PDA

View Full Version : Football AFCW: Week 4

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Let me start by saying that I'm honestly very happy to see the Chiefs playing well. I've said this for years - but, I love it when the division is dominant. It's great for everyone in the long run and from a rivalry perspective, it's greatness.

I don't think either KC or Denver has truly been tested yet by a complete team... but, you can only play the teams that are up next and do what you're supposed to do. Things will shake out a bit over the next month and we'll have a much better picture at the halfway mark.

Broncos 3-0
Chiefs 3-0
Chargers 1-2
Raiders 1-2

Flip the order for Den and KC and it doesn't matter at this point...

Week 4 has the following:

Eagles @ Broncos
Giants @ Chiefs
Cowboys @ Chargers
Redskins @ Raiders

It's a pure NFCE vs AFCW and all AFC teams are at home...

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked with any result in this game. The NFCE teams have talent and most are scrambling to find a win, especially the Giants. It's been ugly through 3 weeks and @ KC is going to be miserable for them if they don't figure out how to play football again.

The Eagles are interesting to me because of Vick/McCoy/Jackson ... that's a trio that can be lethal and Denver likes to play soft at times on 3rd down, against scrambling QBs and they give up big plays. I think the Broncos offense will be more than they can handle, but I think it will be a shootout.

The Cowboys and Chargers are a toss up to me - both have big play potential but both can play brain dead with the best of them.

Raiders and Redskins... another one that I wouldn't touch from a gambling perspective, but Shanny loves beating the Raiders and they're due if the defense can man up. I think the Redskins surprise them here, esp if Pryor is dinged up.

My thoughts...

Chiefs 34 / Giants 20
Broncos 44 / Eagles 34
Cowboys 27 / Chargers 24
Redskins 20 / Raiders 16

And, there you go... how about you?

ClevelandBronco
09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Chiefs 24 / Giants 27 / OT
Broncos 38 / Eagles 5,280
Chargers 17 / Cowboys 23
Redskins 10 / Raiders 17

InChiefsHeaven
09-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Chiefs win. Don't want to predict a score.

Donks win, Don't want to predict a score

Chargers 28, Dallas 17

Redskins 10 Raiders 13

FlaChief58
09-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Chiefs 24 / Giants 27 / OT
Broncos 38 / Eagles 5,280
Chargers 17 / Cowboys 23
Redskins 10 / Raiders 17

Sounds about right

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 08:39 AM
The chiefs will never score 34 points...

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm really fighting off bad vibes for this week's game, but I'm placing my faith in Reid and being home.

Chiefs 21, Giants 20
Broncos 45, Eagles 38
Cowboys 31, Chargers 21
Redskins 28, Raiders 17

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 08:46 AM

I'm accounting for defensive scores... :D maybe you are as well.

Rausch
09-24-2013, 08:50 AM
AFCW goes 3-1 with only the Raitards losing...

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 08:53 AM
34 points would be nice. Think that's a bit more than we've shown ourselves capable at this point, unless we have multiple defensive/special teams scores. Course, in the end, don't really care how much we put on the board, as long as it's at least 1 more point than New York. Although a win where we're dominant in all three phases would make me feel better about our continued success.

I think Philadelphia has an outside shot at upsetting Denver. Best offense the donkeys have played based on the first three weeks. But I don't think Philly can stop that offense.

Cowboys and Chargers game is hard to pick. They're like mirror images. I guess SD since it's there.

I think the Redskins beat the Raiders. Washington's defense is horrible, but Oakland's offense isn't exactly high powered.

Molitoth
09-24-2013, 08:53 AM

Hah, that's what I was thinking.

Molitoth
09-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Giants, Broncos, Cowboys, Redskins

I think for the most part, the NFCE will take this week.

warrior
09-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Chiefs 27
Giants 6

5 sacks
4-0

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 08:58 AM
34 points would be nice. Think that's a bit more than we've shown ourselves capable at this point, unless we have multiple defensive/special teams scores. Course, in the end, don't really care how much we put on the board, as long as it's at least 1 more point than New York. Although a win where we're dominant in all three phases would make me feel better about our continued success.

I think Philadelphia has an outside shot at upsetting Denver. Best offense the donkeys have played based on the first three weeks. But I don't think Philly can stop that offense.

Cowboys and Chargers game is hard to pick. They're like mirror images. I guess SD since it's there.

I think the Redskins beat the Raiders. Washington's defense is horrible, but Oakland's offense isn't exactly high powered.

You know the Giants have given up 36, 41 and 38 in each of the last 3 games...

Chiefs have scored 28, 17 and 26 ... so 34 isn't really going out on a limb here.

And, regarding the best offense the Broncos have seen ... I dunno, looking at Playmakers - I'd put the Giants over them easily as a whole. They're just in a rut right now.

Halfcan
09-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Going to be a tough game for the Chiefs. Expect a lot of Bad calls from the refs as they try to save Eli Mae's season. We will prob be held every play with no calls on defense with a couple of phantom defensive pass calls to help them along.

I think we still win this- the Offense will have a complete day and run the clock better than they have.

TEX
09-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Wow. Denver gets another home game. What's that make it 3 out of 4 to start the season with the times and dates for the first 3 providing the most rest possible between games? Denver is good enough not to need NFL Wellfare. Just one of the reasons why I cant stand their asses. They get special treatment - always have.

I laughed after the game last night when I heard BIG HEAD say,"It's going to be tough this week because it's a short one"...LOL! Well Paeton, you prima donna, you just got the MOST REST POSSIBLE between games to start the season - :shake:

Oh back to this topic - I don't see KC winning this week. The 0-3 Giants are DESPORATE! It's not a good matchup for KC. Little Manning will go deep and burn our CB's becasue we play a LOT of man coverage. The calls are going to go against the Chiefs - can't have the Giants go 0-4.

Cheating Donx over the Eagles
The Boys over the Bolts
The Redskins over the Raiders

Every team in the division loses EXCEPT Denver - just how the league office likes it!

Molitoth
09-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Wow. Denver gets another home game. What's that make it 3 out of 4 to start the season with the times and dates for the first 3 providing the most rest possible between games? Denver is good enough not to need NFL Wellfare. Just one of the reasons why I cant stand their asses. They get special treatment - always have.

I laughed after the game last night when I heard BIG HEAD say,"It's going to be tough this week because it's a short one"...LOL! Well Paeton, you prima donna, you just got the MOST REST POSSIBLE between games to start the season - :shake:

:deevee:

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 09:09 AM

Chiefs have scored 28, 17 and 26 ... so 34 isn't really going out on a limb here.Yeah it is, when you understand the situation of our scoring. The reality is that our offense scored 21, 17 and 19 in games where there was a every potential for KC to score in the 30s or 40s. Now, if the Giants continue their trend of turning the ball over 1100 times/game and we continue our trend of taking it away 1100 times/game, 34 points is possible, but until the offense can start to do some things on its own, it's an outside shot at best.And, regarding the best offense the Broncos have seen ... I dunno, looking at Playmakers - I'd put the Giants over them easily as a whole. They're just in a rut right now.I'm talking pure performance through 3 weeks. The Eagles have done more on the field than either Baltimore (who has yet to have a good offensive day) or the Giants. I would also argue that the trio of Vick, Jackson and McCoy is more talented than anyone they've faced the first three weeks, and while Vick is certainly capable of giving a game away, Eli's outdoing him there this year.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:10 AM

Well, to even the score... this team with an old broke neck QB has to travel for 4 of the final 6.

@NEP
@KC
TEN
SDC
@HOU
@OAK

5 of their 8 games after the bye week are on the road. Does that not even things up a touch? I'd much rather have it the other way around.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 09:10 AM

I laughed after the game last night when I heard BIG HEAD say,"It's going to be tough this week because it's a short one"...LOL! Well Paeton, you prima donna, you just got the MOST REST POSSIBLE between games to start the season - :shake:I'm sure it's only a coincidence that they play 4 home games in the 6 weeks Miller is out.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm talking pure performance through 3 weeks. The Eagles have done more on the field than either Baltimore (who has yet to have a good offensive day) or the Giants. I would also argue that the trio of Vick, Jackson and McCoy is more talented than anyone they've faced the first three weeks, and while Vick is certainly capable of giving a game away, Eli's outdoing him there this year.

Yeah, but the EAGLES have played the Redskins, Chargers and Chiefs...

Giants lost a fairly close one @ Dallas, blown our vs DEN and fell asleep vs the Panthers.

You can slice these things so many ways. WAS may be the worst defense in the league and SD isn't that great.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm sure it's only a coincidence that they play 4 home games in the 6 weeks Miller is out.

:hmmm: You know that's a great point. And, riddle me this... a cold weather team NOT playing at home in the final two weeks, but rather in south Texas and in Southern California. Hmmm...

Where's Oliver Stone?

TEX
I'm sure it's only a coincidence that they play 4 home games in the 6 weeks Miller is out.

Dude you're EXACTLY right. Gotta mae sure Manning and the Broncos get off to a good start. Makes me F-Ing MAD as HELL! Here's the deal with Miller - he should have been suspended for a whole year. Dude tried to alter the drug test. It's laughable that they only added 2 games to his suspension and gave the Donx the home schedule they did to start the year. A complete JOKE!

vailpass

Oh back to this topic - I don't see KC winning this week. The 0-3 Giants are DESPORATE! It's not a good matchup for KC. Little Manning will go deep and burn our CB's becasue we play a LOT of man coverage. The calls are going to go against the Chiefs - can't have the Giants go 0-4.

The Boys over the Bolts

Every team in the division loses EXCEPT Denver - just how the league office likes it!

Jesus. That time of the month?

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Dude you're EXACTLY right. Gotta mae sure Manning and the Broncos get off to a good start. Makes me F-Ing MAD as HELL! Here's the deal with Miller - he should have been suspended for a whole year. Dude tried to alter the drug test. It's laughable that they only added 2 games to his suspension and gave the Donx the home schedule they did to start the year. A complete JOKE!

Yes, all part of the master plan...

TEX
09-24-2013, 09:21 AM
:hmmm: You know that's a great point. And, riddle me this... a cold weather team NOT playing at home in the final two weeks, but rather in south Texas and in Southern California. Hmmm...

Where's Oliver Stone?

Big Deal - several teams are in that exact boat. Things will be settled LONG before then. NONE got the break Denver got to start the season. N-O-N-E. ALL Denver did was win a Division and they get treated like they won the Super Bowl or something - actually they get treated better than the team that did. Actually they got treated better than any team in the league to start. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

whoman69
09-24-2013, 09:22 AM
I don't think either KC or Denver has truly been tested yet by a complete team... but, you can only play the teams that are up next and do what you're supposed to do.

There are no complete teams anymore. Teams have to hide their weaknesses and play to their strengths.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah, but the EAGLES have played the Redskins, Chargers and Chiefs...

Giants lost a fairly close one @ Dallas, blown our vs DEN and fell asleep vs the Panthers.

You can slice these things so many ways. WAS may be the worst defense in the league and SD isn't that great.I think San Diego is better defensively than you're giving them credit for.

Either way, McCoy and Vick are both better than the equivalent players on the Giants right now, and Jackson is at least equivalent to Cruz. Nicks is better than Avant, but I don't think it's a night-and-day thing. I'd probably take Celek and Ertz over Myers and whoever else the Giants have.

Now that I've said all that, watch the Giants lay 40 on us.

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 09:23 AM

Where's Oliver Stone?

That's fine by me. When they get back to play two weeks later with home field advantage, they won't be ready for the cold weather.

Another bye bye Peyton moment.

TEX
09-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Yes, all part of the master plan...

Sure the **** is. Only your kind cant see it that way. Never have and never will. Are you actually trying to suggest that the league does not play favorites???? You know damn well it does. You're far from an idiot, but you are a Donx fan so I understand the mindset.

the Talking Can
09-24-2013, 09:27 AM
if the Chiefs offense can't score on the Giants, we have real problems...this i'm afraid to throw to WRs thing has got to stop, and they have to throw the damn ball to our highest paid WR (why did we pay him?)...even if he is - gasp! - "covered" (which actually means "not wide open" or "not a rb out of the backfield")

regardless, the Giants are a gutless shit show and our defense - even if it gives up a couple of big td plays - should still generate enough mayhem for the Chiefs to win..but a nervy 24-17 game wouldn't shock me...our offense hasn't shown a killer instinct yet

i don't think Denver can disrupt Philly's offense the way we did, but it won't matter...Denver will straight rape the eagles defense..35-24, but feels like a blowout

Dallas beats the Chargers, they're just better imo...and Rivers is a bigger clown than Romo..i also think (hope) this is the game that Dez goes off for 2 tds

Washington beats the Raiders...RGIII is slowly pulling it together

ClevelandBronco
09-24-2013, 09:28 AM

The Boys over the Bolts

Isn't there a distant Manning cousin you guys could put on your practice squad so the league wouldn't hate you so much?

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Big Deal - several teams are in that exact boat. Things will be settled LONG before then. NONE got the break Denver got to start the season. N-O-N-E. ALL Denver did was win a Division and they get treated like they won the Super Bowl or something - actually they get treated better than the team that did. Actually they got treated better than any team in the league to start. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

You know, 5 of the first 8 games for KC are in Arrowhead right?

Dallas, Giants, Texans ... all in KC...

Cry me a river, big guy. Some of you are way too consumed with your conspiracy theories that it doesn't allow you to just appreciate your team and what is happening right now.

Fritz88
09-24-2013, 09:29 AM
I wish we were playing a other 0-3 team.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
09-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Weren't the giants desperate before last weeks game too?

Maybe, just maybe, they're a shit team?

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:30 AM
if the Chiefs offense can't score on the Giants, we have real problems...this i'm afraid to throw to WRs thing has got to stop, and they have to throw the damn ball to our highest paid WR (why did we pay him?)...even if he is - gasp! - "covered" (which actually means "not wide open" or "not a rb out of the backfield")

regardless, the Giants are a gutless shit show and our defense - even if it gives up a couple of big td plays - should still generate enough mayhem for the Chiefs to win..but a nervy 24-17 game wouldn't shock me...our offense hasn't shown a killer instinct yet

i don't think Denver can disrupt Philly's offense the way we did, but it won't matter...Denver will straight rape the eagles defense..35-24, but feels like a blowout

Dallas beats the Chargers, they're just better imo...and Rivers is a bigger clown than Romo..i also think (hope) this is the game that Dez goes off for 2 tds

Washington beats the Raiders...RGIII is slowly pulling it together

Well said.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Weren't the giants desperate before last weeks game too?

Maybe, just maybe, they're a shit team?

Possibly, but they're not a shit team in the sense of no play makers... they have a lot of talent. Something is broken though, they're getting deep into a hole and may not recover, but they need to turn the page soon if they have any hope of 8-8.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM
if the Chiefs offense can't score on the Giants, we have real problems...this i'm afraid to throw to WRs thing has got to stop, and they have to throw the damn ball to our highest paid WR (why did we pay him?)...even if he is - gasp! - "covered" (which actually means "not wide open" or "not a rb out of the backfield")They must've spent hours last night on ESPN talking about Manning throwing receivers open. Maybe we should try that once or twice.

MotherfuckerJones
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM

Chiefs have scored 28, 17 and 26 ... so 34 isn't really going out on a limb here.

And, regarding the best offense the Broncos have seen ... I dunno, looking at Playmakers - I'd put the Giants over them easily as a whole. They're just in a rut right now.

Exactly, if we score a TD instead of a field goal on of the red zone field goals and we have 30 points. That Philly game shouldn't have even been close.

O.city
09-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Possibly, but they're not a shit team in the sense of no play makers... they have a lot of talent. Something is broken though, they're getting deep into a hole and may not recover, but they need to turn the page soon if they have any hope of 8-8.

They have Cruz and nicks on offense, so there is talent there. But that defense outside of 1 guys, just doesn't have playmakers

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Exactly, if we score a TD instead of a field goal on of the red zone field goals and we have 30 points. That Philly game shouldn't have even been close.You're using that as reasoning for why we should score 30, but I'm using it as reasoning for why it isn't likely. Because the truth is that we haven't been scoring TDs when we had favorable field position, not after the Jacksonville game. Hopefully that changes this week, and we can have a blowout instead of a nailbiter.

If this offense ever starts to click (and it should, at some point...) then we're going to be a tough team to beat.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 09:38 AM
The Eagles are in no way scared of the Donks

vailpass
09-24-2013, 09:41 AM

You guys been talking? :D

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Cruz might shock Brandon Flowers pretty hard. He's like a compromise between Desean Jackson and Dez Bryant. Flowers better have had plenty of rest with those extra 3 days.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 09:42 AM
You guys been talking? :D

I'm more of a Chicago guy :D

vailpass
09-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm more of a Chicago guy :D

I miss Rush street, gotta get back there

the Talking Can
09-24-2013, 09:44 AM
They must've spent hours last night on ESPN talking about Manning throwing receivers open. Maybe we should try that once or twice.

you can watch any game on any sunday and see QBs regularly throwing to covered WRs...its the NFL, if WRs are wide open, someone made a mistake

ClevelandBronco
09-24-2013, 09:45 AM

Best news possible.

MotherfuckerJones
09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
You're using that as reasoning for why we should score 30, but I'm using it as reasoning for why it isn't likely. Because the truth is that we haven't been scoring TDs when we had favorable field position, not after the Jacksonville game. Hopefully that changes this week, and we can have a blowout instead of a nailbiter.

If this offense ever starts to click (and it should, at some point...) then we're going to be a tough team to beat.

We haven't consistently but when it matters we have scored TDs.

the Talking Can
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM

every drive matters

if we convert any of the gifts that our defense handed us in the first half, the 4th quarter of the Eagles game becomes irrelevant...

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:50 AM

Six TDs (4 pass, 2 rush) in 3 games for a 3-0 team sounds kinda low... but, it is what it is I suppose.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 09:53 AM
every drive mattersThat's the point that nobody gets.if we convert any of the gifts that our defense handed us in the first half, the 4th quarter of the Eagles game becomes irrelevant...You'll see a lot of QBs shrug off 4th quarter comeback numbers for that very reason. "If I'd played better in the first three quarters, we wouldn't have had to come back".

Not that it isn't great that they can magically run the ball in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. That isn't a bad thing in any way. But they need to figure out how to stretch that out for the rest of the game. The offense needs to sustain drives in the first 3 quarters. We're actually a contender if we do that.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I've been looking at the various stats... and I'll be honest, I've only been able to watch Denver games and some parts of a few others ... in addition to highlights. So, I haven't had the time to see as much as in years past.

But, I hadn't noticed how big a piece of the action that Charles was so far... Bowe only has 9 receptions in 3 games? That's crazy...

Your defense can be as badass as it likes, but if your offense keeps up the pace they're on... it's going to result in some long days.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 09:57 AM
I've been looking at the various stats... and I'll be honest, I've only been able to watch Denver games and some parts of a few others ... in addition to highlights. So, I haven't had the time to see as much as in years past.

But, I hadn't noticed how big a piece of the action that Charles was so far... Bowe only has 9 receptions in 3 games? That's crazy...

Your defense can be as badass as it likes, but if your offense keeps up the pace they're on... it's going to result in some long days.

3 a game? That's nuts.

warrior
09-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Six TDs (4 pass, 2 rush) in 3 games for a 3-0 team sounds kinda low... but, it is what it is I suppose.

Ya don't have to score a lot when your defense is giving up less than 12 pt a game :hmmm:

O.city
09-24-2013, 09:58 AM
In defense of our qb, he threw Bowe open 2 last week and he dropped them, so I don't know how much trust there is there and that's a problem our qb seems to have over the course of his career.

However, I'm not really shocked that this new offense isn't really chugging along on all cylinders yet. It's still a new system, new players, etc. however, it's obviously got to get better and if by week 8 it's not, we've got problems

Molitoth
09-24-2013, 09:58 AM
every drive matters

if we convert any of the gifts that our defense handed us in the first half, the 4th quarter of the Eagles game becomes irrelevant...

Bam! :clap:

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Ya don't have to score a lot when your defense is giving up less than 12 pt a game :hmmm:

Oh, so it's a "will thing" and not a "skill thing". Got it, you better hope they can flip the switch when they need it.

HemiEd
09-24-2013, 10:02 AM
They must've spent hours last night on ESPN talking about Manning throwing receivers open. Maybe we should try that once or twice.

At first glance, it seems right to blame Alex Smith, but I would love to see the OL start to mature and give Alex Smith more time so he can do just that.

Just maybe, once Alex has some confidence in the line giving him some time on a more frequent basis, we might see better production from Bowe.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Oh, so it's a "will thing" and not a "skill thing". Got it, you better hope they can flip the switch when they need it.Yeah, it's not that. They just aren't clicking for most of the game, and I don't believe it's from a lack of "want to".

New system, new players, very young o-line that isn't gelling yet. They'll come around. Or they won't. :shrug:

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:03 AM
At first glance, it seems right to blame Alex Smith, but I would love to see the OL start to mature and give Alex Smith more time so he can do just that.

Just maybe, once Alex has some confidence in the line giving him some time on a more frequent basis, we might see better production from Bowe.I'm not blaming Alex Smith. I think he's doing exactly what he's being asked to do.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm not blaming Alex Smith. I think he's doing exactly what he's being asked to do.

Which is what exactly... win the game or don't lose the game? Big difference.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Which is what exactly... win the game or don't lose the game? Big difference.Right now I'm pretty sure it's don't lose. I think at some point it needs to shift to win.

(And don't misinterpret that as me assuming a lack of confidence in Smith by the coaching staff, I think there's more to it than that)

Lightrise
09-24-2013, 10:06 AM
That last Giant game plus our win in Philly changed my perception on this game. I think the fans are in for a real treat on Sunday. Stadium will be loud and fun...It's a rare aligning of the stars here...Chiefs will light up the scoreboard, at least 30 point and the Giants will be fortunate to score 10. This will be a huge game in terms of confidence building. If they get out of this one with no serious injuries the season shapes up as very special. Now is the time to restore fully that arrowhead advantage. Marty should give Dorsey a call and tell him how useful the Arrowhead advantage can be...they need to feed the fans...and that means run up the score. I think it's possible.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:09 AM
That last Giant game plus our win in Philly changed my perception on this game. I think the fans are in for a real treat on Sunday. Stadium will be loud and fun...It's a rare aligning of the stars here...Chiefs will light up the scoreboard, at least 30 point and the Giants will be fortunate to score 10. This will be a huge game in terms of confidence building. If they get out of this one with no serious injuries the season shapes up as very special. Now is the time to restore fully that arrowhead advantage. Marty should give Dorsey a call and tell him how useful the Arrowhead advantage can be...they need to feed the fans...and that means run up the score. I think it's possible.

Well hell, a 3-0 team at home vs an 0-3 team that got blown out by the Panthers a week ago and everyone here says they suck... I hope that's possible.

HemiEd
I'm not blaming Alex Smith. I think he's doing exactly what he's being asked to do.

I didn't intend to say you were keg, just commenting about my own thought pattern to date. I am trying as hard as I possibly can to be positive about Alex Smith and his potential as a Chief.

I must admit though, watching Cutler Sunday evening, made me wish that we had a QB that could make throws like that. Watching Geno Smith in his third game reminded me about what could have been.

Mile High Mania
Right now I'm pretty sure it's don't lose. I think at some point it needs to shift to win.

(And don't misinterpret that as me assuming a lack of confidence in Smith by the coaching staff, I think there's more to it than that)

Agreed. It's early yet... I'm just happy to be talking smack with you guys looking at your team being 3-0 for a change.

Ace Gunner
09-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Let me start by saying that I'm honestly very happy to see the Chiefs playing well. I've said this for years - but, I love it when the division is dominant. It's great for everyone in the long run and from a rivalry perspective, it's greatness.

I don't think either KC or Denver has truly been tested yet by a complete team... but, you can only play the teams that are up next and do what you're supposed to do. Things will shake out a bit over the next month and we'll have a much better picture at the halfway mark.

Broncos 3-0
Chiefs 3-0
Chargers 1-2
Raiders 1-2

Flip the order for Den and KC and it doesn't matter at this point...

Week 4 has the following:

Eagles @ Broncos
Giants @ Chiefs
Cowboys @ Chargers
Redskins @ Raiders

It's a pure NFCE vs AFCW and all AFC teams are at home...

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked with any result in this game. The NFCE teams have talent and most are scrambling to find a win, especially the Giants. It's been ugly through 3 weeks and @ KC is going to be miserable for them if they don't figure out how to play football again.

The Eagles are interesting to me because of Vick/McCoy/Jackson ... that's a trio that can be lethal and Denver likes to play soft at times on 3rd down, against scrambling QBs and they give up big plays. I think the Broncos offense will be more than they can handle, but I think it will be a shootout.

The Cowboys and Chargers are a toss up to me - both have big play potential but both can play brain dead with the best of them.

Raiders and Redskins... another one that I wouldn't touch from a gambling perspective, but Shanny loves beating the Raiders and they're due if the defense can man up. I think the Redskins surprise them here, esp if Pryor is dinged up.

My thoughts...

Chiefs 34 / Giants 20
Broncos 44 / Eagles 34
Cowboys 27 / Chargers 24
Redskins 20 / Raiders 16

And, there you go... how about you?

forward thinking -- I like that :D

Molitoth
09-24-2013, 10:13 AM
I must admit though, watching Cutler Sunday evening, made me wish that we had a QB that could make throws like that. Watching Geno Smith in his third game reminded me about what could have been.

Screw that, I'm excited at finally having our very own Trent Dilfer.

keg in kc
I must admit though, watching Cutler Sunday evening, made me wish that we had a QB that could make throws like that. Watching Geno Smith in his third game reminded me about what could have been.I figure we have who we have, so I don't think there's much to be gained by pondering on what could've been. The big question is what we can do to make the guys that are here perform at a higher level. We have a smart coaching staff, so hopefully they figure it out.

ModSocks
The Giants worry me not because they are the Giants, but because they're a desperate 0-3 Team that was just embarrassed.

I think the Chiefs match up very well with the Giants, better than they've matched up with Dallas and Philly. Im a little worried about their pass rush....but it's mainly the 0-3 thing that worries me.

Dallas and San Diego should be a close one, i think they're very similar.

HemiEd
09-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I figure we have who we have, so I don't think there's much to be gained by pondering on what could've been. The big question is what we can do to make the guys that are here perform at a higher level. We have a smart coaching staff, so hopefully they figure it out.

Exactly, and thus my comment about the OL maturing and giving Alex Smith more time. Once that happens, hopefully the Coaching Staff will open some things up.

I wonder if there are any stats on how much time the QB actually has? If so, it hasn't been much by my observation.

the Talking Can
09-24-2013, 10:19 AM

i don't, i think he is leaving plays on the field...my concern is less his conservative instincts than the fact that he doesn't 'see' the field under pressure, imo

he looks at the pressure, and he looks at the short zones, but he amazingly 'never' finds a player down field...i think his persona (game manager) is providing a bit of cover for a lack of skill

but right now, not turning it over is his best skill...given our inability to score, any turnovers would be fatal, so we're in this perverse circle of his weakness being a strength that is still a weakness...

and not getting more out of Bowe is inexcusable...jesus, look what weis and cassle did with him...Bowe can be a playmaker, in spite of some drops, and needs to be targeted more than our damned fullback

Dayze
09-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Chiefs 23
Giants 20

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:25 AM
i don't, i think he is leaving plays on the field...my concern is less his conservative instincts than the fact that he doesn't 'see' the field under pressure, imo

he looks at the pressure, and he looks at the short zones, but he amazingly 'never' finds a player down field...i think his persona (game manager) is providing a bit of cover for a lack of skill

but right now, not turning it over is his best skill...given our inability to score, any turnovers would be fatal, so we're in this perverse circle of his weakness being a strength that is still a weakness...

and not getting more out of Bowe is inexcusable...jesus, look what weis and cassle did with him...Bowe can be a playmaker, in spite of some drops, and needs to be targeted more than our damned fullbackI agree with what you're seeing, I just think that they don't want him taking chances, and they don't want him taking sacks. I think the idea for right now is to get the ball out of his hands to the safest option he sees as quickly as possible. I hope that changes if and when the offensive line begins to play better, and when perhaps (this is just a pet theory...) they're sure that the receivers are in the right places at the right time.

If he's still playing like this in week 12 (and he might well be, based on his history...) we have a problem.

O.city
09-24-2013, 10:28 AM
For as much as we talk about watching other games and throwing guys open, the same is true for pressuring qbs.

There aren't many who can excel when pressured

the Talking Can
09-24-2013, 10:29 AM
i expect it to get better, I just hate seeing him double pump and then run around like a chicken because he doesn't trust either a) what he's seeing or b) his arm...i have literally never seen a QB 'almost' throw a pass as often as Smith

but hey, 3-0

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Charles is the leading WR and that's a bit of a problem from how I see it.

Avery has 11 catches with Bowe at 9 catches - through 3 games.

7 of Avery's 11 catches came against Philly, same with 7 of Charles' catches.

Conservative is a pretty good way to describe the passing game at this point... will be interesting to see how that changes in the coming weeks.

vs Giants / @ TEN / vs OAK / vs HOU

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:32 AM
I would throw "c) his offensive line" in there as well. I don't think mentioning them is just a convenient excuse for him at this point. There have been jailbreak moments every week.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM
This is the week of the Bowe show

O.city
09-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I would throw "c) his offensive line" in there as well. I don't think mentioning them is just a convenient excuse for him at this point. There have been jailbreak moments every week.

It seems that's become taboo to say around here

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Charles is the leading WR and that's a bit of a problem from how I see it.

Avery has 11 catches with Bowe at 9 catches - through 3 games.

7 of Avery's 11 catches came against Philly, same with 7 of Charles' catches.

Conservative is a pretty good way to describe the passing game at this point... will be interesting to see how that changes in the coming weeks.

vs Giants / @ TEN / vs OAK / vs HOU

It's not a conservative passing game. It's a conservative QB. He's going to have to test himself to take the next leap. That means being able to complete passes in coverage.

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I agree with what you're seeing, I just think that they don't want him taking chances, and they don't want him taking sacks. I think the idea for right now is to get the ball out of his hands to the safest option he sees as quickly as possible. I hope that changes if and when the offensive line begins to play better, and when perhaps (this is just a pet theory...) they're sure that the receivers are in the right places at the right time.

If he's still playing like this in week 12 (and he might well be, based on his history...) we have a problem.

And that's the other problem. He's taking a lot of sacks. Yes, bad offensive line, but the more efficient QBs (which is what he's heralded as being) get the ball out of their hands MUCH quicker than what he's been doing. We could probably cut that sack number by as much as 25% if the coaching staff made it a point to use more plays where it's snap-1-2-3-throw.

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 10:38 AM
It seems that's become taboo to say around here

Jailbreak blitzes aside, he's still taking too many sacks on the plays where he does get more than 2 seconds of protection.

O.city
09-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Jailbreak blitzes aside, he's still taking too many sacks on the plays where he does get more than 2 seconds of protection.

I realize that. And he's going to have to get the ball out quicker, but I think this is also a. Reson were seeing a lot of short passes, that people like to scream check down, when it's actually the design

Red Gorilla
09-24-2013, 10:42 AM
It's not a conservative passing game. It's a conservative QB. He's going to have to test himself to take the next leap. That means being able to complete passes in coverage.

He's not going to do that when he doesn't have to.

"You can take the boy out of the country but, you can't take the country out of the boy."

However, he has already proven he can do it when he has to make a play.

Dorsey and Reid knew this going in. There was a big misconception here that this would be a downfield attacking offense like recent Philly's. Reid is going to play to his players strengths and this is the type of offense he thinks he can win with.

Reid doesn't want him to test himself imo.

HemiEd
09-24-2013, 10:50 AM

Eric Fisher getting basically thrown into Alex Smith is not what the Chiefs had in mind when drafting him. He is a rookie, and he shows it more than he doesn't.

HemiEd
09-24-2013, 10:51 AM
There was a big misconception here that this would be a downfield attacking offense like recent Philly's. .

:spock: link?

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Eric Fisher getting basically thrown into Alex Smith is not what the Chiefs had in mind when drafting him. He is a rookie, and he shows it more than he doesn't.It's happened at left and right guard, as well.

They need to clone Schwartz and play him at both spots.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM

How often does this show air, or is this just a pilot?

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM

Usually garbage time

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM

He's been known to be quiet and just explode. See the beginning of 2010

suzzer99
09-24-2013, 11:01 AM

I hope so. I benched him on my fantasy team in hopes it would motivate him to go have a big game.

suzzer99
09-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Eric Fisher getting basically thrown into Alex Smith is not what the Chiefs had in mind when drafting him. He is a rookie, and he shows it more than he doesn't.

I'm guessing the Central Michigan steroid program isn't up to par with say USC. Might take him an extra offseason of hgh to catch up to the pros.

Red Gorilla
09-24-2013, 11:12 AM
:spock: link?

Here's a quick example. There are really tons of them but, you get the point.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268773&highlight=Westbrook

Iowanian
09-24-2013, 11:20 AM
I think Dallas will put the boots to Sandy Eggo this week and I think the raiders will lose a close game to the Redskins.

The giants are either going to come out to save their season and play in beast mode, or they're going to have their season buried at Arrowhead. I think with a home crowd, the defense will stifle them and the offense will be able to do enough for a convincing w.

I don't care what happens with the Donks. Honestly, I hope Manning gets hit a lot by the Eagles pass rush that made the Chiefs offense look like a 3A High School team.

TEX
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
I think Dallas will put the boots to Sandy Eggo this week and I think the raiders will lose a close game to the Redskins.

The giants are either going to come out to save their season and play in beast mode, or they're going to have their season buried at Arrowhead. I think with a home crowd, the defense will stifle them and the offense will be able to do enough for a convincing w.

I don't care what happens with the Donks. Honestly, I hope Manning gets hit a lot by the Eagles pass rush that made the Chiefs offense look like a 3A High School team.

I agree. Concerning the GOON-LOOKING BLOCK HEAD in Denver, I hope so, but the Donx O-Line is playing a LOT better than KC's.

Cannibal
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Some of it will depend on Flowers' status, but I don't see the Giants putting up many points at all at Arrowhead.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:05 PM
I agree. Concerning the GOON-LOOKING BLOCK HEAD in Denver, I hope so, but the Donx O-Line is playing a LOT better than KC's.

But, they're cheating to do that right?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 12:06 PM
But, they're cheating to do that right?

I haven't seen them called for a hold in 2 years.

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 12:11 PM

I somehow just about fell off my couch when i saw Clark get called last night

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I hope so. I benched him on my fantasy team in hopes it would motivate him to go have a big game.

Damn it, that bummed him out. No wonder he doesn't return my texts.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:16 PM

I somehow just about fell off my couch when i saw Clark get called last night

It happens...

I just found this site, anyone seen it before?

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Contrarian
09-24-2013, 12:22 PM

It's the quality of opponent that is the difference between Denver and KC if you want to talk about td comparisons.

Imon Yourside
09-24-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so scared of the Giants.. I mean they just had their asses handed to them by Carolina. We should rape them, and if we don't it's our teams fault.

vailpass
09-24-2013, 12:27 PM
It happens...

Great find. Thanks!

Buehler445
09-24-2013, 12:31 PM

I don't even know what to think about the Giants game. On paper, we should win, but we can't ever beat those smarmy fucks and you have to know they're due.

If Vick can not turn the ball over, I think they can hang with the Donks. Really in order for Philly to get going, Vick needs to go off and slow down the passrush. And I'm still not convinced Denver's secondary is all that good, and Jackson can get by anybody. It's not money in the bank for the Donks, but I'd probably take them by 2 TD.

LOL Yeah, the other two games, who the fuck knows? Except rat always swings for the fences against the Faid.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2013, 12:35 PM
It happens...

this site would be really cool if it broke the penalties down... it does prove one thing, the Broncos don't get any favors from the refs.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't even know what to think about the Giants game. On paper, we should win, but we can't ever beat those smarmy ****s and you have to know they're due.

If Vick can not turn the ball over, I think they can hang with the Donks. Really in order for Philly to get going, Vick needs to go off and slow down the passrush. And I'm still not convinced Denver's secondary is all that good, and Jackson can get by anybody. It's not money in the bank for the Donks, but I'd probably take them by 2 TD.

LOL Yeah, the other two games, who the **** knows? Except rat always swings for the fences against the Faid.

lol, really? I guess I should expect this from a kc fan.

Ace Gunner
09-24-2013, 12:38 PM
this site would be really cool if it broke the penalties down... it does prove one thing, the Broncos don't get any favors from the refs.

and it proves the GENOS are turrible ROFL

RINGLEADER
09-24-2013, 12:41 PM

They were one yard away from doing it last week...

MotherfuckerJones
09-24-2013, 12:44 PM

We needed a TD against Dallas in the second half to take the lead we did. Needed a TD late against Philly and got it

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 12:44 PM
They were one yard away from doing it last week...

People are pretty dumb around here.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2013, 12:46 PM
It's the quality of opponent that is the difference between Denver and KC if you want to talk about td comparisons.

The Broncos have beaten the Ravens, the Giants and the faiders. Overall record of these 3 teams is 3-6.

kc has beaten the Jags, the pokes and the Eagles. The overall record for these 3 teams is 2-7.

So I'm curious as to what your point is? The Broncos have scored more TDs and have played a tougher schedule.

Imon Yourside
09-24-2013, 12:46 PM
People are pretty dumb around here.

We'll never have dumb people around here!

:D

HemiEd
09-24-2013, 12:49 PM
It's happened at left and right guard, as well.

They need to clone Schwartz and play him at both spots.

Agreed, and hopefully reps together will help them get on the same page. We have been through this many times in the past, with mixed success.

HemiEd
09-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Here's a quick example. There are really tons of them but, you get the point.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268773&highlight=Westbrook

I guess I missed the part where they were talking about going down field. I along with many, was pretty confident the team would be heavy short pass, but not down field stuff. I have to commend the OC Doug Pederson on being able to run the ball as much as they do.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 12:57 PM

Both Denver and KC have played some poorly performing teams...

Red Gorilla
09-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I guess I missed the part where they were talking about going down field. I along with many, was pretty confident the team would be heavy short pass, but not down field stuff. I have to commend the OC Doug Pederson on being able to run the ball as much as they do.

No problem. It's all about Geno's big arm being a perfect fit for Reid's downfield passing attack. It's probably in just about every Geno Smith thread starting after we signed Reid if you want to look.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 01:03 PM
I guess I missed the part where they were talking about going down field. I along with many, was pretty confident the team would be heavy short pass, but not down field stuff. I have to commend the OC Doug Pederson on being able to run the ball as much as they do.I think some of us expected primarily short with some downfield shots, similar to how he operated with McNabb. What we have so far is all short, with only one real downshield shot that I can remember (actually the first pass of the year, incomplete to Fasano).

I heard on the radio yesterday afternoon that we'd completed exactly one pass that traveled more than 10 yards past the LoS this year, but I can't confirm if that's true or not.

ThaVirus
09-24-2013, 01:19 PM
I heard on the radio yesterday afternoon that we'd completed exactly one pass that traveled more than 10 yards past the LoS this year, but I can't confirm if that's true or not.

Probably the big 3rd and 17-or something play to Avery against Dallas. I can't remember any others...

ThaVirus
09-24-2013, 01:20 PM
.. But it is kind of funny to start the season off with a 20 yard bomb to Fasano and never see another pass travel that far in the air again 12 quarters later.

Red Gorilla
09-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Have we needed to complete a pass more than 20 yards down the field yet? We kicked Jacksonville's ass and were just trying to get out healthy. Dez was kicking our ass so we wanted long drives to keep he and Romo off the field. It was similar in Philly trying to keep that crazy offense off the field.

Easy 6
09-24-2013, 02:02 PM
I like this version, but in another thread you have us losing this week :hmmm:

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Have we needed to complete a pass more than 20 yards down the field yet? We kicked Jacksonville's ass and were just trying to get out healthy. Dez was kicking our ass so we wanted long drives to keep he and Romo off the field. It was similar in Philly trying to keep that crazy offense off the field.

Or...they just can't do it

Mile High Mania
09-24-2013, 02:18 PM
I like this version, but in another thread you have us losing this week :hmmm:

The other comment was me just 'hoping' that Eli turns it on and they flip the winning switch this week.

Red Gorilla
09-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Or...they just can't do it

I guess we'll find out at some point.

the Talking Can
09-24-2013, 02:20 PM

yeah, the forward pass is a luxury to the mighty Chiefs...we've instituted the avant-garde "Punt To Win" philosophy..

soon everyone will realize that punting is more important to winning than scoring

ptlyon
09-24-2013, 02:22 PM
yeah, the forward pass is a luxury to the mighty Chiefs...we've instituted the avant-garde "Punt To Win" philosophy..

soon everyone will realize that punting is more important to winning than scoring

Herm embraced this

Red Gorilla
09-24-2013, 02:23 PM

I'd love to see the old Shotgun formation Punt play that Pittsburgh used to run with Kordell Stewart every now and again. Your post made me think of that...

Imon Yourside
09-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Our offense will take time to gel, I think we're headed in the right direction.

Buehler445
09-24-2013, 02:36 PM

To be fair, Bowe is being doubled a lot, as he should be. Hopefully Avery beating on the iggles will draw some attention away from Bowe. That being said, all the things these guys are saying about Smith being too conservative is mind bogglingly accurate.

I haven't watched them a whole lot, but some blown coverages stick in my mind, and Bowe consistently owns Bailey. Maybe my statement is inaccurate.

ClevelandBronco
09-24-2013, 03:26 PM
The Broncos have beaten the Ravens, the Giants and the faiders. Overall record of these 3 teams is 3-6.

kc has beaten the Jags, the pokes and the Eagles. The overall record for these 3 teams is 2-7.

So I'm curious as to what your point is? The Broncos have scored more TDs and have played a tougher schedule.

Not only that, but each team the Broncos have played and each team the Chiefs have played has at least one loss.

Whoa.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2013, 03:39 PM
And that's the other problem. He's taking a lot of sacks. Yes, bad offensive line, but the more efficient QBs (which is what he's heralded as being) get the ball out of their hands MUCH quicker than what he's been doing. We could probably cut that sack number by as much as 25% if the coaching staff made it a point to use more plays where it's snap-1-2-3-throw.

That's what's frustrating. He doesn't throw the ball downfield, so it should be out extremely quick.

NBC had a breakdown of Cutler's quick release - all under 2.5 seconds, and most well under 2.

That's what we should be seeing from Alex, considering he refuses to go downfield. He's got to make quicker decisions.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2013, 03:44 PM
To be fair, Bowe is being doubled a lot, as he should be. Hopefully Avery beating on the iggles will draw some attention away from Bowe. That being said, all the things these guys are saying about Smith being too conservative is mind bogglingly accurate.

I haven't watched them a whole lot, but some blown coverages stick in my mind, and Bowe consistently owns Bailey. Maybe my statement is inaccurate.

Where exactly did this come from?

I think someone said it once, and then people just started running with it as an excuse for 9 catches in 3 games.

I haven't seen him doubled once - granted, I could have missed a time or two - but I certainly don't think he's being doubled "a lot".

If he is, then AS should be having a much easier go of it than he is.

Doesn't add up.

RealSNR
09-24-2013, 03:52 PM
This is why we need gif'd up. I want to see just how "not open" Dwayne Bowe is.

I'm sure he's a focus for defensive coordinators, but something tells me that's not the whole story behind his lack of targets. It takes two to tango, and I'll bet if you compared the targets he got from Cassel to what he gets from Smith, it's not even close.

And no, the passes that hit him on the hands wouldn't even remotely bring his averages up enough to satisfy what he SHOULD be getting.

TEX
09-24-2013, 04:02 PM

The Broncos have also played 2 home games. The Chiefs 1. The Broncos have also gotten the maximum amount of rest possible between games out of every team in the league. The Chiefs got the 2nd least amount (Philly got the least amount having played a MNF game). See, it's NOT only who you play, but also where and when. It's a factor that gets overlooked.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2013, 04:07 PM
The Broncos have also played 2 home games. The Chiefs 1. The Broncos have also gotten the maximum amount of rest possible between games out of every team in the league. The Chiefs got the 2nd least amount (Philly got the least amount having played a MNF game). See, it's NOT only who you play, but also where and when. It's a factor that gets overlooked.

Okay...well Philly is going to play us on 10 days of rest while we have 6.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2013, 04:19 PM

The Broncos have also beaten a legitimate contender in the Baltimore Ravens and the Broncos beat the Ravens soundly. The Broncos then played a tough road game in the "Manning Bowl" and ended up winning by a large margin. As for the faiders you guys should know that it's a divisional game and none of those a give me's.

Jax is just a bad team and are 0-3. Philly turned the ball over 5 times and Philly has only beaten the Skins and the Skins are 0-3. The one decent team KC has beaten is Dallas and KC had Dallas at home.

We can go round and round on this but the fact is Denver has played a tougher schedule, albeit a slightly tougher schedule, and won more convincingly.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Slightly tougher at best. I'm not sure the Ravens are going to win their own division. Their offense has looked downright awful through 3 weeks. The Giants look like a northern version of Jacksonville, and Oakland is...Oakland.

I would have picked our schedule over yours to start the season, simply because Jax is on it, but I think they're basically a wash after the fact.

You have looked more impressive doing it. You have an offense that can score, to go with a quality defense. All we have is defense. So far.

Buehler445
09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Where exactly did this come from?

I think someone said it once, and then people just started running with it as an excuse for 9 catches in 3 games.

I haven't seen him doubled once - granted, I could have missed a time or two - but I certainly don't think he's being doubled "a lot".

If he is, then AS should be having a much easier go of it than he is.

Doesn't add up.

Mayock said Bowe was in bracket coverage all game in Philly. Honestly, that's all I've paid attention to. My generalized statement could be wrong.

It makes sense though. If I'm any DC, who do I key? Charles and Bowe. I give precisely 0 shits about anybody else.

And to be fair, I agree with you. Hit Bowe some some quick outs and shallow crosses and see if he can break a tackle. Hell, he can't be any less open than ANY of the balls that Cassel threw at him.

Buehler445
09-24-2013, 04:38 PM
The Broncos have also beaten a legitimate contender in the Baltimore Ravens and the Broncos beat the Ravens soundly. The Broncos then played a tough road game in the "Manning Bowl" and ended up winning by a large margin. As for the faiders you guys should know that it's a divisional game and none of those a give me's.

Jax is just a bad team and are 0-3. Philly turned the ball over 5 times and Philly has only beaten the Skins and the Skins are 0-3. The one decent team KC has beaten is Dallas and KC had Dallas at home.

We can go round and round on this but the fact is Denver has played a tougher schedule, albeit a slightly tougher schedule, and won more convincingly.

LOL

How many TOs did the Giants have and who have they beaten?

Sorry man, I can't let that go.

TEX
09-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Ok - Denver has played a slightly harder schedule. Yep. True. But didn't they win the division last year so aren't they supposed to? But I'll tell you something - while thier schedule has been slightly harder in terms of opponent's victories (1 game difference) Nobody in the NFL has had it so easy in terms of rest and venue. That's a fact. 10 games rest before games 1 & 2 and 8 games rest between games 2 & 3 with 2 of 3 being at home. If you don't think it matters - think again. Oh, Where does Denver play this week? Home again? Yep. 3 out of 4 and counting...

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Mayock said Bowe was in bracket coverage all game in Philly. Honestly, that's all I've paid attention to. My generalized statement could be wrong. It's can also be difficult to get a read on coverage from watching the TV broadcast. They just don't show the field like that on an every-down basis. That's why I'm always interested to see people talk about the games when they're there in person.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-24-2013, 04:59 PM
@NFLosophy: The Chiefs have a remarkable linebacker corps that played with a good mix of aggressiveness and discipline. Most teams don't have that.

@NFLosophy: KC's discipline and gap control by the linebackers was incredible. McCoy just made some ridiculous moves at the LOS to get free.

@NFLosophy: Kansas City played pretty much the perfect defense against the Eagles last week. McCoy still ran for 158 yards on 20 carries.

@NFLosophy: As long as Shady McCoy is healthy, the Eagles are going to run all over everyone they play against.

listopencil
09-25-2013, 10:34 AM
AFC West
Denver Broncos: Peyton Manning has had 13 of his 122 passes dropped which is the highest amount in the league. That is 10.7% of his passes which is also the highest rate. The league average is 6.1%

Kansas City Chiefs: In a case where perception meets reality, Alex Smith has had his passes go in the air for 10 yards or less on 82.9% of his passes; the highest rate in the league.

Oakland Raiders: On deep passes, Terrelle Pryor has three completions for 143 yards — an average of nearly 48 yards per completion which is the best for those with at least two deep completions. However, his Accuracy Percentage on deep attempts of 30.8 is amongst the lowest in the league.

San Diego Chargers: Philip Rivers has an Accuracy Percentage of 88.4% on third down passes which is the highest rate in the league. He has been accurate on 23 of his 26 passes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/24/32-observations-week-3-2/

Mile High Mania
09-29-2013, 09:00 AM
I hope the division dominates today...

TimBone
09-29-2013, 09:04 AM
@NFLosophy: KC's discipline and gap control by the linebackers was incredible. McCoy just made some ridiculous moves at the LOS to get free.

This is absolutely true. I was amazed at some of the moves he was making to get around folks when we were in perfect position at the LOS. He's nifty as hell.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Shady Vick show in Pile High. Can't wait to see Nacho boy look foolish again.

Mile High Mania
09-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Shady Vick show in Pile High. Can't wait to see Nacho boy look foolish again.

Should be a good one with lots of points, Denver wins though.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Should be a good one with lots of points, Denver wins though.

Agreed. Iggles D doesn't have the horses.

Mile High Mania
09-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Agreed. Iggles D doesn't have the horses.

Yeah, but anything can happen.. wouldn't be shocked if PHI pulled out a win.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:15 AM

Shit. I am worried about an 0-3 Giants team actually showing up.

vailpass
09-29-2013, 09:37 AM

I would. I think we fuck them up.

Mile High Mania
09-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Shit. I am worried about an 0-3 Giants team actually showing up.

And rightfully so, it's not like they are void of playmakers.

Mile High Mania
09-30-2013, 09:24 AM
My thoughts...

Chiefs 34 / Giants 20
Broncos 44 / Eagles 34
Cowboys 27 / Chargers 24
Redskins 20 / Raiders 16

So...
DEN was actually 52-20 (too much credit to PHI in my projection)
KC was actually 31-7 (close with KC, NY failed)
SD was actually 30-21 (off)
OAK was 14-24 ... (close enough)

And, that my friends is why I don't gamble or play point spreads...

ptlyon
09-30-2013, 09:29 AM
And, that my friends is why I don't gamble or play point spreads...

Point spreads are for Pussies anyways