PDA

View Full Version : Poop Why do I keep buying ribeyes when ...

Pages : [1] 2

Silock
09-28-2013, 10:22 PM
the KC Strip is simply a better tasting cut of meat?

I mean, I'm still going to eat them, but the strip is just better every single time I make it.

Cannibal
09-28-2013, 10:25 PM
I prefer ribeye.

ghak99
09-28-2013, 10:28 PM
I've never really understood the love for the Ribeye.

Pablo
09-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I've never really understood the love for the Ribeye.Marbling makes a fatty, delicious piece of meat.

It deserves the love.

Ribeye for me.

Demonpenz
09-28-2013, 10:31 PM
I've eaten pizza rolls as my last 8 meals

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Agreed. I find the ribeye to be incredibly overrated.

Valiant
09-28-2013, 10:36 PM
why not a mignon?

TimBone
09-28-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm a ribeye guy. Admittedly though, I have little experience with the KC Strip. I'll have to try it.

l4z4rd
why not a mignon?

Filet is overrated. Rather a nice marbled ribeye.

threebag
Fillet>porterhouse>ribeye>t-bone>strip>beef jerky

Silock
09-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Marbling makes a fatty, delicious piece of meat.

It deserves the love.

Ribeye for me.

There is plenty of fat on a good strip steak.

Silock
09-28-2013, 10:43 PM
why not a mignon?

Because it sucks. It has no fat whatsoever, is incredibly easy to overcook, and doesn't really have a ton of flavor. That's why you commonly see them wrapped in bacon.

The only thing it's got going for it is the tenderness. I don't give a shit about that. That's why I have teeth. If I wanted to gum a steak, I might get a mignon.

Psyko Tek
09-28-2013, 10:44 PM
K wtf is a KC strip?
I love me a good slow grilled rib eye
I grew up in Nebraska, my dad was a butcher
I have never seen a KC strip anywhere in a meat case or on a cutting diagram

so please tell me what a KC strip is...
is it just a new york strip renamed regionally?

Molitoth
09-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Because it sucks. It has no fat whatsoever, is incredibly easy to overcook, and doesn't really have a ton of flavor. That's why you commonly see them wrapped in bacon.

The only thing it's got going for it is the tenderness. I don't give a shit about that. That's why I have teeth. If I wanted to gum a steak, I might get a mignon.

ROFL

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 10:59 PM
K wtf is a KC strip?

Huh? Pretty sure your dad would know what a KC Strip is. It's basically the same as a NY Strip. The most common difference I have heard is that it has an extra bit of meat on it that curves around with the thin strip of fat and the NY Strip does not.

And to be exact, the NY Strip is likely the one that was renamed not the other way around.

demonhero
nyc strip with the bone ON = kc strip

LoneWolf

Just no.

threebag
09-28-2013, 11:00 PM
K wtf is a KC strip?

Yes

AustinChief
09-28-2013, 11:00 PM
nyc strip with the bone ON = kc strip

That's generally true (partial bone on) but it certainly isn't a hard and fast rule at all. Seen plenty of KC Strips with no bone.

Dayze
09-28-2013, 11:01 PM
rib eye. nothing beats the 'candy' edge of goodness that I save for the very end.

Ribeyes......then everything else.

Dayze
09-28-2013, 11:02 PM

this man is wise. and most likely has a 10" wiener

ghak99
09-28-2013, 11:08 PM

It deserves the love.

Ribeye for me.

Do you know how I know you buy your steaks off the shelf?

In58men
09-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Top sirloin for me.

SLAG
09-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Top sirloin for me.

http://images.wikia.com/athfwiki/images/9/9b/Super_Sir_Loin.JPG

Silock
09-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Just no.

Okay, so I exaggerated when I said it has NO flavor. But it still pales in comparison on its own merits when compared with other cuts.

It's simply not worth the price.

ghak99
09-28-2013, 11:33 PM
K wtf is a KC strip?

:shake:

The stock yards were here, not there. The egotistical fucks didn't think they could market a steak named after some dot on their map in their fancy restaurants. Eventually the bone was removed, steak quality be damned, because it was cheaper to ship it around the country without it. After a period of time their customers became sensitive to seeing a bone on their plate and even the best of the grill guys were forced to remove it.

I've never met a butcher, especially one from the Midwest, who didn't know what a KC Strip is.

Current markets are all over the place and customers really have no clue what they're looking at anyways so they call several cuts by various names, and even make some up as they go.

Saccopoo
09-28-2013, 11:34 PM
The NY Strip is a re-badge of the KC Strip.

In fact, once when I was in Vegas on business I won a bet on the correct name of the strip steak.

The waiter at Ruth's Chris correctly stated that the original nomenclature for the strip was the Kansas City Strip rather than the NY Strip.

The best named version of this particular cut of meat is the Playboy Strip from Jess & Jim's in Martin City, which is a 25 ounce cut that was featured in Playboy magazine as the best steak in America back in the day.

http://primecuts.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/beefdiagram2.jpg

Prison Bitch
09-28-2013, 11:49 PM
There's no such thing as a ny strip. They don't have cattle in NYC. That's like saying a spiked drink is a Lees Summitt Iced Tea. No dice.

ghak99
09-28-2013, 11:59 PM
In fact, once when I was in Vegas on business I won a bet on the correct name of the strip steak.

The waiter at Ruth's Chris correctly stated that the original nomenclature for the strip was the Kansas City Strip rather than the NY Strip.

What did it say on the menu?

There was a time when they referred to it as the New York strip because "it was a more cosmopolitan name". They were met with enough backlash from Midwestern customers they change it back to the KC Strip on the menus being sent to the majority of their locations. I haven't been in one for several years, but I'm pretty sure they're back to calling it a New York strip. :harumph:

Prison Bitch
09-29-2013, 12:07 AM
:shake:

The stock yards were here, not there. The egotistical ****s didn't think they could market a steak named after some dot on their map in their fancy restaurants. Eventually the bone was removed, steak quality be damned, because it was cheaper to ship it around the country without it. After a period of time their customers became sensitive to seeing a bone on their plate and even the best of the grill guys were forced to remove it.

I've never met a butcher, especially one from the Midwest, who didn't know what a KC Strip is.

Current markets are all over the place and customers really have no clue what they're looking at anyways so they call several cuts by various names, and even make some up as they go.

Back in the day Don Fortune recalled a story about the Jets visiting Arrowhead. The NY media was mingling pregame with local media and one asked "this looks a lot like te Meadowlands, did you copy the blueprint?"

Fortune replied that indeed the two stadiums used the same blueprint, and the same firm, but that Arrowhead was five years older. They didn't believe him

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 12:08 AM
What did it say on the menu?

There was a time when they referred to it as the New York strip because "it was a more cosmopolitan name". They were met with enough backlash from Midwestern customers they change it back to the KC Strip on the menus being sent to the majority of their locations. I haven't been in one for several years, but I'm pretty sure they're back to calling it a New York strip. :harumph:

It said NY. And that's when I told my distributor that it wasn't really a NY, but a KC strip. He said "Bullshit" so I bet him dinner plus whatever wine he/I wanted on it.

He asked the waiter what the real name of that cut of meat was called and the waiter, without hesitation, said "It's a Kansas City Strip."

It's hard to beat the pairing of a Latour and a decent steak.

(Though I can't even imagine eating steak now that I've switched to full vegan. Fucking meat is gross.)

MahiMike
09-29-2013, 12:16 AM
I prefer ribeye

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Lol No way is the Strip better than the Ribeye.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Top sirloin for me.

May as well just order a bologna sandwich.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 12:25 AM
It said NY. And that's when I told my distributor that it wasn't really a NY, but a KC strip. He said "Bullshit" so I bet him dinner plus whatever wine he/I wanted on it.

He asked the waiter what the real name of that cut of meat was called and the waiter, without hesitation, said "It's a Kansas City Strip."

It's hard to beat the pairing of a Latour and a decent steak.

(Though I can't even imagine eating steak now that I've switched to full vegan. Fucking meat is gross.)

Vegan?

Mancard revoked.

:)

ghak99
09-29-2013, 12:26 AM
May as well just order a bologna sandwich.

LMAO

I was going to try to flip some Florida shit at you until I read this. :toast:

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Lol No way is the Strip better than the Ribeye.

Yeah way.

Strip has much better depth of flavor due to the specific marbling and thickness of the cut of meat.

The only one that comes close to the strip is the Porterhouse due to the inclusion of the tenderloin in that specific cut.

People that shop at the meat counter at Costco think Ribeyes are the shit because they are featured. It's an easier cut to make by the butcher, especially in fast/mass production and has consistency in terms of the marbling regardless of the type of steer it came from.

However, a properly cut Strip is most definitely superior to a ribeye cut, especially on a better grade of beef.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 12:30 AM
I'd never turn down a strip, but I'll always choose a ribeye over it. Just more flavor and more tender.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 12:32 AM
LMAO

I was going to try to flip some Florida shit at you until I read this. :toast:

Feel free. :)

I was born in Kansas and grew up around there and KC area.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Vegan?

Mancard revoked.

:)

When you die of a heart attack while in the process of letting cancer ravage your body, you'll still be happy to have in your possession that man card.

And, in actuality, it really doesn't have to be about the increased cancer rates and shit like that.

It really should be about the single most precious natural resource on the planet - clean water.

It takes approximately 2,500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. That's ten fucking tons. Think about that the next time you have a steak. Ten fucking tons of water for one pound of beef.

But yet, it takes one gallon of water to produce one pound of cricket protein.

Global sustainability. With 7,000,000,000 people on the planet, it's downright selfish and morally corrupt to be eating a food source that requires ten fucking tons of water to produce one pound of food.

http://topnews.in/health/files/Insect-food-stall.JPG
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fpg7hkIpojI/TWbOhWtCpZI/AAAAAAAAAMA/-g8UAatEypA/s1600/John+S+Dykes.jpg
http://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/chapul.jpg?w=300

http://chapul.com/

Psyko Tek
09-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Huh? Pretty sure your dad would know what a KC Strip is. It's basically the same as a NY Strip. The most common difference I have heard is that it has an extra bit of meat on it that curves around with the thin strip of fat and the NY Strip does not.

And to be exact, the NY Strip is likely the one that was renamed not the other way around.

I couldn't find that out, evidently I can't search as well as I thought

so it's the same cut
yeah ribeyes kick it's ass

Miles
09-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Never understood the praise for ribeyes. Just too much fat and it doesn't seem to add to the flavor. Plus when eating one it's annoying to have to carve off all the fat while not wasting any of the good parts.

Miles
09-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Also I have seen some eating a ribeye and when they are done their plate is clean. WTF how do they eat the huge pieces of fat on one of those?

ghak99
09-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Global sustainability. With 7,000,000,000 people on the planet, it's downright selfish and morally corrupt to be eating a food source that requires ten fucking tons of water to produce one pound of food.

HIV just died so it's Krokodil and Hornets for the win.

AustinChief
09-29-2013, 12:57 AM

Here is the problem. You don't FUCK the meat before eating it... cuz you're right, that would be gross.

Silock
09-29-2013, 12:57 AM
When you die of a heart attack while in the process of letting cancer ravage your body, you'll still be happy to have in your possession that man card.

And, in actuality, it really doesn't have to be about the increased cancer rates and shit like that.

It really should be about the single most precious natural resource on the planet - clean water.

It takes approximately 2,500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. That's ten fucking tons. Think about that the next time you have a steak. Ten fucking tons of water for one pound of beef.

Survival of the fittest. I can afford it.

Also, you can't grill up cricket protein and make it taste amazing.

38yrsfan
09-29-2013, 01:10 AM
So many opinions about the right meat when it really doesn't matter what you start with but what you do with it. Just ask any woman (or whatever for you Bronco fans ).

tonyetony
09-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Also I have seen some eating a ribeye and when they are done their plate is clean. WTF how do they eat the huge pieces of fat on one of those?

It's real easy. You strategically cut your steak so a lot of the pieces have a little bit of that super tasty mouth watering fat attached, love it. When you find some of the fat that has a little crispy charring around the edges you simply put it in your mouth and savor it.

You can't eat like that everyday and maintain healthy cholesterol levels but most human bodies can handle it just fine a few times a month.

BryanBusby
09-29-2013, 01:23 AM

That's okay, I'll go ahead and accept a shorter lifespan knowing I actually enjoyed it.

Oh no, I'll miss out on the years where I shit in a diaper as an old man : ((((

crazycoffey
09-29-2013, 01:43 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fpg7hkIpojI/TWbOhWtCpZI/AAAAAAAAAMA/-g8UAatEypA/s1600/John+S+Dykes.jpg

Words fail me.....

crazycoffey
09-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Ribeye fat grilled right is like bacon. Filet is an extreme opposite; less fat. Both are great cuts and very enjoyable but reliant on perpetration and cooking. Same thing with a strip. Btw anyone choosing a T-bone over a filet or strip is an idiot

Baby Lee
09-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Words fail me.....

Reminds me of the resident grousing greenie back in college.

The dorm showers were

1) communal
2) non-heated

And he would grouse fortnightly about people taking too long showers and 'wasting' water. I was like 'wasting how?' Rocketing it to Mars? Burying it in a barrel? Retaining it through a high sodium diet?

Water is an incredibly durable molecule. Our petty needs might dirty it up for a while, but we have myriad ways to return it to purity, and the earth has exponentially more to do so on it's own. So what if a portion of water is bound up in cow shit for a moment or two? The sun will hit that patty, evaporation will occur, it will rain down somewhere else, circle of life.

Baby Lee
09-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Ribeye fat grilled right is like bacon. Filet is an extreme opposite; less fat. Both are great cuts and very enjoyable but reliant on perpetration and cooking. Same thing with a strip. Btw anyone choosing a T-bone over a filet or strip is an idiot

Though that little nubbin of fat in the apex of the T is, like, the best single thing on the cow.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 03:06 AM

Oh well. :)

My dad is 73 and has enjoyed meat his entire life. He's quite healthy. :)

Fishpicker
09-29-2013, 03:12 AM
tri-tip cooked just a bit past well done.

just kidding

I like to eat snow geese. it tastes like steak with butter on it. plus I have to chew it for a while so I can savor it for twice as long. it really sticks to the ribs

vailpass
09-29-2013, 03:14 AM
Though that little nubbin of fat in the apex of the T is, like, the best single thing on the cow.

I was thinking that but didn't know how to say it. Well put.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 05:57 AM
For me, ribeye. But I won't turn down a strip. It basically comes down to what's on sale when I decide to do steak unless I'm splurging on something nice (like hitting the prime rack at the butcher). For instance, t-bones were $5.99 last night, and they really were more like porterhouses (the filet portion was ginormous).

As for filet, they are very lean and very tender, but that comes at a cost. To be that lean and tender, they get very little work, which in the end means very little flavor on its own - one of the reasons why restaurant preparations almost always pair a filet with some kind of sauce.

wazu
09-29-2013, 07:18 AM
For me, ribeye. But I won't turn down a strip. It basically comes down to what's on sale when I decide to do steak unless I'm splurging on something nice (like hitting the prime rack at the butcher). For instance, t-bones were $5.99 last night, and they really were more like porterhouses (the filet portion was ginormous).

As for filet, they are very lean and very tender, but that comes at a cost. To be that lean and tender, they get very little work, which in the end means very little flavor on its own - one of the reasons why restaurant preparations almost always pair a filet with some kind of sauce.

Agreed. Grand Street Cafe in KC makes a filet that is amazing, largely because of the sauce.

threebag
09-29-2013, 07:25 AM
always pair a filet with some kind of sauce.

Succopoo prefers man sauce

threebag
09-29-2013, 07:27 AM

just kidding

I like to eat snow geese. it tastes like steak with butter on it. plus I have to chew it for a while so I can savor it for twice as long. it really sticks to the ribs

Tri-Tip is a nice cut for great textured beef jerky. A little pricey but very nice.

Stewie
09-29-2013, 07:31 AM

just kidding

That's just selfish. Do you know how many tons of water it takes to float all those geese?

Chief Roundup
09-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Strip is the best steak beyond the shadow of a doubt. Filets suck. No flavor and horribly overpriced.
Go ahead and eat your cricket and I will eat my beef.
I don't believe your numbers on the water or the numbers are being misrepresented to fit an agenda. Which is the most probable answer.

Simply Red
09-29-2013, 07:47 AM
It's an awkward layout of flesh, I'm like you, I'd like a solid 'no nonsense' cutlet. Strips are really good - just remember your basics when grilling. And resting a steak has never been more necessary while preparing the strip steak.

Simply Red
09-29-2013, 07:49 AM

Please explain further...

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 07:50 AM
It's an awkward layout of flesh, I'm like you, I'd like a solid 'no nonsense' cutlet. Strips are really good - just remember your basics when grilling. And resting a steak has never been more necessary while preparing the strip steak.

But that band of steak at the top of the ribeye... omnomnom.

Simply Red
09-29-2013, 07:54 AM

yes.

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2013, 08:48 AM

This

Pablo
09-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Odds are that Saccopoo eats a shotgun shell before any of us die from red meat.

What an insufferable prick that guy is.

Coogs
09-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Prime, Choice, of Select?

When buying your steak, this is probably the biggest key to how good your steak is going to be. As far as which one is better... that is a tough call. Can't really go wrong with either one.

Here is a link that explains and shows the difference between the Prime, Choice, and Select cuts of meat.

http://www.primesteakhouses.com/how-usda-grades-beef.html

whoman69
09-29-2013, 09:07 AM

It takes approximately 2,500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. That's ten ****ing tons. Think about that the next time you have a steak. Ten ****ing tons of water for one pound of beef.

I really have to question the veracity of your data. The average cow yields 568 lbs of beef. That is 1,420,000 gallons of water for each cow. That is $2130 spent on each cow. It wouldn't be economically feasible.

Coogs
09-29-2013, 09:14 AM
I really have to question the veracity of your data. The average cow yields 568 lbs of beef. That is 1,420,000 gallons of water for each cow. That is $2130 spent on each cow. It wouldn't be economically feasible.

So you are saying you don't think a 2 year old steer that is going to market can average drinking 2,000 gallons of water a day?

GloryDayz
09-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I've never regretted a ribeye. EVER. I'm sure I could fuck it up, but so far I've always made sure I have those 15 minutes set aside to make it perfect...

And that's saying something.... I've had sex that lasted less than five minutes that I've fucked up due to inattention and my mind wondering!

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 09:39 AM
I've never regretted a ribeye. EVER. I'm sure I could fuck it up, but so far I've always made sure I have those 15 minutes set aside to make it perfect...

And that's saying something.... I've had sex that lasted less than five minutes that I've fucked up due to inattention and my mind wondering!

I bought a grass-fed ribeye years ago at a farmer's market that tasted like someone rubbed my steak in a field... Mrs. FMB! and I ate out that night after cooking dinner.

Never again. Gimme grain-fed cows.

GloryDayz
09-29-2013, 09:40 AM
I bought a grass-fed ribeye years ago at a farmer's market that tasted like someone rubbed my steak in a field... Mrs. FMB! and I ate out that night after cooking dinner.

I'll make sure I don't make that mistake....

Baby Lee
09-29-2013, 09:47 AM

So you are saying you don't think a 2 year old steer that is going to market can average drinking 2,000 gallons of water a day?

When you dig deep into BS figures like this, you kind out they count things like the steam in the turbine that provides electricity to the cattle feed processing plant.

Pablo
09-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Never trust a man that doesn't enjoy red meat, booze, or sex with women.

I'm pretty sure he swore off all three in a separate thread. Although, I'd have to think without red meat and women, he'd at least enjoy a drink from time to time.

Maybe not. Guy just gets his rocks off watching Mormon football. Although I doubt he touches himself while watching Chuckie Keaton. Self discipline and all.

penguinz
09-29-2013, 10:03 AM

It takes approximately 2,500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. That's ten ****ing tons. Think about that the next time you have a steak. Ten ****ing tons of water for one pound of beef.

Global sustainability. With 7,000,000,000 people on the planet, it's downright selfish and morally corrupt to be eating a food source that requires ten ****ing tons of water to produce one pound of food.

http://chapul.com/You should stop drinking water as well because you consume a ton or so of it every year.

Also, if you are eating crickets you aren't vegan.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:11 AM

Exactly. It's why the vast majority of the rest of the world doesn't consume beef. But your thought process comes about from your societal immersion in the land of milk and honey, where four door dualie pickup trucks and aircraft carriers are the accepted norm. Who gives a flying fuck if we are sucking up all the worlds fresh water? We got mother fucking hamburgers, yo!

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/environment.html
Meat production requires so much water it's hard to comprehend. As the chart shows, a pound of potatoes takes 99.6% less water to produce than a pound of beef, and 97% less than a pound of chicken.

Earlier we said that going meatless makes a bigger impact than any other action you can take. Here's an example: If you gave up showering, you'd save less water than what's required to make a single pound of beef. Not beef for a whole year, just one miserable pound. A whole year's worth of showers takes about 5,200 gallons, but it takes 5,214 gallons to produce a single pound of beef.

http://www.waterfootprint.org/?page=files/productgallery&product=beef
The global water footprint of beef production in the period 1996-2005 was about 800 billion m3/yr, which was one third of the total water footprint of animal production in the world (all farm animals) (Mekonnen and Hoekstra, 2010, 2012).

http://www.gracelinks.org/blog/1143/beef-the-king-of-the-big-water-footprints
When a Prince talks farming, you listen. This is nothing new for the GRACE food program folks, but as the "water guy," that’s all I could think about shortly after reading Chris Hunt’s roundup (or "knowledge dump") of the speakers and themes from May’s Future of Food conference. The "Prince" in question is sadly not his Purple Majesty but rather, Charles, the Prince of Wales, who issued a stern warning –and in the process stirred up a long simmering debate among Americans – that resonated with me because of its virtual water conservation message: Beef production and consumption are water intensive and a drain on our world water supplies.

According to His Royal Highness:

In a country like the United States, a fifth of all your grain production is dependent upon irrigation. For every pound of beef produced in the industrial system, it takes two thousand gallons of water. That is a lot of water and there is plenty of evidence that the Earth cannot keep up with the demand.

Quite resounding, old chap! While it’s a well-established fact that meat production requires more water than fruits, vegetables or grains, an average water footprint of 2,000 gallons per pound of beef is enormous indeed. You might be wondering how the water footprint of meat – using Prince Charles’s statistic – compares to the water footprints of other agricultural products

Water required to produce one pound (1 lb.) of:
•Pork = 576 gallons of water
•Chicken = 468 gallons of water
•Soybeans = 206 gallons of water
•Wheat = 138 gallons of water
•Corn = 108 gallons of water

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:14 AM
You should stop drinking water as well because you consume a ton or so of it every year.

Also, if you are eating crickets you aren't vegan.

I don't eat crickets.

I was simply trying to provide an alternative to the rest of you un-enlightened, moralistic proletariats.

Silock
09-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't eat crickets.

I was simply trying to provide an alternative to the rest of you un-enlightened, moralistic proletariats.

Your alternative sucks.

Also, you're a hypocrit.

DeezNutz
09-29-2013, 10:19 AM
We got mother ****ing hamburgers, yo!

Thank you. That does sound good. Just took some beef out of the freezer. Incorporate a little cherry wood and a high-quality bun...and money.

Simply Red
09-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Thank you. That does sound good. Just took some beef out of the freezer. Incorporate a little cherry wood and a high-quality bun...and money.

I agree DeezNutz. I like a little hardwood accent in a burger. Really helps the cause.

Pablo
09-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Thank you. That does sound good. Just took some beef out of the freezer. Incorporate a little cherry wood and a high-quality bun...and money.Spend a couple of minutes weeping for the world's water supply as you're cooking that bad boy.

DeezNutz
09-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Spend a couple of minutes weeping for the world's water supply as you're cooking that bad boy.

I'll try to squeeze some of the excess water into my bourbon, just so it doesn't go to waste, and that's a fucking sacrifice; I hate tainting perfectly good liquor.

BlackHelicopters
09-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Blueberry pop tarts taste good.

Pablo
09-29-2013, 10:27 AM
I'll try to squeeze some of the excess water into my bourbon, just so it doesn't go to waste, and that's a fucking sacrifice; I hate tainting perfectly good liquor.The things you do for the good of our planet and mankind, Deez.

I'm giving you a standing ovation. I had a good cry this morning when I woke up and found the woman was making a roast today. Such senseless indulgence in beef products always gets me right in the feels.

Simply Red
09-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Blueberry pop tarts taste good.

try the organic toaster pastries from Whole Foods. They'll arouse you.

Baby Lee
09-29-2013, 10:29 AM
The things you do for the good of our planet and mankind, Deez.

I'm giving you a standing ovation. I had a good cry this morning when I woke up and found the woman was making a roast today. Such senseless indulgence in beef products always gets me right in the feels.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you shed those tears over a rainwater reclamation barrel.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:29 AM

Just trying to help:

Switching cows from grass to grain puts more money in the beef industry’s pockets and cheaper meat on the supermarket shelves. But at what price? The stomachs of cows are naturally pH neutral. A corn-based diet, however, creates an acidic environment that contributes to a host of health problems. Corn-fed cattle are prone to serious health conditions such as bloat, diarrhea, ulcers, liver disease, and a weakened immune system. To combat these health problems, cattle are continually fed antibiotics, which leads to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria that increasingly render modern medicine ineffective.

Aside from posing the danger of E. coli, corn-fed beef contains far fewer nutrients than grass-fed beef. Prevention reports that a recent study by the USDA and researchers from Clemson University found grass-fed beef to be significantly higher in calcium, magnesium, beta-carotene, and potassium than corn-fed beef. In addition:
◾Meat from grass-fed cattle is lower in both overall fat and artery-clogging saturated fat.
◾Grass-fed meat is higher in healthy omega-3 fats. Meat from feedlot animals has been found to contain only 15-50 percent as much omega-3s as meat from grass-fed cattle.
◾Meat from grass-fed livestock is four times higher in vitamin E.
◾Grass-fed meat is higher in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a nutrient associated with lower cancer risk.

Pablo
09-29-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm just going to go ahead and assume you shed those tears over a rainwater reclamation barrel.Of course.

BlackHelicopters
09-29-2013, 10:32 AM
try the organic toaster pastries from Whole Foods. They'll arouse you.

Arousal. Nice .

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:33 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dygaAnK61qhn3smo1_1280.gif

Pablo
09-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah, you're doing a fantastic job at swaying opinions here Sac.

After this you should venture into DC and change everyone's mind there as well.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah, you're doing a fantastic job at swaying opinions here Sac.

After this you should venture into DC and change everyone's mind there as well.

I prefer to stay out of politics. Political topics tend to create a dysfunctional, myopic and agitated frame of discourse.

R8RFAN
09-29-2013, 10:39 AM
ribeye over any strip steak any day of the week

Coogs
09-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Exactly. It's why the vast majority of the rest of the world doesn't consume beef. But your thought process comes about from your societal immersion in the land of milk and honey, where four door dualie pickup trucks and aircraft carriers are the accepted norm. Who gives a flying fuck if we are sucking up all the worlds fresh water? We got mother fucking hamburgers, yo!

Sac,

I'm guessing we are talking corn fed beef, and how much water it takes to raise corn vs how many pounds of corn a cow has to eat before said cow is ready for market.

Most all of that water comes in the form of rain, and soaks right into the ground anyway, so it is not like our fresh water supply is being wasted at your rate stated for every single pound of beef produced.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Sac,

I'm guessing we are talking corn fed beef, and how much water it takes to raise corn vs how many pounds of corn a cow has to eat before said cow is ready for market.

Most all of that water comes in the form of rain, and soaks right into the ground anyway, so it is not like our fresh water supply is being wasted at your rate stated for every single pound of beef produced.

Oglallala aquifer. Cattle industry. Bad combination.

Everywhere you look today, particularly in the western United States, people are seeking to conserve water. You see people washing their cars less often. People are installing low-flow showerheads and sink fixtures and low-flow toilets. You see people using drought-resistant landscaping. The vigilant turn off the water at the sink when brushing their teeth, except to rinse the brush, and when shaving, except to rinse the blade.
These measures are prudent and helpful, but all of them combined don't save anywhere near the amount of water you would save by shifting toward a plant-based diet.

The great Ogallala aquifer is the largest body of fresh water on Earth, and it lies underneath some of the richest farmland in the world -- the great American grain belt. But things are changing. The Ogallala is a fossil aquifer, which means the water in it is left from the melted glaciers of the last Ice Age. It's not like a reservoir or river, which are replenished regularly from rainfuall. When the water in the aquifer is gone, it's gone.

More than 13 trillion gallons of water are taken from the aquifer every year, with the vast majority used to produce beef. More water is withdrawn from the Ogallala aquifer every year for beef production than is used to grow all the fruits and vegetables in the entire country. If we continue pumping out the Ogallala at current rates, it's only a matter of time before most of the wells in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado, and New Mexico go dry, and portions of these states become scarcely habitable for human beings. This scenario is being predicted by many leading environmentalists.

Coogs
09-29-2013, 10:55 AM
I live in North Central Kansas. I am totally aware of this situation. Not all corn grown is directly linked to Ogallala. Just the irrigated corn fields.

There is a whole lot of dry land corn raised in the United States that doesn't affect Ogallala.

WhiteWhale
09-29-2013, 11:03 AM
I love how assholes on this forum are sanctimonious and hostile about food preferences as if there is some objective standard.

Just Passin' By
09-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Sac,

The whole gallon/pound argument used by the anti-meat crowd is based on misleading and manipulative data and claims, and they still can't agree on which made up number it is.

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 11:35 AM
I love how assholes on this forum are sanctimonious and hostile about food preferences as if there is some objective standard.

It's not about food preferences you insular, selfish prick, it's about long term global sustainability.

When your gaunt faced grandkids are standing in line for water rations while the world burns down around them, I hope that your soul feels their pain.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 11:40 AM
It's not about food preferences you insular, selfish prick, it's about long term global sustainability.

When your gaunt faced grandkids are standing in line for water rations while the world burns down around them, I hope that your soul feels their pain.

Jesus... vegans are worse than religious fanatics.

Pablo
09-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Jesus... vegans are worse than religious fanatics.I'm guessing Sac is both.

DeezNutz
09-29-2013, 11:59 AM

LMAO.

I hope I at least have the memory of this ridiculous burger that I'm going to grill this evening.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I almost never buy ribeyes anymore, theres a cut called chuckeye that's just as good for about half the price.

Brock
09-29-2013, 12:22 PM

ROFL good grief

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I almost never buy ribeyes anymore, theres a cut called chuckeye that's just as good for about half the price.

I like chuck eye, but it's nowhere near as tender.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 12:32 PM

Truth, but that's what marinades are for.

vailpass
09-29-2013, 12:32 PM

THAT'S IT. Calling the housekeeper over to cook fajitas. Carne asada, carnitas, and any other meat I can think of...

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Truth, but that's what marinades are for.

If you have to use a marinade, then by the very definition it's not "just as good" as ribeye.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 12:36 PM
If you have to use a marinade, then by the very definition it's not "just as good" as ribeye.

I hear you, but for the money its close enough for me.

MOhillbilly
09-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Ribeye is a better cut

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 02:16 PM
LMAO Epic meltdown.

Who knew SAC was a treehugger?

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Strip is the best steak beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Um, no.

Post a poll. Ribeye wins in a landslide.

Predarat
09-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Ribeye is good for marinading, KC Strip is best on its own as long as its from a Kansas Farm.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Ribeye is good for marinading, KC Strip is best on its own as long as its from a Kansas Farm.

MOST beef is not produced on farms.

Cargill
Tyson
National Beef

Those are your big 3. I know because I've been to just about all of their facilities from Friona, TX to Waterloo, IA.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 02:39 PM
And why the hell would you marinate a ribeye?

Crazy.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2013, 02:52 PM

If you marinate a ribeye, you should really stick with sirloins...

R8RFAN
09-29-2013, 02:56 PM

Thats referred to as "The Poor Mans Ribeye" I buy them all the time...:clap:

Silock
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Um, no.

Post a poll. Ribeye wins in a landslide.

Just because it may win a popularity contest doesn't make it better ;)

2bikemike
09-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Personally for me I don't have any favorites when it comes to steaks or Beef in general. I like it all. I am not one for adding sauces. I like to taste just the flavor of the beef.

We smoke up Tri Tip that is mouth watering good. We typically only buy Rib Eyes and Porterhouse when they are on sale. Even a Sirloin can be good when cooked properly.

The only beef we cook indoors is ground beef for spaghetti or tacos. All other beef is cooked outdoors on the grill or the smoker. Even Meat Loaf is cooked on the smoker.

As far as Vegetarians and Vegans go. It would absolutely suck to go through life forgoing the goodness of meat only to die in a car wreck or something.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 05:22 PM
If people are going to argue about the very best cut of steak, naming anything other than a bone-in cut like porterhouse or t-bone isn't a winner.

No matter what kind of meat you're talking about, bone-in is ALWAYS more flavorful and juicier.

GloryDayz
09-29-2013, 06:16 PM

Well it's a good thing there's a water cycle and the only water that left earth has left on space ships... So, even it was a trillion gallons, as long as there's a water cycles, keep the ribeyes coming...

And the added bonus.....I hear the polar caps are melting so that means more ribeyes.... woot!!!!!!!

DaFace
09-29-2013, 06:18 PM
ribeye over any strip steak any day of the week

Agree 100%. I understand that some people may have a preference for more pure "meat," but I love the extra flavoring that a good marbled ribeye has. Nothing beats it.

lewdog
09-29-2013, 06:18 PM

Thats referred to as "The Poor Mans Ribeye" I buy them all the time...:clap:

Chuckeye huh? Is that actually what it is called? If so, I haven't seen it.

I'd like something that's close to ribeye but more affordable.

And if I'm voting...ribeye over strip steak all day for me.

Brock
09-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Why buy a strip when you get a strip and more in a t bone?

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Just because it may win a popularity contest doesn't make it better ;)

This is really a silly argument.

I love strip steak, too. I just prefer ribeye. Maybe because it's more tender.

Actually, as far as beef is concerned, a nice smoked brisket kicks the shit out of a steak anyway. :)

Saccopoo
09-29-2013, 08:00 PM
This is really a silly argument.

I love strip steak, too. I just prefer ribeye. Maybe because it's more tender.

Actually, as far as beef is concerned, a nice smoked brisket kicks the shit out of a steak anyway. :)

I remember when they gave away a full brisket when you bought a pound of hamburger.

When the only people that will eat a particular cut of meat are the Irish, you know that piece of meat sucks.

GloryDayz
09-29-2013, 08:02 PM
I remember when they gave away a full brisket when you bought a pound of hamburger.

When the only people that will eat a particular cut of meat are the Irish, you know that piece of meat sucks.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

threebag
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Well it's a good thing there's a water cycle and the only water that left earth has left on space ships... So, even it was a trillion gallons, as long as there's a water cycles, keep the ribeyes coming...

And the added bonus.....I hear the polar caps are melting so that means more ribeyes.... woot!!!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9DBBpWepmEE/T5J9REq8KLI/AAAAAAAANx4/ocHTiOEAdD4/s320/half_ice_pirates_NZ01625_L.jpg

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2013, 05:14 AM

Try some burnt ends, you Pussy!

LMAO

BryanBusby
09-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Here are two life lessons for steaks:

1. Fuck hippies. I hope my grandkids enjoy sitting on line for water because steaks are good as hell YOLO
2. Never get the cheap ones. If you can't afford the good shit, put on a ski mask and earn them like a man.

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Try some burnt ends, you Pussy!

LMAO

He don't do no pussy, it's meat and he swore it off...

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Here are two life lessons for steaks:

1. Fuck hippies. I hope my grandkids enjoy sitting on line for water because steaks are good as hell YOLO
2. Never get the cheap ones. If you can't afford the good shit, put on a ski mask and earn them like a man.

ROFLROFLROFL Rep!

Frosty
09-30-2013, 10:28 AM

I prefer the strip side of a T-bone by far, so I would just rather buy the strip by itself. I don't care for the texture of the tenderloin side of a T-bone.

Easy 6
09-30-2013, 11:38 AM

Then chuckeye is the way to go, ask the meat guy at your grocer.

They tend to be smaller cuts than ribeye, but for the money they are very close in quality, my dad turned me onto them and i love'em.

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 12:54 PM

They tend to be smaller cuts than ribeye, but for the money they are very close in quality, my dad turned me onto them and i love'em.

I shall try this... I've used them as a poor-man's flank steak in the past, I'll just see what a tenderizer and some butter can do when I treat it like a steak..

Easy 6
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
I shall try this... I've used them as a poor-man's flank steak in the past, I'll just see what a tenderizer and some butter can do when I treat it like a steak..

If you cook'em right they don't need a tenderizer, but I do marinade them occasionally.

Rain Man
09-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Ribeyes are overrated. They're too fatty. A good filet mignon is the way to go, and I'd pick a strip over a ribeye as well.

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 01:01 PM
If you cook'em right they don't need a tenderizer, but I do marinade them occasionally.

I'm talking one of these tenderizers:

http://mermaidsofthelake.com/photos/July%20August%202013/Jaccard%20Meat%20Tenderizer.jpg

So no to this form of tenderizing?

When I do the Poor-Man's flank steak I don't use it, but I cut it on something like a 60-degree bias, and I use this for 20 minutes to marinade it (and it's pretty darn good):

http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/73482/73482_1000x1000.jpg

And goddam you... Now I'm hungry!!!

AustinChief
09-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Ribeyes are overrated. They're too fatty. A good filet mignon is the way to go, and I'd pick a strip over a ribeye as well.

Apparently we are in the "Jack Sprat" minority here. I'm with you on a filet or strip or go crazy and get a porterhouse.

Fire Me Boy!
09-30-2013, 01:07 PM

I do like chuck eye, but I just really disagree with you on the bolded. They're nowhere near the quality of a ribeye, IYAM. They're pretty good on flavor (they do need some help), but they're not tender at all.

I just don't want anyone to expect one thing and get something else... I do like the chuck eye cut, though. If I want steak and don't want to spend much money, I'll almost always buy a chuck eye.

Fire Me Boy!
09-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Apparently we are in the "Jack Sprat" minority here. I'm with you on a filet or strip or go crazy and get a porterhouse.

I'll not argue much with someone that prefers a strip steak, T-bone, or porterhouse. But filet just doesn't have much flavor. It needs a lot of help. It's very tender, yes. But it can't stand up on its own in flavor like ribeye or strips can. That's why filet is wrapped in bacon, covered in sauce, or used in a au poivre preparation (covered in cracked peppercorns AND sauce).

Easy 6
09-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm talking one of these tenderizers:

http://mermaidsofthelake.com/photos/July%20August%202013/Jaccard%20Meat%20Tenderizer.jpg

So no to this form of tenderizing?

I guess you can if you want, but I never use a manual tenderizer on steaks.

I have plenty of other chances to beat my meat :D

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2013, 01:19 PM
FAT IS FLAVOR

Rain Man
09-30-2013, 01:21 PM
I'll not argue much with someone that prefers a strip steak, T-bone, or porterhouse. But filet just doesn't have much flavor. It needs a lot of help. It's very tender, yes. But it can't stand up on its own in flavor like ribeye or strips can. That's why filet is wrapped in bacon, covered in sauce, or used in a au poivre preparation (covered in cracked peppercorns AND sauce).

I just hate to take a bite and get a mouthful of fat, or fat mixed with meat. It adds a lot of stress to my dining experience to not know what's in that next bite. The filet has plenty of flavor, in my opinion, and the fact that it supports such a broad array of accessory flavors like bacon or crab or whatever is only a plus. But one of its biggest advantages is that it brings consistency to my meal. I'm never going to take a bad bite of filet.

Fire Me Boy!
09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
I just hate to take a bite and get a mouthful of fat, or fat mixed with meat. It adds a lot of stress to my dining experience to not know what's in that next bite. The filet has plenty of flavor, in my opinion, and the fact that it supports such a broad array of accessory flavors like bacon or crab or whatever is only a plus. But one of its biggest advantages is that it brings consistency to my meal. I'm never going to take a bad bite of filet.

Do you eat with your eyes closed?

And for me, it's not that the filet "supports" those flavors... it's that it needs accessories to be standout.

Anyway, it's your steak. If you want to eat something that costs more and tastes worse, that's your prerogative. ;)

Being totally serious, I won't turn down a filet. There's just several other cuts I'd order before that, and a few other entrees entirely. But if that's what's offered, I'll be happy.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Filet isn't bad. When I want steak, I wanna taste beef.

Ribeye provides that.

Rain Man
09-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Do you eat with your eyes closed?

And for me, it's not that the filet "supports" those flavors... it's that it needs accessories to be standout.

Anyway, it's your steak. If you want to eat something that costs more and tastes worse, that's your prerogative. ;)

Being totally serious, I won't turn down a filet. There's just several other cuts I'd order before that, and a few other entrees entirely. But if that's what's offered, I'll be happy.

I can't be expected to inspect every bite. That's why the food production industry is for. I'm busy at the table buttering my potato and drinking my Pibb Extra and chatting and figuring out what I'm going to have for dessert. My meat entree shouldn't be requiring my attention other than cutting and chewing.

Fire Me Boy!
09-30-2013, 01:39 PM
I can't be expected to inspect every bite. That's why the food production industry is for. I'm busy at the table buttering my potato and drinking my Pibb Extra and chatting and figuring out what I'm going to have for dessert. My meat entree shouldn't be requiring my attention other than cutting and chewing.

I found the problem. Your taste buds are clearly ****ed.

vailpass
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM

:D

Baby Lee
09-30-2013, 02:45 PM

Hey! Not RM's fault!! Golden Corral has an exclusive contract.

R8RFAN
09-30-2013, 02:52 PM

And if I'm voting...ribeye over strip steak all day for me.

Chuck Eye Steaks

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/Chuck_steaks.jpg/450px-Chuck_steaks.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_steak

Usually Half the price of Ribeyes but damn near as tender

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Yeah, Chuckeye is pretty good.

Easy 6
09-30-2013, 04:09 PM
I do like chuck eye, but I just really disagree with you on the bolded. They're nowhere near the quality of a ribeye, IYAM. They're pretty good on flavor (they do need some help), but they're not tender at all.

I just don't want anyone to expect one thing and get something else... I do like the chuck eye cut, though. If I want steak and don't want to spend much money, I'll almost always buy a chuck eye.

Gahhh, you're such a purist... for almost half the price, chuckeye IS close to the same quality when you balance out cost vs tenderness/texture, cook them right and its close enough.

Look at the pic R8ers posted, thats nice marbling, almost indistinguishable from a ribeye... and damn, wish my grocer cut them like that, those are some fatties.

Dartgod
09-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Every time I read this thread title, I see it as "Why do I keep burning ribeyes when ..."

Rain Man
09-30-2013, 04:37 PM

No, no. Pibb Extra is the natural pairing with filet and other red meats. The fruity taste of the peppery drinks matches well with the dense flavor of the red meats.

In contrast, the classic coke and pepsi products are best with pork dishes and the occasional dense, strongly flavored fish such as mahi mahi. Lighter fish pairs well with Sierra Mists and Sprites.

ghak99
09-30-2013, 04:51 PM

ROFL

I quit drinking soda/pop about a year ago. Food tastes so much better after you quit flooding your system with that crap.

I did it a few years ago for about a year until a long period of traveling put me back on the stuff and after a few weeks I was back to using quite a bit more smoke, seasonings, and salt instead of being able to enjoy more of the natural flavor. If I could go ahead and quit the Gatorade this time around I think it would get even better.

R8RFAN
09-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Just keep in mind it's a chuck eye steak and not a chuck steak

Big Difference

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM

Can't help but think of Tommy Boy reading this thread.

Tommy: Hey, I’ll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn’t you rather to take his word for it?

Mr. Brady, Customer: What? I’m failing to make the connection here.

Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher’s ass… No, wait. It’s gotta be your bull.

Richard: Wow.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Well I tried the chuck eye cut last night, did nothing to if beyond the normal "Montreal Steak-in-Butter" that a grill all steaks with, and it was indeed awesome. Yes, there was a bit more fat to cut away, but it wasn't anything that 99% of humans on earth would notice as being different. I did a blind taste test with the neighbor, and he thought it was rib eye. He's an accountant and, well, "frugal" - so he's sold forever. I'll say this, next time I entertain a larger group this will be what I serve as long as I get to be selective on the individual steaks as I suspect as the cut gets farther from the rib cuts the marbling might change dramatically.

But on balance, it was AWESOME!!

mr. tegu
10-06-2013, 08:46 AM
If you want cheap ribeyes just buy rib roasts that will be going on sale for the holidays. You typically see those for $6 per pound and that is for choice meat so just buy that, cut your own steaks out, and freeze them.

buddha
10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
The strip is good, but it's dry.

A properly grilled ribeye is better every day of the week.

Still...I enjoy the variety afforded by a T-Bone.

R8RFAN
10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Well I tried the chuck eye cut last night, did nothing to if beyond the normal "Montreal Steak-in-Butter" that a grill all steaks with, and it was indeed awesome. Yes, there was a bit more fat to cut away, but it wasn't anything that 99% of humans on earth would notice as being different. I did a blind taste test with the neighbor, and he thought it was rib eye. He's an accountant and, well, "frugal" - so he's sold forever. I'll say this, next time I entertain a larger group this will be what I serve as long as I get to be selective on the individual steaks as I suspect as the cut gets farther from the rib cuts the marbling might change dramatically.

You just can't beat them for the price... :thumb:

ChiefsFanatic
10-06-2013, 09:31 AM

It deserves the love.

Ribeye for me.

Truth

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Truth

Try the chuck eye, it's that too. When I compared it to the rib eye, it looked the same...

vailpass
10-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Try the chuck eye, it's that too. When I compared it to the rib eye, it looked the same...

If they are the same why is one less expensive? Honest question.

R8RFAN
10-06-2013, 10:04 AM

I think the Chuckeye is ciut from the rib area that is just before where the ribeye is cut..

It is not the same as a ribeye, a ribeye is a superior cut at a superior price but if you cut a quality bite from a chuck eye and cut a bite from a ribeye, you won't be able to tell the difference...

The ribeye is a prettier steak and marbled in the right places, a Chuckeye has more fat and tends to fall apart more on the grill as opposed to a ribeye that stays as one solid piece of steak...

vailpass
10-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I think the Chuckeye is ciut from the rib area that is just before where the ribeye is cut..

It is not the same as a ribeye, a ribeye is a superior cut at a superior price but if you cut a quality bite from a chuck eye and cut a bite from a ribeye, you won't be able to tell the difference...

The ribeye is a prettier steak and marbled in the right places, a Chuckeye has more fat and tends to fall apart more on the grill as opposed to a ribeye that stays as one solid piece of steak...

Thanks. From the picture they look good...

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 10:34 AM

I had/have the same question too... I'm not sure about the economics of the deal, but I've been known to be pretty critical of meat and I know that certain cows taste better than others. In this case, perhaps, I got a great cow but I doubt it.

Perhaps those dotted-line charts/boarders on cow drawings aren't as important as those on maps of earth (in many ways). So maybe what I got was a rib eye but labeled a chuck eye because the guy drawing the line was this guy:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/glasses1_9946.jpg

Like I say, just try it (unless it's your last supper on the way to your execution).

It's like I've said before the debate is never ending about store-bought brisket, and I happen to put Bryant's on top for the best (JMO!!), but I've had days where it wasn't all that great too (and is never better than mine (JMO)).

So just try it and trash me later if you don't like it.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm old and started wearing glasses last year, maybe I can't see "to good" but they seem pretty close to me. For guests, the chuck eye will do "expeciallee" if I don't like them "to good"!!

Rib eye:

http://www.bigbadbob113.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bigstockphoto_ribeye_steak_1241204.jpg

Chuck eye:

http://www.homegrowncow.com/images/meat-cuts/Chuck-Eye-Steak-Boneless.gif

vailpass
10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I had/have the same question too... I'm not sure about the economics of the deal, but I've been known to be pretty critical of meat and I know that certain cows taste better than others. In this case, perhaps, I got a great cow but I doubt it.

Perhaps those dotted-line charts/boarders on cow drawings aren't as important as those on maps of earth (in many ways). So maybe what I got was a rib eye but labeled a chuck eye because the guy drawing the line was this guy:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/glasses1_9946.jpg

Like I say, just try it (unless it's your last supper on the way to your execution).

It's like I've said before the debate is never ending about store-bought brisket, and I happen to put Bryant's on top for the best (JMO!!), but I've had days where it wasn't all that great too (and is never better than mine (JMO)).

So just try it and trash me later if you don't like it.

I'll not trash anyone for recommending a good cut! We're a little challenged out here for cuts but next time it's red meat day I'm asking the butcher if they have this...

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 10:42 AM

This did almost happen, but there are tools that make that not happen. And, since we each "stand up" hibachi grill style (I cut all the meat on the rather large cutting board and we all stand and eat - don't ask me why, it's just more awesome than sitting!!), nobody has to cut their steak anyway.

R8RFAN
10-06-2013, 10:53 AM
This did almost happen, but there are tools that make that not happen. And, since we each "stand up" hibachi grill style (I cut all the meat on the rather large cutting board and we all stand and eat - don't ask me why, it's just more awesome than sitting!!), nobody has to cut their steak anyway.

It's all about what you like, I really like chuck eye steaks but maybe the high brow types won't ...

Good food + good friends = a great time

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 10:57 AM
It's all about what you like, I really like chuck eye steaks but maybe the high brow types won't ...

Good food + good friends = a great time

I drink Merlot.... :D

R8RFAN
10-06-2013, 10:57 AM
This steak will try to come apart where I marked it in yellow... To prevent this, take a wooden skewer and pierce the steak where the green dots are, also make sure the steak does not stick to your grill

http://thumbnails102.imagebam.com/28001/4fae59280008359.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4fae59280008359)

R8RFAN
10-06-2013, 10:58 AM
I drink Merlot.... :D

Never had it and have no idea what it is :huh:

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2013, 11:24 AM

First of all, most people wouldn't know what the fuck they were eating if you put it in their mouths blind... this is a tough skill for seasoned chefs with a superior palate than most. Second of all, you didn't do a "blind taste test" unless you gave them ribeye at the same time.

That said, chuck eye is a good, cheap cut. I've never disagreed with that.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Never had it and have no idea what it is :huh:

Go to your local liquor store and tell the store-keep, "I've been in a few bar fights, while I've not won them all, I've won many, what do you have for me as I'll be having some friends over for the football game this Sunday?" They'll reply, "Have you won more around the 75th percentile of those fights?" If you reply with "yes", they will say, "follow me Sir, we have a great selection of Merlot this week." If you reply with "no" they'll point to the beer cooler and shelves of various forms of whiskey/tequila and tell you to toughen up a little...

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Go to your local liquor store and tell the store-keep, "I've been in a few bar fights, while I've not won them all, I've won many, what do you have for me as I'll be having some friends over for the football game this Sunday?" They'll reply, "Have you won more around the 75th percentile of those fights?" If you reply with "yes", they will say, "follow me Sir, we have a great selection of Merlot this week." If you reply with "no" they'll point to the beer cooler and shelves of various forms of whiskey/tequila and tell you to toughen up a little...

Merlot gets a bad rep, a lot because of that damn Sideways movies. It's a good wine, nothing wrong with it. And since it's fallen out of favor, you can get some DAMN FINE merlots for a good price.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 11:30 AM
First of all, most people wouldn't know what the fuck they were eating if you put it in their mouths blind... this is a tough skill for seasoned chefs with a superior palate than most. Second of all, you didn't do a "blind taste test" unless you gave them ribeye at the same time.

That said, chuck eye is a good, cheap cut. I've never disagreed with that.

Well I'll slap the wife for not having a rib eye handy... It's NEVER my fault!! :D

That being said, around these parts we've all had plenty of rib eye and have pretty darn good taste memory to while it did lack a bit of science I must admit,

That being typed, I'm going to print your reply and tell the wife that it's YOUR fault that I must buy both next time...

All joking aside, you make a good point and I will fix that next time Sir...

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Merlot gets a bad rep, a lot because of that damn Sideways movies. It's a good wine, nothing wrong with it. And since it's fallen out of favor, you can get some DAMN FINE merlots for a good price.

You are right.. And if the movie help keep the price of the product down, it's the ONE thing it did that wasn't useless..

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Well I'll slap the wife for not having a rib eye handy... It's NEVER my fault!! :D

That being said, around these parts we've all had plenty of rib eye and have pretty darn good taste memory to while it did lack a bit of science I must admit,

That being typed, I'm going to print your reply and tell the wife that it's YOUR fault that I must buy both next time...

All joking aside, you make a good point and I will fix that next time Sir...

ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2013, 11:36 AM
You are right.. And if the movie help keep the price of the product down, it's the ONE thing it did that wasn't useless..

I actually enjoy the film, but it did damage the merlot brand, IYAM.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
ROFL

Hey, I admitted I've lost bar fights, I just never want to have to admit I've lost a breakfast-bar fight! Nope, that'd be bad!

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2013, 11:53 AM
I split a $120 wagyu ribeye last night with a buddy. OMG. It was amazeballs.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I split a $120 wagyu ribeye last night with a buddy. OMG. It was amazeballs.

Is that like splitting an affordable street walker? Flavorful.....

mikeyis4dcats.
10-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Is that like splitting an affordable street walker? Flavorful.....

something like that https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1376574_10201747396663288_119094550_n.jpg

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 12:44 PM
something like that https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1376574_10201747396663288_119094550_n.jpg

I'd lick it dry in the pink parts.. Of course that's not saying much really... Rep!

Silock
10-06-2013, 01:47 PM
The strip is good, but it's dry.

You're doing it wrong.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 06:01 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/07/y2e4u4yb.jpg

Two $5.99 a pound chuck eyes next to a $13.97 a pound rib eye. Yeah. Two nights in a row!!!

I'll update later after the blind taste test...

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/07/y2e4u4yb.jpg

Two $5.99 a pound chuck eyes next to a $13.97 a pound rib eye. Yeah. Two nights in a row!!!

I'll update later after the blind taste test...

OK bad news for all the meat snobs, the chuck eye won. It was more tender AND flavorful, and the lady next door thought it was nice that the fat that was in it were chunks large enough to cut away. But she drinks white wine, so I sorta discounted her opinion for the most part. Not to mention, I often times eat the fat...

In the end I was the only one who knew which was which (they never even saw the before pics), but even I had to admit that the chuck eye was not only equal, but had a better flavor and texture. Better cow perhaps?? Either way, at a $7.99 per pound difference even a tie in flavor and texture would have meant that the chuck eye won.

We've (the accountant and I!!) decided that neighborhood grill-outs over the fire pit - I've made my own fire pit modification!!! :) - just got much more affordable. LOL, like that matters!

Marcellus
10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Filet is the way to go all the time every time. Grilled some Friday night you could cut with a fork.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Filet is the way to go all the time every time. Grilled some Friday night you could cut with a fork.

Like hamburger....

Marcellus
10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Like hamburger....

Not sure what you mean there. Yea you can cut hamburger with a fork but a good filet is the best meat hands down.

Its not close and its also the reason it cost the most on average.

GloryDayz
10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Not sure what you mean there. Yea you can cut hamburger with a fork but a good filet is the best meat hands down.

Its not close and its also the reason it cost the most on average.

Yup, it's a good cut too... I just think "tender" is just one characteristic of meat, and not the bottom line. It's a good cut, and more tender, but a flank steak many times has better flavor, but you have to chew it. So it's a hard choice (especially if you don't have teeth).

I think were trying to compare something different here, not the cost.

Silock
10-06-2013, 08:38 PM
a good filet is the best meat hands down.

It's certainly the most tender, but there is a lot more to meat than that.

RJ
10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I prefer ribeye on the grill. I like a strip steak pan seared with a sauce. Two great but different cuts.

Fire Me Boy!
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM

How tender it is is not the first thing I judge a steak on...

mr. tegu
10-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Filet mignon is expensive because of its rare combination of tenderness and low fat content. And because there is far less of it on each animal (about 8 lbs) as well as the often overlooked fact that a traditional round filet mignon requires an extra step of processing to shape it.

Silock
10-17-2013, 12:43 AM
Got some filtet mignon on sale at Costco for the same price as sirloin and ribeye. So I made a marinade and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days. I set it out to come to room temp. About 3 hours. Put the grill and cast iron griddle on. Put it on high, let it come to about 600 deg air temp, about 950 griddle temp. 5 minutes a side and boom.

Sofa king good. Crust is perfect and interior is perfectly rare.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/8E0E6400-79D2-4CF3-8564-10CBEA70A10F-6542-000010322E993852_zpsc69ec50f.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Silock99/media/8E0E6400-79D2-4CF3-8564-10CBEA70A10F-6542-000010322E993852_zpsc69ec50f.jpg.html)

I still prefer the strip lol

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2013, 05:19 AM
JFC A Filet is down the list on my cut of steak.

Sure, it's tender. The flavor profile just cannot hold up to a ribeye or strip.

Dayze
10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
I gotta have me some marbling; filets are overrated. Good, don't get me wrong, but ribeyes are by far my favorite.

Omaha
10-17-2013, 08:46 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dygaAnK61qhn3smo1_1280.gif

I'm not sure what is more ridiculous to me:

1. The crap that I keep learning about how our "food" is produced, or

2. The large majority of people who don't give a shit about it.

Any time I start talking about the shit I have read, a few of my friends roll their eyes and tell me I'm making a big deal out of nothing and there's nothing wrong with heavily processed garbage they constantly eat. Meanwhile, they are getting fatter and fatter, they are sick more than me, their allergies are getting out of control, they can no longer compete with me in any sort of physical activity or sport, and they appear to be aging twice as fast as me. If people would just stop buying that shit, they'd stop making it. I promise.

Omaha
10-17-2013, 08:50 AM
the KC Strip is simply a better tasting cut of meat?

I mean, I'm still going to eat them, but the strip is just better every single time I make it.

When it's cooked right, the strip is my favorite. Ribeyes are more consistent, though. That extra fat makes it hard to screw up.

Nightfyre
10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Recently, the local grocer had strips on sale for 4.98/lb. Needless to say, I've been eating well lately. But now I'm out... :sulk:

BIG_DADDY
10-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Because a ribeye is the best cut. I do like strips a lot as well. Most overrated cut is the filet mignon.

R8RFAN
10-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Because a ribeye is the best cut. I do like strips a lot as well. Most overrated cut is the filet mignon.

Not most overrated but definitely most overpriced

Nightfyre
10-17-2013, 06:49 PM
I picked up a flank steak today for 4.99/ lb. It was pretty good.

Fire Me Boy!
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Not most overrated but definitely most overpriced

No, it being overpriced is just one reason it's overrated.

GloryDayz
10-17-2013, 09:13 PM
I made simple burgers. They were pretty darn good too.

R8RFAN
10-19-2013, 11:05 AM
My grilling invention Hybrid Grill

Cast Iron Hibachi + Infrared Gas grill

Infrared cooks bird perfect and burgers too but I don't like the way it does steak.
Not the thickest steaks around but I get a deal at the butcher
5 lbs of Tbone
5 lbs of Rib steak
5 lbs of hamburger
5 lbs of pork chops
3 lbs of chicken wings for 85 dollars

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1376454_10151942983554598_1476396597_n.jpg

LoneWolf
10-19-2013, 12:54 PM
My grilling invention Hybrid Grill

Cast Iron Hibachi + Infrared Gas grill

Infrared cooks bird perfect and burgers too but I don't like the way it does steak.
Not the thickest steaks around but I get a deal at the butcher
5 lbs of Tbone
5 lbs of Rib steak
5 lbs of hamburger
5 lbs of pork chops
3 lbs of chicken wings for 85 dollars

Or you could quit being such a nancy boy and cook it all on a big charcoal grill. :D

R8RFAN
10-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Or you could quit being such a nancy boy and cook it all on a big charcoal grill. :D

I know but the infrared cooks chicken so damn good man with almost no chance of burning it....

Easy 6
10-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Good Lord, 23 pounds of food... have a lot of guests, or do you just reeeally like having leftovers?

Even when i just cook for myself, i almost always make enough for 2-3 meals for myself afterward, but 23 pounds :)

HonestChieffan
10-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Did strips tonight that i cut. 1
1/2 inch. Salt pepper and penzys old english ribeye rub. Rare. So very fine.

GloryDayz
10-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Did bacon-wrapped steak. Twas awesome!!! (Worst picture ever!!!!!!!)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/vyve4u3a.jpg

DaFace
10-19-2013, 08:36 PM
This has turned into the "make me jealous and hungry" thread.

GloryDayz
10-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Hmmmm, that's an interesting way to look at it. Tomorrow's tailgate should be fun - dinner food!

R8RFAN
10-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Good Lord, 23 pounds of food... have a lot of guests, or do you just reeeally like having leftovers?

Even when i just cook for myself, i almost always make enough for 2-3 meals for myself afterward, but 23 pounds :)

Well I went to the grocery store friday and paid 10 bucks for 1 thin tbone and said screw it...

I have a Foodsaver system and just used it to package the steaks in packs of 2 ...
Lots of money saved overall.

All is perfectly vacuum sealed and frozen now

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2013, 05:12 AM
I am now about 4 steaks into using my cast iron skillet and I am struggling to get that perfect crust. Any recommendations?

I am using Kosher salt, Montreal steak seasoning, and minced garlic. I heat my oven to 500 degrees with the skillet in the oven. I turn up the stove top to high.

Once I reach temp I pull out the skillet and place on stove top then I put everything on the steak while the skillet gets to high temp on stove top.

I rub conola oil lightly on both sides and drop the steak into the pan for 30 sec/side.

Then I place the steak into the 500 degree oven for 2 minutes/side.

Rest for 5-10 minutes after.

I just can't get that crust that I feel should be on there. The cook is perfectly even throughout and it's delicious, I just feel I could do a bit better.

lewdog
10-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Well I went to the grocery store friday and paid 10 bucks for 1 thin tbone and said screw it...

I have a Foodsaver system and just used it to package the steaks in packs of 2 ...
Lots of money saved overall.

All is perfectly vacuum sealed and frozen now

I have no idea why some of these idiots thought you were cooking 23lbs of food at once!?

I clearly understood that you bought it all for $85 but obviously were freezing some of it. ROFL

Sounds like a good deal. I'd take that any day.

Silock
10-20-2013, 08:21 AM
I am now about 4 steaks into using my cast iron skillet and I am struggling to get that perfect crust. Any recommendations?

I am using Kosher salt, Montreal steak seasoning, and minced garlic. I heat my oven to 500 degrees with the skillet in the oven. I turn up the stove top to high.

Once I reach temp I pull out the skillet and place on stove top then I put everything on the steak while the skillet gets to high temp on stove top.

I rub conola oil lightly on both sides and drop the steak into the pan for 30 sec/side.

Then I place the steak into the 500 degree oven for 2 minutes/side.

Rest for 5-10 minutes after.

I just can't get that crust that I feel should be on there. The cook is perfectly even throughout and it's delicious, I just feel I could do a bit better.

Crust = heat. Your stove just can't get that hot.

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2013, 08:25 AM

:sulk:

MahiMike
10-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Grilled 2 big Ribeyes and a Porterhouse on the Big Green Egg last night. Awesome.

SDChiefs
10-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Because its not.

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Grilled 2 big Ribeyes and a Porterhouse on the Big Green Egg last night. Awesome.

I'm going to look into one of these. I hear great things

R8RFAN
10-20-2013, 09:05 AM

Bull Butter.... Put that steak in a cast iron skillet, it will get plenty hot on a gas burner or electric stove to burn the hell out of a steak

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Bull Butter.... Put that steak in a cast iron skillet, it will get plenty hot on a gas burner or electric stove to burn the hell out of a steak

SO you think I should just leave the skillet on the stove top longer?

R8RFAN
10-20-2013, 09:22 AM
SO you think I should just leave the skillet on the stove top longer?

Yup...... get it hot enough for a drop of water to dance on the surface and then cook that slab man....

Also never start out with a refrigerator cold steak, put it on the counter uncovered on a plate and put some kosher salt on it....

I don't season a steak until I flip it, let the seasoning dissolve in the juices on the surface...

GloryDayz
10-20-2013, 11:12 AM
And the chuck-eye went over super-well at the tailgate... Awesome.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/abezydaj.jpg

R8RFAN
01-23-2014, 10:56 AM
2 fat chuckeyes for lunch on the hibachi

6 bucks

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/30347/935b46303463571.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/935b46303463571)

GloryDayz
01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
2 fat chuckeyes for lunch on the hibachi

6 bucks

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/30347/935b46303463571.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/935b46303463571)

I'm not sure I love you or I hate you..... BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike in SW-MO
01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
I did a bacon explosion last night. Only I used ground venison with lots of dry rub in place of the sausage. I also saute a whole onion in the bacon drippings to add to the bacon bits in the middle.

Smoked it 2.5 hours on the Egg. Way good.

millz
01-23-2014, 04:04 PM
is it just me or can anyone else not eat steak unless it's on the grill. Just find it smells and tastes so fucking disgusting if you put it on a pan or in the oven..ugh

R8RFAN
01-23-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure I love you or I hate you..... BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how much money you have saved on your tailgates :thumb:

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 04:05 PM
is it just me or can anyone else not eat steak unless it's on the grill. Just find it smells and tastes so ****ing disgusting if you put it on a pan or in the oven..ugh

Then you're not doing it right. Some of my best steaks never got within 50 feet of a grill.

R8RFAN
01-23-2014, 04:06 PM
is it just me or can anyone else not eat steak unless it's on the grill. Just find it smells and tastes so ****ing disgusting if you put it on a pan or in the oven..ugh

Your pan is not hot enough

millz
01-23-2014, 04:09 PM
So it's better if it's not on the grill?

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
So it's better if it's not on the grill?

Not better, not worse. Different.

But to say a steak from a pan is "disgusting" means you're doing something wrong. If you like steak on the grill, I can guarantee you I can make you one from a pan you'd enjoy.

millz
01-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Not better, not worse. Different.

But to say a steak from a pan is "disgusting" means you're doing something wrong. If you like steak on the grill, I can guarantee you I can make you one from a pan you'd enjoy.

i over exaggerated with the disgusting, just prefer grilled food.

but willing to give it a shot if possible.

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 04:14 PM

I could make you beef cooked in water you'd kill for. :D

How do you feel about 48-hour beef short ribs? :drool:

mikeyis4dcats.
01-23-2014, 04:26 PM

do you like steaks in a restaurant?

Fire Me Boy!
01-23-2014, 04:37 PM
I only like grilled food.

I like my steaks like I like my women: thick and well marbled.

Too fat. This one's more my speed. [inserts pic of pure gristle]

http://i.imgur.com/F91YK.jpg

GloryDayz
01-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Look how much money you have saved on your tailgates :thumb:

Well, that is a good point.... BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

R8RFAN
06-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Bump the meat thread

Fire Me Boy!
06-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I still disagree with the very premise of this thread. :harumph:

Kaepernick
06-03-2014, 11:26 AM
why not a mignon?

I will take a 10 oz. filet over a 20 oz. Ribeye every time. But then, we all have our own personal preference.

Fire Me Boy!
06-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I will take a 10 oz. filet over a 20 oz. Ribeye every time. But then, we all have our own personal preference.

I would do the opposite. Filet gets way too much love. I'd do fish over the filet.

Mike in SW-MO
06-03-2014, 11:32 AM

I will take your 10 oz filet as an appetizer to my strip steak.

(Aka Porterhouse)