PDA

View Full Version : Football Matt Schaub

thabear04
10-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Have anyone seen this clip of this guy burning a Matt Schaub jersey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQS81Sn8QFw

Discuss Thrower
10-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Schaub's twitter account got deleted too...

Sorry to sound like that O's fan douche, but I felt it necessary to include in the conversation.

Arrowhead Thunder
10-01-2013, 12:45 PM
They were talking about it on the radio yesterday.

Guy 1 "I don't get it, how stupid are you that you burn something you payed good money for?"

Guy 2 "well, he did pay money for a matt schuab jersey"

on houston sports radio.

Gravedigger
10-01-2013, 12:46 PM
It's time for the Texans to move on and draft a QB after this year IMHO. Shaub is Rivers without the crybaby mentality, he won't take you to a Super Bowl. You're wasting your talent building around the wrong guy.

kcxiv
10-01-2013, 12:47 PM
They should have done that with Matt Cassels jerseys lol

kcxiv
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
They were talking about it on the radio yesterday.

Guy 1 "I don't get it, how stupid are you that you burn something you payed good money for?"

Guy 2 "well, he did pay money for a matt schuab jersey"

on houston sports radio.

Sometimes u gotta cut your losses. When u buy something then it becomes worthless, well why not?

thabear04
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
They should have done that with Matt Cassels jerseys lol

I have an old Larry Johnson jersey:shake:

SuperChief
10-01-2013, 12:50 PM
It's time for the Texans to move on and draft a QB after this year IMHO. Shaub is Rivers without the crybaby mentality, he won't take you to a Super Bowl. You're wasting your talent building around the wrong guy.

Shaub is nothing like Rivers.

TimBone
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Sometimes u gotta cut your losses. When u buy something then it becomes worthless, well why not?

That would make sense if he hadn't bought it on the spot. He paid $200 for the sole purpose of burning it. What a moron.

thabear04
10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
That would make sense if he hadn't bought it on the spot. He paid $200 for the sole purpose of burning it. What a moron.

Guess you do stupid shit when your drunk.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Moron...

RealSNR
10-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Schaub just hasn't been that good. He's not a QB you want when shit's on the line. He shies away from the moment and plays his WORST football when the pressure is on.

Houston has never tried to seriously draft and develop competition behind him (no, TJ Yates doesn't count). They better start doing that now, because that window might close on them sooner rather than later.

Also, Kubiak better watch himself too.

Garcia Bronco
10-01-2013, 01:40 PM
He's always been an average QB...not sure why people are up in arms about it.

hometeam
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
People have payed more money for less satisfaction.

alpha_omega
10-01-2013, 01:57 PM
It's a tailgate...throw some lighter fluid on that sucker.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Houston has never tried to seriously draft and develop competition behind him (no, TJ Yates doesn't count). They better start doing that now, because that window might close on them sooner rather than later.

You'd think they'll draft someone next year.

I think Kubiak is safe.

RealSNR
10-01-2013, 02:32 PM
You'd think they'll draft someone next year.

I think Kubiak is safe.

I think they'll draft a QB as soon as it's convenient. It might not be in the first round or even the 2nd round, but they really need to start loading up on young talent.

Schaub needs a swift kick in the ass. You disagree?

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I think they'll draft a QB as soon as it's convenient. It might not be in the first round or even the 2nd round, but they really need to start loading up on young talent.

Schaub needs a swift kick in the ass. You disagree?

From my POV, Schaub needs to win in the playoffs this year (and I predict he won't) or at the very least, they bring in serious starting competition, if not send him packing.

If RGIII stays healthy this year and plays well, I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Kirk Cousins traded to Houston. Same system, relationship with the Shanahan's and the Redskins need for high draft choices.

TEX
10-01-2013, 04:21 PM
From my POV, Schaub needs to win in the playoffs this year (and I predict he won't) or at the very least, they bring in serious starting competition, if not send him packing.

If RGIII stays healthy this year and plays well, I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see Kirk Cousins traded to Houston. Same system, relationship with the Shanahan's and the Redskins need for high draft choices.

Thats EXACTLY the case with all of it. In fact some of the sports DJ's were talking about Cousins...:hmmm:

BTW, Some in the media and a LOT of fans are already talking like the Texans won't even make the playoffs. LOL! I'm laughing not at the case they might not, but that this town is already used to winning and the team has only had 3 winning seasons in it's history. Wasn't THAT long ago that EVERYONE in the city would take 2-2 for the Texans after 4 games. Now, that's definately not the case. Shoot, they're fortunate to even be 2-2 and I think that's part of the frustration as well here.

RealSNR
10-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Thats EXACTLY the case with all of it. In fact some of the sports DJ's were talking about Cousins...:hmmm:

BTW, Some in the media and a LOT of fans are already talking like the Texans won't even make the playoffs. LOL! I'm laughing not at the case they might not, but that this town is already used to winning and the team has only had 3 winning seasons in it's history. Wasn't THAT long ago that EVERYONE in the city would take 2-2 for the Texans after 4 games. Now, that's definately not the case. Shoot, they're fortunate to even be 2-2 and I think that's part of the frustration as well here.

Three seasons is a long time in the NFL.

Plus, the Texans are too talented on defense to not win. Dumbfuck plays like the one Schaub made on Sunday deserve every bit the outrage from fans.

Cassel had a 2010 season where he would have taken the sack and preserved the victory. I'm not so sure 2011 and 2012 Cassel would have done the same. Once he started pulling Matt Schaubs, a good portion of the fans stopped babying him and started treating him like the loser he really was.

And that was just after one season of 10-6 football for crying out loud

Deberg_1990
10-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Yea, he always had seemed like one if those guys who puts up big stats, but can't ever win a big game. Wasn't it TJ Yates who won a couple of playoff games for them a couple of seasons ago?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
10-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Yea, he always had seemed like one if those guys who puts up big stats, but can't ever win a big game. Wasn't it TJ Yates who won a couple of playoff games for them a couple of seasons ago?
Posted via Mobile Device

He won one playoff game, yes. Against the Bengals.

Schaub came back the next year healthy and did the same thing. And just like Yates, he tripped on his own ass in the divisional round.

bshmerlie
10-01-2013, 04:48 PM
The problem is human beings (quarter backs included) are all on a bell curve. You have some elite ones, everybody in the middle and then those that truly suck. The problem is there are just not enough elite ones to go around. Most teams just try to find a guy that is at least in the upper middle category. If elite QBs grew on trees everyone would have one. Schaub is above average if you consider all the options out there at QB. So throwing him away and bringing in an unknow rookie who may turn out to be the exact same retard is probably not the choice the Houston front office is going to go with. Just saying. Winning games is what puts the fans in the seats. Going with a brand new kid is risky.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
The problem is human beings (quarter backs included) are all on a bell curve. You have some elite ones, everybody in the middle and then those that truly suck. The problem is there are just not enough elite ones to go around. Most teams just try to find a guy that is at least in the upper middle category. If elite QBs grew on trees everyone would have one. Schaub is above average if you consider all the options out there at QB. So throwing him away and bringing in an unknow rookie who may turn out to be the exact same retard is probably not the choice the Houston front office is going to go with. Just saying. Winning games is what puts the fans in the seats. Going with a brand new kid is risky.

Very well said. Alot of fans have a hard time understanding this. really, at any given time, there are only 5 or 6 truly elite QBs in the NFL. its all relative as well. Schuab is a B level QB in the NFL, but he's elite in the CFL, AFL, XFL or USFL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I wish Ryan Mallet had a shot at playing soon... kills me that he's on the bench behind Brady.

SAUTO
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I have an old Larry Johnson jersey:shake:

I have a signed one that was once owned by a member of royalty
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Did schaub come in with kubiak? I can't remember but I thought kubiak went out and got him
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
10-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I watched some of this game today and Schaub was getting brutalized by the D. If it have been Manning or Brees the Texans would have marched down the field on 15 yard penalties. I don't really feel sorry for the guy but I'm just saying.

Brock
10-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Did schaub come in with kubiak? I can't remember but I thought kubiak went out and got him
Posted via Mobile Device

His handpicked guy.

Halfcan
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM

Yep I don't think Houston will make the Playoffs this year.

Brock
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
The problem is kubiak, tbh.

Quesadilla Joe
10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
A Houston restaurant is offering a "Matt Schaub" burger: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/matt-schaub-burger/?sf17870444=1You "pick six" toppings and then "pay dearly for it"https://twitter.com/USATODAYsports/status/385227674274508800

notorious
10-01-2013, 08:46 PM
The problem is kubiak, tbh.

I have not watched Houston very much this season, but is Kubiak causing him to force throws for pick-6's in the last 3 games?

King_Chief_Fan
10-02-2013, 08:30 AM
I wish Ryan Mallet had a shot at playing soon... kills me that he's on the bench behind Brady.

wow...that sounds serious

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2013, 08:32 AM
I watched some of this game today and Schaub was getting brutalized by the D. If it have been Manning or Brees the Texans would have marched down the field on 15 yard penalties. I don't really feel sorry for the guy but I'm just saying.

Houston will be ejected from the game for hitting Pampered Peyton

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Was a true battle of who shit their pants the least against Dalton. Dalton's diaper overflowed on to the field at an epic rate.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2013, 08:34 AM
https://twitter.com/USATODAYsports/status/385227674274508800

Ok that was a good find, but you are still a worthless welcher.

philfree
10-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Houston will be ejected from the game for hitting Pampered Peyton

I'd like to see Poe pancake'em. Didn't the Fridge pancake Neil Lomax or somebody once and everyone thought he killed him?

Chiefshrink
10-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Schaub just hasn't been that good. He's not a QB you want when shit's on the line. He shies away from the moment and plays his WORST football when the pressure is on.

:thumb: You nailed it !! Never understood the excitement of Matt Schaub by many of the NFL coaches years ago when he came from Atlanta as a b/u. Waaaaay overrated. Kubiak should have been fired 3yrs ago if not earlier but he keeps his job because he comes from the Shanny tree. Kubiak IMO is peter principled out at the OC pos. He is not a head coach. His body demeanor on the sideline say's I'm a loser and will someone kick me !!

Chiefshrink
10-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Kubiak had 1 yr of Carr and then went out and got Schaub.

Chiefshrink
10-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Schaub just doesn't play big in big games when you need him to carry the team at times. He just can't do it.

mcaj22
10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Schaub was behind Vick as the backup and they flipped him to the Texans for two 2nd rounders off such a small production sample

and the Texans have been handcuffed to him since and will never get over the hump as long as hes the QB

Beef Supreme
10-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Schaub was on fire last week. Oh, wait, that was his jersey.