PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Now that we are 4 weeks in

DenverChief
09-29-2013, 11:39 PM
and 4-0, how do you see the rest of our schedule going into the bye week shaking out?

@ TEN
VS OAK
VS HOU
VS CLE
@BUF

Realistically I think we could easily be 7-2 - plausibly 9-0

Discuss

notorious
09-29-2013, 11:41 PM
0-5

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2013, 11:42 PM
All winnable games. Our D is just strong.

Mav
09-29-2013, 11:49 PM
All winnable games. Our D is just strong.

The Cleveland game, is going to be a LOT OF FUN TO WATCH.

Those are two very good defenses that will be hitting each other......

Chiefshrink
09-29-2013, 11:51 PM
The Cleveland game, is going to be a LOT OF FUN TO WATCH.

Those are two very good defenses that will be hitting each other......

Josh Gordon against who you think ?

Eleazar
09-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Houston is a question mark, but I expect us to win the other 4. We're better than those teams.

MMXcalibur
09-29-2013, 11:58 PM
I expect 4-1.
We lose to Houston, and even then, it's looking more and more winnable as the season progresses.

Jerm
09-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Honestly we should be 9-0 but I expect a slip up...maybe at Buffalo?

Houston doesn't scare me a bit.

cosmo20002
09-30-2013, 12:37 AM
and 4-0, how do you see the rest of our schedule going into the bye week shaking out?

@ TEN
VS OAK
VS HOU
VS CLE
@BUF

Realistically I think we could easily be 7-2 - plausibly 9-0

Discuss

They're all very winnable. At Tenn might be tough, but they lost their starting QB today and will probably be using the backup next week.

Direckshun
09-30-2013, 12:41 AM
We should be reasonably satisfied with 7-2, but it should be 8-1 or better.

BossChief
09-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Wouldn't it be crazy to be 9-0 and an extra week to prepare for Denver?

2bikemike
09-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Before the Season Started I was way more worried about the stretch we just went through. I figured we would be 1-3 or maybe with luck 2-2. None of the next 5 games really concern me. I do think we may find one or two of those up coming games to gives us fits. It will probably be one we least expect.

Jerm
09-30-2013, 12:51 AM

The hype would be awesome and insane...gotta think Denver would be undefeated as well.

When does the schedule flexing start? Would that game be too soon?

Direckshun
09-30-2013, 01:17 AM

Fuck yes, buddy.

9-0 Chiefs come to town to ruin the 9-0 Broncos.

Gotta love that shit.

Red Dawg
09-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Dallas needs to man up and beat Denver next week. They won't but need to.

CupidStunt
09-30-2013, 06:16 AM
7-2 would be fine, 8-1 would be great, 9-0 would be unreal.

6-3 or worse would be a disappointment. Not soul-destroying but pretty bad I think. We're at the point as a team now where, even though teams like the Browns and Bills have some upside and can be competitive, we need to beat the dogshit out of them, and to lose is simply unacceptable.

vailpass
09-30-2013, 06:17 AM
**** yes, buddy.

9-0 Chiefs come to town to ruin the 9-0 Broncos.

Gotta love that shit.

Should be a good one...careful what you wish for though.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2013, 06:21 AM
Should be a good one...careful what you wish for though.

Not many here are scared of denver

vailpass
09-30-2013, 06:28 AM

Your D warrants that. Not many in Denver are scared of anybody right now, they are a juggernaut...

CupidStunt
09-30-2013, 06:32 AM

Which is premature confidence. The Broncos would present not only the best offense and defense KC's faced so far, it'd be BY FAR the best in both phases. I give this D a better chance than any team in football east of Seattle at simply competing with Manning's offense, but that's still the tallest order in football, and this KC offense simply hasn't performed consistently well yet in any game, despite the end-game stats seeming good. The good things they've done in all 4 games would not get it done in Denver. They'd have to do more - like the 4th quarter against the Giants. If we get that Alex for 2, 3, 4 more games in a row? OK... I'll entertain the challenge of the Donks.

Halfcan
09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Houston is a question mark, but I expect us to win the other 4. We're better than those teams.

They were burning Matt Scrub jerseys in the parking lot after the Houston loss-lol

Easy 6
09-30-2013, 08:20 AM
I dont see a true test until Houston, doesnt mean we'll go undefeated until then... but we should beat the next two teams.

dallaschiefsfan
09-30-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm gonna' say that we don't lose any of the home games. I think a new home "mystique" is being developed. I think Houston gets an ear-full from Chiefs Nation and Schaub makes one or more of his patented key-situation mistakes.

Yeah...don't see us losing at Tenn. I guess Buffalo is most likely at this point in my mind.

Old Dog
09-30-2013, 08:27 AM
The hype would be awesome and insane...gotta think Denver would be undefeated as well.

When does the schedule flexing start? Would that game be too soon?

That is the first week of flex scheduling.....I would rather see the one AT Arrowhead two weeks later flexed

FWIW, the current late game for week 11 is Packers at Giants and for week 13 it's Giants at Redskins

KC_Lee
09-30-2013, 08:33 AM
@ TEN; yeah Locker is out but Fitz has a history of being a Chief killer. Plus, TN new D is playing lights out. KC pulls it out late 16 - 13.

VS OAK; KC squashes and smears the cockroach that is the Oakland Faid, 28 – 10

VS HOU; Here's the true test in my book. Shaub has tossed a pic 6 in the last three games but Houston is stacked on O & D. If KC pulls this one out I have a 2 gallon bottle of Kool-Aid that I will gladly chug down. However I just don't see it, but I don't see a blowout either. Houston in a tight one, 21-17

VS CLE; the enigma that is the Cleveland Browns comes to KC. By this point I think they come back down to Earth. KC in a defensive romp (2 TDs on D, one by pic 6 & one by fumble return) 28 – 13

@BUF; another team that is surprising everyone this NFL season. As of late Buffalo has KC’s number and I don’t see that changing here. We keep it close but Buffalo pulls it out late, Buffalo wins 24 – 17.

So 3 – 2 giving KC a record of 7 – 2, not too bad.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2013, 08:37 AM
That is the first week of flex scheduling.....I would rather see the one AT Arrowhead two weeks later flexed

FWIW, the current late game for week 11 is Packers at Giants and for week 13 it's Giants at Redskins

CBS won't give up the rights to the one at Denver I'd bet. The one at KC has a better chance of being flexed.

l4z4rd
09-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Very plausible that they go 9-0. Titans are without Locker and Schaub will find a way to lose the game. Cleveland could probably be the toughest game (who would have thought?)

dallaschiefsfan
09-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Houston is like good KC teams in the past that have frustrated us. They don't play all four quarters. In the words of my Texan's fan friend, "They have a leadership problem". NO WAY a team like ours - which comes to play every down - loses to the Texans at Arrowhead.

Mile High Mania
09-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Honestly, I don't think Denver or KC will be undefeated when they meet in the first game... I'd honestly like to see Denver lose a game and get rid of some this "we're the greatest ever" bullsh that people are throwing their way.

HOU and @BUF will be interesting games for KC. I think CLE is a nice story the last 2 weeks, but that's about it.

My guess would be that KC loses those two games.

Denver has @DAL and @IND ... both will be tough games, given the location and the talent the teams have on offense. Both can get into a shootout.

Again ... I see neither team being undefeated when our teams first meet.

NO WAY a team like ours - which comes to play every down - loses to the Texans at Arrowhead.

I dunno... I think HOU is better than DAL and that was nearly a loss for KC, nothing too terribly dominating in that one.

Old Dog
09-30-2013, 09:08 AM
CBS won't give up the rights to the one at Denver I'd bet. The one at KC has a better chance of being flexed.

I concur....and I'm hoping you're correct (of course if we shit the bed, then the point is moot)

Honestly, I don't think Denver or KC will be undefeated when they meet in the first game...

+1

Discuss Thrower
09-30-2013, 09:10 AM

If KC has fewer than five losses going into that game in KC I'd bed money it gets flexed to SNF