PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs are favored over Giants

DaFace
09-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Who the hell would have predicted that before the season started?

I do love the way this sport can completely surprise you every year. It just isn't as much fun when your team is the one that is way below your expectations.

TribalElder
09-22-2013, 08:08 PM
I missed the other weeks totals

is this the first time we are favored this year?

keg in kc
09-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Giants fans have to be hating life right now.

Simplicity
09-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Giants, Niners, GB, freaking Miami... All crazy.

pr_capone
09-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I believe KC will go 6-0 to start the season with the next three games being the Giants, Titans, and Raiders. The Texans are the first ones that have the talent to hang a loss on KC come week 7.

DaFace
09-22-2013, 08:11 PM
I missed the other weeks totals

is this the first time we are favored this year?

We were favored over Jacksonville and Dallas both, I believe. Not vs. the Eagles.

TLO
09-22-2013, 08:17 PM
What are we favored by?

Strongside
09-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I believe KC will go 6-0 to start the season with the next three games being the Giants, Titans, and Raiders. The Texans are the first ones that have the talent to hang a loss on KC come week 7.

They do have the talent to beat us, but haven't been good thus far. Plus that game is in KC. I think @ Buffalo will be tough, and so will @ Titans...I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves...but we could be 9-0 heading into the bye week to face off against Denver if we play our cards right.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-22-2013, 08:20 PM
The Giants are gonna come in swinging. It's gonna be a war.

Mav
09-22-2013, 08:20 PM
They do have the talent to beat us, but haven't been good thus far. Plus that game is in KC. I think @ Buffalo will be tough, and so will @ Titans...I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves...but we could be 9-0 heading into the bye week to face off against Denver if we play our cards right.

I don't think that Buffalo will be that big of a problem.....One thing that was showed today, EJ MANUEL does not handle pressure well at all. The Chiefs will be in his ass all day like Geno Smith bending clay over.

Mav
09-22-2013, 08:21 PM

They have the Dline to make the offense miserable.

Gotta run the ball. That's what Carolina did. They ran all over them.

T-post Tom
09-22-2013, 08:22 PM
They have the Dline to make the offense miserable.

Gotta run the ball. That's what Carolina did. They ran all over them.

True. Their d-line is scary.

DaFace
09-22-2013, 08:23 PM
What are we favored by?

Opened at 5, down to 4 at the moment.

(Disclaimer, I only pretend to know how to interpret this stuff.)

kcxiv
09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
They were just taalking on Sunday night football about how the giants dline sucks and jjp is hurt.

TLO
09-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I just looked and found that we are anywhere from 5 to 3.5 point favorites. Over/under was 44 in most places.

J Diddy
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM

I'm inclined to believe the same.

Fritz88
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Really can't rule the Giants out. They have all the tools to win.

Fritz88
09-22-2013, 08:27 PM

Same here. Hopefully one can shed some light.

alanm
09-22-2013, 08:27 PM
The Giants are gonna come in swinging. It's gonna be a war.I was hoping the Giants would win today. Their gonna play like a cornered wounded animal next Sunday. Chiefs better not take them for granted. :shake:

Mav
09-22-2013, 08:28 PM
I was hoping the Giants would win today. Their gonna play like a cornered wounded animal next Sunday. Chiefs better not take them for granted. :shake:

They wont. Andy wont let them take an NFC EAST team lightly.

Fritz88
09-22-2013, 08:31 PM
I was hoping the Giants would win today. Their gonna play like a cornered wounded animal next Sunday. Chiefs better not take them for granted. :shake:

And that's when they somehow win games.

alanm
09-22-2013, 08:31 PM
They wont. Andy wont let them take an NFC EAST team lightly.Not to mention the Chiefs NEVER play well against the Giants

Chiefs Pantalones
09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
They were just taalking on Sunday night football about how the giants dline sucks and jjp is hurt.

They have a championship pedigree. With coaching like that, the talent they have...it's not over until their mathematically eliminated. Some of us are acting like 4-0 is a certainty.

CoMoChief
09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
The Giants are in shambles offensively. They have no Oline and can't run the football and can't stop turning the ball over. WTF does anyone think that's going to change playing in Arrowhead against a badass defense. I just hope AS and Reid/Pederson can manage a few offensive drives that lead to TD's effectively. Not been a fan of play selection. We need to run the god damn football. Run Charles to the outside or draw/trap plays...that's where he excels. In the Philly game things started happening offensively because we got Charles into the damn game and we started the football. AS can take all the sacks he wants. Taking sacks are ALWAYS better than throwing away INT's to the other team. Love Love LOVE the fact that he's not turning the ball over. There's been a couple times where he almost did, luckily those were breaks that went our way, because a couple were right in the hands. You don't turn the ball over on offense while creating them on defense will lead to W's w/ this team. No longer do we have a QB that completely keeps the entire team down.

BryanBusby
09-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Really can't rule the Giants out. They have all the tools to win.
Outside of Eli and their receivers, the Giants really don't have the tools to win.

Their offensive line can't block, the Defensive line looks worn out, their LBs are trash, they really can't cover or run or do Special Teams.

DaFace
09-22-2013, 08:35 PM
The Giants are in shambles offensively. They have no Oline and can't run the football and can't stop turning the ball over. WTF does anyone think that's going to change playing in Arrowhead against a badass defense. I just hope AS and Reid/Pederson can manage a few offensive drives that lead to TD's effectively. Not been a fan of play selection. We need to run the god damn football. Run Charles to the outside or draw/trap plays...that's where he excels. In the Philly game things started happening offensively because we got Charles into the damn game and we started the football.

Yep. At they same time, if they DO get their shit together, it's still a very capable team.

Red Dawg
09-22-2013, 08:37 PM

The way our defense has played I fear no one in the league. I do not have warm fuzzies about the Titans. That defense could be rough.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Have we traded for Gordon yet? That should be happening yesterday.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2013, 08:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1294391_10202017479096212_566573065_o.jpg

Mav
09-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Not to mention the Chiefs NEVER play well against the Giants

I don't know the history of that. I do know however that the Chiefs history in the state of Florida was poor too going into week 1. This is a different Chiefs team.....

Mav
09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Have we traded for Gordon yet? That should be happening yesterday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:mad:

J Diddy
They have a championship pedigree. With coaching like that, the talent they have...it's not over until their mathematically eliminated. Some of us are acting like 4-0 is a certainty.

I don't know about anyone else, but after last year and pretty much being eliminated in the first month, this is like a superbowl to me. First time in a long time I've felt we've had a legitimate team. Not since Vermeil, and even then I knew what the d was going to do to us.

Now the wildcard is the offense and when I compare the potential of vermeils d vs reids offense I find myself getting excited.

KCrockaholic
Even the Texans don't scare me...

Schaub is terrible, and Foster/Tate can be shut down.

Our offensive line will be the biggest issue in that game.

DeezNutz
09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Should be a pretty easy win.

jspchief

That means the early bets are going to the Giants. Dropping a point is an attempt to get more people betting on KC.

A full point in such a short time is not insignificant.

ChiefGator
Our front seven must be licking their chops after watching the highlights of the Carolina-NYG game.

Baby Lee
09-22-2013, 08:50 PM

I refuse to make specific predictions at this point.

We are in that spot where we're finally good enough to hang with anyone anywhere, but still have enough question marks to lay an egg at a moment's notice, too.

The next few weeks will be an interesting expose of what the 2013 Chiefs are made of, for good or ill.

I'm 70% less concerned about the Giants than I was the Eagles, but that 30% holds powerful ju-ju. There's just to many players still with them that remember pride and success to lay down like a beta bitch next week.

Buehler445
09-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Giants fans have to be hating life right now.

Like we were last year after getting blown the fuck out the first 3 weeks?

Yeah. I could empathize, but neh. Giants have Super Bowl wins this decade to lean on .

Mav
09-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Like we were last year after getting blown the **** out the first 3 weeks?

Yeah. I could empathize, but neh. Giants have Super Bowl wins this decade to lean on .

You clearly don't know new York fans lol.

They are on suicide watch, and half of them are planning Coughlins funeral.

Buehler445
09-22-2013, 09:02 PM
You clearly don't know new York fans lol.

They are on suicide watch, and half of them are planning Coughlins funeral.

No fucks were given.

O.city
09-22-2013, 09:05 PM
NO reason we shouldn't beat the shit out of this team.

Outside of Eli and their WR's, they're meh.

saphojunkie
09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Not to mention the Chiefs NEVER play well against the Giants

Or in Florida.

Cannibal
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but after last year and pretty much being eliminated in the first month, this is like a superbowl to me. First time in a long time I've felt we've had a legitimate team. Not since Vermeil, and even then I knew what the d was going to do to us.

Now the wildcard is the offense and when I compare the potential of vermeils d vs reids offense I find myself getting excited.

Good point.

BossChief
09-22-2013, 10:13 PM
We match up extremely well with them.

Their OL can't block the edges and i wouldnt be surprised if Houston and Hali combine for 5 sacks and take the ball away a couple times.

Fat Elvis
09-22-2013, 10:15 PM
I just looked and found that we are anywhere from 5 to 3.5 point favorites. Over/under was 44 in most places.

I'd take the under.

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2013, 10:17 PM

The only thing to know is that Vegas wants half the money on the Giants, half the money on the Chiefs. If too much of the money is going one way, they move the number.

Well, if you're wagering there's a hell of a lot more to know.

O.city
09-22-2013, 10:17 PM
They're defense isn't very good and Eli will throw us a few balls.

I'd love to see our offense really start clicking in this game as drop a huge deuce on coughlin

O.city
09-22-2013, 10:29 PM
It's crazy that thru 3 weeks, the chiefs have the same number if wins as the entire NFC east

Simply Red
09-22-2013, 10:37 PM
They wont. Andy wont let them take an NFC EAST team lightly.

Thanks for the update.

philfree
09-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Andy Reid is 17-13 vs the Giants. Alex Smith is 1-2 vs the Giants in the last three meetings in 2011 and 2012. We know them and they kind of know us on offense but not our defense. Last time they played the 9ers with Alex Smith he threw 3 INTs. And I hate that they are 0-3 because they'll be looking for any way possible to get off the snigh. I think we go to 4-0 but I don't for one minute think it will be a walk through.

DaWolf
09-22-2013, 10:42 PM
I can't remember the last time we beat the Giants...

ClevelandBronco
09-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Well, the last time I beat the Giant, I...

Wait. We're not talking about the same thing, are we?

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2013, 11:12 PM

AussieChiefsFan
09-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Our D-line and LBs are going to have a field day next week. Not to mention their horrible turnover differential. This one is very winnable.

That being said, the offense has to get going.

AussieChiefsFan
09-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Andy Reid is 17-13 vs the Giants. Alex Smith is 1-2 vs the Giants in the last three meetings in 2011 and 2012. We know them and they kind of know us on offense but not our defense. Last time they played the 9ers with Alex Smith he threw 3 INTs. And I hate that they are 0-3 because they'll be looking for any way possible to get off the snigh. I think we go to 4-0 but I don't for one minute think it will be a walk through.To go along with those stats;

Andy Reid is 17-2 the week after a bye OR Thursday night game.

beach tribe
09-23-2013, 12:42 AM
I have a REALLY bad feeling about this game.

Dont know why. I just do.

AussieChiefsFan
09-23-2013, 12:52 AM

Dont know why. I just do.Didn't you say that about the Eagles game? :D

MotherfuckerJones
09-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Andy Reid is 17-2 after a bye and Thursday game. We just can't let Nicks and Cruz beat us. We've shown we can take guys out of games. Their oline is shit and Houston facing a rookie RT again? Yes please! I trust this defense. Let's see how the offense does. Andy won't let this team overlook the Giants he knows the NFC East. This defense will smell blood like sharks in the water. I'm not expecting a blowout because I'm not impressed with our offense because our oline sucks.

BlackHelicopters
09-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Desperate 0-3 team will be desperate.

Marcellus
09-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Its hard to go 4-0 and its hard to go 0-4 so it could be interesting.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-23-2013, 08:17 AM

Will you still feel this way if Flowers is out ??

Rausch
09-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Will you still feel this way if Flowers is out ??

Hell no...

Rain Man
09-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Didn't you say that about the Eagles game? :D

If he did, we want him to have the same feeling this week. No one should change anything they think, do, or wear since we've apparently found the right combination.

Titty Meat
09-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Who the hell would have predicted that before the season started?

I do love the way this sport can completely surprise you every year. It just isn't as much fun when your team is the one that is way below your expectations.

Without a franchise qb? No way.

Halfcan
09-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Andy Reid is 17-2 after a bye and Thursday game. We just can't let Nicks and Cruz beat us. We've shown we can take guys out of games. Their oline is shit and Houston facing a rookie RT again? Yes please! I trust this defense. Let's see how the offense does. Andy won't let this team overlook the Giants he knows the NFC East. This defense will smell blood like sharks in the water. I'm not expecting a blowout because I'm not impressed with our offense because our oline sucks.

610 was talking about their rookie facing Houston- I guess the Rook has short arms and is more of a power run blocker- pretty terrible at pass coverage-falls for the first move, lots of holding, and was abused last week in carolina.

I didn't see the game- but the stats line looks bad. 38-0 7 sacks and 2 Eli Mae Ints.

Lets hope for more of the same this week. :clap:

KC_Lee
09-23-2013, 10:00 AM

The Titans have impressed me so far this season. It looks like CJ has put the whole "gonna get 2,000 yards again" thing behind him and with the addition of Green to the backfield TN has a good 1 - 2 RB combo.

At the begining of the season I would have said KC vs. TN is a win for KC, after the past 3 weeks I am not so sure.

saphojunkie
09-23-2013, 10:03 AM

Dont know why. I just do.

Because the Giants won the super bowl in 2012 and we had the first overall pick last year.

The fact is, almost everyone had this penciled in as a loss at the beginning of the season. Going 3-1 and losing to what has historically been a good team, whose backs are against the wall, who have a two-time Super Bowl MVP at QB with plenty of offensive weapons, who have great pass rushers... There's no shame in that.

Having said that, beating an 0-3 team at Arrowhead, coming off a gutsy fucking road win over the #2 offense in the NFL, with 10 days to rest and prepare, with the league's best defense, with the league's best turnover ratio, with a home crowd that should be jacked up...

You can't ask for a better situation.

Dunerdr
09-23-2013, 10:42 AM
No win will be easy. Excluding the jags. Were still a fringe team this until this offense begins to drive the ball consistently were no better than the fucking raiders. Our d appears legit but they will get beat by good teams, thats where we need the other side to keep us alive. I realize this is a good team with the room to grow into A great team. But no one should discount the giants they could halfass pull it together and give us a run. Remember when we halfass pulled it together and beat gb?

MahiMike
09-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't think that Buffalo will be that big of a problem.....One thing that was showed today, EJ MANUEL does not handle pressure well at all. The Chiefs will be in his ass all day like Geno Smith bending clay over.

Quotable

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 10:47 AM
I prefer to stay the underdog

MahiMike
09-23-2013, 10:48 AM

This is what I was thinking when I saw that unbelievable score. Lose 38-0 to the Carolina freaking Panthers?

The Giants have always been a Jeckyl/Hyde team under Coughlin. Hopefully they're still Hyde next week.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I think Eli got sacked 4 times in the 1st quarter. Makes him skittish the rest of the game, we should try to do that same. Come early and often.

ReynardMuldrake
09-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I think this game will be a real confidence booster. Long week to prepare against an anemic pass rush should get our legs hopefully under our O-line again.

Mike in SW-MO
09-23-2013, 11:03 AM
If he did, we want him to have the same feeling this week. No one should change anything they think, do, or wear since we've apparently found the right combination.

:hmmm:

Because it's only weird if it doesn't work.

Rausch
09-23-2013, 11:03 AM
I think this game will be a real confidence booster. Long week to prepare against an anemic pass rush should get our legs hopefully under our O-line again.

It should be.

I just don't like it. It stinks. I smell gas...

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I prefer to stay the underdog

Hard to do when undefeated.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Yea ... i guess we will see how the team reacts when they receive pub.

ROYC75
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
No win will be easy. Excluding the jags. Were still a fringe team this until this offense begins to drive the ball consistently were no better than the ****ing raiders. Our d appears legit but they will get beat by good teams, thats where we need the other side to keep us alive. I realize this is a good team with the room to grow into A great team. But no one should discount the giants they could halfass pull it together and give us a run. Remember when we halfass pulled it together and beat gb?

This ....way too many chicken counting in this thread and the BB.

We are what we are, not what many of us want to be. We haven't proved a damn thing yet on offense and the D is improved just because of the attacking style we are running.

A good coach can game plan around this, easily. A Gimmie ? No way!

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2013, 12:17 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4F4qzPbcFiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
09-23-2013, 12:21 PM

I heard from a buddy at work the Raiders were +1400 on a moneyline bet.

I know it won't happen.

I know this is the game the Ra...duhs...die.

But damn. Damn.

I can see how Vegas pulls suckers in...

Nzoner
09-23-2013, 12:51 PM
I heard from a buddy at work the Raiders were +1400 on a moneyline bet.

I know it won't happen.

I know this is the game the Ra...duhs...die.

But damn. Damn.

I can see how Vegas pulls suckers in...

There are guys in Vegas who will easily throw a hundy at that though because it does happen and on the outside chance it does $1400 allows the opportunity for a lot more of those bets.I recall a few years ago when the Pats opened against the Bills and this was the case and the Bills pulled the upset.

Amnorix
09-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Giants have good skill position players but are a mess in the trenches on both sides of the ball. No LBs, horrendous problems at the tackle positions (both DT and offensive tackles), they have serious, serious problems.

I agree that many years the Giants have been inconsistent early and then pull it together as the season moves along to become red hot in time for the playoffs, but this Giant team definitely seems different, and not in a good way. CRUSHED by a mediocre Panthers team? Very ugly.

Rain Man
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Giants have good skill position players but are a mess in the trenches on both sides of the ball. No LBs, horrendous problems at the tackle positions (both DT and offensive tackles), they have serious, serious problems.

I agree that many years the Giants have been inconsistent early and then pull it together as the season moves along to become red hot in time for the playoffs, but this Giant team definitely seems different, and not in a good way. CRUSHED by a mediocre Panthers team? Very ugly.

I haven't seen them play, but what happened to their defensive line? It used to be an embarrassment of riches, and this year they added two more high picks with Jonathan Hankins and Damontre Moore, so I figured they'd be dominant.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen them play, but what happened to their defensive line? It used to be an embarrassment of riches, and this year they added two more high picks with Jonathan Hankins and Damontre Moore, so I figured they'd be dominant.

Didn't they sign Cullen Jenkins as well to replace Canty?

KChiefs1
09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
This game just screams of a Giants win. Chiefs coming a huge emotional win & the Giants coming off an ass-kicking. Scary stuff IMHO.

mikey23545
09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
They have only 3 sacks on the year...I believe that's tied for last in the NFL...

And we know who is number 1 with 15...

ChiefRocka
09-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Guaranteed we get beat twice for TDs on long 40+ bombs by Eli. We win by 3.

ptlyon
09-23-2013, 02:28 PM
And we know who is number 1 with 15...

Von miller?

Stalker
09-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I think going down to the titans is going to be tough. With the high that this franchise is on right now, I feel comfortable playing anyone at Arrowhead. Every Sunday is different and the giants are gonna wanna stop the rot, it's a shame for them that number 50 doesn't feel the same.

DTLB58
09-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Even the Texans don't scare me...

Schaub is terrible, and Foster/Tate can be shut down.

Our offensive line will be the biggest issue in that game.

Our O line will be the biggest issue in any game going forward, as long as there are no major injuries.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Brandon Flowers is day-to-day with the inflammation. He might not play. Has he ever been without something nagging him?

Rain Man
09-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Von miller?

Sacks, not warrants.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Brandon Flowers is day-to-day with the inflammation. He might not play. Has he ever been without something nagging him?
we need a major push at cornerback next year

flowers has been getting dinged up more and more lately and Dunta Robinson is done. We need a couple strong, athletic guys that can run to develop.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-23-2013, 07:31 PM
CB Brandon Flowers (knee), TE Anthony Fasano (ankle), G Jeff Allen (groin), FB Anthony Sherman (knee), S Kendrick Lewis (ankle), TE Travis Kelce (knee)

All did not practice.

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2013, 11:05 AM
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6480/6gdb.png

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Now that's just stupid

warrior
09-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Sacks, not warrants.

Nice ROFL

saphojunkie
09-24-2013, 12:35 PM

Who the fuck decided on the color assignment for this chart? Must have been a dumbshit Bronco fan.

58-4ever
09-24-2013, 12:40 PM

The Tennessee game scares me a bit. Locker is improved and they have a good D.

Frosty
09-24-2013, 01:31 PM

So, Vermont is made up of deluded Giants fans? Am I reading this right?

Scary Berry 29
09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll tell you what...

This game is like STEALING money. New York bias, no one other than Chiefs fans give a shit about the Chiefs...the Giants are an absolute mess. They match up in no way, shape or form to the Chiefs and the Chiefs defense. This is going to be a 3 score win for the Chiefs, minimum. I mean, this is the very definition of a layup.