PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What Do You Get When You Cross NFL's #1 Defense With...

SeeingRed
09-30-2013, 12:11 PM
...a Starting QB who has lost only 5 of his last 30 games?

A CONTENDER

Offense wins games but...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

I find it very interesting all the "experts" are counting the Chiefs out. :hmmm: I'm from NY and ESPN's Colin Cowherd in his morning show said 11 1/2 teams have a chance to win Superbowl. the UNDEFEATED Chiefs were NOT included in that group. The 1/2 team was the Cults...because they have a slim chance. The Chiefs....no chance. Hoping that the KC locker room knows it.....this defense cant hang with Peyton Manning. The odds on Superbowl favorite is just too good for us...gonna beat us like dogs. :clap: I think this might be a cool home game to visit Arrowhead for on Dec 1st....something tells me that Stadium might be pretty loud that day :D

Mav
09-30-2013, 12:15 PM

A CONTENDER

I find it very interesting all the "experts" are counting the Chiefs out. :hmmm: I'm from NY and ESPN's Colin Cowherd in his morning show said 11 1/2 teams have a chance to win Superbowl. the UNDEFEATED Chiefs were NOT included in that group. The 1/2 team was the Cults...because they have a slim chance. The Chiefs....no chance. Hoping that the KC locker room knows it.....this defense cant hang with Peyton Manning. The odds on Superbowl favorite is just too good for us...gonna beat us like dogs. :clap: I think this might be a cool home game to visit Arrowhead for on Dec 1st....something tells me that Stadium might be pretty loud that day :D

Oh. I have some info for you.

Colin COWARD, hates, loathes despises the 49ers. Hes a SEATTLE SEACOCKS homer, who also happens to hate Alex Smith.

I could of spared you from having to listen to that blabbering idiot. Hes too high on his seacock horse to ever seriously consider that the Chiefs, and especially Alex Smith are coming, not going.

I find it funny that he disses on the Colts. The Colts are going to end up with a home game at worst. They are so much better than the Texans.

Keep doubting ANDREW LUCK......

BlackHelicopters
09-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Your mistake was listening to what the 4 letter network had to say. All sizzle, no substance. Unwatchable and unlistenable.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2013, 12:19 PM
that game is shaping up to be game of the season. I don't blame anyone for leaving the Chiefs out of contention discussions. I mean, they are really good and all, but they still need to overcome decades of stink. If they beat the Mannings, that'll erase doubt coming from outsiders, I don't know what they need to do to erase the doubt of insider fans.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Cowherd is knowmo on speed

Rain Man
09-30-2013, 12:21 PM
that game is shaping up to be game of the season. I don't blame anyone for leaving the Chiefs out of contention discussions. I mean, they are really good and all, but they still need to overcome decades of stink. If they beat the Mannings, that'll erase doubt coming from outsiders, I don't know what they need to do to erase the doubt of insider fans.

They had me at "Hello, Justin Houston".

Ace Gunner
09-30-2013, 12:24 PM
They had me at "Hello, Justin Houston".

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/chiefs-celebration-11-12-12.gif

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm from NY and ESPN's Colin Cowherd in his morning show said 11 1/2 teams have a chance to win Superbowl. the UNDEFEATED Chiefs were NOT included in that group. The 1/2 team was the Cults...because they have a slim chance. The Chiefs....no chance.

Well Alex Smith is our quarterback still so our chances at winning a Super Bowl aren't great at all.

Direckshun
09-30-2013, 12:27 PM

I'm pretty sure this is the greatest gif of all time.

Berry's entrance from the right is a thing of beauty.

allen_kcCard
09-30-2013, 12:27 PM

I hate this fucking gif.

wazu
09-30-2013, 12:28 PM
that game is shaping up to be game of the season. I don't blame anyone for leaving the Chiefs out of contention discussions. I mean, they are really good and all, but they still need to overcome decades of stink.

Pretty much this. The Chiefs have a 20 year drought on playoff wins right now, and haven't played in a Superbowl in over 40 years. That may all change under the new regime, but why would anybody predict that at this point?

Mav
09-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Andrew Luck has talent and drive , the thing he lacks is the character depth that comes with time and disappointment. USC and Stanford are both grooming schools for the elite mindsets . Confidence that is in part reliant on the kind of bottle fed babying those environments are in infused with tend to be vulnerable when it comes to ultimate showdowns. In essence he lacks street smarts.

I am sure that between having Jim Harbaugh as his coach, and having a Dad that was an NFL qb that he has plenty of street smarts. He just comes off as aloof. But, lets not be fooled. Andrew Luck is a brilliant mind with a hell of a skill set to play qb.

If they don't win in INDY it wont be because of him.

SeeingRed
09-30-2013, 12:46 PM
I am sure that between having Jim Harbaugh as his coach, and having a Dad that was an NFL qb that he has plenty of street smarts. He just comes off as aloof. But, lets not be fooled. Andrew Luck is a brilliant mind with a hell of a skill set to play qb.

If they don't win in INDY it wont be because of him.

True...Luck is legit

Molitoth
09-30-2013, 12:47 PM
I hate this ****ing gif.

This. That horrendous celebration ended in a penalty anyway.

That whole season should be erased from memory.

Fat Elvis
09-30-2013, 12:48 PM

You understand that this is a gif of the Chiefs prematurely celebrating a defensive touchdown that was called back during their most horrific season don't you?

SeeingRed
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Well Alex Smith is our quarterback still so our chances at winning a Super Bowl aren't great at all.

I don't know, I kinda like Smith. I think he handled being benched last year with an over 70% comp percentage with class and I see improvement with this offense. Bowe is finally starting to get involved, hopefully our best TE's will be back soon. Special Teams is playing well. Last time I check this was a team game. I like our team. Say what you want about Smith but losing 1 out of every 6 games in the NFL is quite impressive...no matter how good your defense might be.

CoMoChief
09-30-2013, 01:09 PM
I haven't given a shit about anything espn critics have said relating to nfl for about 6 yrs.

Kiimo
09-30-2013, 01:16 PM
If you want some really fun times listen to Colin Cowherd talk about the complete irrelevancy of college basketball.

Try not to kill yourself in the hopes that it will somehow hurt him too.

keg in kc
09-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Try turning the dial or changing URLs. Tons of people are calling us contenders. Hell, the announcers during the Denver/Philly game were talking about us a couple of times. When was the last time that happened?

Halfcan
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
I am sure there are still "Expert" rating the Ravens and Steelers over the Chiefs-lol

Frazod
09-30-2013, 03:20 PM
I hate this fucking gif.

Those fucking all white uniforms.... God I hope the team never wears that shit again. :#

SeeingRed
09-30-2013, 03:23 PM
BIG game this week...Just saw this Power Ranking on an NFL website that has us and Titans neck and neck at #7 and #8. Its true they are an overtime loss from being unbeaten as well.

8. Kansas City Chiefs (4-0)

I love this team, I really do. They play great defense, they run the ball well, they’re fundamentally sound. I even have Alex Smith starting on my Fantasy team (it’s a really deep league). But remember the Arizona Cardinals starting 4-0 last season before finishing 5-11? This team has beat the Jaguars, Giants, Eagles and Cowboys. That’s a combined 3-13 record. They take down the Titans next week, and we’ll talk top five.

7. Tennessee Titans (3-1)

This team is an overtime loss at Houston from being shockingly undefeated. Jake Locker was putting together a breakout season, but now has to deal with a hip injury. If Ryan Fitzpatrick can carry this team, you’ll know they’re special. Alterraun Verner is making a case to be considered among the best corners in football right now. He grabbed three turnovers (two interceptions and a fumble recovery) against the Jets.

Halfcan
09-30-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't know, I kinda like Smith. I think he handled being benched last year with an over 70% comp percentage with class and I see improvement with this offense. Bowe is finally starting to get involved, hopefully our best TE's will be back soon. Special Teams is playing well. Last time I check this was a team game. I like our team. Say what you want about Smith but losing 1 out of every 6 games in the NFL is quite impressive...no matter how good your defense might be.

I think our Best tight end played on sunday- don't discount the Duck!

Tribal Warfare
09-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Try turning the dial or changing URLs. Tons of people are calling us contenders. Hell, the announcers during the Denver/Philly game were talking about us a couple of times. When was the last time that happened?

Besides KC's record it's the East Coast's media following of Andy Reid .This would've happened with Pioli Tebow fold if he had his shit together.

durtyrute
09-30-2013, 03:31 PM

That was a fumble and it should have been a touchdown.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
You understand that this is a gif of the Chiefs prematurely celebrating a defensive touchdown that was called back during their most horrific season don't you?

Sob. We all know he did it wrong. I dig it though. Waiting for the new one, actually. The right one.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2013, 03:40 PM
That was a fumble and it should have been a touchdown.

"except on thursday"

-New NFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1230

Shaid
09-30-2013, 04:17 PM

Lot of haters out there but I love that gif. Have had it as my fantasy football avatar since last season. I know it was an abortion of a season but that was a funny as hell moment.

milkman
09-30-2013, 05:15 PM

If the Alex Smith that showed up yesterday in the second half continues to show up, this team has a legitimate chance to make some noise.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2013, 05:17 PM
...a very dangerous team.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I hate this ****ing gif.

Me Too, it's directly associated with 2-14 and a horrible coaching staff.

SAUTO
09-30-2013, 07:17 PM
If the Alex Smith that showed up yesterday in the second half continues to show up, this team has a legitimate chance to make some noise.

Exactly. THAT is close to the perfect qb of this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
09-30-2013, 07:19 PM
That radio dude is a fucking retard. I'll punch his fuckin lights out if I ever see him.

Dave Lane
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM

A CONTENDER

The chiefs have no shot currently. If we beat Denver then I may revise my assessment depending on how we play. This team has major holes and no where close to contending for a sb run.

Phobia
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Lot of haters out there but I love that gif. Have had it as my fantasy football avatar since last season. I know it was an abortion of a season but that was a funny as hell moment.

Funny according to whom? Obviously you didn't ask any old white guys.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the greatest gif of all time.

Berry's entrance from the right is a thing of beauty.

That ranks up there with the Monday Night Meltdown...

Ah those Chiefs, celebrating nothing but failure back in the day....

One of the greatest facepalm moments in Chiefs History...

Oh Snap
09-30-2013, 08:09 PM

I think a lot of people don't know what to make of the Chiefs. To a lot of people, they view the Chiefs as a flash in the pan (see 2010). A team that benefits from a weak schedule, but cannot hang with the big boys.

People here need to remember, we only won 2 games last year. And while that may not be indicative as to this team in the here and now; it is hard to erase the type of ineptitude that the national audience has witnessed.

Look at the Dolphins. How many here honestly think they're a good team? Same thing with the Chiefs. They are going to have to prove to everyone that they are not just a one hit wonder, or a flash in the pan. They're going to have to play with the big dogs. They solve this by winning.

Shaid
09-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Funny according to whom? Obviously you didn't ask any old white guys.

Funny according to me which is pretty much all I care about. Honestly I was wanting them to lose the game at that point because the season was already a wash and we may as well get the best pick we can and ensure Pioli gets fired. Then they start dancing on a non-touchdown and actually cause Pittsburgh to get a first down. It was freaking hilarious. If they were pushing for a playoff spot, I'd of been pissed as hell. In the context of that particular game, hilarious.

49er1973
09-30-2013, 09:43 PM
but then Niners went thug and turned ugly.

As my screen name says I have been a 9er fan since "73". But I'm new to this whole message board thing. My son signed me up on a 49er message last year but I never went there, but he would show me things on there from time to time. So I decided to get on there this season. I have been a casual fan of the Chiefs from the time of the Montana trade (still hate Steve Young) and I like Alex Smith. I think he is a good QB that had a real bad situation to deal with when he first came into the league, but when any one dares to defend him on the 49er board. Man the abuse you receive. I went to games in the 70's and early 80's but moved to far away to go..then I moved back a couple of years ago and decided to take my son and man has the fan base changed. Still a die hard niner fan but am pulling for Alex and KC this year.

beach tribe
09-30-2013, 11:59 PM
As my screen name says I have been a 9er fan since "73". But I'm new to this whole message board thing. My son signed me up on a 49er message last year but I never went there, but he would show me things on there from time to time. So I decided to get on there this season. I have been a casual fan of the Chiefs from the time of the Montana trade (still hate Steve Young) and I like Alex Smith. I think he is a good QB that had a real bad situation to deal with when he first came into the league, but when any one dares to defend him on the 49er board. Man the abuse you receive. I went to games in the 70's and early 80's but moved to far away to go..then I moved back a couple of years ago and decided to take my son and man has the fan base changed. Still a die hard niner fan but am pulling for Alex and KC this year.

Its the same here.

The guy has exceeded every expectation placed on him by even the biggest homers here.

How many expectations must he trample over until the people who made up their minds that he sucked before he ever took a snap under Reid start to realize what we witnessed on Sunday was a QB who, combined with this roster and coaching staff can challenge any team in the NFL?

Manning has played this way before for years, and if it wasnt for Bob Sanders would not have a damn thing to show for it. Denver is the best team in the league right now, but they can be beaten, and our D matches up with their O probably better than any team out there. I would not be the slightest bit shocked to see Smith and Peyton playing for the AFCCship.
And anyone who thinks that we would have no shot whatsoever in that game has forgotten the seeds that have won the SB in the last decade.

Holladay
10-01-2013, 03:10 AM
As my screen name says I have been a 9er fan since "73".

Nice of you to post... as you can see I don't much. Tell us more on your insight to Alex. We are just homers wanting the best. You've watched him for 6-7 years.

49er1973
10-01-2013, 08:48 AM
At work so I'll make this quick. A smart, cautious QB. I get laughed for this but one that reminds me of Montana. I look at the Saints game for that. Not a big arm but can throw down field when needed. And super mentally tough.

Beef Supreme
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM

It was the most entertaining thing that happened last year.

Chief Pote
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM

I don't know....while I can appreciate the excitement of the moment, those guys need to learn how to dance or move. Moonwalk or something....I mean really? They dance like a bunch of white guys. :rolleyes:

bshmerlie
10-01-2013, 10:32 AM
One thing to remember....we have a bye week right before we play the Broncos. That gives us two weeks to prepare for them. If the team can stay focused and not lose a game between now and then we could have the division lead if we could manage to pull off that win. Maybe the Boncos get a little banged up playing the Chargers the week before. Its possible we can come away with a win. We just can't lose between now and then.

crossbow
10-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Until the Chiefs prove otherwise, why would anyone think they are legit? They haven't done a damn thing in over 20 years. Prove it or GTFO. I got no problem with that concept at all.