PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LNBS: Offense or Defense?

Sorter
09-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Which would you rather me break down after our game with the Giants?
Offense?
Defense?
Special teams?

Notes:
* I feel pretty comfortable with the terminology/philosohpies our defense utilizes and would be able to provide an in-depth breakdown. This is also easier to me due to the E/P offense the Giants run.

*I feel that the offensive principles and route concepts used by Reid are those I have a familiarity with but the terminology is iffy for those wanting a true WCO breakdown. I can do it but it will require a bit more time in all likelihood if you want WCO nomenclature.

*Special Teams will likely bore everyone due to the lack of Terrence Copper and inability for all to access A22. If there is a special teams score or significant play (block, return, etc.) I will include it in the breakdown.

So. The God of Mischief awaits your decision.

Baby Lee
09-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Which one was the biggest pain in your ass again? ;)

j/k - my staunch hope is that this game is so anti-climactic as to not merit excessive tarrying and toil [ie, Chiefs dirt-rolling those punks early and often], though even then it still might be nice to get used to these kinds of treatments for when the big games come down the pike.

BossChief
09-26-2013, 12:35 AM
I'd like an in depth breakdown of the 3-3-5 defense we intend to continue using and how Siler can be the best tackler out of that set.

Also, if you have time of course, can you break down Dexters ability to be quicker and faster than Jamaal Charles.

I'll be over here, suckin on this chili dog.

/RIP

Sorter
09-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Which one was the biggest pain in your ass again? ;)

j/k - my staunch hope is that this game is so anti-climactic as to not merit excessive tarrying and toil [ie, Chiefs dirt-rolling those punks early and often], though even then it still might be nice to get used to these kinds of treatments for when the big games come down the pike.

ROFL

Definitely our offense, if we want the terminiology correct. The protection/blocking principles aren't much different than what I'm used to but the terminology is not going to be fun to check .

Also, I know Fewell runs a Tampa 2 base with a fluid front change, so that might be a bit of a problem (but interesting as well).

Rasputin
09-26-2013, 03:09 AM
I think Rodney Hudson has been playing better than he is getting credit for but that right side on the O-line needs to pull their wait and get better in a hurry.

threebag
09-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Christina's return to The Voice

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Offense

It's the side of the ball that needs the most inspection.

the Talking Can
09-26-2013, 05:58 AM
defense

Earthling
09-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Offense

It's the side of the ball that needs the most inspection.

This

aturnis
09-26-2013, 06:03 AM
I'd like to see an in depth analysis of why our offense seems so inept. ...

Also, its be nice if someone could confirm my belief that Bitter doesn't get targeted b/c he's just too far away out there on the sideline.

BlackHelicopters
09-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Special teams.

loochy
09-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Defense. I don't want to see any more about this crappy O

Aspengc8
09-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Offense. I'm familiar with WCO naming convention and playcalling, we used its naming scheme in college ball. Id like to see if you can put up some gifs or videos specifically on the plays Alex is holding on a bit too long. I want to see if the throwing lane is there or is he just afraid to make that throw downfield. I have a feeling there are a lot of plays with receivers running 1v1 and he just wont make the throw.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 07:24 AM
I'd like to see an in depth analysis of why our offense seems so inept. ...

The KC offense is ranked 14th in efficiency... not impressive, but a good start.

loochy
09-26-2013, 09:39 AM
The KC offense is ranked 14th in efficiency... not impressive, but a good start.

please define efficiency as used in that calculation

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Offense, definitely. The defense has had plenty of analysis so far this year.

(And hopefully it's a good offensive performance)

Rausch
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Defense.

Most importantly what you've observed that's different/deviating from the Rex D...

Molitoth
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM

:spock:

Sorter
09-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Defense.

Most importantly what you've observed that's different/deviating from the Rex D...

Really, it's been about 2 fronts and that's it.

whoman69
09-26-2013, 12:23 PM
If any poll deserves a Gaz, this one does.

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 12:30 PM
I would love to see some objective play by play analysis of the offense.

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I totally read this as "LBGT: Offense or Defense" and wondered what Sorter was trying to tell us.

philfree
09-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Where was the No Thanks option?

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Where was the No Thanks option?

Right next to the "Get fucked, nobody has ever once thought you were a remotely insightful poster" option.

Bitch.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:09 PM
I totally read this as "LBGT: Offense or Defense" and wondered what Sorter was trying to tell us.

Lesbians can be offensive to some.

Gays can be quite defensive about particular scarfs and matching them with outfits.

Bisexuals are a special member of a unique team.

Transsexuals are like zebras?

Chief Roundup
09-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Chose the Gaz option.
I look at this like a bag of Lay's Potato chips. It takes all the chips to make up the bag. It takes all the units to make up the team. Since you can't eat just one chip, you can't breakdown just one unit either.

Chief Roundup
09-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Would stipulate to one unit a week if that would be more interesting as well as easier.

philfree
09-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Right next to the "Get ****ed, nobody has ever once thought you were a remotely insightful poster" option.

Bitch.

OMG how will I ever go on?

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:19 PM
OMG how will I ever go on?

You won't. You'll contemplate how unimportant and insignificant you are. After drinking tequila for 3 straight days, you'll finally arrive at the conclusion that was always awaiting you: that you are meaningless, you have no impact upon anything of significance in your pitiful excuse for existence, and your should eagerly incite an early death via consumption of several martini glasses of bleach.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Would stipulate to one unit a week if that would be more interesting as well as easier.

This is possible.

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Lesbians can be offensive to some.

Gays can be quite defensive about particular scarfs and matching them with outfits.

Bisexuals are a special member of a unique team.

Transsexuals are like zebras?I thought maybe you were trying to see who preferred to throw the ball, and who preferred to catch it. LMAO

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I thought maybe you were trying to see who preferred to throw the ball, and who preferred to catch it. LMAO

ROFL

"And now announcing, our LBGT Football lineup for the evening! Starting at Free Safety, Kerry Rhodes!!!"

Dave Lane
09-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Defense. I don't want to see any more about this crappy O

Word

philfree
09-26-2013, 01:37 PM
You won't. You'll contemplate how unimportant and insignificant you are. After drinking tequila for 3 straight days, you'll finally arrive at the conclusion that was always awaiting you: that you are meaningless, you have no impact upon anything of significance in your pitiful excuse for existence, and your should eagerly incite an early death via consumption of several martini glasses of bleach.

LOL you actually think your posting on this forum has some kind of real value.

Dave Lane
09-26-2013, 01:38 PM

Wow this type of criticism is normally reserved for stevieray and halfcan. Pretty telling to be in that crowd.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:39 PM
LOL you actually think your posting on this forum has some kind of real value.

Speculation.

mr. tegu
09-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Personally I would like to see how well player assistants are doing their job on the sidelines. How quick are they getting the water to the players? Are they taking the best routes possible and hitting the holes? Hydration is key.

philfree
09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Speculation.

I guess I was the only one who wasn't sitting here waiting for you to come enlighten us with your awe inspiring knowledge.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I guess I was the only one who wasn't sitting here waiting for you to come enlighten us with your awe inspiring knowledge.

It's probably you and blackbob.

However, I'm pretty certain that if you were so displeased with my arrogance, pitiful knowledge of football, and love for felines from the Amazon, you would have simply refrained from making the voluntary, conscious decision to click on this thread.

Unless you're mentally ill and cannot control your impulses, I'd say that you're intrigued by me due to your choice of action. Obsessed is probably too strong at this point, (unless you begin sending me PMs) but rather, I'd say that you're quite envious.

philfree
09-26-2013, 02:00 PM
It's probably you and blackbob.

However, I'm pretty certain that if you were so displeased with my arrogance, pitiful knowledge of football, and love for felines from the Amazon, you would have simply refrained from making the voluntary, conscious decision to click on this thread.

Unless you're mentally ill and cannot control your impulses, I'd say that you're intrigued by me due to your choice of action. Obsessed is probably too strong at this point, (unless you begin sending me PMs) but rather, I'd say that you're quite envious.

Really I just hovered my cursor over the topic. Didn't you win Noob of The Year? It's hard to imagine that such a thing could actually go to ones head.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
offense. please. maybe you can reach some of the football challenged loudmouths on this board.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Really I just hovered my cursor over the topic. Didn't you win Noob of The Year? It's hard to imagine that such a thing could actually go to ones head.

You can simply hover, then your computer uploads your thoughts as a post without clicking on the thread then typing a message?

You're sitting on a goldmine, mein Dame.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:06 PM

The fact you've retained this knowledge adds evidence to my theory of envy.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 02:08 PM

he is arrogant, but he isn't a prick. and, he actually studies the game enough to blow most cp posters to pieces.

Lastly, this is a mssg board for football fans -- it'd improve the rep here to talk football once in awhile. Save your criticism for his post, Mike Ditka.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 02:08 PM
The fact you've retained this knowledge adds evidence to my theory of envy.

:D

philfree
09-26-2013, 02:19 PM
he is arrogant, but he isn't a prick. and, he actually studies the game enough to blow most cp posters to pieces.

Lastly, this is a mssg board for football fans -- it'd improve the rep here to talk football once in awhile. Save your criticism for his post, Mike Ditka.

He knows his football that's for sure but c'mon man. If he wants to break shit down and write it up then do it instead of acting like an internet messiah .

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2013, 02:22 PM
definitely break down the offense because it's offensive outside of sir Charles.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:23 PM
He knows his football that's for sure but c'mon man. If he wants to break shit down and write it up then do it instead of acting like an internet messiah .

Speculation.

Additionally, I'm not sure how asking people what they'd like evaluated, then providing a method to accurately display, record, and receive results of their selections is parading around as an internet messiah.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:23 PM

This is also blatant speculation.

philfree
09-26-2013, 02:30 PM
This is also blatant speculation.

Whatever.

philfree
09-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Speculation.

Additionally, I'm not sure how asking people what they'd like evaluated, then providing a method to accurately display, record, and receive results of their selections is parading around as an internet messiah.

Guess I missed where someone was asking for you to share your knowledge. What are these selections you speak of?

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Guess I missed where someone was asking for you to share your knowledge. What are these selections you speak of?

The poll results.

Really? Was that a real question?

philfree
09-26-2013, 02:46 PM
The poll results.

Really? Was that a real question?

You didn't refer to the pole when you said selections so I thought maybe there was something else.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 02:46 PM

CP Unspoken Rule #1

You, the poster, are a football messiah.

philfree
09-26-2013, 02:47 PM
CP Unspoken Rule #1

You, the poster, are a football messiah.

Genieouses!

Bowser
09-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I voted offense, but really I fear that most of that unit's woes are directly related to the play of the offensive line, or lack thereof.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Offense. I'm familiar with WCO naming convention and playcalling, we used its naming scheme in college ball. Id like to see if you can put up some gifs or videos specifically on the plays Alex is holding on a bit too long. I want to see if the throwing lane is there or is he just afraid to make that throw downfield. I have a feeling there are a lot of plays with receivers running 1v1 and he just wont make the throw.

I have seen Smith leave plays on the field, but that is not nearly as many plays as folks here claim it is. So far, about half his misses are on him, the other half are on the OL not maintaining throwing lanes for this type offense or blocking was shambles, resulting in zero time for play development.

If you played WCO then you know throwing lanes are uber important to the scheme and timing is also a huge factor. I don't see but a few plays per game where the QB has had ample blocking for offensive plays to develop -- and when they do give the offense enough time, the play call is not a deep strike call.

It sucks when your blockers succeed at random.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Genieouses!

*facepalm*

Sorter
09-26-2013, 02:57 PM
You didn't refer to the pole when you said selections so I thought maybe there was something else.

Leave Direckshun out of this.

Bowser
09-26-2013, 02:58 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8X_Ot0k4XJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun
09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Speculation.

Waaaaaaaaaaait wait wait wait.

Then WHO HAVE I BEEN PRAYING TO for the past two years?

All this time I thought it was fucking Sorter. Christ, I've been celibate too.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:01 PM

All this time I thought it was ****ing Sorter. Christ, I've been celibate too.

ROFL

T-post Tom
09-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Can you break down the cheerleading squad's routine for us?

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:02 PM

All this time I thought it was ****ing Sorter. Christ, I've been celibate too.

http://static.tumblr.com/f0f7e37c67156e637f0ac7b185265b1a/mktp68u/wxjmott16/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_hello_trickster.gif

Bowser
09-26-2013, 03:04 PM

I have this one covered. It goes as follows -

It sucks.

philfree

That was awful. My spelling I mean.

*facepalm*

We are all internet genieouseses here on Chiefs Planet. You hadn't figured that out yet?

Sorter

I could try. I'd give it my very best effort, I can assure you of that.

However, I can promise that you''ll find the results both mesmerizing and not entirely deep. Would be a gif/pic heavy thread indeed.

For scientific purposes, of course.

T-post Tom
09-26-2013, 03:05 PM
I have this one covered. It goes as follows -

It sucks.

teh gey. nttiawwt.:p

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:05 PM
That was awful. My spelling I mean.

We are all internet genieouseses here on Chiefs Planet. You hadn't figured that out yet?

It's okay, I exploited it for cross-thread humor.

Sorter saves the day again!! My ego is soooooo...

...unsatisfied.

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Break down my game thread. IT'S THE QUIZNO'S KEY 2 THE GAME

Bowser
09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
teh gey. nttiawwt.:p

Heh.

Here, I'll share Joe Seahawk's excellent video he found of the Seahags and Niners game. Notice the Seahawk cheerleaders. Ours neither look like thiers nor dance like theirs (not that I'm an expert or anything. Just an amateur purveyor of NFL cheerleaders)...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/waJzabsJRms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

*EDIT - Big fan of the one at the 3:09 mark....

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Break down my game thread. IT'S THE QUIZNO'S KEY 2 THE GAME

This would be worthy challenge. Your personnel groupings coupled with the alignments are pretty ingenious. Terminology would be a struggle but hey, it's a process.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Heh.

Here, I'll share Joe Seahawk's excellent video he found of the Seahags and Niners game. Notice the Seahawk cheerleaders. Ours neither look like thiers nor dance like theirs (not that I'm an expert or anything. Just an amateur purveyor of NFL cheerleaders)...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/waJzabsJRms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would like to become an expert.

T-post Tom
09-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Heh.

Nice. Good call on 3:09. Yum.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2013, 03:55 PM
It should definitely be passing offense. :evil:

Sorter
09-28-2013, 07:17 PM
It appears offense has won.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Seriously, Sorter, if you never actually start this thread, I will fucking trash you.

Prepare yourself.

Baby Lee
09-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Seriously, Sorter, if you never actually start this thread, I will fucking trash you.

Prepare your anus.

FYP

splatbass
09-28-2013, 11:03 PM

No, you weren't the only one.

Sorter
09-29-2013, 03:35 AM
No, you weren't the only one.

LMAO

Sorter
09-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Seriously, Sorter, if you never actually start this thread, I will ****ing trash you.

Prepare yourself.

You have my word as a football narcissist, in the eyes of philfree and splatbass.

vailpass
09-29-2013, 03:40 AM
You have my word as a football narcissist, in the eyes of philfree and splatbass.

Even as an outsider I've been looking for your analysis on the KC O....

Sorter
09-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Even as an outsider I've been looking for your analysis on the KC O....

You're fucking stupid. He's an arrogant asshole. Fuck Sorter and his stupid fascination with pardalis, and his superior attitude towards defensive alignments. Also, if I didn't kick puppies, I'd totally slaughter platypuses out of spite.

/splatbass (Known ocelot and platypus murderer).

Sorter
09-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Also, Sorter is such an arrogant dick for using Latin names to avoid confusion with people from various countries. Seriously, fuck that guy.

/philfree

vailpass
09-29-2013, 03:55 AM

:D Think globally, act locally, fuck the platipus haters. What other mammal lays eggs?/trying not to drop the phone in the hot tub.

Aspengc8
09-29-2013, 04:54 AM
I have seen Smith leave plays on the field, but that is not nearly as many plays as folks here claim it is. So far, about half his misses are on him, the other half are on the OL not maintaining throwing lanes for this type offense or blocking was shambles, resulting in zero time for play development.

If you played WCO then you know throwing lanes are uber important to the scheme and timing is also a huge factor. I don't see but a few plays per game where the QB has had ample blocking for offensive plays to develop -- and when they do give the offense enough time, the play call is not a deep strike call.

It sucks when your blockers succeed at random.

We mainly used their play calling system. But you are correct, timing is huge. I mean, we ran a lot of WC route combos (smash/curl flat/double slants/etc) but then again, every offense uses bits and pieces now. It was revolutionary at the time so offenses evolved and took what they liked. For example, i think walshs brown/blue were near/far formations, were we used brown/blue as strong/weak I. Same end result, different concepts (slightly).

Baby Lee
09-29-2013, 05:10 AM

Can't even keep up with the evolution of pluralization of egg bearing mammals.

vive la platypi!!!

At the very least, go pedantic with platypodes.

philfree
09-29-2013, 05:32 AM
/philfree

So after a few posts a couple days ago I'm still on your mind at 4:00 in the AM? You must have like that attention.

Sorter
09-29-2013, 10:45 AM
So after a few posts a couple days ago I'm still on your mind at 4:00 in the AM? You must have like that attention.

Duh.