PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Letting Albert walk *could* be a plus.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:25 AM
I was thinking about this earlier today when I was taking a huge dump.

It was a nice firm dump, not too hard but had a great cylindrical shape to it. Perfect dark brown tint to it. I'm clearly a healthy, growing boy.

If we let Albert walk, we just open up like $10m in cap space, right?

Not only does that let us sign Houston to a longterm deal, it also lets us sign a premiere playmaker in free agency. Particularly at wide receiver.

Eric Decker probably isn't leaving Denver, but I'm willing to bet Hakeem Nicks and Jeremy Maclin are out on their respective teams. Maclin, in particular, has a connection with Reid, and is the perfect compliment to Bowe out wide. That would give us the explosive pair of receivers this team really needs. Maclin won't even be as expensive as his talent suggests either, due to his health issues.

Brandon Pettigrew is not even the starter in Detroit anymore. He'd make a lot of sense in red & gold, if Fasano doesn't pan out the way we'd hoped.

So, assuming we re-sign TJax, that would keep our defensive front seven in tact, our secondary in tact.

Our receiving corps, which let's face it, is all that matters on offense aside from QB, is Bowe/Maclin/Avery/Hemingway/Jenkins (we let McCluster walk in free agency), a still-stout running game, and using our 1st round pick on an offensive tackle will give us a rotation of Fisher/Stephenson/the 2014 1st at tackle.

I know you guys will hate that last bit, but this game is won by great skill positions and passable talent in the trenches on offense.

Let me know if you want to know more about my dump.

chiefzilla1501
09-28-2013, 10:27 AM
This is the elephant in the room. Whether we like it or not, our cap situation is really lousy next year. We have to start making some hard decisions.

How did your dump smell? Was it a Bud Light dump? Those are the worst.

Bowser
09-28-2013, 10:28 AM
The windfall of possible playmakers would be fantastic, but of course you forgot to address who we would replace him with. And at this point, Fisher does not look like a viable replacement at LT. Given the way Reid values his linemen....

Go finish that dump, and make sure to wipe better.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:28 AM
This is the elephant in the room. Whether we like it or not, our cap situation is really lousy next year. We have to start making some hard decisions.

I'm not sure it was a Bud Light dump, as I didn't have drop to drink last night.

It was a Fazoli's dump. Which can be violent, violent affairs.

Fortunately my brown starfish was up to the challenge.

Urc Burry
09-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Let me get out that I want Albert to remain a chief. BUT.. it would almost be beneficial if he did go down for a couple games and we got to see what we had in Stephenson. Maybe he plays and looks the part? Or plays well enough to get some picks out of him. I always saw a lot of potential in him

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:30 AM
The windfall of possible playmakers would be fantastic, but of course you forgot to address who we would replace him with. And at this point, Fisher does not look like a viable replacement at LT. Given the way Reid values his linemen....

Go finish that dump, and make sure to wipe better.

Fisher should be fine by the start of next season.

His runblocking has mostly been okay, and should only get better after a year in an NFL strength & conditioning program. His passblocking will need work.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 10:32 AM
all depends on whether or not Fisher improves enough this year to handle the LT position.

hometeam
They will let Tamba walk before Albert.

edit; let me rephrase. They would rather see Tamba gone and get his cap number back, then see Albert gone and have his number back.

Rausch
I was thinking about this earlier today when I was taking a huge dump.

Fitting.

$#itty idea...

Rausch
09-28-2013, 10:33 AM

Based on what?

Where/when he was drafted?...

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Let me get out that I want Albert to remain a chief. BUT.. it would almost be beneficial if he did go down for a couple games and we got to see what we had in Stephenson. Maybe he plays and looks the part? Or plays well enough to get some picks out of him. I always saw a lot of potential in him

What is clearly the best option, is that Eric Fisher steps up to the plate and looks like a stud tackle the last four games of the year.

The last four games:

Redskins
Raiders
Colts
Chargers

If he plays extremely well in those last four games (here's hoping), then we do not have a hole at LT if Albert walks.

We don't have a hole at RT, either, so long as we've got Stephenson. We're set at tackles.

It'll be at guard we'll need to upgrade, as we are almost certain to let Asamoah walk.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 10:34 AM
They will let Tamba walk before Albert.

Not sure how much time Tamba has left.

I afraid that when he loses a step he is going to be completely done. He didn't have all that much speed to start with.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Stupid things Direckshun says for $500, Alex.

Saul Good
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Tamba, TJax, and Albert are all candidates to free up cap room next year.

TribalElder
09-28-2013, 10:37 AM
maclin will come to KC regardless I'm betting

Mr. Laz

I think people are underestimating the Chiefs ability to rework the cap.

we didn't restructure much under Pioli ... after all the dead money created by Reid's cuts drop off we should be pretty clean.

Direckshun
OH MY GOD.

Stop worrying about Hali. With Houston ascending the best we really need him to be is a solid #2.

Right now, he's playing like a #1. He just got done beating the ever loving shit out of Jason Peters. He's fucking fine.

Hammock Parties
HAHA YOU PAID TO EAT AT FAZOLI'S

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:39 AM

I DIDN'T SAY THAT

Mr. Laz
Tjax is running on a 4.5 million dollar deal and is playing around that level.

Tamba could be ... sadly. :(

Direckshun
By the way, Clay, you're full of shit.

I just found a tapas place in Springfield. And it's really fucking good.

I'll accept your apology any time. Go ahead.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2013, 10:40 AM
I'd have to try it, but I'm encouraged.

I'll force my relatives to go there at gunpoint over Cheddar's next time I'm in town.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 10:41 AM
OH MY GOD.

Stop worrying about Hali. With Houston ascending the best we really need him to be is a solid #2.

Right now, he's playing like a #1. He just got done beating the ever loving shit out of Jason Peters. He's ****ing fine.who are you talking to?

Direckshun
Tjax is running on a 4.5 million dollar deal and is playing around that level.

Tamba could be ... sadly. :(

We're not losing Tamba. There's absolutely no reason. Tamba's deal isn't expensive, relative to his talent.

TJax can probably get resigned for $3-$4m a year. He only plays 50% of the snaps.

The problem is, does he really want to stay. If he does, we can rope him in for a good deal.

If he wants to test the market, we're in trouble. Some team will want to play him 70-80% of the snaps, and that's how you lose a bidding war, my friend.

Fortunately, there's some really good 3-4 DE talent in the first round of this draft. If Fisher/Stephenson look like good bookends for next year, we'll be fine to go 3-4 DE.

vailpass
By the way, Clay, you're full of shit.

I just found a tapas place in Springfield. And it's really ****ing good.

I'll accept your apology any time. Go ahead.

I don't like that paste.
But I'd take Albert.

Rausch

One year on draft day we paid like $25 to get their pizza with the crust on top and bottom loaded with pepperoni and bacon on top.

****ing best pizza I ever had (and I managed a pizza place for 10 years.)

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:42 AM
who are you talking to?

Not sure how much time Tamba has left.

I afraid that when he loses a step he is going to be completely done. He didn't have all that much speed to start with.

Go Chiefs.

chiefzilla1501
09-28-2013, 10:42 AM

TJax doesn't free up cap space. The 2014 cap projections have the Chiefs really squeezed even without factoring in re-signing TJax.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I'd have to try it, but I'm encouraged.

I'll force my relatives to go there at gunpoint over Cheddar's next time I'm in town.

Ophelia's.

You're fucking welcome.

philfree
09-28-2013, 10:46 AM
TJax doesn't free up cap space. The 2014 cap projections have the Chiefs really squeezed even without factoring in re-signing TJax.

If we lose Jackson to FA next year won't we be up for the highest compensatory draft pick in the 2015 draft? Same thing for Albert?

chiefzilla1501
09-28-2013, 10:48 AM
I think people are underestimating the Chiefs ability to rework the cap.

we didn't restructure much under Pioli ... after all the dead money created by Reid's cuts drop off we should be pretty clean.

The current projections without dead money have the Chiefs pretty tight against the cap. This is not including Branden Albert, Akeem Jordan, Asamoah, Schwartz, Tyson Jackson. And that's with Houston's mega 2015 contract looming and who knows if the Chiefs choose to extend Alex Smith beyond 2014. We can maneuver the cap, but sooner or later, the team has to make some sacrifices.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Go Chiefs.
maybe you should read what i said again.

I said WHEN Tamba loses a step ... I didn't say he had

The Chiefs just don't want to be in the middle of another big contract and have Hali suddenly suck.

I honestly don't know what you're screaming about.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:49 AM
If we lose Jackson to FA next year won't we be up for the highest compensatory draft pick in the 2015 draft? Same thing for Albert?

Depends:

1. On the contract they sign (Albert will almost certainly sign a top-shelf contract, Jackson more of a middling contract).

2. On whether we replace them with free agents of roughly similar worth.

If we lose both players, we don't need to replace Albert, in which case we can probably get the highest possible compensatory pick in 2015 (3rd rounder).

If we lose Jackson, assuming we DRAFT his replacement, we could net a 5th or 6th rounder in 2015, unless somebody pays Jackson a primo contract.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 10:49 AM
The current projections without dead money have the Chiefs pretty tight against the cap. This is not including Branden Albert, Akeem Jordan, Asamoah, Schwartz, Tyson Jackson. And that's with Houston's mega 2015 contract looming and who knows if the Chiefs choose to extend Alex Smith beyond 2014. We can maneuver the cap, but sooner or later, the team has to make some sacrifices.
imo those projections are based on contracts that haven't ever been restructured etc. I think there is tons of room to work.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Lose Albert, and you can make all those contracts work.

You can resign Houston, you can bring in a premier WR, and you can re-sign Jackson and Schwartz.

I care less about us retaining Asamoah and Jordan. Replaceable talents.

MotherfuckerJones
09-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Fisher really has to improve. I mean drastically, for us to let Albert walk

MotherfuckerJones
09-28-2013, 10:55 AM
I think marlin will come here but I'd rather have nicks.

Direckshun
Fisher really has to improve. I mean drastically, for us to let Albert walk

He needs to go through his learning pains NOW. EARLY in the season.

If he gives me a really good final four games, I'm on board for letting Albert walk.

philfree
Depends:

1. On the contract they sign (Albert will almost certainly sign a top-shelf contract, Jackson more of a middling contract).

2. On whether we replace them with free agents of roughly similar worth.

If we lose both players, we don't need to replace Albert, in which case we can probably get the highest possible compensatory pick in 2015 (3rd rounder).

If we lose Jackson, assuming we DRAFT his replacement, we could net a 5th or 6th rounder in 2015, unless somebody pays Jackson a primo contract.

Doesn't both those guys being 1st round draft picks enter into the equation?

If Jackson has a career year maybe someone will overpay him like we over drafted him.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Doesn't both those guys being 1st round draft picks enter into the equation?

If Jackson has a career year maybe someone will overpay him like we over drafted him.

It does not factor into the equation. Draft pick does the talking, but money does the walking.

Jackson could honestly get a plum contract if he leaves in free agency. He's having a hell of a year, and provides a critical service most teams need.

Ace Gunner
09-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Good thread D, I think it's a foregone conclusion Albert is either gone or tagged one more season. It really depends on how this team performs now;

1) If they were to go deep into playoffs and Tamba etc look like they didn't drop off performance wise, they may just get redo's and keep this core together for one more shot or two.

2) If they were to somehow get this offense going and win it all this season, it will be a matter of who's FA next year & how they want to handle the Tamba's of the team. Trends today show teams letting veteran players walk after a championship.

3) They might have Albert's replacement now with Stephenson & Fish (one being LT).

Fritz88
09-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Sounds good, but how is Bowe and Maclin the best fit for Alex?

More TEs, that's what we need.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM

Pretty close if they both start...

Bowser
09-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Or how about this - if Bowe stays on his current pace of production (48 rec 480 yds 6 TDs) they will likely ask him to restructure, freeing up cash.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 11:08 AM

Keep Albert, Extend Houston until IN-FUCKING-FINITY, and as much as I hate to say it cut the rest...

TEX
09-28-2013, 11:11 AM

You can resign Houston, you can bring in a premier WR, and you can re-sign Jackson and Schwartz.

I care less about us retaining Asamoah and Jordan. Replaceable talents.

Yep.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Or how about this - if Bowe stays on his current pace of production (48 rec 480 yds 6 TDs) they will likely ask him to restructure, freeing up cash.

Not a chance in hell.

Bowe's still by far the most talented receiver on this team. You don't take a shit on him until that's no longer remotely true.

Ace Gunner
Tomorrow, I'll be at the game and I planned to watch the WR's to see what is wrong there. This OL isn't even completing basic blocking which is impeding the development of plays and limiting the calls etc, but tomorrow I'll be right there, got great seats too.

I have been very impressed with Avery. Was not a fan, didn't care for the signing because he is a dropper, but he has caught what needed to be caught here so far. He looks every bit the #2 WR for the Chiefs. We'll see how he does the rest of this young season, but he is on a tear -- Hawaii style bruh.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
Look at all the true fans wanting to throw money in the trenches. Funny you don't see that .gif in a thread like this though. CP logic is great. Sorry, Albert is the odd man out

Bowser
I do not want Donald Stephenson replacing Albert, nor have I seen enough from Fisher to this point that I would be comfortable watching him protect the blind side.

At this point you bite the bullet and pay/franchise Albert this offseason. <---That is subject to change, though.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I do not want Donald Stephenson replacing Albert, nor have I seen enough from Fisher to this point that I would be comfortable watching him protect the blind side.

At this point you bite the bullet and pay/franchise Albert this offseason. <---That is subject to change, though.

Fortunately, it's too early to make that decision.

Give me four really good games from Fisher to end the season, and I'm down for it.

BlackHelicopters
09-28-2013, 11:19 AM

Taco Bell dump<Bud Light dump

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 11:25 AM
At some point Albert is likely to get dinged up this year and miss a game or two.

Fisher and Stephenson starting will tell us what we have

CoMoChief
09-28-2013, 11:26 AM
If Albert walks next season do we get a comp pick in the following draft?

If not why? I don't understand the rules of who/why a team gets a comp pick, where/how many etc.

Mav
09-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Eric Fisher, and sorry to sidetrack this thread, but honestly, if they want to build his confidence, and allow him to understand that he has the physical tools to play in this league, they should run the ball more. Much easier for a linemen to run block, than to pass block.

He needs a confidence boost.

About Albert. With the salary cap going to rise, it is possible, (as long as they don't extend alex with new money) to keep everyone they want to keep. Albert being one of those id imagine. Left tackles don't just grow on trees.

Ask Aaron Rodgers.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2013, 11:32 AM
If Albert walks next season do we get a comp pick in the following draft?

If not why? I don't understand the rules of who/why a team gets a comp pick, where/how many etc.
depends on what free agents we sign

They add up what you lose and what you gain then give you a pick based on the difference.

I believe it's playing time,starting time and overall impact of player that ranks what you lose. I haven't seen an actual formula yet.

RealSNR
09-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Fuck Maclin. If we wanted a player on our team to be taking up space on IR, we would have kept Moeaki.

Your idea has AIDS

RealSNR
09-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Good thread D, I think it's a foregone conclusion Albert is either gone or tagged one more season. It really depends on how this team performs now;

1) If they were to go deep into playoffs and Tamba etc look like they didn't drop off performance wise, they may just get redo's and keep this core together for one more shot or two.

2) If they were to somehow get this offense going and win it all this season, it will be a matter of who's FA next year & how they want to handle the Tamba's of the team. Trends today show teams letting veteran players walk after a championship.

3) They might have Albert's replacement now with Stephenson & Fish (one being LT).
What if we signed Brad Cottam? He's the best thing to ever happen to KC pass protection, after all, right?

Rausch
09-28-2013, 11:45 AM

This...

Rausch
09-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Eric Fisher, and sorry to sidetrack this thread, but honestly, if they want to build his confidence, and allow him to understand that he has the physical tools to play in this league, they should run the ball more. Much easier for a linemen to run block, than to pass block.

He needs a confidence boost.

Completely agree.

About Albert. With the salary cap going to rise, it is possible, (as long as they don't extend alex with new money) to keep everyone they want to keep. Albert being one of those id imagine. Left tackles don't just grow on trees.

Ask Aaron Rodgers.

And this.

Knock this $#it off or people might start respecting your opinion...

dannybcaitlyn
09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
I would try to keep Albert. He's still the best offensive lineman we have and I dont have a lot of faith in Fisher. Lots of teams need a good LT, and we might be one of them if we let Albert go. I know Fisher is learning the ropes, but Albert was playing in guard in college before we turn him into a LT, and he played ten times better then Fisher his rookie year.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Fisher has been getting his ass kicked in run blocking, too.

Dunerdr
09-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Big red loves him some linemen so its a ot at 1.xx next year or extend what weve got. Im not hoping for it, and not overly familiar with his contract, but any chance tambas trade bait in the off season?

Rasputin
09-28-2013, 11:51 AM
I like Albert and I like the fact that he stuck to his guns to the new regime and told them he wouldn't play RT & play LT that he started in the NFL to do.

We need continuity along the line and I think it would be a hindrance to building a cohesive unit if we let Albert walk. Seems like we would be wasting a draft spot just to pick another high round draft pick for a fucking RT if Fisher is going move over to LT and he would be a rookie LT so another year wasted developing this line.

Sandy Vagina
09-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Love OL continuity also, but I am just not sure there will be a way around letting Albert walk into the FA market payday.

Fisher will hopefully improve his game at RT this year, and would have all of the offseason to rediscover his game at LT. KC didn't draft him at 1.1 and not expect him to be their LT one day.

RealSNR
09-28-2013, 11:59 AM
This has been pointed out before by many people (and proven by me) but Andy Reid does NOT know how to draft offensive linemen. It's probably a 50-50 shot that our hypothetical OT that we draft next year is a huge piece of flaming AIDS shit.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9905158&postcount=685

Bewbies
09-28-2013, 12:01 PM
If you sign Albert long term his cap # goes down. As in maybe a $4-$5m number. I'd bet Berry's cap # could be reworked too! and you'd have nearly your $10m right there, without losing your best o-lineman...

Red Dawg
09-28-2013, 12:04 PM
No way in hell we should just let him walk. He is a team leader and a good player.

Sandy Vagina
09-28-2013, 12:11 PM
If you sign Albert long term his cap # goes down. As in maybe a $4-$5m number. I'd bet Berry's cap # could be reworked too! and you'd have nearly your $10m right there, without losing your best o-lineman...

If he is willing to do that and forgo the FA market, then great. I don't know how badly he wants to remain a Chief. I say that, because he would likely get offered far more on the open market than KC would commit to. Could just come down to love for the team versus love for the green? :hmmm:

Rausch
09-28-2013, 12:19 PM
I like Albert and I like the fact that he stuck to his guns to the new regime and told them he wouldn't play RT & play LT that he started in the NFL to do.

Had he not Albert would be gone and our line would be $#it...

Rausch
09-28-2013, 12:21 PM
If he is willing to do that and forgo the FA market, then great.

Albert doesn't owe KC anything.

KC owes BA...

Ace Gunner
09-28-2013, 12:37 PM
No way in hell we should just let him walk. He is a team leader and a good player.

in five seasons, he committed 37 ****ing penalties;

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlbeBr20/penalties/

3 penalties already this season, two of them "illegal formation" which is ****ing stupid shit for a sixth year starter.

He's never been to Hawaii as a pro, He's not completed but one season.

He's part of perhaps the worst OL in pro football and he'll be 29yo in a month. JFC

Rausch
09-28-2013, 12:44 PM
He's part of perhaps the worst OL in pro football and he'll be 29yo in a month. JFC

Opinion = invalid.

Name 10 LT's better than him in the next 30 minutes or shut the fuck up forever.

Now. GO!

RealSNR
09-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Opinion = invalid.

Name 10 LT's better than him in the next 30 minutes or shut the fuck up forever.

Now. GO!

Don't argue with that guy. He hates all of the Chiefs best players.

This is funny considering the current crap situation our line is in right now.

T-post Tom
Fisher ... should only get better after a year in an NFL strength & conditioning program. His passblocking will need work.

True. And he has the frame to add some bulk, which with definately help his cause. It'll be interesting to see how he transitions back to LT, if that happens. May see a lot of Fasano helping on that side early next season.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Don't argue with that guy. He hates all of the Chiefs best players.

He's fucking new at HATE...

Rausch
09-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Opinion = invalid.

Name 10 LT's better than him in the next 30 minutes or shut the **** up forever.

Now. GO!

Waiting...

mcaj22
09-28-2013, 01:06 PM
with the 17th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select tackle Nobody McFart, Central Western Eastern South Hawaii State

Halfcan
09-28-2013, 01:09 PM
in five seasons, he committed 37 ****ing penalties;

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlbeBr20/penalties/

3 penalties already this season, two of them "illegal formation" which is ****ing stupid shit for a sixth year starter.

He's never been to Hawaii as a pro, He's not completed but one season.

BA has 13 games to play better and Prove he can stay healthy- if he does neither-they won't pay him 10 mil.

Hali is the Heart of this Defense-I think he retires a Chief-at least I hope so. Would suck to see him in a donk or Fader uniform.

Halfcan
09-28-2013, 01:10 PM
with the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select tackle Nobody McFart, Central Western Eastern South Hawaii State

FYP

Eleazar
09-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Albert has not played like a guy you should be resigning, to this point in the season.

I'm fine with letting him walk. In fact, with a 22-year old 1st round tackle on the roster, it's really the only thing that makes sense.

RealSNR
09-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Albert has not played like a guy you should be resigning, to this point in the season.

I'm fine with letting him walk. In fact, with a 22-year old 1st round tackle on the roster, it's really the only thing that makes sense.

Until we need to find a starter opposite him and burn another 1st rounder on an OT who sucks as bad as Fisher.

Bowser
09-28-2013, 01:21 PM

Piss on that. You don't hand the job to a young guy just because he's young, no matter at what position in the draft he was taken.

Fisher needs to improve by leaps and bounds before I'll be comfortable watching him at left tackle. He needs to improve by leaps and bounds to be a solid RIGHT tackle, as of today.

keg in kc
09-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Sounds like the perfect way to begin every true fan's wet dream of drafting a tackle every season. We get into my projected cycle from a couple years back where we draft a T #1 in 2013 and start him on the right, release Albert, move Fisher to LT and draft a new RT #1 in 2014. Draft a new RT #1 in 2015, allowing us to move the 2014 pick to LT and Fisher to RG (since all tackles should be moved to guard eventually...), then in 2016 it's another new RT #1, moving 2015 RT to LT, LT to RG, and Fisher to LG.

And then, finally, in 2017, we'll have the perfect offensive line to win with Alex Smith, with 2013 #1 Fisher your starting C, 2014 #1 starting RG, 2015 #1 starting LG, 2016 #1 starting LT and 2017 #1 starting RT.

CaliforniaChief
09-28-2013, 01:28 PM
This has been pointed out before by many people (and proven by me) but Andy Reid does NOT know how to draft offensive linemen. It's probably a 50-50 shot that our hypothetical OT that we draft next year is a huge piece of flaming AIDS shit.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9905158&postcount=685

Fortunately Andy Reid isn't picking like he was in Philly.

Albert's going to get paid, no doubt. And I am fairly certain it won't be by us. Too bad, because he's a good one. We'll see how Fisher progresses (or doesn't.)

Drafting well is so important when you're up against the cap.

I would like to think that Chase Daniel, Dunta Robinson, and Tyson Jackson will be gone/restructured. I'd also like to see Houston get paid, Berry extended as well.

Bowser
09-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Sounds like the perfect way to begin every true fan's wet dream of drafting a tackle every season. We get into my projected cycle from a couple years back where we draft a T #1 in 2013 and start him on the right, release Albert, move Fisher to LT and draft a new RT #1 in 2014. Draft a new RT #1 in 2015, allowing us to move the 2014 pick to LT and Fisher to RG (since all tackles should be moved to guard eventually...), then in 2016 it's another new RT #1, moving 2015 RT to LT, LT to RG, and Fisher to LG.

And then, finally, in 2017, we'll have the perfect offensive line to win with Alex Smith, with 2013 #1 Fisher your starting C, 2014 #1 starting RG, 2015 #1 starting LG, 2016 #1 starting LT and 2017 #1 starting RT.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

*obligatory

Rausch
09-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Opinion = invalid.

Name 10 LT's better than him in the next 30 minutes or shut the **** up forever.

Now. GO!

Aaaaaaaaaaaand...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/d/de/Lose.gif

Buehler445
09-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah. I haven't been in favor of letting Albert walk from the beginning. Still am not.

Imon Yourside
09-28-2013, 01:53 PM
We Need Albert to stay, not in favor of letting him walk.

SDChiefs
09-28-2013, 01:55 PM
so the other day when i was taking a huge dump i thought of you.

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Opinion = invalid.

Now. GO!

I just saw this but I can do this in my sleep. BA is NOT a top 10 tackle no matter how much wishing and hoping we apply to the situation. He is however a top 15 tackle, making him above average and worth keeping for the right price.

here's 10 btw...

Brown
Staley
Okung
Whitworth
Thomas
Clady
Solder
Williams
Roos
Kalil

notorious
09-28-2013, 02:43 PM
When Albert left the game against Dallas, our offense looked even worse than it's normal shitty self.

I just don't know.......

Rausch
09-28-2013, 02:43 PM
When Albert left the game against Dallas, our offense looked even worse than it's normal shitty self.

I just don't know.......

I do...

notorious
09-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I do...

I do too.

He needs to stay and it's not even close.

Rausch
I just saw this but I can do this in my sleep. BA is NOT a top 10 tackle no matter how much wishing and hoping we apply to the situation. He is however a top 15 tackle, making him above average and worth keeping for the right price.

here's 10 btw...

Brown
Staley
Okung
Whitworth
Thomas
Clady
Solder
Williams
Roos
Kalil

In bold I completely disagree.

That said I can see how the top 10/15 point can be argued...

Ace Gunner
Albert homer opinion is homer

RealSNR

here's 10 btw...

Brown
Staley
Okung
Whitworth
Thomas
Clady
Solder
Williams
Roos
KalilI'd rather have Albert than Whitworth, Solder, Williams, and Roos.

notorious
09-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd rather have Albert than Whitworth, Solder, Williams, and Roos.

Add Okung to the list.

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 02:47 PM
In bold I completely disagree.

That said I can see how the top 10/15 point can be argued...

I'll concede Roos but not Solder. Not even close, Solder is ascending and RIGHT NOW has played better this year.

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I'd rather have Albert than Whitworth, Solder, Williams, and Roos.

I'll give you Roos, but you are full on homer if you think the rest aren't better than Albert right now.

So maybe Albert is top 10 BARELY...as I have always said.. he is realistically in the 8-15 range. Making him solidly above average and not easily replaced but also not someone you should break the bank for.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I'll concede Roos but not Solder. Not even close, Solder is ascending and RIGHT NOW has played better this year.

He isn't fucking 1/2 the run blocker Albert is.

Clear - cut - dry...

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 02:51 PM
He isn't fucking 1/2 the run blocker Albert is.

Clear - cut - dry...

Actually he is, AND he doesn't make as many bonehead mistakes. I'd take Solder 6 days of the week and twice on Sunday.

King_Chief_Fan
09-28-2013, 03:01 PM
You clearly strained to hard.
maclin? Wasted talent like Moeiaki. Cant stay healthy. No thanks

Hoover
09-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I like Albert but I don't think he's an elite talent. I think it makes a lot of sense to let him walk and take the 3rd round compensatory pick. All that said, KC is not going to be active in the free agent market. I could see a WR, but don't be expecting a stud. This team is built to add young talent through the draft, not FA. WR, QB, and DL.

RealSNR
09-28-2013, 03:10 PM
I'll give you Roos, but you are full on homer if you think the rest aren't better than Albert right now.

So maybe Albert is top 10 BARELY...as I have always said.. he is realistically in the 8-15 range. Making him solidly above average and not easily replaced but also not someone you should break the bank for.

Trent Williams got a Pro Bowl nod last year, but he dicks around too much with injuries. Far more than Albert does. He's also only had less than one season of that kind of consistent production.

Whitworth, again, has a single Pro Bowl nod most recently this last year. I might put him above Albert.

As for Solder, no thank you.

None of those guys are names I'd be able to name as better tackles than Albert as easily as you do. They're debatable names.

Snapplez
09-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Okung and Williams were both considered below average Tackles until they got mobile QBs behind them. Albert is easily better than both

the Talking Can
09-28-2013, 03:13 PM
let albert walk so we can use another first round pick on the OL and sign a wr coming off a blown knee...

and then hand our OL over to two players who have shown jack and shit on the field...

but drafting a QB is risky....**** my life

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Trent Williams got a Pro Bowl nod last year, but he dicks around too much with injuries. Far more than Albert does. He's also only had less than one season of that kind of consistent production.

Whitworth, again, has a single Pro Bowl nod most recently this last year. I might put him above Albert.

As for Solder, no thank you.

None of those guys are names I'd be able to name as better tackles than Albert as easily as you do. They're debatable names.

Oh there is definitely room for discussion (except on Solder who I think everyone is underrating like crazy) which is why I will concede that Albert COULD be top 10 but just barely. Again, 8-15 range is a safe bet. But he certainly isn't someone I would say is DEFINITELY unarguably top 10.

Mav
09-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Fisher has been getting his ass kicked in run blocking, too.

No one said hes great at either. But if you go back and watch his seal block on Jamaal Charles run, you would understand why I said that. His biggest problem is mental.

And to better left tackles than Brenda Albert.

Joe Thomas, Joe Staley.......after that, he would be somewhere between 3-10.

Mav
09-28-2013, 03:32 PM

here's 10 btw...

Brown
Staley
Okung
Whitworth
Thomas
Clady
Solder
Williams
Roos
Kalil

There is no way in hell that I am putting Kalil, after one season over Brendan Albert. No way in hell. I agree on Solder being underrated. I think Okung is way overrated though.

Thomas, and Staley are the best two left tackles in football right now. No one is more underrated, or maybe underappreciated than Joe Staley.

Titty Meat
09-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Direck is the same guy who said Pioli wasn't a bad drafter

MTG#10
09-28-2013, 03:38 PM
I dont feel like reading this whole thread and this has probably been addressed but if not...what good would signing a receiver like Maclin do when we have a QB that wont throw the ball farther than 10 yards?

mcaj22
09-28-2013, 03:38 PM
There is no way in hell that I am putting Kalil, after one season over Brendan Albert. No way in hell. I agree on Solder being underrated. I think Okung is way overrated though.

Thomas, and Staley are the best two left tackles in football right now. No one is more underrated, or maybe underappreciated than Joe Staley.

Kalil is like the best LT in all of football he's that good.

plug and play, young, huge upside, already elite, blocks for the best RB in the NFL and has a really crappy QB.

If Eric Fisher was like Matt Kalil (he should be, he was picked first overall) in YEAR 1, nobody would be crying right now about how bad the line is

but he is not. So that makes, Kalil, good as it stands right now

RunKC
09-28-2013, 03:55 PM
I would let Albert go if it meant having the money to sign Houston to a long term deal.

Mav
09-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Kalil is like the best LT in all of football he's that good.

plug and play, young, huge upside, already elite, blocks for the best RB in the NFL and has a really crappy QB.

If Eric Fisher was like Matt Kalil (he should be, he was picked first overall) in YEAR 1, nobody would be crying right now about how bad the line is

but he is not. So that makes, Kalil, good as it stands right now

Fair take.

No way you could ever get me to admit he is better than Joe Thomas though.......

I bet after what Joe Thomas did to Jared Allen last week, even he wouldn't argue.

I like Kalil, I liked him last year too.

Mav
09-28-2013, 03:59 PM
I would let Albert go if it meant having the money to sign Houston to a long term deal.

Houston isn't going anywhere. Hes on pace to be the DPOY.....

You don't have to worry about that.

RunKC
09-28-2013, 04:04 PM

You obviously haven't followed this franchise for long.

We always get rid of quality players.

Neil Smith
Rich Gannon
Jared Allen
Brandon Carr

John Dorsey appears different, but we thought the same thing with Scooter. Not enough time to judge him yet.

Mav
09-28-2013, 04:11 PM
You obviously haven't followed this franchise for long.

We always get rid of quality players.

Neil Smith
Rich Gannon
Jared Allen
Brandon Carr

John Dorsey appears different, but we thought the same thing with Scooter. Not enough time to judge him yet.

No, obviously I haven't. But, I did see the eagles take care of Trent Cole, and the Packers just took care of Clay Matthews. I could see if they had to, the Chiefs letting Albert go, to keep Houston. I just don't think it ever comes to that.

I think they can sign them both.

ct
09-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Paying top $ for two stud pass rushers is a FAR better investment than too $ for two OTs especially when we are NOT taking about studs anyway. Albert is solid, not elite.

Let Albert walk, Fisher and Stephenson start the offseason fighting for LT/RT, and draft depth. Spend $ on positions that will change the game!

Mav
09-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Paying top $ for two stud pass rushers is a FAR better investment than too $ for two OTs especially when we are NOT taking about studs anyway. Albert is solid, not elite.

Let Albert walk, Fisher and Stephenson start the offseason fighting for LT/RT, and draft depth. Spend $ on positions that will change the game!

Or, keep them both.

Lots of 3-4 teams are paying premium dollar or pass rushers.

SF is, Cleveland is, Pitts did for a long time with Woodley, and Harrison.

I would say though, if you are going to let Albert go, move Fisher to LT, keep Stephenson as a back up and draft a RT, in the 4th round.

kcxiv
09-28-2013, 04:18 PM

His runblocking has mostly been okay, and should only get better after a year in an NFL strength & conditioning program. His passblocking will need work.

In don't know he's getting dominated at rt. He goes to LT and its much much worse. Last thing we need is Jordan black reincarnated.

Rt is a position that has to be rock solid not iffy.

Mav
09-28-2013, 04:19 PM
In don't know he's getting dominated at rt. He goes to LT and its much much worse. Last thing we need is Jordan black reincarnated.

Rt is a position that has to be rock solid not iffy.

Totally off topic. But from a SF Giants fan. Congrats, and good luck. Bring it home to the West......

BossChief
09-28-2013, 04:28 PM
We are gonna be right at 120 million next year...if we cut Robinson that gives us another 3 and would out us at 117.

The salary cap went from 120 up to 123 this year and next year the new tv contracts kick in, as well.

It's probably gonna jump again to between 126-130.

Hali isn't gonna go anywhere at 6 million, but could be extended to clear cap space and make the numbers reasonable in terms of cap hit. I'd think they would ask Berry to sign an extension to clear some space to make room to extend the contract of Houston and possibly Jackson as well as adding a couple mid tier free agents.

BigRedChief
09-28-2013, 05:11 PM

I care less about us retaining Asamoah and Jordan. Replaceable talents.THIS!

We are not in cap hell. The key is Fisher improving enough to play LT next year and letting Albert walk. If that can happen, the rest of the deals and player movements can happen without further hitches.

Fisher can't play LT next year, we are going to lose someone we really need to keep.

Easy 6
09-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Without reading past the first 1-2, lets just go with NOPE.

This offense badly needs a veteran anchor, the D has plenty of them of mixed vintage, but the O needs every bit of Albert, Bowe and Charles it can get... veteran presences with long ties to the team who can ride herd on the field and in the lockerroom.

milkman
09-28-2013, 05:28 PM
So the plan is to let a good tackle walk and draft his replacement in the first round a year after we let a solid, albeit unspectacular, tackle walk in order to draft his repacement in the first round?

Brilliant?

Rausch
09-28-2013, 05:31 PM
So the plan is to let a good tackle walk and draft his replacement in the first round a year after we let a solid, albeit unspectacular, tackle walk in order to draft his repacement in the first round?

Brilliant?

Fucking retarded.

But Madden 14 says he'll go up 4 pts per year so it's worth it....

Rausch
09-28-2013, 05:32 PM

Clay?...

unlurking
09-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Fuck this. Why does everyone want to get rid of Albert or move him to guard? What the fuck is the obsession with getting rid of the only good player on our line? I really thought that this kind of crap was over the way this OL is playing.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 05:49 PM
**** this. Why does everyone want to get rid of Albert or move him to guard? What the **** is the obsession with getting rid of the only good player on our line? I really thought that this kind of crap was over the way this OL is playing.

But on Madden 14....

milkman
09-28-2013, 06:14 PM
****ing retarded.

But Madden 14 says he'll go up 4 pts per year so it's worth it....

Don't play video games, so I have no real idea what you are talking about.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Don't play video games, so I have no real idea what you are talking about.

I'm guessing. Last one I bought was 11...

milkman
09-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I miss good old school pinball machines.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 06:22 PM
I miss good old school pinball machines.

Elvira was always my favorite...

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/782/Backglass.jpg
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/782/image-3.jpg
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/782/Playfield.jpg

milkman
09-28-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm talking real old school.

Lightbulbs, bumpers and flippers.
None of that electronic garbage.

Mav
09-28-2013, 06:45 PM

Brilliant?
Im not sure where you are getting that they are going to draft another tackle in the first round. Matter of fact, as it has been stated many times, having two first round tackles in the league is rare. Most of the time, your Right Tackles can be found mid round. I doubt very seriously the notion that they will be drafting one in the first round.

My money still is on them drafting a qb. Although, a wide receiver or a tight end wouldn't be out of the question.

But, as you go forward, where do you THINK they need to get someone?

There are very few needs. Interior Oline, G,C,G WR, Te, qb if there is one there that you want. it is the luxury of having a good team. You can draft the BPA regardless of position.
Clay?...

Not sure how, or why, or if I should feel insulted or complimented.

I think it is pretty common knowledge that you don't let 24 year old premium pass rushers leave.....

milkman
09-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Im not sure where you are getting that they are going to draft another tackle in the first round.

My response is specific to Direcshun's OP.

Read the third paragraph from the bottom.

Mav
09-28-2013, 07:01 PM
My response is specific to Direcshun's OP.

Read the third paragraph from the bottom.

ahhhh, Well said. My bad. Retracted.....

Pablo
09-28-2013, 07:04 PM

Brilliant?LMAO

Classic Chiefs Fans.

Sorter
09-28-2013, 07:12 PM
LMAO

Classic Chiefs Fans.

Gentlemen, we must have moar tackles.

Chief Roundup
09-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Why would we let him go for NO compensation? Tag and trade or sign long term are the options. This upcoming off-season will not be like this last off-season. This last off-season the LT market was bad because there was so many LTs on the market that it devalued the position. This upcoming off-season this will not be the case. Alberts value will be higher because there will not be very many LTs on the market not to mention he is having another pretty good year.
I hope he stays but we have options.

whoman69
09-28-2013, 07:59 PM

I thought you could never have too many safeties.

Dirkshun's plan sounds like old school CeePee to me.

Bowser
09-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Piss on this thread.

KC_Lee
09-28-2013, 08:03 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Stop taking dumps and "thinking", please.

BigRedChief
09-28-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm talking real old school.

Lightbulbs, bumpers and flippers.
None of that electronic garbage.I love the old school pinball machines. Going to get me one some day. Hated Elton John but played this one many a time in the arcade.
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/1/15/4/enhanced-buzz-28218-1358243042-3.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Swanky.

milkman
09-28-2013, 09:20 PM
I love the old school pinball machines. Going to get me one some day. Hated Elton John but played this one many a time in the arcade.
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/1/15/4/enhanced-buzz-28218-1358243042-3.jpg

Don't remember the name of the one I basically grew up playing in the late 60s, early 70s, but it no where near as fancy as that.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 09:32 PM
What's more True Fan?

(a.) Signing Albert to a deal that puts us up against the cap, and drafting his RT counterpart #1 overall.

or

(b.) Letting Albert walk so we can lock up Houston now, and sign more talent at skill positions, drafting his LT replacement #1 overall.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 09:35 PM
What's more True Fan?

(a.) Signing Albert to a deal that puts us up against the cap, and drafting his RT counterpart #1 overall.

or

(b.) Letting Albert walk so we can lock up Houston now, and sign more talent at skill positions, drafting his LT replacement #1 overall.

Basically, because you simply don't like my strategy, you're labeling it as True Fan.

Which doesn't make a fucking lick of sense, since I'm in favor of making our most serious investments at QB, WR, and front seven. We've already got a #1 overall tackle on the team. Put his ass at LT like we've always been meaning to instead of stranding him at RT like idiots.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2013, 09:37 PM
What's more True Fan?

(a.) Signing Albert to a deal that puts us up against the cap, and drafting his RT counterpart #1

Against the cap?

ROFL

You don't know anything about the salary cap, the NFL or the college game.

There isn't a bigger blowhard on Chiefsplanet the you.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
Basically, because you simply don't like my strategy, you're labeling it as True Fan.

Which doesn't make a fucking lick of sense, since I'm in favor of making our most serious investments at QB, WR, and front seven. We've already got a #1 overall tackle on the team. Put his ass at LT like we've always been meaning to instead of stranding him at RT like idiots.

Are you debating yourself now?

Direckshun
Against the cap?

ROFL

ROFL

I always thought it was a positive thing to blow hard.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Are you debating yourself now?

Just underlining my point.

MotherfuckerJones
09-28-2013, 09:40 PM
I just want Hakeem Nicks. Get him and my offseason is fine

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 09:42 PM
I just want Hakeem Nicks. Get him and my offseason is fine

How's he played this year?

I fear Nicks is a shell of his former self. And his skillset is basically Bowe's.

Direckshun
09-28-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm disappointed in the lack of questions about my poop.

MotherfuckerJones
09-28-2013, 09:46 PM
How's he played this year?

I fear Nicks is a shell of his former self. And his skillset is basically Bowe's.

He's 25 I believe. No he's not a shell of his former self, he has 9 rec 197 yds this year. He's a great possession receiver and would be good for this team. It's not like we have a QB that can take the top off of a defense

salame
09-29-2013, 12:59 AM
hi

Hammock Parties
09-29-2013, 01:35 AM

Alex Smith could be Trent Green 3.0!

The only question is if we offer an extension to Romeo Crennel for winning playoff games with Matt Cassel AND Alex Smith.

Eleazar
09-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Piss on that. You don't hand the job to a young guy just because he's young, no matter at what position in the draft he was taken.

Fisher needs to improve by leaps and bounds before I'll be comfortable watching him at left tackle. He needs to improve by leaps and bounds to be a solid RIGHT tackle, as of today.

We aren't going to get ahead by keeping two mediocre tackles, because we are afraid that it's too risky to try to replace one of them.

We need to let the one whose contract is up go, keep the one who is under contract for years and still young and let him play his natural position, and find a RT through free agency or the draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Great Idea:

Let's let Albert walk, and rebuild the entire O-line around Fisher. Drafts and drafts and drafts of fatties at the top for the next 5 years! Do it!/Lil' Chiefy

Dave Lane
09-29-2013, 07:39 AM
maybe you should read what i said again.

I said WHEN Tamba loses a step ... I didn't say he had

The Chiefs just don't want to be in the middle of another big contract and have Hali suddenly suck.

I honestly don't know what you're screaming about.

He's already lost a step. If he loses a couple more we could have to let him go at the price. Better him than Albert. We lose Albert he goes with our 1st round pick next year. Every true fan alive will demand we draft a OL to replace him.

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Great Idea:

Let's let Albert walk, and rebuild the entire O-line around Fisher. Drafts and drafts and drafts of fatties at the top for the next 5 years! Do it!/Lil' Chiefy

This is hypocritical. So you are pissed that we drafted a Left Tackle, yet you want to sink $10M+ on a Left Tackle? I don't understand the logic. If the o-line is that unimportant, then the team should have no issue saving payroll and using the draft for our offensive fatties, not free agency. And no, I'm not saying use our first round picks... I'm talking about putting Fisher at Left Tackle, and using 2nd and 3rd round picks on the rest of our line.

Direckshun
09-29-2013, 08:08 AM
He's already lost a step.

This is absolute hot garbage.

Hali hasn't lost a step, people. Christ. He whipped Jason Peters ass all day in Philly.

Titty Meat
09-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Alex Smith could be Trent Green 3.0!

The only question is if we offer an extension to Romeo Crennel for winning playoff games with Matt Cassel AND Alex Smith.

"Balla ass GM" - April 2011

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2013, 08:27 AM
This is absolute hot garbage.

Hali hasn't lost a step, people. Christ. He whipped Jason Peters ass all day in Philly.

In any event, I don't really mind overpaying for a pass rusher. Especially since, worst case scenario, he becomes a valuable rotational guy once he slows down. Unlike Tackles, even if he starts, he still has lots of chances to play. And given that most of his college career and early NFL career, his success was due to his hustle and motor, I think he can keep going for a while even when he slows a little bit.

Brock
09-29-2013, 08:42 AM
What if fisher fucking sucks?

DeezNutz
09-29-2013, 08:45 AM
What if fisher ****ing sucks?

That would be very, very hurtful for the organization.

He sure looks like fucking shit so far; there's no question about that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 08:47 AM
This is hypocritical. So you are pissed that we drafted a Left Tackle, yet you want to sink $10M+ on a Left Tackle? I don't understand the logic. If the o-line is that unimportant, then the team should have no issue saving payroll and using the draft for our offensive fatties, not free agency. And no, I'm not saying use our first round picks... I'm talking about putting Fisher at Left Tackle, and using 2nd and 3rd round picks on the rest of our line.

We don't have 2nd round picks, and if they were to draft an entire line or even half of it in one draft; sweet Christ.

I've accepted it, yet hate it:

Alex will be here for 5 years, and our drafts will be used to build him a super-line and receiving corps. The receiver part I'm okay with. We'll dink and dunk our way to an AFCCG, and probably even win one. We'll lose a Super Bowl, but at least Lil' Chiefy can say, "AT LEAST WE WERE THERE HERP-HERP-HERP", and many on this board will call it a great success.

Bray will languish and probably get traded after moving up to the number 2. We'll take another prospect late in the draft, and repeat the process until the wheels fall off of Axl's jazzy scooter at a ripe ol' QB age.

Yay.

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2013, 08:49 AM
We don't have 2nd round picks, and if they were to draft an entire line or even half of it in one draft; sweet Christ.

I've accepted it, yet hate it:

Alex will be here for 5 years, and our drafts will be used to build him a super-line and receiving corps. The receiver part I'm okay with. We'll dink and dunk our way to an AFCCG, and probably even win one. We'll lose a Super Bowl, but at least Lil' Chiefy can say, "AT LEAST WE WERE THERE HERP-HERP-HERP", and many on this board will call it a great success.

Bray will languish and probably get traded after moving up to the number 2. We'll take another prospect late in the draft, and repeat the process until the wheels fall off of Axl's jazzy scooter at a ripe ol' QB age.

Yay.

So you've made the case that QBs are the end-all, be all, yet you can't understand why we may think about not wanting to pay a Left Tackle $10M+ per year?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 08:49 AM
What if fisher fucking sucks?

Unpossible.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 08:50 AM
So you've made the case that QBs are the end-all, be all, yet you can't understand why we may think about not wanting to pay a Left Tackle $10M+ per year?

The shelf-life of linemen is short, but who is going to step up and be the leader of this line?

notorious
09-29-2013, 08:52 AM

It was the safe pick.

There is no way he will suck.

/http://i.imgur.com/sktnWBc.gif

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2013, 08:56 AM
The shelf-life of linemen is short, but who is going to step up and be the leader of this line?

We have plenty of guys who are veterans. And it's not hard to stopgap a veteran linemen, or to find a steal in the draft. And if you use a 1.1, regardless of whether you like the pick or how well he's played to date, you better draft him with the understanding that he has to be the guy someday.

It's not like QB or a WR playmaker where you have to take your shots when you find them. I don't buy this idea that we have to buy off every single player who happens to play well for us. Right now, I'd rather our money get sunk into defense, a franchise QB, and some offensive playmakers.

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2013, 09:00 AM

Then the team moves on. I'm not really panicking if we have a Left Tackle who isn't as good as advertised, especially if we stockpile linemen in the draft or through smart moves on the practice squad or through veteran pickups. I wouldn't even be in a panic if you had to move Stephenson there as a short-term stopgap.

DeezNutz
09-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Then the team moves on. I'm not really panicking if we have a Left Tackle who isn't as good as advertised, especially if we stockpile linemen in the draft or through smart moves on the practice squad or through veteran pickups. I wouldn't even be in a panic if you had to move Stephenson there as a short-term stopgap.

He might play so poorly that it's not about "not as good as advertised" and about being, literally, incapable of holding down the position. Based on a very limited sample size, the latter is the only conclusion we can possibly draw at this time.

We're hopeful, obviously, that this changes.

And, to another thread, Smith was not "stellar" in the 4th quarter against Philly. He made one stellar throw and one stellar read. That's it. So calm down on the hyperbole, please.

chiefzilla1501
09-29-2013, 09:09 AM
He might play so poorly that it's not about "not as good as advertised" and about being, literally, incapable of holding down the position. Based on a very limited sample size, the latter is the only conclusion we can possibly draw at this time.

We're hopeful, obviously, that this changes.

And, to another thread, Smith was not "stellar" in the 4th quarter against Philly. He made one stellar throw and one stellar read. That's it. So calm down on the hyperbole, please.

Then you fish for some tackles in the draft (not the first round) and you consider Stephenson, who is shown to be more than capable as a stopgap.

I'm not worried at all about Fisher based on the small sample size. If you draft him at 1.1, you shouldn't be afraid to take a shot just because he's had a rough start. I don't mind extending Albert, but just as I don't like drafting O-linemen that high, I also don't want to reserve a shitload of our payroll on one either. The Alex Smith thing... I don't thread swerve, so I'll address it in the other thread.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:12 AM
It was the safe pick.

There is no way he will suck.

/http://i.imgur.com/sktnWBc.gif

Maverick and MacNiners high fivin?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Maverick and MacNiners high fivin?

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:14 AM
ROFL

I still think the guy with his arm's crossed is milk

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:22 AM

This.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:23 AM
This.

The guy with the cane is a true pimp ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2013, 09:28 AM
I imagine the guy with arms folded is named "Dale".

"Dale" is a hard-working man at the Claycomo Ford Factory. Dale has been a Chiefs fan since he was a kid in the 60's, and Dale is good and goddamned tired of watching the Chiefs retread QB after QB, putting bandages on bullet wounds.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-29-2013, 09:30 AM
I just can't take my eyes off the gif. It is still mesmerizing.

milkman
09-29-2013, 10:30 AM

If that were me, you'd be seeing me say, "you dumbass motherfuckers! What a fucking waste."

Dave Lane
09-29-2013, 10:40 AM
let albert walk so we can use another first round pick on the OL and sign a wr coming off a blown knee...

and then hand our OL over to two players who have shown jack and shit on the field...

but drafting a QB is risky....**** my life

Some days I hate being a Chiefs fan.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:44 AM
If that were me, you'd be seeing me say, "you dumbass mother****ers! What a ****ing waste."

I'm pretty sure that's what's running through his mind.

How were the appetizers at the Draft party Milk?

Eleazar
09-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Was it smart to draft a LT high in the 1st? Only if you know your current LT has one foot out the door.

I think Reid and Dorsey realized that and were already planning for next year.

Dave Lane
09-29-2013, 12:51 PM
If you are a retard this is an excellent strategy