PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. It was a great day to be a Chiefs fan. All week we talked about not being over-confident. After all, despite our 3-0 record, there's that nagging thought that this is the team that had the very first pick in the draft, coming off a two win season. I'm still having a hard time getting past that. The Giants played badly last week in Carolina, and today had the markings of a classic trap game. I woke up early because it was also "visitor's day" for Mrs. Blowfish and me. My good pal Mr. Doggity had a friend fly in from New Jersey who is a lifelong Giants and Chiefs fan. He sat with us today, and I decided to break out the camera to shoot a few pics, since the weather was so nice, and I get a pretty good view of things. Here I am testing the camera on Mama Cat around 7 AM, gotta make sure it works, y'know...
http://i44.tinypic.com/e625nn.jpg

Mr. Doggity's pal Robert, he's one of those "dual fans." He wore a Priest Holmes Chiefs Jersey and a Giants hat. I'm like "Dude...make up your mind!" He ended up rooting mostly for the Chiefs and I think his Chiefs side finally won out. Also, I met up with our fellow CPer SCHO63, who wanted to get together for a drink before the game. We met up in the "Draft Room," which is a little hole in the wall bar inside of Arrowhead on the Southwest corner of the stadium. We had a nice visit, and it was fun to listen to the two New Jersey guys talk about their first trip ever to Arrowhead. Those of us who live here tend to take the whole "Arrowhead Experience" for granted. If you've never been to a Chiefs game with the fans fully engaged, it's powerful stuff. Here's today's National Anthem from my seat on the 50:
http://i42.tinypic.com/sepult.jpg

9. My thought going in was that this game would be close, much like the Dallas game. And it was, for a half. The two teams seemed to mirror each other. Both teams had trouble sustaining drives in the first quarter, no first quarter scoring. The Chiefs score right away with a pass to "Duck Dynasty" McGrath, Giants hit right back with a bomb to Salsa Boy. Then the turnovers back and forth. Then the penalties. The first half was pretty evenly played, the difference being KC hit on their field goal attempt, and the Giants missed theirs. The second half was a totally different story, of course.

8. A lot of the stats are similar: Both teams were penalized seven times, for almost identical yards: Giants 65 and Chiefs 62. Alex threw two picks -one his fault, one not his fault- and Eli threw one. Chiefs gave up five yards per offensive play, Giants gave up about five and a half. So all that was pretty even. But the Chiefs owned time of possession: 36 to 24 minutes. That was huge, especially in the fourth quarter. Here's a picture from the sidelines during the game:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2wmp4dk.jpg

7. Alex Smith continues to be our second leading rusher. He had 37 yards on seven carries. He seems to pick his spots well, has good field vision and -most importantly- knows when to go down (I mean that in the most positive way...) Charles was balanced just like the last game vs. Philly. He had 65 rushing and 62 passing with a TD reception. Most important, Charles seems to still have some steam in the fourth quarter. Opposing defenses wilt against him in the fourth quarter. I'm thinking as the season goes on, he's going to gain a lot of his yards in the fourth quarter, especially if the Chiefs continue to dominate time of possession and grind clock on people. This is the third time Smith has spread the ball to seven different receivers. That's a trademark of this offense. You can't key on just one guy. Nice to see Bowe get into the act as well. His TD was a thing of beauty. He is much stronger than most corners and can pull away from an arm tackle. He ran through two guys to the end zone on today's TD. I think it's important to keep Bowe involved. He's a happier player, blocks better, and just is more focused when he contributes. Picture of Bowe and Andy Reid:
http://i43.tinypic.com/64la88.jpg

6. Before getting in to more about the game itself, wanted to talk about half time. It was Ring of Honor Weekend, when all the alumni players come back and a new name goes into the Chiefs Hall of Fame Ring. This year's choice is Gary Barbaro. For those of you who aren't an old fart like yours truly, Barbaro was a safety from the late 1970s. He played during the dark ages, and was a dominant safety before Deron Cherry. Barbaro was from Louisiana, and was tall and lanky, and a tremendous hitter and ball hawk. He only played here for seven years before leaving for more money in the USFL -big mistake-, but while he was a Chief, he was a great player and three time Pro-Bowler. You can read about him here: http://tinyurl.com/kd9w86x.

Here's a picture of his induction at halftime, and his name being put on the ring of honor in Arrowhead:
http://i41.tinypic.com/16ixukp.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/308xmbq.jpg

5. Defense was ultimately the difference today, as they have been all September. Except for the bomb to Salsa Boy, they pitched a shutout. The Giants have scored 18 or less points in every game thus far, and holding guys like Nicks, and Cruz and Eli to seven was outstanding. DJ led in tackles with eight. Hali had two sacks, and whaaaaa..... Alan Bailey? Man, he flattened Eli on his sack. Houston was held in check today, but he was drawing a lot, and I mean a LOT of attention every time he blitzed. Except for the third degree burns on the bomb, Robinson filled in very well for Flowers today. Drawing Cruz was a tough assignment. Give him credit for holding him in check for the rest of the contest. The biggest tip of the cap is in this stat: Giants were 1-14 on third down. Now that's playing some stand up D. Picture of DJ and Jordan on the bench:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2u571it.jpg

4. The midget broke the game open. Yes, McMidget had his sports center moment return, a beautiful whirling 89 yard job that was the ghost of Dante Hall, come back alive and well on the Arrowhead turf. The stadium was hella-loud after that dagger, and you could just see the Giants deflate. Kudos to Colquitt as well. He took a shot in the right knee on his second punt, was gimping around on the sideline, went down into the locker room to get taped up or shot up, then came back out and punted fine and held on Suckie's 51 yard field goal. He sucked it up, proving that punters can be tough guys too.

3. I'm not sure what happened to Fisher as I didn't listen to the radio today, and I haven't watched the game playback yet. I think he had a concussion. Either he got slapped in the head or kicked in the head, but at the two minute warning before half, they ushered him down the stairs and he never came back. Stephenson did a great job filling in, and if anything may have played better at that spot. We're lucky to have guys like Stephenson and Schwartz, as in past years our backup O-Line has been piss poor to extra crappy. Kudos to GM Dorsey for building depth. Also kudos to "Duck Dynasty" McGrath for three things: One, getting his first NFL TD. Second, for catching five balls today, each catch was important. Third, for playing hurt. He got dinged in the knee and walked it off. I hope Fasano can come back soon, because we are running short of tight ends. Here's a shot of McGrath getting worked on by the docs:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2psf3pi.jpg

2. Andy Reid did something that may be overlooked, but in reality turned this game. With two minutes left in the third quarter, right before McCluster's punt return, he challenged the spot on a third down pass play. The ref's spotted the ball a half yard up from where it should have been placed. Andy had the stones to challenge, and the challenge was upheld. That gave the Giants fourth and one instead of a first down and driving with the fourth quarter coming, and only down by three. Instead, the Giants are forced to punt, and McCluster returns it 89 yards, KC goes up by ten. That my friends, that, is coaching making a difference. Andy also showed great stones to take three points off the board in the fourth quarter, which allowed the Chiefs to grind another three minutes off the clock before Charles' TD. It's always tough to take points off the board, but with this defense, it was a great move.

1. Finally, kudos to the KC fans. The stadium was in full throat again today. Red as Hell. Loud as Hell. Hell on Earth for Eli in the fourth quarter. The final score looks like a blowout, but the game was still a legit contest up until about six minutes left in the fourth. With our visitors coming today -Robert from New Jersey, and SCHO63 from Virginia- it was wonderful to give these long distance Chiefs fans the full Arrowhead Experience. I was proud of our crowd. It was a good day to be a Chief. Next weekend will be very interesting with Mizzou at Vandy, and the Chiefs at the Titan/Oilers. I'm sure a Tennessee roadie is in store for a bunch of you, and hopefully we can keep this train rolling into October.

BlackHelicopters
09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
As always, beautiful, George!

Easy 6
09-29-2013, 05:38 PM
I like #7 in particular, you really CANT key in on just one guy, Axl loves to spread the ball around, I love that about him.

And yes to keeping Bowe involved, you never know when he's gonna bust a tackle and take it home.

Thanks again, broham.

MMXcalibur
09-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Nitpicking, but the challenge by Reid was overturned, not upheld.
Again, great work and a pleasure to read.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 05:48 PM
pros:
- Liked everything... except

cons:
- now, what will I look forward to reading tomorrow?
- which INT of Smith's did you place blame on him for?

Coach
09-29-2013, 05:53 PM
I would also mention that KC Chiefs is pumping that they are wanting to retake the loudest stadium in the NFL on 10-13-2013. They were promoting that at Arrowhead.

Sounds like it's a good challenge. As for me, since I'm a STH, challenge accepted.

Discuss Thrower
09-29-2013, 05:53 PM
I was in the draft room today and you're all of a section over from me.

Prepare to bite the pillow

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 05:55 PM
pros:
- Liked everything... except

cons:
- now, what will I look forward to reading tomorrow?
- which INT of Smith's did you place blame on him for?

I think reading the NY Post tomorrow ought to be very entertaining.

The first one. The one that bounced off Charles' foot wasn't his fault.

the Talking Can
09-29-2013, 05:58 PM
such a complete win: special teams, offense, defense

defense continues to impress, i never felt we were in that much danger even as the offense struggled...and playing without flowers

don't know why, but the offense is balls in the 4th quarter, and Smith gets a lot of credit...i'll live with an int occasionally for more shots down field and more plays to bowe

did we miss fisher when he went out??

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 05:59 PM

Not to nitpick, but I just went back and watched the TV broadcast. And yeah, they did uphold the challenge. The ref even said "Philadelphia will not be charged a time out..." which was hilarious....

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
I think reading the NY Post tomorrow ought to be very entertaining.

The first one. The one that bounced off Charles' foot wasn't his fault.

Hmmm... I have heard the various assessments from CP on those INTs.

Me? I would have thought the 2nd one was more on Smith, as it was thrown behind JC and tough to reel in. (and very unlucky on the bouncy bounce)

The 1st, I felt was a timing throw, and Bowe allowed (or got yanked so) the CB could get in front of him. Can't wait to check that one out closely tomorrow.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3193/vikeslogo.gif

RINGLEADER
09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Was a great game (and even better to be at it!)... the only thing I'd add is that the team has a terrible habit of squandering great field position (I mean, they do it EVERY time since week one) while they become an unstoppable machine when they have to go 95 yards. Not sure what's up with that, but if they ever find a way to punch it in on short fields we'll be unstoppable.

The other thing I noticed was that we are an exceptional second half team. Everyone seems to play better across the board in the second half, and we're even better in the fourth quarter.

That one long TD was expected (figured we'd give up a few big plays), but Cooper shut it down after that. Even that one long TD pass shouldn't have counted considering how badly Hali was being held, but what's new.

And I second your kudos to McGrath...been playing great so far this year. We may end up getting very little out of our 2013 draft, but we HAVE picked up some good players.

RINGLEADER
09-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Hmmm... I have heard the various assessments from CP on those INTs.

Me? I would have thought the 2nd one was more on Smith, as it was thrown behind JC and tough to reel in. (and very unlucky on the bouncy bounce)

The 1st, I felt was a timing throw, and Bowe allowed (or got yanked so) the CB could get in front of him. Can't wait to check that one out closely tomorrow.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3193/vikeslogo.gif

I didn't think either was 100% Alex Smith's fault. The one to Bowe wasn't his fault at all.

The one to Charles could have been thrown better, but should have been caught. I say it's about 30% Smith's fault.

The one to Bowe was pretty much entirely Bowe's fault for letting the defender get inside his route. That should never, ever, ever happen and Smith throws that pass expecting his guy to get the inside leverage. That one wasn't Alex Smith's fault at all.

IMO.

Sandy Vagina
09-29-2013, 06:05 PM
I didn't think either was 100% Alex Smith's fault. The one to Bowe wasn't his fault at all.

The one to Charles could have been thrown better, but should have been caught. I say it's about 30% Smith's fault.

The one to Bowe was pretty much entirely Bowe's fault for letting the defender get inside his route. That should never, ever, ever happen and Smith throws that pass expecting his guy to get the inside leverage. That one wasn't Alex Smith's fault at all.

IMO.

yes, this sounds right to me. :thumb:

JENKINSWINS
09-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Not to nitpick, but I just went back and watched the TV broadcast. And yeah, they did uphold the challenge. The ref even said "Philadelphia will not be charged a time out..." which was hilarious....

Bwahahaha, I heard that too. The announcers even called the score wrong at the end of the game. They said it was 17 - 31.

milkman
09-29-2013, 06:10 PM

IMO.

As I've watched again (the Bowe pick), I have to agree.

MMXcalibur
09-29-2013, 06:10 PM

Oh, I was talking about upholding the ruling on the field.
My mistake then.

tecumseh
09-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Fantastic photos! I've only sat that close at an NFL game one time, Colts@Bears. Always a great pleasure to read your posts on the game. For me, once Thursday rolls around I start getting excited about the Chiefs Sunday matchup , just start grinning ear to ear knowing we have a competitive team that plays with alot of heart and great coaching. A home game week is beyond looking forward to. A strong win at home today. I'll be wearing Chiefs gear all week.

Red Beans
09-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Bravo George. Good shit.

dallaschiefsfan
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Regarding #5, wasn't it Cooper that held them in check the rest of the day, not Robinson?

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Regarding #5, wasn't it Cooper that held them in check the rest of the day, not Robinson?

Both guys, they rotated around.

Mojo Jojo
FYI...Barbaro left the Chiefs for the USFL...NJ Generals...not the WFL.

petegz28
GBLow, you left out what I thought was one of the most impressive things about the game...

the 98 yard TD drive!

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM
FYI...Barbaro left the Chiefs for the USFL...NJ Generals...not the WFL.

Right you are, duly noted and fixed. He played against King Carl's Philadelphia Stars!

Ace Gunner
09-29-2013, 06:47 PM

IMO.

Ya, Smiff had a few balls sail on him today, but the INT's were well thrown passes.

Jamaal had a bad day as a receiver imo. he dropped 3 balls that were right there.

milkman
09-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Good catch.
I overlooked that.

RINGLEADER
09-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Oh, I was talking about upholding the ruling on the field.
My mistake then.

They did uphold one and never took our TO away.

cabletech94
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM
always a pleasure to read, thanks sir!!

2 things:

1. you've either got a fantastic camara,

2. or you've got fantastic seats!!! can i call dibs for when you die/give them up ;)

carry on!!!

Marcellus
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Great read George!

Bwana
09-29-2013, 06:56 PM
You sir, are a wordsmith, thanks for keeping this up every week.

RINGLEADER
09-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Ya, Smiff had a few balls sail on him today, but the INT's were well thrown passes.

Jamaal had a bad day as a receiver imo. he dropped 3 balls that were right there.

Combined with Avery's 5-6 drops those two accounted for about half of the incomplete passes.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-29-2013, 07:07 PM
In terms of the picture of Bowe and Reid....how the hell does Knile Davis find pants that fit him? DAMN that dude has some tree trunk legs!! Looks like Poe from the waist down.

BossChief
09-29-2013, 07:11 PM
I agree with everything except the part about Dunta Robinson.

That guy can't cover a statue.

DenverChief
09-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Cooper should get more credit for shutting down Cruz the rest of the game - I don't think Robinson matched up against him after that TD

Deberg_1990
09-29-2013, 07:25 PM
6. Before getting in to more about the game itself, wanted to talk about half time. It was Ring of Honor Weekend, when all the alumni players come back and a new name goes into the Chiefs Hall of Fame Ring. This year's choice is Gary Barbaro. For those of you who aren't an old fart like yours truly, Barbaro was a safety from the late 1970s. He played during the dark ages, and was a dominant safety before Deron Cherry. Barbaro was from Louisiana, and was tall and lanky, and a tremendous hitter and ball hawk. He only played here for seven years before leaving for more money in the USFL -big mistake-, but while he was a Chief, he was a great player and three time Pro-Bowler. You can read about him here: http://tinyurl.com/kd9w86x.

Here's a picture of his induction at halftime, and his name being put on the ring of honor in Arrowhead:
http://i41.tinypic.com/16ixukp.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/308xmbq.jpg

Heh, I wonder how many fans today were thinking...."who is he?" That truly was the Chiefs Chiefs dark ages. I barely remember him, but I was young....

2. Andy Reid did something that may be overlooked, but in reality turned this game. With two minutes left in the third quarter, right before McCluster's punt return, he challenged the spot on a third down pass play. The ref's spotted the ball a half yard up from where it should have been placed. Andy had the stones to challenge, and the challenge was upheld. That gave the Giants fourth and one instead of a first down and driving with the fourth quarter coming, and only down by three. Instead, the Giants are forced to punt, and McCluster returns it 89 yards, KC goes up by ten. That my friends, that, is coaching making a difference. Andy also showed great stones to take three points off the board in the fourth quarter, which allowed the Chiefs to grind another three minutes off the clock before Charles' TD. It's always tough to take points off the board, but with this defense, it was a great move.

Agree 100%. Ended up being the turning point of the game, because Dex scored after that.

It was a horrendous spot by the refs. Sometimes I really question the menality of these guys. Early in the game they were calling a bunch of ticky tack penalties on both sides.

Hoover
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Barbaro's Hair > Clark's Hair. Just saying.

TEX
09-29-2013, 07:30 PM
I missed the all RED uniforms. Was it just for the home opener?

2bikemike
09-29-2013, 07:32 PM
I agree with everything except the part about Dunta Robinson.

That guy can't cover a statue.

Robinson may have got burned anyway but Cruz clearly pushed him to get that much separation. I didn't catch it live but I saw it on the replay.

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Flowers was on the sidelines in a white t-shirt today. He looks like a really small guy without his pads on. Hope he's back next week, we really need him back in there.

gblowfish
09-29-2013, 07:42 PM
NY Post call the Giants effort "Rancid." Gotta Love the NY Press:
http://nypost.com/2013/09/29/season-all-but-over-for-giants-after-fourth-straight-loss/

Urc Burry
09-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I missed the all RED uniforms. Was it just for the home opener?

I think your allowed to wear alternates like twice a year? Not for sure though

luv
09-29-2013, 08:03 PM
We still had all three timeouts at the 2 minute warning in the first half.

Couple of our group have front row seats in "Bowe's Corner". After the game the got pictures with Bowe and Sean Smih when they jumped into the stands. Riley, 14 years old, ended up with one of Smith's gloves.

Waking up at 2:30 to leave town at 3:30 to be there for the early open at 6:30 was so worth it.

I hope we're able to take back the title of loudest stadium on 10/13!

TLO
09-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Great read, and awesome pictures!

Mr. Laz
09-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I like the kitty. :redface:

tonyetony
09-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks G

Cornstock
09-29-2013, 10:02 PM
I would also mention that KC Chiefs is pumping that they are wanting to retake the loudest stadium in the NFL on 10-13-2013. They were promoting that at Arrowhead.

Sounds like it's a good challenge. As for me, since I'm a STH, challenge accepted.

As a non-season ticket holder, I'm really glad I got my tickets to that game before now. Tickets are about to get steeep.

mcaj22
09-29-2013, 10:06 PM
i cant believe how many Giants fans are blaming Eli and want him gone

they have no idea what it's like to have a really bad QB or bust out on some retread.

Phobia
09-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Bwahahaha, I heard that too. The announcers even called the score wrong at the end of the game. They said it was 17 - 31.

They also called Berry Aaron Berry after his fumble recovery.

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:12 PM

Precisely ! Robinson has no speed whatsoever and why Sutton thought he could even compete with Cruz one-on-one was a huge oversight IMO. But maybe he was to have over the top help at all times today and maybe the safety got sucked in. But regardless I will feel much more comfortable if he were on the sideline most of the game. I get filling in for Flowers and the depth and experience thing with Robinson but I am not a fan and wasn't a fan when we signed him.

But I do think we have found a good CB in Cooper ! KUDOS KID !!!:clap:

Ragged Robin
09-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Who's our WR coach? The emphasis right now should be HOLDING ONTO THE GOD DAMN BALL. After this game, Alex is now a sub-90QBR passer.

Precisely ! Robinson has no speed whatsoever and why Sutton thought he could even compete with Cruz one-on-one was a huge oversight IMO. But maybe he was to have over the top help at all times today and maybe the safety got sucked in. But regardless I will feel much more comfortable if he were on the sideline most of the game. I get filling in for Flowers and the depth and experience thing with Robinson but I am not a fan and wasn't a fan when we signed him.

But I do think we have found a good CB in Cooper ! KUDOS KID !!!:clap:

Sutton didn't think that. It was 2-deep man on that play but Berry bit on the TE hitch and let Cruz run right by. Dunta got burned but Berry was supposed to help him over the top AND Cruz gave him a push off like 20 yards down field..

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:22 PM

they have no idea what it's like to have a really bad QB or bust out on some retread.

They are spoiled. Giants O-line was duct taped together not giving Manning anytime and going against a very hot D in Arrowhead is not a good combination. After Cruz caught that deep TD throw by Manning I thought "here we go" but interestingly enough as good as Cruz's stats were today I thought they could have been even better had Gilbride called a better game.

Rasputin
09-29-2013, 11:22 PM
I know this is a close contest than what the score showed with late scores in the fourth quarter to break the game open. The score looks damn good on paper and headlines :D That is where we can get an intimidation factor teams don't need to know we struggled most of the game to get points what matters is the final score was lopsided in our favor and teams can look at that and go damn we don't want to play Kansas City Chiefs anymore.

Beef Supreme
09-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I know this is a close contest than what the score showed with late scores in the fourth quarter to break the game open. The score looks damn good on paper and headlines :D That is where we can get an intimidation factor teams don't need to know we struggled most of the game to get points what matters is the final score was lopsided in our favor and teams can look at that and go damn we don't want to play Kansas City Chiefs anymore.

They might watch the film.

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Who's our WR coach? The emphasis right now should be HOLDING ONTO THE GOD DAMN BALL. After this game, Alex is now a sub-90QBR passer.

Sutton didn't think that. It was 2-deep man on that play but Berry bit on the TE hitch and let Cruz run right by. Dunta got burned but Berry was supposed to help him over the top AND Cruz gave him a push off like 20 yards down field..

Regardless Robinson has no business playing corner or matched up on extremely fast guys even with safety help. Cooper should have started this game and I damn guarantee you even with Berry taking the bait Cooper still makes it competitive.

Yes I agree with our WRs who need to hold on to the ball.:shake:

Phobia
09-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Cooper did start.

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:32 PM
They might watch the film.

Precisely. And I damn guarantee the Broncos are not afraid of Alex Smith lighting them up nor is any other team in the NFL. We still can't run the ball and if we are going to play well against the better teams we will have to keep their O on the sidelines with sustained drives and I don't think at this point we can do that against the better teams especially the Broncos even without Miller,Bailey etc...

Just saying.

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Cooper did start.

Robinson didn't start in place of Flowers ?

Beef Supreme
09-29-2013, 11:34 PM
They started in a dime package, I believe.

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:35 PM
They started in a dime package, I believe.

Got it.:hmmm:

Eleazar
09-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Nice to see the seats full again.

Coach
09-29-2013, 11:37 PM

Except for the gold areas. It's still a eye sore.

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Coughlin must not have taken them bowling this last week.:D

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Except for the gold areas. It's still a eye sore.

Country club fans ?

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 06:16 AM
You can see the KC Star's game pictures here:
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/29/4518501/chiefs-31-giants-7.html

On the front page of the KC paper this AM, there's a picture of Dexter McCluster after the game. A bunch of people are reaching over the rail to high five him. The two guys on the left are Robert the visiting fan and my pal Mr. Doggity, who came down after the game to take Robert to the airport. Mrs. Blowfish and me are just to Mr. Doggity's right, and didn't make the picture. You can see Robert in his Priest Holmes Jersey and NY Giants hat -he has the hat on backwards.

vailpass
09-30-2013, 06:25 AM
How can you be a fan of two teams?

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Knock Knock....
http://i44.tinypic.com/x1nn1l.jpg

BlackHelicopters
09-30-2013, 06:42 AM

The gold seats were an embarrassment

Dartgod
09-30-2013, 07:09 AM
Knock Knock....

ROFL :clap:

Ace Gunner
09-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Knock Knock....

too cute :D

dallaschiefsfan
09-30-2013, 07:53 AM
The gold seats were an embarrassment

They should make a rule...if they're unoccupied for more than 20 minutes, we let the commoners and homeless into the stadium to occupy them.

Would probably be better just to make them Red. If they want some gold...make the first 5 rows or so gold on the top and bottom levels.

Fairplay
09-30-2013, 08:25 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/e625nn.jpg

What'cha talking about Willis?

Fairplay
09-30-2013, 08:30 AM
They should make a rule...if they're unoccupied for more than 20 minutes, we let the commoners and homeless into the stadium to occupy them.

Use store dummies to fill in the seats or BYOB (blow-up doll) to fill them in.

Buehler445
09-30-2013, 08:42 AM

LOLZ I think Palko is still available.

Really, Manning is the only idiot trying to win. He's taking risky shots because he knows his team isn't worth a half a fuck, so he knows that's their only shot.

He's not the QB Peyton is, but he is damn good. Far better than those pole smokers deserve.

When's the last time we opened a can on somebody in the 4th to put it away?

I honestly don't remember.

Had to be when Vermeil was here.

Goddamn being a Chiefs fan has sucked balls. :banghead:

Easy 6
09-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Knock Knock....

ROFL AWESOME

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 08:51 AM
I had a chance to re-watch the game on the DVR before going to bed last night. A couple other things came to mind.

You guys are right about Cooper in pass coverage. I usually listen to Mitch and Len during the game, but forgot to take my radio in with me yesterday. The Chiefs run sub packages in a lot, and sometimes from my seats, because they're low to the field, it's hard to see who is in coverage on who. They rotated Robinson and Cooper on Cruz the first half, but in the second half they used Cooper primarily, and they did a good job keeping Cruz from being more of the factor. Dude still got 160 plus yards in receiving, so he had a good day, but no more point damage after the bomb in the second quarter.

Brandon Albert is getting penalized a lot. He had a couple more holding penalties. I haven't seen a breakdown of who's been penalized for what during the first four games, but I'd be willing to bet you Albert has more penalty yards from the tackle position than Fisher does.

Stephenson had a really stupid chop block penalty in the fourth quarter. This is right after Andy Reid took Succop's 51 yard field goal off the board, and took a procedure penalty from NY to get a first down and keep driving. Stephenson's gaffe could have kept KC out of field goal range. But Smith hit Brock down the seam for a first down, kept the drive moving, and eventually Charles caught his TD pass. But that was a really bad time for a penalty in that situation. We were lucky to overcome it.

Fescoe had an interesting stat on the defense. The Chiefs had three turnovers yesterday. What did the Giants do with those three turnovers? They made six total yards and punted three times.

That's good defense in a capsule.

Direckshun
09-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Can you describe the spirit of the team on the sideline?

How the offense's body language when the defense was on the field, and vice versa?

Buehler445
09-30-2013, 09:01 AM

Fescoe had an interesting stat on the defense. The Chiefs had three turnovers yesterday. What did the Giants do with those three turnovers? They made six total yards and punted three times.

That's good defense in a capsule.

Alex Smith in the 4th quarter was really REALLY good. I thought that Stephenson penalty was going to be a game changer. Smith did what elite QBs are supposed to do. Find a way. That's a lot different than down by 5 with :40 on the clock and 80 yards to go, but still. That was excellent.

As to the stat listed above, HOLY SHIT. That is real. I hadn't heard those numbers. Thanks.

Smith needs to take the defense out for a steak dinner.

Old Dog
09-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Another great writeup George. Thank you.

Discuss Thrower
09-30-2013, 09:03 AM

How the offense's body language when the defense was on the field, and vice versa?

From my vantage point they seemed pretty focused on the play on the field and are either getting coached on the sideline or resting between series.. Or at least the defense looks that way given that I sit on their side of the bench.

The funniest moment to me was when Chad Hall realized he was supposed to be on kickoff coverage just as the unit broke the huddle. I thought Toub was going to chew his ass and replace him a la high school coaching but sure enough the long haired hobbit got off the bench and to the opposite side of the field before anything else happened.

HemiEd
09-30-2013, 09:15 AM

:spock: On the spot challenge, Reid won it. They had spotted the ball that would have given NY a first down, and they ended up having to punt.

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Better than last year, I can tell you that.
The players sit in a line on several benches, and sit by position groups. Starting from the West End, it goes: offensive line, offensive skill (receivers and running backs) the defensive backs, linebackers, and on the final bench on the East End, the Defensive Line. I've noticed this year that the position groups talk a lot more amongst themselves during the course of the game then they did last year. It seems like everyone is trying to help everyone else in their position group, and that's a good thing. The players all seem to genuinely like one another.

It's been pretty good. There doesn't seem to be a "us and them" thing between the two. I noticed that Alex Smith went over and talked to Bowe after the first pick to calm Bowe down and keep him positive. Bowe is a very emotional player, and sometimes gets too up or down. Albert has been the leader of the offensive line. The defensive backs always study the pre snap pictures that come down from the crow's nest. The QBs always get together with the QB coach to look at those same crow's nest photos to see tendencies on coverage at the snap and such. Defense looked a little tired going into the fourth quarter yesterday, so it was a good thing the offense ground the ball for the majority of the fourth. Giants D had to be gassed by the end. They were on the field a lot yesterday, and had a lot of injuries too.

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Another thing I noticed yesterday: The Pioli era "Matrix Looking CIA Secret Police" guys, giving fans the stink eye, are missing from the sideline this year. Maybe GM Dorsey told them to tone it down and blend in more? There's cops and general stadium security guys as always, but you don't see the secret police looking bald headed wanks in suits, sunglasses and ear pieces. Dorsey is a smart guy. If he made that change, good for him.

Discuss Thrower
09-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Another thing I noticed yesterday: The Pioli era "Matrix Looking CIA Secret Police" guys, giving fans the stink eye, are missing from the sideline this year. Maybe GM Dorsey told them to tone it down and blend in more? There's cops and general stadium security guys as always, but you don't see the secret police looking bald headed wanks in suits, sunglasses and ear pieces. Dorsey is a smart guy. If he made that change, good for him.

Thought I noticed one of these types in a red golf / dry-fit shirt and slacks on the defensive side of the bench but I think he might have been following the wolf around.

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Thought I noticed one of these types in a red golf / dry-fit shirt and slacks on the defensive side of the bench but I think he might have been following the wolf around.
I'm sure they still have guys tasked for extra security, they're just less obvious now, which is a good thing. Pioli's guys looked like the damn Secret Police. That must be the "Patriot Way."

smittysbar
09-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Great read, enjoy it every week.

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Good to see we were able to support our team and not have to play nice with/feel sorry for the Giants.

bogey
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm curious... the play where Reid accepted the penalty that took away the field goal. Is that a decision that most would make?

Phobia
09-30-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm curious... the play where Reid accepted the penalty that took away the field goal. Is that a decision that most would make?

With a chance to put the nail in their coffin? With the way the defense was shutting them down. Absolutely.

With a Dick Vermeil defense? Absolutely not.

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 11:03 AM
When I was watching the national broadcast on Fox, their announcers were soooooo pro New York. You could tell they were pandering to the big media market. The color guy was John Lynch, a former donk who hates us.

At halftime they had us beat. NY was getting the ball first after the half, and they'd surely turn the game then.

They didn't start giving KC any props until the middle of the fourth quarter when we started to pull away. Even then, they were making excuses for the blowout. Injuries, and we make a lot of noise where they can't hear Eli audible, y'know....

Phobia
09-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Am I still the only person that heard them call Eric Berry "Aaron Berry"?

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 11:09 AM

It was a weird call, the Giants had an unbalanced line, 7 guys to the left of the center, on Suckie's FG attempt. You can only have six guys per side of the center. It was fourth and four, and the FG was good from 51 yards. Tough call, but it worked out because a) we went up by 7 instead of 3 on the Charles TD; and b) we ran an extra 3 minutes off the clock in the fourth quarter. That drive was basically the kill shot. Bowe's TD was icing.

bogey
09-30-2013, 11:11 AM
With a chance to put the nail in their coffin? With the way the defense was shutting them down. Absolutely.

With a Dick Vermeil defense? Absolutely not.

So based on who we are and where we were in the game, most would make that same decision. In hind sight, it was a great decision. At the time, (the field goal put us 2 touchdowns ahead) I didn't think it was a very good call. But, now I know... if I find myself in that position, I'm going to take the penalty too.

bogey
09-30-2013, 11:13 AM
It was a weird call, the Giants had an unbalanced line, 7 guys to the right of the center, on Suckie's FG attempt. You can only have six guys per side of the center. It was fourth and four, and the FG was good from 51 yards. Tough call, but it worked out because a) we went up by 7 instead of 3 on the Charles TD; and b) we ran an extra 3 minutes off the clock in the fourth quarter. That drive was basically the kill shot. Bowe's TD was icing.

Yep. It certainly worked out. Right now, the football Gods are liking the Chiefs. So much fun!!

Phobia
09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
So based on who we are and where we were in the game, most would make that same decision. In hind sight, it was a great decision. At the time, (the field goal put us 2 touchdowns ahead) I didn't think it was a very good call. But, now I know... if I find myself in that position, I'm going to take the penalty too.

I wouldn't have been upset if they kept the points but the clock was a bigger factor at that point.

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 11:17 AM
When I was watching the national broadcast on Fox, their announcers were soooooo pro New York. You could tell they were pandering to the big media market. The color guy was John Lynch, a former donk who hates us.

At halftime they had us beat. NY was getting the ball first after the half, and they'd surely turn the game then.

They didn't start giving KC any props until the middle of the fourth quarter when we started to pull away. Even then, they were making excuses for the blowout. Injuries, and we make a lot of noise where they can't hear Eli audible, y'know....

LOL, the east coast media bias is pretty much the worst thing on the planet! And their love for NY is simply a joke!

bogey
09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
It was a weird call, the Giants had an unbalanced line, 7 guys to the left of the center, on Suckie's FG attempt. You can only have six guys per side of the center. It was fourth and four, and the FG was good from 51 yards. Tough call, but it worked out because a) we went up by 7 instead of 3 on the Charles TD; and b) we ran an extra 3 minutes off the clock in the fourth quarter. That drive was basically the kill shot. Bowe's TD was icing.

By the way, I really enjoy your post game posts. You're a very good writer. I'm probably the last to know this, but do you write for a living?

Phobia
09-30-2013, 11:24 AM
By the way, I really enjoy your post game posts. You're a very good writer. I'm probably the last to know this, but do you write for a living?

IIRC George was a media major who got out of media a long time ago.

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 11:34 AM
IIRC George was a media major who got out of media a long time ago.

Ah, that explains a lot. Good for him. I was not a media major and my writing is living proof of that fact!

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 11:58 AM
My first professional writing job was writing radio commercials for an easy listening radio station in 1982.

Our first ad buying customer was a Pharmacy called Bartel's Pharmacy in Columbia, MO. Mr. Bartel was somewhere between 70 and 800 years old. So I call him up to ask him what he wants to talk about with his newly purchased air time. He says:

"I was up all night thinking about this. I want to run a December special on suppositories, adult diapers and ostomy care supplies. Now write me something snappy!"

I knew at that moment I had made a serious vocational error....

bogey
09-30-2013, 12:17 PM
My first professional writing job was writing radio commercials for an easy listening radio station in 1982.

Our first ad buying customer was a Pharmacy called Bartel's Pharmacy in Columbia, MO. Mr. Bartel was somewhere between 70 and 800 years old. So I call him up to ask him what he wants to talk about with his newly purchased air time. He says:

"I was up all night thinking about this. I want to run a December special on suppositories, adult diapers and ostomy care supplies. Now write me something snappy!"

Well, I hope you're still in the writing game.

Buehler445
09-30-2013, 12:19 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

GloryDayz
09-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Bartel as in the Scout reservation "Bartel"?

gblowfish
09-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Dunno, I was never in Scouts, and Mr. Bartel's got to be long dead, probably 20 years or more. I don't think his business exists any more. Probably got killed by Wal Mart.

bogey
09-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Dunno, I was never in Scouts, and Mr. Bartel's got to be long dead, probably 20 years or more. I don't think his business exists any more. Probably got killed by Wal Mart.

"suppositories, adult diapers and ostomy care supplies"

I suspect what killed him is the passing of his customer base.

lcarus
09-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Absolutely you take that penalty. Not only can you shave more precious time off that clock, but you can make it a 3 possession lead instead of 2. Worst case scenario, we shave a couple more minutes off and kick a shorter FG. I guess that isn't the WORST case scenario, but the most likely worst case scenario, considering this team just doesn't turn it over a lot.

TimeForWasp
09-30-2013, 01:46 PM
You can see the KC Star's game pictures here:
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/09/29/4518501/chiefs-31-giants-7.html

On the front page of the KC paper this AM, there's a picture of Dexter McCluster after the game. A bunch of people are reaching over the rail to high five him. The two guys on the left are Robert the visiting fan and my pal Mr. Doggity, who came down after the game to take Robert to the airport. Mrs. Blowfish and me are just to Mr. Doggity's right, and didn't make the picture. You can see Robert in his Priest Holmes Jersey and NY Giants hat -he has the hat on backwards.

cool

scho63
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. It was a great day to be a Chiefs fan. Also, I met up with our fellow CPer SCHO63
Just wanted to thank you once again GBlowfish. It was a pleasure to meet you, your wife, Mr Doggity and another "Rob from NJ". You guys got two of us in one day.

9. My thought going in was that this game would be close.
Me too, as I never like playing desperate teams and we have always had a very tough time with the Giants.

8. A lot of the stats are similar: But the Chiefs owned time of possession: 36 to 24 minutes.
Take away the bomb to Cruz and the Giants offense was horrible and our D was excellent.

7. Alex Smith continues to be our second leading rusher. He had 37 yards on seven carries. He seems to pick his spots well, has good field vision and -most importantly- knows when to go down (I mean that in the most positive way...) Most important, Charles seems to still have some steam in the fourth quarter. This is the third time Smith has spread the ball to seven different receivers. That's a trademark of this offense. You can't key on just one guy. Nice to see Bowe get into the act as well. I think it's important to keep Bowe involved. He's a happier player, blocks better, and just is more focused when he contributes.
Agree with everything here. :clap:

6. It was Ring of Honor Weekend, when all the alumni players come back and a new name goes into the Chiefs Hall of Fame Ring. This year's choice is Gary Barbaro.
I didn't know anything about this and it was really another extra special moment for my first time at Arrowhead. When I came down the ramp at Gate D at game time and saw all the former Chiefs players signing autographs, it was really cool. Took a photo of Nick Lowery and also stood next to Barbaro as he was signing next to the ring of honor just before I met you and your entourage in the Draft Room. Photo of Lowery follows.

5. Defense was ultimately the difference today, as they have been all September. Except for the bomb to Salsa Boy, they pitched a shutout. Giants were 1-14 on third down.
Even more telling, the Giants were 0-8 in the second half converting third downs! A big fat Zero! :eek: That's unbelievable with Eli Manning and his core of receivers.

4. The midget broke the game open. Yes, McMidget had his sports center moment return. Kudos to Colquitt as well.
Let's not forget the great challenge by Andy Reid. It was easy to see he didn't make it from our seats. That punt return was an exciting moment and the crowd went beserk, including myself. I took a photo of McCluster coming off after the TD as well as Colquitt trying to work off the injury. More photos follow

3. Fisher had a concussion. Kudos to GM Dorsey for building depth. Also kudos to "Duck Dynasty" McGrathI hope Fasano can come back soon, because we are running short of tight ends.
Yes, Yes, and Yes. We are also starting to get a little more banged up with guys and injuries. That's the downside of playing so hard. Fisher is off to a very bad start as the #1 draft pick

2. Andy also showed great stones to take three points off the board in the fourth quarter, which allowed the Chiefs to grind another three minutes off the clock before Charles' TD. It's always tough to take points off the board, but with this defense, it was a great move.
All the fans I was sitting with including myself were all skeptical on this move, :hmmm:, especially after the stupid hold dropped us back 15 and out of FG range. Thank God for the Alex Smith to McGrath pass-that saved the day!

1. Finally, kudos to the KC fans. The stadium was in full throat again today. Red as Hell. Loud as Hell. Hell on Earth for Eli in the fourth quarter.With our visitors coming today -SCHO63 from Virginia- it was wonderful to give these long distance Chiefs fans the full Arrowhead Experience.
It was one of the loudest moments I can recall in a stadium but I was still shocked with so many empty seats, especially the gold level. Several Giants fans made the same comments and couldn't understand why the they made those seats gold because they stand out like a sore thumb. I had about 50 Ginats fans staying at my hotel.
My seat in the front row directly at the 25 yd line next to the replay booth was awesome! I even got to banter a little with bitchy Erin Andrews.

Well George, meeting you and the entourage was just another part of my great first weekend ever in Kansas City and Arrowhead.

I arrived in the parking lot at 8:30 and walked the entire parking lot, both sides for 3 hours. It was cool to see all the tailgating and talk to so many fans.

In a bit of irony, I unexpectedly met one of my former little league teammates and high school classmate from New Jersey, who was with a group of traveling Giants fans, and tailgated with them for 45 minutes before I met GBlowfish.

I got so overcome with emotion when the Chiefs came out of the tunnel at the start of the game that I got teary eyed and weepy, forcing me to put my sunglasses on so no one would see me balling like a baby. I waited 43 years to see the Chiefs at Arrowhead and it was everything and more I expected to be.

Clark Hunt was next to me in the parking lot in a golf cart with his security detail, going to meet a group of private tailgaters.

I saw the Budweiser Clydesdales ride around the stadium.

I saw the Chief's cheerleader and Warpaint riding around the lot next to us

I stayed at the Hotel Phillips for only a $100 a night-(Gblowfish recommendation :clap:)

I ate at Jack Stack's in the Country Club Plaza-(very disappointing :harumph:)

I bought cigars at Diebel's

I went to the Kansas City Zoo on Monday and it is an impressive place and incredibly big! I must have walked 6-7 miles in 3 hours

I drank in the Power and Light district at a beer festival

The only downside was I wanted to visit the WWI Museum and Negro Baseball Museum then hit Gates BBQ for lunch but all the museums were closed and it took so long to walk the zoo that I had no time for Gates. I'll save that for next time!

Overall a truly great extended weekend in Kansas City and I will be back again for another Chiefs game!!!

Thanks as always George...

Baby Lee
10-01-2013, 07:28 AM
:spock: On the spot challenge, Reid won it. They had spotted the ball that would have given NY a first down, and they ended up having to punt.

Pssst, the call was overturned following Reid's challenge.

Baby Lee
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM

When you get a first down in the process? Always, IMO.

When offered a first down and yardage advancement following a FG, it seems to me that your thought process should be 'if we had a first down at our new position by other means, would I attempt a FG on that down and distance?'

Of course not, unless you are in OT and it's a gimme FG.

Sandy Vagina
10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Wanted to make a small observation as I watch the game again (2nd re-watch).

On the pass play that Charles never turns for the dump pass... 2nd quarter... 9:36.

I remember people being upset that Smith didn't throw to Bowe on that out and up double move vs CB Ross along the sideline.

Reality is? It wasn't going to happen. #58 blitzed the A gap and while Sherman met him in the backfield, there was no pocket to step up and make that deep sideline throw.

I had no idea why JC didn't turn to look for the ball, lolz... wtf? As I watch it again, JC just had no awareness that his QB was under duress.. so he didn't expect to be a relief option for another second or so.

Baby Lee
10-01-2013, 07:34 AM

H. Roe Bartle.

So no.

Spoiler for those bored by Boy Scout shit

Bartle's son was one of my scoutmasters, and his grandson and I were in the same Mic-O-Say induction class

Earthling
10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Great read...Thanks. :clap::clap:

GloryDayz
10-01-2013, 08:24 AM
H. Roe Bartle.

So no.

Spoiler for those bored by Boy Scout shit

Bartle's son was one of my scoutmasters, and his grandson and I were in the same Mic-O-Say induction class

Good point...

gblowfish
10-01-2013, 08:29 AM
The thing about the yellow seats is, they belong to the rich bastards who are up in the glassed in suite at the top of the seat section. Instead of coming outside and sitting with the unwashed masses, they prefer to sip scotch, trade business cards and sniff each other. They're not going to yell and make noise anyway. People who sit there are the wine and cheesers. They come to the game because its a "networking opportunity." So screw them, and don't even worry about the gold section. They don't contribute to anything except Clark's bank account.

GloryDayz
10-01-2013, 08:59 AM
The thing about the yellow seats is, they belong to the rich bastards who are up in the glassed in suite at the top of the seat section. Instead of coming outside and sitting with the unwashed masses, they prefer to sip scotch, trade business cards and sniff each other. They're not going to yell and make noise anyway. People who sit there are the wine and cheesers. They come to the game because its a "networking opportunity." So screw them, and don't even worry about the gold section. They don't contribute to anything except Clark's bank account.

Too bad you can't shoot them!

Dartgod
10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Too bad you can't shoot them!

Yep and if you just wing them, they'll scream in pain contributing to the noise level.

Just don't shoot them when we are on offense.

chefsos
10-01-2013, 12:09 PM
The thing about the yellow seats is, they belong to the rich bastards who are up in the glassed in suite at the top of the seat section. Instead of coming outside and sitting with the unwashed masses, they prefer to sip scotch, trade business cards and sniff each other. They're not going to yell and make noise anyway. People who sit there are the wine and cheesers. They come to the game because its a "networking opportunity." So screw them, and don't even worry about the gold section. They don't contribute to anything except Clark's bank account.Perhaps, then, they should have installed little tables with little umbrellas out there instead of rows of seats no one will use.

gblowfish
10-01-2013, 12:22 PM
The gold section is like Arrowhead's version of a "gated community." The people in the suites are corporate weasles and their families. They don't want to interact with you. They don't want to sit next to you. They don't care about you. They only want to sit next to, interact with, and care about people who can do something to help their career, business, or both. They certainly aren't going to sit outside if its too hot, or too cold, or too moist, and they're not going to yell. That's uncouth. Most of them leave by the start of the fourth quarter, because they're too cheap to pay their illegal alien babysitter an extra $1 an hour if they come home late. Personally, I think they should just glass in the entire section like a press box. That way, they're totally insulated from the actual Chiefs fans, and we don't have to look at their sorry ass empty seats.

chefsos
10-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm getting this image of people rappelling down from the upper deck into the gold seats while a horrified but calm man, likely wearing a monocle, locks the glass door to the suite and draws the shade.

"How revolting."

gblowfish
10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm getting this image of people rappelling down from the upper deck into the gold seats while a horrified but calm man, likely wearing a monocle, locks the glass door to the suite and draws the shade.

"How revolting."

"Your highness, the peasants are revolting!"
"You know, they really ARE. Somebody close those shutters."

"But your highness, they're calling for your HEAD!"
"NO WAY...I don't even KNOW them!"