PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NY Giants at Kansas City Chiefs: Big Blue promises the real Giants will show up...

T-post Tom
09-28-2013, 01:21 PM
INJURY REPORT

The Giants’ problems along the offensive line are compounded with C Kevin Baas (neck) and RG Chris Snee (hip) out, leaving Jim Cordle , James Brewer and Brandon Mosley to play the two guard positions with Kevin Boothe sliding into the center spot. OT David Diehl (thumb) could be back but he’s listed as doubtful. CB Corey Webster (hip) will miss the game and be replaced by Aaron Ross for the second straight week. For the Chiefs, OG Jeff Allen (groin) and TE Anthony Fasano (ankle/knee) are iffy at best.

KEY MATCHUP

C Kevin Booth vs. NT Dontari Poe

This is only the beginning of the Giants’ matchup headaches up front, with Justin Houston (7½ sacks) and Tamba Hali on the edges. But if the 6-foot-3, 346-pound Poe dominates with inside pressure as he has been doing all year, everything will cave in on Eli Manning in much the same way it happened in Charlotte last week. The Chiefs’ ‘D’ leads the league in sacks and is up there in turnovers; the Giants’ offense is among the league’s worst in those categories.

SCOUT SAYS

“Eli is pressing. Who wouldn’t? Between bad protection, bad hands by his receivers and bad luck, nothing has gone right for him. I haven’t seen him this out of sorts in quite some time. He just can’t seem to get control of the situation. (Chiefs defensive coordinator) Bob Sutton has a very good scheme. He can rush four and play man on the corners. And with Poe in the middle shielding (MLB) Derrick Johnson , the Chiefs can shut down the run. Head coach Andy Reid’s attack is much more balanced than it was in Philly. Smith gives him stability and Jamaal Charles is starting to come on. As usual in Andy’s offense, Charles is being used as a receiver more than he ever was before. Eric Fischer had had his struggles at right tackle.”

INTANGIBLES

The Giants have circled the wagons after last week’s embarrassing defeat and are talking like the Super Bowl champs of two years ago, promising that the “real Giants” will show up. But what if these are the real Giants? As Bill Parcells liked to say, you are what your record says you are. There are actually more signs of collapse than recovery. For instance, they say it’s nothing but it’s rare to hear any Giant complain the way Hakeem Nicks did after last week’s game. Meanwhile, Reid has brought a sense of professionalism and efficiency to K.C.; Arrowhead Stadium should be rocking like the old days with the Chiefs off to such a good start, and that will only make things more difficult for the Giants’ offensive line.

PREDICTION

CHIEFS, 27-14: Eli can’t beat anybody from his back. :D

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/playbook-giants-0-3-chiefs-3-0-article-1.1470485#ixzz2gDVPfqWI

Halfcan
09-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Big Blue and have talked a lot of smack for an 0-3 team that was destroyed last wek by an average team-lol

I hope the Chiefs give them an Epic beat down!!

Bowser
09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
The Giants are a dangerous team. If, IF Eli's line can hold off the blitz and give him that extra second to set up and throw, it could be a long day. Flowers is dinged up and Victor Cruz is the real deal.

This is going to be a tough game. I can see a field goal deciding it.

Rausch
09-28-2013, 01:29 PM
NOM NOM NOM'S...

Halfcan
09-28-2013, 01:31 PM
The Giants are a dangerous team. If, IF Eli's line can hold off the blitz and give him that extra second to set up and throw, it could be a long day. Flowers is dinged up and Victor Cruz is the real deal.

I dont think we will have to blitz much to get pressure with that patchwork rookie line they will be playing. Hopefully the crowd will get us a few false Starts to help out and Eli will continue to cough it up at a record rate.

Great teams keep Bad teams loseing!

keg in kc
09-28-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking there's a better than even chance we've seen the real giants already.

I don't think, however, we've seen the real Chiefs yet.

BlackHelicopters
09-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Great teams keep Bad teams loseing!

This.

CanadianChiefs
09-28-2013, 01:34 PM
We will win this game, but it will not be a blowout because no matter if our defense plays perfectly, our offence will need to score points, and I don't see that happening frequently enough this game.

20-10 chiefs

siberian khatru
09-28-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't know if our offense can blow anybody out, so I'll say 24-13 Chiefs.

philfree
09-28-2013, 01:41 PM

We won't have to blitz to get to Eli though. To me the X factor in this game will be the Giants D vs our O. If their D can force some TOs hold us to FGs they have a chance. Besides that this looks like it could be what I call an Arrowhead Special. The D blows up and chops out some sack fumbles and gets a pick and then the crowd goes wild as the D dominates. Then the offense can't help but to get into the act and makes a couple huge plays too. Then there's a party going on and the music plays "We're gonna beat the hell outta you, you, you, you, you, you!

Rausch
09-28-2013, 01:50 PM
We will win this game, but it will not be a blowout because no matter if our defense plays perfectly, our offence will need to score points, and I don't see that happening frequently enough this game.

20-10 chiefs

Even if that happens that has to make denver squirt a little...

MMXcalibur
09-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Chiefs 24, Giants 3

Yeah, I like our defense.

Imon Yourside
09-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Chiefs will Thrash the Giants, 29-3.

Simply Red
09-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Big Blue and have talked a lot of smack for an 0-3 team that was destroyed last wek by an average team-lol

I hope the Chiefs give them an Epic beat down!!

yes.

philfree
09-28-2013, 02:03 PM
If we can sack Vick 6 times last week then we should able to sack Eli a dozen times. I want to send him to the bench with a bloody nose and a headache along with a note that says we're coming for you too big brother!

Rausch
09-28-2013, 02:07 PM
If we can sack Vick 6 times last week then we should able to sack Eli a dozen times. I want to send him to the bench with a bloody nose and a headache along with a note that says we're coming for you too big brother!

"Send...more...paramedics..."

http://directorcameron.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/world-war-hulk.jpg

trndobrd
09-28-2013, 02:22 PM
I believe the "Real Giants" will show up. But the Chiefs are the better team, both in personnel and record. This game will show us if KC is a team that can bring their lunch pail and take care of business at home against an inferior team.

KC 24 - NYG 17

Rausch
09-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I believe the "Real Giants" will show up.

Yes, they will.

Berry, DJ, Houston, Poe, etc.

InChiefsHeaven
09-28-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm gonna be there and I can't fucking wait! We are gonna be loud as hell!

Oh Snap
09-28-2013, 02:42 PM
I think the Chiefs fly under the radar of a lot of teams, even still. It used to be that you could circle a win in KC without even playing the game. Now, things are different, and this defense is nasty. Something tells me they still look at the Chiefs from the former perspective. If the Giants come in with this mentality; that they will beat this team because this team has been historically bad over the years...they will leave with a newfound level of respect for the Chiefs.

However, when the game starts, they will see this team in a different light. Especially this defense. This defense doesn't just make good plays, they PHYSICALLY DOMINATE YOU! With all the injuries to the Giants OL, I have a feeling it is going to be a LONGGGGGG day for Eli and Company.

notorious
09-28-2013, 02:50 PM
They sure are talking a lot for being Giants.

I thought they took care of business and let the Jets talk.

Halfcan
09-28-2013, 03:20 PM

ROFL

philfree
09-28-2013, 03:25 PM
ROFL

It's been so long since I've felt this kind of excitement. Luv me some bad ass defense.

Mav
09-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Bill Parcells, one of the best coaches in NYG football history made this quote.

"You are what your record says you are."

The real Giants will show up tomorrow. They are 0-3, and look awful, and pathetic. They got beat down by 38 points to a team the week before that got beat at the buzzer by a rookie qb in Buffalo.

They weren't a playoff team last year, they look even worse this year.

No one doubts who the REAL GIANTS are......

Bwana
09-28-2013, 04:26 PM
We will win this one. Manning is in for a long day.

Easy 6
09-28-2013, 06:24 PM
This somehow makes me feel a lot better, they're still slapdashing O linemen around like drywall mud, against this defense, at home?

Go do this, my defense... and let the offense haters gnash once again at the perceived ineptitude.

:arrow:

milkman
09-28-2013, 06:28 PM
If the Chiefs can not begin to find some offensive consistency, this game will be far tougherthan some think.

Mav
09-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Wait.....This article was written by a NY NEWSPAPER?

How in the HELL did a tool from the paper write this and get away with it?

C Kevin Baas

Its DAVID BAAS you turds.........

philfree
09-28-2013, 06:33 PM
If the Chiefs can not begin to find some offensive consistency, this game will be far tougherthan some think.

I agree. The key for the Giants is to hold us to FGs and then get us to turn the ball over. If we find some offensive consistency that won't happen.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Welp, looks like the real Giants showed up

Mav
09-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Bill Parcells, one of the best coaches in NYG football history made this quote.

"You are what your record says you are."

The real Giants will show up tomorrow. They are 0-3, and look awful, and pathetic. They got beat down by 38 points to a team the week before that got beat at the buzzer by a rookie qb in Buffalo.

They weren't a playoff team last year, they look even worse this year.

No one doubts who the REAL GIANTS are......

/\/\/\

Saw the real giants today