PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL moves Sundays Bolts/Raiders game to 11:35 eastern to accommodate MLB

Deberg_1990
10-01-2013, 11:24 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/chargers-raiders-moved-to-sunday-night/

The game time for Sunday’s Chargers-Raiders game at the Oakland Coliseum has been changed to 11:35 p.m. Eastern/8:35 p.m. Pacific on Sunday night, the Raiders announced on Monday.

The game will air on NFL Network.

The game was slated for 4:25 p.m. Eastern/1:25 p.m. Pacific, but with the Oakland Athletics playing on Saturday night at the Coliseum and time needed to ready the field for football, the later start time was necessitated, the Raiders said in a statement today.

Earlier on Sunday night, the 49ers will host the Texans at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park. Game time is 8:30 p.m. Eastern/5:30 p.m. Pacific on NBC.

chefsos
10-01-2013, 11:28 AM
It takes them 24 hours to change that stuff?

BlackHelicopters
10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Moving sewage takes a lot of time.

chefsos
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Now that I think of it, I guess it would be time consuming to remove all the win in that place in order to replace it with fail.

chefsos
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Moving sewage takes a lot of time.
That, too.

Hail2TheChiefs
10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
To be fair, who would have thought the A's would have made the playoffs?

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2013, 12:05 PM
To be fair, who would have thought the A's would have made the playoffs?

You mean like last year when they won the AL West?

L.A. Chieffan
10-01-2013, 12:07 PM
A's deserve better.

NinerDoug
10-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Now that I think of it, I guess it would be time consuming to remove all the win in that place in order to replace it with fail.

lol

Eureka
10-01-2013, 03:22 PM
I rarely get to attend night games in the Coliseium! But the few I have been to people get very drunk cuz there not used to partying all day. The games always start at 1 so now everyone has 7 more hours to get trashed.

I'm sure arrowhead is the same way?

Buck
10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Are the Oakland Q's also playing that day?

Ooh. Sick burn.

CaliforniaChief
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
That place is such a worthless dump. Oakland, that "coliseum", and the welfare-dependent/ankle bracelet-wearing crowd should seriously just wash into the bay. Addition by subtraction.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Reighters lives on the East Coast ROFL

kcxiv
10-01-2013, 03:46 PM
That place is such a worthless dump. Oakland, that "coliseum", and the welfare-dependent/ankle bracelet-wearing crowd should seriously just wash into the bay. Addition by subtraction.

As fans totaly different then raider fans which is weird. As much as I hate the raiders A's fans are pretty cool.

listopencil
10-01-2013, 04:01 PM
As fans totaly different then raider fans which is weird. As much as I hate the raiders A's fans are pretty cool.

I've been behind enemy lines in northern California since 1988. It's Niners/Raiders country. One thing I have noticed is that there is a huge difference between the "Oakland" Raider fans and the "LA" Raider fans. I can sit around and bullshit with the fans from the Oakland eras. The "LA" fans are garbage.

Marcellus
10-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Its not like anyone East of the Rockies cares anyway.

Hail2TheChiefs
10-01-2013, 04:23 PM
living in "Niner/Raider Nation" I have a healthy distain for the Raiders that I never had before when I lived in Scotland!

Deberg_1990
10-01-2013, 04:24 PM
On the bright side, its 15 hours of continuous football on Sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eureka
10-01-2013, 06:13 PM

It's really funny you mention that! I'm a season ticket holder who's white, college degree, and NO criminal record. Over the years I've gotten to know the STH next to me and their normal folks. Def not like what you describe. It's funny how fans of teams are perceived......

Cheifs fans are white, fat, and never went beyond HS. Aka that guy pumping his fist after the chiefs selected this year! Lol

saphojunkie
10-01-2013, 06:14 PM
On the bright side, its 15 hours of continuous football on Sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the way you think.

FlaChief58
10-01-2013, 07:03 PM
No biggie, it's not like anyone will be watching that shitfest anyhow.

notorious
10-01-2013, 07:06 PM

This

Wait....Breaking Bad is over........what will I do............****!!!!!!!!!!

Deberg_1990
10-01-2013, 07:07 PM
It's really funny you mention that! I'm a season ticket holder who's white, college degree, and NO criminal record. Over the years I've gotten to know the STH next to me and their normal folks. Def not like what you describe. It's funny how fans of teams are perceived......

Cheifs fans are white, fat, and never went beyond HS. Aka that guy pumping his fist after the chiefs selected this year! Lol

Hahaha.....truthfully, I doubt many season ticket holders are welfare recipients in today's modern priced NFL.

Buck
10-01-2013, 07:09 PM

I guarantee you that most people on here who don't have to work on Monday will. :D

cosmo20002
10-01-2013, 07:21 PM

So? And you forgot "has a goatee."

notorious
10-01-2013, 07:22 PM
So? And you forgot "has a goatee."

And drives a Camero.

displacedinMN
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
It takes them 24 hours to change that stuff?

My first thought was yes.....but then realized it only took a while to convert the Metrodome from football to baseball.

I was thinking 4 hours. Gophers at 11. Game over at 2. Twins at 7 or 8 for a playoff game.
Maybe it was longer but there were years that it had three events in a weekend.

Some gopher games did get moved to Friday night just in case it ran long.
But most were over at half. ROFL

aturnis
10-01-2013, 07:50 PM
They should just move the MLB to never.

P.S. Baseball's gay.

Buck
10-01-2013, 07:51 PM
My first thought was yes.....but then realized it only took a while to convert the Metrodome from football to baseball.

I was thinking 4 hours. Gophers at 11. Game over at 2. Twins at 7 or 8 for a playoff game.
Maybe it was longer but there were years that it had three events in a weekend.

Some gopher games did get moved to Friday night just in case it ran long.
But most were over at half. ROFL

I remember there was an instance at the old Murph where the Padres played a night game and the Chargers played the next day and they made it happen.

Oakland has a different field though and much more of the infield is on the football playing ground. Might have something to do with it.

Most multi-use stadiums had one of the foul lines run along the sideline of the football field. Oakland, I believe, has the football sideline run from the 3rd base to 1st base, and that means for football, they put in a shit load of seats where Centerfield is, compared to other stadiums just needing to paint the field?

I don't know, could be wrong.

kcxiv
10-01-2013, 08:04 PM
living in "Niner/Raider Nation" I have a healthy distain for the Raiders that I never had before when I lived in Scotland!

Where I. The valley u at? I'm in Merced.

Eureka
10-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Hahaha.....truthfully, I doubt many season ticket holders are welfare recipients in today's modern priced NFL.

Luckily the Raiders aren't yet modern (old stadium) which makes the tickets cheap compared to others.

Heck an A's game cost 20$ inc a free hotdog but you drive across the bay and the Giants game is 152$. Sure the venue is better but the game plays the same.

bevischief
10-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Way past my bed time when I have to work on Monday morning.

Ceej
10-02-2013, 06:26 AM
More televised football -- I will watch it.

J Diddy
10-02-2013, 06:43 AM
This

Wait....Breaking Bad is over........what will I do............****!!!!!!!!!!

I will be tapping my knuckles anxiously awaiting the season premiere of the walking dead.

vailpass
10-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Dual sport stadiums are the suck.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Free sewage with every large drink

displacedinMN
10-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Dual sport stadiums are the suck.

True and it took a long time to come to that realization.

The Metrodome was the "most advanced" and the last.
Housed the Vikes, Gophers, TWolves, and Gopher baseball.

The last tennant is the Vikings. And the dome will be gone soon.

Unless the Wilfs screw it up. Their finances are in question.

As much as some complain about KC, the idea of a dual stadium complex was the best of both worlds.

vailpass
10-02-2013, 08:37 AM
True and it took a long time to come to that realization.

The Metrodome was the "most advanced" and the last.
Housed the Vikes, Gophers, TWolves, and Gopher baseball.

The last tennant is the Vikings. And the dome will be gone soon.

Unless the Wilfs screw it up. Their finances are in question.

As much as some complain about KC, the idea of a dual stadium complex was the best of both worlds.

I actually went to aTwolves at HHH when I was young. They looked like ants.

Hail2TheChiefs
10-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Visalia, just south of Fresno

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Bump for Reighters and Jiu Jitsu

Deberg_1990
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Bump...we still have 5 more hours of football tonight!

listopencil
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I can't root for the Raiders.

WakkaWakka
10-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Lol I grew up in merced. Moved here in 2006.

Buck
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Waiting this long for your team to play and having to watch all these other games sucks.

chefsos
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Waiting this long for your team to play and having to watch all these other games sucks.But the cool thing will be that you're the only game going, and everyone else will be <strike>watching</strike> asleep.

East Coast Bias
(sung to the tune of Basketball Jones)

East coast bias
I got an East coast bias
I got an East coast bias
Oh baby oooOOOooo

Bugeater
10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
But the cool thing will be that you're the only game going, and everyone else will be <strike>watching</strike> asleep.
I'm planning on staying up as long as it's interesting...well assuming I don't fall asleep from this abortion that is playing now.

eDave
10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Visalia, just south of Fresno

I lived in Visalia for a year a long time ago. Cool town.

keg in kc
10-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm planning on staying up as long as it's interesting...well assuming I don't fall asleep from this abortion that is playing now.The Chargers will keep it interesting with their tradition of finding creative ways to lose.