PDA

View Full Version : Football Rumors: cleveland looks to trade more players: Josh Gordon

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Josh Gordon Trade Rumors: Latest Buzz and Speculation Surrounding Browns WR
BY JOSEPH ZUCKER (http://bleacherreport.com/users/642883-joseph-zucker)
(FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2013

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/512/520/hi-res-7578972_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
The Cleveland Browns' fire sale may yet continue as the team has reportedly made wide receiver Josh Gordon available.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns are willing to part with Gordon along with fellow wide receiver Greg Little (http://bleacherreport.com/greg-little):

ESPN's Adam Caplan adds that Gordon has actually been on the trade block for "several weeks":

Gordon is returning (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000245816/article/josh-gordon-rejoins-browns-after-2game-suspension) to the field in Week 3 after serving a two-game suspension at the start of the regular season, following a violation of the league's substance-abuse policy. He came into the season with some lofty expectations after his rookie year, in which he caught 50 passes for 805 yards and five touchdowns.

This news is exactly what Browns fans won't want to hear. It comes the same week as Cleveland essentially gave up on the 2013 season just two weeks into the season, first naming (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000246560/article/brian-hoyer-to-be-cleveland-browns-week-3-starter) Brian Hoyer the starting quarterback over the banged-up Brandon Weeden and backup Jason Campbell, and then trading (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9690728/cleveland-browns-trade-trent-richardson-indianapolis-colts) Trent Richardson (http://bleacherreport.com/trent-richardson) to the Indianapolis Colts.

For a fanbase as tortured as the Browns' it will hurt to see yet another talented offensive player be pushed out the door.

Only 22 years old, Gordon will continue to improve, and he's the kind of player a team can build a receiving corps around. The fact that Cleveland is thinking about offoading him is arguably more surprising than the Richardson trade.

However, if Cleveland is really in rebuild mode, it would make sense to cash in now on its most marketable asset and prepare for the future. The trio of Joe Banner, Michael Lombardi and Rob Chudzinski have a definite direction they're taking this team. They're not afraid to burn some bridges in the short term if it helps the long term, either.

Only time will tell if the plan works out.

Kylo Ren
09-23-2013, 11:26 AM
A bird in the hand, is better than two in the bush...

Strongside
Would be a huge pickup for us. Bowe, Gordon and Avery is a salty receiving corps.

alpha_omega
Wow...I have some friends in Cleveland. For their sake, i hope Lombardi knows what he's doing.

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Would be a huge pickup for us. Bowe, Gordon and Avery is a salty receiving corps.

Yes. Hope it doesn't happen, would make your O much more potent.

Trevo_410
I'd give mccluster and a fifth

HoneyBadger
I could see Nee England or SF making a run for him

The Franchise
According to www.rotoworld.com the Browns already have an offer on table for Gordon. I'd flip them a 4th.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM
I'd hit it.

Sofa King
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM
That'd be sweet.

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Wow...I have some friends in Cleveland. For their sake, i hope Lombardi knows what he's doing.

Hes not trading Gordon. I do believe little goes. They were showcasing him at kick returner yesterday to get his value up.

Gordon after yesterday, if Lombardi is smart, is untouchable at this point. Especially if he wants to show case Brian Hoyer as the qb he said he would draft over KAEPERNICK in the 2011 draft.

BlackHelicopters
In for a 4th.

Mav
According to www.rotoworld.com the Browns already have an offer on table for Gordon. I'd flip them a 4th.

Id flip you the bird. Even though you are accurate. That is his value because he is so close to a 1 year ban.

That right there should be reason enough for Lombardi to not trade him.

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I could see Nee England or SF making a run for him

New England wont try. Lombardi would make them fist themselves because when the Browns went after Mallett, they stood firm on their 2nd round pick grade for him.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Hes not trading Gordon. I do believe little goes. They were showcasing him at kick returner yesterday to get his value up.

Gordon after yesterday, if Lombardi is smart, is untouchable at this point. Especially if he wants to show case Brian Hoyer as the qb he said he would draft over KAEPERNICK in the 2011 draft.

So them leaking that Gordon is on the trade block is for what reason exactly? They might as well dump him now before he fucks up again and is out for the year.

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Id flip you the bird. Even though you are accurate. That is his value because he is so close to a 1 year ban.

That right there should be reason enough for Lombardi to not trade him.

Same with von. Would you take him?

Rausch
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
No.

Our FO should be focused on how to sign Houston long term, retain Albert (Fish is $3it,) and not have to flush our talent on D...

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Same with von. Would you take him?

As in Cleveland?

No. And not because he isn't talented. But because he truly is a unremorseful shit bag. At least GORDON is TRYING and he was busted for Codeine, and had a some what believable excuse, where as Von Miller, and THE TESTER were trying to rig things.

Plus we just drafted Mingo.....

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:34 AM
No.

Our FO should be focused on how to sign Houston long term, retain Albert (Fish is $3it,) and not have to flush our talent on D...

Fair answer. Dude has pissed me off. Such a waste.

Rain Man
I'd give mccluster and a fifth

I'd strongly consider giving McCluster and a 5th for their 5th.

Mav
No.

Gordon is on a rookie contract that was less than most second rounders get because of the supplemental draft.

If Cleveland were to accept a 4th rounder, which could move Avery to his more natural slot position, that would be crazy not to do it.

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:35 AM
As in Cleveland?

No. And not because he isn't talented. But because he truly is a unremorseful shit bag. At least GORDON is TRYING and he was busted for Codeine, and had a some what believable excuse, where as Von Miller, and THE TESTER were trying to rig things.

Plus we just drafted Mingo.....

Feel ya, just comparing equal situations...

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:36 AM
I'd strongly consider giving McCluster and a 5th for their 5th.

this makes me laugh.......we already have enough midgets with Benjamin, cooper, and bess.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 11:36 AM
No.

picking up Gordon or Little shouldn't have much impact on retaining either.

both are young and pretty cheap

not sure if the supplemental draft picks have the same rules as the regular draft but if they do then Gordon would be cheap for 2 more years.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I'd trade for Josh Gordon, then make him live with his parents.

Problem solved.

Rausch
09-23-2013, 11:38 AM
picking up Gordon or Little shouldn't have much impact on retaining either.

If we pick up NO ONE we have choices to make next year...

MotherfuckerJones
https://twitter.com/johntelich8/stat...49344737288192

@JohnTelich8: Hearing Skins and Chiefs interested in Little and Gordon #nfl #browns

Mav
Feel ya, just comparing equal situations...

The one huge difference is that John Elway made this pick, John Fox made this pick. They both are on the hook for this guy.

Josh Gordon, was a Tom Heckert pick, who Michael Lombardi sat on NFLN torching the Cleveland front office for drafting.

Lombardis dick is so small that he has to get rid of any player he didn't like,

(weeden, TRich, Gordon all guys he torched while an analyst) while getting guys he pimps. (wanted Mallet, Brian Hoyer, Paul Kruger, Desmond Bryant) to make him self look more credible as the GM.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 11:39 AM

@JohnTelich8: Hearing Skins and Chiefs interested in Little and Gordon #nfl #browns

Shit just got real

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 11:39 AM

In that order? Skins = Little and Chiefs = Gordon?

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Getting Gordon would be huge for this offense. Avery is a nice weapon....but he's not enough to take heat off of Bowe. You put Gordon at #2.....and Bowe starts seeing single coverage. Avery works the slot and McCluster gets the fuck off of the field/team.

Mav
I'd trade for Josh Gordon, then make him live with his parents.

Problem solved.

The issue is, that Browns aren't going to trade him for less than a first. And shouldn't after yesterday. The Chiefs cant trade their second or third until the Chiefs either win or lose more than 8.

RealSNR
AJ Jenkins for Josh Gordon straight up? :evil:

The Franchise
The issue is, that Browns aren't going to trade him for less than a first. And shouldn't after yesterday. The Chiefs cant trade their second or third until the Chiefs either win or lose more than 8.

ROFL

Gordon for a 1st.

MotherfuckerJones
In that order? Skins = Little and Chiefs = Gordon?

Not sure. I asked him but he didn't respond

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:41 AM
AJ Jenkins for Josh Gordon straight up? :evil:

im gonna beat you to death with my hate stick mister. :harumph:

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:41 AM
The one huge difference is that John Elway made this pick, John Fox made this pick. They both are on the hook for this guy.

Josh Gordon, was a Tom Heckert pick, who Michael Lombardi sat on NFLN torching the Cleveland front office for drafting.

Lombardis dick is so small that he has to get rid of any player he didn't like,

(weeden, TRich, Gordon all guys he torched while an analyst) while getting guys he pimps. (wanted Mallet, Brian Hoyer, Paul Kruger, Desmond Bryant) to make him self look more credible as the GM.

Yeah. I think we'll dance with the girl we brung.

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:42 AM
ROFL

Gordon for a 1st.

Again. Did you see what a difference he made yesterday? Hes the only young talent really on the Browns offense.

If they are going to trade him, it better be for a first. The team wont win another game if they trade him. hes that much better than every other receiver on the team.

Rausch
Getting Gordon would be huge for this offense. Avery is a nice weapon....but he's not enough to take heat off of Bowe.

So far he seems to be doing fine.

And Bowe being targeted doesn't have to do with him getting open this year.

You put Gordon at #2.....and Bowe starts seeing single coverage. Avery works the slot and McCluster gets the **** off of the field/team.

I'm worried we'll do something fucking stupid like make room by dumping a productive guy on D...

RealSNR
If it got us the fuck rid of McCluster, I'd trade him and a 1st to Cleveland for Gordon.

As long as the Browns also threw in Tori Gurley.

loochy
09-23-2013, 11:43 AM
If they are going to trade him, it better be for a first. The team wont win another game if they trade him. hes that much better than every other receiver on the team.

It looks like that's what they are trying for...

vailpass
09-23-2013, 11:45 AM

As opposed to the 2 they'll win if they keep him?

Dayze
see, now THIS is a team who knows how to suck bad enough to get a player they want at #1.

RealSNR
When the Chiefs went 2-14 under Herm, weren't the Vikings one of the only teams we beat?

God, even though they've won playoff games far more recently, I'm kind of glad not to be a Vikings fan

Canofbier
09-23-2013, 11:47 AM
When the Chiefs went 2-14 under Herm, weren't the Vikings one of the only teams we beat?

God, even though they've won playoff games far more recently, I'm kind of glad not to be a Vikings fan

Vikings? You may be in the wrong thread, friend.

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:48 AM
If it got us the **** rid of McCluster, I'd trade him and a 1st to Cleveland for Gordon.

As long as the Browns also threw in Tori Gurley.

Hes on the practice squad. You can claim him any time you want for nothing.

Fat Elvis
Give them Jenkins, a 4th and note explaining to them that they owe us for sending Haley to the Stoolers.

saphojunkie
Again. Did you see what a difference he made yesterday? Hes the only young talent really on the Browns offense.

He had a fifty yard touchdown on blown coverage. He wasn't Megatronnig fools.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2013, 11:49 AM
see, now THIS is a team who knows how to suck bad enough to get a player they want at #1.

Yet the dumbasses went out and won this week.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Also the great almighty Alex Smith trade is fucking the Chiefs again. We essentially have no second or third round pick right now.

Mav
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah, and then went out yesterday and won. They are dumb.....and no, im not being sarcastic
As opposed to the 2 they'll win if they keep him?
They will win more than 2, they still have to play the Steelers twice, and Jax.
He had a fifty yard touchdown on blown coverage. He wasn't Megatronnig fools.

Simplistic view. He had 10 catches. 146 yards. His real value was getting double coverage off Jordan Cameron.......

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Also the great almighty Alex Smith trade is fucking the Chiefs again. We essentially have no second or third round pick right now.

It's pretty much a 2nd at this point. We would have to catastrophically fuck up to not win 8 games this season.

Saccopoo
09-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Also the great almighty Alex Smith trade is ****ing the Chiefs again. We essentially have no second or third round pick right now.

Jesus H. Christ...

Really?

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Vikings? You may be in the wrong thread, friend.

No, I say it because the Vikings lost to the Browns yesterday, another team who figures to finish out around 2-14 or so.

The Vikings just have a history of accounting for half of another team's wins.

I suppose it's not as bad as putting the 1 in the 1-15 San Diego Chargers, but the Vikings have done this shit twice now in recent times. That loss to the Chargers was over 10 years ago for us

Fairplay
09-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Jenkins for Gordon

gblowfish
09-23-2013, 11:54 AM
They won't trade with us, because we're on their schedule. Why help a team you're going to play?

Canofbier
09-23-2013, 11:56 AM
No, I say it because the Vikings lost to the Browns yesterday, another team who figures to finish out around 2-14 or so.

Ah, of course. Not even AP is going to be able to carry them this year with the way their team is playing. If Freeman is truly up for grabs as some have suggested, I think the Vikings might be a sensible landing spot for him.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 11:57 AM
They won't trade with us, because we're on their schedule. Why help a team you're going to play?

I think Lombardi and Co. are looking towards the 2014 draft and don't care much about the consequences of trading to a team that's on their 2013 schedule.

That said, I'd only give up a Conditional 5th (that could become a 4th) for Gordon because of his off-field issues.

The guy faces a year suspension if he messes up again and that's just not worth a higher pick.

Fat Elvis

If you are trying to move a player anyway, and you are wanting to lose to get the #1 overall pick....

It is a win-win situation for both teams:hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
Ah, of course. Not even AP is going to be able to carry them this year with the way their team is playing. If Freeman is truly up for grabs as some have suggested, I think the Vikings might be a sensible landing spot for him.

Yeah, then they'd have a guy that throws interceptions further down the field.

RealSNR

I mean, the Browns are absolutely tanking the season. I'm sure they'd PREFER to trade Gordon to a non-divison team on their schedule this year

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah, then they'd have a guy that throws interceptions further down the field.

LMAO

It's just like a punt.

loochy
09-23-2013, 11:58 AM

That's only because they aren't using ol' Matty Football

nychief
09-23-2013, 11:59 AM

they want to lose and start again with bridgewater and tate.

BossChief
09-23-2013, 11:59 AM
I wonder if we can trade our third to Cleveland and just send the second to SF right now?

mcaj22
09-23-2013, 12:01 PM
I wonder if we can trade our third to Cleveland and just send the second to SF right now?

so then next years draft we watch our 1st pick on another offensive lineman then have to wait 5 days for our next pick woo hoo!

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:03 PM
so then next years draft we watch our 1st pick on another offensive lineman then have to wait 5 days for our next pick woo hoo!

A 3rd round pick for a player that could potentially figure to be just as successful as any of the WRs in the upcoming draft and is no older than any from the senior class?

Hell, bump our draft picks until the following Christmas. I don't care, I'll gladly take that.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I'd easily hand over a 3rd round pick for Gordon. Even better if it's a conditional 4th.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I'd easily hand over a 3rd round pick for Gordon. Even better if it's a conditional 4th.

With the fact that one more mess up and he's suspended for a year?

-King-

ROFL You're fucked in the head.

RealSNR
Josh Gordon makes that TD catch on Thursday night that was whiffed on by midget Chad Hall. Guaranteed.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:07 PM

So we'd be out what? A 3rd round pick and his rookie salary? For the chance to give Smith another viable target? Yes, I would.

AndChiefs
09-23-2013, 12:07 PM

Why would they need him? They have Cassel over there waiting in the wings don't they?

:evil:

-King-
09-23-2013, 12:09 PM
A 3rd round pick for a player that could potentially figure to be just as successful as any of the WRs in the upcoming draft and is no older than any from the senior class?

Hell, bump our draft picks until the following Christmas. I don't care, I'll gladly take that.

This.

RealSNR

It's a risk, but I'd absolutely take a shot at it. He's currently cheap on the wallet, and he's just as good as probably any in this WR class for a 3rd round pick.

mcaj22

As good as the guy is he was in the supplemental draft for a reason. It is a gamble for sure that the guy stays clean. If you are willing to take those odds then yea go for it. He was by far the best player on the field for the Browns on Sunday with Brian Hoyer passing to him.

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Getting Josh Gordon to the Chiefs would be your worst night mares.

The Chiefs get him, and im done with the browns too.

Ill never leave this place.

RealSNR
We're probably going to spend our 1st or 3rd on a WR anyway, right?

Make it Gordon. His risks outweigh the learning curve for a rookie IMO.

BossChief

Yeah. Why not?

It's gonna be a bottom half third rounder anyway.

I just hope we aren't looking to trade for Little. That guy is trash.

vailpass

Yep.

HemiEd
09-23-2013, 12:12 PM
No.

This

Saccopoo
It's a risk, but I'd absolutely take a shot at it. He's currently cheap on the wallet, and he's just as good as probably any in this WR class for a 3rd round pick.

Bingo.

RealSNR
Getting Josh Gordon to the Chiefs would be your worst night mares.

The Chiefs get him, and im done with the browns too.

Ill never leave this place.
People only give you shit because you haven't been baptized a Chiefs fan in the waters of the Kauffman Stadium fountains yet.

Once you do that, you'll be like any other Chiefs fan on this place, and probably more popular than petegz28, CoMoChief, and Wickedson.

DaneMcCloud
So we'd be out what? A 3rd round pick and his rookie salary? For the chance to give Smith another viable target? Yes, I would.

I wouldn't mind having Gordon but not at that price. Conditional 5th is all I'd be willing to wager. The dude entered the NFL on probation and one more fuck up and he's gone for a year. He's 22 years old and I'd wager that there's a better chance he fucks up than stays clean.

Gordon accepted an athletic scholarship to play football for Baylor University. However on October 2010, during his sophomore year he and teammate Willie Jefferson were found asleep at a local Taco Bell. Police found marijuana in Jefferson’s car. Jefferson, who was driving, was kicked off the team due to it being his second violation, but Gordon was not suspended.

On July 2011, Gordon was suspended indefinitely by head coach Art Briles, for later failing a drug test and testing positive for marijuana.

In August 2011, Gordon transferred to Utah, where he sat out the 2011 season declaring too late for the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

On June 7, 2013, the NFL announced that Gordon will be suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to violating the drug policy.

Beef Supreme
09-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Meanwhile in the Browns front office:

"Screw this year, let's trade Richardson, stockpile some draft picks, and suck all the way to the first pick in the draft."

(Beat the Vikes)

"Crap, this can't be happening. Who else can we unload?"

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:14 PM
This

Gordon's hella cheap. That wouldn't stand in the way of re-signing any of our players in the least.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 12:14 PM

Getting REAL horny 4 gordy right now

ModSocks
09-23-2013, 12:15 PM
They keep talking about how they want to trade these players and build towards the future but.....aren't 22 year old, talented players suppose to be the future?

Rausch
09-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Yep.

YOU stay out of this...

mcaj22
09-23-2013, 12:16 PM
They keep talking about how they want to trade these players and build towards the future but.....aren't 22 year old, talented players suppose to be the future?

they have a GM that is equal to Scott Pioli in terms of ego/stupidity/making terrible moves

keg in kc
09-23-2013, 12:16 PM
I don't remember ever seeing a team do this before. Crazy.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Michael Lombardi is the closest thing the NFL has to Scott Pioli in the league right now.

The cognitive dissonance is truly impressive

Rausch
I wouldn't mind having Gordon but not at that price. Conditional 5th is all I'd be willing to wager. The dude entered the NFL on probation and one more **** up and he's gone for a year. He's 22 years old and I'd wager that there's a better chance he ****s up than stays clean.

Gordon accepted an athletic scholarship to play football for Baylor University. However on October 2010, during his sophomore year he and teammate Willie Jefferson were found asleep at a local Taco Bell. Police found marijuana in Jefferson’s car. Jefferson, who was driving, was kicked off the team due to it being his second violation, but Gordon was not suspended.

On July 2011, Gordon was suspended indefinitely by head coach Art Briles, for later failing a drug test and testing positive for marijuana.

In August 2011, Gordon transferred to Utah, where he sat out the 2011 season declaring too late for the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

On June 7, 2013, the NFL announced that Gordon will be suspended for the first two games of the 2013 season due to violating the drug policy.

So you're saying there could be some risk there...

Rausch
Michael Lombardi is the closest thing the NFL has to Scott Pioli in the league right now.

The cognitive dissonance is truly impressive

LMAO

Red Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:18 PM
What are we going to give for him? We don't even know what we are giving for Alex Smith this year (2nd, 3rd, 4th?). It would be stupid to give a first for Gordon. We know they aren't taking a 5th.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't mind having Gordon but not at that price. Conditional 5th is all I'd be willing to wager. The dude entered the NFL on probation and one more fuck up and he's gone for a year. He's 22 years old and I'd wager that there's a better chance he fucks up than stays clean.

Look at the staff and players that he would have around him here though.

Just keep him away from Hali and Houston and he'll be ok.

Mav
they have a GM that is equal to Scott Pioli in terms of ego/stupidity/making terrible moves

Don't forget, they also have Banner, the guy who was mostly to blame in the eagles going to shit when his ego took over and he kicked out heckert....

The Franchise
What are we going to give for him? We don't even know what we are giving for Alex Smith this year (2nd, 3rd, 4th?). It would be stupid to give a first for Gordon. We know they aren't taking a 5th.

It's either a 2nd or 3rd. 2nd if we win 8 games or more. 3rd if we don't.

-King-
09-23-2013, 12:20 PM

We should avoid him because he fell asleep at a taco bell? WTF? LMAO

ChiefsCountry

And Andy Reid's kids.

Red Gorilla
It's either a 2nd or 3rd. 2nd if we win 8 games or more. 3rd if we don't.

Yeah but, week 8 is past the trade deadline right?

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I don't see how the Browns are going to trade him and get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. The talent and youth is there.....but his off the field issues are going to kill his value.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:22 PM
And Andy Reid's kids.

He only has one kid now.

Too soon, bro.

Red Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't see how the Browns are going to trade him and get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. The talent and youth is there.....but his off the field issues are going to kill his value.

I bet San Francisco would give a second for him. Their window is closing and they need a guy who can separate badly. Plus, they know they'll probably get our second.

saphojunkie
09-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah but, week 8 is past the trade deadline right?

He means it's conditional.

Great Expectations
09-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Browns 'don't have plans' for any trades
by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(12:28 pm ET) Browns coach Rob Chudzinski refuted Monday the ESPN report the team is open to trading receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little.
"There are no plans, no issue," Chudzinski said. "It's all noise. We don't have plans of any trades."

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
It makes me think that they're just going to keep him. It was the same issue when Pioli was trying to trade Bowe. We needed a 1st round pick to make the trade worth it, but he wasn't worth that to any team due to his contract situation. His value to us for even one year was worth way more than the inferior draft pick.

Then again, this is Michael Lombardi we're talking about. When the market says "No thanks" to the Browns' asking price, he'll probably trade him anyway for the best bag of peanuts he can get.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
(12:28 pm ET) Browns coach Rob Chudzinski refuted Monday the ESPN report the team is open to trading receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little.
"There are no plans, no issue," Chudzinski said. "It's all noise. We don't have plans of any trades."

Yeah....that's why you targeted Gordon 19 times and put Little back to return kicks.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:26 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/37OWL7AzvHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:26 PM
He means it's conditional.

I understand. What I am saying is that we can't trade a 2nd or 3rd because we don't know which pick we'll have to give for Alex. We won't know before the trade deadline. In other words, we won't be able to trade for Gordon unless we give or 1st, 4th, 5th, or the two 6ths. Or, we could give a player but who?

Rausch
09-23-2013, 12:27 PM
This would be a plus 1 this year and negative 4 next year...

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Who's to say that we don't throw them a pick this year and a conditional pick in 2015 as well.

2014 4th
2015 conditional 3rd.

BossChief
09-23-2013, 12:30 PM

A team like NE, Wash, SF, KC or even Miami could benefit from adding Gordon.

Not sure NE would want to take on the risk after the image dent from Hernandez. Washington is still paying for RG3. Miami just invested half of fort Knox on Wallace and Hartline.

KC or SF make the most sense.

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah....that's why you targeted Gordon 19 times and put Little back to return kicks.

they targeted Josh Gordon because hes by far their best wide receiver. Hes better than Jordan Cameron who I really like by quite a bit.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Ooo. If Cleveland is selling the farm, Cameron would be nice to have.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:32 PM

I'd put money on Clark Hunt not wanting to take any "risk" players after last season.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:33 PM
We should avoid him because he fell asleep at a taco bell? WTF? LMAO

Clearly, you're unable to read

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:33 PM
If I were better at photoshopping, I'd make a picture of Lombardi in the backdrop of some shithole furniture store or used car lot and make him say, "Hi I'm crazy Mike and I'm crazy about selling my best players, so come on down!"

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I bet San Francisco would give a second for him. Their window is closing and they need a guy who can separate badly. Plus, they know they'll probably get our second.

LMAO

How is San Fran's "window closing"?

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:34 PM

Cameron, would be a great GREAT fit. I would almost bet though, that he is on the Joe Thomas level of untouchable. There literally is nothing behind him.....

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
LMAO

There is going to be a ton of Change in SF next year. Whitner and Rogers will be gone, as will Aso, Justin Smith is on his last legs, Frank Gore is almost done, Vernon is 30 boldin is done.

There window is not nearly as open as many think. Especially with the powerhouse that Seattle has built.

Red Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
LMAO

It's closing this year imo.

scho63
09-23-2013, 12:38 PM
I think owner Jimmy Haslam has big money problems and he is trying to find money anywhere he can.

His Flying J truck stops have had a major investigation by the FBI and IRS. There maybe a deal being made behind the scenes that will cost him a ton of money.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:39 PM

So, they'll need to revamp the entire roster?

What are you smokin'?

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I think owner Jimmy Haslam has big money problems and he is trying to find money anywhere he can.

His Flying J truck stops have had a major investigation by the FBI and IRS. There maybe a deal being made behind the scenes that will cost him a ton of money.

These moves are completely independent of the ongoing investigation.

Eleazar
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Not unless we have an extension. Receivers need to know the offense and won't be at all likely to walk in and contribute much this year - especially compared to what the asking price might be.

There is no reason to give up picks for either of them trying to boost ourselves into the playoffs this year. We dont even truly know what we have with this O yet

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:41 PM
There is going to be a ton of Change in SF next year. Whitner and Rogers will be gone, as will Aso, Justin Smith is on his last legs, Frank Gore is almost done, Vernon is 30 boldin is done.

There window is not nearly as open as many think. Especially with the powerhouse that Seattle has built.

Give me a break.

They'll have an extra second round pick, courtesy of the Chiefs. As long as they hit on a few players, they can add guys in free agency to compensate for any losses.

Their "window" is hardly closing.

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Give me a break.

They'll have an extra second round pick, courtesy of the Chiefs. As long as they hit on a few players, they can add guys in free agency to compensate for any losses.

You have to hit on those picks. As it looks right now, the past two drafts, have not been very good.

Yes, they clobbered the 2011 draft sort of. With Aldon Smith, and Kaepernick, but also, Culliver, hunter, bruce miller.

But the 2012 draft was not that impressive. And other than Eric Reid, and the potential of Lattimore, and Carridine, this one doesn't look much better.

Eleazar
09-23-2013, 12:44 PM
"Window" thinking is not the kind of thinking that you see in well run organizations like NE, PIT, BAL.

They reload rather than rebuild and it seems to work fine for them.

Rebuilding is what you do when you just got through failing at rebuilding, innit?

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:45 PM

His easiest way to money then would not be trading away Josh Gordon. There was nearly a revolt last week when they traded Richardson. Several season ticket holders threatening to boycott the games. The way to keep the fans interested to keep the money flowing, is showing that you aren't tanking the season, and was indeed just removing a cancer. Which the front office has done a great job of portraying him as since he left.

Mav
09-23-2013, 12:45 PM
"Window" thinking is not the kind of thinking that you see in well run organizations like NE, PIT, BAL.

They reload rather than rebuild and it seems to work fine for them.

Rebuilding is what you do when you just got through failing at rebuilding, innit?

0-3

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2013, 12:50 PM

Makes more sense than a WR since Smith doesn't throw to the really good one we have now.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Makes more sense than a WR since Smith doesn't throw to the really good one we have now.

"Bowe sucks at getting open!"

Red Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:53 PM

What are you smokin'?

No, I never said that. What are you talking about? They could use a guy like Gordon and can afford him because they are getting our pick. They need a guy that can go deep and separate. The formula on how to stop them is out and that's what's missing from last year.

Mav

Donny Avery didn't seem to have a problem on Thursday ROFL

Eleazar
0-3

and they have been in the postseason what, 8 of the last 10 seasons? Won two super bowls? Only one losing record in the last decade?

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2013, 12:54 PM

Amazing that Huard, Croyle, Thigpen, Cassel and Palko could find him but Alex "Win Now Franchise Quarterback" Smith can't.

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Amazing that Huard, Croyle, Thigpen, Cassel and Palko could find him but Alex "Win Now Franchise Quarterback" Smith can't.

They haven't run any clear out routes for him like they have for Avery.

Mav
and they have been in the postseason what, 8 of the last 10 seasons? Won two super bowls? Only one losing record in the last decade?

Had a losing record last year, and the year they got Big Ben. Gonna have one this year, and the offense is worse this year than last under Haley. They are very old on the defense as well right now.

Rausch

Your cap and league hatred caught up with you 6 months after you peaked.

It's cool.

It's why we're here...

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Donny Avery didn't seem to have a problem on Thursday ROFL

That's what I mean. Realistically we've invested quite a lot into these WRs. There's some talent there. Rarely are teams 3-4 big-time WRs deep. Average teams have only one. Really good teams have two. Exceptional teams have three or even four.

Bowe and Avery right now is a decent 1-2. If we want to achieve the level of WR play that some of these fans are talking about, we need to look at upgrading from those two players, which is kind of silly. We don't really stand much to gain from getting a better WR3 and WR4.

If WRs can't get open, then MAYBE just MAYBE we should do what ChiefsCountry says and investigate the player making the throwing decisions.

Red Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:57 PM

don't you mean....

"Sell house and trade Bowe so we can get a rookie QB and talk about it in the draft forum."

/true fan

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM

I can't believe I'm giving Smith the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he just needs time to develop chemistry with Bowe? All those other guys (except for Thigpen who would have been an HOFer if given the chance) knew they could just lob it up to Bowe and have a reasonable expectation of him bringing down the catch, even if the throw was awful. If Smith can learn to trust Bowe (and if Reid can trust Smith to take a few more risks), I think they can finally get the ball rolling. We might end up seeing a few INTs in the process, but frankly I'm willing to accept more turnovers if it means we can actually move the ball down the field on a regular basis. Especially with a defense capable of getting the ball right back whenever they damn well please.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Had a losing record last year, and the year they got Big Ben. Gonna have one this year, and the offense is worse this year than last under Haley. They are very old on the defense as well right now.

8-8 in 2012.

They're in need of a serious rebuild but losing Pouncey dashed all hope this season because he was their best offensive lineman.

Bump
09-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Gordon is a talented WR. I would be all over this if the price is right.

Eleazar
09-23-2013, 01:06 PM

Only on chiefsplanet do the steelers get cited as an example of a crappy organization that needs to stop what they've been doing and start being more like the chiefs or browns, because, did you see them last night?

:rolleyes:

Easy 6
09-23-2013, 01:17 PM
No.

I reeeally want to agree 100% here, but our receiving cupboard IS awfully bare, particularly now that our tight end group looks weak... it'd be awfully nice to give Axl another legit weapon.

Maybe we could do both?

chiefs1111
09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Don't know if it was posted anywhere yet but the Chiefs worked out Chris Rainey today

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/23/chris-rainey-works-out-for-the-chiefs-runs-in-the-low-4-3s/

saphojunkie
09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
I understand. What I am saying is that we can't trade a 2nd or 3rd because we don't know which pick we'll have to give for Alex. We won't know before the trade deadline. In other words, we won't be able to trade for Gordon unless we give or 1st, 4th, 5th, or the two 6ths. Or, we could give a player but who?

Oh. Well then...

Carry on.

BigCatDaddy
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
People only give you shit because you haven't been baptized a Chiefs fan in the waters of the Kauffman Stadium fountains yet.

Once you do that, you'll be like any other Chiefs fan on this place, and probably more popular than petegz28, CoMoChief, and Wickedson.

LMAO

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 01:24 PM
I can't believe I'm giving Smith the benefit of the doubt, but maybe he just needs time to develop chemistry with Bowe? All those other guys (except for Thigpen who would have been an HOFer if given the chance) knew they could just lob it up to Bowe and have a reasonable expectation of him bringing down the catch, even if the throw was awful. If Smith can learn to trust Bowe (and if Reid can trust Smith to take a few more risks), I think they can finally get the ball rolling. We might end up seeing a few INTs in the process, but frankly I'm willing to accept more turnovers if it means we can actually move the ball down the field on a regular basis. Especially with a defense capable of getting the ball right back whenever they damn well please.

NOW THAT'S A HOT TAKE!!!

saphojunkie
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Give me a break.

Their window for having a complete team with a dirt cheap QB is closing, that's for sure. They can't add too many guys in free agency. They have to keep space clear for Kaepernick, who will have to be resigned two years down the road.

Their offensive weapons are going to die off rapidly. Then they have to worry about whether or not to re sign Crabtree.

It's not insane to think that they have a reckoning coming.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Their window for having a complete team with a dirt cheap QB is closing, that's for sure. They can't add too many guys in free agency. They have to keep space clear for Kaepernick, who will have to be resigned two years down the road.

Their offensive weapons are going to die off rapidly. Then they have to worry about whether or not to re sign Crabtree.

It's not insane to think that they have a reckoning coming.

I'm sorry, any team that's "saving" cap space for 2015, especially a team that was one series short of a Super Bowl win, is run like shit.

The 49ers can easily add missing pieces in the draft and free agency, just like every other NFL team. And furthermore, the cap is supposed to take a big leap by 2016.

The 49er should be concerned with today, not 2015.

CaliforniaChief
09-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I think our WR's will look a lot better once we fix our O-line issues, which I hope are issues of technique/execution and not talent.

Our running game, except ironically when the other team knew we had to run, has been non-existent. If we can run effectively and at least marginally improve our pass protection, our WR's won't look as bad.

I won't complain if we trade for Gordon..not at all. But I'm not sure that's where we're at right now.

Amnorix
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
So, hypothetically, would it be worth it to get rid of several good (potentially great) players, get some draft picks, and put yourself in a position to take what you think is one of those "once-in-a-generation" QBs? In this case, of course, presumably Manziel...

I don't know, but I think so. If it works, it's worth damn near anything to get a Peyton Manning, a Brady, etc.

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Only on chiefsplanet do the steelers get cited as an example of a crappy organization that needs to stop what they've been doing and start being more like the chiefs or browns, because, did you see them last night?

The Steelers DO need to stop what they're doing.

They need to stop having Todd Haley as their offensive coordinator.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM
So, hypothetically, would it be worth it to get rid of several good (potentially great) players, get some draft picks, and put yourself in a position to take what you think is one of those "once-in-a-generation" QBs? In this case, of course, presumably Bridgewater...

I don't know, but I think so. If it works, it's worth damn near anything to get a Peyton Manning, a Brady, etc.

FYP

HemiEd
09-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Gordon's hella cheap. That wouldn't stand in the way of re-signing any of our players in the least.

Good, then ship a pick to the Browns for him.

I think Rausch was just stating the priorities, that I agree with.

Albert's worth should be obvious to even the most casual observer, and we can only hope that our 1.1 Eric Fisher starts to get it soon. The word is out on Justin Houston and he is no longer under the radar.

Coogs
09-23-2013, 02:03 PM
If they really want to have a fire sale, see what their asking price would be for Gordon, Mack, and Cameron. Redskins always used to be in the Super Bowl hunt with minimal draft picks.

SAUTO
09-23-2013, 02:08 PM

What are you smokin'?

its black bob, what do you expect?

Armyofme
09-23-2013, 02:11 PM

You could use the same conditions in the trade...

If we win 8 games - SF gets 2nd and CLE gets 3rd
If we lose 8 games - SF gets 3rd and CLE gets 4th

It's basically trading the 3rd at this point.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Give them Jenkins, a 4th and note explaining to them that they owe us for sending Haley to the Stoolers.
ROFL

J Diddy
09-23-2013, 02:14 PM
You could use the same conditions in the trade...

If we win 8 games - SF gets 2nd and CLE gets 3rd
If we lose 8 games - SF gets 3rd and CLE gets 4th

It's basically trading the 3rd at this point.

There's a problem here. If you win 8 games, you also lose 8 games.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 02:17 PM

ROFL

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Bowe for Gordon and Little

*exit stage left*

http://s18.postimg.org/bc4suflxl/snagglepuss_exit_stage_left_2.jpg

DJ's left nut
09-23-2013, 02:21 PM

That's kinda where I keep ending up.

Smith has forced a ball or two into Bowe this year. In fact, the first 2 throws he made to Bowe last week were into tight windows - they weren't 'clearly open' throws by any stretch.

And Bowe dropped them both. I'm not sure if either were official 'drops', but they were both passes that hit his hands in traffic. Both would've brought first downs and neither got secured.

Alex Smith can look at tape all day, but right now I don't see how he can have a hell of a lot of trust in Dwayne Bowe. I suspect he'll develop it, but I can't kill him for not having it yet.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Bowe for Gordon and Little

*exit stage left*

http://s18.postimg.org/bc4suflxl/snagglepuss_exit_stage_left_2.jpg

Bowe's essentially untradeable for the next 2 seasons due to he acceleration of his signing bonus onto the cap.

Too much dead money to deal him.

Armyofme
09-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Details, details ;) You know what I mean... Whatever the details of the deal with the 49ers is... if the 49ers get the 2nd, the Browns get the 3rd.

MotherfuckerJones
09-23-2013, 03:24 PM
@evansilva: Adam Schefter on NFL Insiders RE: #Browns trading Josh Gordon: "I think if the right offer comes along, they would absolutely be willing."

Mav
09-23-2013, 03:41 PM
That's what I mean. Realistically we've invested quite a lot into these WRs. There's some talent there. Rarely are teams 3-4 big-time WRs deep. Average teams have only one. Really good teams have two. Exceptional teams have three or even four.

Bowe and Avery right now is a decent 1-2. If we want to achieve the level of WR play that some of these fans are talking about, we need to look at upgrading from those two players, which is kind of silly. We don't really stand much to gain from getting a better WR3 and WR4.

If WRs can't get open, then MAYBE just MAYBE we should do what ChiefsCountry says and investigate the player making the throwing decisions.
I don't disagree with the 1, and 2. They need a reliable Slot guy. A 3rd down guy. maybe Davone Bess could be had for cheap. It is awesome to have a possession guy on third down that you can rely on. That is really what is missing.

The steelers have longevity of being phenomenally adept at reloading, instead of rebuilding. Getting rid of Bruce Arians, was beyond a horrid decision. Replacing Arians, with Todd Haley, is the most brain dead decision I have seen in a long time. Their oline is atrocious. They cant run the ball, Ben looks like a rookie, and their secondary is very very suspect now. Im only talking about the current state of the steelers. They are not good.
The Steelers DO need to stop what they're doing.

They need to stop having Todd Haley as their offensive coordinator.

Winner. Replacing Bruce Arians, with Todd Haley. Ultimate fail of the past 5 years.

MoreLemonPledge
09-23-2013, 04:06 PM
I said the Chiefs should look at Gordon a few days ago. He's a special talent who could thrive in this offense. If Donnie Avery can get almost 150 yards, Gordon could be a stud.

Valiant
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Well if you are banking on this year. Why not. 20years since our last play off win.

patteeu
09-23-2013, 05:36 PM
What about Greg Little?

Bowser
09-23-2013, 05:37 PM
@evansilva: Adam Schefter on NFL Insiders RE: #Browns trading Josh Gordon: "I think if the right offer comes along, they would absolutely be willing."

McCluster and a fourth.

Dunerdr
09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
What about Greg Little?

Shut up no one cares slutwhore!

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 05:41 PM

http://images.wikia.com/theevilliouschronicles/images/8/8a/Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Direckshun
09-23-2013, 05:47 PM
What about Greg Little?

http://images.wikia.com/theevilliouschronicles/images/8/8a/Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

LMAO

-King-
09-23-2013, 05:48 PM
What about Greg Little?

He's a drop machine. Hes what Derrick Johnson would be if DJ played WR.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-23-2013, 05:49 PM
McCluster and a fourth.

McCluster, Hemingway AND a 4th.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
09-23-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd give up a 1st for Josh Gordon.

-King-
09-23-2013, 05:51 PM

Whoa there cowboy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 05:55 PM
McCluster, Hemingway AND a 4th.
Posted via Mobile Device
i'm not sure Cleveland wants players.

Lombardi is a draft guy ... he wants picks

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 05:56 PM

You'd give up a first round pick for a 22 year old guy that's one infraction from being suspended for a year?

RealSNR
09-23-2013, 05:58 PM
That's kinda where I keep ending up.

Smith has forced a ball or two into Bowe this year. In fact, the first 2 throws he made to Bowe last week were into tight windows - they weren't 'clearly open' throws by any stretch.

And Bowe dropped them both. I'm not sure if either were official 'drops', but they were both passes that hit his hands in traffic. Both would've brought first downs and neither got secured.

Alex Smith can look at tape all day, but right now I don't see how he can have a hell of a lot of trust in Dwayne Bowe. I suspect he'll develop it, but I can't kill him for not having it yet.
I just hate seeing Bowe get his extension, and then be forced to play with a QB who gives him half the targets that he got in previous years.

He certainly got a lot of his stats playing with shit QBs. Now that he has a QB who isn't quite as shitty, sure, he could help himself by catching those tough balls in traffic, but he shouldn't have to depend so much on those ones he didn't catch.

I remember how people said Michael Crabtree was a turd and a bust of a WR for years. He had a good playoff game in 2011, and then the QB switch happened and he REALLY took off. I don't want it to be the reverse for Bowe. I don't want him to turn into Crabtree, and then everybody says, "See? He got paid and now he's a bum. Typical."

Lightrise
09-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I think Lombardi was shocked by the aggressiveness of Dorsey here. Dorsey deserves huge credit for shaking the roster to the core in order to jettison the confidence drag of all the losing. Dorsey may have just changed the entire approach to rebuilding that the copy cat league will migrate too. You snooze you lose. I wasn't thrilled with our draft but everything else has been superior. Lombardi wants options and at this point he's dug himself a big hole with the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if Norv Turner gets yet another try next season, in Cleveland. Deep throat in the parking garage in Cleveland.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
We're unlikely to get a better WR in the 1st round next year. Gordon is in his 2nd NFL season.

What's not to like?

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 06:02 PM
We're unlikely to get a better WR in the 1st round next year. Gordon is in his 2nd NFL season.

What's not to like?

LMAO

The fact that if he's busted by the league for violating policy, he's suspended for a year.

Dunerdr
09-23-2013, 06:09 PM
First round talent at second.... (Chokes on tongue) Third round price. Really though a fourth would be a steal because of his shitaztic history.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
suspension stuff drops the price at least a round or 2

2nd round pick drops to a 3rd or 4th imo

Chiefs using a 4th would be ok

MotherfuckerJones
09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
No way a first. At best a conditional fourth that increases to a third if he doesn't get into trouble this year. We won't have our second because we're likely winning 8 games.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2013, 06:19 PM
No way a first. At best a conditional fourth that increases to a third if he doesn't get into trouble this year. We won't have our second because we're likely winning 8 games.
a conditional pick would delay payment and allow us to avoid the Alex Smith pick commitment problem

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 06:21 PM

I mentioned Conditional 5th earlier in the thread and that's all I'd do for a guy teetering on the brink.

Lombardi's being smart, IMO. He's likely drafting a QB in the Top Five next year and with additional picks, he can pair said QB with a first round receiver, add a running back and other pieces later in the draft.

I'd rather hedge my bets on a "clean" #1 WR than a guy like Gordon, who could implode at any minute and further set the "plan" back.

Dunerdr
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM

I could live with this bowe and gordon outside avery the dumpoff slot man. Fasano and kelce and nasty Jamaal carrying the rock. Plug in alice smiffs brain into tbrays body. I just jimp.maybe the last parts too much but a guy can dream right?

Brando
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Offer a 6th and a letter recommendation from Chunt for Pioli .

patteeu
09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
He's a drop machine. Hes what Derrick Johnson would be if DJ played WR.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tony Gonzales was a drop machine too. He came around.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
LMAO

The fact that if he's busted by the league for violating policy, he's suspended for a year.

Same could have been said of Jared Allen.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Same could have been said of Jared Allen.

Jared Allen wasn't 22 years old.

Jared Allen's problem wasn't weed, it was alcohol.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, I bet they'd take a 2nd.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Of course they would but no one's foolish enough to offer a second round pick for a guy that's more likely than not to end up suspended for a year.

MotherfuckerJones
09-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Jared Allen wasn't 22 years old.

Jared Allen's problem wasn't weed, it was alcohol.

He was still in danger of a season suspension wasn't he?

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 06:37 PM

In danger? Yes. But in addition to the fact that Allen was 26 years old when traded, he had 72 million reasons to say sober.

Gordon has no such incentive.

HoneyBadger
09-23-2013, 06:38 PM

Don't use logic here... He won't understand it.

Mav
09-23-2013, 06:51 PM
That's what its going to take. Its he only way that he will be able to justify it to us fans. we know how good josh is.
suspension stuff drops the price at least a round or 2

2nd round pick drops to a 3rd or 4th imo

Chiefs using a 4th would be ok
Good luck with that. Yeah, hes a second round pick. Except, if he had been in a REGULAR draft, and not in the supplemental, he would of been a first round pick EASY.

No they wont. A first round pick is the only way. Its the position of strength for the Browns. A 22 year old game changer.

Great hands, big fast, great route runner.......

Lombardi would sell him for a first. I would too.

Dunerdr
09-23-2013, 06:59 PM
That's what its going to take. Its he only way that he will be able to justify it to us fans. we know how good josh is.

Good luck with that. Yeah, hes a second round pick. Except, if he had been in a REGULAR draft, and not in the supplemental, he would of been a first round pick EASY.

No they wont. A first round pick is the only way. Its the position of strength for the Browns. A 22 year old game changer.

1. Hes not an ace special teams gunner.
2. See previously mentioned suspension issues.
3 working against my argument-vikes got a 1st for harvin who is arguably the biggest game changer in the league, with more missed tackles in less games than anyone last season. But he didnt have these suspension issues.

Urc Burry
09-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Well considering we will be out of position to get a premier receiver like Lee or Watkins.. I'm not so against overpaying for Gordon. Yes it is a risk with his character concerns but I think it is worth it. He's on his rookie contract for what 2 more years? Our only other option would be someone like Maclin who is not going to come cheap

saphojunkie
09-23-2013, 07:10 PM

You're hilarious.

Draft RB third overall, sell him for late first. Yeah, Lombardi is a hardline negotiating GENIUS.

TambaBerry
09-23-2013, 07:13 PM
A first round pick to get a guy that would help our terrible offense in a year that seems like if we can score 20 plus points per game that we could win a super bowl. I'd give a first for this guy and not even think twice about it.

Mav
09-23-2013, 07:18 PM
You're hilarious.

Draft RB third overall, sell him for late first. Yeah, Lombardi is a hardline negotiating GENIUS.

Every one in the league was STUNNED that he got a first for him.

While I was irritated to say the least that they did trade him, but getting a first for a guy who was averaging 3.6 yards per carry?

Sorry, Lombardi won that trade. especially when you figure out that honestly, I don't think he is that much better than Ahmad Bradshaw.

Also Trent Richardson was not a Lombardi pick, and Lombardi hated the pick.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Don't use logic here... He won't understand it.

You're a fucking moron.

Are you telling us that Jared Allen's situation is exactly the same as Gordon's?

Did Jared Allen enter the NFL on probation? Did Jared Allen miss two games for violating the leagues substance policy his rookie season?

Shut the fuck up, Dumbass.

HoneyBadger
09-23-2013, 07:36 PM
You're a ****ing moron.

Are you telling us that Jared Allen's situation is exactly the same as Gordon's?

Did Jared Allen enter the NFL on probation? Did Jared Allen miss two games for violating the leagues substance policy his rookie season?

Shut the **** up, Dumbass.

You have the biggest anger issues I have ever witnessed. It's pathetic. Enjoy that heart attack you'll give yourself, no one will miss you.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
You have the biggest anger issues I have ever witnessed. It's pathetic. Enjoy that heart attack you'll give yourself, no one will miss you.

Anger?

LMAO

Pointing out dumbassery has nothing to do with anger, Dummy.

HoneyBadger
09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Anger?

LMAO

Pointing out dumbassery has nothing to do with anger, Dummy.

No one said they were the exact same. He was just pointing out that Jared Allen just had off the field issues too.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 07:45 PM
No one said they were the exact same. He was just pointing out that Jared Allen just had off the field issues too.

Any that's relevant how?

Santonio Holmes is a better comparison. And he was traded for a fifth rounder.

Iowanian
09-23-2013, 07:47 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSufxwu2EI1S0fK-Mp9iJ9VtYj_in8w_8TQgL_2Bax4xGtMhuIGVA

HoneyBadger
09-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Any that's relevant how?

Santonio Holmes is a better comparison. And he was traded for a fifth rounder.

You said that Gordon could be suspended a year if he is in trouble. JAllen would have been suspended a year if he got in trouble for drinking again.

They may not get suspended for the same reason, but the outcome would be the same.

That is the comparison that was being made. The outcome.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 09:11 PM
That is the comparison that was being made. The outcome.

Actually, it wasn't. It was question, not a statement.

You made the leap, not me or him.

Oh, and no team is giving up a 1st and two 3rd's for Gordon.

BossChief
09-23-2013, 10:04 PM
I don't understand how Godell can legally put Gordon on probation for things that were done before he was employed by the NFL.

Not just Gordon, either. Any player.

salame
09-23-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't understand how Godell can legally put Gordon on probation for things that were done before he was employed by the NFL.

Goodell has a full retard button that he loves to push

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2013, 10:28 PM

It must be part of the CBA

SAUTO
09-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh, and no team is giving up a 1st and two 3rd's for Gordon.
This. I feel the same as I felt about Harvin about this dude
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Getting Gordon would be huge for this offense. Avery is a nice weapon....but he's not enough to take heat off of Bowe. You put Gordon at #2.....and Bowe starts seeing single coverage. Avery works the slot and McCluster gets the **** off of the field/team.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Chiefshrink
09-23-2013, 11:21 PM

In a heartbeat ! Love the guy ! He is a man amongst boys when competing for the ball but a boy amongst men when off the field. But the real question is would Alex throw to him downfield ? I mean it better be a check down throw:D

Mav
09-24-2013, 12:28 AM

He failed a drug test last year, and then got busted for Codeine in the offseason.
In a heartbeat ! Love the guy ! He is a man amongst boys when competing for the ball but a boy amongst men when off the field. But the real question is would Alex throw to him downfield ? I mean it better be a check down throw:D

He gets such ridiculous separation, alex smith would love him. And, he is great at taking short passes as well.

Luckily, hes not going anywhere.

MotherfuckerJones
09-24-2013, 02:12 AM
He failed a drug test last year, and then got busted for Codeine in the offseason.

He gets such ridiculous separation, alex smith would love him. And, he is great at taking short passes as well.

Luckily, hes not going anywhere.

He'll go somewhere if the price is right. Wish we knew the asking price.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-07-2013, 02:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Browns aren&#39;t shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%2349ers&amp;src=hash">#49ers</a>. They&#39;d like a 2nd rounder in return</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/387311283961614336">October 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2013, 02:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%2349ers&amp;src=hash">#49ers</a>. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/387311283961614336">October 7, 2013</a></blockquote>

Done! Oh shit..... nevermind.

Bowser
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Done! Oh shit..... nevermind.

That's OUR second rounder! Shit! :banghead:

MotherfuckerJones
10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Give em a 3 this year and 2 next year

MotherfuckerJones
10-07-2013, 02:47 PM
That's OUR second rounder! Shit! :banghead:

It is indeed cotton

the Talking Can
10-07-2013, 03:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Browns aren't shopping their stars. But they have talked to teams about Josh Gordon, including <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%2349ers&amp;src=hash">#49ers</a>. They'd like a 2nd rounder in return</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/387311283961614336">October 7, 2013</a></blockquote>

nice, we bought Gordon for them...

Dunerdr
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Oour team plus gordon and the o line playing at a medium level equals secks.

Urc Burry
10-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I would give up a 2015 2nd rounder without thinking twice. And that's with his character concerns. This guy is a STUD... future top 5 receiver IMO

Mr. Laz
10-07-2013, 03:47 PM
It is indeed cotton

that's rad!

O.city
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Maybe give them our first?

Mr. Laz
10-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Maybe give them our first?
Isn't the dude one joint away from a full season suspension?

O.city
10-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Probably.

But if we are thinking about taking a wr int he first next year, would we be able to get one as good as him?

I have no clue

TambaBerry
10-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I would take him instantly, move bowe inside to the slot more, have gordon and avery on the outside and OMG guise we could have a legit passing attack.

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2013, 04:10 PM

Yes

Dunerdr
10-07-2013, 04:14 PM
I would take him instantly, move bowe inside to the slot more, have gordon and avery on the outside and OMG guise we could have a legit passing attack.

Real recieving threat boner!

saphojunkie
10-07-2013, 04:17 PM
I would trade them our first for Gordon and their second. ****ers will probably only be 10 picks apart, anyway.

Sure-Oz
10-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Wouldn't matter, Alex won't look at Gordon unless he's down the middle or in the slot.

threebag
10-07-2013, 05:47 PM
busted for Codeine in the offseason.

Sizzurp?

Nightfyre
10-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I would trade them our first for Gordon and their second. ****ers will probably only be 10 picks apart, anyway.

Id do this all day everday.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Adding a WR might be the difference between a playoff win or one and done. Now what?

RealSNR
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Our 3rd plus AJ Jenkins

MotherfuckerJones
10-07-2013, 07:05 PM
We need to find A WR

chop
10-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Adding Gordon and getting Fasano and Kelce back would potentially make this offense really good. I know it won't happen but it is nice thinking about it.

BigCatDaddy
10-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Bray will utilize him nicely.

Anyong Bluth
10-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Maybe not, but of any season I can recall in my 30+ years as a Chiefs fan, a big splash trade during the season, this honestly is the 1st time in a long long time or maybe ever that I could see them making a move provide some instant upgrade to the offense and really make a charge for winning the whole enchilada.

thabear04
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Give the Browns our 3rd pick for Gordon.