PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dorsey sure does seem to know where talent is

RunKC
09-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Duck Dynasty McGrath
Marcus Cooper
Kevin Brock
Ron Parker

All these guys were brought in off the street and have made big plays in the games so far.

It's too early to tell, but right now I think we just might have an elite GM running things here, folks.

Love what Dorsey is doing so far.

Psyko Tek
09-29-2013, 02:39 PM
love all those guys, he is goood

Bump
better than all of our draft picks combined!

Baby Lee
"I can pick up 3-4 guys off the street and go 4-0"

chiefzilla1501
Duck Dynasty McGrath
Marcus Cooper
Kevin Brock
Ron Parker

All these guys were brought in off the street and have made big plays in the games so far.

It's too early to tell, but right now I think we just might have an elite GM running things here, folks.

Love what Dorsey is doing so far.

Meh on Parker and Brock. Great find on McGrath and Cooper. Throw in Akeem Jordan and our deep safety depth as well.

Rausch
Our other ILB isn't half bad either...

RealSNR
09-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Brock made a nice play, but I'd still rather he shovel shit off this team.

Fasano still needs to get back soon.

McGrath on the other hand is legit.

RainMaker
This week makes him look like a freaking savant.

Mr. Laz
I want Cooper to take Dunta Robinson job over completely

Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper should start until Flowers comes back and then Cooper should be the first CB off the bench.

I still think Demps should start over Lewis as well

Love the gritty job by McGrath too

keg in kc
Cooper looked fucking great. After I heard Flowers was out, I expected a whole game of plays like that bomb over Dunta.

BlackHelicopters
And he is always looking for upgrades

Mr. Laz
09-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Cooper looked ****ing great. After I heard Flowers was out, I expected a whole game of plays like that bomb over Dunta.
It would have been without Cooper.

They started hiding Robinson in the slot with Safety help.

aturnis
09-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Cooper looked ****ing great. After I heard Flowers was out, I expected a whole game of plays like that bomb over Dunta.

Exactly this.

Cannibal
09-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Fisher needs to stop playing like an 8 year old girl. That could prove to be a thorn in the side of Dorsey's record.

keg in kc
09-29-2013, 02:46 PM
I've got a feeling that as soon as the season's over we're going to hear that Fisher's had a relatively serious nagging injury (shoulder I would guess) since camp and that he's immediately going under the knife.

siberian khatru
09-29-2013, 02:48 PM
It would have been without Cooper.

They started hiding Robinson in the slot with Safety help.

Props to Cooper for stepping up, but also to Sutton for quickly making a fix.

RealSNR
09-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Can we cut Robinson this offseason and save money?

Start stocking up on contracts for Houston and Berry.

Rausch
09-29-2013, 02:50 PM
I've got a feeling that as soon as the season's over we're going to hear that Fisher's had a relatively serious nagging injury (shoulder I would guess) since camp and that he's immediately going under the knife.

He's either hurt or has absolutely no upper body strength...

Rausch
09-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Can we cut Robinson this offseason and save money?

Start stocking up on contracts for Houston and Berry.

Trade for a 7th?

He should be a b/u FS and not CB...

Molitoth
09-29-2013, 02:52 PM
McGrath is awesome.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2013, 04:15 PM
McGrath is awesome.
Beard Man!!!!

tough,gritty and fairly athletic

love it :)

Strongside
09-29-2013, 04:19 PM
That's what good GM's do. Injuries don't kill your team when you've got good talent in the pipeline.

notorious
09-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't call McGrath good talent. He does his job and catches the ball (without breaking into pieces).

That's more then we have seen at tight end since Tony G.

DaFace
09-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm very pleased, though I'll wait for a decent draft or two (and this one is a bit suspect so far) to start calling him "elite."

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't call McGrath good talent. He does his job and catches the ball (without breaking into pieces).

Dude, he went to Henderson State University. The mere fact that he's playing in the NFL, let alone catching touchdown passes, is unreal.

He's got serious talent.

Dorsey's doing an amazing job churning the roster. Parker, McGrath and Cooper look like real keepers.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 04:25 PM
McGrath is awesome.

The Chiefs need more Mc's on their roster.

McGrath and McCluster were Smith's most reliable targets today.

mcaj22
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Dunta is the only fail

and thats not bad seeing how everything Fat Scott did outside of 3 obvious draft picks was a failure

tredadda
09-29-2013, 04:37 PM
That's what good GM's do. Injuries don't kill your team when you've got good talent in the pipeline.

^ This. All teams deal with injuries. Truly deep teams overcome them. This is exactly what Dorsey is doing for us, making us a deep team.

keg in kc
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Dunta is the only fail

and thats not bad seeing how everything Fat Scott did outside of 3 obvious draft picks was a failureAnd that Dunta fail looked to be quickly replaced with another player right after he was torched.

Steron
09-29-2013, 04:40 PM
He's either hurt or has absolutely no upper body strength...

I have to believe he's hurt.

TribalElder
09-29-2013, 04:41 PM
As long as fisher keeps showing signs of a concussion the rest of the season, then we should be good

tredadda
09-29-2013, 04:41 PM

I thought I heard the announcers state that Stephenson came in for Fisher, so there might be something to that.

PunkinDrublic
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM

He can catch the ball and stay healthy. He's the anti-Moeaki.

DaneMcCloud
I thought I heard the announcers state that Stephenson came in for Fisher, so there might be something to that.

LMAO

You didn't see him on the field?

Red Dawg
Duck Dynasty Baby!

Psyko Tek
09-29-2013, 04:44 PM
I love the beard
and cooper, is smith one of the guys off the street?

guess you can get guys of the street to win games,
if you know talent

eDave
09-29-2013, 04:47 PM
The Chiefs need more Mc's on their roster.

McGrath and McCluster were Smith's most reliable targets today.

McBowe has a nice ring to it.

tredadda
09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
LMAO

You didn't see him on the field?

I did to start the game. I am basing what I said on what I heard the announcers say. I don't make watching Fisher a hobby.

Brock
09-29-2013, 05:13 PM

He's obviously talented.

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
To be fair, he DID bring in Axl Smythe, so yeah it kinda kills all this other feel good crap... :sulk:

Rausch
09-29-2013, 05:20 PM

It's possible. He is playing with injury - that's fact.

It's also fact he was clowned and unimpressive in TC and the whole of the preseason...

Pablo
09-29-2013, 05:28 PM
It's possible. He is playing with injury - that's fact.

It's also fact he was clowned and unimpressive in TC and the whole of the preseason...Oft-injured clown dick thus far.

Dunta looks pretty unimpressive; but everyone else seems to be on track.

the Talking Can
09-29-2013, 05:47 PM
i had no idea who cooper or brock were...ROFL

mcgrath is an amazing pickup given our injuries there, that guy is tough

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2013, 05:52 PM

Good God, he's a 3rd string TE what do you expect when we speak of talent?

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Good God, he's a 3rd string TE what do you expect when we speak of talent?

If he continues to improve each week as he has, he's no longer the #3 guy, he's a solid #2.

Let Kelce recover properly and learn. Fasano and McGrath would be pretty awesome.

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2013, 06:23 PM
If he continues to improve each week as he has, he's no longer the #3 guy, he's a solid #2.

Let Kelce recover properly and learn. Fasano and McGrath would be pretty awesome.

Exactly what I was thinking while watching him play. That man is making a bid to be a part of this team. Two TE sets with Fasano and McGrath would be brutal to defend and could improve our ground game

Rausch
09-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Oft-injured clown dick thus far.

Fuck I hate clowns...

dallaschiefsfan
09-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Isn't Dunta supposed to be exclusively a slot CB? I'm not saying he's all-world at it...just that he was supposed to be brought in exclusively for that role. I was pretty shocked they had him on the outside at the beginning due to what I recalled at his signing. When Flowers was ruled out, I figured the next "normal" corner in line behind Flowers/Smith would start. Hopefully, that's the way it will be going forward because yeah...Cooper was great and Dunta was at best, out of position and at worst, exposed as a bad CB, slot or outside.

mcaj22
09-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Isn't Dunta supposed to be exclusively a slot CB? I'm not saying he's all-world at it...just that he was supposed to be brought in exclusively for that role. I was pretty shocked they had him on the outside at the beginning due to what I recalled at his signing. When Flowers was ruled out, I figured the next "normal" corner in line behind Flowers/Smith would start. Hopefully, that's the way it will be going forward because yeah...Cooper was great and Dunta was at best, out of position and at worst, exposed as a bad CB, slot or outside.

Dunta has no position, he's old and washed up trying to hang with younger, faster players with just one leg pretty much. you are paying him 5 million to get burned outside, inside, where ever by teams #1 WRs, TEs, RBs, 5th string players it does not matter

today proved you can pick a guy up off the scrap heap for 1/100th of the price and he can do a better job than Dunta. That's the point.

MotherfuckerJones
09-29-2013, 06:38 PM
His guys are producing absolutely love it. The waiver 7 have made a big impact this year. McGrath, Cooper, Parker, Moses, etc

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Dunta has no position, he's old and washed up trying to hang with younger, faster players with just one leg pretty much. you are paying him 5 million to get burned outside, inside, where ever by teams #1 WRs, TEs, RBs, 5th string players it does not matter

today proved you can pick a guy up off the scrap heap for 1/100th of the price and he can do a better job than Dunta. That's the point.

Scrap heap? Cooper is a rookie.

Aren't you the same turdcutter that bitched incessantly about trading Arenas for Sherman?

DaFace
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM

I recall it being more of a "Smith vs. Robinson for starting CB" thing (which Dunta clearly lost).

mcaj22
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Scrap heap? Cooper is a rookie.

Aren't you the same turdcutter that bitched incessantly about trading Arenas for Sherman?

Cooper was cut from a team, he was a 7th round pick

that is the definition of late August FA scrap pile. Nobody expected anything of him, certainly not the 49ers.

MotherfuckerJones
09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm fine with dunta. He's good veteran depth. News flash...Cruz burns secondaries for big TDs consistently. We adjusted and were fine

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Cooper was cut from a team, he was a 7th round pick

that is the definition of late August FA scrap pile. Nobody expected anything of him, certainly not the 49ers.

Bullshit.

And apparently, the 49ers fucked up.

MotherfuckerJones
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Arenas showed zilch. Cooper showed he can play. We'll see how he develops

mcaj22
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Bullshit.

And apparently, the 49ers ****ed up.

I do agree that the 49ers screwed up there

MotherfuckerJones
09-29-2013, 06:45 PM
This is why we got Dorsey. He finds guys that make impacts.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
I do agree that the 49ers screwed up there

They waived him with the intent to sign him to the PS and the Chiefs, having waiver priority due to their 2-14 record, claimed him.

Dorsey has been a magician working the waiver wire. The best part is that if Cooper continues to play well, he's under a 7th round, 4 year contract.

Rausch
09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Arenas showed zilch. Cooper showed he can play. We'll see how he develops

I have to admit I was very impressed with Cooper.

That said postpone the circle jerk until we have a larger sample size than 1 game...

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 06:47 PM
This is why we got Dorsey. He finds guys that make impacts.

The Chiefs "got" Dorsey due to Andy Reid.

MotherfuckerJones
09-29-2013, 06:48 PM

Ya I know that. I was here

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I did to start the game. I am basing what I said on what I heard the announcers say. I don't make watching Fisher a hobby.

Thanks for confirming that you don't know how to watch football

Rausch
09-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Who was hired first?...

DaneMcCloud
Ya I know that. I was here

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
Who was hired first?...

Uh...

MotherfuckerJones
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Who was hired first?...

Reid

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Well he is doing a good job with wavier wire pickups, draft picks on the other hand.....

JohnnyHammersticks
09-29-2013, 06:53 PM
**** I hate clowns...

Better not watch the Broncos games then. Can you imagine how badly Manning and Welker are going to clown Dunta? Peyton might have another 7 TD game, and they might all go to Welker if they don't give Robinson some serious Safety help.

tredadda
09-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks for confirming that you don't know how to watch football

Actually I do, I just don't pay attention to our RT, guys like our QB, RB and WRs seem to occupy the majority of my attention. Apparently he did leave and not come back, soooooooooooo it looks like what I initially said was true. Maybe you saw him dominating in the 4th quarter, not sure. Maybe that was what I missed.

mcaj22
09-29-2013, 06:58 PM
They waived him with the intent to sign him to the PS and the Chiefs, having waiver priority due to their 2-14 record, claimed him.

Dorsey has been a magician working the waiver wire. The best part is that if Cooper continues to play well, he's under a 7th round, 4 year contract.

that was I assume the plan was the whole time, find teams better than us with more depth, and snipe their guys they are trying to pass through the practice squad.

That's what he did with Seahawks and 49ers players, same can be said about McGrath, Parker, etc

Dorsey knew guys like Jalil Brown, Devon Wylie, Powe were absolute expendable and replaceable roster garbage just taking up space and he used that extra day to replace all them with 7 new players that have been pretty much stepping up and contributing unlike any of the depth we have had the last four seasons being hyped around here (cough, Powe)

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Actually I do, I just don't pay attention to our RT, guys like our QB, RB and WRs seem to occupy the majority of my attention. Apparently he did leave and not come back, soooooooooooo it looks like what I initially said was true. Maybe you saw him dominating in the 4th quarter, not sure. Maybe that was what I missed.

You missed the fact that the starting right tackle was replaced.

That's the definition of not paying attention or knowing how to watch a game.

Next time, watch the line. Maybe you'll learn something.

dallaschiefsfan
09-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I recall it being more of a "Smith vs. Robinson for starting CB" thing (which Dunta clearly lost).

I was way too tuned into the Royals this year to pay as much attention to training camp, so I can't argue with you as to whether there was an actual competition. But when we actually signed Smith I could have sworn that it was a foregone conclusion that he would be playing opposite Flowers in the and that Dunta was always meant to be the slot guy.

tredadda
09-29-2013, 07:03 PM
You missed the fact that the starting right tackle was replaced.

That's the definition of not paying attention or knowing how to watch a game.

Next time, watch the line. Maybe you'll learn something.

:spock: I stated that I heard that Stephenson replaced Fisher................our RT and somehow I missed something. Did he not get replaced? If he did, then what part did I miss? Oh and what can learn by watching the line?

T-post Tom
09-30-2013, 04:00 AM
He go by bubba and he hit that dance like thunder...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=ADkbmlUz01ScxM&tbnid=0NlFOGmMvU9AIM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn0.sbnation.com%2Fimported_assets%2F1365141%2Fpioli.gif&ei=qEtJUtiuIOPo2AWriICwAg&psig=AFQjCNE7nmp-eJ6ZzRYTGGfZidKq6LedXA&ust=1380621608613768

penchief
09-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Dorsey has done a good job so far. But to be fair he won't always have first shot at these guys by virtue of the worst record.

I think what this may indicate is that Dorsey could be good at finding talent in the later rounds of the draft. Let's hope anyway.

Dayze
09-30-2013, 07:40 AM
I really like McGrath. I don't think he's a world beater by any means, but on this team, he's arguably better than our #1 TE. He does seem to know how to read the zone coverage and get to the soft spot. I haven't paid much attention to his run blocking.

ChiTown
09-30-2013, 07:49 AM
My favorite player thus far is our homeless TE. Dude has been MOE-NAY!

Omaha
09-30-2013, 07:49 AM
^ This. All teams deal with injuries. Truly deep teams overcome them. This is exactly what Dorsey is doing for us, making us a deep team.

A few years ago, when Green Bay won their SB, they were decimated by injuries.

TEX
09-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I really like McGrath. I don't think he's a world beater by any means, but on this team, he's arguably better than our #1 TE. He does seem to know how to read the zone coverage and get to the soft spot. I haven't paid much attention to his run blocking.

He's not better than Fasano from a talent perspective. Course you gotta be healthy to play so...

DaWolf
09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
The free agent signings have been productive so far as well. I can't think of a single productive free agent we signed during the Pioli era...

Line Judge
09-30-2013, 09:14 AM
From a post by Direckshun: The problem: McGrath and Brock are atrocious blockers. In the runblock game, they are total liabilities. Brock's man blew up the run every ****ing down Brock was in. McGrath gets so lost, one time he slammed into Asamoah trying to weed through the mess. Fasano would be a welcome improvement, at the very least, in the blocking game.

Mr. Laz
09-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Fasano and McGrath would be a pretty good blue collar set of TE's.

no flash ... just play hard and catch the ball.

I just know that Moeaki's leg would of shattered if he took one of the hits that McGrath took TWICE against the Giants.