PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Johnny Manziel vrs SMU

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2013, 06:15 AM
6:00 central on ESPNU

I know Manziels growing on a lot of you. Admit it. I've been in since watching him last year. I'm sincerely worried now that the Trent richardson move by the Browns is their plan to go after Manziel. As bad as I'd love him in Red and Gold I sure don't wish being a Brown on anybody. At least let a real franchise acquire him, anyway, I think he puts up 65 points tonight. He's focused on becoming more of a pocket passer and going through his read progressions but his natural instincts will still net him 100 + rushing yards. Why shouldn't he run instead of chance an INT. Right Mr. Vick ! :evil:

BlackHelicopters
09-21-2013, 06:18 AM
In. Manziel for President.

Rasputin
09-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Doesn't matter how good Johnny Football is going be, Chiefs wont draft him.

Insert excuse reasons #1,#2,#3,#4,#5......

opposition
09-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Doesn't matter how good Johnny Football is going be, Chiefs wont draft him.

Insert excuse reasons #1,#2,#3,#4,#5......

31st pick for the Chiefs this year. Wont fall that far.

Chiefs=Champions
09-21-2013, 07:03 AM
If feel like if we drafted Manziel, we would suffer through years and years of incorrect spelling and pronunciation.

LoneWolf
09-21-2013, 07:24 AM
The franchise that drafts Johnny Douchebag is going to be extremely disappointed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2013, 08:07 AM
The franchise that drafts Johnny Douchebag is going to be extremely disappointed.

I don't know why you would say that.

He's smart. He's accurate. He throws with a touch that easy to catch. He's got a great long ball. And he can elude any pass rush. If you ever hear him speak he will impress you there too. People need to get over the off the field stuff, he's not done anything 99% of other college kids do.

And that's why I would hate to see the Browns draft him. It wouldn't be fair to him and his abilities.

chiefzilla1501
09-21-2013, 08:24 AM

He's smart. He's accurate. He throws with a touch that easy to catch. He's got a great long ball. And he can elude any pass rush. If you ever hear him speak he will impress you there too. People need to get over the off the field stuff, he's not done anything 99% of other college kids do.

And that's why I would hate to see the Browns draft him. It wouldn't be fair to him and his abilities.

My biggest problem is that his skill set will probably be similar to Big Ben, but he's not going to have the body to take nearly the same kind of abuse.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2013, 08:27 AM
3rd rounder, but somebody will fall in love with him and overdraft like Tebow. He's a sensational college QB though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eleazar
09-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Will never stick as a starting QB in the NFL.

LoneWolf
09-21-2013, 04:35 PM

I watched the Alabama game, did you? He is a great athlete and really elusive, but the overwhelming majority of his long passes were basically jump balls where his receivers bailed him out. At his size, he isn't going to be able to run around in the NFL like he is doing in college and he doesn't have an above average/elite arm like RGIII or Drew Brees.

His skill set just doesn't translate well to the NFL. You keep cheering him on though. He is an exciting player to watch.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I watched the Alabama game, did you? He is a great athlete and really elusive, but the overwhelming majority of his long passes were basically jump balls where his receivers bailed him out. At his size, he isn't going to be able to run around in the NFL like he is doing in college and he doesn't have an above average/elite arm like RGIII or Drew Brees.

His skill set just doesn't translate well to the NFL. You keep cheering him on though. He is an exciting player to watch.

Yes, I watched the game. 99% of his passes were accurate. Evans height helped a lot but the passes were where they needed to be. Didn't like the hail marry he threw in the middle of the field to avoid a sack but it worked out. He's big enough to play pro ball , if he was 6'6" he wouldn't be able to run like he does. I just think he's a whole lot of fun to watch and if he can be taken by a real team and not the fucking Browns he'll make some noise.

big nasty kcnut
09-21-2013, 05:10 PM
no screw johnny racist.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2013, 05:34 PM
HeHe. 14-0 . I swear he is so much fun to watch.

Molitoth
09-21-2013, 05:42 PM

Say the A&M defense starts to rank near dead last in the NCAA and A&M loses like 6 games in a row, even though Manziel tries his hardest to keep them in close games.

Would you still want to draft him, even though he can't pull through with wins, or is that on the defense?

LoneWolf
09-21-2013, 05:51 PM

Enjoy it while you can. I'll enjoy watching him fail in the NFL.

RealSNR
09-21-2013, 05:53 PM
The Browns could definitely draft him, but WR isn't their biggest issue.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Don't know how much more Johnny we'll see, but a good game from him so far. 245 total yards and 3 TDs (2 rushing with 6:45 left in the half. SMU is awful. Penalties all over the place this game. 32-3(3 XPs missed lol). Did have an INT, but it was off the receiver's hands.

21 penalties in the first half. This game sucks. Thanks refs

Rasputin
09-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Enjoy it while you can. I'll enjoy watching him fail in the NFL.

Why do you hate the Chiefs?

LoneWolf
09-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Why do you hate the Chiefs?

One thing I don't have to worry about is Andy Reid drafting Johnny. He's already had Vick who is faster, more elusive, and has a better arm and he guided the Eagles to 4 wins. He won't make that mistake again.