I'm not liking how they are using JC for right now.

JENKINSWINS
09-19-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't know if this had been posted anywhere in any of the other strings, but this guy likes our chances:

nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

Bucky Brooks sees it how it is and doesn't try to play for the attention grabbing stuff most people do on the NFL network. Guys like Deion on the other hand like to pump up the guys he likes without really analyzing things from an x's and o's perspective. I'd rather have more guys like Bucky Brooks in the media instead of guys like Irving and Deion.

jettio
09-19-2013, 02:09 PM

No kidding.

Killed the clock with mostly running plays against an above average defense that was expecting the run.

MTG#10
09-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Didn't Andy run the ball quite a bit with Westbrook?

Rain Man
09-19-2013, 03:51 PM
KEEP DRAFTING LINEMEN. EVERY ****ING YEAR UNTIL THEY GIVE UP ZERO SACKS AND WE RUSH FOR FORTY YARDS PER CARRY.

Honestly, if you can get the forty yards per carry you don't really need the pass protection part of it.

Cornstock
09-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Really surprised they gave the special teams advantage to Philly. Succup is on par with anyone in the league right now, our return game has been solid, and they completely overlooked our biggest asset. They're "interested to see" if Colquitt will kick to Jackson. The thing is, Colquitt kicks to no one. He kicks it to the pylon, no matter where he is on the field. And if he can't manage that he'll angle you to the sideline so you have no where to go.

Its been a while since I've been jimping about a punter. Thank God the Jason Baker era is a distant memory.

Bwana
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Any word on Flowers, is he playing or not?

mcaj22
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
how do they have the edge on special teams

we have the best punter in the league and one of the best special teams coaches ....

joeyknish
09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Didn't Andy run the ball quite a bit with Westbrook?

No.

Rain Man
09-19-2013, 04:11 PM
how do they have the edge on special teams

we have the best punter in the league and one of the best special teams coaches ....

Maybe they think that two blocked kicks in two weeks is a bit too much.

ChiefGator
09-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Honestly, if you can get the forty yards per carry you don't really need the pass protection part of it.

So.. you are saying there is a chance? ;)