PDA

View Full Version : Football Egomania Tournament: Round 2, Heat 6

Rain Man
09-24-2013, 09:42 PM
This one heat has a really strong draw. Really strong. It'll be interesting to see who makes it out alive and spouting self-serving comments.

Rain Man
09-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeesh. This is a tough one.

#1 - Terrell Owens. This guy is hard to beat. He got himself run off of how many teams? And was essentially blackballed for reasons that had nothing to do with his talent? Amazing.

#2 - 1972 Dolphins. Honestly, Bosworth could be above them, but I like the concept of an entire team being egotistic. And they really are.

#3 - Brian Bosworth. It's hard to not vote for this guy. He really thought he was awesome. And he wasn't.

#4 - Shannon Sharpe. This may be the first time he's ever ranked last in an ego contest. But I can't vote for him here.

BlackHelicopters
09-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Owens and the rest.

Rasputin
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM
72 Dolphins win this thing would only give them a bigger ego for going undefeated again.

They didn't play anybody good that year wasn't it a strike year?

Rain Man
09-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Holy cow. Could TO get knocked out of the tournament early?

Mr. Kotter
09-25-2013, 01:43 PM
72 Dolphins win this thing would only give them a bigger ego for going undefeated again.

17-0...no strike; was still a 14 game season back then.

whoman69
09-25-2013, 02:00 PM

It wasn't a strike year. They started off the year beating the Chiefs, who were coming off a division championship. They beat the Colts twice, two years removed from their own Super Bowl title. They beat the wildcard Browns and the Steelers who were fresh off the Immaculate Reception win over the Raiders. Coming into the SB the Redskins were favored. Dolphins had 2 1000-yard rushers when it meant something, nearly 3000 total rushing. They were first in offense and defense. They were +18 in turnover differential.

Rain Man
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM
In the greatest upset in sports ego history, Terrell Owens is out. Owens is out!

I thought for sure he'd be a final four guy at least.

Shannon Sharpe and the only perfect team in NFL history move on.