09-24-2013, 02:04 AM
He is on pace for:

474 completions

650 attempts

6,096 yards

64 TDs

0 INT

21 sacks

Denver is on pace to have four players go over 1,000 yards receiving.

How the hell do we stop this juggernaut?

Chiefspants
09-24-2013, 02:05 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Justin_Houston_%28cropped%29.jpg/200px-Justin_Houston_%28cropped%29.jpg

AlexSmithDynasty
09-24-2013, 02:07 AM

He's 37 years old and has never been fleet of foot. You want to stop him, hit his old ass.

CrazyPhuD
09-24-2013, 02:09 AM
You forgot one broken neck.

Marcellus
09-24-2013, 03:51 AM
Glad to see he is getting huge stats now because you know he cant maintain that pace.

Stalker
09-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Come the end of the season watch how he starts to tire, I saw it in the Baltimore playoff game when he threw a pass short and he looked utterly shattered. This is the problem Denver face, not wearing him out before the play offs. Once you break your neck, you will never get the same amount of usage out of the neck as before.

Stalker
09-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Glad to see he is getting huge stats now because you know he cant maintain that pace.

Exactly, his neck and age won't allow it.

Wikipedia - In May 2011, he underwent neck surgery to alleviate neck pain and arm weakness he dealt with during the previous few seasons before signing

That arm weakness will be be showing up again sometime in December

threebag
09-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Come the end of the season watch how he starts to tire, I saw it in the Baltimore playoff game when he threw a pass short and he looked utterly shattered. This is the problem Denver face, not wearing him out before the play offs. Once you break your neck, you will never get the same amount of usage out of the neck as before.

big nasty kcnut?

dannybcaitlyn
09-24-2013, 05:17 AM
You have to disrupt the timing of the offense. The Raider were free releasing the receivers off the line and Peyton was eating them up. I would jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage and send heavy pressure at the QB.

ChiefGator
09-24-2013, 05:22 AM
So.. our strategy is that he might get a little tired by the end of the season.. and then.. make a mistake?

CupidStunt
09-24-2013, 05:44 AM
No sense in pretending Manning isn't the absolute boss, but they have faced an overrated, soft schedule so far. And it doesn't get harder this week, at least from an offensive perspective (at home against the Eagles). Offensively, they're going to break a lot of records with the way Manning's playing and the defenses they face this year.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 05:56 AM
So.. our strategy is that he might get a little tired by the end of the season.. and then.. make a mistake?

Heh. That won't be your staff's strategy. That's gonna be a good game.

FlaChief58
09-24-2013, 06:02 AM
That's gonna be a good game.

Alex Smiff
09-24-2013, 06:03 AM
No sense in pretending Manning isn't the absolute boss, but they have faced an overrated, soft schedule so far. And it doesn't get harder this week, at least from an offensive perspective (at home against the Eagles). Offensively, they're going to break a lot of records with the way Manning's playing and the defenses they face this year.

So have the Chiefs.

Manning is a boss...I think he may have some trouble with the Chiefs but I don't think the Chiefs will be able to go TD for TD against him.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 06:03 AM

?

MTG#10
09-24-2013, 06:15 AM
?

I think he did that because he knows it's not going to be a good game and assumed you were mocking him. I don't think it will be either, and I'll be happy if we can keep it within 14.

Bewbies
09-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Heh. That won't be your staff's strategy. That's gonna be a good game.

I wonder if we do the Romeo thing and blanket the field with coverage, or if we man up and go after him?

vailpass
09-24-2013, 06:17 AM
I think he did that because he knows it's not going to be a good game and assumed you were mocking him. I don't think it will be either, and I'll be happy if we can keep it within 14.

Thanks. Not mocking anyone. I'm looking forward to a classic match up of O vs. D.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 06:19 AM
I wonder if we do the Romeo thing and blanket the field with coverage, or if we man up and go after him?

With so much time before the game we have to see who is injured, who's playing well, etc.
Too early to tell imho.

FlaChief58
09-24-2013, 06:21 AM
?

At this point of the season, I'm having a hard time seeing anyone on your schedule that can beat you. For this, I hate all things dungver. Nothing personal

Eleazar
09-24-2013, 06:24 AM
It doesn't seem like blitzing Manning is usually effective because he's so good at reading the defense and making adjustments. You have to be able to cover all the downfield stuff and still manage to get pressure and stop the run without putting a lot of extra guys up front. Extra dbs almost all the time, perhaps.

Our offense has to be able to stay on the field and not disappear for 2 quarters and hang the defense out to dry.

We have a good defense, but we probably don't have the personnel in the secondary to expect to win apart from a shootout... imo

vailpass
09-24-2013, 06:24 AM
At this point of the season, I'm having a hard time seeing anyone on your schedule that can beat you. For this, I hate all things dungver. Nothing personal

Fair enough. I'm not taking anything for granted, there's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip.
I think kc's D is for real.

Rasputin
09-24-2013, 06:30 AM
What DJ does in my signature is a good way to start.

Boom Cha Ka

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-24-2013, 06:54 AM
What DJ does in my signature is a good way to start.

Boom Cha Ka

This.

Forehead skin hasn't faced the wrath of Houston,Hali and Poe. By week 10 he'll be having arm /shoulder issues from having to throw so much because his running backs suck dead donkey dicks. I look forward to the game. He won't stay on the pace he's on now.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 06:56 AM
This.

Forehead skin hasn't faced the wrath of Houston,Hali and Poe. By week 10 he'll be having arm /shoulder issues from having to throw so much because his running backs suck dead donkey dicks. I look forward to the game. He won't stay on the pace he's on now.

Maybe. The best receiving corps in the league helps though.

nychief
09-24-2013, 06:57 AM
long season and we aren't even at the quarter pole, lets all simmer on both sides.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 06:58 AM
long season and we aren't even at the quarter pole, lets all simmer on both sides.

Yes, way too early.
But it's nice to have the rivalry resumed in earnest.

Ace Gunner
09-24-2013, 07:06 AM
foey is going down come nov 17 & dec 2

the Chiefs win one of them.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Call me crazy, but it'd be nice just to beat the Raiders twice for once... let alone beating the top team in the league

BlackHelicopters
09-24-2013, 07:14 AM

That is plan A.

morphius
09-24-2013, 07:17 AM
That is plan A.
Plan B is counting on the weather...

Mr_Tomahawk
09-24-2013, 07:18 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Justin_Houston_%28cropped%29.jpg/200px-Justin_Houston_%28cropped%29.jpg

This.

CupidStunt
09-24-2013, 07:18 AM
So have the Chiefs.

Uhhhhhh, yeah, that really helps Manning's production. :spock:

Bearcat
09-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Yeah, but do you know who else hasn't thrown an interception?!

Bearcat
09-24-2013, 07:21 AM
That is plan A.

Plan A is denial... has been since he signed with the Broncos.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah, but do you know who else hasn't thrown an interception?!

LMAO

Canofbier
09-24-2013, 08:00 AM

God, he looks dangerous in that picture.

Sorter
09-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I don't think Peyton is an effective QB. He scores too quickly and tires out his own defense.

tredadda
09-24-2013, 08:09 AM
He is on pace for:

474 completions

650 attempts

6,096 yards

64 TDs

0 INT

21 sacks

Denver is on pace to have four players go over 1,000 yards receiving.

We stop him the same way teams always have. You hit him over, and over, and over again. Get him anxious in the pocket and he will make mistakes. Also shut down the run game to make them one dimensional. They become easier to defend when you only have to worry about the pass. Even then they will be tough, but they are not unbeatable.

Strongside
09-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Hit him enough times and put his ass in the dirt. He will crack. We've seen it before.

http://twinesandvines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/patriots-bill-belichick-rings.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Plan A is denial... has been since he signed with the Broncos.

Yeah that one and done last year was impressive

Fat Elvis
09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Manning is all about timing.

Go ahead and take a couple of late hit/roughing the passer penalties early in the game. Given how he is playing now, he would probably get those 15 yards anyway. Got to get inside his head and let him know that he is going to feel pain all throughout the game. He will have happy feet all throughout the rest of the game, throwing the ball before he wants to.

Punch the receivers in the mouth at the line of scrimmage. You have 5 yards; make them pay and disrupt their routes.

If he is throwing before he wants to because of the pressure/pain he is receiving, and the receivers aren't in their routes exactly when they need to be because they are spitting blood, the Donks aren't going anywhere.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Ban Chubby Checker from playing at Pile High

kcchiefsus
09-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Somebody needs to break his fucking neck.

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Go ahead and take a couple of late hit/roughing the passer penalties early in the game.
Punch the receivers in the mouth at the line of scrimmage.

So you want to cheat?

Fat Elvis
09-24-2013, 08:35 AM
So you want to cheat?

No. I want to play old school smashmouth football.

Talk of cheating from a Donkey fan is pretty great.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't think Peyton is an effective QB. He scores too quickly and tires out his own defense.

Not all the time... look at the 3rd quarter last night. They are sitting on a huge lead and I think the initial drive of the quarter 13 or so plays and over 6 minutes off the clock.

Denver had 3 drives in the 3rd ... for about 23 plays. Dominated the TOP, with Oakland having the ball for maybe 4 minutes.

Yes, they can score quickly, but I think you're seeing them trying to devour more of the clock compared to when he was younger. Part of their problem is that none of the RBs can be trusted to carry more than 9-10 times... they fumble too much and at critical times.

Sorter
09-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Not all the time... look at the 3rd quarter last night. They are sitting on a huge lead and I think the initial drive of the quarter 13 or so plays and over 6 minutes off the clock.

Denver had 3 drives in the 3rd ... for about 23 plays. Dominated the TOP, with Oakland having the ball for maybe 4 minutes.

Yes, they can score quickly, but I think you're seeing them trying to devour more of the clock compared to when he was younger. Part of their problem is that none of the RBs can be trusted to carry more than 9-10 times... they fumble too much and at critical times.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Loki-Facepalm-Gif-In-The-Avengers.gif

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 08:45 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Loki-Facepalm-Gif-In-The-Avengers.gif

Facepalm all you like...

Fritz88
09-24-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't think rushing the passer will work with him. Jeff Saturday said this morning that the best way to stop PM is to do what NE did back in the day. Drop guys in coverage, be vanilla, bend but don't break. That's what Romeo did with him last year as well. Jeff Saturday said that PM will pick almost all blitzes.

I agree with him.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 08:46 AM
15 and 1 and done

Sorter
09-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Facepalm all you like...

You're not truly this dense, are you?

FlaChief58
09-24-2013, 08:49 AM

It would appear that his sarcasm meter doesn't work at altitude

ThaVirus
09-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Whatever.

We have the personnel to do either one. We've shown that we're able to get decent pass rush with Poe and at least one of our LBs. If we're dropping a lot of guys back in coverage and just making Peyton a bit uncomfortable he may throw one up and allow our guys a chance at making a play.

philfree
09-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Got a get pressure with the front 3/4 and take Peyton out of rhythm then you have to disguise some timely blitzes that get home. You gotta get home or your toast. He can be rattled if he gets knocked around and sacked a couple times. To go along with that you have to put TDs on the board at the same time you are eating up clock. He looks unbeatable but he ain't.

whoman69
Stats are a bit skewed by the 7 TD game which is almost 60% his total.

GoChargers

Convince him that it's the playoffs already. He'll choke.

Canofbier
09-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Peyton Manning has two major assets that could mean trouble for any defense hoping to contain him:

http://i.imgur.com/Ugc6B.jpg
PEYTON WOMANNING, Y'ALL

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Hey, you know this place... people type crazy BS all the time that you think should be sarcasm but it's not.

FlaChief58
09-24-2013, 08:58 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Sw16FXp5ZJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM

oh god. :rolleyes:

Sorter
09-24-2013, 09:18 AM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/static/total_access/Saints.png

Obviously, alter for Levels as opposed to Tosser.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/static/total_access/Scorpion.png

Generally, principles like these.

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Why does Sorter have to be so arrogant?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9bEJz-HlK8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace Gunner
09-24-2013, 09:32 AM
They'll do a lot of nickel/dime defense with zone backside and guys like Catapano, Bailey and of course, Poe will rush Peyton. RC style, but they do have guys that can beat double-team block schemes.

Bearcat
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah that one and done last year was impressive

That's kind of my point... the goal posts won't stop moving unless they win a SB. People said he'd never be the same, didn't want him here, etc; then the 3-3 start with a new team after taking an entire year off somehow proved that... then winning 11 in a row with that new team after taking a year off was somehow completely dismissed after losing in double OT to the eventual SB champs. Then prior to this season, people were saying he's another year older, the Broncos' ceiling is ~11 wins, etc.

Looking forward to those two games... if the Chiefs defense can keep them in the first game or the offense can actually keep up, I might have to head to Arrowhead for the 2nd one.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:03 AM
That's kind of my point... the goal posts won't stop moving unless they win a SB. People said he'd never be the same, didn't want him here, etc; then the 3-3 start with a new team after taking an entire year off somehow proved that... then winning 11 in a row with that new team after taking a year off was somehow completely dismissed after losing in double OT to the eventual SB champs. Then prior to this season, people were saying he's another year older, the Broncos' ceiling is ~11 wins, etc.

Looking forward to those two games... if the Chiefs defense can keep them in the first game or the offense can actually keep up, I might have to head to Arrowhead for the 2nd one.

Several plays resulted in that Double OT loss... wasn't just Peyton's fault. The Ravens get paid too and as previously stated... they did go on the road in playoffs, ultimately winning the whole damn thing.

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Meaningless stats! I don't see what is so great about yards and points :shrug:

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Meaningless stats! I don't see what is so great about yards and points :shrug:

I dunno... there's a 100 yards or so of field, right? And, you gotta like move the ball towards that thing called an endzone where you like score points or something to ultimately win the game.

So, if you kinda suck at moving the ball and gaining yards... you kinda can't like score points and stuff, yeah?

:D

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
He's 37 years old and has never been fleet of foot. You want to stop him, hit his old ass.

You can't. Teams have tried every week for a decade. He's in your defensive huddle.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 10:10 AM

Not always true. And not what happened to him from a surgery perspective. Breaking a bone will typically make that bone stronger. In Peyton's case they fused some bones together so that changes what he can do to your point.

Molitoth
I dunno... there's a 100 yards or so of field, right? And, you gotta like move the ball towards that thing called an endzone where you like score points or something to ultimately win the game.

So, if you kinda suck at moving the ball and gaining yards... you kinda can't like score points and stuff, yeah?

Get that nonsense out of here, we like to keep it close around these parts.

Red Gorilla

Especially when it's cold. He doesn't like it cold. To win the Superbowl, he'll probably have to win three cold games and that ain't going to happen.

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Also, I don't know about 64 TDs, but I have no doubt that he'll at least break the single season TD mark. Maybe even by one or two. But it won't be 64.

Quesadilla Joe
09-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Especially when it's cold. He doesn't like it cold. To win the Superbowl, he'll probably have to win three cold games and that ain't going to happen.

Peyton had 300 yards, 3 TD's and 1 pick at the end of the 4th quarter against Baltimore in the playoffs, him being terrible in the cold is a myth.

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 10:19 AM
You can't. Teams have tried every week for a decade. He's in your defensive huddle.

So how did the neck injury happen?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Peyton had 300 yards 3 TD's and 1 pick at the end of the 4th quarter against Baltimore in the playoffs, him being terrible in the cold is a myth.

9 one and dones says otherwise

O.city
To beat them, a team will have to have 3 good cbs, a safety that can cover a te and a fierce pass rush.

Don't see much of that out there

vailpass
Also, I don't know about 64 TDs, but I have no doubt that he'll at least break the single season TD mark. Maybe even by one or two. But it won't be 64.

Yeah 64 is an obscene number

Pasta Little Brioni
Peyton had 300 yards 3 TD's and 1 pick at the end of the 4th quarter against Baltimore in the playoffs, him being terrible in the cold is a myth.

Why are you posting anyway?

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2013, 10:21 AM

Sarcasm meter, sir. Check it.

Although based on a few dumbasses here I can see why you think that might be a serious post.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 10:21 AM
To beat them, a team will have to have 3 good cbs, a safety that can cover a te and a fierce pass rush.

It's out there though. On the North West Coast..."our same old friend that we laughed about."

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 10:22 AM

Hmmm. Wonder who has that. Hint: You don't have to look far.

O.city
09-24-2013, 10:24 AM

I think the chiefs defense is close, but I don't think we have the corners. 2 of 3 but dunta ain't cutting it.

Were gonna have to get pressure with 3 or 4 guys

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2013, 10:28 AM
The best bet is shitty cold December/Jan weather. He is getting older and can't handle it, not that he was ever great with it anyways. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on a football field at the end of the game against the Ravens. Same shit happened to Favre once a cold weather machine, he looked miserable when the Giants went into GB and kicked his ass that last year.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Honestly, he needs to pass less... the ground game will be their downfall at some point when it matters, the guys can't hold on to the damn ball.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Honestly, he needs to pass less... the ground game will be their downfall at some point when it matters, the guys can't hold on to the damn ball.

They ran well last night but Montee Ball is going to work himself off the team if he can't hold on to it.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
They ran well last night but Montee Ball is going to work himself off the team if he can't hold on to it.

He's a rookie. He'll learn.

Mav
09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
What, DEFENSE have they faced?

The Giants are no bodies, the Raiders are no bodies, and the Ravens are suspect.

Call me when they beat someone with a defense.........And no, philly doesn't count they may hang half a hundred on them.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 10:41 AM

He had fucking better. Late game fumbles can cost a W.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 10:44 AM
What, DEFENSE have they faced?

The Giants are no bodies, the Raiders are no bodies, and the Ravens are suspect.

Call me when they beat someone with a defense.........And no, philly doesn't count they may hang half a hundred on them.

Two gay ass no huddle at all cost teams in the same game...Whooopeee :whackit: Trickery

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM

Maybe ... I just know that we have 3 guys that they can't trust to hold onto the damn ball. I liked the mix up they used, but once either of them gets near double digit carries - look out.

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM
I gotta admit, Peyton looks damn good. But I really feel like Manning and the Broncos haven't been tested really. I know that they can't help who they play...but the Giants, Raiders, and Ravens??? Ravens are the best team they have faced, and they're a shadow of their former self. The Giants are winless, and the Raiders are quite possibly the second worst team in the NFL (behind Jacksonville).

Now I know that the Chiefs haven't exactly lit up some great teams either. However, the Chiefs manhandled what was considered an unstoppable offense in Philly, and took care of business against a good Cowboys team. I still think this division is probably Denvers for the taking (unless the Chiefs start getting it together offensively). Denver really hasn't been tested yet IMO though.

philfree
09-24-2013, 10:54 AM
I think we need to hurt Peyton's feelings by beating the hell out of his little brother first.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
I gotta admit, Peyton looks damn good. But I really feel like Manning and the Broncos haven't been tested really. I know that they can't help who they play...but the Giants, Raiders, and Ravens??? Ravens are the best team they have faced, and they're a shadow of their former self. The Giants are winless, and the Raiders are quite possibly the second worst team in the NFL (behind Jacksonville).

Now I know that the Chiefs haven't exactly lit up some great teams either. However, the Chiefs manhandled what was considered an unstoppable offense in Philly, and took care of business against a good Cowboys team. I still think this division is probably Denvers for the taking (unless the Chiefs start getting it together offensively). Denver really hasn't been tested yet IMO though.

Agree. Would only add Denver isn't just winning, they are destroying.

FishingRod
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
To think they could have kept Tim Tebow

vailpass
09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
To think they could have kept Tim Tebow

Tebow made Elway vomit.

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Agree. Would only add Denver isn't just winning, they are destroying.

No doubt a quality you expect in a great team. This really is Denvers window to win. They are built to win now with Manning. Once Manning hangs it up, Denvers window will be shut. It's superbowl or bust for Denver.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 10:59 AM
No doubt a quality you expect in a great team. This really is Denvers window to win. They are built to win now with Manning. Once Manning hangs it up, Denvers window will be shut. It's superbowl or bust for Denver.

Always sb or bust, agreed.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM

The Cowboys are a decent team - they don't impress me (I live in Dallas and see/hear more about them than I care for). PHI... well, they had obviously been stopped prior to the KC game... by the Chargers, another 1-2 team.

As I said earlier, neither KC nor Denver has really been tested yet.

Mav
09-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Two gay ass no huddle at all cost teams in the same game...Whooopeee :whackit: Trickery

Yay!!!! They beat the Faiders at home. They have had two of three games on prime time tv, one they didn't deserve, (Ravens) and the second vs what will end up as a top 5 draft picking team at the end of the year.

Whoooo. PARADE!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Yay!!!! They beat the Faiders at home. They have had two of three games on prime time tv, one they didn't deserve, (Ravens) and the second vs what will end up as a top 5 draft picking team at the end of the year.

Whoooo. PARADE!!!!!!

I like the potential in you. Keep up the hate.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Whoooo. PARADE!!!!!!

Ratings are king, what can you do?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Anyone who stuck around listening to gay ass calls of Apple and Hurry all night is a weird cat.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Anyone who stuck around listening to gay ass calls of Apple and Hurry all night is a weird cat.

I enjoy seeing my team won, as I'm sure you do.

Mav
09-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Ratings are king, what can you do?

I understand that. I really do. Doesn't mean that some people cant keep perspective. Again, its not that what peyton is doing, isn't impressive. But, lets be completely honest. The combined records of your opponents, is the same as the Chiefs. 2-6...they have both played a defeated team, the only difference is that the Broncos have played two home games, against the Chiefs two road games.

It will be two amazing games.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2013, 11:15 AM
gotta disguise your defense

show one defense, do another

Know what Manning is going to do when he sees a certain coverage/blitz and have a plan for that

show as many schemes as you can that will lead manning to check to a run play

score enough points to keep the pressure on Denver's defense

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Always sb or bust, agreed.

The Chiefs had their window with the Vermiel era and that high flying offense with Trent Green and Co. Once Vermiel left, roaf retired, an that offense began to age, that window was suffice to say shut.

Some teams can prolong it. The steelers, (which are now experiencing their window closing), the patriots (who aren't the same team they've been), etc are not immune to this process. The Chiefs and Broncos of the 90's experienced similar highs and lows...

The Cowboys are a decent team - they don't impress me (I live in Dallas and see/hear more about them than I care for). PHI... well, they had obviously been stopped prior to the KC game... by the Chargers, another 1-2 team.

As I said earlier, neither KC nor Denver has really been tested yet.

Philly had easily their worst offensive game against the Chiefs. They were averaging 30 pts game through two games, and Vick passed for over 450 yards each game. Against the Chiefs, he barely threw for 200 yards (some of that coming during mop up time). Until the fourth QTR, the Eagles had only 9 points all game long. That was a great test for the Chiefs defensively at least.

I also think the Cowboys are a good team. They'll probably win a minimum of 10 games IMO. They're not great, but they're good. Incidentally, I think Dallas will provide the greatest test for the Broncos yet in week 5 for the Broncos. You play Philly next week, they should be a good test for your Defense (that is unless the Chiefs broke them for you ;))

salame
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
http://totalfratmove.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/8f1adf2e2adb32b0bf4c3908fb4a2e14579541343.png

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 11:31 AM
The Chiefs had their window with the Vermiel era and that high flying offense with Trent Green and Co. Once Vermiel left, roaf retired, an that offense began to age, that window was suffice to say shut.

Some teams can prolong it. The steelers, (which are now experiencing their window closing), the patriots (who aren't the same team they've been), etc are not immune to this process. The Chiefs and Broncos of the 90's experienced similar highs and lows...

Philly had easily their worst offensive game against the Chiefs. They were averaging 30 pts game through two games, and Vick passed for over 450 yards each game. Against the Chiefs, he barely threw for 200 yards (some of that coming during mop up time). Until the fourth QTR, the Eagles had only 9 points all game long. That was a great test for the Chiefs defensively at least.

I also think the Cowboys are a good team. They'll probably win a minimum of 10 games IMO. They're not great, but they're good. Incidentally, I think Dallas will provide the greatest test for the Broncos yet in week 5 for the Broncos. You play Philly next week, they should be a good test for your Defense (that is unless the Chiefs broke them for you ;))

I don't think the Eagles will be able to run on us effectively shutting down their offense. Vick, i think will be contained and his speed his about the same as several of the Denver linebackers.

Ace Gunner
09-24-2013, 11:34 AM
gotta disguise your defense

show one defense, do another

Know what Manning is going to do when he sees a certain coverage/blitz and have a plan for that

show as many schemes as you can that will lead manning to check to a run play

score enough points to keep the pressure on Denver's defense

ya, that's it. but they'll work out of 5,6 or more DB formations. I expect they will use Berry & Demps to blitz as well as Houston and the occasional Hali blitz.

2 - 3 - 6 dime pkg

1 - 3 - 7 twentybag pkg

Here's an interesting article that talks about NFL defensive trends with lots of usage stats;

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/04/11/fantasy-defensive-personnel-packages-–-part-1/

Quoted from the article;

The Jets

Easily the biggest outlier across the entire league is the Jets heavy usage of seven or more defensive backs. They go with seven backs on 17% of their plays, which is 15 percentage points higher than the next closest team. In fact, of the 250 snaps where seven or more defensive backs were on the field across the entire NFL in 2011, the Jets were responsible for 169 (68%). Although they used the 2-2-7 on a half dozen snaps, the Jets’ favorite seven-defensive-back formation was the 1-3-7. Only four teams had six or more defensive backs on the field more than the Jets in 2011.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM

There was a 'jungle' thrown in there too...

I'm waiting to hear things like "fartknocker" and "butt gravy"... maybe call out a player on defense. "... Poe - Fartknocker Fartknocker"

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't think the Eagles will be able to run on us effectively shutting down their offense. Vick, i think will be contained and his speed his about the same as several of the Denver linebackers.

I disagree with the Broncos shutting down their Running game. They put up over 200 yards on the ground against the Chiefs; which has a much better D than Denver. Before this game, the Chiefs were giving up about 2 yards per rush. Vick is a game changer, all it takes is him doing a fake hand off to McCoy and its off to the races. Vick still has wheels too. McCoy is also a bad ass. I was quite amazed at just how fast he can turn the corner. That guy has to be in the low 4.3's.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 11:52 AM
CHUEFS!!!!!

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 11:53 AM
I disagree with the Broncos shutting down their Running game. They put up over 200 yards on the ground against the Chiefs; which has a much better D than Denver. Before this game, the Chiefs were giving up about 2 yards per rush. Vick is a game changer, all it takes is him doing a fake hand off to McCoy and its off to the races. Vick still has wheels too. McCoy is also a bad ass. I was quite amazed at just how fast he can turn the corner. That guy has to be in the low 4.3's.

You know what helps neutralize an awesome ground attack?

A 14-21 point deficit on the scoreboard...

I fully recognize that the 1-2 Eagles have playmakers and it will be a challenge, but this is a team much like the Chiefs... working with a new coach and a new system and they haven't figured it all out yet.

They'll have some successes, but unless they stop ... pardon me, contain Manning - it likely won't matter.

tmax63
09-24-2013, 11:53 AM
You stop PM and most other QB's by hitting him. Vick had happy feet after DJ put him on his back early in the game. You put PM on his back several times and force him off his "spot". And you gotta go it without blitzing all the time. The same thing can happen.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 11:54 AM
You stop PM and most other QB's by hitting him. Vick had happy feet after DJ put him on his back early in the game. You put PM on his back several times and force him off his "spot". And you gotta go it without blitzing all the time. The same thing can happen.

Better do it quick...

vailpass
09-24-2013, 11:54 AM

Honest question: anyone know what Denver's run D is ranked?

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
I disagree with the Broncos shutting down their Running game. They put up over 200 yards on the ground against the Chiefs; which has a much better D than Denver. ahh...you don't, better in some areas, but we can make that claim too...but before you go too far down this road...check the stats Before this game, the Chiefs were giving up about 2 yards per rush. Vick is a game changer, all it takes is him doing a fake hand off to McCoy and its off to the races. Vick still has wheels too. I am a Virginia Tech Hokie, I am well aware of his speed...it ain't ten years ago McCoy is also a bad assHe'll get some yards, but he won't get the yards he's been getting...probably nowhere close. I was quite amazed at just how fast he can turn the corner. That guy has to be in the low 4.3's.

Responses in bold

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Honest question: anyone know what Denver's run D is ranked?

#1 rush defense
#30 pass defense

Overall, average so far... but lots of new faces too. And, while they've given up some big plays, it's nothing that has killed them and there is a lot of talented upside.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
#1 rush defense
#30 pass defense

Serious?

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Let me put it another way. The Raiders were the number rush O in the league until last night...now they're like 12th.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 11:59 AM
#1 rush defense
#30 pass defense

Overall, average so far... but lots of new faces too. And, while they've given up some big plays, it's nothing that has killed them and there is a lot of talented upside.

You taking out the garbage time numbers?

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Let me put it another way. The Raiders were the number rush O in the league until last night...now they're like 12th.

Depends on the stat I guess... yards per game, they're #3 per ESPN.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:01 PM
You taking out the garbage time numbers?

Like I have the time to do that... I figure if you keep it all in there for all the teams, it evens out overall.

FishingRod
Tebow made Elway vomit.

Well it took nearly 30 years but, John and I now have something in common

vailpass

Yeah that's what I was thinking...

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Well it took nearly 30 years but, John and I now have something in common

May the trend continue and you bang a hot cheerleader

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Depends on the stat I guess... yards per game, they're #3 per ESPN.

3rd is right. I was looking at total O

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:04 PM
3rd is right. I was looking at total O

I'm not saying they've been constantly tested but the run D has looked good.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 12:05 PM

Yes, it has.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Yeah, overall the defense has had more good moments than bad.

Like last year, I think we give up too many big plays - even if it's garbage time. I like the hitting they're doing and the attacking at the line, that's different. They get to the ball quicker.

There's a lot of good with these young guys and DRC has been solid.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Yes, it has.

Word for objectivity.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, overall the defense has had more good moments than bad.

Like last year, I think we give up too many big plays - even if it's garbage time. I like the hitting they're doing and the attacking at the line, that's different. They get to the ball quicker.

There's a lot of good with these young guys and DRC has been solid.

That long td pass where the two db's collided last night had me pissing in the pool. Can't have that.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Word for objectivity.

They have been better than I thought without Mr. Lohan. Most of the scores have been garbage time.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:10 PM
They have been better than I thought without Mr. Lohan. Most of the scores have been garbage time.

Could you please loan us Mr. Houston for the season?

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 12:13 PM

The best defense is a good offense...especially when the other team you're playing is one dimensional. When you go up 21-0 in the first half, running kinda becomes moot.

MagicHef
09-24-2013, 12:15 PM

I've really been impressed by Trevathan.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Yeah, his TD return was greatness... oh wait. :eek: I'll always remember that moment.

Chiefspants
09-24-2013, 12:17 PM

The dude can celebrate a touchdown with the best of them.

MagicHef
09-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, his TD return was greatness... oh wait. :eek: I'll always remember that moment.

Ha, yeah. Other than a touch of the Hollidays, he's played very well though, blitzing, covering and in run D.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Ha, yeah. Other than a touch of the Hollidays, he's played very well though, blitzing, covering and in run D.

He's a fierce little fucker, no question.

DaWolf
09-24-2013, 12:33 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/11/4710566/peyton-manning-madden-giants

Titty Meat
09-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Peyton Manning

Direckshun
09-24-2013, 01:10 PM
There's not a whole lot the Chiefs can do, even if we do play our best defense.

The height of the Bob Sutton/Rex Ryan defense was during the Mark Sanchez playoffs years, and the defense was only able to slow down Manning for one half. By the time Manning figured out what the defense was doing, he absolutely obliterated the Jets in the second half.

We just have to hope that our defense is THAT MUCH BETTER than those Jets defenses.

As of now, we have a really great defense, but it's not that much better than those elite Jets defenses.

Titty Meat
09-24-2013, 01:18 PM

The height of the Bob Sutton/Rex Ryan defense was during the Mark Sanchez playoffs years, and the defense was only able to slow down Manning for one half. By the time Manning figured out what the defense was doing, he absolutely obliterated the Jets in the second half.

We just have to hope that our defense is THAT MUCH BETTER than those Jets defenses.

As of now, we have a really great defense, but it's not that much better than those elite Jets defenses.

He's 37 beat the piss out of him Like the Chargers were able to do all those times.

BigCatDaddy
09-24-2013, 01:19 PM
He's 37 beat the piss out of him Like the Chargers were able to do all those times.

Yep, slam his ass on a frozen field a few times things will change.

listopencil
09-24-2013, 01:21 PM
God, he looks dangerous in that picture.

To be honest he does look scary.

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Responses in bold
ahh...you don't, better in some areas, but we can make that claim too...but before you go too far down this road...check the stats

The chiefs have given up THREE TD's through three games. The broncos gave up THREE TD's LAST NIGHT to the second worst team in football AT THEIR OWN STADIUM.

I don't make that claim lightly when I say that the Chiefs Defense is MUCH better than Denvers. IMO, there isn't a team in football that is as athletic defensively from a personnel standpoint than the Chiefs...

Hali, DJ, Houston, Berry, Flowers, and Poe? Not to mention guys like Jackson who are playing much better, Shaun Smith who is playing nicely opposite of B. Flowers, and Kendrick Lewis who has been solid opposite Berry. The entire defense is playing at an all pro level right now.

Mr. Laz
09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
#1 rush defense
#30 pass defense

not surprising since you are playing with a lead

other team is throwing the ball a ton and have given up on the run

Oh Snap
09-24-2013, 01:44 PM

anything is possible. I always try to be cautiously optimistic about this team. I think from a personnel standpoint, this Chiefs defense is more athletic than those Jets Defenses you're referencing. I read an article the other day that broke down how the Chiefs defense handled the Philly offense. It wasn't from scheme, but from pure physical domination that really only teams like the Chiefs and Seattle are capable of doing.

Also, as I said, Denver is good...but have they truly been tested yet? I mean look at the teams they've played. Baltimore, NY giants who were blown out by a bad Panthers team just last week? And the Raiders; the second worst team in football? None of these teams strike the fear of god in anyone in the NFL. People said that the Philly offense was unstoppable, but look at how that ended last thursday night for them...lets not count our chickens too soon.

Kaylore
09-24-2013, 01:46 PM
LOL at this thread.