PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports High school football

tooge
09-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I've been takin my family to the local high school games for about two years now. It's good stuff. There are always a player or two per game that's ginna be a D 1 kid. $8 to get in. Local team plays at William Jewell college.

Football at its purist form. Get out and support your local team. Good stuff

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Football here is pretty bland. No one can block and not enough kids can actually throw.

Source: in my third year of writing about football.

Bowser
09-20-2013, 10:40 PM
We went to the Winnetonka/Lee's Summit North game tonight. Great game. LSN was up 28-16 at half, then Tonka shut them out until :20 seconds left in the game while scoring 22 unanswered and won 38-34.

tooge
09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, same here. Liberty North was up 25-13 start of 4th quarter. Lost 26-25

vailpass
09-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Love high school ball. Take my boys to Brophy games here. Brings me back a lot of years. They play pick up games under the stands at half.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2013, 11:09 PM
We went to the Winnetonka/Lee's Summit North game tonight. Great game. LSN was up 28-16 at half, then Tonka shut them out until :20 seconds left in the game while scoring 22 unanswered and won 38-34.

I blame Alex Smith

Discuss Thrower
09-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Honestly.. The more I think about it.. I need to stop covering sports. It's fucking murdered my happiness.

BlackHelicopters
09-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Mark Castle

BigRedChief
09-21-2013, 06:42 AM
I've been takin my family to the local high school games for about two years now. It's good stuff. There are always a player or two per game that's ginna be a D 1 kid. $8 to get in. Local team plays at William Jewell college.

Football at its purist form. Get out and support your local team. Good stuffHuge High School Football thread that went on for years here:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023&highlight=high+school+football

ChiefsFanatic
09-21-2013, 07:16 AM
My alma mater beat Rockhurst last Friday. Usually the games are close but we won 22-6. This probably means they beat us in the playoffs. Thats what usually happens. Whoever loses in the regular season wins the playoff game. Go Blue Springs

hometeam
09-21-2013, 07:35 AM
I could hear the stadium all the way across town last night. Guess they where winning~

alpha_omega
09-21-2013, 08:16 AM
My alma mater beat Rockhurst last Friday. Usually the games are close but we won 22-6. This probably means they beat us in the playoffs. Thats what usually happens. Whoever loses in the regular season wins the playoff game. Go Blue Springs

Rockhurst is 1-3.

Rausch
09-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Helias had high hopes but just got taken down a notch...

Dayze
09-21-2013, 09:33 AM
We lived just behind the stadium in Peculiar. I used to listen to the game via the PA announcer.

Agree. Cheap fun. Last time we actually played Liberty and was an awesome game. I forget who Peculiars RB was at the time but he went on to be the starting RB at Mizzou. This was in 2006

MOhillbilly
09-21-2013, 10:00 AM
We lived just behind the stadium in Peculiar. I used to listen to the game via the PA announcer.

Agree. Cheap fun. Last time we actually played Liberty and was an awesome game. I forget who Peculiars RB was at the time but he went on to be the starting RB at Mizzou. This was in 2006

I did this when my dad lived down the street from SMS during the Jess branch days.

CoMoChief
09-21-2013, 10:02 AM

fuck Rockhurst

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-21-2013, 10:26 AM
It's never too early to marry the daughters off with a possible NFL connect.

Rausch
09-21-2013, 10:27 AM
**** Rockhurst

When they were 3A they fuck'n clowned us for about a decade.

J Diddy
09-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Football here is pretty bland. No one can block and not enough kids can actually throw.

Source: in my third year of writing about football.

So do you just write "they're shitty."

Rausch
09-21-2013, 11:12 AM

No.

You have to find "people stories" to pump up specific players...

wolfpack
09-21-2013, 11:22 AM
I have always enjoyed High School games. Our admission is $4. and our team is not very good, but I still enjoy going to the games. When I lived in Liberty I went to a game and the attendance was more than my hometowns pop.

Discuss Thrower
09-21-2013, 11:30 AM

I write the same story every week about how one team gets a start and rides out for win. Or team starts from behind but comes back and then rides out the rest of the game.

J Diddy
09-21-2013, 11:49 AM
You should get pr capone involved. That will fix it within a year.

Fairplay
09-21-2013, 12:15 PM
LSW vs Blue Springs was epic.

|Zach|
09-21-2013, 12:23 PM
High school football is great.

|Zach|
09-21-2013, 12:23 PM
LSW vs Blue Springs was epic.

Got up this morning and read about it. That would have been fun to watch.

Fairplay
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Got up this morning and read about it. That would have been fun to watch.

Dalvin Warmack RB for Blue Springs is fun to watch, incredible talent.

ChiefsFanatic
09-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Dalvin Warmack RB for Blue Springs is fun to watch, incredible talent.

Missouri Player of the Year last year. The Gatorade Player of the Year for Missouri last year. Won the Simone as a junior. Runs a 4.43 (which will get faster) benches 305 (already and will get better) has a 37" vertical, and has committed to K-State. I think he can be a Sproles type player. I hope Snyder is there for all four years. I think he has an outside shot at the NFL, maybe as a late round pick or an UDFA. At least could play some preseason snaps before getting cut.

Valiant
09-21-2013, 11:49 PM
I always like reading about my alma, Fort Osage. Hopefully this is the year they put it all together and win the state game. Still a long way.

|Zach|
09-22-2013, 01:36 AM
I always like reading about my alma, Fort Osage. Hopefully this is the year they put it all together and win the state game. Still a long way.

I hear they are way good this year.

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2013, 03:32 AM

Football at its purist form. Get out and support your local team. Good stuff

Good stuff man

Trevo_410
09-22-2013, 05:44 AM
derrick washington aka the dumbass rapist

Trevo_410
09-22-2013, 05:46 AM
i put most of fort osages success on both shartz and their youth system.. the couches on both high school and youth teams are just amazing.

Sully
09-22-2013, 09:14 AM
i put most of fort osages success on both shartz and their youth system.. the couches on both high school and youth teams are just amazing.

This.

You look at all the good programs in the KC area, and they all have strong youth and middle school programs, with the MS coaches buying into the HS program. It helps, in multi-HS districts, to have feeder schools (a lack of these kills independence schools). I've coached in feeder districts (NKC) and non feeder districts (Independence), and the difference is phenomenal.

Sully
09-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Where I coach now is a rural one-HS district, but no coach in the last 20 years has brought those lower levels on board. So we are trying to change the culture and build it K-12. We regularly have 40-60 kids playing MS ball, and struggle to get 30-40 on the HS squad (part of that is the nature of the district... tons of move-outs every year). Our youth program has around 150 kids k-6.

Sully
09-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Having had a nephew who played Pop Warner in Independence, it's been amazing how good those youth Fort teams have been. But you bet your ass that's why the HS program has been very good since Schartz got there.

Valiant
09-22-2013, 11:13 AM
This.

You look at all the good programs in the KC area, and they all have strong youth and middle school programs, with the MS coaches buying into the HS program. It helps, in multi-HS districts, to have feeder schools (a lack of these kills independence schools). I've coached in feeder districts (NKC) and non feeder districts (Independence), and the difference is phenomenal.

Explain, I have not actually been there for 15years..
Fort was the only HS in their region as they were east Independence and pulled from 3 middle schools which to my knowledge did not have football. Do they have more than one middle school now?

I just figured they had a great coach and more kids now.

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2013, 11:16 AM
CTE = Children Trying to Entertain

Bowser
09-22-2013, 11:30 AM

Pretty sure they won state last year......

Fort O has come light years in the span of just a few seasons.

Bowser
09-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Pretty sure they won state last year......

Fort O has come light years in the span of just a few seasons.

Nope, they lost to Kirkwood...

http://fox2now.com/2012/11/24/kirkwood-beats-fort-osage-wins-first-football-championship/

Sully
09-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Explain, I have not actually been there for 15years..
Fort was the only HS in their region as they were east Independence and pulled from 3 middle schools which to my knowledge did not have football. Do they have more than one middle school now?

I just figured they had a great coach and more kids now.

I don't know how their MS program is set up, but, for example, in Independence, there are several middle schools, but they aren't "dedicated" to each high school, so each high school will pull kids from all the middle schools (splitting up kids who've played together). In single HS districts or districts with feeder schools, the kids can use the same terminology, same practice schedules, and the same systems throughout, which means they are already, in 9th grade, far better than those districts that don't.
Where I'm at now, even with one HS, that hasn't been taken advantage of, so we get idiots as freshmen, and are starting from ground zero.

Valiant
09-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't know how their MS program is set up, but, for example, in Independence, there are several middle schools, but they aren't "dedicated" to each high school, so each high school will pull kids from all the middle schools (splitting up kids who've played together). In single HS districts or districts with feeder schools, the kids can use the same terminology, same practice schedules, and the same systems throughout, which means they are already, in 9th grade, far better than those districts that don't.
Where I'm at now, even with one HS, that hasn't been taken advantage of, so we get idiots as freshmen, and are starting from ground zero.

Ahh, I am not sure how it is now over there. But when I went there all the kids in middleschool went to one school in the 90s, Fort Osage for the area, there was a mixed neighborhoods by the highway with Chrisman but I think those kids went to different schools from the start.

I am guessing it is the coach, building slowly and no longer 90% white kids.

Trivers
09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
hey, how has Oak Grove done the past decade?

3A? 4a?

SAUTO
09-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Hai guiz. How has the sister Marty school o d blinds done the last fifty years?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sully
09-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Ahh, I am not sure how it is now over there. But when I went there all the kids in middleschool went to one school in the 90s, Fort Osage for the area, there was a mixed neighborhoods by the highway with Chrisman but I think those kids went to different schools from the start.

I am guessing it is the coach, building slowly and no longer 90% white kids.

They still have one HS.
And you also touched on another big reason.
The Samoans.