PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

the Talking Can
09-26-2013, 06:07 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/25/4767278/how-good-is-the-chiefs-offense

some numbers to chew on from arrowhead pride

The Chiefs are actually 12th in the league in PPG, at 23.7. But if you take away the 14 points the defense is directly responsible for, that number drops to 19 PPG, which would be tied for 23rd - with the Raiders. The Chiefs are relying on the defense to score points, which isn't good. Defensive scoring is random and shouldn't be part of the game plan. They didn't need Tamba Hali's pick-6 to beat the Jaguars, but they did need Eric Berry's against the Eagles.

They also are just not moving the ball; their 333 yds/gm is 21st in the league and their 4.9 yds/play ranks 25th. "Well Kyle," you may ask, " if the Chiefs offense is so bad, how are they undefeated this year?" That's an excellent question, thank you for asking. The answer is that the defense and special teams are much, much better than we thought.

The problem the Chiefs are having is getting to the Red Zone in the first place. They're 30th in yards per drive, with only Tampa Bay and Jacksonville behind them, and Cleveland directly in front of them (not good company to be in). This is a really, really bad offense. But here's the real kicker: the Chiefs' offense has the best starting field position in the NFL this year, and still can't score.

The Chiefs average 17 yards per drive better field position than their opponents (ok, ok, 16.95), the best mark in the NFL (2nd table). Only two other teams average more than 10 yards better starting field position than their opponents (New England and Chicago). The Chiefs' average starting line of scrimmage (LOS) is their own 36.97 yard line (best in the NFL), while their opponents average starting LOS is their own 20.02 yard line (also best in the NFL). What all of that means is the Chiefs's offense is handed consistently great starting field position and can't do anything with it, then they let the special teams pin opponents deep in their own territory. The defense bails out the offense by not letting opponents move the ball, giving the offense the ball back with great starting field position. Lather, rinse, repeat.

There's a nice breakdown of our defense against philly over there as well:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/25/4760342/nfl-schedule-results-rg3-injury-cam-newton-josh-freeman-chip-kelly-eagles

I have to reiterate and emphasize just how much the Chiefs played man to man -- like a ton of it. And they have the secondary to handle it, unlike most teams in the NFL. Specifically, they matched up Sean Smith on Cooper a lot on the outside. If this had been a prize fight, Cooper's corner would have thrown in the towel somewhere around the middle of the second quarter. Smith owned him right up until the end of the game when he started cramping up. Cooper just couldn't shake him, especially on those aforementioned deep routes Kelly had him running all game.

BlackHelicopters
09-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Water is wet.

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 06:16 AM
3rd and short is a huge issue.

If I remember correctly we converted on 3rd and long 3 times and failed to convert 3 times on 3rd and 2 or less last week.

loochy
09-26-2013, 06:18 AM
NO THATS JUST ALEX SMITH BEING EFFICIENT

IF THE DEFENDING IS GOOD THEN THE OFFENSE IS SUPPOSED TO SUCK

ANDY REID VANILLA OFFENSE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE AWAY SUPER TOP SECRET PLAYS

/Smith Homer dumbasses

Ceej
09-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Give the fucking ball to Jamaal.

09-26-2013, 06:20 AM

/Smith Homer dumbasses

nice ROFL

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Give the ****ing ball to Jamaal.

We do, the line can't run block until late in the game though.

KCUnited
09-26-2013, 06:44 AM
I think you have to remove the 2nd half offense numbers in JAX when we clearly took our foot off the throttle.

TheUte
09-26-2013, 06:56 AM
0 for 3 on 3rd and 1.

whoman69
09-26-2013, 07:05 AM
I guess it goes to show that even if your offense sucks, if you don't turn the ball over you have a chance. Two things can fix the offense quickly. Convert on 3rd down and occasionally take a shot downfield to open the field.

duncan_idaho
09-26-2013, 07:06 AM
3-0!

22-5-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being concerned about the offensive performance and skeptical this blueprint is good enough to stand up to other playoff teams is just being alarmist!

Brock
09-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Can't we just be happy about 3-0

FlaChief58
09-26-2013, 07:08 AM

Are you new here?

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:09 AM

I thought we'd be competitive this year with Alex because he doesn't turn it over.

I think the groaning is from those with unrealistic expectations from our QB. He is what he is.

blaise
09-26-2013, 07:10 AM
"Oh, good. They finally threw to Bowe. Oh, he dropped it."

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 07:10 AM
gee, I dint know that /anti smiff-ers

Earthling
09-26-2013, 07:11 AM
If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

Lex Luthor
09-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0. Last week the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, yet we only had a 10 point lead. I was sure we were going to lose that game up until the 5:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Having said all of that, I'm still pretty damn happy with the job Andy Reid has done with this team. I think the offense will get better, and I like wondering how the hell this team is 3-0 a hell of a lot better than the shit we've been fed for nearly a decade.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:14 AM
But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

I wouldn't say the whole line has been $#itty.

I really like Albert's play. Big John and Hudson have been good with bad moments.

I'm not sold on our other 2...

crossbow
09-26-2013, 07:16 AM
Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

Dave Lane
09-26-2013, 07:17 AM
I thought we'd be competitive this year with Alex because he doesn't turn it over.

I think the groaning is from those with unrealistic expectations from our QB. He is what he is.

Yup very mediocre. I do think its possible Andy Reid will succeed in getting him into the hall of mediocre. Alex is THAT good at it.

BigCatDaddy
09-26-2013, 07:18 AM

/Smith Homer dumbasses

LMAO

Nailed it.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 07:18 AM

I really like Albert's play. Big John and Hudson have been good with bad moments.

Will Shields was on 610 yesterday ripping the OL and specifically called Albert out.

He concluded they need to work as a unit in this offensive scheme.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a fucking fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

Sandy Vagina
If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

Very true. KC has been very fortunate in their field position, thanks to the K/P returns and defensive turnovers.

( 1st in the league!!!! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats )

Now, I ask ya.. is the offense to be punished by you because they haven't had to do more? haven't had to travel 80 yards down the field every drive?

No one is deluding themselves into thinking this offense is remarkable and running on all cylinders. They are just being realistic in accepting that the new system will take time to get into top gear... particularly the OL.. which IS ranked 7th worst so far in pass pro. The run blocking is ranked 5th best... but I think we all see issues there, and then factor in the QB's run yards to help that number.

Dave Lane

Need to draft moar OL. Cuz drafting a QB is risky. Sometimes they take like a year or something to get good. OL dominate from the very beginning.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Will Shields was on 610 yesterday ripping the OL and specifically called Albert out.

He'd know better than me.

2/5ths of this line is new. The offense is new to all of them.

I expect the line as a whole to play better as the season goes on...

vailpass
09-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Oh what does he know about OL play?

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Need to draft moar OL. Cuz drafting a QB is risky. Sometimes they take like a year or something to get good. OL dominate from the very beginning.

Completely disagree. After we go 10-7 and get face raped in our 1st playoff game we need to trade up and get a solid 3-technique to replace Tyson Jackson (who we'll cut to sign a new FB and TE in free agency...)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM
There's just no way this team escapes a 3 or 4 game losing streak at some point. It's unfortunate, but the offense is that bad.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Oh what does he know about OL play?

He didn't have to grease his jersey or block at the knees to make the HOF...

Bearcat
09-26-2013, 07:24 AM

/Smith Homer dumbasses

3-0!

22-5-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being concerned about the offensive performance and skeptical this blueprint is good enough to stand up to other playoff teams is just being alarmist!

I love you guys. LMAO

(no homo)

(nttawwt)

duncan_idaho
09-26-2013, 07:25 AM

If you take away all defensive scores, the Chiefs would be tied with the Bills for 19th in the league in points per game.

The Chiefs have scored more defensive touchdowns than everyone except for the Bears (who would still score more PPG even subtracting 21 from their total than the Chiefs are scoring WITH their defensive TDs), the Cowboys (also 2, also would still rank higher than KC by quite a lot), and the Redskins (also 2).

Rausch
There's just no way this team escapes a 3 or 4 game losing streak at some point. It's unfortunate, but the offense is that bad.

I doubt that.

I think we'll start 4-0 and then finish 6-6.

10-6, road playoff game, lose by about 13 pts.

Better than I expected and good enough to sell the team on the Dorsey/Phat Andy rebuild...

Strongside
We have Denver right where we want them.

FRCDFED
09-26-2013, 07:26 AM
The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

With this being said, the times the offense has been needed to convert on 3rd and short they have not been effective. The OL clearly has to improve and if they are able to, then I would expect us to completely dominate the TOP thus improving our chances even more to be successful.

chop
09-26-2013, 07:26 AM

I agree. AS needs his TEs. I think (hope) the offense is going to improve once they are able to get out on the field.

Strongside
09-26-2013, 07:27 AM
...and there are some cynical, jaded motherfuckers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 07:28 AM
...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

for real. :thumb:

vailpass
09-26-2013, 07:29 AM
He didn't have to grease his jersey or block at the knees to make the HOF...

"Be a whole lot cooler if you did"/McConahey

Bwana
09-26-2013, 07:29 AM

Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

vailpass
09-26-2013, 07:30 AM
We have Denver right where we want them.

"Say when"/Doc

KCUnited
09-26-2013, 07:31 AM
...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

I tailgate before church because my fandom is just like real life.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 07:32 AM
C'mon guys, this new offensive system takes time to learn.

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

Braincase
09-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2013, 07:34 AM

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:35 AM
I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

I don't.

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

The problem with playing scared (playoff Martyball) is you allow inferior teams to stay in the game. Even bad teams can luck into 10 pts. Being 10 pts down with more than 8 minutes to in the 4th allows a team to stay balanced on offense.

20 down with 8 to go and you have no option but to become one dimensional and predictable (helping the defense to preserve the lead.)

the Talking Can
09-26-2013, 07:35 AM
i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 07:36 AM

... and how are their defenses doing? Is there defense stopping teams to 11.3 pts per game? Hmmm let's take a look...

KC - 11.3 pts per game allowed.
CH - 24.7 pts per game allowed.
SD - 27 pts per game allowed.
PH - 28.7 pts per game allowed.

Something very different here... wonder what it could be? Maybe thsoe other teams are forced into getting back from bigger deficits? Hmm.....

vailpass
09-26-2013, 07:36 AM
i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 07:40 AM

With this being said, the times the offense has been needed to convert on 3rd and short they have not been effective. The OL clearly has to improve and if they are able to, then I would expect us to completely dominate the TOP thus improving our chances even more to be successful.

I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

tredadda
09-26-2013, 07:40 AM

This team could have the 16-0 Patriots offense and the 1985 Bears defense and some on here would still find something to complain about.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:41 AM

I have complete control over my life.

I only have any (however insignificant) control over the Chiefs when they play at home and I attend a game.

Also, keep in mind these "cynical, jaded mother****ers on here" created a web site, FB account, and paid money to fly banners to pressure change.

And change came...

Earthling
09-26-2013, 07:42 AM
Very true. KC has been very fortunate in their field position, thanks to the K/P returns and defensive turnovers.

( 1st in the league!!!! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats )

Now, I ask ya.. is the offense to be punished by you because they haven't had to do more? haven't had to travel 80 yards down the field every drive?

Thats impossible to determine. Of course it deprives the offense the possibility of more yardage on TD drives though.

No one is deluding themselves into thinking this offense is remarkable and running on all cylinders. They are just being realistic in accepting that the new system will take time to get into top gear... particularly the OL.. which IS ranked 7th worst so far in pass pro. The run blocking is ranked 5th best... but I think we all see issues there, and then factor in the QB's run yards to help that number.

5th best in run blocking seems generous but it is what it is.

FRCDFED
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
I don't.

The problem with playing scared (playoff Martyball) is you allow inferior teams to stay in the game. Even bad teams can luck into 10 pts. Being 10 pts down with more than 8 minutes to in the 4th allows a team to stay balanced on offense.

20 down with 8 to go and you have no option but to become one dimensional and predictable (helping the defense to preserve the lead.)

I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

dirk digler
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

Yep. he also had QB's that could throw past 10 yards.

BigCatDaddy
09-26-2013, 07:44 AM

LMAO He was being sarcastic and mocking some fans.

Bwana
09-26-2013, 07:44 AM

Indeed, but this place will be a fun read after our first loss.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 07:45 AM
5th best in run blocking seems generous but it is what it is.

I agree, but I really think they added in Alex's runs... add in JC's 55 yds to Alex's 57 yds on a 7.1 yards per carry in week 2? Guess that makes a big difference on this run ranking.

OnTheWarpath15
....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".

BigCatDaddy

I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Yep. he also had QB's that could throw past 10 yards.

Welp, that's on him.

He hand-picked the guy who won't throw downfield.

Bwana
09-26-2013, 07:47 AM
LMAO He was being sarcastic and mocking some fans.

Nooooooo :)

tredadda
09-26-2013, 07:47 AM
I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

I would rather just win.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 07:48 AM

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY WITH 3-0?

Sandy Vagina
I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

You think Reid wouldn't get massive heat for that?

Rausch

Smith is a logical guy.

He locates the easiest completion with lowest risk.

He completes the pass.

He moves on to the next down.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

Earthling
If you take away all defensive scores, the Chiefs would be tied with the Bills for 19th in the league in points per game.

Yeah, that seems realistic. Better than 23rd but not much better. I gotta believe the o-line performance will improve and its great that we are getting wins while still going thru growing pains.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 07:49 AM
... and how are their defenses doing? Is there defense stopping teams to 11.3 pts per game? Hmmm let's take a look...

KC - 11.3 pts per game allowed.
CH - 24.7 pts per game allowed.
SD - 27 pts per game allowed.
PH - 28.7 pts per game allowed.

Something very different here... wonder what it could be? Maybe thsoe other teams are forced into getting back from bigger deficits? Hmm.....

What ya got, BigMouth58? nothing to say?

dirk digler
Welp, that's on him.

He hand-picked the guy who won't throw downfield.

I agree and I don't quite understand it.

Rausch
I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

Playing football is dangerous.

You still play until the final whistle...

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:50 AM
I agree and I don't quite understand it.

I do, I just don't agree with it...

Sandy Vagina
Smith is a logical guy.

He completes the pass.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

actually, so far, he's made the play asked of him only 53% of the time... :(

BigCatDaddy
I would rather just win.

It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about. I'd like to see a 14 point plus beatdown of the Giants this week.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Playing football is dangerous.

You still play until the final whistle...

You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 07:54 AM

Why argue with you?

You're just going to make more excuses.

To think that offenses only score what they need to score is one of the single dumbest arguments I've ever read in 8 years here.

Using your batshit insane logic, the Broncos should be taking their foot of the pedal at 24 points. They are giving up 23.

Instead, they are scoring 43 a game.

Why?

Because they can, and because teams don't just quit scoring in close games because they feel they have all the points they need.

Do you keep a book full of these excuses?

Or have you used them all so many times you've committed them to memory?

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:55 AM

Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

taterhog
09-26-2013, 07:56 AM

You mean Bowe's not injured? Huh. I remember seeing him hug Andy after the Gatorade shower, but between the opening kickoff and that, I don't remember seeing him much. He must have been on when I was grabbing a beer.

Rausch
You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.

If you're up by 21 pts with 8 minutes left.

If the other team still has a legit shot to win (14 down with 8 left) you better not let up...

Ceej
Some people on here would bitch if we managed to win the Super Bowl 77-0.

Bwana
09-26-2013, 07:57 AM
It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about.

I would be great if that were that were the case, but there is a lot of improvement from last year overall and I hope they keep improving and get better before the end of the year. The biggest concern IMHO is the OL and their inconsistency. Honest question, what did you expect out of this team before the beginning of the season?

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 07:58 AM

You've obviously never played a down of football in your life.

You're told from an early age - that when you quit playing 100%, you're mor likely to get hurt.

Why would we let up in the Dallas or Philly game?

Both of them were close (on more than the other) throughout.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 07:59 AM

No, they wouldn't.

We would bitch because some of us will be lucky to hit 77 and see us in a super bowl...

OnTheWarpath15

You look just as stupid as these Niner fans when you say things like this.

You're better than that.

Earthling
Comp% will come with time. His 2nd WR didn't even become that until the preseason was about over. His main TE is injured. His O line is not exactly helping him out in pass protection.

I think his numbers will slowly bounce up to what they were the last 1.5 seasons in SF...

Agreed.

duncan_idaho

Philly's line situation is remarkably similar to the Chiefs:

Rookie RT (who is the LTotF, they swear) in Lane Johnson
Veterans who have been with the team a while at the other four spots, including an underappreciated LT and a few guys who struggled with injuries last year.

Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".

And this.

kcchiefsus
09-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Just like it's too early to call the defense dominant, it's too early to say the offense sucks. 3 games is too small of a sample size.

dirk digler
09-26-2013, 08:01 AM
I do, I just don't agree with it...

Explain it to me then pretty please

Messier
09-26-2013, 08:02 AM
WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY WITH 3-0?

Being a real fan must suck ass. Are you really just frustrated as can be right now? Wow. What a horrible feeling.

BigCatDaddy
I would be great if that were that were the case, but there is a lot of improvement from last year overall and I hope they keep improving and get better before the end of the year. The biggest concern IMHO is the OL and their inconsistency. Honest question, what did you expect out of this team before the beginning of the season?

I don't know if I really had any expectations other than better than last year. However with results expectation can change (See Royals).

While I expected the D to improve with a comptetent coach I didn't expect this type of performance, but now I found myself stuck in 1993 with a solid coaching staff, top shelf defense and a QB that seems to be what will hold this team back.

Sandy Vagina

actually, the 53% is Bowe's target/catch ratio... pretty bad so far.

Dunerdr
09-26-2013, 08:04 AM
I Am worried about the offense but fuck its andy fucking reid offensive guru. He will pull this shit fit together.

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:04 AM
You look just as stupid as these Niner fans when you say things like this.

You're better than that.

Ehh, it gets old. Honestly.

I understand your points regarding offense inefficiency and lack of offense, I really do. I've never came out and said I liked how our offense is going, honestly. There are so many things that need improved. I believe any smart, realistic Chiefs fan on this board realizes this.

But, man, how many of us thought we'd realistically be 3-0 before the season started?

Mark me down for a guy who is "just enjoying the ride."

nychief
09-26-2013, 08:05 AM

/Smith Homer dumbasses

Hall of Fame QBs win Super Bowls!!!! Get one. /retards like you.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:05 AM

Why would he argue? Hell, you're proving his point. The Chiefs are winning despite Alice, not because of him.

BigCatDaddy
09-26-2013, 08:07 AM

I understand your points regarding offense inefficiency and lack of offense, I really do. I've never came out and said I liked how our offense is going, honestly. There are so many things that need improved. I believe any smart, realistic Chiefs fan on this board realizes this.

But, man, how many of us thought we'd realistically be 3-0 before the season started?

<b>Mark me down for a guy who is "just enjoying the ride."</b>

And that's fine, but it's also fine if others want to take it to another level.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Being a real fan must suck ass. Are you really just frustrated as can be right now? Wow. What a horrible feeling.

Hey look, another dimestore psychologist.

The defense and kicking game have been spectacular, and are winning games for us. I'm frustrated with the offense, of course.

But that's because I have two eyes and aren't willing to just ignore issues because we're 3-0.

You can be a fan and still be critical of pieces of the team that is underperforming. And the offense is woefully underperforming.

I'm driving 4 hours each way to go to the game Sunday.

But I'm a bad fan for stating facts, instead of burying my head in the sand and screaming "3-0" to the heavens?

dirk digler
09-26-2013, 08:08 AM

I can't speak for OTW but for me I am tired of "enjoying the ride" and losing in the playoffs. I lived through the 90's and I don't want to repeat that. It is SB or bust for me.

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:09 AM
And that's fine, but it's also fine if others want to take it to another level.

Without a doubt.

Just as long as it isn't people trying to cram down our throats (which nobody has taken it to that level yet).

L.A. Chieffan
09-26-2013, 08:09 AM
You play to win the game.

Points are overrated.

Bwana
09-26-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't know if I really had any expectations other than better than last year. However with results expectation can change (See Royals).

While I expected the D to improve with a comptetent coach I didn't expect this type of performance, but now I found myself stuck in 1993 with a solid coaching staff, top shelf defense and a QB that seems to be what will hold this team back.

Fair enough, I still think the OL is a lot bigger problem than Smith at this point and they are obviously directly related, but I will concede there is room for improvement with both.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:10 AM

The defense and kicking game have been spectacular, and are winning games for us. I'm frustrated with the offense, of course.

But that's because I have two eyes and aren't willing to just ignore issues because we're 3-0.

You can be a fan and still be critical of pieces of the team that is underperforming. And the offense is woefully underperforming.

But I'm a bad fan for stating facts, instead of burying my head in the sand and screaming "3-0" to the heavens?

+1

(I only drive 2 1/2 hours one way though)

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I can't speak for OTW but for me I am tired of "enjoying the ride" and losing in the playoffs. I lived through the 90's and I don't want to repeat that. It is SB or bust for me.

This defense is good enough to win this team one playoff game.

I'm a masochist -- Chiefs and Royals fan.

I know this might not be liked around these parts - but i would be pleased with a playoff win this year.

Sandy Vagina
Why would he argue? Hell, you're proving his point. The Chiefs are winning despite Alice, not because of him.

What a stupid thing to say. I would accept you saying that the D and STs returns are greatly assisting Alex and the offense. That would be fair. But Alex is the one out there orchestrating 80 yard scoring drives when the team desperately needed it. Alex is the one throwing 4 TD passes, and then using his legs to extend drives on 3rd and long. Alex is the one throwing passes that KC needs to assist in winning KC games.

If you truly believe that shit you just typed, then you are a potato.

BigCatDaddy
You play to win the game.

Points are overrated.

Yep, points and moving the ball is over rated/ Smiff ball washers

MagicHef
09-26-2013, 08:12 AM

A) No it isn't, it's 56%

B) If you limit it to passes that were on target, he's caught 82%

OnTheWarpath15

Nothing wrong with that.

Also nothing wrong with pointing out how and why this team should actually be better.

Sorry, but "better than last year" isn't a motivator for me. ANYTHING is better than last year.

Before the season, I figured 8-8 or 9-7.

Now that I've seen the defense for three games, all bets are off - IF the offense can pull their head out of their ass. This team COULD be special, but it absolutely won't be if they keep leaning on the defense week after week.

What's wrong with wanting better?

BigCatDaddy
Without a doubt.

<b>Just as long as it isn't people trying to cram down our throats (which nobody has taken it to that level yet).</b>

Exactly. Yet some people bitch about Geno being crammed down their throat after clicking on the Alex vs Geno thread LMAO

Earthling
09-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Not sure if I agree that Smith shouldn't get credit too. What we know for a certainty is that the Chiefs are winning with him at qb. Hell, I'll take it.

vailpass

Outsiders POV but damn that's a good post.

chuy49erfan
Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0. Last week the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, yet we only had a 10 point lead. I was sure we were going to lose that game up until the 5:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Having said all of that, I'm still pretty damn happy with the job Andy Reid has done with this team. I think the offense will get better, and I like wondering how the hell this team is 3-0 a hell of a lot better than the shit we've been fed for nearly a decade.

Funny that was 3:00 minutes after Alex Smith converted a 3rd and long from his own 5 yd line and took over and put the team on his back to seal the win, coincidence?

So you'd rather win pretty like Denver and win zero games in the playoffs when the weather is tough and the teams are better and blowouts don't happen? Even Tebow won a game in the playoffs (it was ugly as hell but at least he won a game for the Broncos, more than we can say for Peyton).

tredadda
09-26-2013, 08:15 AM
It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about. I'd like to see a 14 point plus beatdown of the Giants this week.

You don't get extra points winning pretty or get less points for winning ugly. At the end of the day a win is a win. In the 90s we used to dominate teams in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs. How we win in the regular season means little as long as we win. Once the playoffs start then anything can happen.

Sandy Vagina
A) No it isn't, it's 56%

B) If you limit it to passes that were on target, he's caught 82%

link for the 82 ????

Here is the link for 53% catch ratio

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

now what you got? :hmmm:

warrior

Yep, It's sad really there's about ten or so on here that bitch constantly you know like old women who have hit that age.

OnTheWarpath15

Actually, the 53% is Alex Smith completion percentage on 3rd down.

We're 27th in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage. Behind the fucking JAGUARS.

I'll give you a few minutes to flip through your book and grab an excuse.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:17 AM
What a stupid thing to say.

He's pure shit on 3rd down (or really any time he sees pressure) and as of now he's the 13th rated QB in the league throwing for a whopping 6.3 yards per attempt (26th in the league)....Hell 16 QBs right now have a higher completion percentage despite his unwillingness to throw down the field...

You can try to make yourself believe he's some kind of competent if you like, I'm not buying it.

dirk digler
This defense is good enough to win this team one playoff game.

I'm a masochist -- Chiefs and Royals fan.

I know this might not be liked around these parts - but i would be pleased with a playoff win this year.

For me I am just plain tired of mediocrity or worse. I would enjoy the ride if we had a franchise QB that we drafted, at least that would give me hope.

We know how the story will end with Alex Smith..been there done that.

Messier

Didn't say you're a bad fan. I said you seem frustrated. This post doesn't help to disprove that.

OnTheWarpath15
Funny that was 3:00 minutes after Alex Smith converted a 3rd and long from his own 5 yd line and took over and put the team on his back to seal the win, coincidence?

Had he put the team on his back and played worth a shit in the first 52 minutes of the game, while his defense was giving him ridiculous field position, the game wouldn't have come down to salting away a final drive.

Amazing how all it takes is one play for some of you to conveniently forget about all the others.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Actually, the 53% is Alex Smith completion percentage on 3rd down.

We're 27th in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage. Behind the ****ing JAGUARS.

I'll give you a few minutes to flip through your book and grab an excuse.

You are deflecting... the 53% in that link clearly shows that Bowe has caught 53% of the passes thrown his way. Now without deflecting, tell me if you think that is good of Bowe.

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Nothing wrong with that.

Also nothing wrong with pointing out how and why this team should actually be better.

Sorry, but "better than last year" isn't a motivator for me. ANYTHING is better than last year.

Before the season, I figured 8-8 or 9-7.

Now that I've seen the defense for three games, all bets are off - IF the offense can pull their head out of their ass. This team COULD be special, but it absolutely won't be if they keep leaning on the defense week after week.

What's wrong with wanting better?

Nothing at all.

But, when it's all that's said it bugs me. It's no different than Susan Sunshine who is predicting a Super Bowl after our 3-0 start.

I don't get to every thread on this website, and typically I avoid game threads. I know you gave the defense some praise. I don't know. I don't mind people who want better and preach that the team needs improvements, but I also like positive people who commend the good things too.*

*Again, to reiterate - I don't follow every thread on this board. And I'm not single-handedly calling you out OTWP.

MagicHef
09-26-2013, 08:20 AM
link for the 82 ????

Here is the link for 53% catch ratio

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

now what you got? :hmmm:

PFF.

He's been thrown at 16 times, 11 times on target. He's caught 9, dropped 2.

Football Outsiders must have him being targeted 17 times instead of 16. That must have been quite a pass if two different organizations can't even agree on who the target was.

Sandy Vagina
He's pure shit on 3rd down (or really any time he sees pressure) and as of now he's the 13th rated QB in the league throwing for a whopping 6.3 yards per attempt (26th in the league)....Hell 16 QBs right now have a higher completion percentage despite his unwillingness to throw down the field...

You can try to make yourself believe he's some kind of competent if you like, I'm not buying it.

Since you brought up ratings, do you know what he was the last 2 years? top 10 and top 5. Oh, but suddenly ratings don't matter when they work against your agenda, right? and just so we're clear... your agenda is in minimizing your own starting QB for your own team, right? :rolleyes:

RINGLEADER
I think you have to remove the 2nd half offense numbers in JAX when we clearly took our foot off the throttle.

You can do hypothetical things like removing certain stats, but the fact is that Alex Smith and the Chiefs have 1 great drive a game, a couple good ones, and about 10 where they just don't move the ball. There's a reason why Jamaal runs for 6+ yards in the fourth quarter and < 4 the other three. Run with some consistency and run to the edges and you see sustained drives instead of the constant pressure that Reid's pass happy attack yields.

Pablo
...and there are some cynical, jaded motherfuckers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.LMAO

This is some of the dumbest shit I've read on this forum.

"If you're cynical about a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in two decades, a SB in over four decades, and just had the biggest failure of a season in franchise history LAST YEAR, then I just don't know what's wrong with you!"

It's safe to say that nobody's life on this board has been as much of a failure as the Chiefs organization. And there are some serious mouth breathing losers on this site.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:21 AM
PFF.

He's been thrown at 16 times, 11 times on target. He's caught 9, dropped 2.

Football Outsiders must have him being targeted 17 times instead of 16. That must have been quite a pass if two different organizations can't even agree on who the target was.

oh nice link... such a nice link we must have missed it... well done.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Since you brought up ratings, do you know what he was the last 2 years? top 10 and top 5. Oh, but suddenly ratings don't matter when they work against your agenda, right? and just so we're clear... your agenda is in minimizing your own starting QB for your own team, right? :rolleyes:

Was he playing for the Chiefs last year? Does last year help determine the standings this season? No?

Then the amount of fucks I give about last year are ZERO.
Thank you for playing, now go the fuck away

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:22 AM

But I'm a bad fan for stating facts, instead of burying my head in the sand and screaming "3-0" to the heavens?Jesus, OTWP.

I can't imagine what sort of miserable prick you are in real life. Do you hit your wife every time Alex throws short of the marker on third downs as well?

Oh, and you mean to tell me that you've probably spend more money(important investment) and time(important investment) on this franchise than half of these dumbshits that want to shout you down for your "pessimism"?

Sorry. You just aren't a real fan.

Messier
09-26-2013, 08:23 AM
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being critical of the team. I'm critical of the team. I also find a way to really enjoy a win. I don't begrudge optimism. What's the point?

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Jesus, OTWP.

I can't imagine what sort of miserable prick you are in real life. Do you hit your wife every time Alex throws short of the marker on third downs as well?

I just think he needs a prairie fire shot this AM.

Sandy Vagina
Was he playing for the Chiefs last year? Does last year help determine the standings this season? No?

Then the amount of ****s I give about last year are ZERO.
Thank you for playing, now go the **** away

a trend is a trend... your attitude sucks, and your ability for in-depth thought is even worse. GFY lil bitch, if you can't communicate without crying "go away!" :deevee:

dirk digler
LMAO

"If you're cynical about a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in two decades, a SB in over four decades, and just had the biggest failure of a season in franchise history LAST YEAR, then I just don't know what's wrong with you!"

Absolutely Perfect

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being critical of the team. I'm critical of the team. I also find a way to really enjoy a win. I don't begrudge optimism. What's the point?

I completely agree with this, I'm mainly tired of the 49er trolls telling us how great and wonderful Smith is. He's better than what we've had for a while, but he's not the second coming of Dawson.
Hell, I'm enjoying winning as much as anyone (maybe more than many....200 miles is a hell of a drive home when a team just shat all over themselves).

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being critical of the team. I'm critical of the team. I also find a way to really enjoy a win. I don't begrudge optimism. What's the point?It isn't that hard to be excited about the good things on this team.

Ex: Defense, Jamaal Charles

And pissed off about shitty things.

Ex: Our offense most of the time

People are wired in a pretty complex fashion and are able to have plenty of different emotions at once.

Crazy stuff!

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Smith is a logical guy.

He completes the pass.

You are deflecting... the 53% in that link clearly shows that Bowe has caught 53% of the passes thrown his way. Now without deflecting, tell me if you think that is good of Bowe.

Now, who is deflecting?

Rausch is talking about Smith completing passes.

You say, he's only making the play 53% of the time. Which is accurate - as I've pointed out, and as Rausch alreay knows, because he saw me mention the 3rd down % yesterday.

Rausch replies, "the completion percentage will come with time"

Then you somehow drag Bowe into the conversation?

You can't even keep your arguments and excuses straight.

Sandy Vagina
I completely agree with this, I'm mainly tired of the 49er trolls telling us how great and wonderful Smith is. He's better than what we've had for a while, but he's not the second coming of Dawson.
Hell, I'm enjoying winning as much as anyone (maybe more than many....200 miles is a hell of a drive home when a team just shat all over themselves).

nobody said he is wonderful, you dumb shit! Your strawman doesn't play here.

MagicHef

Do you have a PFF subscription? If not, a link won't do you any good.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Nothing at all.

But, when it's all that's said it bugs me. It's no different than Susan Sunshine who is predicting a Super Bowl after our 3-0 start.

I don't get to every thread on this website, and typically I avoid game threads. I know you gave the defense some praise. I don't know. I don't mind people who want better and preach that the team needs improvements, but I also like positive people who commend the good things too.*

*Again, to reiterate - I don't follow every thread on this board. And I'm not single-handedly calling you out OTWP.

No worries, Jizzles.

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:28 AM
nobody said he is wonderful, you dumb shit! Your strawman doesn't play here.Yeah, I know I'd follow a guy I thought was just 'meh' to another team's board and adopt said team as my second favorite.

Man, I can't wait to see where Anthony Fasano lands next!! Whoever it is, I'll be buying a jersey and signing up for their team's message board!!

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:29 AM
I just think he needs a prairie fire shot this AM.Never a bad idea.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:29 AM
nobody said he is wonderful,.........

I'm done with you....begone troll. You're dismissed and I will no longer respond to your ignorance.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:30 AM
You can't even keep your arguments and excuses straight.

I was never at any point discussing Smith's 3rd down %.

I responded to this part of his post.

You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

... and that so far, most of the time for Bowe coming through? has in fact been 53%, according to the link posted earlier.

You understand yet? The misunderstanding was easy enough to do, but it was still not mine.

MagicHef
09-26-2013, 08:31 AM

Oops, I have to apologize. I can't follow a column down to Bowe's name, apparently. The 2 that I thought were drops are actually missed tackles forced. In the drop column for Bowe, there's a nice fat zero.

This means that Bowe has caught 100% of the catchable balls thrown to him. Alex has supplied a catchable ball to Bowe 56% of the time.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I know I'd follow a guy I thought was just 'meh' to another team's board and adopt said team as my second favorite.

Man, I can't wait to see where Anthony Fasano lands next!! Whoever it is, I'll be buying a jersey and signing up for their team's message board!!

and that is another dumb extreme used. You do know there is a large space between wonderful and meh, right? God, what is wrong with some of you people? :shake:

OnTheWarpath15
Jesus, OTWP.

Oh, and you mean to tell me that you've probably spend more money(important investment) and time(important investment) on this franchise than half of these dumbshits that want to shout you down for your "pessimism"?

Sorry. You just aren't a real fan.

You've met me in real life. You know I'm a raving lunatic.

And for the investment?

Over 30 years of time, and over $25,000 over a 5 year span of being a STH between travel, tickets, gas.

I love how some dipshits who are fans of another team are here for a few months and want to lecture us all on how to be a fan.

LMAO

Pablo
Oops, I have to apologize. I can't follow a column down to Bowe's name, apparently. The 2 that I thought were drops are actually missed tackles forced. In the drop column for Bowe, there's a nice fat zero.

This means that Bowe has caught 100% of the catchable balls thrown to him. Alex has supplied a catchable ball to Bowe 56% of the time.Morons still want to act like Bowe is a terrible WR; or has an exceptionally high drop rate for some reason.

Do they really need a scapegoat for our QB's that badly?

Sandy Vagina

This means that Bowe has caught 100% of the catchable balls thrown to him. Alex has supplied a catchable ball to Bowe 56% of the time.

zero drops? look at the FIRST pass play for KC vs Philly. JFC.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Morons still want to act like Bowe is a terrible WR; or has an exceptionally high drop rate for some reason.

Do they really need a scapegoat for our QB's that badly?

no one said that Bowe was terrible... you people are just ****ing stupid with all these strawman comments.

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:34 AM
No worries, Jizzles.

TO 4-0 and celebratory prairie fire shots after a victory Sunday! :thumb:

OnTheWarpath15
Yeah, I know I'd follow a guy I thought was just 'meh' to another team's board and adopt said team as my second favorite.

People on the board LOVED Jared Allen.

You know how many have moved on to a Vikings board?

Or how many moved to a Vikings board and then shit all over the place with arguments from here, turning every thread into a Jared Allen attention whoring circle jerk?

Pablo
no one said that Bowe was terrible... you people are just ****ing stupid with all these strawman comments.You haven't been here more than six months you fucking troll.

Bowe has been called every name under the sun and hated on for YEARS for no goddamn good reason.

You don't know shit about the dynamic of posters here and their hatred for Bowe.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 08:35 AM
and that is another dumb extreme used. You do know there is a large space between wonderful and meh, right?

Yes.

Rodgers/Brees/Brady would be wonderful and Smith/Palmer/Red Rocket would be "meh."

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Damn you Rausch....I just damn near had coffee come out of my nose....rep

Pablo
and that is another dumb extreme used. You do know there is a large space between wonderful and meh, right? God, what is wrong with some of you people? :shake:'Meh' to me is average. Nothing less, nothing more. Which perfectly describes the entirety of Alex's career.

Marcellus
I find it interesting that all the blame is on Smith for the offensive issues when we cant convert 3rd and 1 yet we convert 3rd and long regularly.

His passer rating on 3rd and 8+ is 95.4 and his average completion is 10.4 yards.

3rd and 6 or less yards to go his passer rating is 92 and average completion is 7.7 yards.

Our running game is killing us on 3rd and short. We may as well throw it.

Yea we need more offense and yea Alex needs to push the ball more but its not all on Alex, not even close.

3rd and short is the drive killer. The OL needs to block better on 3rd and long as well. Even though he completed those crossing routes to Avery on 3rd and long he was getting pressure almost immediately.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Do you have a PFF subscription? If not, a link won't do you any good.

fair enough... now did you not see the link I posted? That source is either wrong, or yours is, I guess. Either way, whatever... anyone watching these games has seen some drops from Bowe... not a ton.. but more than we should be seeing.

KC is 5th in drop % in the league. Do you deny this?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2013/

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:37 AM
I was never at any point discussing Smith's 3rd down %.

I responded to this part of his post.

... and that so far, most of the time for Bowe coming through? has in fact been 53%, according to the link posted earlier.

You understand yet? The misunderstanding was easy enough to do, but it was still not mine.

He was, dipshit, as referenced by his "completion percentage will come up" comment.

Who gives a shit what you were talking about.

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:39 AM
I find it interesting that all the blame is on Smith for the offensive issues when we cant convert 3rd and 1 yet we convert 3rd and long regularly.

His passer rating on 3rd and 8+ is 95.4 and his average completion is 10.4 yards.

3rd and 6 or less yards to go his passer rating is 92 and average completion is 7.7 yards.

Our running game is killing us on 3rd and short. We may as well throw it.

Yea we need more offense and yea Alex needs to push the ball more but its not all on Alex, not even close.

3rd and short is the drive killer. The OL needs to block better on 3rd and long as well as even though completed those crossing routes to Avery on 3rd and long he was getting pressure almost immediately.I really can't argue this. Our offensive woes aren't entirely resting on Alex's shoulders.

Our line IS garbage; and our 1.1 pick in particular IS garbage right now. I've seen Jamaal bottled up more in the first three games than I did all of last season. Do you know how hard it is for Charles to get bottled up? Give him a slit the size of an ant's pussy and he's sliding through there. Our line has been an embarrassment.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Who gives a shit what you were talking about.

That's fine.. but don't act like I was side-stepping a point that I was never even discussing... which is what you did. So **** you. :p

vailpass
09-26-2013, 08:40 AM
I really can't argue this. Our offensive woes aren't entirely resting on Alex's shoulders.

Our line IS garbage; and our 1.1 pick in particular IS garbage right now. I've seen Jamaal bottled up more in the first three games than I did all of last season. Do you know how hard it is for Charles to get bottled up? Give him a slit the size of an ant's pussy and he's sliding through there. Our line has been an embarrassment.

An ant's pussy?LMAO

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
He was, dipshit, as referenced by his "completion percentage will come up" comment.

Who gives a shit what you were talking about.It's almost like the Niners/Kaep/Smith/Chiefs fan doesn't understand that we don't respect or need his opinion on anything.

Crazy how that works, huh?

Marcellus
I really can't argue this. Our offensive woes aren't entirely resting on Alex's shoulders.

I was going to add that our shiny new RT was a big part of our 3rd down issues.

Albert played horribly Thursday night as well. He ****ing lined up incorrectly twice which I have never seen, costing us good yardage.

Anyone that has the Thursday game recorded needs to go back and watch the offense.

OnTheWarpath15
fair enough... now did you not see the link I posted? That source is either wrong, or yours is, I guess. Either way, whatever... anyone watching these games has seen some drops from Bowe... not a ton.. but more than we should be seeing.

LMAO

Denver is 2nd.

Really putting a kink in their offense, eh?

MagicHef
09-26-2013, 08:42 AM

That's a defensed pass.

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:43 AM
An ant's pussy?LMAOEh, it's the best I could come up with on short notice. My synapses are firing a little off today.

ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE IM SO MAD. AS SOON AS I GET OFF HERE IM KICKING THE DOG AND DRIVING TO MY GRANDMAS HOUSE TO PUT HER IN THE STONE COLD STUNNER.

CP imitates life.

Marcellus
That's a defensed pass.

The one straight to a wide open JC that he dropped?

MagicHef

Yes, I see the link you posted. They are off by one target. Do you realize that your link is counting every throw towards Bowe, whether it's a good throw or not?

vailpass
Eh, it's the best I could come up with on short notice. My synapses are firing a little off today.

ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE IM SO MAD. AS SOON AS I GET OFF HERE IM KICKING THE DOG AND DRIVING TO MY GRANDMAS HOUSE TO PUT HER IN THE STONE COLD STUNNER.

CP imitates life.

Dude I laughed, it was original.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:44 AM

17 targets, ZERO drops.

Who to believe - STATS, INC, the official stat service of the league, or Niner troll?

Tough one.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8277&team=12

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:45 AM
That's a defensed pass.

Oh yeah, right. No way Bowe could hang onto that one. Even the commentators called it a drop. :rolleyes:

Look, Bowe IS a good receiver, so I'll leave this bit alone. But you can not overlook that KC is 5th in drops as a team.

Rausch
I find it interesting that all the blame is on Smith for the offensive issues ...

No, it's not.

Our running game is killing us on 3rd and short.

Might help if that wasn't the only time we ran it.

Alex throws the ball based on percentage of completion and lowest risk.

If Bowe is open by 3 yards 15 yards deep and Charles is open by 8 in the flat who do you think he'll throw it to?

Wrong - Charles. The basic idea of the WCO is to complete the pass, gain yards, and put the onus on yards gained on the pass catcher and not the distance of the throw.

THAT IS STAMPED IN HIS DNA.

Marcellus
17 targets, ZERO drops.

Who to believe - STATS, INC, the official stat service of the league, or Niner troll?

Tough one.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8277&team=12

Yea I wouldn't call that pass a drop but it did hit him in the hands and was catchable.

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 08:46 AM
No, it's not.

Might help if that wasn't the only time we ran it.

Alex throws the ball based on percentage of completion and lowest risk.

If Bowe is open by 3 yards 15 yards deep and Charles is open by 8 in the flat who do you think he'll throw it to?

Wrong - Charles. The basic idea of the WCO is to complete the pass, gain yards, and put the onus on yards gained on the pass catcher and not the distance of the throw.

THAT IS STAMPED IN HIS DNA.

Yet we convert 3rd and long more than 3rd and short.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Oh yeah, right. No way Bowe could hang onto that one. Even the commentators called it a drop. :rolleyes:

Look, Bowe IS a good receiver, so I'll leave this bit alone. But you can not overlook that KC is 5th in drops as a team.

Sure I can.

Because Denver is dropping a higher percentage of Manning passes, and they haven't missed a beat.

Next excuse, please.

Sandy Vagina
09-26-2013, 08:47 AM

yep.. runs out of shotgun failed mostly. Guess JC is shit then? :rolleyes:

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:49 AM
17 targets, ZERO drops.

Tough one.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8277&team=12It just makes me sick that this loud-mouth, jersey pointin' good for nothing is out there with stone hands; when our QB has been feeding him beautiful passes!

Here's a quick quiz for our CP friends following along at home:

Do you hate Dwayne Bowe?

1. Yes
2. No

If you answered yes, then you're bad at watching football and should take up a more engaging activity; like finger painting or trying to find bunny shapes in the clouds.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Relative to the Eagles game almost ALL those throws were short of the sticks and the reciever/pass cacher made the play.

One play by Avery was almost 10 yards short of the 1st...

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 08:50 AM
I just looked it up.

3rd and 2 or less to go we have converted 1 out of 6 attempts.

Thats pathetic. We should be at least 80% on those plays.

Mr. Plow
09-26-2013, 08:52 AM

You can put me on that bus as well.

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Relative to the Eagles game almost ALL those throws were short of the sticks and the reciever/pass cacher made the play.

One play by Avery was almost 10 yards short of the 1st...

I will never understand why people care as long as the play worked.

I watch every team in the league throw the ball underneath on 3rd and long. Every team does it. You know why? The defense is guarding against the deep pass. Thats why most deep passes are on early downs.

Furthermore watch the game again and on that first one Smith had a millisecond to get rid of the ball to Avery who got the 1st on 3rd and 17. He couldn't have thrown down field if a guy was running wide open.

No time whatsoever.

Pablo
09-26-2013, 08:54 AM
You can put me on that bus as well.WHY CANT YOU GUYS JUST BE HAPPY???????

vailpass
09-26-2013, 08:54 AM

There's a seat open next to mine.
And I snuck a bottle in...

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 08:56 AM

Is anyone fine with that? I have yet to read here where its fine to lose in the playoffs.

Where is this coming from? Who is advocating that? What a bunch of dumb asses they must be.

I remember in 2010 when we lost in the playoffs to Baltimore and I was like, man at least we tried. That was fun.

Oh wait, no I got ****ing pissed off like hell and it ruined my whole week.

So because of that I cant enjoy being 3-0?

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 08:56 AM
I just looked it up.

3rd and 2 or less to go we have converted 1 out of 6 attempts.

Thats pathetic. We should be at least 80% on those plays.

3rd and 2 or less - AS is completing 33%

3rd and 8 or less - 47%.

51% on 3rd down period.

aturnis
09-26-2013, 08:57 AM

/Smith Homer dumbasses
http://stubbornthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bahahaha.png

It's so true!

ViperVisor
09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
every measure other than the most significant one... Turnovers

Ceej
09-26-2013, 08:58 AM

This short bus will be filled up in no time.

I CALL BACKSEAT!!!

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 09:00 AM
3rd and 2 or less - AS is completing 33%

3rd and 8 or less - 47%.

51% on 3rd down period.

3rd and 8-10 he is 60% averaging 10.6 yards.

2nd and 6+ he is converting 69%.

Yada yada yada.

You think that is worse than 1-6 on 3rd and 2 or less running?

RealSNR
09-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Remember when the Chiefs went 9-0 in 2003, and there was a steady supply of healthy criticism for the defense that was only a slight improvement over the exceptionally putrid 2002 form?

God, the bitching. And I'm not talking about the people who were critical of the defense. I mean the people who were bitching about the people bitching about the defense. Guess what? It's the same thing here. People in 2003 were outright PISSED and appalled that some people could find fault with the Vermeil 9-0 team when they were still undefeated. I see the same thing happening here. The defense is good. We got it. Within the first few days after the Philly game, we had posted every ball-washing blog and media source available that heaped praises on our defense. There's really not much more to say about this defense and how good it is that hasn't already been said before (unless you're Sorter and want to collaborate with GoChiefs on breaking down all the different formations).

Meanwhile, the offense IS a piece of shit right now, and coming up with possible solutions and ways we can improve and WHY we need to improve are the hot topic issues. That's just the way it goes.

If you don't have that, what's this forum? What the fuck is it? What does this forum look like in the Utopian CP Society mind of "just enjoy the ride" fan? I'll tell you what it looks like:

"3-0! WOOOO!"

"JAMAAL CHARLES! WOOO!"

"JUSTIN HOUSTON! WOOO!"

"I HATE DENVER! WOOO!"

Rausch
09-26-2013, 09:01 AM
I will never understand why people care as long as the play worked.

I watch every team in the league throw the ball underneath on 3rd and long. Every team does it. You know why? The defense is guarding against the deep pass. Thats why most deep passes are on early downs.

Furthermore watch the game again and on that first one Smith had a millisecond to get rid of the ball to Avery who got the 1st on 3rd and 17. He couldn't have thrown down field if a guy was running wide open.

No time whatsoever.

The conversation was about Smith passing intermediate/deep and my argument was he'll always take the less risky (which tends to be the shorter) completion.

He responded with the "3rd and long" numbers.

My point would be that Alex didn't do anything different: after the catch players made plays.

I really don't care about "how" plays are made I'm simply pointing out predicable patterns in Smith's play.

MahiMike
09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Biggest difference is 3rd down conversions. Alex and avery can move those chains.

Marcellus
09-26-2013, 09:04 AM
The conversation was about Smith passing intermediate/deep and my argument was he'll always take the less risky (which tends to be the shorter) completion.

My point would be that Alex didn't do anything different: after the catch players made plays.

I really don't care about "how" plays are made I'm simply pointing out predicable patterns in Smith's play.

We need to throw down field more but I don't expect it on 3rd down.

OnTheWarpath15

Was waiting patiently for this bullshit.

I love the attitude that because he's not turning the ball over, it's OK to not be able to score.

Geno Smith. 6 INT's.

YOU CAN'T WIN TURNING THE BALL OVER.

Drew Brees. 4 INT's.

Matt Schaub. 4 INT's.

Jay Cutler. Andy Dalton.

RealSNR
Also, since when does going 2-14 the year before mean you're obligated to shut your fucking trap when the team starts out well the following season?

Aberrations aside, it's STILL a 2-14 team that was in Kansas City just 9 months ago. There's still shit that sucks wastewater about this team. All some fans are doing is saying work needs to be done. It's only when douchetards like MacNinersChiefs storm in to defend this garbage offense with sophistry and bullshit that things get ugly, and the critical fans are forced into a corner that looks like they're being too hard on the team.

duncan_idaho
09-26-2013, 09:06 AM

And YAC is going to drop when the Chiefs face better defenses... (it was not very high against Dallas, which is probably the best D KC has played, but not THAT special).

keg in kc
This is exactly like 2009, just the opposite side of the ball. The difference now is that the offense, at least on paper, is much more talented than the defense that year.

Anywho, there's nothing in this article or this thread that hasn't been said here a thousand times in the last month. The offense is struggling, and the offense will be the team's downfall if they don't come together. 3-0 is great, and it's really satisfying to see a team in Kansas City that finds ways to win, rather than ways to lose.

Pair that kind of team psychology with a top defense, and an offense that's even just adequate - middle-of-the-pack, run of the mill, not bottom-of-the-barrel like now - and this is a team that can be a contender to not just compete for a wild card or even the division, but can actually win playoff games.

And that's why we "negative" people are so passionate about the offense improving. Because we can see that. We believe that the offense can be more than it is, even with a limited centerpiece like Alex Smith.

They should be more than they are. And we want them to be. Because we're fans.

And we should probably revisit this thread about once a month just to see how the progress is going.

Marcellus
Remember when the Chiefs went 9-0 in 2003, and there was a steady supply of healthy criticism for the defense that was only a slight improvement over the exceptionally putrid 2002 form?

God, the bitching. And I'm not talking about the people who were critical of the defense. I mean the people who were bitching about the people bitching about the defense. Guess what? It's the same thing here. People in 2003 were outright PISSED and appalled that some people could find fault with the Vermeil 9-0 team when they were still undefeated. I see the same thing happening here. The defense is good. We got it. Within the first few days after the Philly game, we had posted every ball-washing blog and media source available that heaped praises on our defense. There's really not much more to say about this defense and how good it is that hasn't already been said before (unless you're Sorter and want to collaborate with GoChiefs on breaking down all the different formations).

Meanwhile, the offense IS a piece of shit right now, and coming up with possible solutions and ways we can improve and WHY we need to improve are the hot topic issues. That's just the way it goes.

If you don't have that, what's this forum? What the **** is it? What does this forum look like in the Utopian CP Society mind of "just enjoy the ride" fan? I'll tell you what it looks like:

"3-0! WOOOO!"

"JAMAAL CHARLES! WOOO!"

"JUSTIN HOUSTON! WOOO!"

"I HATE DENVER! WOOO!"

2 things - the 2003 defense was good through 8 games. Mazlowski got hurt and it went downhill fast. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

Yea the offense needs work. It needs to fix 3rd and short and stop the dumbass penalties.

6 OL penalties last week. 6.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 09:07 AM

I will argue that points are more important

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 09:09 AM
In all fairness what good does the bitching do? We're stuck with Alex Smith this year for sure, so enjoy the ride please. I know even if we make the playoffs, we probably won't go far. I wanted GENO as much as the next guy, but I am fully behind our team. I am somewhat happy we haven't extended AS contract at least, so that shows we're at least in wait and see mode thus far yes? We are 3-0 and although it may look flimsy it feels a lot better than last year. Ok everyone feel free to resume your bitchfest. :D

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 09:11 AM
This is exactly like 2009, just the opposite side of the ball. The difference now is that the offense, at least on paper, is much more talented than the defense that year.

Anywho, there's nothing in this article or this thread that hasn't been said here a thousand times in the last month. The offense is struggling, and the offense will be the team's downfall if they don't come together. 3-0 is great, and it's really satisfying to see a team in Kansas City that finds ways to win, rather than ways to lose.

Pair that kind of team psychology with a top defense, and an offense that's even just adequate - middle-of-the-pack, run of the mill, not bottom-of-the-barrel like now - and this is a team that can be a contender to not just compete for a wild card or even the division, but can actually win playoff games.

And that's why we "negative" people are so passionate about the offense improving. Because we can see that. We believe that the offense can be more than it is, even with a limited centerpiece like Alex Smith.

They should be more than they are. And we want them to be. Because we're fans.

Great post, Keg.

To the bolded point - I mentioned something similar earlier. This team has a chance to be special, but only if the offense gets it shit's together.

Right now, the defense is allowing 11 PPG.

The defense and kicking game ALONE are scoring 10 PPG.

They are getting away with it, but it's not going to happen forever.

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 09:12 AM
In all fairness what good does the bitching do? We're stuck with Alex Smith this year for sure, so enjoy the ride please. I know even if we make the playoffs, we probably won't go far. I wanted GENO as much as the next guy, but I am fully behind our team. I am somewhat happy we haven't extended AS contract at least, so that shows we're at least in wait and see mode thus far yes? We are 3-0 and although it may look flimsy it feels a lot better than last year. Ok everyone feel free to resume your bitchfest. What does this thread/discussion have to do with Geno Smith, why do you think that anyone involved in it isn't "fully behind our team" and why does open, honest discussion have to be labeled as a "bitchfest"?

Wallcrawler
09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
I don't like this subject much.

Game situation dictates playcalling quite a bit. You don't just go out and take shots to score points just to say you scored points on a drive if you've already got the lead.

The Berry pick 6 in Philly put the Chiefs up 10 points. Obviously youre not going to have super aggressive playcalls offensively with that. Why would you force the ball down field, maybe make a mistake, when you already have a 2 score advantage?

Keep in mind that this is the worst team in the league from last year, and we're running a brand new offense. Generally, this is a recipe for horrible starts, but thanks to the defense, and thanks in huge part to our quarterback not giving the football up, we're 3-0.

In the Cowboys game, and the Eagles game, when the chips were down and the offense had to stay on the football field, they did. Alex drove the team right down the field an answered the Cowboys with a TD to Bowe in the second half. Then another big drive for the FG to put us up scores.

That drive in the 4th quarter against the Eagles from the 5 yard line? Nails. That was a clock destroying, point scoring drive.

Offense isn't just about points. Its about killing the clock and keeping the other team incabable of putting up points of their own because their offense is riding the pine.

The O is good enough to be 3-0. They haven't peaked, and they will get better as the season goes on. That O-line certainly cant get much worse.

Imon Yourside
Great post, Keg.

To the bolded point - I mentioned something similar earlier. This team has a chance to be special, but only if the offense gets it shit's together.

Right now, the defense is allowing 11 PPG.

The defense and kicking game ALONE are scoring 10 PPG.

They are getting away with it, but it's not going to happen forever.

Also I have to point out this offense has only been together for 3 games, it will get better over time. How much? I don't know but at least Smith seems to absorb things fairly quickly.

OnTheWarpath15
I will argue that points are more important

EXACTLY.

Which is why all those teams are still winning, even with committing the so-called deadly turnover.

You think fans in Chicago or NO are sweating the fact their QB's are on pace to throw an INT a game?

Fuck no - they know it doesn't matter, because their QB can also light up the scoreboard.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 09:14 AM

God, the bitching. And I'm not talking about the people who were critical of the defense. I mean the people who were bitching about the people bitching about the defense. Guess what? It's the same thing here. People in 2003 were outright PISSED and appalled that some people could find fault with the Vermeil 9-0 team when they were still undefeated. I see the same thing happening here.

I'm absolutely retarded happy that after spending almost all my vacation days to have 3 day weekends (giving me all Chiefs games off) we've turned the corner from putrid to respectable.

And that is where we are. We are not a complete team yet.
To expect perfection in year one because of the current record is just stupid.
After 3 weeks I fully expect 10-6 and a playoff game (that we will lose.)

And after that happens I'll be ****ing screaming mad.

2 days after that I'll remember that this is YEAR ONE of rebuilding a fan-chise....

stevieray
from 2-14 to winning playoff games with a new coaching staff.

sounds realistic.

duncan_idaho
In all fairness what good does the bitching do? We're stuck with Alex Smith this year for sure, so enjoy the ride please. I know even if we make the playoffs, we probably won't go far. I wanted GENO as much as the next guy, but I am fully behind our team. I am somewhat happy we haven't extended AS contract at least, so that shows we're at least in wait and see mode thus far yes? We are 3-0 and although it may look flimsy it feels a lot better than last year. Ok everyone feel free to resume your bitchfest. :D

It only cycles into "bitching" when truefans/Smith ballwashers start digging into their excuse books for every critique of the offense or Alex Smith. Or when people tell us to just enjoy the ride. Or when people say the current state of the offense IS good enough to win in the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Also I have to point out this offense has only been together for 3 games, it will get better over time. How much? I don't know but at least Smith seems to absorb things fairly quickly.

Chicago.

San Diego.

Philly.

All teams with new offensive philosophies, coaches and majority of new OLmen.

Also, all teams scoring 26+ PPG.

No excuses.

dirk digler
09-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Is anyone fine with that? I have yet to read here where its fine to lose in the playoffs.

Where is this coming from? Who is advocating that? What a bunch of dumb asses they must be.

I remember in 2010 when we lost in the playoffs to Baltimore and I was like, man at least we tried. That was fun.

I get the sense that alot of Chiefs fans (not on this board) would be satisfied just making the playoffs this year. Maybe I am wrong...

IMHO Andy Reid and Alex Smith weren't brought here for a rebuild job, this is a win-now job so that is what I expect.

ChiefsLV
09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Simple answer is the offensive line play needs to improve and eliminate the holds, false starts, and illegal formations they are being called for. Also these backup TE's havent done the best job blocking either.

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
What does this thread/discussion have to do with Geno Smith, why do you think that anyone involved in it isn't "fully behind our team" and why does open, honest discussion have to be labeled as a "bitchfest"?

Well many of the "haters" were fully on the Draft Geno bandwagon. I was there as well. we really wanted a different QB to learn the system as a rookie and we were willing to go through the growing pains. The coaching staff went a different route and like it or not this is a short passing version of martyball. Most will hate that and although it isn't flashy or great it's exactly what Clark wanted to get the "True Fans" back on board.

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 09:17 AM

Game situation dictates playcalling quite a bit. You don't just go out and take shots to score points just to say you scored points on a drive if you've already got the lead.

The Berry pick 6 in Philly put the Chiefs up 10 points. Obviously youre not going to have super aggressive playcalls offensively with that. Why would you force the ball down field, maybe make a mistake, when you already have a 2 score advantage?That's a simple answer: Philadelphia is a team that can score quickly. You never take your foot off the gas. Particularly not early in the game.

And the truth is that we didn't take our foot off the gas. Unless the theory is that the offense was failing to execute the plays called by design.

Mr. Plow
09-26-2013, 09:18 AM
WHY CANT YOU GUYS JUST BE HAPPY???????

Herm Edwards killed the happiness.

Imon Yourside
Chicago.

San Diego.

Philly.

All teams with new offensive philosophies, coaches and majority of new OLmen.

Also, all teams scoring 26+ PPG.

No excuses.

All of those teams also retained the same QB.

HemiEd
I doubt that.

I think we'll start 4-0 and then finish 6-6.

10-6, road playoff game, lose by about 13 pts.

Better than I expected and good enough to sell the team on the Dorsey/Phat Andy rebuild...

10 and 6 with a first round playoff loss is what I predicted as soon as they traded for Alex Smith. Life is good and the stadium is full!

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 09:19 AM
That's a simple answer: Philadelphia is a team that can score quickly. You never take your foot off the gas. Particularly not early in the game.

And the truth is that we didn't take our foot off the gas. Unless the theory is that the offense was failing to execute the plays called by design.

We've never had our foot ON the gas.

Mr. Plow
There's a seat open next to mine.
And I snuck a bottle in...

Are you the one with the bisexual wife/girlfriend because that would make the trip more entertaining.

JENKINSWINS
Looks pretty good to me. I think with a little more time it will become more efficient. Patience!

http://youtu.be/eZBVOi-zLwg

warrior
09-26-2013, 09:20 AM

The Berry pick 6 in Philly put the Chiefs up 10 points. Obviously youre not going to have super aggressive playcalls offensively with that. Why would you force the ball down field, maybe make a mistake, when you already have a 2 score advantage?

Keep in mind that this is the worst team in the league from last year, and we're running a brand new offense. Generally, this is a recipe for horrible starts, but thanks to the defense, and thanks in huge part to our quarterback not giving the football up, we're 3-0.

In the Cowboys game, and the Eagles game, when the chips were down and the offense had to stay on the football field, they did. Alex drove the team right down the field an answered the Cowboys with a TD to Bowe in the second half. Then another big drive for the FG to put us up scores.

That drive in the 4th quarter against the Eagles from the 5 yard line? Nails. That was a clock destroying, point scoring drive.

Offense isn't just about points. Its about killing the clock and keeping the other team incabable of putting up points of their own because their offense is riding the pine.

The O is good enough to be 3-0. They haven't peaked, and they will get better as the season goes on. That O-line certainly cant get much worse.

Good post and you gave credit were it was due :thumb:

OnTheWarpath15
All of those teams also retained the same QB.

Who had to learn a new system with new coaches and linemen, just like Smith.

Your point?

ptlyon
Lets fly a banner

Mr. Plow

I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to understand. Be excited for 3-0, I am. But be realistic that the offense (as a whole) is horrible and needs a lot of work.

Mr. Plow
09-26-2013, 09:21 AM
This short bus will be filled up in no time.

I CALL BACKSEAT!!!

THERE'S ROOM ON MY LAP!!1!1!!

Rausch
10 and 6 with a first round playoff loss is what I predicted as soon as they traded for Alex Smith. Life is good and the stadium is full!

I expected this in YEAR ONE.

I don't expect this year's team to be the norm.

And I think we'll upgrade the "QB surroundings" until we draft a QB (which I fully expect to happen.)

I don't expect it to be a QB this draft (2014) either...

Imon Yourside
Who had to learn a new system with new coaches and linemen, just like Smith.

Your point?

At least those guys had familiarity with their playmakers or skill positions.

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 09:22 AM
I don't expect this year's team to be the norm.

I expected this in YEAR ONE.

And I think we'll upgrade the "QB surroundings" until we draft a QB (which I fully expect to happen.)

I don't expect it to be a QB this draft either...

Bray could be the future.

Old Dog
09-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Lets fly a banner

Can we just throw a 9'er fan off the top of Arrowhead instead?

KC_Lee
09-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Bray WILL the future.

FYP.

vailpass
Are you the one with the bisexual wife/girlfriend because that would make the trip more entertaining.

LMAO Yep. But she's not gonna be there, she has ER duty.

The Franchise
I can't wait until we play a team and our offense sputters the entire game. There will be some fucking douche on this BB that blames the DEF for not keeping them in the entire game and only allowing 3 points.

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Well many of the "haters" were fully on the Draft Geno bandwagon. I was there as well. we really wanted a different QB to learn the system as a rookie and we were willing to go through the growing pains. The coaching staff went a different route and like it or not this is a short passing version of martyball. Most will hate that and although it isn't flashy or great it's exactly what Clark wanted to get the "True Fans" back on board.I was on the Geno bandwagon, too. But I knew as far back as January that it wasn't going to happen, and while I was disappointed we chose not to go that way, he stopped being a relevant topic for this team at the end of April, once he became a Jet. Now he has absolutely no bearing on how the Chiefs offense is executing now. He's certainly not relevant to this discussion in any way.

Speaking just for myself, I don't think I've even mentioned him in a thread on my own volition in weeks, if not months. I will respond if he's brought into a discussion, and I will continue to keep a curious eye on his progress, but to be honest I don't even think about the guy unless somebody else brings him up.

I'm sure my perception is biased, but from where I'm sitting it sure seems like the anti-Geno people bring him up a LOT more than any of his fans on the site do. It's like they can't let a sleeping dog lie. Just random interjections in the middle of conversations that have nothing to do with him. With some obvious exceptions (the geno vs alex thread, etc. - I have those ignored, so I don't know what's going on there, I'm just talking in general).

I wish they'd just let it go, to be honest.

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
I was on the Geno bandwagon, too. But I knew as far back as January that it wasn't going to happen, and while I was disappointed we chose not to go that way, he stopped being a relevant topic for this team at the end of April, once he became a Jet. Now he has absolutely no bearing on how the Chiefs offense is executing now. He's certainly not relevant to this discussion in any way.

Speaking just for myself, I don't think I've even mentioned him in a thread on my own volition in weeks, if not months. I will respond if he's brought into a discussion, and I will continue to keep a curious eye on his progress, but to be honest I don't even think about the guy unless somebody else brings him up.

I'm sure my perception is biased, but from where I'm sitting it sure seems like the anti-Geno people bring him up a LOT more than any of his fans on the site do. It's like they can't let a sleeping dog lie. Just random interjections in the middle of conversations that have nothing to do with him. With some obvious exceptions (the geno vs alex thread, etc. - I have those ignored, so I don't know what's going on there, I'm just talking in general).

Gotcha on the Geno thing, do you agree on the Passing version of Martyball thing though? I mean we pretty much knew it was coming.

Rausch
Bray could be the future.

So could me winning a $200k scratchers ticket.

I have more problems with Bray as a person than as an athlete/QB...

The Franchise
I was on the Geno bandwagon, too. But I knew as far back as January that it wasn't going to happen, and while I was disappointed we chose not to go that way, he stopped being a relevant topic for this team at the end of April, once he became a Jet. Now he has absolutely no bearing on how the Chiefs offense is executing now. He's certainly not relevant to this discussion in any way.

It's mainly the people who refuse to state their opinion during draft time. They love to come in during the season and shit on anybody who actually had an opinion.

Rausch
09-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Question: when she has to jam the catheter in a male does she feel empathy or joy?...

Mr. Plow
09-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Damn, I was getting ready to install the stripper pole and everything.

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 09:28 AM
So could me winning a $200k scratchers ticket.

I have more problems with Bray as a person than as an athlete/QB...

What do you have against him?

OnTheWarpath15
It's mainly the people who refuse to state their opinion during draft time. They love to come in during the season and shit on anybody who actually had an opinion.

It's also the people who dislike Clay.

They argue the poster, instead of the post, say something stupid - and then others get involved.

Before you know it, it's a free for all and the Clay bashers have turned the argument into something completely different.

keg in kc
Gotcha on the Geno thing, do you agree on the Passing version of Martyball thing though? I mean we pretty much knew it was coming.Yeah, but I think it's Martyball by execution, not Martyball by design. I think Andy Reid wants an offense that sustains drives and scores points. There's no doubt in my mind about that. To borrow a phrase from someone earlier in the thread, I don't think he's any more satisfied than I am with an offense that has 1 or 2 good drives a week and 10 bad ones.

Mr. Plow

Almost forgot the obligatory.....

I've got an ER..........IN MY PANTS!!!1!!11!

vailpass
09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Question: when she has to jam the catheter in a male does she feel empathy or joy?...

LMAO not her role...

Pablo
If you don't have that, what's this forum? What the fuck is it? What does this forum look like in the Utopian CP Society mind of "just enjoy the ride" fan? I'll tell you what it looks like:

"3-0! WOOOO!"

"JAMAAL CHARLES! WOOO!"

"JUSTIN HOUSTON! WOOO!"

"I HATE DENVER! WOOO!"
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.

BOOOO RAIDERS

BOOOO CHARGERS

GO! FIGHT! WIN!

vailpass
Damn, I was getting ready to install the stripper pole and everything.

Uh no, it's not like that LMAO

Rausch
What do you have against him?

His immaturity and inability to take his own future/career seriously.

I guess it'd be one of those "you can smell your own" moments...

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 09:30 AM
His immaturity and inability to take his own future/career seriously.

I guess it'd be one of those "you can smell your own" moments...

I think Reid will help him tremendously in that area, but I'll reserve judgement until a later date. :D

keg in kc
09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
It's also the people who dislike Clay.

They argue the poster, instead of the post, say something stupid - and then others get involved.

Before you know it, it's a free for all and the Clay bashers have turned the argument into something completely different.TBH, it gets a bit irritating to get lumped in with him in the middle of a serious discussion.

Rausch
LMAO not her role...

Deflection = dark future for you bro.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__9UFe0zlhT8/TK_pH3AvAuI/AAAAAAAAAG4/zUeWMPWg4js/s1600/Chasing+Amy.png

Mr. Plow
Uh no, it's not like that LMAO

It's more of a "Hey ladies, have a few shots of Jager. What?!? I have no idea where that pole came from."

duncan_idaho
I'm not sure why this is so hard for some to understand. Be excited for 3-0, I am. But be realistic that the offense (as a whole) is horrible and needs a lot of work.

My thoughts, exactly.

mike_b_284

How did you do it? You made valid points, illustrated them with specific examples, didn't call anyone a stupid bitch, or tell them to shoot themselves in the face.